Designers » A » Aromatic « Groups

Christian Lacroix Absynthe Avon for women

Christian Lacroix Absynthe Avon for women
dislike

bitter
Christian Lacroix Absynthe Avon for women Pictures Christian Lacroix Absynthe Avon for women Pictures Christian Lacroix Absynthe Avon for women Pictures Christian Lacroix Absynthe Avon for women Pictures

After the house of Avon and Christian Lacroix cooperated successfully in presentation and sales of perfumes Rouge and Noir in 2007, another fragrant novelty named Absynthe arrived on the market in 2009.

Perfume for women Absynthe arrives in the same bottle as Rouge, but is coloured in green nuances. Its composition incorporates anise and artemisia, as well as intoxicating aromas of orchid and freesia, with intensive woody accords, myrrh and musk. The bottle contains 50 ml of this beautiful EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent Le Guernec.

Wormwood Freesia Anise

Orchid Narcissus Saffron Artemisia

Woodsy Notes Myrhh Amber Ebony Wood

Paloma Picasso

Christian Lacroix Absynthe Fragrance Reviews

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Absynthe was discontinued only a few months ago in Poland so I believe it's still available in some places. You can still order Rouge and Nuit though.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

No, Militza, these are long discontinued in the US.

Militza
Militza

Can people still order these first Avon Christian LaCroix fragrances from their Avon lady? Did they continue them? Anyone know?

almarie
almarie

I remember viewing this fragrance in the Avon catalog back in 2009 with my mom while she was in the hospital during dialysis and she was half awake/half sleeping while I showed her the current campaign catalog for that time period and she said it smelled good. It was the scratch and sniff pages in the catalog and I agreed. I never bought the fragrance, but now 5 years almost as she passed I think I will try to buy it off eBay if I can as a nostalgic reminder of her presence:)

Mangocat
Mangocat

A mysterious blend of smoky bottom notes of sandalwood, incense, slightly bitter. Top note green and slightly floral. After awhile it smells simply like oriental incense when it melds into your skin...I love it!!

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

I wanted this to be deeper and more risky. It's nice. Safe. Dull. Very disappointed.

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

Quite fresh although not as strong as I expected. Non offensive. I bought it in miniature to try and wouldn't buy the full bottle.

Levana
Levana

I have to say i wasn't that amazed when i first tried it out.
according to the the looks of the bottle and name, i tought it wouldn't have a such a dull and casual scent.
now i don't know if its the name that influences me, but does anyone else sence a bit of anise swimming there in the perfumes DNA?
I kinda like that, but it would have been nice if this note came out more to the front of the fragrance.

iowagirl301
iowagirl301

Wow I'm really liking this one, especially right now for the winter season. I'd almost forgot about this one & I just decided to pull it out, I'm definitely going to be using more of this one.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

First of all, I adore woodsy, spicy, floral. I am a huge oriental frag freak of greens, warms and in betweens.

After reading so many great reviews on this I did a blind buy and am sorry to say I am so disappointed. I do have a slight cold with nasal stuffiness right now so am hoping that is the problem, though that has never quite affected me much before.

As for right now, Absynthe is a nice fragrance and that's all. I detect the sweet myrrh and moss which is a combo I usually adore and it does smell pretty, non offensive, not too much of anything. That is exactly the problem I am having with it. It is boring, common, and rather flat. As hard as I try to detect anything particularly special it's just not there on me and I am dying to love it as I purchased more than a sample. I cannot find the love. It is an all too common light tea type fragrance painfully weak and pale compared to my preferred vintage Avon faves and other scents. I realize this is not a vintage and it shows (smells) very light, watery with no mystery, intrigue, surprise unfoldingings as it wears. I am happy for those who detect something wonderfully different, but this is one I can do without for the discontinued price. It is one I could do without if it were a five and dime at this point. I will give this another try and hopefully it will shine through for me. If so, I will update. *feeling let down*

EDIT - Post nasal stuffiness - A beautiful, sunny burst quite pretty at first opening, lasts about 20 minutes max and am right back down to almost nothing. Have to press nose to wrist to detect an extremely weak mossy/woodsy smell. If it dried down to this with much more sillage and longevity, I would love it. For the current price, I can do better and cannot appreciate the cheap, watered down quality of this frag though LeCroix did a lovely job of it. Not enough bang for my buck compared to millions of scents in this same category.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Green oriental and floral. I prefer rouge. This one is more for middle aged women it has a classy green sscent. I have this fragrance but i rarely wear it is quite overpowering as there is too much green in it for me. Its a clean scent.

Lala2013
Lala2013

Fabulous.Distinctive perfume.
I wore this recently on a very wet weekend away in Bruges and it was so fitting. Its smoky,woody, warm yet very earthy, it seemed to meld into what are all the good smells that you associate with after the rain.
Maybe its the beloved mix of woods.It has more of a mossy, woodsy vibe than green in my opinion.
But the real beauty is its an evening fragrance also, it has an effect on my nose like Midnight poison,or sensuous Noir - a type of dusty,deep noir vibe thats very addictive and alluring.I consider it a gem.

MsDana
MsDana

This is an amazing scent from Avon, I am most impressed. I plan on wearing this in the Fall.

I wouldn't say this to be a green perfume so much, it is very spicy!
And Ioove it!

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

It is amazing to me how scents can conjure up a memory that your conscious mind has forgotten about. This scent brought me right back to a moment in my life that probably changed my entire perspective about love/loss.

I was nursing a broken heart, the kind of pain that leaves a life-long scar. I needed solace. I needed comforting. I needed a road trip. I got into the car and drove south without a plan. I ended up in a tiny town in the Mexican riviera. It was a warm summer night under a full moon, and I sat on the edge of the pier with my heavy heart, to dip my feet into the water. For the first time in my life, I saw plankton that was phosphorescent. It literally glowed when I moved my feet through the water. It made me laugh and cry at the same time because it was so beautiful and mysterious. It really seemed to be a message just for me about seeing light in the midst of darkness. In that moment, I remembered that the universe really is BEAUTIFUL, and I really am LOVED, broken heart and all, and all I needed to do was open my eyes and see all the beauty and light around me. That is the first thing I thought of when I wore this scent today. It's like a light phosphorescent green on a lacey pattern.

I wore this scent for the first time today. It seemed to be the perfect match for a greenish paisley Trina Turk dress. WOW!! I am so in love with this scent!! I already want to buy another bottle before I run out!! I've always thought of Christian Lacroix as the master of lace, but I never imagined that he could create another lace masterpiece in a fragrance!!! It's light, intricate, intriguing, mysterious, sexy, phosphorescent and hopeful.

MMC

Agora recebi a garrafa de 50ml,linda,pesada uma joia.Pretendo pedir mais dois por que é o tipo de fragrancia que se gosta mais e mais.Fixa muito bem,perfume marcante doce na medida certa.

esther12234
esther12234

I use it , spritz onto my scarf . This perfume contain natural oak moss , it's wrotten on box. Oak moss was forbidden by IFRA because of skin allergy .
This fragrance unique , unusual and may compliments when I wear it .
Incredible long lasting ,perhaps bec of oak moss .

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

I wish I could experience what everyone else seems to be experiencing with this fragrance… 10 minutes tops and it's gone.

xabaras
xabaras

Absynthe is incredibly woody and pleasant. The floral notes are pleasant and almost not detectable on my skin. What I can clearly smell is the star anise with its aromatic note and the sweet spiciness of the saffron perfectly balanced by the lovely, delicious woody notes. It is an elegant and beautiful fragrance. Quite a discovery.

