Designers » A » Chypre Floral « Groups

Emprise Avon for women

Emprise Avon for women
dislike

Emprise was launched in 1976 as a chypre - a floral perfume. Top notes are fresh with bergamot and lemon. The heart is floral with notes of jasmine, orris root, lily of the valley and carnation, while the base is made of amber, sandalwood and oak moss.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

Carnation Jasmine Orris Root Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood oak moss Amber

Charlie

Emprise Fragrance Reviews

Henriette
Henriette

I was 15 when I first used it. Having arrived in my perfume wardrobe after Charlie I used to regard Emprise as a poor carbon copy of its Revlon mate.
A few decades after that first impression, I can tell that thought was not totally right.

Charlie is Charlie and I won't discuss it as it was one of my very first perfumed loves so - period.

Emprise was richer in oakmoss and carnation preserving an airiness that Charlie did not have.
Both were the emblem of a generation and both were witness to a moment in our life when we wanted not only to dream of what to do in our life, but most of all we wanted to build solid foundations for our life.

I did.

Also thanks to Emprise (and Charlie).

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I bought this several years ago at a tag sale. The lemon/bergamot top notes appealed to me, but there was something in there(I suspect the carnation) that made me sneeze terribly so I gave it to my sister. Nice bottle!
Update: Recently I asked a man what he was wearing, that smelled so brisk and unusual, and he said he was using "an old Avon perfume my wife doesn't wear anymore, Emprise". So it could work as a male scent, too!

This smells suspiciously like Charlie, and shares several of the same notes. Emprise has more carnation and oak moss to my nose, but I think Avon was copying Charlie when they came up with this one. It unmistakeably comes from the same era.

This scent is a perfect mild blend. It works!!

Sissi
Sissi

This has an Cold and Metallic Opening
consist of Lemon & Bergamot dries to an
spicy subtlety of carnation earthy orris
jasmine blooms with it's androgynous scent
that are bit masculine and feminine and
the delicate Lily of the valley.
the drydown is the usual mossy mix in with
Sandalwood and the sweetness of amber.

70's chic in a bottle i love the design
with it's 70's Futuristic Look and i also look the color very sexy like your in a Disco with orange lights around you

But Sadly this scent falls short to wow
me.

Emprise by Avon 3.73 out of 5 based on 24 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Emprise fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Emprise, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Emprise by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Emprise by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Evyan White Shoulders Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso Pierre Balmain Ivoire de Balmain Avon Occur! Avon Timeless Revlon Intimate Dana Tabu Prince Matchabelli Wind Song Brut Parfums Prestige Faberge Aphrodisia Estée Lauder Youth-Dew Revlon Ciara Clinique Aromatics Elixir Houbigant Chantilly Lanvin My Sin Van Cleef & Arpels First Elizabeth Taylor Passion Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Norell Norell Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles Estée Lauder White Linen