Designers » A » Chypre Floral « Groups

Christian Lacroix Rouge Avon for women

Christian Lacroix Rouge Avon for women
dislike

Christian Lacroix Rouge Avon for women Videos
Christian Lacroix Rouge Avon for women Pictures Christian Lacroix Rouge Avon for women Pictures Christian Lacroix Rouge Avon for women Pictures

Sensual Rouge is a light floral chypre composition with intriguing notes of white pepper, orange and silky cashmere. It is created for women who live their lives with passion, who are elegant and provocative.

The top notes are orange peel, white pepper and red peony. The heart unites osmanthus flower, Japanese plum blossom and water lily, tulips and Spanish carnation. The woody-musk base is composed of cashmere wood, patchouli leaves, and musk. It is captured in an elegant intensive-red bottle with delicate flowers adornment, designed by Christian Lacroix. The perfume was created by IFF (International Flavors & Fragrance) perfume creators Laurent Le Guernec and Carlos Benaim in 2007 and is a result of claboration of Avon and French couture fashion designer Christian Lacroix.

Orange White Pepper Red Peony

Byc Moze...Tokyo

Christian Lacroix Rouge Fragrance Reviews

mishakal.lanfear
mishakal.lanfear

i only get pepper,i don t understand why this is more expensive than the other avon scents,it is the same quality

mariamarouli91
mariamarouli91

That's the little sister of Dior's Midnight Poison. A good dupe for the lovers of MP as I know it has been discontinued.

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

No, not my cup of tea...

carrie.nellis crisp
carrie.nellis crisp

One of my favorites . So many perfumes have Gardenia mixed in and I'm highly allergic sadly . On my skin it lasts a good while but people need to know how it smells and how long it lasts is entirely up to your body chemistry . I'm one of the lucky girls to be able to wear it .

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

One of the very best perfumes of Avon and Lacroix. Oriental indeed, very long lasting, 1st class package and bottle. This is my 2nd botte because I was so very pleased from the first time I tried this perfume. It does not smell at all cheap, on the contrary it can be compared to other best sellers as "Euphoria" or "Ange our Demon". I could wear it all year round. I have also tried "Absynthe" and "Nuit" and from my experience they are all worth every penny, so do not hesitate at all and try them . You will be highly surprised from all the compositions. Excellent job Mr Lacroix and Avon.

dream.no.longer
dream.no.longer

No doubts, this is my signature. No matter how cheap it smells to you guys, no matter what anyone else thinks, this was love at first smell. :) I can't help it, it's with me no matter the season and the time of the day. Ha! :)

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Nice scent, but lasted all of 30 minutes on my skin. I can't smell anything. Quite disappointing.

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

I like this; it's 'gutsy.' Longevity is good and smells like a more expensive brand.

Give it a try!

Limpylou
Limpylou

I dig this out for the cooler (hah, Florida in October) months and ALWAYS get compliments, especially from men.

It lasts, does not smell "cheap" and also has a great looking bottle. It is still available on eBay! So don't give up, those who enjoy this (unfortunately) discontinued fragrance.

And be kind to Avon; they are full of surprises, for some of you fragrance snobs!

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Yes, this smells somewhat like Avon's Passion Dance but much more refined. The rose is gone and my beloved patchouli took its place. I did enjoy it when it was 1st launched. =)

U can follow me on YouTube @ BeautyOnSale

This reminds me of Bijan's Wicked, but without the Aquanet opening. Rouge gets straight to the good stuff.
Good stuff being peppery patchouli, osmanthus (absent from Wicked) and watery lotus.
This is a modern chypre. Soft, but earthy and assertive.

divasg

Would anyone be interested to sell or swap their bottle of Avon Rouge? I have been searching high and low but no such luck!

Osusanna
Osusanna

I don't know what to make of this one. It's spicy alright but it still has a clean fresh element to it plus some patchouli and in all I don't think it's that different in style to any of the Prada fragrances that are out there now. I can't imagine an age range being attributed to wearing this because it smells not unlike what is popular at the department store EXCEPT that there is no vanilla. It's too bad it's been discontinued. I wear a few spritzes to work each morning and it doesn't last long on me. It's got a nice citrus kick to it.

Gaia_88
Gaia_88

peony and pepper is a huge mess. i do not like it at all, in fact, it's quite disturbing.
on me i only smell pepper, and I hate is very very much. i guess it's my body chemistry, but it's so sour and acid on me. it's very weird since i'm a sucker for strong crazy perfumes, womanity being one of them...

divasg

Oh yes... This spicy, delicious, classy goodness in a gorgeous mysterious bottle! It is only for the fearless lady who dares to strut her heart out... Extreme muskiness but leaves a lingering sensual trail. Designed to make naughty thoughts in your head... Love love love!