MMC

Eu agora estou apaixonada por ABSYNTHE é unico,intrigante e tem uma fixação maravilhosa.Tenho medo da avon descontinuar,como sempre faz com as fragrancias.Espero adquirir uns dois para guardar.Cheiro seco e um pouco doce, muito bom.

kfleumer
kfleumer

This is a nice, classy fragrance, that could have done better still. She seemed promising looking at the very positive remarks here, but to me stands up to them only partially. There are two great plusses to begin with: the price and the looks. I got a 50 ml bottle for roundabout £ 12,= from an online store in the UK. Bottle design sober and beautiful. But then, what it's all about... no anise to begin with, or anything licorishy, elas! Would have liked to be greeted with a tang of boozy wickedness. Didn't many lovely fin-du-siecle ladies loose their youth and beauty on this snake coloured liquid? No glimps of that peril here. Just lots of to me quite undiscernable flowers on a bed of elegant subdued sweetness, that unfolds quite linear, strong, not playful, without much surprises, with a hint of bitterness what could apply for the honour of making it a bit out of the ordinary, but the chique, self-assured flowery presence washes all over that modest outbreak of personality and turns it anonymous again. Being inoffensive and elegant is a good achievement though. So if you're interested in that, for the price you can't go wrong.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I was lucky enough to get a handful of samples from an Avon representative back in 2007, and used them up fairly quickly.Sadly, when I decided to buy the scent, it was no longer available!
This really does smell a great deal like absinthe, but not as "boozy", of course! I wish Avon would bring it back (NOT reformulated, please!), because it's such a sensual, edgy, and sophisticated fragrance. Like the liquor itself, you "love it or hate it".

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is a great offering from Avon, much "classier" than their usual big fruits and florals. It is slightly bitter from the wormwood but sweet at the same time from the delicate florals. I can't get any anise in this, for which I am thankful, as I do not like it at all. The woodsy notes are also quite prominent. Even the myrrh in this is so well blended that it didn't make me feel sick, and it is a note that I often have terrible trouble with. This can easily be a unisex perfume. The longevity is impressive, 5 hours and counting, and the sillage has stayed prominently at arm's length for that whole time.

This would be a very pretty bottle to display - I only had a sample, for which I thank Vie Cafe. I don't think, though, that I like it enough to want to own it, only because I'm really trying to make an effort not to buy anything unless I completely fall in love with it. This is just a temporary crush which has briefly turned my head.

aprilie
aprilie

This is inspiring. I find it outstandingly elegant, in a clasic way, and at the same time unique. It's amazing, because floral perfumes are the standard for elegance and feminity, and this one does it just as good, if not better. This has something more, like the glint in someone's eyes when they have an ideea. It's the sharpness, if I can call it that, of the star anise that makes it feel so powerfull. And it also is the reason why I think this isn't something to wear everyday.

But I love it and I think everyone should have a perfume like Absynthe, for special ocassions, when you want to give your life a color a little different from that which it has normally. As I have said, it is inspiring.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

This is nice but I wouldn't buy it again. I prefer the rouge version. It is a smooth green scent, flowery too, very aromatic.

panda0410
panda0410

Ok, so Ive *finally* acquired a bottle of this, had to source from UK, and Im really pleased. Better than pleased in fact, this perfume is unique and Im pleased I took the plunge. It does have green nuances like SJP Covet, but the perfumes have very little else in common. Covet is very green, cool, lush and "wet", Absynthe is far warmer, much less green and a great deal more woody. I think the wormwood has a much greater projection than the star anise which is fleeting and difficult to detect as a single note, and the wormwood certainly adds to the warmth that this fragrance exhibits, it also adds a slightly bitter note that adds to the complexity of the fragrance. Add the woodsy notes and myrhh and you have the perfect subtle oriental fragrance for autumn. Narcissus keeps it slighty green and fresh, the orchid is notable too and the florals balance the woods nicely. Sillage is average to low, longevity average - both could have been better. This perfume is far from linear though, and additionally I've appreciated the niche quality in this Avon scent, not quite what most people would be expecting from this house ;) Its certainly a winner!!

Kreeith12
Kreeith12

Well i think that its more of a soft scent, its more classy too. I listed it as having it because i have samples... It might not be in the bottle but it is still the perfume :)...If you want a soft scent this is the one but this is only my thoughts.. so ya :).

fotoula
fotoula

its wonderful star anise first impression makes it unusual for a woman's scent.i could sense the herbal hint of wormwood (artemisia absinthi) at once and i got its weirdly hypnotic feeling! fresia notes give this mixture a sweet background and dry wood notes plus the bitterness of myrrh makes it mysteriously sexy! i believe it develops better when warm so i sprayed it on my wet hair,blow dried it and wow...all the symphony of its notes came into life so nicely! a unique infusion!

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

This is lovely! A blind buy because I wanted to build a collection of Christian Lacroix,and I am not disappointed. On first spray it smells slightly herbal and I can detect the orchid and floral notes quite strongly,with a hint of anise. As it develops it becomes softer and sweeter with the woody notes starting to come out,followed by the musk and amber. I have now bought several bottles as it had been listed as discontinued...not sure if this is still the case after reading something on here-still glad I stocked up though,so I can wear it instead of hoarding it :-)

bobkat

Finally! Avon UK have it in the new catalogue, after months of no show....but on Get it while you can...meaning they are stopping selling it.....Boo Hooo! Will be buying multiple bottles to keep this wonderful juice on the go in my perfume wardrobe...love it!

lat
lat

Well, there's not much to say about this one, I'm afraid.
I got a sample of this with my recent purchase and I absolutely loved it from the vial and applied it happily on my wrist. The smell was bittersweet and projecting nicely. For about 40 minutes and then it was gone. I have my nose buried in my wrist and can smell nothing. Smells like clean skin washed with a simple bar of soap.
This is very puzzling as the notes listed are those that usually end up being cloying on my skin, yet I can smell nothing with this one. Pretty scent but doesn't work for me.

Regina Weaver
Regina Weaver

It's time I changed my perfume to suit the season. It's perfect for gloomy autumn days heading towards wintertime. Absynthe is an expensive looking, unique, by far not typical Avon scent with soft warm accords in a beautifully designed green bottle. Somehow it slightly reminds me of strong black tea aroma flavoured with rich spices. The flowers balance out green and woody notes, though.And yes, it's addictive.

Thiago Alves
Thiago Alves

the best Avon's perfum EVER, smells so chic and addictive

pinky212vip
pinky212vip

I tried this perfume long ago when it came to my place and I just have to comment on how good it was. Woody, smoky and warm,it smells almost like how arabian oud perfume would on my skin, which I fall in love so much with it. That hint of floral lingers at first when sprayed but it gets woodsy and warm as it settles on my skin and better yet ever lasting on a hot day and honestly, I never enjoyed oud smelling perfume until I tried this one. It's not sickening, it's not boring, a bit on a complex side but, I'm not sure if it worked on everyone.

cloibne
cloibne

This smells to me like my friend's old worn-in leather riding boots that had been sitting in the mud room all season, the wet autumn leaves and dirt that had been on them having dried considerably, releasing a bit of their subtle musty mildewiness of forest decay.

This is not necessarily a bad thing,there is also a smell of the old spice canisters I would find in the back of Mother's pantry, with stale star anise in them.

At first, there is a quietly noticable,bightingly acrid florid note but it quickly absorbs on my fatty but dry skin.

I find that when I just spritz the atomizer into my undergarment, lay a drop of water on top and rub it in, it is better. On my skin, it gets too strong- definitely not for close quarters or heat.
When I first got it, I spritzed it in my clean sheets before going to sleep that cool,crisp night and it was nice.When I woke, the muskiness had set it's self and the sheets carried a slight whif of it which faded little by little until I changed them a few days later but it never went away. On my skin that day, it did not leave, even after two showers.

I find that if i put one drop of it on one side of my undergarment and something sweeter and sharper like Ici seperate from it , they don't make a yucky muddled smell but two smells wafting seperately and the sharper,fruitier smell helps compliment Absynthe greatly.

I tried spraying it in my unlined leather jacket and it was interesting, I'm not sure if I like it.
I recommend using it with an eau or toilet water spray of lemon.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I am interested in obtaining this fragrance. If someone has a bottle they would be interested in trading, please PM me--I have a few in my list I'd be happy to trade.

jesslee
jesslee

I'm wearing my Absynthe today and I cannot seem to stop smelling my wrists and the lovely fragrance is calming and warm. This is a deep, woodsy fragrance that settles nicely on my skin. Lasting power is average, but better than most Avon frags. And, the bottle is simply outstanding. Beautiful in color and shape. Absynthe is an unusual delight!

sarugli
sarugli

This is nice, but i'm not that excited about it, wouldn't buy it again. It's much better than nuit, which i found terrible!

samlw68
samlw68

Not very keen on this one.

