Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Extraordinary Avon for women

Extraordinary Avon for women
dislike

cacao

Extraordinary is a marvelous floral oriental combination of the sparkling champagne and the creamy chocolate candies. It is a very joyous, optimistic and feminine fragrance – luxurious but not demanding. It agrees with any and every occasion, as every day can be a special occasion should you choose it to be, and with every dress style - blue jeans, to the office, party dress, or any other extraordinary occasion.

The top notes composition is unusual and attractive at the same time. The citrus notes of grapefruit and tangerine, and the fruity notes of guava are accompanied with soft whisper of pepper and radiant, dazzling champaign notes. The heart is exotic, deep and rich, composed of orchid, golden ginger flower and lotus flower laced with luscious chocolate. The warm velvety base is created of pale woods, sandalwood, and musk, with hint of patchouli and creamy vanilla. The perfume was created in 2005.

The nose behind this fragrance is Harry Fremont.

Pepper Raspberry Grapefruit Tangerine

emelim

Really miss this one

Snapple8
Snapple8

It is truly very unusual and extraordinary! There is nothing like it! Amazing smell

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

Is it just me or is this a spicier version of Today? I adore it, don't get me wrong, but they smell almost the same to me. Love the stronger chocolate note, though. In a nutshell, I love it and plan to wear it regularly!

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

I do not always agree with the site's review at top, but in this case they nailed it. I have a high appreciation for remarkable scents at a budget price. Avon's Extraordinary fills the bill.

I find this fragrance to be absolutely Extraordinary, in fierce competition (if not a clear winner) over some of the most expensive scents in the world. Champagne sparkly with cocoa and ginger notes makes for a highly interesting, unique and gorgeous blend. This is a rich and sexy frag! It is an exquisite designer evening gown with no jewelry (unnecessary, the dress is the jewelry) or a tee shirt and distressed jeans with diamonds and blingy mixed metals. It is sensually serious and fun at the same time. This frag makes me smile and lifts my spirits sprayed with no makeup wearing my sloppiest attire. Smells elegant and fitting dressed in my finest.

I am happy to see this listed as an oriental as it should be. Despite the large cocoa blast this is not a gourmand. Extraordinary is not for the die hard jelly bean and choco candy frag lovers. It is more sophisticated than that and its complex blend so very well done the price is a steal. I am honestly glad some people dismiss Avon frags for fear an Avon scent be seen on their vanity or found hidden in a cabinet. I often see Avon referred to as "linear" which I disagree and think that kind of thing varies with skin chemistry. If the scent smells beautiful from beginning to end I have no complaints, as certain reactions can occur in the changelings which are not always a good thing. Avon's well done scents stand competently toe-to-toe with the finest Parisian "parfums" in the world. Avon's Extraordinary is definitely one of those scents. Lovely!

Very, very
Extraordinary canary
House of Avon
Extraordinaire!

Namarie
Namarie

i had this perfume 4 years before and im still looking for something like this ..can i find a perfume that smells similar?? anyone help??

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Rubber gloves. The yellow kind most of us have hiding under our kitchen sink. Floral rubber gloves. But in a very strange and odd way I am very drawn to it. It smells really good! I am surprised rubber is not listed in the notes.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Opens citrus and pepper, too much grapefruit for me personally, but warms up to an interesting ginger and dark chocolate with touches of orchid, patchouli, and musk. Drys down about 4 hours later to a sweet musky vanilla with a hint of chocolate still lingering. I actually ended up really liking Extraordinary.

Sillage goes from inches to skin, and lasts over 6 hrs total on me.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I remember when I was an Avon rep. and this came out. It was inspired by Faubourg 21 I think. Creamy with a bite, it was more about rich dry cocoa ( Néonatura like) than milk chocolate and had an understated vintage vibe to it ( think Vintage by kate moss). This was one that stayed with me all through the day and I so cherished it. Reading up on it again has made me want it all over again (and I was just commiting to a no buy for 2014 lol!!!) . Gourmand without being decadent, floral yet opulent, sophisticated and modern, it has much to offer including sillage and longevity!

Thomasania
Thomasania

I really enjoy this one. I was on the search for a chocolate scented perfume and I read about this one on the thread. I find it to be a really nice chocolate scent with a decent longevity. I layered this with Chocolovers and the two makes a perfect combination. If your looking for an inexpensive chocolate scent give this one a try.

