Designers » A » Chypre Floral « Groups

Facets Avon for women

Facets Avon for women
dislike

tuberose

Facets by Avon was launched in 1988 with notes of jasmine, violet, tuberose, labdanum, frankincense, sandalwood, oak moss and musk. Available as 50 ml EDC. The nose of the perfume is Ann Gottlieb.

Musk Jasmine French labdanum Tuberose Sandalwood oak moss Incense Violet

Parfum D'Or

Facets Fragrance Reviews

auroramccandless
auroramccandless

A lovely white floral perfume with a puff of incense. I think it's so beautiful. Yeah it's old fashioned but so what. So am I. The scent opens with a tuberose and jasmine, and labdanum. They smell buttery and rich. There could be a benzoin but it's listed as incense. The incense is more of a powder. Before long the violet smells really strong and it's pure violet on me. Beautifully floral, womanly, and confident. I wear this to dinner dates with my husband who loves this scent on me. The Eau de Cologne is still selling on ebay.

Madrona
Madrona

This one is too old school for me. White flowers, moss and incense intermingle in a very 1988 way. I understand what the fans are on about, but it's not my fave.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I used to have this when it was first launched, in 1988 or shortly after. I liked it then, and I still like it. I decided I wanted it again so I had to buy my bottle off ebay. Then I ended up finding three more, new in the box, old stock bottles at a thrift store. I'm glad I have it, and it's retained it's scent well, and hasn't gone "off". It's not as myrrh laden as Avon's Mesmerize, another of their vintage lovelies, but it still sort of has that "vibe".

I'm really finding that I'm loving experiencing the perfumes I used to love. Especially as it seems so many of the newer perfumes lack longevity, and projection. I miss the perfume powerhouse days. I have lots and lots of newer perfumes, but I'm slowly adding the vintage ones back into my collection.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

What a perfume! My nose had a good time trying to pick up on all the notes and the ones that aren't listed. This is an amber. It definitely has amber. It's also got some honey. There is something balsamic about it someone mentioned incense or myrrh but it's not very smoky at all so it's probably a balsamic myrrh. It smells really good but the texture is honeyed, soft and sticky. I could smell the flowers of tuberose jasmine French labdanum and violet. Out of all the flowers the tuberose is the strongest note. The violet also comes on pretty strong. It's a flowers-with-honey scent to my nose. And despite the tuberose it's not a screaming floral. It's soft and subtle. No one else can tell it's on me unless I've just sprayed it and it's still fresh. For some reason every time I wear this fragrance I feel like going to a fancy dinner. It makes me hungry. It's a fragrance that smells almost foody and spicy but without any real gourmand scents or spices. Beautiful, very feminine and sweet. Because it is so rare I don't know anyone in my social circle that wears it. I don't tell them what fragrances I wear and prefer to keep them guessing. Great stuff.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

Facets edc.

I sprayed generously and after the jasmine and tuberose introducedthemselves, I then got the most unique leathery, incense, frankensence, soft musk smell. It really caught me off guard but was pleasurably intriguing because these ingredients can turn harsh, but here it is refined and soft.

The white flowers swirl in and out of the insence , amber musk...sorceress review really did justice to the scent.

I really like this unique perfume!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Facets Of A Fragrance

This was my mother's favorite Avon perfume in the 80's. I loved how it smelled on her, sweet, warm and soft. On her it was very nice. This is my first Avon purchase and on me it's also very nice. For such an affordable inexpensive price, you get as much out of it as a fist class fragrance or expensive designer label frag. But it has to be this one as many of the other Avons are pretty ordinary fruity-florals. Ann Gottlieb created Facets in 1988. Facets has incense! This is a warm wearable incense which can also become powdery. It was powdery on me. Perhaps its' not real incense and it's actually myrrh. This wore more like a warm soft myrrh rather than a dark strong smoky incense. It's most likely the frankincense/olibanum. The bottle is so beautifully designed and has a sapphire gem as a stopper. Mine is a vintage 1988 eau de cologne spray. The back of the box has some instructions on how to properly use it and it reads: This is a natural spray (non aerosol). To apply hold the bottle 6 to 8 inches away press button down completely and spray lavishly on first use or re use after long periods of time. It all sounds very old fashioned but I followed instructions implicitly and it actually works. My skin eats perfume so it stayed on me all day. Men and women paid their compliments. The notes described on Fragrantica include: jasmine, violet, tuberose, labdanum, frankincense, sandalwood, oak moss and musk. This fragrance does not follow the three layered pyramid of progresion of top middle and base notes. They all come to you at once. I would also include amber and powder. The scent of white flowers of jasmine and tuberose are very prominent and they're warmed up by myrrh. It's sweet, very sweet. I never thought I'd actually wear one of my mother's old perfumes but in my discovery of vintages and classics, I've learned that women of the past smelled better than the women of today and therefore any woman of today wearing classic fragrances is going to be the best smelling of them all! This is lovely and one of the rare masterpieces of the Avon line.

mystica
mystica

My grandmother had this when I was a child and I so so crave for it!

I remember the incense, strong flowers, and creamy, balmy, powdery, musky nature of the scent...