Baby Dior
Baby Dior

Este perfume es perfecto si eres de las que llaman la atencion lo digo por experiencia cuando lo usaba ( todavia me quedan como 10 ml o mas pero donde vivo AVON ya no lo saca) asi que lo guardo como oro porque huele como ha especias yo soy muy extrema o especiado o dulce lo adoro porque a un amigo que fallecio le encantaba y la gente se voltea a verme cuando lo uso solo no absen de el es muy potente solo dos dosis y listo tienen para mucho es muy duradero en mi

This perfume is perfect if you are grabbing the attention I speak from experience when I used it (I still remain as 10 ml or more but where I live no longer takes AVON) so I keep it like gold because it smells like I am has spices extreme or very spicy or sweet love it because a friend who died loved and people look at me when I use it not only absentee from the very powerful and only two doses are ready for a lot is very durable in my

shireenjoseph
shireenjoseph

Its really a very nice strong perfume and lasts for more than 6 hours!!! But I'm afraid that its not for me. Sadly, I have a full bottle and I'm wondering how to finish it! The bottle is beautiful like its housing a mysterious potion. The scent is hypnotic!

Anajuli

I thought it was going to be something like magical because of its name. Well, I think it has nothing to do with a "green fairy". It's a quite heavy scent. It has a very good lasting power, though.

paleface
paleface

This is sweet but with a twist. Spices give it depth and a beautiful woody-musky base just make you sniff your wrist all day long.

Amazing thing is, that a couple of months ago I found a perfume which reminds Absynthe a lot: Fashion by Bottega Verde (Italia), not listed here in Fragrantica. And even more amazing, there are not too many common notes - and still they do have the same vibe, at least on my skin. Both have spices, different but anyway, both have a musk-amber base but that's it. Fashion is tangier (apple?) and also more linear, but boy, do they share their destiny in youth! Only when they get older they take different paths - that happens often in life - still keeping contact every now and then.

Absynthe moves smoothly and stylishly towards woodier direction while Fashion keeps (stubbornly refusing to get older) it's fruity-musky note to the end.

What I am trying to say is that if you don't find Absynthe anymore, you could try Fashion. It is cheap but smells heavenly and very natural, no synthetic ingredients to my nose. But if you still find Absynthe, you have a privilege to enjoy this wonderful woody construction and even woodier foundation one doesn't easily detect anywhere.

I thank and bow, Mr. Laurent Le Guernec!

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I have to say I sampled this expecting to hate it with a passion, as I hated Lacroix's Rouge.

This fragrance is actually really nicely done. On my skin I get orchid, saffron, myrrh, woody notes and just enough anise to give it a refreshing, powdery, woodsy spicy tone. I've never smelled a fragrance so far that smells similiar to this one.

I really like the color of the bottle too, it just reminds me of the forest and of fantasy woodland creatures.

Overall, I really like this one, cannot say that I'm in love with it. Though, this one is so unique that I am probably going to reach for it much more than I think. This is a fragrance you could wear for any occasion or in any season.

The only bad thing about Absynthe is that the lasting power (at least on my skin) is very fleeting perhaps 1 hour on me. At least it's inexpensive enough to spray on liberally or to touch up during the day.

PávelHenry

I bought a new flask of Absynthe EDP, and I noticed that they changed de formula...where is that sharpness and sour touch? D:
A pity :/ I'll change to fabulous Absynthe for Men.

*Edit: the staying power is absolutely amazing *u*

Helena732012
Helena732012

Its one of the best Lacroix for Avon.Very sesnsual,warm and seductive.Lots of friends asked me which parfume is it...
I sad...Absynthe..Avon..
Avon? and so good?
Its true!!!

Napper216
Napper216

I really wanted to like this as I had a little obsession with absinthe a while back... but on me it honestly just smelt like pine toilet cleaner. I wish I were joking. It was great on my mum, however - really elegant, warm and woody-green.

I think this seems to be better suited to older women (I want to say 35+, despite the fact that I don't think fragrance should be restricted by gender or age).

Jellybean
Jellybean

1st impression spritz:
cloying
grown up
somewhat powdery......
gets better with drydown> anise and flower notes emerge keeping the fresh-sweet feel to it. fresher and herbier mid way thru:)
small amounts of soft musk and amber.
overall strongest notes are anise and orchid.
It doesn't quite smell like an actual absinthe liquor, but rather as faint trail of it and florals added.
Lastage 4ish hours.
Conclusion: grown up perfume, too sweet and not sure if I like it enough to wear it......we'll see...

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

I really want to love this one. It has possibility except there is some floral note that I call a "choker."
I have tried wearing it in different amount and that choker thing is always there. Vampire by Parfums de Coeure also has a "choker" in it. I compared notes and nothing matches up. Would anyone know what those notes are?

I will try Absythe again during a different season, maybe spring or summer and give it another try. Maybe that will work better.

Otherwise, its a good perfume.

avonman
avonman

The only thing I can possibly add to all the fascinating reviews that have already been posted is that when I found out that AVON U.S. was discontinuing this masterpiece, that I bought 8 more bottles(already having 2) That's says a lot about a fragrance!!

midge_91
midge_91

great scent for a night out!!! sexy and misterious in my opinion!!

Winter Peyroux
Winter Peyroux

A classic for a reason. Gives an intriguing absinthe smell without an alcoholic undertone. Very woodsy with a sweetness to it.

ArsAnima
ArsAnima

I was absolutely bewitched by this perfume. I must admit it was a blind buy and my decision was based mostly on reading about the notes it incorporated and also (yes, silly me)... the pictures, for i do believe that the images are the first one which carry the message about the perfume( most of the times, they are the ones that draw us to even want to sniff, therefore, they must reflect the olfactory segment the perfume emerges from ).
Consequently, I expected something a bit greener and lighter, yet i encountered a completely different smell. Heavier, not in a headache inducing way, but in the sense of a more pointed personality. Yes, this perfume has personality! When first applied, it intoxicates you with a merge of smoky, green-ish( not leafy, summer-y, but a more mature type of green ) scents, with just a touch of sweetness, to make it more feminine. Sweet intoxication, I must say.
I feel something dark and, thus, alluring in it, even in the way it evaporates. It somehow allows the flowery scents to take the stage, yet maintaining that smoky note.
As far as the lasting power is concerned, it is noticeable even the next day ( considering you put it on during the evening, before going out ), but, of course, less powerful.
I also sense it as a winter scent, the coldness accentuates perfectly the distinctiveness of this perfume.
As a conclusion, I recommend it for the ladies who want to play a bit with their gloomy side and renew the mistery they are.

bobkat

I first knew of this fragrance when a work collegue drifted by with this gorgeous scent enveloping her. Asked what it was and was mildly alarmed to find it was Avon......went on E-Bay and got some samples.....smelled lovely, but no staying power. Returned to E-Bay and got a full sized bottle BNIB...love it! Have never had so many comments from people (in supermarkets, at my workplace etc) that it smells gorgeous..and lasts on clothes even when washed..this scent will get you noticed in a good way, not had a bad reaction yet to its sumptuous green, woody spice smell..its delicious!

daliflora
daliflora

Very special and alluring, though for modern tastes, since its intriguing composition does not seem to be made in a classic vein. Like other reviewers here, I too am not a fan of most Avon frags, yet I can appreciate they made something first-rate with Rouge and Absynthe by Christian Lacroix. Even if this is not my coup of tea, I believe it may fit very well some ladies: perhaps those enjoying other woody perfumes like She wood can delight in wearing this too.

Takhaet
Takhaet

very mysterious... Wearing it I can imagine a dark forest somewhere far far away...same fairytale land maybe?...... Fulfilled with magic, mystery , fairies and other creatures :-)

There is definitely something about this fragrance.
The only thing I do not like about it is longevity - on me up to 5-6 hours.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I bought this perfume on Ebay because I loved the bottle and the colour green.
When it finally arrived I opened it up and fell in love with the scent and so has all my friends.
Love Love Love it!!!
It works well with my skin :)
Great Job Avon ;)

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

This is indeed a very interesting and unusual fragrance. I have never experienced another quite like it.
Fresh and green, warm and spicy, soft and powdery all at the same time. Sophisticated,understated and expensive smelling.(Way to go Avon!!)

Absynthe IMO, would be the ideal signature for the well dressed and high powered professional woman.