Edit: I have officially fallen in love with this beauty. It is so much more than a chocolate gourmand scent. There is something very sexy and enticing about it. The more times I wear it the more I realize just how beautiful and unique a scent this is.

Christina0065
Christina0065

I cannot stand this fragrance!! It smells so old lady/grandma!! Sorry no offense to any older women or grandma's but it reminds me of an elderly woman smell. Just very strong and overwhelming and cheap!! I get bitter chocolate and strong fumey smell like dollar store perfume!! This is a thumbs down for me!! I bought one without knowing what it smells like and i am selling it now!! Its just not for me at all!! I doubt I would even gift it to my grandma!! lol
I guess I don't like the strong peppery and patchouli scent in it with bitter chocolate!! Just dont like it!!
It just doesnt go together!! It also gives me a heaache.very very strong and overwhelming!! CHEAP CHEAP scent!!

TheAnastasia
TheAnastasia

For the moment it is the only perfume I bought based on reviews here (I ordered it even on eBay and I'm from Europe myself). At the beginning didn't know what to think, I liked it but couldn't "crack it's code". All I smelled was a lot of ginger and spiciness, but now I can say the more I wear it, the more I get it and am starting to fall in love with it. It's warm, spicy, cozy, now I smell a lot of dark chocolate, every time I spray it I feel like flying in cloud full of dark chocolate. And it's perfect for the winter time!

Sillage and longevity is moderate though. Overall I'm giving 7 out of 10 :)

elifcan

Whenever i was wearing this, everbody asked me what it was..

elifcan

Whenever i was wearing this, everbody asked me what it was..

Jenge
Jenge

I was so excited to try this scent for the chocolate note everyone is raving about. I just can't find it! Maybe if I imagine really hard, there's a little cocoa dust, but really, I can't detect it. On me, this is a very syrupy fruity floral. Like the warm fruit syrups you find at pancake restaurants, or even marmalade. I can smell the pepper and lotus flower, too. I would reverse the "Notes according to your votes". I would agree that the patchouli is very light.

My perfume box says, "chocolate orchid", and "ginger flower" which makes me wonder if that's all the chocolate and ginger that are in here. I really wanted the chocolate and champagne experience, but it's not to be for me.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I agree with the reviewer just below that this is a fragrance that doesn't seem like every other gourmand on the market. At first spray the chocolate note is noticeable, then for me it mellows down. This seems like it would be a lovely perfume for anytime, daytime or nighttime, but I'll probably wear it more in fall and winter. It does have a hint of patchouli but for me it is not too much. I tend to hate patchouli and there are so many fragrances I would love but for the patchouli note. This one is doable for me. I'm not getting a lot of fruits in this although it is listed, so maybe it's just my skin chemistry. I'll edit after I've had it on a while. I'm hoping for good longevity and that no funky notes become prominent on me.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Extraordinary is certainly one of these fragrances that an oriental floral lover simply must have.
While chocolate note is very prominent, the whole composition does not resemble a gourmand mediocre perfume mass market.
Chocolate note is entwined by the spice and earthiness of pepper, patchouli and just a hint of fruity note.
I purchased Extraordinary in blind and must admit that for a fragrance under a tenner, it does the job. It generates compliments, it lasts quite a while (good 4-5 hours), it has noticeable silage (I get oriental delicious whiffs during cool weather mornings).
It is most definitely a keeper for winter time, I cannot comprehend why has the fragrance been discontinued, from the reviews I can tell that it seems to appeal to oriental lovers, it possesses the quality of some of the expensive designer creations, so how about you bring it back, Avon?

