Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Cafe Noir Ava Luxe for women and men

Cafe Noir Ava Luxe for women and men
dislike

coffee

Cafe Noir is tempting smell of black coffee, smoke, vanilla, spice and woody aromas. Top notes: black coffee, allspice, cardamom and French lavender. Heart: rose, vanilla, mocha, cedar and patchouli. Base: sandalwood, benzoin, and ambrette seed. Cafe Noir was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Serena Ava Franco.

Lavender Cardamom Coffee Pepper

Patchouli Virginia Cedar Vanille Rose

Sandalwood Benzoin Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Café
Sables

Cafe Noir Fragrance Reviews

tonileefiore
tonileefiore

Bought a very generous sample, more or less out of curiosity. I have been attempting (once again) to expand my very limited "go-to," must have fragrance wardrobe. I was recently intrigued by a few mocha-coffee scented body cremes that I purchased for moisturizing, etc. Saw a few reviews about Cafe Noir and thought I'd give it a try.

This is a very interesting and different fragrance with opening notes of coffee, as others have stated but not your fresh brewed cup o' coffee aroma...more of a coffier or a gourmet coffee shop scent. I agree with all comments made prior. The opening coffee note is strong and impressive. The following smoky, floral, spicy, creamy-vanilla and woody notes blast through in a bit of a confusing swirl. My nose did not detect a lot of lavender, normally a note that I can tolerate when mixed with something else-woody or earthy (otherwise, lavender is waaay too medicinal for my tastes). Somehow, it all works out and Cafe Noir is a rather intriguing fragrance.

As stated by others, this is not at all a gourmand scent but a dark, mysterious, smoky, spicy & nutty (like in coffee bean) fragrance. Would I wear this? No. Do I like it? It's okay but something I'd never ever purchase or wear...would rather smell it as a candle or a room fragrance versus a perfume. Just doesn't quite hit the "parfum" mark, IMHO. Not the signature scent I'd prefer to wear.

imposterpockets
imposterpockets

This initially smelled like coffee, but that note faded fast. I never smelled any lavendar. On my skin it because a dense musk.

Not what I was after, but maybe it smells different on other people.

leathermountain
leathermountain

Coffee, yes, but this one is overdosed with vanilla syrup, and the lavender and patchouli think about banding together to balance out the composition but chicken out after an hour. Then it's just too sweet.

mousemousecat
mousemousecat

Was at a loss when Black Vetyver Cafe was discontinued, and set out to look for a scent that smelt like roasted coffee beans instead of sweetened instant coffee.

Got this and wasn't disappointed. A strong aroma of roasted coffee beans together with sharp lavender make it an interesting combo. Deserves much more attention.

I do think it should be called 'Coffee Shop' or 'Barista' though!

ateghipc
ateghipc

There is coffee here, but the lavender and patchouli is incredibly strong. Instead of a cafe vibe I get more of an incense shop vibe. Regardless, the scent is interesting. I was expecting something more unisex, but this appears to lean feminine to me.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee!!!! Finally an absolutely gorgeous coffee scent that lasts and lasts!!! If you enjoy coffee scents...GET A SAMPLE!!! When I first saw the notes I had no idea what lavender was going to do to this scent. Well, it compliments it beautifully. Where New Harlem gets sticky sweet and somehow drops the coffee and becomes pancake syrup, Cafe Noir retains its coffee note beginning to end. It has a sweetness to it to be sure but it never takes over.

The dry down is GORGEOUS!! I think due to the spices, the scent becomes almost smokey. I have pretty much tried most of the scents out there with coffee listed as a note and this is my favorite!!!

Projection and longevity are AWESOME!!!

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

This is seriously gorgeous! It's a very very coffee fragrance. What I love about it is that it starts out as smelling like the most delicious coffee you've ever smelled, then after it turns even more interesting and woodsy. I first got 5 ml extract and now I ordered 15 ml oil. This immediately went on my favorites list, what a gorgeous fragrance, hands down the best coffee fragrance I've ever smelled. I wish they made more than 15 ML bottles, 30 ML would be better.

Ava Luxe shipping takes quite a while, but it's because they make each fragrance to order, I actually love that, because you are getting a fresh bottle each time.

If you love coffee this fragrance is the best!

