Designers » A » Aromatic Fruity « Groups

60's Mod Avon for women

60's Mod Avon for women
dislike

ozonic

60's Mod was presented in April 2009 as an accentuated mixture of plum with pepper, violet leaves and sensual blond wood. The fragrance can be found as 50 ml EDT (1.7 oz) in Avon catalogs.

Plum Black Pepper

Freesia Violet Leaf

Patchouli Cashmere Wood

City Rush for Her
Sideris

60's Mod Fragrance Reviews

lolitajade
lolitajade

Blind bought as wanted it to smell of the swinging sixties.

Smelt like CK Euphoria on dry down, which is lovely and I already have.

Euphoria doesn't conger up a swinging sixties scent to me either. :)

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

I am just now trying this for the first time after making a blind buy last week. This is what I expected SheWood to smell like!!! I am very glad that it doesn't contain any iso-e super because I cannot smell that, that that is what ruined SheWood for me.

And since colognes never last for any length of time on me, I am also purchasing the matching body lotion with the hope of increasing the duration of the scent.

But, so far, so good!!! And cheaply too!

chroma
chroma

I impulsively bought this from a very nice Avon gentleman at a swap meet because I loved the 60's themed packaging. I have to agree with everything good said here; there was none of the "powdery" smell you find with so many fragrances (maybe it's just the perfumes, as opposed to colognes?), and it lasts and lasts and changes nicely. Funny about the name change, although in the US "pop" is also used as a verb, and it's the perfect word to describe what this fragrance does.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

It was a good purchase at a discount from Avon.com It isn't a male cologne but it is masculine/unisex from what I can smell. I was pleased it works with my chemistry and has been described as sporty. I like the strong pepper scent.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This has a nice smell! I am pleasantly surprised. Yes it almost smells unisex, I dont know why its called 60's pop i dont see the relation between that era and the scent but this smells kinda like if you were roasting a fig in the woods where a few flowers were blooming. This smells like a few more expensive fragrances out there that i have sampled in magazines, its not a sweet smell but its not sour or bitter. I think almost anyone would like this. The problem is just like 99% of avon fragrances the scent is gone in a hour...This scent can be worn day or night, and buy a guy or a girl. If it were made with better ingredients that would ensure it lasted longer, this would be a real winner!

This is a nice, "creamy" blend, not too sweet, no iso e super (AFAICT), etc. It's not a "synthetic blob" and it's got good projection ("sillage") for at least a few hours. Don't expect to smell the notes clearly and distinctly, but the good thing about that is none of these notes will likely bother you (if you are sensitive to them). After a few hours the strong creamy quality subsides substantially and a light violet leaf oriented fragrance emerges. This may be marketed to women but to me it's unisex. An excellent budget "casual" scent!

Note that in the USA this is called 60s Pop.

nananessa
nananessa

This one sounds interesting...AND IT IS ON SALE IN THE OUTLET SECTION OF AVON.COM FOR $3.99 PER BOTTLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!!!

mayazakiyaa
mayazakiyaa

Totally unexpected... smells like a quality fragrance rather than the six dollars i paid for it on clearance. Really like it, and find myself reaching for it on the weekend when i'm running out to the gym, errands, etc. No regrets..it works.

nena18sept
nena18sept

this is for men!!! it's a cologne... =( it was a blind purchase, i actually got it because it was on sale i only paid 6 dlls for it and well you know what they say "you get what you pay for"..i didn't like it at all however i decided to give it a try and i worn it only once at work, and of couse my co-workers kept telling me "hey, you smell like dude"... omg =/
i'm soo disappointed

acv43
acv43

Such a nice perfume considering it only cost me $6. Very plummy but not fresh juicy plum, more like dried plums ( i guess that would make it pruney) mixed with light woody notes and a smidgen of pepper- i don't know if my review is making it sound very appealing but it actually is quite nice.
change those prune notes to fresh plum and i think this one is very similar to versace versus, in fact i sprayed both on each arm and they are pretty close- although the avon perfume actually has better longevity on me!!

nice cheap but pretty fragrance :)

For being an inexpensive perfume, 60's Mod is not bad at all! It definitely beats out just about all celebrity perfumes. I smell lots of woods and a touch of pepper. Fruit is so subtle that it's barely noticeable. The perfume is rich and distinctive. Could be worn by men very easily, but certainly not overly masculine for a woman. I actually think it smells like an expensive niche.

hannie5
hannie5

I actually gave this one to my husband because it really mixes with his chemistry better. Too bad because I really wanted it to work for me, but sadly, no. But I am really glad he enjoys it!

