Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Christian Lacroix Nuit Avon for women
dislike

smoky
Christian Lacroix Nuit Avon for women Pictures

The successful results of the cooperation between designer Christian Lacroix and cosmetics company Avon, where the designer manage to find his place on the mass-market and the house enriched its offer with a prestigious name, are reflected in fragrances Rouge and Noir from 2007 and Absynthe and Absynthe for Him from 2009. The same team throws a new edition in autumn 2011 in the form of a women's fragrance named Nuit.

Christian Lacroix Nuit is described as an intoxicating and mysterious forbidden fragrance fantasy that awakens passions and excites the senses. The composition is rich oriental – floral opening with fresh notes of bergamot, neroli and honeysuckle. Sensual flowers of jasmine, tuberose and narcissus are located in the heart of the perfume, supported by the luxurious base of amber, incense, musk and woody notes.

The bottle retains the same shape as the previous women's editions that have aroused from this cooperation and it is designed by Christian Lacroix himself. The color is deep purple this time, in order to evoke the theme of the night. The fragrance is available as 50 ml Eau de Parfum. The nose behind this fragrance is Carlos Benaim.

Neroli Bergamot Honeysuckle

Jasmine Narcissus Tuberose

Woodsy Notes Incense Amber Musk

Christian Lacroix Nuit Fragrance Reviews

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

Wow... this is an Avon winner... !
When i first smell this one i was not surprised from the scent i find it boring.
Some dayw later i find my samples of this one and give it a try and wooooow.... this one is really good smoky night flowers blendeδ with a touch of patchouli and elegant musk...
The bottle is very nice and gives color in your collection !
I have a big problem with lognevity.... unfortunately my body mist (also by avon) lasts longer...
this one after a few minutes has dissapeared.. :(
As i said this one is a winner but it has no lasting.

PLUMPIE

I get a mixture of Versace Crystal Noir, Herve Leger Femme by avon and grape bubble gum from this scent. It is rather lovely but not quite for me. Definitely smells more expensive than I expected, unfortunately the grape bubblegum note ruins it for me but this smells lovely on one of my friends and she loved it.

K1
K1

This perfume is fantastic! The very opening stream drove me mad!
It opens so instant and everything happens in just a flash. Incense first, goes under creamy jasmine, goes under early morning orange blossom, goes under tuberose/honeysuckle duet, go under amber/woody base and finally narcissus/musk, unfortunately both low level synthetic. Narcissus is notorious for being so sensitive to be extracted. However, the synthetic narcissus smells more realistic to its origin!
Anyway, then everything shift as quick as you red these notes above. Tuberose sits with citrus blossom and jasmine performs with incense; slight non brutal incense.
This combination could be so successful but the balance of notes and projection sucks in fact.

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

pr mim é semelhante ao Beauty...eu tenho os dois

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Definately a Dior Pure Poison copy!

My Gran wears it and when i first opened my sample, it was like she'd walked in the room :) A very strong scent, great for girls with a big personality.

fairy.tailed
fairy.tailed

After putting this perfume on, it's strong and powdery- reminds me of Givenchy Amarige (not by smell, but by strength and aura), but on my skin it only lasts 2-3 hours so I'm bit disappointed. But still, it's cheap and interesting perfume and worth it's price.

angela.stojceska
angela.stojceska

Extraordinary perfume....Just love it <3

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

I didn't like this as much as 'Rouge' but it is a decent frag for the money. Bought in miniature but I wouldn't buy a full bottle.

thalestv
thalestv

I surprised myself with this perfume. I used it yesterday for the first time and soon identified the nerole and jasmine notes. at the beginning it has a sweet smells with bergamot. as and then goes becoming a fragrance of woods, incense and amber.
the most striking floral notes of this perfume are the Nelore and tuberose. musk, honeysuckle and narciso are in harmony in this fragrance. I really loved this perfume recommend using it anytime. the fixation is excellent too. <3

aromaminx
aromaminx

I like this. It is a pleasant everyday fragrance, best suited to fresh Autumn evenings. I have and will wear during other seasons though. The white flowers are prominent, but balanced.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Had a sample of this laying around and it was screaming "long time overdue review!"... lol - so i gave it a shot

My first thoughts of this were masculine and sorta 80s powerhouse womens perfumes - a strange combination of both.