By the way, is it true that this is being discontinued? Can an Avon rep please confirm this?

sally.west1
sally.west1

One of my "going out" perfumes. Sexy in a discreet way, warm and alluring with a spicy peppery kick. A grown-up floral with a glowing heart - smells much more expensive than it is - recommended. Because of the orange notes and the spice this is a lovely Christmas/Winter perfume. The sillage is good and it lasts a long time on me - I don't need to re-apply this on a evening out.

dezaval
dezaval

Totally winter fragrance. Spicy and woody with sweet and sensual notes of patchouli, fruits and flowers. Somehow it smells like berries. It turns to be sweet in a sophisticated way. I like it! I take many compliments for it. It lasts really long and its silage is great too.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Absolutely delicious it smells of roses & berries with a warm spicy undertone. It is passionate & fiery but settles into a warm spicy musky scent after 20 minutes or so. By far one of my favourite perfumes. It is deep & captivating and one to wear if your out to impress. Seductive & smells rather expensive.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

I tend to buy Avon scents when they go on clearance, at $9 a pop you can't go wrong!

A rep gave me her bottle of this as she didn't like it, and although it is not my "normal" type, I love it. I tend to wear it to the office as many people in my area do not like the gourmand/vanilla type I also wear.

This just smells to me like your typical spicy classy fragrance for professional women. It is sophisticated, has great silage, and I've had many compliments on this from men.

I would wear it to the office and it is a fall/winter scent.

Regina Weaver
Regina Weaver

To be frank my first impression was not favourable. At the very beginning I found it a bit too strong, harsh, a dissonant mixture of flowers. Fortunately I kept experimenting with it, gave it time and finally let it develop into a nice clean and creamy scent. And last but not least the bottle is just beautiful!

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Too much pepper and patchouli!

busik
busik

And for me it is the most neutral smell I've ever smelled in my life. And it sounds to me a neutral, you can at the office, for a walk on the beach but not in the evening.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

This frag was a blind buy. I sprayed it and immediately got a headache and became nauseated. I gave it away after 1 wear and I dont regret it. Terribly strong.

sweet_shaleen
sweet_shaleen

I used to hate it at first because it smelled too much like cloves and I hate cloves. After a while, it became my go to fragrance. After the spicy smell settles, there's a woody, warm sent to it. I really loved it.

debush
debush

smells lasts, perfect for winter

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Please bring it back :'( I smelled this on my aunt's dresser and it was sadly an almost empty bottle... I really want to buy it but the idiots discontinued it.
Shame on you Avon!

mellymel
mellymel

I love it!! My mom bought it because she liked it and at first I found it too weird. But now, after a few snifs, I keep on wanting to smell it and I just love it! I have the same feeling with Anais Anais Cacharel. But anyway, these perfumes are more suitable for women than girls.

lalalala
lalalala

my mom loves this! i hate it! it's too peppery (spicy)!

jenny2301
jenny2301

I dont know I have given this perfume lots of chances and it smells too old ladyish for me...I am 24 and I like younger scents.Maybe when I am older but for now I will pass

mizlover1
mizlover1

my mother inlaw got this for me a few yrs ago...at first i was like...yuck( i wasnt used to peppery scents) then i gave it a chance..and loved it.AND BTW...ITS TRUE..EVERYTIME I WEAR THIS HUBBY SAYS ooh mama u smell goooood.heheheee..its weird cause i wear dif scents everyday..and only this one he says something about. hmm!

id
id

I was hoping to get more pepper but this note didn't come out loud. Instead, all I got was peony, jasmine and a silent accord of musk and oranges. I like lotus but I couldn't find it in this fragrance. The lasting power is not acceptable for me and the smell is quite ordinary even to be a casual fragrance.

micheb
micheb

LOL, BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL (2008) WHEN I WORE THIS PERFUME TO SCHOOL I RECEIVED A LOT OF COMPLEMENTS. BUT WHEN I BOUGHT IT THIS YEAR,(2011) IT DIDN'T SMELL THE SAME, I DON'T KNOW IF A SCENT OF A PERFUME CAN EXPIRE BUT LATER ON IN THE DAY IT SMELT WEIRD. MAYBE, BECAUSE I GOTTEN USE TO IT.

smartypants1562000

Maybe september oct nov dec. fall and winter months availability only??? I read another post that said september..... hoping they're right................Pretends to bite nails till then.....

smartypants1562000

this was discontinued by avon .Makes me soooooooo sad. Avon reps please tell corporate to bring this one back for the holidays. There's so many of us that will buy it again! PLEEEEEASE !!!!

its true that men do love this spicy/peppery scent. i wore this to work last night and on my way out the door hubby said Oh, you smell good. he always seems to like when i wear this. i find this bold, but not brash. dry down is fresh, feminine and clean. i love peony and its really lovely in this fragrance.