Cristina Mota
Cristina Mota

Eu gosto muito desse perfume. Fragrância intensa e vintage. Não acho que combine com mulheres muito jovens. Acredito que vá agradar mulheres que gostam de perfumes masculinos pois cheira um pouco a fumaça ou algo parecido que lembra perfumes masculinos.

bobkat

This smells lovely to me, just doesn't last at all, really have to fight to smell it after the initial evaporation. It's woody, green, deep and sensuous- but not masculine in any way. Have EDP but not lasting on the skin as I would like

After the initial review on the strength of tester samples...now have the real deal and I love it! The gorgeous green spice smell stays with you all day, and on clothes it will last a good few days..when I leave my work shirts hung up overnight in the reception desk..it's the first thing I smell on entering the reception area in a morning...nice!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I agree that this is unusual, in a good way.

I also agree that there are similiarities to Covet, which to me, are mostly in the opening.

For me, this would be enough to sell me on Abysnthe. One, because I adore peculiarity and scents that are far from mundane. And two, because I am a huge fan of SJP Covet and all it's boldness.

However, there is something that throws me off about Absynthe. I'm no perfume professional and I won't pretend to be. Maybe if I was I could figure out what is the culprit giving me this feeling of unfinished business. Like something is missing, causing Absynthe to remain unsettled and unbalanced on my skin.

It could be that I'm such a connaisseur of Covet that anything that resembles it even slightly will never quite live up to it in my eyes, forcing me not to embrace it. This is not Absynthe's fault of course... perhaps if I had tried Absynthe first, my opinion would be reversed.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Nice anise and freesia duo in top which for me, smells quite like melony sweet and has one "cottony" aura (if you know what I mean).
Center and end: woods (mainly ebony) and amber make it sugary in a adult way, not candy-like; musk are perfect with white flowers (turns the fragrance a little powdery), orchid (creamy, almost sweet), and myrhh (rather bittersweet). I can't take narcissus and saffron at all. After the opening, the fume remembers me of tarts and pies: a kind of cooking flavor. Loved this at first sniff, also according the nice price, good projection and longevity. People noticed it and approved.

On me:

Sillage: Really good
Longevity: Around +6h

Misenchanted
Misenchanted

It's taken my days to work out what it is in this very different fragrance that I don't like. Initially smells like fresh-cut grass or flower stems and then it becomes rather like pyrethrum which is a natural insecticide derived from the daisy/aster/chyranthemum family. I'm afraid I don't like smelling like dog flea repellant/lice treatment and am very glad I only had a sample vial of this. Might smell nicer if layered with another fragrance so I'll look forward to experimenting with it. Bottle is very pretty though.

queenvic
queenvic

Well when i first sprayed it, it smelt realy unusual? i couldnt make up my mind about it, very long lasting but gave me a headache & put me in a right mood allday, so sold it on ebay lol

Anajuli

I like youthful fragances, and this one is not one of them...

jillrp
jillrp

Very strong and long-lasting, but not in a sickening way. This perfume is VERY sexy and unique so I only like wearing it in the evening or when I go out. I'm usually not one to go for "green" fragrances but this is truly an outstanding perfume. I consider it to be one of Avon's best and a definite must-smell.

goldpoint
goldpoint

This perfume is a Masterpiece, but is not my cup of tea!

marietita
marietita

its nice.. but its to "green" for me

StarMagix
StarMagix

This is one of those kind of perfumes I have to be in the mood to wear. I do really love it for the mysterious days when I am just not feeling my other scents. This is so not a usual fragrance of candy & flowers. It is bold and beautiful.

I.I
I.I

As someone other said, one of the best fragrances by Avon.
Very different, very unusual.
I usually like subtle floral perfumes but I was impressed by this perfume. I got two samples and I was very sad when I realized I used them up.
I'll buy it as soon as possible.
I don't think that it could also be a masculine perfume, this is why Jolie Madame, La Perla and other old classic perfumes exist for (not all of them of course). Absynthe is far from this category, IMHO. It's quite strong but inoffesive at the same time.

I finally got it. It is very long lasting on me (especially on my hair).
Liking a perfume is a very personal matter, but this one is difficult to be disliked, I think. It is a perfume suitable for everybody but not for teens (not under 20). It has a certain...gravity and it is well balanced.
This is why it could be worn at day and night,IMO (because it is pleasant, mysterious and 'dark' at the same time and it's not overly sweet, vanill-ish or fresh...maybe very slightly musky).

Insolent
Insolent

Unusual fragrance. The wood and spice elements are subtle - I can't stand very strong fragrances like Poison and Angel but this has lots of depth and interest without being suffocating. Also this hasn't set my allergies off like cheaper perfume often does!

The name and the commercial were quite tempting, but for me the fragrance was too green. It reminded me of a medicine called wik-medinait :)

Hollyberri
Hollyberri

My son (teenager) who usually makes negative comments on every perfume I wear actually said "hey that one's pretty good". Coming from him that is a compliment of the highest order. I have been wearing it for a few hours now and it smells very warm and spicy. I have to say that I really like this, it's different and quite beautiful.

Liina
Liina

Absynthe is definitely not a regular Avon fragrance. But as I love many 'regulars' this is not my favourite. It has a beautiful composition but the herbal-spicy-woodsy is just not my kinda thing.
It's long-lasting and heavy, but not disturbingly heavy. It can be masculine but at the same time it can be a classical women's perfume. So Absynthe is very diverse perfume.

purplegothicbarbie
purplegothicbarbie

I'm not a fan of "spicy" perfumes, but this one is tolerable for me. Nice job from Avon for the girls who do appreciate the spicy-woody scents.
Smells a bit like Opium, but not as obnoxious. I wear this when I want my shields up. It's like aromatic war paint for me.

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

This is one of the best perfumer of Avon is very durable and different

gazelle
gazelle

I asked my husband to try it since I've read several men comment on it posiively. My gosh! It smells better on him then on me!

Thalia

A few months ago, I reviewed this from a sample -- I loved it so much that I had to write it up during my first wearing.

Now I have my own bottle of Absynthe and it's become a familiar friend. In my first trial, I wondered how it would perform in warm spring weather. As it turns out, it makes a lovely spring perfume! On a warmer day, it becomes sweeter, airer, and more floral, with a luscious herbal-anise thread running through it, while in cool weather the anise, herbs, and wood dominate. It really is a wear-anytime scent for me.

I agree that it is very similar to Covet, down to the similar color of the bottle. I find this fragrance changes more than usual during wear. It starts out fresh, floral and woodsy, and morphs into a fairly strong anise for the drydown. Quite unusual.

Patchouli Poppy
Patchouli Poppy

I bought La Croix C'est La Fete Patchouli and love it but feel it doesn't last long.
So thought I'd try Absynthe. It's so light and fresh and zingy. Perfect for the now warm spring days. It's Nice - capital N. But again no lasting power. Is this the individual or the product? It isn't much different to Davidoff Wave which I also love and probably prefer. Excellent day time, every day work day fragrance which is very affordable :-)

aelias
aelias

It is a deeper, spicier Covet, which I am a big fan of. Definitely worth the price for a bottle. I agree with everyone else who said this does not smell like an Avon fragrance.

Miffymuffin
Miffymuffin

This is surprisingly good for an Avon perfume. Classy and sexy. Very wearable. Unlike Rouge this does not give me a headache (most Avon perfumes do). Spicy and musky its a favourite along with Bond Girl 007.

krissycat
krissycat

I wanted to like this one because I heard really good reviews on it. But unfortunately after wearing it for 8 hours I got a migraine since it has a very strong scent. The lasting power is amazing, it's just too bad I didn't really enjoy the scent

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

Absynthe is very different and interesting frag,perfect for spring time.But deffinetely it isn`t for blind buying.I like it very much.

lilou
lilou

The bottle is wonderful, the blend is amazing, deep but doesn't last enough for me.

Faith17
Faith17

Alright, so after reading all the reviews I was really curious to try this one. I am very weird when it comes with sweet scents (and I do consider this one sweet, at least for the initial couple of hours on) my temperature starts rising and my ears start burning and getting red.. I know right!? Anyway, so at first I thought - Oh boy this is really sweet, and started to mentally prepare for the "tomato ears" invasion. But that never happened, it didn't suffocate me either. In fact as soon as the top notes started wearing out I actually started to warm up to the scent.
In conclusion, I should admit that I do like it and consider it quite magnetic and enigmatic. The base notes are my favorite! Very subtle but quite attractive!
I really think that one has to try a sample of this one out first to decide for themselves.