Notes: 9/10
Lasting power: 8/10
Silage: 8/10

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

On my usual round of thrift and vintage stores, I found Extraordinary, an Avon fragrance I wasn't familiar with from the past. Checked the notes, thought they were interesting, and knew I would buy it.
The sales associate that had taken it from the display case, pulled the bottle out of the box, sniffed it before handing it to me and announced, "Oh, smells like another Avon perfume!" (Thank you for your poignant assessment, ma'am. I'll keep it in mind if I decide to make a purchase today.)
Now I love my patchouli. Funny thing is, I hardly get any from this scent. But I do get chocolate. Chocolate as if I grated a bar of baker's chocolate over a warm, thick, creamy custard. It's not a sweet chocolate that's cloying, just comforting and relaxing. There's a hint of spice in Extraordinary, it's the ginger that lays very low sprinkled on the sweet patchouli leaves that are sitting on the side of the custard plate for decoration, but their soft aroma wafts upward to your nostrils from the heat of the dessert.
Uplifting and fresh to start, Extraordinary's notes are blended to give this perfume a gourmand-like flair with an excellent run. A good eight hours later, I still sensed a musky scent with chocolate and spices that was soft and sensual. A very rare occurrence for me.
The name, Extraordinary, along with swirling patterns, similar to a fleur-de-lis design, is embossed in gold on the back of the bottle so you can see it through the front of the tall rectangular glass.
Wonderful by itself, delightful for layering and absolutely beats many other far more expensive chocolate fragrances on the market.
Quite a happy purchase for me and yes, this fragrance is extraordinarily delightful.

peeachediva
peeachediva

WOW!!! I don't know what it is, but based on the various reviews, here, I went and got some. WOW ..when I spray, it smells like bug spray. No coffee, no chocolate... not even sweet.

I didn't put it directly on me, yet, so maybe that will change. If I do put it on and hate it, I'll work out a swap with someone. I do want something that smells like coffee AND chocolate... I already have chocolovers.
We'll see. I'll put on a no risk amount. If I don't like it, I'll send out an APB for a trade. Until then, ...

This is Amazing!
When I bought it 4 years ago, it smelled on my skin like bitter dark chocolate. So, I haven't been wearing this for years..
I was craving for something chocolate-y, but not as sweet as Chocolovers, so I said why not :)
I am so happy I did! Seems my chimistry with perfumes changes, or might it be my nose? :)
It starts off with dark chocolate off course, but not as bitter as it smells from the flanker neither as it used to be on me years ago. The great thing about this perfume is that it's so well-maid. It develops on skin that after a while it turns sexy musky, something like a hint of Narciso Rodriguez or Guerlain's Idyle, with chocolate lingers faintly :)
I'm really enjoying it, a great fall perfume and... It's sad that Avon has discontinued this one and Surrender ( my 2 faves from Avon) will miss them of course when I finish the bottles I had been stocking :D

this is a chocolate, orchid, musk concoction that smells so luscious on me. a very unique perfume and as a bonus, it's also long lasting. I really can't stop smelling my wrists. I received this as a gift from a very generous member and I can tell this is going to be a much loved favorite and will get a lot of use.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Cocoa, orchid, pepper and patchouli (all in heavy ammount) are damn strange combination, that probably makes many people feel sick. But it sure is extraordinary creation for something like Avon. When i was wearing it (for 2 times only) it felt kind of warm and sticky, in the meaning "i will not let you go". It is heavy, lubricous, intoxicating, odd and nice at the same time, kind of flowery dirty, ambivalent. For me in the section - i like it, but couldn´t wear it

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Surprisingly a ground breaking perfume for Avon. After years of coming up with semi neutrals.. this one exploded on to the market and took everyone by surprise. It was fantastic when it was 1st launched but it's staggering popularity made it hard to wear without blending into the masses.

I really liked it at the time and if the ginger wouldn't have been present i would have loved it even =)

Ali565
Ali565

I used to love this one...now I feel like it is a lovely scent but not necessarily living up to its namesake.

I like the smell of chocolate and you can REALLY smell the chocolate in this one.

If you are not a fan of gourmand this one is not for you.

The funny thing is I actually got some compliments wearing this and people asking me what it was. I felt like I was wearing something truly unique.

With that said, how could I not love it? Well, I do still love it to be honest. I still wear it from time to time but I feel like it might be a little overpowering sometimes.

I think that maybe I just grew out of gourmand fragrances. A lot of the fragrances marketed to girls and young women smell as sweet as they can humanly make it; like a candy shop!

This one is not nearly that bad. The smell of chocolate is actually quite balanced with the other notes. So this is definitively a more mature scent.

I actually remember my grandma gushing about it when she smelled it on me.

I think that I might just wear it out a few more times (because honestly I still do like this) and then maybe just gift it to her just because she loved it so much.

