Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Eternal Magic Avon for women
dislike

Eternal Magic Avon for women Videos Eternal Magic Avon for women Videos
Eternal Magic Avon for women Pictures

Eternal Magic arrives on the market in March 2010. Face of this fragrance is actress Zoe Saldana who is, as the house of Avon says, the perfect person for this edition since she radiates with beauty, elegance and grace. The fragrance was inspired by Princess of Monaco rose aromas and it wraps you with notes of rose, iris, velvety vanilla and woody nuances. Creator of the fragrance is Ellen Molner.

Violet Bergamot Pink Pepper

Rose iris Magnolia

Vanilla Woody Notes

Arrogance Les Perfumes Heliotrophine

Eternal Magic Fragrance Reviews

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

An excellent dupe for Hypnose by Lancome !

mystica
mystica

Well, needless to say Eternal Magic has much less depth than Hypnose. It is also more vanilla-ey.
Despite the alcoholic burst, it seems like a "nice" fragrance after the first few spritzes. But it progresses on skin in a very chemical and unpleasant way.

I always give fair reviews for the price, and I am not sure if Eternal Magic worths even its affordable price.
If you like Hypnose, save your money and buy the Lancome.

busebg
busebg

That was a fascinating parfume but now unfortunately it's not being sold in my country anymore.

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

As much as I loved Eternal Magic "Enchanted ", as much as I hated the original one...Red pepper dries to a horrible disaster on my skin & the Iris just adds a sharp note without coming out later to its sexy self ...I remember giving it to Mom & it smelled so pretty on her ...

I guess I can see why people find this similar to Hypnose. The difference to me is that Hypnose is very sweet and heavy whereas Eternal Magic is much softer and more floral. Mostly iris with a touch of white chocolate.

I enjoy the powdery, mild sweetness of Eternal Magic. The vanilla, though dominant, is not overwhelming. Romantic, pretty, dreamy. I'm pretty sure the woody notes are at least partly vetiver.
The lasting power is pretty decent on me. 4-6 hrs. Soft sillage, which I appreciate in a sweeter fragrance.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

A nice floral but nothing like hypnose to me.. I love hypnose but this one has a strong iris that I dont like..

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

On my skin the delicate floral notes pop out...the vanilla is not heavy. It seems to be an airy ethereal scent floating around me. Spring, summer fragrance to make you feel pretty. Last night my daughter's friend got in our van and commented someone smells "REALLY GOOD"...it was me!!

Luthien27
Luthien27

I received this as a gift and initially I get a really harsh alcohol smell & then once it settles it gets really floral & gives me a headache. I don't get any vanilla at all.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

It comes off as a very harsh rubbing alcohol smell in the first few minutes and dies down to a powdery sweet vanilla. It reminds me of Iceberg Twice for women (launched in '95) and revamped as Hypnose a decade later (launched in '05). Over all it is a nice copy but the lasting power is not even close to any of the previously mentioned. U can really only smell it on the skin...a real shame =(

Update - January 19th 2014

I had received another bottle of this edt with my last Avon purchase, for next to nothing, and I was determined to change my previous impression of it.

The only major difference is that with this one i don't smell the alcohol as much as with my previous bottle but the scent still fades in less than 1h and unless u spray the entire bottle on u it's very hard to notice it.

I will probably use it after a bath or before bedtime =)

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

Extremely similar to Lancome Hypnose. But there´s a chemical note I can´t stand much long. I wouldn´t buy it again cause I damaged my love to Hypnose with this fragrance. Nothing can beat the Original.

Hyponse
Hyponse

It really reminds me of Lancomes Hypnose! Powdery and creamy.

SandraV

I've already done a review of this further down but just put it on for the first time in a while and it still lovely...unfortunately is being discontinued:it is in the 'outlet' section of the Avon site.Such a shame-I really like this :(

Clyn11
Clyn11

Very nice for it's price range... for those who like HYPNOSE type. It does smell like Hypnose, maybe 90% alike but with lesser punch. Maybe it's tad sweeter. Sillage is quite good and although it doesn't last long, I enjoyed it for 2.5 hrs :)

flowerycherry
flowerycherry

of of my favourite perfume from avon...
just love it...
i love the enchanted version too...