The more time passes and the deeper into the scent pyramid we go, the more this scent makes me picture old ladies in a beauty salon getting their perms done and gossiping about their next door neighbors niece... lol sorry, back to reality =)

But yes, in all honesty the smokiness of this reminds me of old school waxing (the one where they used a dirty burnt pot on a an electric range and spackled it on u with a wooden handle), layering that with retirement home old lady powder smell topped with a sweet cheap hairspray... what more can i say...i just got catapulted back to being 4 years old and hanging out with my grandma lol.

I don't hate Avon and this is not me bashing this perfume its just very old lady like and not something that is remotely palatable for me personally. Sorry =(

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

I have 5 samples from an avon rep here is my honest opinion:
I wasn't impressed at all
just jasmin and musk almost nothing special I really don't belive that it's a christian lacroix perfume
it reminds me of amariage from givenchy somehow I don't know why if you like amariage this is for you
in my country it's kinda costy (about 100 egyptian pound) it's not worth it actually

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Remember Dior Adict, hot and sweet.
Great.

pedersen
pedersen

i don't like this fragrane at all. is just a nauseating and unsavoury chemistry. I do not recomand it. I bought this perfume by accident but now I think it throws cos I do not want to offend anyone by making gift.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

When I tried a sample of this, the first thing that came to mind was "L'Interdit!" But, of course, "L'Interdit" is toujours "L'Interdit!!!!"

fotoula
fotoula

I can sense the sweet jasmine scent first, then some tones of honeysuckle and bergamot all enshrouded in the hypnotic fumes of incense...it wears off quite quickly on my skin but the the sweetness lingers reminding me of mastiha resin cookies!!!it is pleasurable and feminine and the bottle is beautiful.Avon recently launched a gift box of all three christian lacroix perfumes for women in miniature size and this is how i tried ''NUIT''.

Vampiris
Vampiris

this purple bottle just suppressed my expectation..really gorgeous and nice in quality..i am not fond of some Avon perfumes with plastic lids or packaging

the scent is very clean, musky and simple..i enjoy the woody and amber notes it it..it's not my fav..but it is really not bad

daidamas
daidamas

O melhor perfume que o avon já criou, sem dúvidas!

karolla28
karolla28

Very powdery frag, with strong iris note. In my broschure is information, that is iris in

sophisticated
sophisticated

i love everything about this scent even the bottle design & color, if only the frag would last longer & had a stronger sillage, it would've been the perfect catch but it doesn't take away the wonderful sensation i felt after the first spritz, it really smells great, classy and feels like it's from a famous designer house

dezaval
dezaval

I believe that, when Avon uses such enormous designers for its creations, its fragrances should last longer. So, Nuit is a great for-an-evening-out fragrance, but its longevity is moderate. By the way, Nuit could be worn even a cold winter day, as its sillage is moderate, which, in this case, is a good thing. Imagine yourself in black cashmere dress, luxurius coat, vintage 80s jewellery and smokey eyes, wearing a Lacroix fragrance...Nice picture, isn't it?

kateyrockalily
kateyrockalily

Nuit Eau de parfum from AVON, is an unusual heady mix, with intoxicating florals, it is fairly strong. Although longevity is maximum 3 hours, which is average and as it is quite heady I would not want to offend too many people with this strong fragrance.
This is quite a strong fragrance from AVON and I would not say it is my favorite from AVON though. This fragrance does not provoke an immediate feeling or response, to me it is a decent fragrance that is average.
I would rate this a 3/5 and points are deducted for longevity and price, but overall it is not bad.
Great branding strategy though with the designer which makes a first impression to buy and the bottle is lovely design.

panda0410
panda0410

I have to agree with other reviewers here, this is a tamed version of TM Alien. The resemblance is quite noticeable, though its much softer and slightly more floral, its pleasant and easy to wear. The incense is a little heavy in the opening, but turns to white floral on wood as time progresses. Pretty nice wear time, nice sillage. If I didn't already own Alien I'd buy it in a heartbeat, though once its gone this might well be the next best thing.

Thiago Alves
Thiago Alves

grape smell! first it smelled just like insolence and then turn into a very similar armani code donna, definetely a perfum for a winter nightout

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

When i first smelt this is purple peony, it's so purple smell with a woody floral smell. It a little strong for my liking however my mum and grandmother really like this scent so maybe for an older or muture person might like this!

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Christian Lacroix Nuit - Saw it on offer and i couldn't remember what my it smelled of , but i knew id put it on "like " list here , so bought while it was going cheap.

Quite happy with this buy it has something of TM's Alien about it , the jasmine/amber/wood in both frags. Nice bottle and packaging too. I say im only "quite" happy as the let down is the longevity , after only 30mins i couldn't smell even a trace on clothes or skin , so i cannot comment on basenotes ect.

