Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Far Away Avon for women
dislike

I have it: 850 I had it: 810 I want it: 191 My signature: 11

coconut

Far Away by Avon is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Far Away was launched in 1994. Top notes are karo karounde, ylang-ylang, orange, coconut and peach; middle notes are jasmine, osmanthus, rose, violet, gardenia and freesia; base notes are vanilla, sandalwood, musk and amber.

Karo Karounde Ylang-Ylang Orange Coconut Peach

Jasmine Osmanthus Rose Violet Gardenia Freesia

Vanilla Sandalwood Musk Amber

Far Away Gold
Private Room

Far Away Fragrance Reviews

The_Entity
The_Entity

It's not expensive, it doesn't smell expensive, but not unpleasant, a warming coconut musk, glad it's still best seller after 20 yrs, a very nostalgic scent

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Legend on it's own.

chuckywife

l am not a huge fan of this heavy heavy vanilla- musky -coconut creamy mix, but it is pretty awesome and l can stand it..it s weird, but in a pleasant way. woman must know how to wear it.first smelled when l was 10, still loving it after 15 years.l would buy it, but wont use it when l am with my boyfriend, he doesnt like it.it is heavy for most man, but to me it makes me feel calm and relaxed

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

It's no wonder this is Avon's best selling perfume!! Wow!! I cannot believe how amazing this is! Aside from the notes that are mentioned, I can smell tuberose and I must admit to this having shades of Thierry Mugler Alien.
This is beautiful, exotic, unusual, (it will not be recognised despite this being Avon's most popular fragrance), powerful and utterly addictive. I have really fallen hard for this and I'm going to order some back up bottles. One day, this little bottle of joy will be a classic, which will be coveted by many a perfumista who cannot get their hands on this any longer.
Longevity is astounding and the silage is massive.

ninanedovic
ninanedovic

I really like the scent of this perfume. It is strong, but i like it strong. Yesterday I applied it at 5:30pm and I could smell it the next day at about 1:30pm. And I didn't applied it anymore after the first time. I love it!

stacey_nay
stacey_nay

I just have a little vial of this. I have a soft spot for Avon fragrances because they remind me of growing up in a little country town where everyone, even schoolgirls, had Avon parties. Going through an Avon catalogue still gives me a jolly.

I find the name sort of cringe-worthy in its vague exoticism, not meant to call to mind any place in particular, just as long as it's not here (the cultural "other"). ANYWAY. The bottle is sort of sweet and kitsch and I like it. The first time I smelled this fragrance, I was overwhelmed with a feeling of familiarity, making me think I've probably smelled this many times before in my life without identifying it.

On my skin, I get soft and lovely vanilla, coconut, and resinous, powdery amber. Others have commented that it is quite strong, but I didn't think it so on my skin, and my partner spontaneously described it as "subtle." Unfortunately, it only lasts for 2 hours or so on my skin before fading away almost completely, or else I'd buy a full bottle of it.

CosmeHaul
CosmeHaul

This review is for a 1994 bottle of Eau de Parfum Spray from the first pre-sale, which I understand is different from the Far Away manufactured now. I got my bottle from a family friend who sold Avon, and even though it was far too "mature" for me at the time, I had to have it because the marketing materials emphasized that it contained "real chocolate" (cacao, which I think the marketing materials called "essence of cocoa" or something).

The 1994 verson was a heavy blend of tonka bean--not vanilla at that time--ylang ylang, cocoa, incense, musk, freesia, osmanthus, a tad bit of jasmine, and pepper.

There was no coconut, vanilla, or orange in the '94 version, but I see where people are getting them, and it wouldn't surprise me if they've cheaped out by using them now. (In 1994, Avon used costlier ingredients in this, and this one had a higher price point than their other fragrances.) I don't remember if the peach was always there or not and this bottle has blended over time so I can't tell if there.

I definitely smell osmanthus and freesia in with all that tonka bean and musk and spices. There's a slight powdery dry-down from the florals, but in this 1994 version the scale is tipped toward the sweet and musky.

Far Away is a good name for this fragrance, because it's not of this time or place...a place from a distant decade that no longer exists. Think 1920's far-Eastern travel, or a flapper in an opium den, or Rudolph Valentino burning musk oil and tonka bean incense while tangoing with Natacha Rambova on a balmy evening surrounded by freesia.

If you're into those things, the '94 version of this fragrance is the way to go, because it was beautifully blended. My mother's Avon-lady friend had connections to some of the intel behind Avon's perfumes at the time, and I remember her telling me how proud and excited they were about this fragrance because they'd used a well-renowned "nose" to develop it, and expensive ingredients.

I do think you have to have a very specific body chemistry and personality for this fragrance, and it must be applied exptremely sparingly. I wear it to a lot of vintage events, and one spritz to the ankle or the back of a knee is plenty. If it seems like not enough I just touch my wrist to the spot I applied it, and it's always plenty.

But really, you either love it or hate it.

