Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

City Rush for Her Avon for women
dislike

City Rush for Her Avon for women Videos
City Rush for Her Avon for women Pictures

In autumn 2012 Avon is launching fragrant pair City Rush advertised by popular actress and model Milla Jovovich and male model Carlos Casia Grande.

The new fragrant pair is announced for autumn 2012 as the most coveted fragrance to thrill the fans of Avon. The most prominent notes in women's fragrance City Rush for Her are juicy and dark gourmand aromas of plum, sophisticated scent of black dahlia and creamy layer of woody note. Complementary compositions are available in the same form of glass flacon with stylish letter C in the front part.

Besides fragrance City Rush for Her available as 50ml EDP, you can also obtain accompanying body care products – perfumed body lotion and shower gel.

Plum Bergamot Ivy

Dahlia Rose Vanilla orchid

Woody Notes Patchouli Musk

Guilty
60's Mod

City Rush for Her Fragrance Reviews

ellina1984
ellina1984

I had tested this in the past and hated it. For some reason I could only smell men's cologne.
I revisited it today, and I love it! The plum is very prominent in the beginning, with a woody undertone, and some kind of sweet spice, vaguely bringing to mind cinnamon. At this stage it is ever so slightly sweet. After a few minutes this becomes very pleasantly sweet. It is a sweetness evocative of both fruit and florals. There's some kind of musk, and vanilla, too, and a very welcome powderiness. Very pretty, elegant and inoffensive. This would be ideal for office use, or for those times when you don't feel like making a statement with your perfume. This behaves well in the heat, too (I should know - it's 31 degrees C todayi in Corfu!).

nazza28
nazza28

A very linear powdery plum/patchouli combo. Generally I wouldn't gravitate towards Avon scents, but this is quite nice. Good scent for layering with in my opinion. I wouldn't imagine someone who doesn't like powdery scents would enjoy this that much as it's powdery from the start

lizettchen
lizettchen

its actually a disappointment. i can't see where the city is neither the rush...There is just a plain plum. The only highlight in it is Milla Jovovich, but you can't smell her, so... i'll pass. Sorry

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Nice and perfect for office, but I'd rather appreciate it on someone else, not on myself - monotonous plum-like scent that does not develop overtime. Sad, because the idea for the perfume is great and on scented pages it smells great. All in all, it's worth a try.

emi
emi

Chocolate covered plums or cherries plus hint of patchouly. Like it.

Lape_snape
Lape_snape

This was a huge disappointment after the reviews - I smell no Gucci Guilty at all. It's a bland, sweet, mild, neutral feminine scent. No hint, no intrigue, no nothing. Sorry, but there's nothing about the city rush.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

I received a sample of Avon's City Rush in a swap (thanks CathieH!) and have enjoyed testing it. It's a lovely fragrance.

It starts out with the lovely bergamot which quickly gives way to the juicy plum and creamy sandalwood. As a counterpoint to this sweet creaminess, the ivy provides a green edge with a trace of freshness to balance out the composition.

It is woody, floral, warm and comfortable. I agree with what some other reviewers have said, in that it feels more like country stroll than city hustle. Quite delicious.

fivetwo
fivetwo

I got this in a set from my Dad and Step Mum for Christmas. Every year I tell them not to buy me perfume and every year they do but never the sort I like - I prefer sweeter smells whereas my tep Mum likes wood and floral scents. However I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I can't see myself wearing it often but it's a nice change from my other perfumes.

candel tears
candel tears

love it sooooo much

MsS
MsS

Feels good, I smell only plum, patchouli and sandal wood. Nice perfume, not very avon-like

Nimboo
Nimboo

My first Avon perfume sample, and I was pleasantly surprised.
Soft and creamy 'fruity floral' - indeed echoing hints of 'Gucci Guilty'.

Orshi
Orshi

Thank you everyone!:) I was a bit worried to buy this even though 44 people said it smells like Guilty by Gucci (which I always wanted).I should not have doubted you guys, it really smells like it! This is the first Avon perfume I love. I'm so happy!

truffles
truffles

Was sent a little free sample of this from an Ebay seller today.
It's not my idea of an oriental - WTH is it with those top notes?! Ugh, weird!
Mind you, I really didn't like Gucci Guilty either, which this one is apparently like.
After a while, that horrible top layer fades away and this frag becomes quite.. nice..
Finally, you're left with that generically Avon musky floral.
C'mon Avon, make something impressive!