*_koko_*
*_koko_*

I really like this perfume.. It's true, it reminds Hypnose by Lancome.. Really does.. but I like this more.. it's light..The rose and the iris makes this perfume more delicate than Hypnose..more elegant and romantic.. I think it's perfect for day and for night.. just perfect for my tastes.. :)

kathy_g
kathy_g

Not my cup of tea. Smells cheap and unremarkable.

fragaddict
fragaddict

Eternal Magic would be so much more enjable to me if this was stronger. This is actually pretty linear even when layering. It is too soft, though I like the fragrance, it almost defeats the whole purpose of wearing fragrance if you or no one else can really smell it. I bought the whole set for 10 bucks so I can't be too upset. While the fragrance itself is nice, it is too soft for me.

themorrigan
themorrigan

Reminds me somewhat of Lovely by SJP because its so soft and feminine. Definitely a pretty warm, vanilla scent but lasting power is not great.

I got it for a great price so I love to spray some right after I've gotten out of the shower because its so inexpensive :)

Berlynn
Berlynn

Soft and light fragrance, very feminine. When I first applied it I thought that it was rather bland, but as it dried and warmed on my skin it sort of blossomed into a handsome vanilla and iris blend, which normally would smell terrible on me, but its actually really growing on me! I love the extremely subtle woody notes and the complimenting iris and vanilla. It's a really nice soft, subtle fragrance.

ajetmira
ajetmira

When 4 of my friends and I purchased this, because it was on sale, we didn't like it. but after I had finished my bottle, changed my perfume, and smelled it on my friends, I realized I missed it. I guess its true that if a perfume suits you, you cant smell it.

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

This one sat on my dressing table for over a year without being used . To me it smells like a sweet childish body spray and then I don't know I have it on in 5 minutes. Avon has had some authentic interesting fragrances, this is not one of them. It smells like any cheap run of the mill perfume and it does not last even 15 mins. on me. I would not buy this again. A waste of money!

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

really nice kinda simple powdery floral
I'd wear it more often if it had more Sillage

kikiena01
kikiena01

I have this, but I really don't like it, to be honest. Just smells like sweet powdery vanilla soap on me.
A Christmas scent. That's it.

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

nutpojjanapimol
nutpojjanapimol

too strong and too sweet. I have to wash my wrist because it makes me headache. I think I have to give it to someone who love this type of perfume.

Lamilla
Lamilla

This is a more pleasant version of Lancome Hypnose, no headaches :-) But the longevity is very poor unfortunately :-(

Bethesda
Bethesda

I agree this fragrance is similar to Lancome Hypnose though it's lighter and has rose and iris notes (and just a hint of wood) rather than jasmine. The vanilla note is similar but more delicate. Definitely a great choice if you're a Hypnose fan but want a more subtle day-to-day fragrance, something more summery or one that will be more wearable for work. The lasting power is quite good considering I bought the eau de toilette and the price is amazing - I bought the 30ml on offer for £3.50! Great name, too. Sounds dreamy and much like its scent. Conjures a hazy image of clouds, marshmallows, velvet and forests. :)

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a very pretty, very simple scent. It's a little bit sweet, a little bit powdery, with nice sillage. The bottle and the colour of the liquid capture this fragrance well, it's kind of the way I imagine Cinderella's fairy godmother would smell. Reminds me quite a bit of Lancome Hypnose, so worth a try if you like that one.

mhalo.sophia
mhalo.sophia

love the bottel. easy to use. it's hard to describe the smell. powdery, floral but its boring. i mean, doesn't have much of a distinct personality. its not bad but i dont love it.

Baby Dior
Baby Dior

Hola Amigos Perfumados
Esto es elegante hermosa encantadora cremosa es romantico tan coquto dice abrazame no lo se es que huele tan bien tan adorable tan un poco elegante casi sin querer es muy buena ;)

Hello Friends Scented
This is elegant romantic beautiful lovely creamy is so coquto says hold me do not know is that smells so good as adorable as a dowdy almost by accident is very good;)

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

It does smell like Hypnose but Hypnose is definitely sweeter! This is a very strong floral, woody, soapy scent. Amazing perfume especially for the price! Not the best projection power unfortunately. I definitely love it though!

ninive
ninive

I thought it would be sweet but it's a very strong floral on me, after a couple minutes it fades to a light vanilla scent. I feel it quite cold actually. After some minutes I can't smell it anymore because it stays very light, personally I prefer stronger fragrances. It feels elegant but it's just not for me.

valgrad
valgrad

It is so sweet,that when I wear it I feel like I rubbed myself with violet candies and I am sticky.No,thanks.

mrjls
mrjls

I like the smell but I'm more of a fruity perfume.