StarAnGeL

LOVE! Nice oriental, warm, not over powering and lasts a long time on me. You can find this on ebay for a reasonable price. I have 2 and may purchase another before you can't find or if you do its is really exspensive. I hate when avon has a nice perfume and then discontinue it.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

Oh how I loved this scent. Now why does Avon discontiue the majority of my favorites? This is a really warn, rich and sweet smelling perfume. Vanilla with cocoa and slight oriental like. The smells lasted for hours and hours and the notes stayed true without much fading. Perfect so I thought till I can no longer buy it anymore.

Bbbluefairy
Bbbluefairy

I loved this one until i couldn't find it anymore.

loveblueberries
loveblueberries

Not very long lasting but is still a great scent that i like, but not use very often.

mhubbard
mhubbard

I can't quite make up my mind if I like this. I guess I do. Sweet it is not. Think of powdery dark chocolate, vanilla, pepper, woods, orange and cinnamon- really unisex. Despite all that, it wears close to the skin and it not terribly potent but does last several hours. This one is different and I am glad I tried it, but it is not a gourmand from my perspective. Winter wear for the Northern hemisphere. Does vaguely evoke the scent of Christmas. Alas, I have a 50 ml bottle and shall not need to repurchase.

ggkeller
ggkeller

I was so disappointed. I sprayed this on me and it smelled so good. Then 30 minutes later poof. It has a great smell. I love that I can smell the chocolate in it but it dosn't last.

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

Harsh synthetic smell, not gourmand at all

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

First tested this at an outdoor fair. I spritzed some on and kept walking...suddenly I smelled myself and WOW I was hooked and had to double back and buy a bottle. My daughter also loves this gourmand scent. I think of this and dream of Ski Lodge Christmas Party....cozy, fun and laughter.

dimplesg
dimplesg

When I first bought this years ago I wasn't sure if I liked it. I have now decided to revisit this scent and I am loving the rich dark smell. Great for this time of year (autumn/winter). Very rich and long lasting. Glad I kept it.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

Today I am wearing this for the first time this fall, so I thought it would be a good time to do a review. Sophisticated, dry but sweet, and long-lasting would be the main way I describe Extraordinary. It feels woodsy, but the chocolate really comes into play in the dry-down, making it sweet and cozy. I love this one, expecially in the fall! Patchouli is subtle in this, but it really gives a nice earthiness.

gomt
gomt

To me, it's a little champagne and a lot of raspberry chocolate. Warm, luxurious and mature. Wonderful for winter, it's that kind of smell which nicely accompanies being wrapped up in a cashmere sweater: both elegant and warm.

lemonfreshjoy
lemonfreshjoy

I smelled the chocolate and the champagne. The bottle was pretty.

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

I'd like this one anyone wants to swap this!!

StarAnGeL

Love, Love, Love!! One of my favs!! I wish Avon would bring this one back!! =o)

rohmhild
rohmhild

It's really extraordinary. Very well-done fantastic floral scent - even comparing with the more expensive ones. I didn't expect such a masterpiece from Avon, to be true.

Penguinwhalelover
Penguinwhalelover

I have no idea why I have this perfume, its on my dresser and i honestly have not worn it at all. It's not that bad of a scent, just too mature for me. A bit strong for my taste, whereas I prefer fruity floral smells.

polarisking
polarisking

Very good actually, the first thing you smell is chocolate and the brightness of champagne mixed with citrus and pepper, in the drydown is amazing, look out the delicate aromas of orchid and lotus flower, but dominated by raspberry and begins to be very sweet. good combination with the woods and vanilla. It is pure sophistication! I receive many compliments when I wear it. It goes with my skin chemistry. Gorgeous.

username101
username101

Isn't really my cup of tea. I gave it to my mom and surprisingly it smelled very nice on her!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

This one I like...First,I can smell spices, chocolate and the champagne on it. When times passes it leaves a musky, spicy, sweet smell on your skin. It is a rather strong frag, so I guess it's not for everyone.