MMC

Eu achei absynthe um perfume muito bom.Ele não é muito doce e me lembrou o covet.Tem muito boa fixação.O melhor perfume dos atuais da avon.Bem refinado e também pode ser usado por homens.Recomendo.edit A abertura até lembra Covet SJP mas depois ele muda completamente e se torna picante e bem masculino em um bom caminho.

Thalia

I'm wearing this for the first time so I should probably wait a while to review, but oh my gosh it smells so gooooood!

Absynthe opens very herbal -- green, but not particularly fresh, more like ingredients chopped for an elixir or infusion. I don't know what wormwood smells like, but I suspect that it isn't really a prominent note here and that the perfumers are hoping we will figure the anise = wormwood.

It gets warm, rich, floral but not at all sweet. The anise isn't licorice-ish, but herbal. This doesn't smell like actual absinthe to me, but it does smell like some kind of rich herbal elixir -- and there's a strong note that is, I guess, the myrrh, making it smell deep, rich, and intoxicating. Once the warm notes kick in, it's pretty much linear on me -- the herbs stay, it's very anisey.

Absynthe is like nothing else I've sampled in the mainstream of perfumery right now -- it's green, but it's not fresh; it's got anise, but it's not foody; it's floral, but it's not "pretty" or heady or girly. It's warm, but it isn't syrupy. And it smells like a million bucks. I will never turn my nose up at Avon again!

swedeangel

Defintively beautiful! very well balanced,the spices,the green,the citrus and the fresh but none-sweet flowers.... smells like citrus-liquirice candys!
extremely fresh,extremely feminine in a very odd way.
My new favourite,and absolutely the best Avon has ever made.

swedeangel

Absynthe.This one is surely interesting. Its odd,no minstream feeling here,nothing even like whats popular at the moment,so maybe it could be described as a little vintage .
At first,try nr 1 , i didnt like it ,didnt understand it. All i felt was some quite sour flowers,absolutely without any sweetness in them,so odd. The wood,not fouguree,more of the smell from holding and smelling a piece of polished rosewood in your hand. It was spritzy,alcoholic and i felt no!! whats this?
Got in the shower,and then i took it on,and now..a different experience,now i got the beauty of it!
Its intriguing,well composed,a litlle chypre with the green ,masculine tone,and yes the flowers has nno sweetness - but oh! Its beautful,a little like Covet by SJP ,yes,but without the sweetness ,but the same family .
This has quality,is nothing like youd expect from Avon,entirely different,smells - expensive and very interesting!'Its defintively fire and ice,cool and hot at the same time!

cloyd42
cloyd42

It took me a while to figure out the absinthe reference but I finally get it--it's homage more than replication. In addition to some nicely done slightly bitter florals that will make you think of Dior Poison there is a delightful green alcoholic fizzy (the word keeps coming to my mind; I won't fight it any more) that reminds me of the far more expensive Ungaro Apparition. For what this juice costs, give it a try--it's fun and if you like it you'll have the in-the-know pleasure of telling people the magic scent is Avon. I have noticed that this perfume is unusually affected by body warmth--it smells very different on a cold day or on my hand than it does on my throat or on a hot day. The juice has a somewhat dense lotiony feel to it. This may explain the different experiences.

moonwalker
moonwalker

In my opinion, this is the least like Avon smelling perfume. I know that this can sound a bit snobby, but for me the Avon fragrances has this common note/feeling/touch (whathever you want to call it) but not this one.
I dont really know how decribe it. First of all it definitely does not smell like absynthe (judging by what I can actually remember when I tasted the real absynthe).
The strangest thing ever is that on me, it starts a little bit like Hypnotic poison and then it morphs into some kind of strange, not bad combination of Midnight Poison and Trouble by Boucheron... I know - strange, isnt it?
I am horrible with notes so I am not gonna name what I can feel that it smells like, just one observation it is more on the sweet scale of fragrances.
I think that you should definitely try this fragrance. This perfume smells much more expensive than it actually is. Avon got it right with this one.

guest_MJ
guest_MJ

This is a good scent, but very sweet for my taste. I think is a nice option for wearing ocasionally

The BEST from AVON!
Men can use it with no worries.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

What else can i say that hasn't already been said about Absynthe?
It is a unique fragrance, nothing like other fragrances I had a chance to sniff in my life.
That elixir in the bottle is so aromatic, so one of the kind - everything seems to be moderate without any notes screaming for attention.
The uniquenss I mentioned comes from the fact the fragrance is 3 dimentional, it is not flat like many other aromatic compositions.
It isn't overly sweet and would particularly appeal to elegant ladies or those that want to feel elegant despite wearing lounge pants on an autumn evening.
If you like Covet by SJP, you may wish to consider wearing Absynth for a change. It is less sweet than Covet but just as cozy and crisp.
The price is not proportionate to its quality - that little gem smells so sophisticated and is so inexpensive.
I highly recommend it to floral green/aromatic lovers!

adele l
adele l

I've had a full bottle of this in my cupboard for a while(i was an avon rep) and just neglected it. It's actually very nicely done and not sweet or overly flowery. It smells woodsy and vintage with subtle florals for support- the anise is very faint. For whatever reason I don't quite love it.

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

I love this perfume! The scent is amazingly complex and unique. It's fresh and green and oh so sexy! I'm proud to have this in my collection. I like this one just as much as Rouge.

I was tipped off some months ago by a fellow Fragrantican that "Avon isn't Avon anymore." I must confess to have been laboring under the negative image harbored by so many until, well, now, as I enjoy my sample of Avon ABSYNTHE, kindly provided to me by Nyoka.

This is a lovely oriental woody fragrance. I see from the image of the bottle that "Avon is not Avon anymore," unless the words "Christian Lacroix" are supposed to be some sort of anagram for Avon! Should I then credit Christian Lacroix for the fact that this is a high-quality and very appealing scent? Well, let's just say that it will take a few more glaring counterexamples to wash away years of negative prejudice...

ABSYNTHE appealed to me by its image and its notes: wormwood, anise, saffron, ebony, orchid, narcissus, and myrrh...! What a heady mix this is, but it also is well-balanced to my nose. A very nice winter-ready woody oriental with big sillage and excellent longevity.

If there are any Avonophiles out there, I'm definitely open to further suggestions after this pleasant surprise!

ArtELLE
ArtELLE

Very nice fragrance! Aromatic and unique! I really love it, even if I'm not a Avon perfume lover. This is really a succesfull perfume. I love wearing it in the autumn evenings.

Anastangel
Anastangel

Another of my favorites... sharp punch of licorice scent stands out, softened ever so slightly by the sweet florals, but not without the heavy incense and woods to keep it spicy. Absynthe is like fire and ice (not the Revlon perfume ;). It has the cool anise and the spicy woods, good for any season. However, it is definitely unique and stands out, so is probably best for evenings and special occasions - not everyday - although I love to smell it everyday, I wouldn't want it to lose its mystery! And what a beautifully colored bottle...

chyprecat
chyprecat

I had been toying with the idea of getting a bottle of this since it was released and just recently gave in.

First the packaging.
The box and bottle are beautiful; the bottle weighs a ton as the bottom inch or so is solid glass. But why oh why go to that trouble with the bottle and stick a very cheap plastic lid on the top? I suppose my whining is unfounded, as this scent if very reasonably priced, and will still look very nice on any dressing table/bathroom shelf.

Now the juice:

You know, it is a lovely, gentle, hypnotic perfume. Before getting a bottle, I was given a wee sample, and rather than trying on my skin, soaked the end of a cotton bud with it and sniffed it every morning when I got up. You know, it lasted on the cotton bud, out in the open, for almost 2 weeks, which is amazing. When I wander through department stores, picking up scent cards and sticking them in my pockets as I go, some of them have almost no vestige of the original aroma after a day, so with Absynthe, we could be on to something good here.
Having said that, I wish this scent, nice as it is, lasted a little longer on the skin. It does become quite vague after about 2 hours, and I have to refresh it more than i would expect of an EDP.
What do I like? The anise is lovely and sticks around all the way, whereas the freesia scampers away in just minutes. I love that this is not too sweet and not in the least cloying or overly custardy.
It also is a good day to night perfume; not too aggressive for the day time and just strong enough for the evening.
LISTEN TO ME!!! Like I change my perfume half way through the day....AS IF!!! Anyway, ladies, seems to be this is another one you could accidently spritz your man with as this could be unisex for the more adventurous hommes our there.
Very nice. Well done AVON.