Disappointing , but they do say that the perfumes that suit you best are not detectable to the wearer after a short time..... if anyone knows if this is correct or an old wives tale , then please let us all know!! I shall wear it tomorrow and see if friends can notice it after 30mins , i hope they can as its a really sexy evening frag , and very much my cup of tea, as i love jasmine/amber/wood combos , orientals and big "dark" frags.

I just wish these "Modern" perfumes had the tenacity of the 80s powerhouses. So no more bloody avon for me! OK , it seems a cheap "treat" and a "fix" for a perfume habit , but like all cheap goods its a false economy in the long run.

( the only 2 avons that last on me are far away and FA Exotic - those i will repurchase)

Just totted up my avon expenditure for the past 3 months , 3 orders total £137 !! Eeek , i will be disciplined from now and save up for ONE btle of something quality , or a good vintage ebay splurge.

As from now i need a cheap quick fix it will be one of the many £3 arabic attars available. ( been reading up on those and keen to try)

If this scent lasted as long as "alien" "poison" "opium" "obsession" "chanel no5" ect , it would be a winner . I recall the vintage avon scents like "Jour De Kashbah" lasted really well , so its not like its out of avons budget restraints to make long lasting scents...hmm , food for thought. I suppose its all about profit over quality and repeat custom these days. I was going to buy Christian Lacroix "Absinthe" next but if its going to be as frustrating as this one , i wont bother.

Sorry for the moaning , complaining tone of this review , but this scent is a big let down so ive just typed up mu honest opinion . Hopefully i might save someone else wasting money as most people are having to really watch the pennys at the moment. :)

PS - Ouch's review is spot on "could be poisons younger sister" ..yes it could , and it would be so PERFECT if its lasting power was even a fraction of the legendary Poisons.

sarugli
sarugli

Sorry, but this perfume is not me at all, it's not even just ok, to me it is unwearable! Smells awful, like burnt rubber!!!!!

PLUMPIE

I have been given a sample of this and have since purchased the full sized bottle and lotion/body wash, now from first glance I thought they were trying to go down the estee Sensuous noir/Dior Midnight poison/Versace Crystal Noir route, and to be honest they have but have come up with something slightly different. Smells quite alot like Avon Herve Leger but a bit darker, definitely some daffidol like notes in there, something vaguely 'grapey' and I get some patchouli. Theres alot of gardenia.The Narciscuss really makes it something a bit different to today's candy syrup releases. I love this scent but sadly it has no lasting power. The lotion is to die for it smells alot of Estee Beautiful love for some reason and the shower gel is quite potent also, shame the same doesn't go for the edp but it does make for a good work scent as it dies down pretty quickly and I don't fear offending anyone. If they intesified the strength of this one it would be an amazing night scent.

Whenever I see tuberose in the note pyramid, I proceed with caution. Tuberose is one of those notes that can overtake all the others in a fragrance, at least on my skin. What a relief when I sampled this one. This tuberose is fresh and cool, and part of the overall floral composition of this scent, rather than the domineering note. The tuberose is about equal to the other floral notes, and I think I smell the jasmine the most. I also smell some subtle incense which is always a lovely touch. There is a bit of a sweet powder scent in the drydown as well. With the combination of florals, incense, and sweet powder, I find this to be quite pretty and wearable for day or night.

1nov
1nov

I love this one .. It's good for day and night

laura.poison
laura.poison

I love it! It's very floral, on me smells just like fresh tuberose, it has a great staying power and it's very sensual as well! YOU should definitely try it!

bobkat
bobkat

To me this starts off with a blast of quite bitter dark fruits; black currant, blackberry and plum...then it softens with a light muskiness and a hint of heady jasmine/ gardinia...don't get me wrong, this is not a sparkling white scent, it has the very purple depth indicated by the bottle. I find it improves with time, and can still smell the residue on clothes even after a wash..it just gets more delicious with time. On the skin it lasts a good 12 hours and will dry down to a lovely warming woody scent in this time.
I don't know what the winning formula is, but these Lacroix fragrances for Avon have nailed it, not a bad one yet....although I did used to love C'est La Vie in the early 90's as well!

Avon Michelle
Avon Michelle

Absolutely love this fragrance - and my customers do too... It will go down in Avon's history as one of their best sellers I think. :)

midge_91
midge_91

loved this!!! great christmas present off the sister!! mens one is just as great too!!! definatly a favorite of mine!!