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

First sniff I thought it was 'just ok', nothing special... later in the day the 'just ok' smell developed into silky, sugary plum, with a vanilla creaminess and a trace of woods.
Worth asking an Avon rep for a sample, it's not bad.

sygrid29
sygrid29

a nice cheap perfume with a wonderful medium sillage. i just wish that they should have made this more stronger so that others can detect and see the beauty of avon city rush but im not complaining at least this doesn't smell sickly sweet!

FunkyTomo

This has got to be THE best Avon release of recent years. Scent , longlevity and projection are all above average. I used up my bottle last winter. The body products are very nice too , so just ordered a new set.

My friend who wears and is a little bit of label snob couldnt believe this scent is Avon.

Definitely worth a try....This was a staple of mine last A/W and wil be in heavy rotation this year too.

cookies1
cookies1

Very sexy,plum on the wood base.Dense,sweet and bitter at the same time.Great for fall,for scarfs wrapped around your nack scented with this little devil.
My sencerely recommendations.Do not underestimate him, only because it is Avon

M.Golightly
M.Golightly

For real fragrance enthusiasts, brand is a fallacy simply because if you take away all the glitter and fancy packaging you are only left with the potion. As one good example of Avon's 'City Rush' and Gucci's 'Guilty.'

Now I am guilty for writing that I have not sample Guilty but why bother when the reviews here already mentions that it is selling because of the media hype made by Gucci. Skip all of that and get City Rush instead. Yes I am guilty of purchasing City Rush because reviewers mentioned the similarities of it to Guilty but better. Sounds like "The other Boleyn Girl"?

Enough chit chat and lets get into the core of the fragrance. Everyone has written plum opening but enough of it to make anyone want to smell you and get closer. The drydown is my favourite when it starts to smells dense (in a good way) with it's woodsy patchouli notes.

At time I base my fragrance reviews on pairing it with personality.

Who do I see wearing this?

This fragrance is the complete opposite of the carefree lady who wears Dior's 'Cherie'. This lady knows what she wants. She is bold and sexy but also alluring. Hahaha I don't want her to sound like a tramp but you get the drift. A warm fragrance that opens up lovely at night or cooler months.

Word of advice. With fragrances like this one should not be over zealous, never over spray as it always ends up heady. Twice is enough to make you alluring and not over bearing.

Merci xox

zolitagirl
zolitagirl

At initial spray I get a blast of fresh woodsy- very nice actually. It smells assertive and like a woman who is busy doing thing and know what she wants, maybe a woman with a slightly masculine mind but who is essentially still very feminine. Then I get the plum coming through in a discreet way...lovely and warm and wintery sexy...I can imagine sitting by the log fire sipping wine in Winter in Alaska with this one....I can't smell the dahlia...Perhaps these touches are subliminal..I like the ivy in it. its not noticeable but it gives it a certain "je ne sais quois" that I like. For me Ivy is like a foundation masculine kind of thing that stops the perfume being too tenn-ager-ey. I like that dash of seriousness....My favorite part is later when the vanilla orchid kicks in- the plum grows stronger but never gets too crazy sweet. This woman wears sophisticated clothes - nothing too girly or frilly and she looks chic in casual clothes sitting by the fire. It is a winter fall day and night fragrance for the woman who knows what she wants and is comfortable in her own skin...Melikes very much....
: )

sweefa
sweefa

Not sure what to think about City Rush. It's rather light on me and the first moment reminds me of Avon's 60s mod, though the latter has a much stronger appearance. City Rush is more polite and girlish but the plum note is the same.
After a few minutes some nice wood joins the plum juice and gentle flowers make it soft and airy. Over time vanilla keeps growing and surprisingly it gets fresher in the base.
I like the last stage when it smells like slightly sweet and friendly jasmine with a hint of plum on a musky vanilla bed. Longevity is pretty good, sillage rather low.

Tsukinohime
Tsukinohime

I was inspired to try this after reading the glowing reviews here on Fragrantica, and promptly bought myself a bottle when it went on sale on the lastest Avon brochure. For only $20, it was almost a no brainer purchase. I kept my expectations at a mininum to avoid disappointments, so here goes:

First let me start with the bottle. It's a compact, square shaped glass with a large letter "C" and product name printed at the front. It looks simplistic and utterly urban, which suits the name perfectly. The cap made annoying squeaking sounds when you try to take it off, but as one reviewer points out, it could easily taken care of by rubbing some baby oil.