Dragonfry70
Dragonfry70

This smelled very good when I first purchased it, but then, it began to smell cheap to me. I could smell the chocolate, which I liked, but it must have been the champagne that became off-putting. It also did not have much staying power on me.

beata.dźwilewska
beata.dźwilewska

Once I loved her very much.
Here in Poland, now virtually impregnable.
You can buy only for large sums of 149.90 zł =33.21 EU.
Certainly do not buy it, and shame: (

Wersja pl. Bardzo ją kiedyś lubiłam.
U nas w Polsce praktycznie teraz nie do zdobycia. Można kupić jedynie za wielkie sumy 149,90 zł = 33.21 EU. Napewno jej nie kupię, a szkoda :(

goingblonde
goingblonde

Very stong and very different,
To me a big burst of chocolate, spices and flowers .

i have to use it very sparingly or will get a headache .

Something about it makes me feel elegant .

aprilmoon
aprilmoon

Extraordinary is not for someone seeking a light and airy fragrance. It is robust, there is no doubt. Imagine a dark chocolate or a thick espresso....kind of like a dessert. I mainly smell chocolate in Extraordinary and later, an almost menthol note.I associate this perfume as strictly for night time wear and not for summer use. I bought it because a good friend did as well, and being an Avon frag, it was reasonably priced of course. But, this perfume is completely out of character for me personally and when I wear it I feel exposed...like I am doing something wrong; strange, I know! If you like dark, rich perfumes, and don't want to spend a lot of money, this has possibilities.

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

I really like this one. Always received compliments when wearing it. Long lasting and very chocolate in the smell of this one. Almost like Chanel Allure Home the man fragrance would be a great comparison.

SheShe
SheShe

I usually don't buy Avon perfumes and the bottle I have comes from swapping. I like the smell very much, I wasn't wrong when I read the notes and thought it was worth a try.

It's a beautiful chocolate with flowers, not truly edible because of the flowers really - and they fit perfectly. A beautiful lotus note. Extraordinary brings Kenzo's Bali to my mind and, if there wasn't chocolate in Extraordinary, 5. 40 P. M. in Madagascar by Kenzo because of pretty edible vanilla and lotus.

Well done, great job, Harry Fremont!

jblarson
jblarson

I am on my third bottle and just ordered two more. It is spicy, feminine, unusual and not overbearing. Although I enjoy many more classic fragrances, I hope to always have this Avon scent to come back to.

Angel10
Angel10

I am trying Extraordinary, and I am hoping you are right Patty, and that it is similar to Theorama! I will let you know what I think when it arrives.
Liking the price, that's for sure.

UD: rec'd, and it is good, but not great. Not terribly close to Theorama, but I can see how it's in the same family. I think the chocolate pulls it away.

I like it, and will use it some more to make a final decision.

UD: It's fine, but the pepper is not my favorite, as it is not quite smooth enough.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Extraordinary is a rich, spicy, sophisticated gourmand scent, with a predominant note of bittersweet chocolate. A chocolate-spicy aroma, as noor_jehan says. It totally reminded me of Fendi's Theorema. If you like Theorema, but can't afford it and want the cheaper "smell-alike" version, try Extraordinary!

This is an interesting scent. I wondered back then whether to get it. But after test-spraying it several times I figured it's not for me. It's an elegant scent that has some chocolate in it but not too strong.

Liina
Liina

First sniff is spicy but seconds later the chocolate starts to dominate. And it's a true chocolate scent. It'd be a dream come true for the chocolate-lovers. Later the fruity and floral notes come out and it seems like they start to play with the chocolate. Every time I smell my wrist it smells a bit different. One time it's just floral-fruity, then it's chocolate with citrus, then it's chocolaty florals, then it's gingery etc. Extraordinary can wear its name deservedly. It really is different and really nice perfume.

This a chic luxurious scent, and stands apart from most other Avon fragrances. I can smell mainly the champagne, chocolate, and ginger in this one. It's not a sweet fragrance though, and the floral notes keep it perfumy intead of smelling like dessert. It's a shame this one has been discontinued.

Lotofire
Lotofire

I was the first one to mention that this is like a lighter version of black orchid, but well, somebody else noticed it wich is a great thing; i get a metal/mineral note along the chocolate and the ginger and some kind of refreshing note of champagne (i love wine too) so bright and complex i dont know why avon does this kind of stupid things again and again sending away the best fragrances and keeping mostly the garbage in their catalog...i bought three bottles so im kind of having a stock of this great fragrance.