Vampiris
Vampiris

Eternal Magic is one of the best scents from Avon

it's floral and the peppery note to my nose is a highlight and kick which makes me like it..

i like the woody and vanilla notes in it as well, personally i find it a bit alike Lancome Miracle and Hypnose..friendly and timeless..but the lasting power of this one is really shy and weak, last for abt 2-3 hours max...i won't purchase it..

it suits different ages..nothing super unique, but fresh, a bit woody

supersiren
supersiren

I got this from my MIL for Christmas last year, and I wear it often. It is soft, warm, and stays close to the skin. On me, it reminds me of Philosophy's Inner Grace, which I was OBSESSED with but cried at the poor staying power. EM is pretty lasting, and doesn't have that musty elderly woman drydown that so many Avon perfumes of the past have had.

vonwinklestine

smells exactly like hypnose! Very nice.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Similar to Hypnose? Really?mmmm...very interesting!!

Loabud
Loabud

Yes, very reminiscent of Lancome Hypnose, but is still a bit rough, poorly finished. I thought it was very powdery on the skin and clears up within 4 hours.
It smells cheap, and it is.
If you want something for daily use, buy it! But, for more sophisticated occasions, go with Hypnose.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

lovely fragrance, I ordered it along time ago and never used it for some reason, so far its good, nothing to special but it sure smells nice and fancy for a great price =3 it makes me feel more fancy and grown up(well atleast more grown up for me since Im so used to younger scents).

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

Oh crap . I wish I had read this before I ordered it. For a house that has been around this long , they sure have a gift for the ordinary.

I sure hope its not as bad as you all say. Stay tuned .

chi_chi
chi_chi

My aunt gave me a bottle of this. At first I didn't like it that much so I just let it sit on my table for a while. Then I gave it another try and I think the drydown is fantastic! Not overly sweet and has character on to it. Sillage is not so good on me so I think I could drain the bottle (50 mL) in a month or so. It's sensual, perfect for any age. I am currently using it and even ask my aunt for another bottle :)

márti.vincze
márti.vincze

As I applied the parfume, I expected to smell mostly vanilla because most of your reviews described this fragrance as a sweet vanilla scent.
According to my experiences, I could barely smell the vanilla on my skin, whereas the iris's smell was really-really intense.
As for the staying power, it is not over the top. Either it disappears quickly or I get easily used to the fragrance on me.
All in all, it is a really sweet floral scent, probably not one of my favourites, but i'll keep using it.

vonwinklestine

i feel compelled to buy this, mainly because it's so cheap. I found a 30ml bottle of it on ebay selling for only £2.95!

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This one comes across as a warm cozy vanilla...for the entire half hour that it lasts.

Eternal Magic was disappointing to me, because it felt watered down, and lacklustre.

I was hoping for a rich vanilla with a touch of powdery iris, but I didn't detect any florals at all on my skin. There is also something artificial which haunts this fragrance that bothers me.

But if you're looking for a very cheaply priced vanilla scent and don't mind reapplying often, then this would be a suitable buy.

However, there are better vanillas out there on the market, such as French Vanilla (by Dana) or Vanilla Fields (by Coty), which are in the same price range but richer and longer lasting than this one.

It's a shame, because if this was significantly more concentrated then Avon could have a winner here.

Jellybean
Jellybean

too colognish and cheap smelling. yes, there's something powdery, more like hints of it; synthetically sweet too. It was $7.99 and it will be a freebie giveaway to someone who I hope might like it, because I surely don't want this stinker.

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

Reminds me of Mariah Carey's perfume, the one with the purple/lilac bottle with the butterfly on the lid. That perfume was booooring and unfortunately Avon's rendition (despite being similar) is even weaker so it's a no-go from me.