Now for the fragrance itself. On first sniff from the nozzle, I can tell that this is NOT a sugary sweet concoction which the industry churn out by the dozens these days, so I say, thank God! I eagerly spritz it on my wrist and once the alcohol evaporated somewhat, it turns into a soft, woody floral tinged with fruity sweetness. There is also some spicy tang which add a refreshing feel to the fragrance. It goes on for a good 6 to 7 hours before mellowing down to a patchouli woody base. The base itself lasted indefinitely until you wash it off so it is safe to say that this is a VERY longlasting fragrance. This is amazing given Avon's rather bad reputation of making so-so perfumes with next to zero longevity. The composition itself is pretty elegant and could be described in many ways, but cheapy is certainly NOT it.

Some reviewers here said that this smells like Gucci Guilty. I think I tried it once while perfume shopping not too long ago, but I can only remember it vaguely as I tried at least a dozen perfumes that day. One thing I can attest to however is the poor longevity. It fades to a skinscent in just an hour after application. The price is also pretty steep. I think it is about 5 times what I paid for City Rush. So if you can look past the brands I suggest you do yourself a favor and get City Rush instead. You won't be disappointed, or if you do at least it won't burn a hole in your pocket! But honestly at such a price, this is more than meets the eye! This is the thing with Avon, they make perfumes that are mostly mediocre and boring, but once they got it right, they did it with flying colors! I highly suggest getting this before they discontinue it! I don't know why, but Avon loves doing that...

City Rush for Her is one of those fragrances that I enjoy smelling up close, but from a distance something just doesn't smell quite right.

It's fruity, sweet and musky on my skin. For an inexpensive scent it isn't half bad, however the musk accord is unfortunately a little cheap and synthetic. The juicy plum accord is nice though.

The ivy, dahlia and patchouli provide an interesting richness, and I must admit that the drydown is more my cup of tea with less plasticky musk. It might be a good idea to layer this fragrance with another patchouli or plum based scent to cancel out that strange musk accord.

I think many would be pleasantly surprised upon smelling City Rush for Her. According to some, it's a good knock-off of Gucci Guilty. I don't see it, but each to their own.

The projection is moderate, and the lasting power good. It's definitely one of the better Avon scents.

Latindancer
Latindancer

I actually kinda love this, despite hating most of the other avon fragrances i've tried! It opens with a strong blast of VODKA- like smell, i could almost swear vodka is one of the top notes! It feels like walking into a chic night club, ready for party. And the the plum makes its entrance, bold and lasting, as the vodka slowly fades into the background. Plum takes over and oh my, it is intoxicating and seductive, very gourmand, i couldn't stop sniffing my wrist and wanting to take a bite... It is sweet, but not cloying, and i hate sweet bubble gummy fragrances but this is a very pleasant kind of sweet. Then very slowly the woody notes creep in, blending well with the plum, giving it some warmth and taming it's presence a little, but in a very complimentary way. All in all a very well made fragrance for such a good price. Definitely gonna enjoy my bottle, will see how others like it when i first wear it out, hopefully soon.

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

When this perfume dries down it smells like Guerlain
Idyll

Mollydelovely
Mollydelovely

Received a small sample of this and I am pleasantly surprised. City Rush has great staying power and is very classy. Definitely a warm scent and as such it would be ideal to wear during the autumn/winter months, but as it smells so yummy I am planning on wearing it now! One of the better Avon perfumes.

christine_g80
christine_g80

I sprayed my aunt's gucci guilty on my right wrist and this one on the other. Oh my god! It is a perfect dupe of gg! Plus, my boyfriend couldn't stop sniffing me. He said it smelled sexy. :) Really happy with my purchase. I plan to buy another bottle real soon since I'm sure I'll be using this more often.

nickary
nickary

I've joined Fragrantica for quite some time now and have never written a review before— but with City Rush for Her, I feel compelled to! This is going to start with a back-story, so read below the line if you'd rather just skip the narrative and get to the review.

Anyway, this was given to me as a gift from a friend. And honestly? I've always had a slightly off image about Avon products (but this is just because I thought only my old aunts used the stuff), so naturally the negative impression I had on the perfume probably swayed me not to like this fragrance.

The first time using it, I was heavily overwhelmed. It seemed like I was blasted with a bittery caramel bomb and caused my eyes to wince. Instantly put it down and left it at the sides of the beauty table.