StarAnGeL

L O V E this one!! Its ashame they stop making it!! Why do they always stop making the good ones and keep the stnky ones??

chuaalba
chuaalba

Me la han regalado esta navidad,la han traido de Almaty,en España no se encuentra.Es como su nombre indica extraordinaria,duradera y tiene un toque oleoso,ademas del dulce seco que me maravilla.
Es sin duda el mejor perfume de avon,para mí.

gazelle
gazelle

I found a new bottle at an out of the way Avon store. I've been hunting one locally after reading such interesting comments. Yes, it is one potent and lingering fragrance. I like it and that's that, as emily put it. Happy 2011, all.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

It's lovely!

Opens citrusy with some fruit in the background, then tapers into a gingery mist of chocolate until it calms down into warm vanilla and cocoa, almost caramel-ish. Yet the florals are there, all the time lurking around the corner shyly, trying not to be noticed.

It is a strong scent so it should be used sparingly. It tends to have a masculine egde on me. Good for colder weather.

Woodelf
Woodelf

Avon Extraordinary lives up to its name. When I wear it, I am surrounded by a creamy sweet peppery cloud that is feminine and sophisticated without being too heavy. The champagne notes lift the heaviness of the woods making it fine for day or evening. The chocolate notes are intoxicating. It is at once sweet, but not cloying or girly; peppery and woodsy without being masculine (although I think that some men could actually wear this quite well.) It's not a hot weather scent, since this fragrance is probably too musky and peppery for that time of year, but overall, it's one of Avon's winners.

Passionflower
Passionflower

This is a great scent. Very uplifting, love the chocolate and the sparkly feel to it!

mocha43
mocha43

I enjoy the chocolate note combined with some spice. To me this is more a gormand scent than an oriental. Why Avon discontinues some very nice scents, and keeps others that are not so good, is a mystery to me. I purchased this on e-bay because it looked interesting and was low priced. I'm glad I did. The floral notes give it extra sparkle. It is very long lasting on me and the bottle is beautiful.

melia
melia

I got this as a sample (thanks vertigo!), let me describe it: winter juice with water and a little bit of spice. It sounds strange, but I like it very much actually! I tend to keep my nose to my wrists all the time. It is juicy, but in a light way with nice (spicy) undertones which lift it up. That juice is not overly sweet, just a bit in a elegant 'womenish' kind of way. Extraordinary is also not very heavy (though you might expect that with such a name), which makes it also wearable for younger females.

I understood Avon makes kind of budget-proof fragrances (of what I've seen on the internet, I never saw avon in a shop before in the Netherlands). So if your budget is limited, this is a very nice one to try!

sleepy owl
sleepy owl

i loved this one,especially the pepper notes.It was so good on cold winter days,but sadly i cant find it anymore

kashmir
kashmir

It was too heavy for me.

guest_JAS
guest_JAS

If the cocoa is an interesting combination that interest anyone, this is a nice scent, unfortunately, it is no longer produced by Avon. However, I suggest a scent that I found that comes close to this, yet surpasses this completely. I purchases 60's Pop, a fragrance by Avon and was astounded.

60's Pop encompasses this and much more with Top Notes of: Red Berry, Pepper, Plum, Middle Notes of: Freesia, Violet Leaf, Orris and Base Notes of: Cocoa, White Woods, Patchouli, and Musk, this was a hit with me instantly. 60's Pop is still available and when I purchased it, I was instantly transported back to the days of my childhood, the scent is truly amazing.

Sissi
Sissi

Luxury in a bottle with one spray your
addicted! the opening starts off with a
blast of Rich dark Chocolate with a nuance of pepper and an unsual concoction of tangerine and grapefruit
for the drying down. Ginger is easy to
detect but the chocolate is the dominate note here orchid with it's
semi-sweet Orchid as the suporting basis. the drydown has an bitter end with sandalwood the patchouli is barly
noticable the musk makes it sexy with
musk can make perfumes sexy. animalistic qualties are prevalent in one single spray.

the bottle is so elegant i thought is wasn't from avon; avon are know for there tacky cheap scents but this can be
a Relative to Dolce & Gabbana because it's so different from other avon perfumes. one spray i'm transported
to an Mansion in Beverly Hills and the paletes of Gold and black in the Bedroom where a luxious bed with golden sheets gold and black pillows with an black canopy with gold trimmiing a tall
sender woman with long wavy blonde hair
with gold stletto's and a shiny golden
top just there seductivly staring
and eating chocolate dipped srawberries.

