Designers » A » Leather « Groups

Cuir Sacré Atelier des Ors for women and men
dislike

leather
smoky
Cuir Sacré Atelier des Ors for women and men Pictures Cuir Sacré Atelier des Ors for women and men Pictures Cuir Sacré Atelier des Ors for women and men Pictures Cuir Sacré Atelier des Ors for women and men Pictures Cuir Sacré Atelier des Ors for women and men Pictures Cuir Sacré Atelier des Ors for women and men Pictures

That powerful and vibrating fragrance was designed as an Andalusian dream

thought while strolling the Old Town of Cordoba.

The leathery wood notes glorified with Saffron and Vetiver revive the cordovan

leather heritage often referred to as Gold Leather.

The beautiful ingredients bring a strong and elegant character to Cuir Sacré. Cuir Sacré was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is Marie Salamagne.

Juniper Berries Cardamom Cypress

Incense Saffron Cedar Needles

Leather Vetiver Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha

Cuir Sacré Fragrance Reviews

SuzySchnabel
SuzySchnabel

Beautiful, not screetchy nor powerfull, it's a chypre-like scent and it's not at all about 'cuir', but VETIVER. One of the best I've tried: little aromatic ( juniper) and sweet ( vanilla ! ) with tiny 'modern suede' accord..it's all about vetiver , if you don't like the note, forget it...Not at all strong or bold, with airy quality like VolDeNuit, I don't know why it's called "Cuir"..!
( and smell no cipress at all)
My pick today when I could choose a travelspray from Atelier des Ors's : chose this right away: easygoing, little sweet and very nice, but silage and longevity indeed very low.

Cereza
Cereza

"Cuir Sacre" is a lovely interpretation on leather - extremely elegant and easy to enjoy despite this being a bit on the screechy side.
The first notion I got was the juniper soon followed by leather accomponied with sourness of vetiver and saffron. The mix feels weird, but somehow it works wonder together and gives this classy, elegant vibe of high class cars with leather and wood interiors. Anyhow, it stays like this all trough drydown.

And then "Cuir Sacre" dissappears. It has a staying power of 2 hours max and all trough it stays extremely close to skin. Given the price tag - I wouldn't recommend blind buying before testing if longevity is an issue for your skin too.

Truly dissapointing despite the lovely scent.

PurseJunkie
PurseJunkie

Cuir Sacré is said to be inspired by the town of Cordoba in the South of Spain. I don’t know from Cordoba, so I called up some pictures of Moorish architecture and put on Spanish Castle Magic*. Turns out it’s very far away; it takes about a half a day to get there.

Now that I’m in the mood, let’s get sniffing!

It starts off with a sharp herbal spike (the juniper, I assume; I mostly know juniper through my consumption of martinis, so my knowledge of the scent is…hazy). There’s a slight soapiness, but it vanishes quickly. The next thing I notice is a hint of what I think of as “swimming pool,” a note I’ve smelled in more than a few leathers, particularly from Floris. There’s also a surprise “skanky” quality that is, to my nose, the dominant note of the first hour. Where the hell did that come from? After about 15 minutes I start to smell the rubbery kind of vetiver (one of my favorite scents these days) that becomes the core of the fragrance, at least on my skin (on paper the notes are the same, but vary greatly in prominence and duration).

Towards the end I start getting the cedar and, perhaps, cypriol. I don’t find any incense or saffron, at least not in the way I normally understand them.

Good news/bad news: This is obviously a nicely crafted perfume, well-blended and with good ingredients. Longevity is excellent, too, such as it is. And by that I mean to say that a modest application of Cuir Sacré quickly becomes a skin scent. If you’re a projection queen this is really going to cost you in sprays.

Speaking of which, Atelier des Ors doesn’t come cheap, so I guess it’s appropriate that the brand is really digging the gold theme they established with their name and adding little gold flakes to the bottles. It’s a little silly, yes, but I bought a bottle of Fragile back in the day, so far be it from me to pan the gold. Besides, it’s not like that $1.18 in gold flake is what’s driving up the price here.

If you like a good leather/vetiver and you’ve got the gold, I say go for it.

*One of two songs about castles on the Jimi Hendrix album “Axis: Bold as Love.”

Roge'
Roge'

The gold flakes of despair. A fragrance that is bereft of longevity and pretty much displays a false microcosm given the luxurious exterior of the bottle. To put it frankly, this would be a blind buy that you would loathe. That aside, what is Cuir Sacre? It's a floral leathery duvet for your skin. The empirical evidence given here leads me to believe that this is a fragrance meant to be sprayed on clothing and that too may or may not suffice. Fragrance disappears in approximately 47min....

Q80
Q80

Quite interesting! and i was surprised that it's a leather fragrance!

Saffron loaded with cardamom and bit sweetened with juniper berries added to it something dirty and i guess it's the vetiver & the cypress mixed a bit more with cardamom & giving a hint of rubber within the whole mix. It's way different On my skin than on my clothes.

As it calms down it turns into rubber full throttle (mostly tire smell) with a hint of cardamom & dill.

The main drawback is it's weakness as it turns into skin close smell within 20 to 30 minutes.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Atelier des Ors Cuir Sacré fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Atelier des Ors Cuir Sacré, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cuir Sacré by Atelier des Ors. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cuir Sacré by Atelier des Ors represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.