But then a week later (after having the bottle just innocently looking back at me from the corners), I thought I should give it another chance. So one light spritz later, I found myself delightedly surprised... I was starting to really, really like it! It was then that I realize my bias towards this brand almost caused me to toss away a real beauty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top notes are definitely plum, but like I mention before, there are traces of caramel that laces it's delivery. Vanilla even? Possibly. All I know for sure is that I see it as one creamy concoction that exudes spice and aroma in all the right spots. The dry down is powdery... But not in an offensive way if you're like me and those type of smells usually put you off.

This gorgeous scent can seem heavy but is extremely generous (i.e. ONE LIGHT TAP would be enough) and has longevity of up to 8 hours, so you're certainly getting your value-for-money with this winner! Although the sillage of City Rush for Her is pretty moderate, it's seductively teasing aura will ensure anyone who catches a whiff will want to get closer to you (I can testify because I've definitely gotten some compliments!).

Fragrance itself would present more as to mature audiences— the bottle on the other hand, looks a tad tacky and a whole lot juvenile. Plastic cap may squeak when you pop it off, but that's nothing a little baby oil can't help silence.

Overall, it's a great scent that's worth looking into. It's elegant sophistication in liquid form and perfect for nights out in the towns under any weather. A big thumbs up from a new Avon-convert!

sophisticated
sophisticated

I genuinely can't find any difference between this one and Little red dress, not to mention that for me, there's a hint of difference between LRD and Little black dress to begin with, I can't believe all these are under the same brand!! I mean they're all nice, will I buy them? I might but not necessarily, so why make lots of versions that smell the same?

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Another gift perfume and ohhh its so off from what i like =( At first sniff all i get is plum moonshine... LOL - seriously it smells like an alcoholic plum drink. After that its more citric and fresh with a woody undertone. Its not bad if u are looking for something a bit more grownup but fresh. The problem for me with AVON and most non expensive perfumes is that they use very few ingredients and so it lacks the depth and complexity that u would get from a big name perfume such as Prada, Chanel ....and so on. But if u are on a tight budget and reapply it after a few hours u will be able to pull it off.

Another thing that i wanted to mention - i got the matching shower gel and body lotion with it as well. The shower gel i love but it smells nothing like the perfume, its almost masculine and very citrusy. Its very refreshing i must say. Now about the body lotion...it is closer to the perfumes smell but very very faint. The predominant smell is of Avon classic body lotion with a pinch of plum and citrus added. All in all its ok if u don't have high expectations from it.

Update - May 31st 2013

I finished the shower gel a few days ago and I must say i'm missing it. =( It was so zesty and refreshing. It really made me feel refreshed and squeaky clean.

The lotion is still on my nightstand and i'm using it on and off. As far as lotions go, this one gets the job done.

Now about the perfume itself - 1st of all, when i don't like to wear a perfume i end up using it as a room fresher - i did the same thing with this one and eh it was ok but not 2 much longevity...and then one day when there was a breeze coming through the open window i had the idea to spraying it on the curtains themselves...and WOW!

The first couple of hours it just smelled like plums and ivy and a bit flowery... but it slowly died down leaving just the patchouly and woody notes... and it lasted for a few good days. (Granted i did spray a tenth of the bottle to achieve this effect - a couple of puff's wont be enough) I am truly impressed with its longevity on fabric. It is reminiscent of Alien TM - and that one i love =)

I like it now...just not on my skin.

khyrull

For the 2nd day, i get the first compliment from the staff at the counter when i pay my water bill.

khyrull

Ok, after 3 hours, i can still smell it, what i get left is plum,plum,plum in warm way.

khyrull

Just bought City Rush today with promotion price, i would say i like it and grew to start like it even more and more and more once it dries down longer. This is sophisticated, very nice scent, i can smell the flora notes andhe creaminess of the woody notes obviously. I feel comfortable and im wearing it now. The spicynotes blended well an d not too overpowering.i just wishthe a creaminess of the woods conquer the spicy notes and flora on top 7o it be more natural to smell it all day long. I don't know where the fruit can be spotted in this perfume or maybe the plum not a sugary sweet type of fruit, you can tell it coz it the top note and smell flowery to me.