Kione
Kione

I LOVE IT, I had a sample ages ago and I don't know why it took me so long to test it! Is warm, sexy and elegant! Smeels a bit soapy too but in a good way, smells clean. I will deffinitely buy it! I was looking for a warm fragrance for rainy days and I have eventually found it!!

I edit to say that I didn't last more than an hour on my skin, but I like it so much that because its less pricey than other perfumes I am still buying it and put some in a decanter to keep reaplying if needed.

Edit again that I applied it today and couldn't stop smelling my wrists, that it has stayed quite long, put it some 8 hours ago and still get some whiffs. AND it really reminds me of Miss Dior Cherie! but less spicy, which is another one I love.

Edit again: everytime I spray this on smells different! but always good, today for some reason I notice the waterlily the most...

greystone
greystone

I love the smell of this scent on my wife.It is with out a doubt one of my favorite perfumes in her collection.I wish she would wear it more often.Ive even sprayed it on myself just to smell it.

smartypants1562000

Ladies, the guys seem to really like this one ! My husband follows me around the house sniffing me whenever I wear it. He says" La croix rouge is so awesome". I dont know why people on this site are saying that it doesn't last. It lasts a long time on me.

fatale
fatale

It's similar Avon ''Passion Dance''.

Belil
Belil

I really wanted to love this, because most of the listed notes are my favourites.
On my skin this smells like some weird cacophony that tries hard to be an interesting scent and fails miserably. On fabric (sleeve cuff) it's slightly better, softer and creamyer. But I think this just lacks something, I'm not against some boring scents, I actually love many of those that are considered boring, but not this one.

This doesn't have good lasting quality and is not outstanding either. It's just one more of those fragrances that are around plenty.

irarai
irarai

this is a beautiful fragrance by avon its dark mysterious and lovely and perfect for night and winter. its captivating!

fanciful
fanciful

Actual notes:

TOP: pepper, peony, orange
MIDDLE: tulip, waterlily, plum blossom, carnation, osmanthus
BASE: musk, oakmoss, cashmere wood, patchouli

lilou
lilou

Warmer and sexier than Absynthe, bottle as nice as the green one, Red is better but it doesn't last.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

It is one of my top favorite feminine fragrances by avon.
Personally i am not a huge of avon fragrances because there is too much monotonous in them.
But this one really stands out, gives me the feeling of absolute refreshness and luxury with soft and girlish appeal.
Great amalgam of citrus fruits esp. oranges and sweet flowers. Perfect for day as well as night in winters. can be easily worn by lady of any age and at any occasion. Simply lovable
Dark colored attractive yet simple bottle.
Good silage with decent longevity.
Overall i give it 8.2 out of 10.

guest_gazelle
guest_gazelle

I really fell in love with this fragrance first time I sprayed it on. Reading some of the reviews is helping me to identify the components little by little. But some of the reviews make me wonder if indeed it stinks like bitter or bad oranges to others, since I don't get compliments. I love chypres. They have a life/personality of their own. When I was on hormones a few years ago, some chypres did stink on me. I've been following comments on Fragantica for over one year; but this is my first time to comment. I love fragrance and would be embarrassed to confess the number of fragrances I own. I have read of some "Sisters" who own over 50. I feel at home at Fragantica. At 67, I've slowed down buying because I'm afraid my children would sell them at a 25 cent yard sale table when I'm gone. All three have allergies to scent!

marcela86
marcela86

Love the bottle, but the fragrance is not for me! It smells expensive, but too strong, almost masculine. For me this is a green aromatic scent, not seductive and feminine at all. I was expecting something else from this beautiful bottle. I love peony and I can't feel it in here, too bad!

MMC
MMC

Esse perfume fixa muito.Eu não gostei dele por ser muito parecido ao Diamonds Giorgio armani que eu também não gosto.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Ooh, the opening of Rouge is juicy orange mixed with a little bitter orange peel, tart, juicy, sweet. As it dies down the peony peeks through for me only a bit. What I do love is the way the aquatic floral helps to balance the whole composition. It goes from sweet & zesty to that lovely lotus flower and then....... I also notice a slight spiciness from the carnation and pepper which really awakens the senses. Rouge is like a fresh acquatic renewal laced with a spicy, hot elegant punch, all in a gorgeous red bottle (a little contradictory, but it works!)

