Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Derek Jeter Driven Black Avon for men

Derek Jeter Driven Black Avon for men
dislike

Derek Jeter Driven Black Avon for men Pictures

Derek Jeter Driven Black is an oriental woody fragrance from Avon, launched in 2007. It consists of Sicilian bitter orange at the top, Italian bergamot, mandarin and saffron in the heart, and light cedar, Haiti vetiver, Australian sandalwood and Tomboti tree (Spirostachys africana) at the base. The bottle is the same as 2006 Derek Jeter Driven, only in black.

Bitter Orange

Saffron Bergamot Mandarin Orange

Vetiver Sandalwood Virginia Cedar

Derek Jeter Driven Black Fragrance Reviews

cgs92631
cgs92631

this stuff is awful its not what i expected from jeter go back to the lab and rethink this its the most awful thing i have ever smelled

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

My mom used to sell Avon about the same time I started getting big into colognes so because of that I bought this fragrance. At the time I remembering liking it but wanted something more fresh so I sat it aside for a good many years until recently, and the reason I rediscovered it was because my girlfriend must have been bored so I guess she was going through my colognes sniffing them out. Then I come home one day and she says "Hey I really like the smell of this one so you should wear this more"

So after rediscovering this years later and giving this a few more wearings ive really grown to like and appreciate this more and for it being a cheap priced Avon fragrance its actually very nice.

ANYWHO.... Now on to how this smells....

Its a very woody,but fresh fragrance thats slightly powdery and has a sexy,sensual appeal thats perfect for evenings out or even formal occasions. Its also very pleasing and my girlfriend really likes this stuff. I also got a leathery vibe from this so I was disappointed a little when I didnt see leather in the note breakdown.

The performance on this is decent as well. It lasts on me anywhere from 6-8 hours and has above average projection.

All in all im going to rate this a solid 7.25 out of 10 ! Very good frag not only over all but especially at its price range

Also would be a great signature scent as well (especially for someone on a budget) as I can see this being great all year round

Side note: This doesnt smell like but has a very similar vibe to Armani Code but to me its a little fresher and more woody. So if you liked Code but maybe want a fresher or cheaper alternative, give this 1 a shot !

My girlfriend LOVES this stuff!!!

WolfHaleigh
WolfHaleigh

A musk that's not overpowering. It definitely lasts. Among my classy winter evening collection.

hornetz
hornetz

Don't be fooled by the name or the house. DJ Black is actually a very good scent that has a quality blend and projects well. This is a slightly spicy woodsy fragrance where the saffron lends a certain uniqueness in its character. This one is more suited for evenings and is at a reasonable price plus it has gotten me compliments in the past.

jcastano
jcastano

This actually smells really nice. A co-worker of mine wears this and at first I thought he was wearing Love & Luck by Ed Hardy but it smelled woodier and spicier and in the end, I was wrong. One day I finally broke-down and asked what cologne he was wearing and at first he was hesitant to tell me (probably because it's from AVON) but he admitted to it being Driven Black by Derek Jeter. It's a great powdery scent but almost has this aquatic vibe to it. It's smells very fresh, clean, and spicy, but almost smells "cold", as odd as that is. It's hard to explain it because I don't agree with the note pyramid but either way, I recommend this to any guy in high school to even an older gentlemen, it's just that great! Longevity and Sillage is monstrous with this so be careful with the trigger!!! It may be cheap, but it's a great scent nonetheless and believe you me, LADIES GO CRAZY FOR IT!!!

KeithScar
KeithScar

Driven Black is a very underrated scent that will get lot of attention and gain compliments from the ladies. Its a nice woody dark masculine fragrance that lasts a long time. Perfect for night time use

walkdogg
walkdogg

This is definitely the adopted brother of the family.
Not born from the loins of AVON.
IT's got serious game.

Reminds me a lot of Tam Dao...not an exact replica, but very much cousins. Perhaps a "Poor Mans Tam Dao"?

avonman
avonman

Definitely my favorite "mens" fragrance from AVON...starts out juicy orange and after a few minutes transistions into a fresh woody scent that has a subtle sweetness and a light sprinkling of spice...this is one of those fragrances that I feel can be worn day or night...dressed Casually or in your Finest...thanks AVON for bringing this delicious fragrance back!!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Avon does woody fragrances better than aquatics, that's for sure. Still, nothing here is extraordinary enough to really recall beyond the pleasantly-spiced sandal/cedar combo. Driven Black has a sueded feel, and smells perfectly synthetic. Nice, but nothing special. You're better off wearing Mesmerize instead.

guest_Erika
guest_Erika

Bought this scent for my man not knowing the smell and it was a win! I love it very much! Sad it is not for sale in Europe..

Cologne Junkie72
Cologne Junkie72

A good fragrance from Avon.Spicy.and woody.Great for evening,formal,wedding,church,with a nice black suit or just a black sport coat,and khakis.The staying power is not bad either.

sherry99
sherry99

Very clean and fresh ::D But till now no compliments for me cuz it stays to close to my skin.Good for every day use xD

ausamamira
ausamamira

a spicy-clean smell with reasonable sillage and longivity.... it starts very spicy but quickly calmdown to a spicey-kind of sweet-clean smell ... a really good not-overpriced fragrance :)

guest_Alex
guest_Alex

Now this i like, a well use of the word black, rick oriental and spicy without being overwhelming, last for good 5 hours i would use it for a club or a date...

SleepyAVON
SleepyAVON

Very sexy, smells very good! Rich and dark. My husband and I love it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Derek Jeter Driven Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Derek Jeter Driven Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Derek Jeter Driven Black by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Derek Jeter Driven Black by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.