Nothing special here I'm afraid but Avon do plenty of other fragrances which I love.

rosembloom
rosembloom

Have you added the Eternal Magic Enchanted (pink bottle with notes of raspberry i heard)??? would you :D

aliona.deszynska
aliona.deszynska

it's a special offer for this one this month so i've ordered it, but i don't really know how it smells. why did i order a fragrance without knowing the smell?! because it has vanilla and wood accents.but i'm afraid i won't like the iris. i try to stay away from oriental combinations cause it gives me headaches. i had Far Away and i totally disliked it though it was long lasting. i bought Little Black Dress wich as Far Away has Ylang Ylang and it didn't suit me. Eternal magic doesn't have it but i'm not sure about the iris and the rose. hope i'll like it. I've been using U by Ungaro for the last few weeks and i must admit it stays long but its way too sweet at the beginning.

scentofpeace
scentofpeace

Luscious and sweet! but not sweet in a gourmand-eat-it way. I can imagine the scene where eternal magic was made......

Deep in the woods, in an old peasant's cottage lay a garden of brambles and berries, untended and severely overgrown with raspberries. Because of its strangely bewitching and sensual aroma, the locals said it was "enchanted" and didn't dare pick a berry. But the old woman who lived in the cottage was a brewer of love potions and wistful whiffs, and she needed the berries in her garden to brew an elixir of eternal life, so that she could live forever. What she got was a bonus; it made her feel young, too!

......

I think it works as an excellent unisex or men's fragrance as well! I am not always into most men's fragrances that knock you down and are SUPER DUPER BICEP SCOOPER "look at my six pack" colognes that are defined as "masculine."
This perfume is a way to make your man smell edible without smelling gourmand or something he'd complain about as "too girly."

I love it!
(Also, I think it is fun how the sprayer mists out the fragrance as if it really is a magical "POOF!" in a delicate and refined way).

purrz11
purrz11

I tried a sample of this after reading how much it reminded people of Hypnose. I did not get anything close to Hypnose from it. Eternal magic is harsh and hairspray-like where Hypnose is soft and elegant. I scrubbed for a half hour trying to get this off me. Why do the bad ones always have such powerful longevity and sillage? I can still feel the headache this gave me.

Arianti
Arianti

sometime it tried hypnose and i adored it!!! when i smelled eternal magic it reminded me soooo much of hypnose that i adored it even more because of its price!!! maybe my favorite fragrance so far :)

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Watered down version of Hypnose! If Hypnose were to be made into a mist or splash cologne, it would smell like Eternal magic.

pansylady
pansylady

I had an unfortunate experience soon after sampling this one- I got attacked by a bunch of biting Asian ladybeetles while clearing out my expired morning glory vine! Not a pleasant first impression/association- but then, I guess I shouldn't have doused myself with fragrance, knowing that I was heading out to the garden...

Beyond the bug attack, this scent really had some harsh notes that didn't help the first impression at all-

I couldn't scrub it off quickly enough...

bobkat
bobkat

Have just received this one- I know I am doing a lot of Avon reviews, just another avenue of adventure!-and am surprised to say that I rather like it. It starts a bit brash, as most Avon scents do, but dries down to a rather livable vanillary/musky/soft floral...not one of those "Hello, I'm here" scents but rather more a getting close and liking the smell....

altho its not very long lasting (an hour at most) i do like the scent. i first smell the vanilla and then the lovely florals, the dry down for me is a nice spicy woodish vanilla. i like this for the cooler weather, mostly for day wear. if it lasted a bit longer it would be a nice evening scent for me.

hapa
hapa

I have to admit my budget constraints are challenging when it comes to perfume. This is why Avon has been so prominent in my reviews as of late. Eternal Magic was €4.50 for 30mls so this was an easy blind purchase. I read the reviews on here and decided it would be a safe selection, which it is.

Upon spraying this my first thought was this smells familiar but couldn't figure out how. After about five minutes I realised it was very similar to Dolce and Gabbana's The One. It was a very smooth floral, fruity fragrance with the ever popular vanilla.

I sprayed Eternal Magic on one wrist and The One on the other. They start off different with The One immediately smelling like the beauty it is but Eternal Magic spluttered along with no real direction. Then in five minutes the similarities became obvious. The One is that bit peachier and sweet whilst Eternal Magic takes a turn towards a floral direction. They remain obvious cousins but The One just seems to be that bit smoother. Having said all that Eternal Magic is not The One's poor cousin but just that suburban one: it's safe, comfortable and unlikely to rattle the neighbours.