Mama Wrench
Mama Wrench

This was my first foray into the realm of Avon's fragrances. I had been warned that Avon's perfumes were chemical nightmares, reproductions on same themes repeated over and over. Despite Absynthe breaking one of my cardinal rules of "F*ed-up base notes*," namely, having more base notes than top notes, my intrigue was too strong to avoid purchasing a few samples off eBay.

Holy cow, I'm glad I did. Absynthe starts out in a way I can only describe as "violent." It doesn't cloy at you with fussy whites and greens; it assaults you with astringent, herbal greens and spicy-hot anise (I pick up notes of cinnamon, allspice and something very similar to tarragon-y licorice). The dry-down seems to skip the florals entirely and go straight to amber, ebony and myrrh, where it remains, and remains... for hours and hours. Despite its loveliness, however, this is not an everyday fragrance, as much as I would love to wear it as often as possible. Summer is drawing to a close here, and the long nights and cooler temperatures are a perfect counterbalance to Absynthe's warmth and depth.

*Coined by the lovely Kerry, at www.howtosmellawhale.com

Well, I couldn't stand the red one, and was very glad I could make Sissi happy with it. But this one....this is a treasure. It is very very sensual...but NOT in the red or purple kind of sensual. It is somewhat oriental, mysterious, unknown....fascinating..
really stands out!!

RkrChk
RkrChk

I specifically got this to wait for the myrhh & the ebony wood notes...I just dabbed it on, so only time will tell...So far, the star anise & wormwood are doing their thing, as the orchid & saffron notes peak out from behind...I hope this winds up smelling good on me...

817flowers
817flowers

Avon - what can we say - it's hit or miss.
I really thought this would be the one I'd love. And I do love the scent through the drydown. It is not sweet nor flowery to me. Unfortunately, like others have commented, it fades quickly, especially the top notes. The dry-down is pleasant if you can smell it. It is similar to SJP Covet-although it is softer - Covet does last so that will be my choice of the two.

mocha43
mocha43

This is amazing! The anise, wormwood and myhrr make it absolutely aromatic. Then as it dries down, the softness of the floral notes come into play. It is unique in my experience. I love it, and , if you can, just try a sample spray, to experience it yourself. From the reviews, I am surprised that many did not catch the anise and strong aromatic scent and experienced it as just a floral. It has to be that old, personal chemistry, thing. The fact that it comes from Avon, just shows the old perfume house still has a few tricks, thanks to Christian Lacroix.

Absinthe (the liquor) is a bitter and mildly hallucinogenic narcotic made from steeping wormwood flowers in brandy for months at a time and must be poured over a sugar lump just to make it go down. Unfortunately True Absinthe is illegal in the States (for listed reasons above)and what is sold here is a liquer blended from anise and green notes (juniper?). For those of you who are interested the website DrinkJockey has a recipe you can make at home that is not half bad....on to my review-

I love LaCroix!(Sweetie..) And although AVON produced it; it is a spectacular juice! It begins with a warm bitter slightly floral top that swoops (like the Green Fairy itself) into a wonderful waltz of flowers of which I sense narcissus, orchid and the dry davana(corriander blossoms)reminiscient of a magical gathering in an enchanted forest. The dydown is deeply mysterious as ebonywood bathed in myrrh and other spicy aromatics sees you back to yours senses hours later...not unlike awaking to the early morning light with the bitter green slightly sweet taste of absinthe in the back of your mind as you try to shake off the fog of last night's midnight journey...

Sillage: above average (on me)
Longevity: Excellent
Overall: 4.5/5 stars

PS: If anyone has a line on Absynthe for him, please do not hesitate to contact me via private message. Sadly it is not available in my area and AVON has no plans to release it any time soon.

Remember we like what we like and we may not all agree, but if we help or heal one person through our efforts...it has all been worth it!!

CKS
CKS

This is a very good fragrance, one of my favorites. It is nothing too special about it, some might find it very common. But is so...suitable to every season, every occasion, every style. It is completing every wardrobe, and it is in the same time casual and good in special occasions. It is a chameleon-fragrance, rich and fulfilled.

chaos2
chaos2

I suggest a sample for anyone interested in this. This is one that changes a lot from beginning to end and is very sensitive to body chemistry. That said, I liked it even more the second time around. It is green, fresh, sweet and has just a hint of deep spice as it dries down. It is fresh but still complex. It is on my wanted list now. I am not into most of the Avon fragrances, but this and U by Ungaro have me testing each new one.

AmazonGrace
AmazonGrace

"Absynthe" was the very first Avon fragrance that renewed my hope for what I found to be a very "fragrance challenged" company...(no offense intended to anyone by that remark.) I loved many Avon fragrances through the years--BUT--only in theory. The actual "practice" (wearing them) let me down HARD with almost all of them.

Avon/Lacroix's gem of a fragrance is incredibly, undeniably captivating--like the "Green Fairy" herself! Smooth, sensual, great longevity, and good sillage. I love the interplay of the notes herein--on my skin, it's very dry and woody--(which I personally love.)

It's quite a feminine scent--but among it's many other chameleon-like qualities: I think it's truly a unisex fragrance. (Why the need to make this in a men's version also)? I must smell the men's one day to compare.

Kudos to Avon/Lacroix for such an outstanding offering! Now I just hope that it doesn't get discontinued, as many Avon's seem to be, ever since way back when they were known as the "C.P.C."

nyoka

how could anyone say this is ordinary?it must b someone who is olfactory challenged.it is extremely different than all others.it begins on a slight spicy note that quickly morphs into a huge magnifisent orchid that is afire with beautiful pleasurable scents.the drydown is a complete surprise.after the beautiful florals there comes an intense woody accord infused with gentle white musk.i fell in love with the first smell and dont no why anyone wouldnt unless they themselves have boring noses.

pansylady
pansylady

A paradox of a fragrance- simultaneously warm and cool, fire and ice-

seaghostdusk
seaghostdusk

I have tried many Avon fragrances and this one is the best one to date.As soon as I smelled the scratch and sniff in the catalog, I was hooked. It is even one of my favorite of all my fragrances. It embraces all of my favorite notes that I gravitate to.I like woodsy,aldehyde,with a bit of floral mixed in fragrances. That aside,it is the most unique scent I have ever tried. I will definitely be using this bottle up quickly.

AmberLove
AmberLove

When this came out, it made me also very curious! I had already used Rouge up, and I liked it! It took some time before I really started to like Rouge.
But Absynthe...It intoxicated me instantly!!!It smells more beautifull in real:I really depended on some reviews. Its creamy, sophisticated and sultry.
What I like about this, its not a heady scent, its very light but still there.
The floral/woody combo is so very well balanced, I think myrhe gives this scent its special touch.
This one promisses to be a favourite of mine! Recommended!

Absynthe is very chemical in a sense. However I don't mean that I'm repulsed by it, I just find it that little bit odd.

When I first sprayed this on, my immediate thoughts were that it smelt like menthol and a cosmetic aisle. I was a little disappointed that it didn't smell anything like absinthe, the very potent alcoholic beverage that has been banned in my own country.

Absynthe is only slightly green, but not in a grassy or rainforest sense. It smells damp and musty to me, like a heavily timbered area which barely sees the light. It reminds me slightly of Eden by Cacharel.

This fragrance is floral, but not in a feminine or delicate way, they sit on the skin quite rudely with their complexity. There is also a subtle spiciness brought about by the saffron and a bitterness caused by the wormwood additive which is the most common ingredient found in absinthe.

Despite liking the idea and concept behind the fragrance, this is not really a true homage to absinthe itself, but rather a unique green floral with an interesting muskiness. The lasting power is unfortunately very poor.

ananda
ananda

This is incredible! Such an interesting concotion of harsh, astringent aromatics and heady florals. It's something different, daring, full of personality. Not the exact type of scent I usually go for, but I loved it!

