Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Aveda Love Aveda for women

Aveda Love Aveda for women
dislike

yellow floral

Aveda Love by Aveda is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women. Aveda Love was launched in 1980. The fragrance features rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang and sandalwood.

Rose Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Sandalwood

Aveda Love Fragrance Reviews

Nicole5678
Nicole5678

A fairly simple woody floral. A little strong at first but dries down into (although it's not listed in the notes) a scent like stargazer lilies. I find that no matter how much I put on, it disappears very, very quickly. Still, it complements other Aveda scents well if you use their other products.

pinkandsatany
pinkandsatany

Smells like pine needles.

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

Well - I am speechless.....I cannot believe that Aveda can sell this product at such a ridiculous price (£22) and call it a 'Pure-fume'! Are you all mad???? I have a small bottle of ylang ylang absolute oil that has a stronger, longer lasting scent that came from Holland & Barratt (or some other health food shop) & cost about £2.00 and that is just about the only thing to this 'pure-fume' - maybe also a little patchouli-like hint - the sometimes minty type of patch you find in some oils. Don't line these peoples pockets with anymore of your hard earned cash just because they have very good marketing team - what a rip off........rant rant rant

sonocele
sonocele

The aveda scent is what they put in their shampure shampoo. I went in there today and asked them to make me a personal scent of the shampure scent and they did just that. I also wanted the rosemary mint scent and they made that as well. I have the love but I would recommend the shampure personal scent . Its heavenly.

pisces3774
pisces3774

This is not the original LOVE by Aveda, the one that came in the globular bottle. This is a distant relative. Aveda lost all of their amazingness and integrity when Lauder bought them around 1997. Boo hiss.

einsof
einsof

the aveda smell is usually Shampure, which you can acquire in the Personal Blends line. although if you know the name of the hairspray, it would ve a very simple task to create it in a perfume or absolute base.

this picture is NOT of the original bottle... which was round and with a black topper.

the formulation changed with the threats to mysore sandalwood and has gone through several manifestations until today's Love.

ask your aveda advisor to show you combinations of personal blends #6 #8 #8 #15 to achieve the "Aveda Scent" you are looking for. that scent depends a lot on what you are using- skin care, hair care, etc.

good luck!

Siv55
Siv55

Insipid vague flowery scent that barely makes it past its own oily base smell. Really not worth bothering with.

peeachediva
peeachediva

I'm not sure if this is 'the' AVEDA scent. I was at one of the AVEDA stores the other day and bought a hairspray that had the most BEEEAUTIFUL scent. It was not in a pressurized bottle, it was more of a spritz really. But it had 'the AVEDA' smell, that I have smelled on so many other people.
Does anyone know if there is an actual PERFUME out there with 'the' aveda smell?

I was told that the hairspray I bought was the original Aveda scent. Does anyone know if there is just a perfumed oil that would have it and what it would have in it?
I could have sworn that I saw one of the fragrance oil sites that copy designer perfumes had it, now I absolutely KICK myself for not haveing purchased the oil. It was a totally low risk price at about THREE DOLLARS. DANG!!!!
If anyone knows of anything please let me know. I'll see if I can get any decent important info that might help. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Aveda Love by Aveda 3.97 out of 5 based on 35 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aveda Aveda Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Aveda Aveda Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aveda Love by Aveda. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aveda Love by Aveda represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.