RkrChk
RkrChk

I LOVE IT! Rouge starts out green & citrusy on me...The lotus serenely opens up, inviting the osmanthus to stay a while...The drydown is delicious with the cashmere wood, and the right amount of musk and patchouli...It totally works on my skin & chemistry...I'm sad it's been discontinued & getting hard to find...

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

I love this! This is beautiful and mysterious.

LaCroix, Sweetie, LaCroix!! I first heard this name on BBC's 'AbFab' and equated it with loud and garish ensembles that looked nasty even on rich people. Be that as it may, his scents are simply scrumptuous and don't let the fact this was an Avon collaboration turn you off...

This begins with a burst of peonies surrounded in zesty orange peel and pepper, floral yet lush and warm. The heart is where the florals blossom and enchant: the softness of Amazon water lily, smooth sweet tulips and the subtle spice of Spanish carnations entwine with osmanthus' richness and plum blossom's floriental fragrance to produce a stunning mix that doesn't (surprisingly) smell like a flower shop. This is an elegant and very well mixed scent that has just the right amount of citrus and spice, and has an awesome floral body and despite seven floral notes is amazingly light and energetic. The base becomes a mysterious and exotic mix of patchouli leaves (not oil) and musk with cashmere wood's unique aromatic quality. This one is enchanting, voluptuous and rich, a wonderful high quality scent for a very good price...

Sillage: very good
Longevity: Incredible
Overall: 3.75/5

This is an extremely good perfume and shows Avon is not just for old ladies anymore. This is a vibrant, sexy scent that will leave you wanting more after it fades...manifique!

pansylady
pansylady

I don't usually like peony scents very much,because they sometimes seem a little too juvenile for me, but I do like this one! The bergamot notes are refreshing, and the overall effect is warm and enchanting- I think it would be nice all year round! I think it could have better staying power, though-

I like this fragrance. It reminds me of Paloma Picasso but for much less money.

Vanillaprincess
Vanillaprincess

In fact, I'm testig this stuff at this very moment. For me the opening is nearly ok, but it has a little bit disturbing element.
After five minutes - on my skin - it turns to a horrible, soapy scent, very similar to a dishwasher-soap, which is aviable in my country.
It settles down to very sharp scent, I got a headache because of it.
On me, the lasting power is incredibly poor. I have never tested a perfume with a staying like this. After around ten minutes the scent is gone, leaves nothing behind.
Too bad, I thought, I would like it.

nyoka
nyoka

i really like this fragrance.i love peonies and they come bursting fort,as it settles there is a very pronounced water lilly smell.makes it smell like spring on reelfoot lake where the beautiful flowers poke their heads up from the blue water.it has a lovely woodsy dry down,like walking thru the forrest.the price is right and its a pretty bottle.

rithacha
rithacha

Not a fan of this, sorry. I think the notes look like they should work . . . but the balance is off. I feel like the top is too heavy and the base is too weak. The opening is overly sharp and vaguely green with an overdose of pepper that makes me want to sneeze. Throughout the composition, the poor peony and lotus try (oh yes they try) to keep the pepper and patchouli in check, but die in the process. The upshot of that grand stuggle is that the florals sadly wane off into dust and the pepper/patchouli sulkily waters down and shuffles off. Tragic.

Finally, I think the notes are highly synthetized, as they seem overly chemical and jarring to my nose.

guest_cloths pin man
guest_cloths pin man

OK, us guys know you ladies love to were perfume's, and us guys love a sexy smelling lady, in fact that's how i came across this site, I'm looking for something really nice for my wife.

I need to replace her bottle of Rouge with something else, this stuff "Reeks Bad", the other night a bunch of our friends came over and my wife had gotten a bottle of this stuff as a gift and was passing it around to all the ladies to test out, so they started spraying down with it :( OMG

To sicking strong, not one of us guys liked it, we went out in the back yard just to get away from it.

I'm no caveman and know a good perfume when i smell it, but Rouge just smells like they mixed a bunch of left over perfumes together, put it in nice red bottle and slapped a name on it!

c3c
c3c

I know ginger isn't listed in the description, but to me this smells like freshly cut ginger with a small amount of other spices added in the background. Very spicy and different. I couldn't wear it but it's definitely a fragrance worth smelling once, just for the experience.

laura.poison
laura.poison

unique scent, feminine but not sweet, floral but captivating... with some spices and just a touch of musk...elegant, subtle, wonderful

eranaral
eranaral

Flowery/Peppery/Woody and warm. It opens up with a hint of orange peal. It lasts min of 5 hours but sits very close to the skin. It provides a little spice and comfort for the fall season. But it really can be worn any time of year except really hot summer days.

gucci
gucci

this fragrance is worth buying long lasting, and nice smelling of course. But i do have to say it smells alot similar to STILL by Jennifer Lopez

guest_angel
guest_angel

This is a real surprise - very light and sweet, a lovely note of oranges at first which I just adore, wish it lasted longer! The orange soon fades and you're left with a very pleasant sweet floral scent that you could easily wear to work, it's so unobtrusive. I like it.