The price is good and the staying power is average.

Edit: I was recently out with a friend and thought I smelled this. Was delighted someone might share my dirty secret of buying Avon so I asked her what she was wearing instead of blurting out "oh my god, I totally buy Eternal Magic from Avon, too". She said it was Narciso Rodriguez Her. She had just applied it in the lavatory so when she returned I obviously was getting the top notes. I do not know if it was EDT or EDP though. This fragrance was always much earthier on me and less floral but for my friend I got the pleasant floral notes of Eternal Magic. So there you go!

wvdisnut
wvdisnut

This is a wonderful powdery floral/rose woodsy fragrance. It is totally feminine and has a medium lasting effect. I wish it were stronger, as I can smell it on me but have never had anyone say they could smell it or comment on it. It is very delicate. I wear it just for me to enhance my mood. A nice affordable fragrance to layer as the lotion and body wash are easily affordable and you feel you can afford to slather it on and not worry you are wasting it. I really like it. It was my summer fragrance this past season. I will still continue to wear it thru all seasons though.

Petals_and_Perfumes
Petals_and_Perfumes

Elegant, creamy; I agree with previous observations of an oriental, slightly spicy note to it. This is definitely not one I'd wear for everyday - special occasions and nights on the town. I hate to mention this too, but for me it reminds me of a scent for an age group of grandmas and great aunts (In my family, they wore heavier, muskier perfumes) which is why I'm not keeping it. Though lovely, it's just not my style. I imagine a cabaret singer, past her prime, sitting at an out-of-tune piano in the dimmest of lights... A scent past its prime.

Liina
Liina

Eternal Magic is an enchanting fragrance. At first musk is very prominent for me. But the delicate flowers, both rose and iris balance very well with the musk.
It’s funny how it feels deep with the musk and light with the florals at the same time. I get kind of an oriental feeling when smelling Eternal Magic. And I don’t know why. I can only detect the vanilla in the base a little.
I think it’s most suitable for evening wear because it feels dark and mysterious to me. And enchantingly spellbinding.

I.I
I.I

It's a scent I love and not get bored of it, though it's not my most favorite one.
It's my perfect everyday perfume, I wear it at work, on a gathering with my girlfriends, the morning I weak up. It's soothing, subtle, romantic, feminine and descrete. The vanilla is not at all strong nor warm (it defers conciderably from the warm, dark, very noticable vanilla of Rose Noir-Valenti for example).
It's suitable for younger ages too and a nice teen present. I can imagine my niece wearing it and my mother as well.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I had the chance to try Eternal Magic this afternoon because I was thinking of possibly buying a 9ml roll-on which is currently on sale for a measly £2.00! I'd never smelled it before so I was curious to see what it was like before I decided whether to get one or more of the roll-ons.

At first sniff Eternal Magic smelled a bit generically floral (although the flowers were indistinguishable to me and I couldn't specifically detect the rose and iris) and a bit sweet and powdery. The longer it was on my skin the more powdery and vanilla'ish it became, although the vanilla smelled 'thin' and a bit weak to me (I have Dana French Vanilla and the vanilla in that is so much more luscious and yummy!). The sillage was poor though because I could only really smell it when I sniffed my wrist and I couldn't smell it at all when I was moving around. After about 3 hours or so it had faded so much I could only just smell it even when I sniffed my wrist. So, I'm indifferent to this perfume - it's OK but nothing particularly special. It's just a relatively pleasant, very light, slightly flowery / slightly sweet perfume (but nowhere near as sweet, or as lasting, as Pink Sugar, which someone here has compared it to). I don't think anybody would find it offensive and it would probably be best worn during the day because it lacks staying power and decent sillage to be a good nighttime perfume.

iulianash
iulianash

it smeels godd refreshing ... i think that is ok for a night :D

aldanare
aldanare

For me it's very much like Lancome Hypnose - maybe because of intensive vanilla.

stereomari
stereomari

It's not bad, but it's very soft and soapy on my skin. Wouldn't hurt to wear it, but it's not my taste.

tanjag
tanjag

Generally I really like Avon´s perfumes but this one is too heavy and sweet, I can feel only vanilla - no roses or woods as it is in description, I´m sorry but it´s my point of view, so I really couldn´t recommend it those who like fresh, floral, light scents.