I hope it long lasting the whole day coz it's eau de parfum but for 10,20 minutes right now i can still smell it. Thanks Avon! Oh i bought this coz Milla Jovovich is the cover girl. She is stunningly beautiful and got her very classy act, rame like Angelina Jolie and i try to trust her with City Rush.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I smelled this before I looked at what was in it and my first impressions were...this smells like slightly spiced berries.
I now see that it’s plum. Plum can be a very deep note in some fragrances i.e LouLou and Poison but in this? It’s sweet and smooth and not offensive. I wouldn’t say dark...I’d say..safe plum. It feels a bit more like a night time scent for some reason.
I WISH I could comment on the Black Dahlia...oh how I’d love to know what that smells like on it’s own. All I can say is, the floral in this feels a bit spicy so maybe it’s that? Kind of like a toned down version of carnation? I dunno..I may be wrong.

The woods are not hugely..woodsy, this is more about smooth sweetness. It’s quite inoffensive and is not one that’s going to turn heads, but nice enough.

Not going to be a bottle purchase for me.

RonaRona93

A new flanker City Rush GLAMOUR is coming soon!!!! :)

AgnieseLegrand
AgnieseLegrand

I have just finished my Gucci Quilty and I have to admit that City Rush is almost the same fragrance.The long lasting is even better.City Rush is deeper more sweet and in my opinion more sophisticaded.I feel the sweet,but dark side of plum.It's like a sweet likier with a hint of powder and juicy note.Very good for every day and special ocasions.I'v got lot's of compliments about how do I smell.Mens love it.I prefer Avon than Gucci.Cheaper but sillage is better and it's more sweeter.Good job Avon!

Monroe
Monroe

I know, it's unusual, but it smells like a powder, in my opinion.

małgorzata.kurpiewska
małgorzata.kurpiewska

After looking for a nice perfume for a couple of months, not finding anything without a "but" and worth the price, I decided to go for Avon smells. I ordered 7 samples that I picked relying on opinions here and elsewhere on the Internet - City Rush among them. When I tested it, it reminded me of Gucci Guilty Intense which I loved but didn't buy because of the poor longevity (1,5 hours). Slightly sweet, soft juice - for me something to have close to the skin, perfect for work when I want something warmer but not neccessarily loud and too sweet. It's nothing offensive, just a nice scent, that's it.
50 ml is already on its way to me :)

EDIT: It's not just 3 notes...
Top Notes: Bergamot, Plums and crisp ivy greens.
Middle Notes: Black Dahlia, Rose, and Vanilla Orchids
Base Notes: Creamy Woods, Patchouli Flower and Musk

pickledtink
pickledtink

Puzzled. It's not the simple 3 note fragrance of Plum, Dahlia and Wood as shown here but bridging notes would be expected anyway.
I like the opening very much. Certainly not straight into Plum and on checking there's good old Bergamot in the first kick.
It works with everything so is a safe bet but that's fine.
The Plum didn't exactly excite but hit a little mouth watering tang before softening into the floral. I can't work that one out. I certainly got the Cherry ref' as mentioned here earlier but it's not Cherry. I don't know what it is but I like it and it's one of this brews' redeeming features.
It has to be in the ratio. I'll definitely seek for it next time.
Mid notes: The Dahlia is of course one of those nonsensical synthetics so what we really had was some Rose and a doubtful claim of Vanilla Orchid.
It's Vanilla folks.
No Orchid has ever been anywhere near this in any form.

Then that's it, we're into sweetie factory land. At no point does this claim Tonka but it's here and along with the Vanilla drowns out the hopeful hint of Patchouli. A pity there was not the courage, budget or pertinence to give us some real woods rather than the synthetic blend and a waft of Patchouli. Some real Earth maybe with a little oak-moss and a commitment to Sandalwood could have anchored this effectively. It's a near miss for me.

Not at all offensive and nice enough but too safe and timid in execution to fulfil that first burst of promise. It's cheap though so what can we expect?

However I really had hoped the promise of a fragrance presented in the old style of simple 'good cooking' would take us somewhere raw but back to when Scent was confident and bold.
I'm hunting out and wearing the old Vintages mostly now. They just don't make them like that anymore. So many of these new Designer/Celeb pongs start well and swiftly all come down to smelling exactly the same.
B-O-R-I-N-G.

Naziabegum08
Naziabegum08

Bought this after reading reviews that it smells like gucci guilty, and i can say it smells exactly like gucci guilty once its worn.