it maybe from Avon but it's a Great Perfume.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I wish I were able to detect the vanilla, pepper and patchouli on my skin, but on me it smells reminiscent of a cocoa dusted grapefruit. The sweet and tangy notes don't sit well with me.

oh_caroline
oh_caroline

nice, but the ginger ruins it all for me. Too much ginger.

c3c
c3c

Well Extraordinary is certainly an interesting scent. On me it starts with a burst of chocolate spicy ginger, the softest hint of pepper, grapefruit and a tiny trace of guava. Then it begins to change to something rather strong and so tart it makes my mouth water, guava and sour grapefruit possibly? Slowly it becomes very reminiscent of Cinema, turns into Cinema and chocolate, then fades until it's gone. Much more than I expected. Much like Cinema I probably won't be wearing it often but I do like it. An evening fragrance. Probably best on cooler nights.

The_Entity
The_Entity

good price tag, i get complimented when i wear this, my friend didnt believe it was by avon, smells good enough to eat

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

Chocolates come to mind when you smell this fragrance........mmuuuhhhh nice

rinkybabycmh
rinkybabycmh

Perfect for the holidays. On me the chocolate and ginger smells dominated. It lasts a really long time but if you can't take strong scents I don't suggest this one.

vioversilver
vioversilver

My first thought - chocolate dipped strawberries - WOW! I'm a baker and this reminds me of the dark chocolate fudge we use in the bakery, wonderful stuff - but I do wish it would develop more into the florals and spices on my skin as the day goes on, but it does'nt for me, just stays sweet.
Lovely bottle, I love the delicate etched design on it.

12/10/09 This does alot better in my opinion in colder weather, I get more ginger & the chocolate is not as sweet - In hot humid weather Extraordinary is not at its best on me.

I finally got it!
Bitter dark chocolate is the most distinctive note in this perfume. So wearable for cooler months because it is so warm and radiant.
I would say it's the most bitter perfume in my collection, but I really like it. Extraordinary has a lot of class & glamour.

azuriiita
azuriiita

I did never think about use an avon fragrance... until now! Its a very pleasant surprise for me :) This one could be very well for my short travels :)
Ivete Sangalo was a perfect choice to promote this fragrance! She is very likeable and cute :) ... like this fragrance :)

vdxl
vdxl

This was a very nice fragrance for women. Sexy, classy, sheer, and with an outstanding bottle. It is also a very subtle reinterpretation of chocolate.

Russian
Russian

Avon has pretty decent fragrances,I must say.All of them are special and do not smell cheap,nor expensive,though.What I like about Avon is that each fragrance is specially chosen and represents a type of woman/personality/trait.
Avon Extraordinary is no exception.Though I wouldn't link the chocolate smell with the word extraordinary,it is a very nice perfume with a nice staying power,3-4 hours on my skin.And that's great for me!There are a lot of expensive fragrances that don't last that much on my skin.
I would have taken the vanilla from the base notes,but even with it it's a fine fragrance.
If you adore chocolate,here is a nice and non-expensive fragrance for you!

Mysticalili
Mysticalili

This perfume and Surrender are the best from Avon. Unfortunately the content in my bottle is ending in some months and I can´t buy it in Brazil anymore ´cause its discontinued in here...=( Every woman should try this one! =)

Jaquie
Jaquie

Smells to me a little bit like Britney`s Believe. You can smell the pepper and the chocolate. The scent is spicy and not too strong.

lillybee
lillybee

I bought this after looking for a spicy-chocolate-y scent. The fragrance is lovely up to the middle notes where I'm getting a fresh-spicy vanillic combo then it just stays so and doesn't develop further! Only at the very end do I get a tiny hint of sandalwood very close to the skin. I've never had problems with base notes developing on my skin especially woodsy ones like cedar, patchouli or sandalwood, I always wore them well. This is a complete disappointment. As the dark chocolate on my smells more like coffee as it mingles with citrus fruits / ginger and pepper, I stopped wearing (Extra)ordinary and bought Torrente L'Or instead. A beautiful creation that's just like what Extraordinary tried to be but couldn't.

tsofa
tsofa

When I smelled “Extraordinary” for the first time, the first thing I said to myself was: it is one of its kind… The dark chocolate scent note used seemed to be a very clever idea by AVON to bring in a fragrance.