babylima
babylima

the first avon perfume ive ever tried smelling, so much better than expected i must admit! it doesnt smell cheap at all, its very good for its price.

jazzallil
jazzallil

I love this one from the first sniff.So fresh,spicy,sexy,"acrid" (i don't know the right word in english) and little bit masculine at the same time. First it smells peppery on my skin,but then it turns into a softly sweet,woody scent. For me it's an autumn perfume,reminds me of the falling leaves,chilly mornings,wild berries bitten by the frost.So shame,that it has been discountinued in my country :(

kasiagrygny
kasiagrygny

This has become my Favorite! It smells SOOOO good everyone compliments me. Its sexy, a bit peppery and woody and fruity but AMAZING!

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

Love this. I get a burst of juicy plum and pepper to start. Just barely sweet, just the perfect amount of fruitiness. Fairly soon, the plum dies down and I get nothing but serious pepper for while, with maybe the slightest undertone of woods as it dies down. It's pretty fantastic. I agree with the people who would say this could be unisex, I'd like to smell this on a man just to see what it's like.
Oh, the staying power, as people have noted, isn't very good at at all- on skin. I can, however, smell it on my clothes all day.

Gyöngy
Gyöngy

I can feel only violet leaf and a little bit plum. But it's not an ordinary EDT, I have never met fragrance like this! Ideal for teenegers and young women up to 25. Please Avon, bring it back!!!

Woodelf
Woodelf

I bought this for myself, but found the patchouli, woods and musk too strong and masculine for me, so I gave this to my husband. May I just say that it smells wonderful on him? Slightly sweet, peppery, musky... I like this on him better than some of the more expensive men's colognes that I've purchased for him.

Liina
Liina

60's Mod has the best plum note I have ever smelled in a perfume. It's so delicous with the cocoa beans.
It's another gorgeous fragrance from Avon that has been discontinued. I love the top notes of it but the base is a little too masculine for me because of the patchouli and the woods. 6
0's Mod kind of a reminds me of Believe by Britney Spears which has the same character. It's juicy and delicous but at the same time also deep and sexy.

suile
suile

This did conjure up the 60s for me, as in stumbling around Biba's, Kensington High Street, more or less a pitch dark shop, trying to buy Mary Quant makeup. This fragrance is reminiscent of how that store used to smell. Didn't love it as much as 50s Glam, however.

i like the pepper in this a lot. it adds to make it such a unique perfume. this actually reminds me faintly of demeter gingerale,(at first). then i smell whiskey. its not sweet, and its kind of masculine. spicy, boozey and different. i like it a lot. lasting power is not great, but i like reapplying this. i like the first spray all the way to the dry down.

fanciful
fanciful

Actual notes:

TOP: pepper, red berries, plum, cocoa beans
MIDDLE: freesia, violet leaves, orris
BASE: cashmere wood, patchouli, musk

emi
emi

Very, very nice one.I've loved it from the firs sniff. What I can smell is plum, a hint of chocolate and wood. I feel really great when I wear it. For me it's a little bit gourmand, like some kind of gingerbread and a little similar to Sensuous Noir by EL. Well, the only disadvantage of it is its not quite good longevity. But on the other hand what should I expect from edt?

15.02.2011
I must edit my review because 60's Mod lasting power is not as bad as I thought. Actually it is very , very good.

kerini
kerini

This one is fantastic!
Pepper and plum balance each other beautifully until the violet leaf and patchouli set in after about an hour. They all mingle into a spicy fruity earthy rich dark sensual scent - that's my favourite part. After a while the leaves hold the upper hand with a soft peppery note still in the background. Hours later the plum makes a comeback and slowly the leaves makes way for soft woods. I don't get a lot of wood from 60s Mod until the very end. It's there but it doesn't really shine until the other notes have completely vanished.
The fragrance lasts about 10-11 hours on me.
I have to agree with the other reviews that it's a unisex, I think it could work well for a man.

perfumegirl
perfumegirl

i hear this one has been discontinued ?i like this perfume but too strong for me really not really well suited to this perfume ...

I have a friend who is an Avon rep in the UK, and she told me this is the British name, we 'yanks' call it 60's Pop! I actually bought this before I had The Beat by Burberry, hoping it would be similar-having violet and pepper and wood-it's not. What it is though, is fantastic!