Great longevity aswell :)

yammyclink
yammyclink

It smells ok, bit soapy but not worth the money as you think:(

umtaleb
umtaleb

Very nice, warm and woody. Bottle is underwhelming, but can be overlooked at this price point. Right amount of spice and still feminine chic.

hapa
hapa

This is a sweet and subtle fragrance from Avon. It is cool without being cold, floral without being a flower shop and fruity without being a celebrity fragrance aimed at Tweens. I love the simplicity of this and its lack of complications. It's a daytime work appropriate fragrance for any woman.

I feel there are similarities between this and Flowerbomb. There is a shared floral, cool and powdery feel to both but City Rush is more subdued with a bit of plum. When someone is wearing Flowerbomb you know it. When someone is wearing City Rush they just smell nice. Nothing overpowering or offensive here. Wear it for a job interview or to meet the boyfriend's mother for the first time because there is no risk City Rush will overshadow you so the real you can shine through.

If you want something bolder check out Lolita Lempicka or anything from Tom Ford.

RonaRona93

I just got this !! It's amazing perfume !!
It doesn't smells like Gucci Guilty at all , i find it more simmilar to Gucci Envy Me 2 + Gucci Gucci EDT together...
Also i don't get the plum , it find it to smell more like a cherry rather than the plum !!

This is my new favorite fragrance !!!
I just find myself in this fragrance because is powdery , sweet, amber , fruity and sensual- All i want is this bottle !!
It suits more for day time in cold days , i find it very cozy and sensual rather than sexy ! It smells really expensive and very modern too!!

The best from AVON so far :) Love it

cityangel
cityangel

Very city and very cool perfume, I like it very much.

700poodles
700poodles

Fallen leaves in a clear puddle on a sidewalk after a November rain. Beautiful.
And if I bring my wrists close to my nose, those leaves are dry, as if warmed by the sun. This EDP is longlasting, the projection is active, sprinkling, for the first two to three hours I get hit by its raindrops, and an occasional drop can surprise me even after 6 hours. It retains its freshness on clothes for a couple of days. The base of dry leaves that is close to the skin stays warm for more than 8 hours.

Also, I do prefer City Rush to Gucci Guilty: although they are very similar, I don't enjoy the intensive peach note in Gucci.

RonaRona93

The bottle of City Rush and Unplugged is the same !!! Just the color.. and so the notes are !

Btw. i tried City Rush and i'm in LOVE , just love this composition- i purchased it for only 17 eu and comes with body lotion and shower cream.

I agree too , i find the Bottle very good but the color white it's just very cold , something like the juice inside is sharpy white floral... Golden bottle would be perfect !

FunkyTomo

Just got a FB of this.....something about it still reminds me of Freak. This is a good avon frag with a gorgeous plummy wooody scent. , Its long lasting and good sillage ( on my skin ) . This and Far Away Exotic are the 2 best avon releases in 2012 IMO.

I agree with others that have commented that the name and advert image doesnt match the scent though - City Rush - no , it reminds me more of the smells of rural countryside in the autumn/winter. A good inexpensive scent choice for day or evening wear during the cold season.

Mochagirl

My number one favourite from among the newest perfumes on market. I don't like the hype and marketing-craze around it, though, nor the image around this product - city and rush. It's much more of a comforting scent for me, rather in a cottage near the wood, with plum-cinnamon cakes in the oven, just as I wrote earlier. Today I realised that the reminiscence of this long-lasting fragrance (the heart layer) reminds me of an old favourite, Guerlain's L'Instant Magic, which was my signature for a long time. Still, this is much fresher and fruitier than LM, but still has that subtle powdery finish. It's a great surprise that I don't get the suffocatingly sweet and annoyingly simple vanilla note lingering around - which I find so irritating in many Avon and other scents.

karolla28
karolla28

What a surprise! I like Avon, but every scent from Avon it doesn't long lasting, but nice to wear it at home or shopping. But City Rush is quite long lasting. With body cream and shower gel it's nice and elegant composition for my skin. So, I like it! Its worth to buy it.

BlueKitten
BlueKitten

For some nasty reason, even evexpensive fragrances (such as "orange" by boss which is one of my favs) don't last on me. Not at all. So I always ignore the longevity part when I buy one because I know nothing lasts on me. BUT City Rush lasts on my skin quite long, what a pleasant surprise!

Apart that,I get a warm, playfull and sexy in a young way smell. Although it's not expensive, it doesn't smell cheapy. Ok, don't expect a very original smell, but still, I would definitelly buy that again.