Now a day, if you ask me what I think of it, I will probably answer that I am a bit confused with it here. I continue to like the dark chocolate scent note, but together with tangerine, pepper, vanilla included? I am not fond of those aroma scents added all together in the same fragrance anymore. I believe that I should had given some more thoughts before purchasing it (making always the same mistake, but with some exceptions…).

If I like “Extraordinary”? Believe it or not, I cannot say for sure… It seems that I can’t make up my mind after all!

Daisychain
Daisychain

I tried this perfume and it had a very long lasting effect. Sadly I had to stop using it as my boyfriend said it does not suit my skin.

I am now selling it on eBay UK. Search for "Avon Extraordinary Eau de Parfum".

F_A
F_A

What a nice surprise!I am trying this fragrance right now (thanks to SandraS!)and on my skin it smells like Muscat Champagne! And it surely has bubbles:) The base is very cinnamony and woody on my skin. Very interesting fragrance!:D And the staying power is good.

weswessa
weswessa

i fell in love with it,once smelt,top notes are very refreshing,middle and base are unique and longlasting,great one.

dani78
dani78

Gorgeous smell! One of the Avon’s best. It opens with voluptuous dark chocolate note, and then melts to something soft, creamy and sweet. Stays close to the skin and gives a cozy feeling.

sapphire73
sapphire73

Chocolate, it's what can smell in this fragrance. It also has a distinct spiciness. Very lovely, one of my favourite Avon perfumes.

nymeria
nymeria

:P this is like a...boudoir fragrance...smth i would wear on a romantic night with my boyfriend, while feeding him strawberry and champagne...but not a perfume you would like to wear in the middle of the day at a office meeting...u don't wanna play fetch the strawberry with the boss now, do u ? :)) it's way too heavy for daywear, and in some seasons even for the evening...a keeper for the winter or the fall

nauticaa
nauticaa

Nooo. big no. Too much to chocolate -heavy note makes me sick.I gave it away after I wore it once. It has something anoying with it, and I could't get it off...

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This is a wonderful perfume but you cant use too much!! I repeat! I has a warm, creamy, classy scent. Initally the peppery, chocolate with a hint of citrus. Next the vanilla, musk with a tiny bit of floral. Lastly a hint of the patchouli, sandalwood and strangly because it is a middle note, orchid! It is a beautiful scent, price is great but go easy on it. Usuing too much ruins it!

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Fantastic bottle! Scent was VERY strong! Not my thing as I prefer sweet scents. I agree with other comments that I could detect bitter chocolate, spiced champagne and pepper, but it was too heavy for me.

Annette87
Annette87

I love this! The scent is magical and the bottle is very elegant. Perfect for the fall and winter months. The bottle is so pretty that when my first one was empty it had to go on the shelf with my collection of pretty bottles.

SandraS
SandraS

Only fragance from Avon I like. Very warm and lasting without being overwelming.

The first note that hits me is chocolate powder, Then a litle peper and lotus, wrapped in wood notes. The dry down is very linear on me. I detect a "sour" note, that gives it body and keeps it from being sweet, making it very wearable. It stay on all day and makes me feel special and distint and a confident woman.

fluturashroz
fluturashroz

I didn't like it. It was a "heavy" perfume and everyone was asking me "What the hell are you wearing???"

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Well done Avon! The chocolate truffle note doesn't come up on me. It just smells like powder & spiced champagne. The bottle design is suspiciously identical to the Hermes 24 Fau. bottle. While Extraordinary isn't my favorite perfume, I do get quite a few compliments while wearing it. I don't wear it often, but I will keep a bottle in my collection. The lasting power is decent (around 2-3 hours). One of Avon's better scents.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

i simply love this chocolate-spicy aroma. it lifts the spirit and increases self-confidence. it is so luminous, sparkly and feminine. and the bottle is so elegant.

2007

Extraordinary by Avon 3.71 out of 5 based on 345 ratings and 96 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Extraordinary fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Extraordinary, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Extraordinary by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Extraordinary by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.