SandraV

I love this scent.It's not anything groundbreaking but is lovely nonetheless.It is a very soft,slightly woody and sweet vanilla on me with just a touch of rose.It is a very soothing scent and is perfect to put on before bed.I think the bottle is pretty as well.I like to layer it with the shower gel and lotion.Just a dreamy veil of a perfume-love it.

nicolette09
nicolette09

This is a very soft, creamy and feminine fragrance. It's not strong and the staying power is not extraordinary, but after a few hours it blends very nicely with your skin and turns into a dreamy, mysterious and very very feminine aura. For the price I recommend it

I had a sample of this. It is soft and romantic and reminds strongly of Lancome Hypnose. Just the staying power is rather weak.

MsJitka
MsJitka

I expected more from this fragrance. Although I normally enjoy vanilla scent, the vanilla base is too heavy in EM. Nevertheless I can’t say I don’t like it at all…

rings&bells
rings&bells

I really like this perfume. The vanilla in it just makes you feel good. It is soothing. I find that it lasts quite a long time on my skin. I bought the set with shower gel and body lotion. It is just dreamy.

Ms. Holmar
Ms. Holmar

How could anyone not like this fragrance? This is truly my favorite perfume of all time and I have smelled and worn a lot of different perfumes. It is mysterious and kind of puts you in a dreamy sort of mood. My boyfriend likes it too, and he usually does not like the smell of perfumes. I love this and would give it a 10/10 and *****. Holly M.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I was adviced to try Eternal because i love Hypnose.
The truth is that it reminds me Hynose but they are not similar.
This one is not that sweet and strong as my lovely Hypnose.
But it is a good alternative for hot summer days, because it stays close to skin!

Shamcey
Shamcey

i loved this one, its like imari seduction

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

With all the notes listed, and most being sure winners for me, I was certain it would NOT fail.

Sadly, it did. All I got was the undeveloped smell of some weak vanilla, burned wood, and alcohol mixture.

I think I have finally given up on Avon perfumes with this being my absolute last.

They just don't make them like they used to!

rye
rye

At my age I find I cannot carry off, or tolerate, heavy perfumes. Yes, I'm the 'old lady' so many of you rail on about and just like the tweenies, I now need light innocent scents in small amounts. Avon has a couple of nice ones and strangely, so do some of the celebrity frags.

Eternal Magic is what Halle should have been but isn't. The vanilla in Halle morphs into some old Vicks Vapour Rub but the Vanilla, pale rose and Orris in Eternal Magic is soft and comforting. It lasts a few hours and stays close to the skin. The rose is subtle and doesn't scream 'there's an entire rose bush in this woman's bra!' I like that in a perfume.

fanciful
fanciful

Actual notes:

TOP: violet, bergamot, pink pepper
MIDDLE: rose, orris, magnolia leaves
BASE: vanilla bean, woods

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

At the beginning, it's a dupe of Hypnose by Lancome! But then it turns in a very generic, boring sweet smell (maybe I can notice rose and iris). Longevity is bad on my skin. Disappointed with this.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

ETERNAL MAGIC is a gentle floral scent with slightly gourmand vanilla notes.

The beginning is a fresh burst of violets and bergamot with just a slight hint of pepper. The violet and rose continue to develop into the heart notes. In addition to rose and violet, the heart notes have the sweet almost gourmand note. It does resemble the heart notes of HYPNOSE. I do believe that the common denominator is vanilla. But in HYPNOSE it is amplified by the passion flower and has stronger sweet gourmand feel. In ETERNAL MAGIC vanilla note is toned down and balanced by violet, rose and iris, so it does not come across as sweet. Base notes are woods with slight vanilla, creamy but not very strong.

Medium sillage, longevity is up to 6 hours on me. I cannot quite decide if it is a gourmand or floral fragrance. It is kind of in between. The beginning is definitely floral but the sweet note is quite noticeable in the heart notes, so you have to like it to wear this scent.