AmberLove
AmberLove

This was a blind buy for me. I was very sure I would like it as the combination of all notes were very inviting...I was right!!! It smelled a bit different from what I expected...I actually expected a deep, dark seductive scent, what I get is a sultry nice soft and sweet scent! I love how the opening notes; flowers transform into incense and then the woods come out...on my skin it smells a bit like Monoi oil...neroli, jasmine and incense give this scent the exotic flavour.
I wish it was more intense...It smells so nice just like a very watered down version of Alien as some one earlier mentioned here...
I am disappointed with the staying power and projection...Absynthe had better sillage.
Still I like it very much....will definately buy a second bottle if this one is finished, that will be soon as I use a lot of this now...its so light that one can use it during the day and even for work...
Nice one by Avon...hope they dont discontinue it soon...

Mora

The opening of this scent is amazing but unfortunately the dry down is awful

townsed
townsed

for me i think Avon as got a winner i just hope that they don't discontinue it after a couple of years Avon is famous for the discontinue of their best line.

avonman
avonman

I purchased 2 bottles of this perfume on Ebay without ever even trying it out (the reason being I loved Absynthe so much) and I was not disappointed,it smelled exactly how I had envisioned!! Mysterious..Sexy..a little sweet and incensy,and yes as has already been mentioned,I also get a purple fruit essence...Nuit could be Thierry Muglers Aliens' younger sister.. giving off more of a Fantasy feel as oppossed to Aliens Sci-Fi Vibe!!

lolita_lolita_roro
lolita_lolita_roro

amazing i tray it 3 times notice that it lasts good
every one asked me what iam wearing .excellent

@gypsy parfumista

This is really strange because here in Brazil, Avon have a website called "perfumaria avon" (avon's perfumery) and there, the male version has the same notes you said, unlike the female one. The address is perfumariaavon.com.br and everything is in portuguese but you can translate it in other place. Excuse me if I have provided wrong information but everything is from this page.

When you receive your sample, please, tell us about how it smells because I want to know if those elements exist here. I love narcissus, incense and would be a frustration not find them. Thanks and I love your reviews, btw.

According to the Avon PR (in the UK online brochure for Campaign 17, 2011) the OFFICIAL NOTES ARE:

HERS
Top-bergamot, neroli and honeysuckle
Heart-jasmine, tuberose, narcissus
Base-amber, incense, musk and woods

*like it says above*

HIS (not yet added here) are...
Top-bergamot, lavender and intense FRESH tobacco
Heart-cypress, cardamom, black violet
Base-sensual iris, woods and resin

EDIT:
Carlos Benaim nosed the WOMEN'S version...
and Pascal Gaurin nosed the MEN's

Still waiting on the AVON UK rep to send me my samples and it looks like (as of What's New for Camapign 1) the US has no plans to release either. I hope I am wrong!!

Patricia888
Patricia888

I agree with vinisantosrs. How can a perfume be added to this site. It`s been a while Christian Lacroix Nuit for men is available on the market.

According avon's website notes:

Top: peony, neroli and bergamot
Heart: jasmine, tuberose and wisteria
Base: wood, aromatic resins and musk

It doesn't have incense, so, I think the "incensy" feeling is simulated by resins.

The men's edition sounds good.

vinisantosrs
vinisantosrs

Time to put the male one on this site, I want to make a review!

Kione
Kione

I just smelled the page of The new Avon Brochure and it is VERY faint but... does it smell a bit like Tresor Midnight Rose? Please do not grill me if this is not the case, just put me in the right if I am wrong. But it just reminded it to me.

Anyway, I am not overly impressed by this, I love Rouge and I was expecting to be a bit more surprised by Nuit.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I like Christian Lacroix Nuit, but I don't think it will replace C'est La Vie or Absynthe amongst my faves. I might even place it behind Rouge, which worked well for me but still seemed a little rough around the edges somehow.

Nuit seems to be aimed at a younger market than the previous Christian Lacroix/Avon collaborations. It was much sweeter than I expected. There is a definite purple fruity vibe--grape? plums? berries?--to this fragrance that I can't quite pin down, based on the notes listed in the description. Lots of florals, too, rounded out by an overall sweetness that becomes a little woodier on the dry-down.

Nuit is a youthful sweet oriental, very typical for scents aimed at the younger consumer today. It is equally suitable for day or night, in spite of its name. Longevity is not bad but is on the lower end compared to the other Lacroix scents I have tried--about six hours. (Absynthe lasted a good 12+ hours on me.) The sillage is excellent and on par with all the Lacroix perfume I have tried.