The only thing I found weird is the bottle. It doesn't match at all, but I don't really care about it.

Mochagirl

I like it a lot. Warm and creamy, with a nice plum note and a sweetness resembling cinnamon. Elegant and at the same time creates an intimate atmosphere like baking plum-cinnamon cake at home in very cold weather. I just hope that it won't be too sweet in the drydown phase or when used regularly.

Patricia888
Patricia888

It`s real comfort perfume - pleasantly sweet, nurturing warm, like a puffy blanket in the cold winter day:). I really like it. The bottle and the advertissment does not realy match the perfume in my oppinion.

walking in the rain
walking in the rain

It's too much sweet for me. A little bit similar to Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense, on my nose. The bottle doesn't conform with the fragrance, which is dark and evening.

olgina
olgina

it is very very similar to guilty gucci. i like it a lot because it is much cheaper than gucci's perfume.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Recieved a Sample vial from the Avon lady so have given it a whirl - I think they have copied Givenchy Dahlia Noir with this one as it is probably the latest and greatest. I was very dissapointed by dahlia Noir despite all the hype it was a timid weak fragrance with no staying power. These both have the sweet oriental powder cotton-candy type of base which is similar in a way to the original Flower Bomb and Revlon Pink Happiness. With City rush I get heaps of pepper and something magnolia like - reminds me of both SJP lovely and Givenchy Hot Couture. This has alot of leather on my skin which gives it depth and darkness, though I would be surprised if anyone around me could smell it without directly sniffing me. In my opinion the Avon is better value for money.

goldpoint
goldpoint

Here is what i found online: Top notes of bergamot, plum, and crisp ivy greens; Middle notes: Seductive black dahlia, rose, and orchid, and base notes are creamy woods, patchouli flower and silky musk notes.
Also it says that the nose behind City Rush is Annie Buzantian.
I still wonder if this is the same as Unplugged

suile
suile

A pleasant surprise - I find the plum note to be long and lingering. A very modern, fresh fragrance,not very woody. Stays around for a few hours when I wear it.

dormir6
dormir6

It's really similar to Gucci Gultiy, just a little bit deeper, darker, stronger. GG for me is provocative, silky sexy and liqueric, CR is velvety, more mature, and sexy in a clever way.

roses&violets
roses&violets

I have only a sample and from the first sniff - it's quite similar to Love to the fullest from Reese Witherspoon trio. Deep, sensual but I wonder how long it will last.

aysint
aysint

It's not too sweet, not too powdery, not too floral. Middle notes are creamy, base notes are woody. If you don't like sweet French style fragrances -as Givenchy lines, this could be a good choice. You need to wear it 2 hours periods, sillage is pretty soft. It's an Avon fragrance, don't expect miracle. But still very elegant and purse-friendly :)

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

can any one who tested this plz tell me about the Longevity and the sillage??????????????

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

Sophisticated, dark and mysteriously elegant without being over-powering but with a creamy-bitter contemporary edge and subtle floral-fruits. Only a tad powdery but in a good way. Very much like Gucci Guilty but so much cheaper and possibly a tad fruitier.

I like it lots but the bottle design is a huge disappointment.

FunkyTomo

Got a tester vial of this with another avon purchase today. Dabbed it on and the first impression was , mmmm nice perfume , its a BIT like Freak by Illamasqua !!

This perfume probably isnt suitable as a Freak alternative for diehard freak fans , as its not a complete copy/smells like job , but i see the 2 scents have some notes in common.

I have not tested Gucci Guilty yet , must to so soon so i can compare.

I think its the "sophisticated scent of black dahlia" that' giving me the freak vibe . City Vibe get's a "like" from me. Its on special offer with body products n a free evening bag for £12 , so i think its worth a purchase. Like most avons it doesnt last very long , but the scent is nice and i think with the freebies on offer , you could do a lot worse for £12 . . . . . like Avons Fergie Viva , which i found bland n weak , only good for discreet scent lovers!

clairewingate
clairewingate

Was really looking forward to this, got my delivery this morning with samples & 3 bottles ready to demo to customers & hugely disappointed. All i get is a soapy, powdery vanilla smell.

zoe.knap
zoe.knap

A nice cheaper (But still very expensive smelling) alternative for Gucci guilty :)

City Rush for Her by Avon 4.19 out of 5 based on 230 ratings and 65 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon City Rush for Her fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon City Rush for Her, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify City Rush for Her by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of City Rush for Her by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.