MMC
MMC

Achei um perfume bom.Leve ,a fixação na minha pele não foi boa,mas pelo preço vale reaplicar.Tem cheiro de flor e um fundo de baunilha me lembrou o Unik paris elyses só que menos enjoativo.Para quem gosta de perfume bem docinho.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i expeted more as Ellen Molner designed a perfume from jlo (deseo). but it's a huge disappointement :(
this smells like a very bad and weak copy of Wish Magical Nights, without patchouli and fruit notes, no depth and sillage, very boring...
even the staying power is zero !!!!! but your skin smells sugarcoated when putting the nose on it. works maybe for teengirls first perfume. not for me. cute bottle.

guest_Ange
guest_Ange

I'm thinking of buying this for my mum for Christmas, cause she said that she liked the smell... but I can't remember what it actually smelled like! And I'm not sure if mum will be happy if I just bought her perfume. I mean, it would be my first proper gift from me to her, but I've saved up all year and I think mum is expecting something a bit more... expensive.

laura.poison
laura.poison

a perfume made for young sensitive women, I don't scent the roses in it, but the smell of the alluring vanilla makes me enjoy it. It's not suitable for everyday wear, but it gives you a warm, comfortable feeling, when you chose to wear it.

mnesli
mnesli

i admire this parfume. it smeels like Chopard Wish and Aqualina Sugarpink.

Well i don't normally like avon Smells !....But as soon as I smelt this one i really liked it...but i do like sweet smells anyway...I bought a bottle straight away !

arg1971
arg1971

I have a second opinion of this think I underestimated this at first sprayed some in my inner arm today and it actually does have a sweetness to it not bad think I may enjoy this after all

smellynich
smellynich

for me this smells like sugar coated sour gummy candies, first you will smell the sugar the sugary sweet note is NOT creamy its thin and light..then the sour note blends with the sugar creating a fruity note then dries down to a soft floral smell.

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Hmm... it smells alright, just too vanilla for my tastes. Might wear it..occasionally.

bluegreenlj
bluegreenlj

Sickly sweet with a somewhat familiar avon-ish scent at first (opening reminded me of Absynthe & Rouge which I happen to dislike), then dries down to a nice creamy vanilla scent which completely surprised me. The scent is not long-lasting though.

marcela86
marcela86

Elegant, sweet, powdery, i would like this but it's too much vanilla for my taste, it makes me sick...

mocha43
mocha43

I love this one. It is an enchanting floral delight that combines flower notes with just the right amount of vanilla and then the orris root and other woodsy notes elevate this from just pretty, to really special.Sillage and lasting power could be better but if I have to spray extra, so be it. It is not the aggressive type of scent that would drive people running away from it.It is gentle, lovely and elusive.

GrayRain
GrayRain

Too light and powdery for my tastes.

Skip if you don't like the powdery scents some cheaper perfumes have.

J88Bennett
J88Bennett

I just ordered this out of Avon's 12th brochure for my sisters 26th Birthday. It cost me £12 on the purfume page so no scratch and sniff. I really liked the deep purple of the bottle and the name it sounds and looks like something she'd like. I also know she has a weak spot for violet's because she named her daughter Abbey Violet. I wanted to read up on what people thought and it's kind of mixed results. I really hope this is the enchanting purfume I was hoping for and no a sickly mistake.

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

A very lovely, creamy, yummy scent from Avon...I love the vanilla notes in this one......but once again the lasting power is very poor just as I've found with many of Avon's other fragrances. Idk if it is me, or Avon.

avonfreak
avonfreak

I bought this one because I thought the bottle was pretty. After I got it, I found out the scent was nice too. Very soft smell with decent staying power.

guest_angel
guest_angel

Very pretty - I'm usually quite wary of violet/iris notes as they can be sickly sweet on my skin, but they're working really well here. Not much rose coming through for me, but the overall effect is a light, creamy violet and vanilla combination that I'm really enjoying. Lovely for summer.

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

This is absolutely disgusting for me:( I bought it after sniffing the scented page in the catalogue, and I thought it was gorgeous, it seemed quite musky and too florally overpowering which I dont like. Well after buying it, I sprayed, and it seemed fine for about a minute or so, then a really disgusting note appeared...:( I washed my wrists and sprayed my trusty Britney over but I couldnt get rid of it for a whole day. Do not trust the page samples!

mhz_1973
mhz_1973

I loveee this scent on me!! And, so does my husband =) Definitely a keeper!!