The thing I loved the most about it was the drydown, it's a shame it's so faint by this time. There's a beautiful exotic note, that I presume that is the ebony note. Wow!

I didn't have high hopes on this one, and it surprised me! However, I have a problem with much floral scents... They just give me a big headache! So I had to cancel my order with the Avon representative... That's a shame!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

to me it absolutely doesn t smell as dior midnight poison in no way!? maybe i should compare the ingredients to check back. well what can i say bout this? i bought it blind because of the gorgeous bottle and its name. i love Absynthe and was wondeing how this will smell but at this point, a real disapointement. no Absynthe listed inside!!!!? okay it has a strange intriguing smell in it but this is the staranaise i guess? i can hardly tell but when i smell real Absynthe its ortherwise... lacks longlasting too on me. if someone wanna have mine full bottle with box, just pm me.

truffles
truffles

Smells like an imitation of Dior Midnight Poison to me. Would rather have Midnight Poison and its beautiful blue bottle!
Got some samples of Absynthe in the post and finding them nothing special, charity shopped them.

Amethyststar
Amethyststar

I haven't worn Avon perfumes for years, but I got some samples of this. It is WONDERFUL. Very fresh, not sweet, and slightly floral/green, but I am not detecting anything woodsy or fruity. It is an unusual fragrance, not like anything I have ever had before. I also am not getting the "warm" sense from it, but rather think of it as cool-like a summer rain after a hot day. This will definately be my summer fragrance!

geegee
geegee

I havnt used an avon perfume in years but after reading rave reviews on this one i decided to give them a try & bought a couple.

This perfume is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. Its sexy & musky. Yet floral & light too. Its suggestive &certainly a perfume for passion & raw hot 'energy'.

Well done Avon i say but its a shame it doesnt last very long on me.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

Imagine a woman who put on an innocuous floral perfume, and then had a sexy romp with her man among the fresh wood shavings in his shop. Mmmm this is sweet and good. Not at all like the slightly skunky perfumes I remember from Avon in years past.

guest_Erin
guest_Erin

The last fragrance I got from Avon was Bond Girl. I loved the scent, but it faded very quickly (I just figured it was just a cheapy-Avon-thing).

But I was given a sample of the Absynthe and loved it. Do any of you who've purchased it know if it stays with you...or is it one that fades quickly and requires reapplication???

drika89
drika89

Tem muita gente que fala mal da Avon, por razões óbvias, mas eu admito, que dessa vez eles acertaram em cheio na fragrância. Melhor perfume da Avon, sem dúvidas.

rotorres
rotorres

I really like this. I just got my bottle today in the mail.With the first spray I thought this was going to be another masculine smell - like Chance eau Fraiche, but lighter.But within a couple minutes that goes away and this wonderful feminine smell takes over. This is good good stuff. I can see buying more of this when this bottle is depleted.Avon rarely hits the mark for me with the exception of rare gold, but they did a very good job.The packaging, the bottle, and the perfume are lovely.Absynthe will definitely stay on my vanity, not stored away in the dark like so many of the other perfumes I have.The more I keep smelling it, I would love it to stay longer.In less than hour it is gone whether I spray it on my skin or clothes.I wish it had more oomph!

glitteralex
glitteralex

This opens with a boozy citrus top that quickly goes into an intoxicating heart of heady florals, woods and spices. The base smells very much like Rosewood, with powder, spices and the everpresent Roses' Lime Juice note. Extremely concentrated and longlasting. Absynthe bears similarities to the other syrupy chartreuse fragrances Alien and Covet by SJP, though not as waxy as the former or gourmand as the latter.

nyoka

Dont believe the bad reviews.I think peoples idea that it is not good stems from the fact that the holder of this wonder is lowly little avon.If it were more expensive or came in fancy stores all people would love it.Or maybe they just arent ready for this olfactory experience because it is different.Its really hard to describe.When i smell it,it reminds me of a very confident woman who is nott afraid to smell differently than all those clones who want a safe scent.At the price,it is worth your trying it.If for nothing else,just for the experience of trying a rare new scent

guest_Sonja
guest_Sonja

Absynthe from AVON and Christian Lacroix: I have searched for this fragrance all my life. I was captivated by the eerieness of its colour and had to try the sample. The mysterious woody notes blend fantastically with the chemistry of my skin and the magical scent lingers all day. For me this perfume is worth every penny. I have only just discovered Absynthe a couple of months ago. I am now on my second bottle and will purchase again - and again ...

tzoutzou78
tzoutzou78

fantastic perfume, i ilked it and never regret purchasing it,iget many compliments when i wear it

Aalia
Aalia

It's a little different from other popular scents, but, really, I had expected alot more from this scent. The name, the notes listed...I expected something very dramitic, full, and exotic. Well, it's none of that. It's a little citrus, it's a little soft, nothing "stands out" in this scent...as all of it's distinctive notes should. Perhaps I was imagining some Brave New World quazi Niche scent. The scent "smells good" but it's too light to notice while wearing, but then I could smell it the next day when I woke up. Well, that's kind of useless.

One should definetely test this before buying. There is a variety of rave reviews here and sad disappointed sniffers, such as I .

guest_angel
guest_angel

Had a chance to wear this today. I'm rather disappointed in it, to be honest .... perhaps these notes just don't work well on my skin, but all I got was a faint medicinal smell for a little while and then nothing, it just faded away. I'm pretty sure that's not what it's supposed to do, so I'll blame my skin chemistry! :-)

amelie
amelie

Really strange perfume, and I was attracted to color and shape of the bottle. Perhaps it is the only Avon perfume that interested me, original and a bit sharp, and quite a long time to feel on the skin.Middle notes are most interesting, base notes give warmth, otherwise would have been quite distant.

sapphire73
sapphire73

It has now come out in the uk! I've smelt it on a scented strip from the brochure and it smells really unusual. I will definately be buying a bottle asap!

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

OMG. Can't wait to get myself a bottle of this fragrance. Sounds fantastic! Still not out in UK though..

crysna
crysna

i was hooked by the advertisment of this fragrance, Avon is doing a great job with her products. my young sister(15years old)was excited to get this parfum since avon launched it.
she finaly buy it and love it! the fragrance is very complex, had a good sillage, good longevity. i was impressed with this one, even i thought this fragrance is more for old ladies style my young sis and friends love it! the whole theme of a green fairy is very unique and the box, bottle and fragrance is well made and designed. so this one is on my parfum wardrobe. i ' m a lover now too!

Fey
Fey

I first fell in love with Absynthe by name, then by its image -- that captivating chartreuse bottle caught my eye -- and lastly, by the green fairy that Avon used in their advertisements. (Before I had taken notice of the perfume, I had only known that absinthe was a highly alcoholic drink, and that the drink was personified through a green fairy.) After that, I watched the commercial. When I saw the hem of her ethereal gown transform into liquid, I was hooked! And then I thought, "I must smell this." And so I did! After (finally) finding an Avon rep, I got my spray on the wrist and off I went.

At the first spritz, I received a fresh splash of floral. It was a bit "loud" at the beginning but mellowed down after a few seconds. I detected a small sweet hint of star anise, but it was almost immediately dominated by the smell of freesia. Minutes later, the freesia disappeared into a powdery cloud with a combination of other floral notes. The last transformation was of dry woodsy notes and amber. And when all of it was over... I felt a bit disappointed.

... Perhaps my expectations were too high?

Any presumptions I had of the perfume were rather off. Instead of a perfume that I imagined would be a bit exotic and alluring, I received one that was like a quiet, soft and powdery cloud. I didn't smell anything sharp nor did I feel warm at all. Contrary to my sister who thought the scent was strong, I found it to be light. (Then again, she wears Vera Wang's Princess.. a nice feminine scent which I thought was delicate and faint.) My mother sniffed its drydown and commented that it smelled like cheap men's cologne. But it's lasting power is good. I got my wrist sprayed around 6 PM and it's still there even at 9 AM.

