Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Desirade Aubusson for women

Desirade Aubusson for women
dislike

yellow floral

Desirade by Aubusson is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Desirade was launched in 1990. Top notes are aldehydes, pineapple, madagascar ylang-ylang, coriander and bergamot; middle notes are tuberose, orange blossom, violet, cassia, jasmine, chinese osmanthus and rose; base notes are sandalwood, plum, patchouli, somalian opoponax, musk, raspberry and vanilla.

Aldehydes Pineapple Madagascar Ylang-Ylang Coriander Bergamot

Tuberose Orange Blossom Violet Cassia Jasmine Chinese Osmanthus Rose

Sandalwood Plum Patchouli Somalian Opoponax Musk Raspberry Vanilla

Boucheron
Noa Noa
Joop! Femme

Desirade Fragrance Reviews

celebrity89

O.K. I finally found this for a steal and couldn't resist. This has a vintage 50's feel that smells a little like Oscar de la Renta and Tabu. Your grandmother,(someone in their 70's or 80's would love you if you gifted this to them.) This is for at home wear only. My boyfriend said this smells like something Elizabeth Taylor would have made. I replaced the awkward and very plastic cap with one from and old Paloma Picasso bottle. Pretty bottle now and one to wear to bed.
Update: Inhale deeply and you can really smell Shalimar.

greenelf
greenelf

This was another T.J.Maxx $7 find--and what I have is the "My Desire" Desirade in the red box as well. I am pretty sure that this is a reformulation-the box says packaged in Palm Beach FLA--but I don't really hate it. It is not magical, by any means, but it strikes me as a lighter version of Tresor, fruity floral oriental and if the osmanthus note is suppossed to be noticable, you could have fooled me. I get roses, peaches and light powder. Inoffensive, but no big deal. Oh well!

celebrity89

Attention: This review is for Desirade My Desire NOT Desirade!

Oh, how I wish Ross would have had this for 9.99 instead of the Desirade My Desire (red bottle)! My Desire is not cataloged in Fragrantica so I'm doing a service by adding my review: MY DESIRE Desirade in the RED BOTTLE is an atrocious attempt at Champs Elysees or Miracle, a rotten rose petals soaked in vinegar cologne smell. I replaced the awful cap with a beautiful Shalimar cap, turned the bottle around and am using it as a decoration. Maybe I'll use it for a trashcan spray. I'm not a snob, I even like some 99cent knockoffs. But this is truly the worst fragrance.

Update: May be a sloppy dupe for Amour Amour.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

In every whiff, I get these in the following order:
Osmanthus, pineapple, sweetness of srawberry, ylang-ylang. hint of coriander at the very end. It is not listed, but I also detect leather. As time passes, it becomes more woodsy but retains the sweet fruit. I find the juxtaposition of leather/patchouli and sweet fruit interesting. Current offerings are fruity florals. For this reason, woodsy or incense-y scents are also available for non-conformists. An attempt seem to have been made to incorporate both in this perfume. I would imagine someone who is self-assured but not eager to nauseate with benzoin or aldehydes wearing Desirade -- if they can find it. I was lucky enough to see this miniature parfum in an antique store in Cannon Beach along Oregon Coast for $6.

One dab on me,
Sillage: close to skin
Longevity: 2-3 hours

CMJackson
CMJackson

I found Desirade at the Tacoma Airport. I fell in love with it. Apparently it mixes extremely well with my genes. I have had so many compliments on the fragrance, such as "nice," "welcoming," "warm," and "senuous."
When I ask if the fragrance is too strong, the answer has been "No, it is very pleasant." I even had comments from the ladies at the cleaners -- they love the smell of my clothes.
I am very happy to read it is not a fragrance for women in their 20's as most young people (males included) seem to think they should take a bath in their cologne!

lksandal
lksandal

I was disappointed with this fragrance. Like a previous reviewer, I purchased a miniature of this fragrance based on the notes, which described oriental osmanthus. Boy, was I surprised when the scent was actually an overwhelming, sucker-punch to the nose that is reminiscent of senior citizen ladies' bathrooms. It is simply ylang ylang and osmanthus. I do not get any of the other notes mentioned above, not even after several hours of wear. There is nothing unique about this fragrance, other than it makes me feel like I should be sitting pool-side at a country club, ordering an ensure shake. It is a "classic" fragrance, indeed, not meant for ladies in their 20s through their 50s.

CaraMia
CaraMia

Based on the notes, I bought Desirade. It should have been everything I love in an oriental scent and the osmanthus should have made it a dream for me.

Instead, I'm afraid that Desirade is rather a generic affair all vanilla and Ylang Ylang and too much coriander. I was really truly diappointed with this one, thinking I had found an unknown gem. Desirade is not a well known scent and for good reason.

Mediocre

Desirade by Aubusson 4.17 out of 5 based on 19 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aubusson Desirade fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Aubusson Desirade, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Desirade by Aubusson. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Desirade by Aubusson represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.