It's nice, and I love the purple packaging, but it is probably not one for which I will pursue a full bottle.

According to Avon's MALTA website Carlos Benaim "nosed" both this beauty...and also the men's version.

According to the PR there is a men's version, Nuit for Him (in a purple flacon similar to Noir and Absynthe for Him) and it has notes listed only as:

"A passionate potion of rich tobacco, black violets and seductive woods."

Both scents from this pair are described as: provocative, uninhibited and passionate...

As of 10/13/11, no word of this is online nor in any of the What's New representative brochures here in the US. I have it on good authority (my AvonUK rep) that this will be available for anyone to order in THEIR Campaign 17 or 18 brochures. When my advance samples get here...I will review them (his AND hers) in full.

WE might see the women's version here in the US but if it is ANYTHING like Absynthe for Him; I will, no doubt, have to order this from London. If THIS is anything like the previous pair were/are it should be stunning!

verylux
verylux

I find it very similar to another Avon fragrance on my skin after a while 'becomes as far away...

Mora

i liked it , it is mysterious , for night of course , good lasting power , i don't love most of oriental perfumes but it's oriental in a gooood way

sofababe
sofababe

I would have sworn there were purple berries in Nuit, but apparently not. Purple berries and incense is what I get from this fragrance and I have to confess I do rather like it. I got a strip of samples from an Avon lady friend of mine but I'm still undecided whether to go for the full size bottle. I think its pretty sexy, but I need to test it on some guys first! lol

RkrChk
RkrChk

Double ditto to all that Ouch! said previously except for I'm not smelling any incense yet...This one reminds me of SJP's Pure Bloom [at least on my skin]...The jury is still out on this one in my book...It's beautiful, fruity, a tad powdery, youthful, and very sweet...

tiria
tiria

Ok, this has just become THE SCENT for me. Absolutely gogeous, lush, sweet, tempting, mysterious...what else can I say?:-D
I got my DH smell it in the Avon brochure (NOT an easy task to make him do this, i can tell) and he instantly said that it smelled nice AND sexy...well, that did it.
I oredered it that day!:-DD
I've been wearing it for 7 hours now and I still can feel wafts of it as I move around.
I've become really, really interested in Absynthe and Rouge...

uuttkkuu
uuttkkuu

there is very intense honeysuckle essence like AVON Little Black Dress...I didnt like it.But i lke for men version.Almost Nuit for men is same Noir for men..

Ouch!
Ouch!

This perfume to me smells like tuberose and grapes. Kind of like dark purple berries and grape kool aid. It's definitely a night scent and makes me think of dark velvet.

I would group it with Poison by Dior, I'm not saying it smells the same but, it could be it's younger, frutier, slightly fresher sister. This perfume every now and then gives you wafts of incense which I find beautiful, this only happens every so often though like it's teasing you!

Not sure it's for me but I'm keeping the sample and may change my review after a few wears. :)

BarbaraElla
BarbaraElla

I'm not sure it works on my skin, and I'm not even sure if I like the smell of it...maybe it's one of those fragrances that you start to love after some time...we'll see. :-) And sure, I love the bottle!!! :-)

shushkin
shushkin

I like the bottle but thats it. It makes me sneeze.
I find it sort of peppery. I dont know if it is the citrus top notes. Personally though I like warmer floral or green scents. I love Absynthe so I was really disappointed when I smelt this.

Gyöngy
Gyöngy

It reminds me of Nomadic for her (Oriflame). I loved that and also adore Christian Lacroix Nuit! Oriental fragrances are the best for me!

Liina
Liina

I've been testing Nuit for couple of times now sniffing it on my wrist dozens of times. And it's not speaking to me. In comparison I also tested another new Avon fragrance and it started speaking to me from the very first sniff.
Oh well, now you maybe thinking I'm losing my mind talking to a perfume. But I hope you understand what that means if a perfume is "talking to you".

But once again I'm smelling Nuit on my wrist and I'm not sure what to write about it. It's nice. It really is nice. But there's nothing in this scent that screams "ME".
So obviously I'm not going to buy it. The incense note seems to be in the center of attention in here and if I had a list of the notes that are not my favourite incense would be in there. But it's still a nice perfume, it's dark and kinda mysterious. Just not my type of fragrance.

Christian Lacroix Nuit by Avon 3.90 out of 5 based on 253 ratings and 58 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Christian Lacroix Nuit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Christian Lacroix Nuit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Christian Lacroix Nuit by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Christian Lacroix Nuit by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.