This opens beautifully with a stunning plum note, light and juicy, that smells like someone stuck peppercorns all through it! Fruity and spicy, different. As ths violet note appears, I am in love! The blonde wood mentioned in the notes is most likely ashwood, as it smells very similar to the woody note in Brit Sheer. This is a super sheer spicy-woody fruity-floral. It begins with a feminine feel then as the pepper and wood enter the mix you realise anyone who wants to smell groovy can wear this. This is another notch in Avon's belt, a great "hip", very metrosexual release that shows they are more than they used to be and are keeping with the times...

Sillage: decent (better w/lotion)
Longevity: good
Overall: 4/5

I expected from the name that this would be a patchouli/sandalwood/ incense nightmare, but it is definitely something a tree-hugging free-lovin' hippy type would totally dig...I do!!
Peace

JASAvonRep
JASAvonRep

This is actually now called 60's POP, not Mod! It is still available through Avon and when I first got it after reading the reviews from Avon Customers, I fell in love. I mention this as Guest JAS on the page for Extraordinary by Avon. It's a beautiful scent and literally took me back to my childhood.

I use this often and plan on getting a couple more bottles before Avon decides to discontinue this as they do with so many of their fragrances.

The Bottle Design has not changed, just the name from mod to pop!

guest_Nana
guest_Nana

I like this smell, it changes on my skin! First, looks like "212" Sexy"... But few minutes later, it changes completely... And I have to agree with the other people: the fragrance looks totally unisex!

Diegof7
Diegof7

I love it !!
é um perfume bastante sensual
tipo um amadeirado ambarado
não é tão feminino dá pra sentir
as notas de pimenta e ameixa acho
que ele também possui labdano,
baunilha, musk evetiver.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I agree with poppy, VERY unisex and I just love it. I wouldn't wear this to a wedding, but to the local coffee shop and for myself YES! I think I'm starting to like pepper scents.

Edit: I just have to make known that I have worn this to bed, one squirt, and it's still quit strong on my arm. My clothing doesn't smell of it, but it's quit noticeable on my skin. Still, it's a bit masculine, but not enough to appear as a man's cologne. I've sprayed more often than not, fragrances that aren't this strong on my skin after an hour, truthfully. What lasts on some may not last on others I realize, but there's a chance for great longevity! Still so happy I have this, and the backup bottle.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Smells like a messy musky mans' fragrance on me.. One big thumbs down. I got it from a friend, so I feel bad saying all that, but maybe I'll be able to find someone who can appreciate this scent more than me.

hannah18
hannah18

This is a bold mixture of plum notes, black pepper and cocoa as top notes, freesia and violet leafs as middle notes, plus sensual patchouli and woody essences at the base. It is spicy and woody, but I can definitely get the cocoa. In the first minutes, the fragrance is daring and loud, but after some time on my skin, it turns warm, creamy and smokey. The staying power is average and the price is okay.

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

This fragarnce is just as described by avon and the other reviewers here...the plums the pepper the woods...what surprised me though was how unisex this fragarnce smells!...both women and men could easily wear this ...avon and avon mark have really been surprising me lately with their fragrances.

girlsrideharleys2
girlsrideharleys2

I didnt mind this scent when I first tried it. The more and more I smelled it on my wrist I knew I had smelled it before. To me, this smells alot like Ghost'Deep Night'. Maybe it's just me?

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I was anxious to see how the plum would perform in this one. I like some fragrances with plum (Cabotine, Amarige), and have had bad experiences with others (Secret Obsession).

Thankfully, the plum in this one is quite subtle. There's a soft, sweet hint of it in the beginning, but the tart violet leaf nicely balances it and keeps it from being too sweet.

The pepper and woods are the dominant players in this scent. I was very surprised by that. It's called "60's Mod" but it is truly just a modern scent that I woudln't necessarily associate with the 60's. Smells very contemporary and could even be unisex. It's not a fruity floral. Spicy Woods is probably a better classification. The scent brings to mind other woody perfumes like Gucci Gucci or even Ava Luxe Midnight Violet, though it's less gothic than that one.

The sample didn't last as long on my skin as I would have liked, but this is a very affordable scent and I wouldn't feel guilty about spritzing it on again a few hours later. Two thumbs up!

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

60's Mod (60's Pop here in America) opens with a fruity, spicy/peppery, and juicy sweetness. I like fragrances with plum, and the plum is evident. For me it dries down with pepper and woods that dominate the most, w/ a hint of fruitiness lingering. There's enough woods and spice that makes it feel a tad masculine. This is an up-beat fragrance for me, especially in the beginning.

60's Mod by Avon 3.61 out of 5 based on 109 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon 60's Mod fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon 60's Mod, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 60's Mod by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 60's Mod by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.