Designers » A » Chypre Floral « Groups

Facets Avon for women

Facets Avon for women
dislike

tuberose

Facets by Avon was launched in 1988 with notes of jasmine, violet, tuberose, labdanum, frankincense, sandalwood, oak moss and musk. Available as 50 ml EDC. The nose of the perfume is Ann Gottlieb.

Musk Jasmine French labdanum Tuberose Sandalwood oak moss Incense Violet

Parfum D'Or
273 Rodeo Drive

Facets Fragrance Reviews

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I acquired this on eBay for a song and what a little treasure I have found!
The perfume has been discontinued but I have a 1988 edition and I have to say that I was transported into another time zone, another lifetime!
I was amazed that the fragrance has still retained its scent after all this time and indeed I thought that at the first spritz it had actually gone off. I forgot that the frags of that era were heavy on the alcohol and aldehydes, the fragrance quickly settles into a lovely and delicate creamy tuberose surrounded by flowers, violet, a soft jasmine, spices and moss.
It's like a journey throughout the woods on a warm spring day.
The scent makes me feel melancholy for those times gone by and I will wear this when I wish to get out of my skin and take that trip down memory lane.

maiker
maiker

I was looking for a avon perfume and I saw this, OMG memories come back so quickly, I had this in 1993. this is a DIAMOND in a bottle. such a lovely smell, I never ever smell any perfume like this one. hope one day get to smell you again.

Such a pity people & company like paris hilton, dior, revlon,jpg, armani, cant make something like this. well such is life. good things dont los long. is that why is so important to take care of them.

What a beauty and masterpiece! A full and thick floral balmy perfume! Thank you so much for this gorgeous gift my Persephone!

Opalwind

Oh wanderlust.. never, doubt thee again. I received my bottle of Facets (Avon) and my head is in a cloud as so many memories are flooding back.
My earlier review - obviously my dates were incorrect and thinking back I understand the mix up. On to the update:
I grieve no more. Considering the age of the full bottle I received (24 years old) I am more than pleased. Perhaps a wee bit lighter in strength (totally understandable) I am slowly capturing each element, one at a time. This classic, in it's simplicity, brings with it one singular question to those contemplating the re-aquiring of said Facets:
Do I really need to say the obvious?
Opal

Voopie
Voopie

I have to buy this one, just looking at the notes I just know that I will love it.

Opalwind

If I recall correctly, I found Facets and began wearing it (everyday) through 1985-86. I was blown back by it's simple sophistication. I normally wore crisp, clean scents but Facets seemed so elementally simple in it's contents that the contradiction upon wearing the scent simply sent my senses whirling. It is unique in it's structure and it's affect on myself and others around me. No one believed it was from avon. I do remember sharing my precious bottle (since it had vanished) to so many skeptics and when it was gone... I grieved.
I have found another bottle and have hopes that it was stored properly and I'm anxious to find out if the magic once found... can and will reveal itself again. Wanderlust... that impulse to travel. Something each of us (I hope) still carries within. Opal

veritech
veritech

I had this a long time ago and have never found a substitute. Poeme is close but not quite. Avon always gets rid of the really good ones and doesn't bring them back.I've missed this one for years! To get a review after something's been gone for so long makes a statement(this was some good stuff)!

reddoor2000
reddoor2000

Atruely amazing fragrance......very subtle,fresh and sophisticated

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

wow! i just discovered this EDC today at the fleamarket there was this guy who erritated of all her gramma AVON producst & i saw this one & smelled it... wow i've tried in on my wrist ???!! At first i was like ..OOOhh! it kind of dfferent fresh sensula smell. Nothing like i've ever tried & for the price i was *chock* so i've bought it & itMs on my wrist since this afternoon & men.. it's sweet! sophisticaed! one of a special kind of scent i'm sure i will get alot of question for this one :)
i really like it!

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

At first, the frankincense note scared me away, but I warmed up to Facets on a second try - it's got a spicy yet soft aroma. To my nose, I detected myrrh, though it's not listed as a note. I'm not familiar with the French labdanum note, so I couldn't detect it. This vintage Avon was not my cup of tea, but not bad. Though they don't share the same notes, it reminded me of the drug store classic Tabu, but not nearly as strong, much more subtle.

I so love this sensual perfume! A True Avon classic, Persephone gifted me this one in PURE perfume! Sheer heaven!

Facets by Avon 4.13 out of 5 based on 23 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Facets fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Facets, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Facets by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Facets by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.