The bottle & box too is adorable.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Avon Facets, circa 1988, is definitely a throwback to when perfumes were real perfumes, when real ingredients were used, when perfumes smelled strong and bodacious. It’s womanly and not for someone looking for a body mist full of fruit and bubblegum. It’s full of wonderful notes of oakmoss, leather, amber, incense and sandalwood that unfold as the hours go by as you sniff your wrist and you’re surprised as each layer unfolds. To reiterate, it’s a real perfume.
It lingers. It reminds you what perfume should be. It’s a classic scent that makes you want to dress elegantly and put up your hair. It reminds you of going out to dinner in a nice restaurant instead of a chain that advertises on tv. Is it old-fashioned? No. It’s just refined.
My bottle is from a box dated 1988 and is a faceted glass with a blue sapphire top that is really quite pretty. The eau de cologne surprisingly lasts for hours and a few sprays is enough to let others know you’re wearing it. It’s creaminess is beautifully done. Facets is a graceful perfume, sophisticated in a quiet way.

pinkpuppy
pinkpuppy

It really is one of a kind..
Comforting, Creamy, and Sophisticated.,
One of my Favorites from the Classic Avon Scents..
If you happen to find it, go and buy it, and experience one of the few Good Scents from Avon..

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I acquired this on eBay for a song and what a little treasure I have found!
The perfume has been discontinued but I have a 1988 edition and I have to say that I was transported into another time zone, another lifetime!
I was amazed that the fragrance has still retained its scent after all this time and indeed I thought that at the first spritz it had actually gone off. I forgot that the frags of that era were heavy on the alcohol and aldehydes, the fragrance quickly settles into a lovely and delicate creamy tuberose surrounded by flowers, violet, a soft jasmine, spices and moss.
It's like a journey throughout the woods on a warm spring day.
The scent makes me feel melancholy for those times gone by and I will wear this when I wish to get out of my skin and take that trip down memory lane.

maiker
maiker

I was looking for a avon perfume and I saw this, OMG memories come back so quickly, I had this in 1993. this is a DIAMOND in a bottle. such a lovely smell, I never ever smell any perfume like this one. hope one day get to smell you again.

Such a pity people & company like paris hilton, dior, revlon,jpg, armani, cant make something like this. well such is life. good things dont los long. is that why is so important to take care of them.

What a beauty and masterpiece! A full and thick floral balmy perfume! Thank you so much for this gorgeous gift my Persephone!

Opalwind

Oh wanderlust.. never, doubt thee again. I received my bottle of Facets (Avon) and my head is in a cloud as so many memories are flooding back.
My earlier review - obviously my dates were incorrect and thinking back I understand the mix up. On to the update:
I grieve no more. Considering the age of the full bottle I received (24 years old) I am more than pleased. Perhaps a wee bit lighter in strength (totally understandable) I am slowly capturing each element, one at a time. This classic, in it's simplicity, brings with it one singular question to those contemplating the re-aquiring of said Facets:
Do I really need to say the obvious?
Opal

Voopie
Voopie

I have to buy this one, just looking at the notes I just know that I will love it.

Opalwind

If I recall correctly, I found Facets and began wearing it (everyday) through 1985-86. I was blown back by it's simple sophistication. I normally wore crisp, clean scents but Facets seemed so elementally simple in it's contents that the contradiction upon wearing the scent simply sent my senses whirling. It is unique in it's structure and it's affect on myself and others around me. No one believed it was from avon. I do remember sharing my precious bottle (since it had vanished) to so many skeptics and when it was gone... I grieved.
I have found another bottle and have hopes that it was stored properly and I'm anxious to find out if the magic once found... can and will reveal itself again. Wanderlust... that impulse to travel. Something each of us (I hope) still carries within. Opal

veritech
veritech

I had this a long time ago and have never found a substitute. Poeme is close but not quite. Avon always gets rid of the really good ones and doesn't bring them back.I've missed this one for years! To get a review after something's been gone for so long makes a statement(this was some good stuff)!

reddoor2000
reddoor2000

Atruely amazing fragrance......very subtle,fresh and sophisticated

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

wow! i just discovered this EDC today at the fleamarket there was this guy who erritated of all her gramma AVON producst & i saw this one & smelled it... wow i've tried in on my wrist ???!! At first i was like ..OOOhh! it kind of dfferent fresh sensula smell. Nothing like i've ever tried & for the price i was *chock* so i've bought it & itMs on my wrist since this afternoon & men.. it's sweet! sophisticaed! one of a special kind of scent i'm sure i will get alot of question for this one :)
i really like it!

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

At first, the frankincense note scared me away, but I warmed up to Facets on a second try - it's got a spicy yet soft aroma. To my nose, I detected myrrh, though it's not listed as a note. I'm not familiar with the French labdanum note, so I couldn't detect it. This vintage Avon was not my cup of tea, but not bad. Though they don't share the same notes, it reminded me of the drug store classic Tabu, but not nearly as strong, much more subtle.

I so love this sensual perfume! A True Avon classic, Persephone gifted me this one in PURE perfume! Sheer heaven!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Facets fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Facets, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Facets by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Facets by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.