THEREALJWIL
THEREALJWIL

I will start off by saying if you haven't tried this scent yet and you are a coffee fan......YOU ARE CHEATING YOURSELF !! This is THE most amazing coffee scent period. It has a freshly roasted coffee bean aroma with a nice hint of lavender in the background. The longevity is anywhere between 8-12 hours on my skin! This is beauty in a bottle.......period.
Thank you Serena for such a quality scent!!

antfarm
antfarm

It begins smelling wonderful like a coffee shop, but then it transforms on my skin into the aroma of flea-and-tick pet shampoo

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Okay so the beans have been processed from Ethiopia, the farmers close the bed of the truck. The shipment is now headed to a coffee distributor somewhere in France. The warehouse worker has just left his garden where he was removing weeds from his Patchouli garden. He washes his hands and cleans his face; however, he pulled the weeds from his patchouli garden in his work clothes. He immediately jumps out of his car (he is running late) darts through the warehouse and begins to unload these beans, as he is doing this the big roaster is hard at work getting the beans ready for distrubution. All of these aromas are now in the young man's clothing. On his way out, he is thirsty and needs a pick me up so he grabs a cup of hot steaming coffee and goes over and adds just a two spoonfulls of sugar and a drop of honey for some sweetness.

This my friend is Cafe Noir, raw to roasted dark coffee beans coupled with dirty patchouli with a drop of sweetness (I think amber also) to make it not so earthy. Very earthy, very coffee like, nice pathouli base and a tinge of thick sweetness to soften this whole experience up.

Best on the market. Makes Pure Coffee smell like Instant Sanka!

killerpollo
killerpollo

ok i been looking for a fragrance with a great coffee scent , New haarlem is great but is not really a coffee scent in m eyes , so i bought this one and it does have a really good coffee note in it like dark roast coffee , but theres something else another note that i just didnt like , btw it has great longevity and sillage

cinsot
cinsot

A contemplatively constructed cafe aroma fragrance full of twists and turns.

Sniffing directly from my sample vial I notice the familiar aroma of coffee. Strong sweet and black. Very Impressive. An underlying camel dung breeze wafts in and out repulsing me and delighting me simultaneously. I think this may be the patchouli note.

On my skin Cafe Noir presents as a clean crisp straight up lavender cologne with absolutely no coffee in sight, and the camel has fled the scene (ran off - for now) without a trace also. Very strange.

Someway into the evolution I can detect a subtle coffee note, but the medicinal lavender note kills this for me.

My experience is a hot/cold one, rural plains zoo poop aromas competing with an antiseptic lavender.

As far as testing experiences go, I can say I have enjoyed this one. I am left feeling like I have just washed my hands after patting a camel!

Much fun has been had.

I'm a massive coffee addict. A guilty pleasure of mine is heading to my favourite coffee shop for my mid-morning fix. Cafe Noir gives me that same rush when I wear it. It's an intense olfactory experience.

Cafe Noir opens with that dark, rich and invigorating coffee bean accord that resembles the scent of a busy coffee shop. Spices and syrupy vanilla also top off a rather strong and unique opening.

The glorious richness of this fragrance continues into the heart, where a warm and aromatic blend of lavender, coffee and patchouli play with your senses. I love how the lavender and coffee interact with one another, one being a herb to aid sleep and the other, a substance used to keep one awake.

While I love the coffee accord, it's the woody-spicy blend that seals the deal for me. It gets quite smoky towards the drydown, which I adore as I'm a big fan of the incense-based orientals. It's also something that I could easily call a gourmand.

Cafe Noir lasts an incredibly long time on my skin, and the sillage radiates quite well. I'm so glad to have discovered this little gem. I am really impressed.

libertybelle
libertybelle

Ashy at the opening. But not too offensive. I get the spices which I think lend the smokiness. A tinge of cedar too but still some sweetness like coffee with a little sugar and cream added to it. Drydown continues with the cedar which I'd prefer was a little less apparent since I don't necessarily associate coffee with cedar wood. I think the flowers are a bit lost in the base notes and cedar. I don't find the fragrance sweet in the drydown. Still a bit ashy with that little bit of cedar and earthy patchouli tinged with just a bit of warmth. On low-middle end of like for me. Definately works for either sex.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

I just got a bottle of extrait today. And IT almost honestly made me faint how LOVELY this one smells = like REAL sweet coffee...!! best of all you can get this precious niche-scent for an amazing price directly at ava-luxe.com ($25 for perfume oil, $27 for the extrait, both VERY potent, or $35 for the edp bottle).

"nights of dance clubs and after hours coffee shops ~ the inviting scent of black coffee, smoke, lavender, musks, woods , vanilla and spices. Sensual and dreamy with an exotic sandalwood drydown."

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ava Luxe Cafe Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ava Luxe Cafe Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cafe Noir by Ava Luxe. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cafe Noir by Ava Luxe represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.