Avonnah
Avonnah

Wow! I don't have the sophistication for flowery fragrance language, but in layman's terms, my opinion is that this fragrance is delicious, unique and magic!

cucurs
cucurs

This one (roll-on 9ml) starts very same that Hypnose. As I am a fan of the Hypnose, I like it. But, after few minutes, the scent changes, it comes more common, like any of Avon fragrances. After that, the drydown is pretty nice. I have smell some aquatic notes, a lil bit of rose and vanilla. It's sweety aqua on me. The lasting power is poor, though. However, the 9ml roll-on is very handy. I like it.

asmahtp
asmahtp

For someone like me who want to keep my budget, I think Eternal Magic is a good choice. It is sweet, soft, long lasting, creamy and bring some feminine aura.

Phelle
Phelle

I just recently tried Eternal Magic. I think it's wonderful! I am an Avon representative in Arizona. I ordered 5 and I'm about to order more.

Vanillaprincess
Vanillaprincess

I just had a sniff of this fragrance. I have to say, it's Hypnose light :D no, really. Actually, I love Hypnose very much, but I can't get on well with this one. Maybe, because of the rose. Bad copy says I. But I think it could be a good alternative for those who can't stand Hypnose and looking for a similar perfume.

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

idk the 1st time when i smelled this perfume it really reminds me of lancome hypnose. the smell of roses combined with vanilla, light, powdery and a lil bit creamy. not a bad one, although d smell's not that original.

Mochagirl
Mochagirl

Still don't know what to think of this. I've got only a small bottle (15 ml roll-on), and tried it a few times. On my skin it was long lasting, but it reminds me of some other fragrance. Maybe an older one from Avon, I don't know. It seems to me that Avon produces a lot of "reminiscents" - scents reminding me of an older fragrance which is not produced anymore. So there is nothing unique in this, although I will give it a few more tries, as I really would like to make friends with rose and vanilla combined.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Here are some additional notes that Avon has given for this fragrance:

Top notes- violet, Sicilian bergamot, pink peppercorns

Middle notes- Princess Monaco Rose, orris, magnolia leaves

Base notes- vanilla, woods

Eternal Magic offers something a little off the beaten path for those who typically wear floral scents, and would like to test the waters with something different, without being too unusual. I don't know what orris smells like but there is something there that is just a little different. The iris and violet are nicely done without being too powdery, and the vanilla is just right (not too sweet). I have to say though that be prepared to layer with the body lotion, and re-spritz throughout the day, because my experience is that the longevity here leaves much to be desired. Conclusion: I like it.

guest_LIz
guest_LIz

If you would like to buy eternal majic and other products please sign up at my site at.www.youravon.com/estahel

Thankyou

I like it! Very beatiful, hot and long lasting. This fragrance have some similar notes with Hipnose, Lancome but have notes similar with Jejus del Poço to.

claudia_23

i love simple perfumes with a n organized compozition that are in general pleasant .i don't like complicated perfumes so maybe that is why i like this perfume.

claudia_23

i smelled it on the scneted page for now and i can say is a beautyfull pleasant fragrance.it feels like roses and violets are dipper in vanilla cream, so romantic and dreamy scent. i hope that when i will buy it it wont be a disapoiment.some avon product smeel different from the scented page.

AmberLove
AmberLove

Received this one today.Avon is not sold officially anymore in the Netherlands so bought this one on Ebay for a really good bargain!!!
I totally agree with CherryLou; this fragrance reminds of Hypnose, every time I smell my wrist it reminds me of Hypnose. Even the colour of the scent....This is a factor for me to say that this scent has not its own identity...
Its a very nice scent, indeed a little powdery, creamy and woody with a hint of vanilla. A warm scent, I recommend it for cold weather, night wear.
I like it, but its nothing special.

orchidlover
orchidlover

a little light powderly at first, and then floral. good composition. my only problem with it: not too long lasting.

CherryLou
CherryLou

The smell reminds me of Hypnose by Lancome. Sweet and creamy with a bit less of vanilla and airiness compared to Hypnose. Feminine and captivating fragrance with a reasonable price. A good one from Avon.

Eternal Magic by Avon 3.32 out of 5 based on 427 ratings and 112 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Eternal Magic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Eternal Magic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eternal Magic by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eternal Magic by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.