All in all, I'm not too sure whether or not I like it. It's an okay fragrance, but nothing exciting in my opinion. I'm giving it a second chance before I decide whether or not I should buy it.

guest_miih
guest_miih

I just buyed a bottle and I have to tell,I'm just hipnosed by this sexy and unique fragrance.I never did find a fragrance that translate what I'm like Absynthe,feels like it will be my whole life parfume.I loved!

lillybee
lillybee

During the hot, summer months here in the south of France I wanted a fresh, green yet feminine and powdery soft fragrance. I hesitated to buy Absynthe because of the price - more expensive than the average Avon perfume so am I going to get what I pay for? Or will Absynthe be another forgettable cheap Avon?

What a surprise! It's sweeter and more floral than I expected from the notes or the group defining it as 'aromatic'. Yes, there's this ever present greeness which is not dominant but is there throughout and gives Absynthe a unique, aromatic feel. I love all its phases, from the soft, green start to the slightly spicy, wild flower heart and the ambery - woody - aromatic base.

The name is bit of a misnomer, being that the drink Absynthe smells dominantly of anis to me, however, I didn't detect any of it in the top notes, the powdery floral notes kicked in too early. To sum up, a fresh and green aromatic scent wrapped up in wild flowers and woodsy amber. In cold weather, it's even greener and the somewhat masculine aromatic notes dominate.

It's suitable for hot or cold days as the mixture of fresh - warm notes make it suitable for both. The staying power is about 8 hours which is decent for an Avon eau de parfum. Avon did a good job on this one, I won't be surprised if they discontinued it, it's probably too special to be mass sold.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Good in small doses. A little green (though not as sharp as SJP's Covet), and very powdery (on ME) for the first minute or so. Then the powderiness disappears a bit (but not completely)and turns into a soft, faintly sweet floral & amber. I actually prefer the beginning and end over the heart. Not bad at all. On me, the sillage is good, and the lasting power is decent as well...though there are other perfumes that last longer.

maijaaijam
maijaaijam

AVON scents usually smells quite cheap, but this is great.
It smells even yummy for me, I don't know why, and my husband love it too.
Deep, juicy and sexy.
The only thing I don't like, is the price. I think it's too expensive for AVON fragrance.

Diegof7
Diegof7

O Absynthe é milhões de veses melhor que o Rouge, é muito sofisticado e Oriental verde mesmo como a própria descrição diz, o aroma de mirra na nota de fundo é inconfundível !!

vdxl
vdxl

This is way much better than Rouge. I am an Avon rep( even though I am a man ) and I love this on a woman. It is a nicely done floral-green scent with some oriental undertones. Interpret its name Absynthe not like a simple licquor( most today's exotic women cologne are generic fruity florals which smell like fruit daiquiry- cheap smelling that is, no refinement), but rather an evocation of past time in France, a provocation to literature, poetry and mystery. This perfume is both seductive and intelectual. Sorry, I do not see a teenage girl wearing this, nor a "clubbin" scent. This is for restaurants, elegant cafeterias, going to the theatre.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

I got a sample from my cousin who sells Avon. I am not a big fan of Avon fragrances as I think they tend to smell a bit, well...cheap:) I actually liked the sample and bought a bottle. I have since come to realize that this fragrance is fine in very small doses (like a sample) When I sprayed it on it was way too green and a bit too masculine for my taste.

distortech
distortech

Beautiful bottle. Gorgeous fragrance. The more I wear it, the more I love it. Btw, yes, I am a guy and this works very well for guys, so guys, don't be afraid to try it. I can assure you that women gave me all kinds of compliments on it and still do every time I wear it.

Bon travail, Monsieur Lacroix.

jrjohnson1408
jrjohnson1408

I don't normally buy fragrances from Avon, but this one intrigued me so much that I ordered it from the representative that comes to my workplace. (I did get some laughs and odd looks from my co-workers, though).

As for the top notes: I couldn't smell the anise although I did enjoy the wormwood. I found the freesia a little overwhelming. (I don't like freesia).
I wasn't really wanting a floral fragrance, but the middle notes were rather well done if somewhat out of place.
A couple hour after application I got what I really wanted. A very dry, aromatic combination of woods which lasted for several hours.
This made it very worthwhile. I am pleased with this fragrance and will try from now on to keep an open mind as far as perfumes are concerned: Avon may suprise me again.

susieqrj
susieqrj

I had to spray a lot of it over me to smell something. And even doing it, if I want to smell it, I have to sniff my arm very close. It´s a serious fault for an EDP, to act like a cologne.
The perfume is too subtle, very light.
The smell is good but not wonderful. I wouldn´t buy it again.
After 5 hours the woody notes got a little bitter. I still sense green notes.
Maybe if it was more intense, it would be better.

Am I the only one who doesn't get all the cool absinthe, exotic wood notes? I'm getting nothing more than a same-y fruity floral. It's boring and nothing new. It would be great to get what other people are talking about, but I guess my skin doesn't care what I want to smell. This did nothing for me. It's not bad, but it sure isn't worth a full bottle, even at the excellent prices Avon has. Pretty bottle, though.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I got a sample with one of my orders. I love the bottle, the color and design. The commercial is one of the best I've seen in a long time. The name is interesting, but I don't think it goes with my chemistry. I don't remember any one note standing out in particular. It was linear for me. I didn't like it, but that doesn't mean others feel the same. It's so unusual, I could not even describe the genre. It's an odd one.

a bit vintage

I gave this another chance and it goes to show that I shouldn't make a judgement on the first try. For whatever reason the 2nd time sampling this fragrance I noticed NO pepper lingering on my skin, and much more of the rose, orchid and myrhh. In the dry down I appreciate the ebony wood. I think Absynthe feels good for cool/crisp days.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

This smelled nothing like I expected. Based on the notes, I was anticipating more of a green herbal scent, with a bit of black licorice.

In reality, the sweet florals dominate the opening. After an hour or so, a green woody scent begins to emerge, and from there, the fragrance morphs to a dry, spicy wood aroma.

I was unable to detect anise as an individual note in this fragrance, and from what I understand, the actual absinthe beverage has a very anisic aroma.

Nonetheless, I think Avon has a winner on their hands with Absynthe. It's a lovely fragrance, with great persistence and sillage. I got compliments from my husband on the scent, and I could still smell the perfume I applied at 9:00 PM last night when I got out of bed at 7:30 this morning. Combined with that beautiful bottle, it's a nice addition to anyone's collection.

itastica
itastica

It's alright. Kind of reminds me of L'Eau Par Kenzo. It's very woodsy on me. The rouge scent is much more appealing to me.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I was curious about this one. (I love Absinthe :D)For a start i smelled it out of magazine- and was disappointed! The green/flowery I-smelled-it-somewhere scent. And then I was catching a whiff from others who wore it. It's nice, but nothing so special. But it do reminds me the green bottle of Aloha edt from Oriflame many years ago. When it will have lower price I will order it. Oriflame one was 4 times cheaper. :o

guest_samuel
guest_samuel

Muito bom
altamente recomendado... fragancia maravilhosamente surpreendivel..

guest_Amarilla
guest_Amarilla

Surprisingly remarkable. I sampled it and than purchased a bottle as it works very well with my chemistry. Absynthe is fresh and deeply warm at the same time and it lasts.
I'll finish it but won't re-buy.

a bit vintage

I just couldn't wait to receive my samples of this in my Avon shipment. But I am so disappointed in the way this fragrance smells on me. First off I detect a very strong floral that I can not pinpoint as the source. Maybe it's the combination of florals. At first Absynthe feels a bit matronly, and then I'm left with what smells like pepper on my skin. I had such high hopes for this one. I might purchase it just for the gorgeous bottle.

skorpions
skorpions

interesting perfume, nice bottle. i like this green, fresh but warm smell. perfume isn't sweet or sour. i can't describe Absynthe, but i will buy it soon. i like it very much.

dunatko
dunatko

i wrote here an rewiev some days before---and it was deleted??????

its a very nice bottle in fresh colour with gold print... looks better than the same bottle in red filled with "rouge"...

but the fragrance is nothing special - it starts with nice sweet flowery smell... and its still the same... mixed flowers... sweet and sweet without detecting any note from the composition:-)

after trying my best girlfriend said that smelling this one is like smelling whole parfumery shop!

Christian Lacroix Absynthe by Avon 3.72 out of 5 based on 549 ratings and 156 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Christian Lacroix Absynthe fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Christian Lacroix Absynthe, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Christian Lacroix Absynthe by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Christian Lacroix Absynthe by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.