Catsnstuff
Catsnstuff

Ugh. It reminded me of a disliked palmolive shampoo - harsh, and unpleasant. I couldn't even pick the individual notes past this impression of "yuck", and whatever the unpleasantness, it didn't fade throughout the day.

guest_Resse26
guest_Resse26

Best Perfume form Avon, Rouge holds its smell for hours well worth buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vivi
Vivi

I tried this in a small sample bottle. I liked it & my husband liked it. That's probably because we are old ppl. lol. But I don't know if this would be my favorite, maybe one of my favorites, as I prefer white florals usually.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I decided to try Rouge after being impressed by Avon's Absynthe. Of these two Christian Lacroix collaborations, I still think Absynthe is my favorite. Rouge isn't bad, but it just goes on a bit too sweet for my taste, with pronounced juicy fruit aromas. It's really overwhelming on me for the first hour or so. The sweet orange stands out in an obvious way and doesn't seem to blend well with the rest of the fragrance.

However, once the sweet top notes fade, a nice peppery wood aroma that I adore begins to emerge. This phase of Rouge almost reminds me of Clinique Aromatics Elixir or some other woody/floral chypre scent. The dry-down on Rouge is truly lovely, florals dancing with wood and musk for the next couple hours.

The Sillage on this fragrance is good, but the persistence is slightly less than average. I get about four to five hours at most.

Props to Avon for trying something different with this scent. It's worth a sniff for fans of the Chypre Floral category if you don't mind a little fruit on top of your woods and flowers.

sarselia
sarselia

ugly ugly!
i gave this perfume to someone else because it had a too old smell for me.it was too hard for me to bear it.

Viyella
Viyella

I like this perfume for a winter day, but it doesn't last long at all. I only had the testers, and didn't buy the whole bottle. I think it was expensive as you have to keep re-applying, not good value for money.

ruxxy
ruxxy

the best perfume that avon has made, doesn't smell cheap like the others

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Not a sweet fragrance, infact it's quite dry. Very confident though, with subtle florals and rich spices. Doesn't have great lasting power but I like it and may buy it again. The bottle has been designed well and looks really expensive. My husband LOVES this scent!

SleepyAVON
SleepyAVON

I Love this frangrance and so does my Mom! It smells like feminine with a little spice! The bottle is gorgeous.

klee0206
klee0206

I love this; it makes me feel glamourous yet still retains a youthful aura. The pepper in it gives it a bit of zing which is perfect. Its smell somehow reminds me of a sparkling drink, and I think it is mainly that quality that keeps me coming back to it time and time again. So beautiful! I also find it lasts all day.

crysna
crysna

Smells wonderfull! my mom and i were very pleased with the fragrance, pure elegance i feel like i'm the model with the gorgeous red dress hehehe. ladies give it a try, u won't regret it at all! and 4 me last long time, even in my clothes much more

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I'd rate Rouge a 2.5 out of 5 stars. It's not great and not bad either. To me it smells a bit like Avon's discontinued Rare Sapphires with some citrus notes added in. It didn't smell anything like the page in the Avon book (which I thought smelled like a weak Fendi). Rouge doesn't have much sillage, it lies very close to the skin. The lasting power isn't very good at all, & it doesn't stick to fabric at all. The bottle isn't original and in fact it looks suspiciously similar to VW's Anglomania bottle. Also at $32.00 it's quite expensive for an Avon perfume (by Christian LaCroix or not). I won't repurchase.

CyanIsland
CyanIsland

I feel so sexy wearing this, it really captured my imagination when I first tried it.

kimbobaloobob
kimbobaloobob

I Have It, It Smells Really Nice And The Smell Lasts

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

i want this one too. the opening is long and strong with very sweet orange oil scent, tamed by peony and you can catch a bit of the white pepper. later it becames softer and more feminine. the bottle is darker red and not so transparent like at the photo.

it will be available by avon ladies (distributers) from midst September.

2007

Christian Lacroix Rouge by Avon 3.26 out of 5 based on 432 ratings and 78 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Christian Lacroix Rouge fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Christian Lacroix Rouge, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Christian Lacroix Rouge by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Christian Lacroix Rouge by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.