Edited to add: Reviewing this made me try to remember more about what my mom's Avon-lady friend told me about this fragrance at the time. I recall her saying this was Avon's attempt at doing something Shalimar-like-but-different, because 1920's were having a big moment on the runways and Shalimar had morphed from classic to suddenly hot again. While they're two different things, I can definitely smell vintage Shalimar as an inspiration, which I suspect contributed to the name of this fragrance, too.

Lilah Veil

Thank you, Jake! Negative reviews are welcome, good, and I write plenty. I own two bottles of this "nasty" vanilla sugar. It's perfectly okay to dislike it. Many people feel the same as you do about Far Away but something about your review makes me want to spray a whole bottle on and pay you a visit. :D For some reason, I am also glad you have nothing else to say.

One has to love and be careful spraying this deep, fine amber, high quality vanilla and sandalwood for it to work. It is monstrously strong; one reason I love it!

I don't care for Timeless either. Will you review your favorite to wear? I'm curious.

*spritz, spritz, spritz, spraaaaaaay, spritz, spritz spraaaaay* I'm on my way, Jake! You'll know I'm close within 5 miles! Say cheese while we snap our Facebook photos snuggled close! ;)

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

This was a blind buy and it didn't work for me:( Too much vanilla for my nose, so I gave it to my mother. For me this scent is like a cheaper version of Ange ou Demon by Givenchy.

Lilah Veil

Oh dear Mattsky, ol' pal... whatever would give you the egotistical notion women only wear perfume to entice men?

First of all, taste and smell are subjective. We do not all like the same things. It keeps life interesting. So.. 95% of all males get a headache smelling Far Away and find it sexually unappealing? Really? That is an interesting statistic. It's like this - Sometimes, "Girls just wanna have fun", and we wear what smells good to us, FOR us, though it's always nice to meet an international spokesman for 95% of males worldwide. :) We do not always wear fragrance to attract men. I know some women who deliberately choose certain fragrances to repel men on a girl's night out or various other reasons.

Far Away is a love/hate scent for many. That's okay. Despite that, it happens to be Avon's best selling perfume. Ever. (I think) That is the reason for the release of a newer version called Far Away Gold; to commemorate its huge success. I personally love the original Far Away and will definitely be sampling The Gold. I ADORE Far Away, so my only suggestion to those who dislike it is to stay Far Away from me, because I will continue to wear it. YAH! ;)

Searro
Searro

When purchasing from Avon, there's about as much turnover as with Victoria's Secret's fragrances. But I wanted something oriental and attention-getting. While not altogether disappointing, I can't say Far Away was worth the $14.99 I paid at the Avon kiosk.

To be fair, Far Away is a delicately exotic eau de parfum that's easy on the nose, and holds on the skin for a good 6-7 hours. It isn't terribly strong, and the coconut notes aide the sandalwood and ylang-ylang which cling gently in the eventual drydown. Ladies of all ages can appreciate this fragrance's resemblance to a summer body mist you might buy at Victoria's Secret, like Sensual Amber or the Heavenly line. "Brisk" might suffice as the most fitting adjective for Far Away, and it isn't one of those perfumes that divide its wearers into adamantly Love-It or Hate-It cliques. I might compare it to Avon's Haiku, in the sense that it's gentle, yet distinctive and foreign.
Give it a try!

Mrbigbigtoe

It is a very sexy fragrance. VERY alluring and seductive. Really and truly, it is better than White Diamonds:) Also, I LOVE/ADORE White Diamonds so this is a compliment!

Maddy45
Maddy45

This perfume is absolutely perfect exotic, oriental, floral fragrance of this perfume that provides long-lasting and generally appeals to the winter but in the spring are suitable, but can be a bit heavy for summer. :)I would definitely recommend

bonnie52
bonnie52

I received this in the mail today. I used to wear it years ago but used up what I had and moved on. I saw it on here and it sparked my interest again. I am so happy I ordered more! It's so beautiful! I don't think it's as strong as it used to be but still has pretty good sillage. Far Away is my very favorite vanilla perfume. The combination of the fruity, floral and vanilla scents is intoxicating! I won't be without it again. For those of you who think it is too strong, try the new formulation; it has been tamed down a bit.

ks30
ks30

Oh YUM!!! I still love Far Away after all these years! i am on my 3rd bottle now. I love the warm embrace of the creamy vanilla, coconut and florals as the scent envelops me in pure sweetness. Will always be in my collection,,,always!

scented hubby
scented hubby

I don't leave reviews very often but I see many "entertaining", wonderful and downright unnecessarily RUDE comments and feel the need to put in my own 2 cents. My wife has about 60 perfumes. They ALL smell nice, however, this one is the one that makes me feel the most comfort when cuddling with her. There is something, probably the vanilla, that is such a feel good scent. I don't find the scent overpowering or extremely strong as some say even with my head on her shoulder. Go for it ladies…try it! Even if you aren't crazy over it, I can tell you, men are!

Shwets
Shwets

Im so in agreement with many others. The vintage was amazing and now even though it smells kind of similar its is nauseating! I remember being besotted and now the same fragrance makes me feel queasy. Unbelievable.

Jahzara
Jahzara

I receive this perfume as a gift from my mother. I like it! It's a bit on the heavy side and it's long lasting!
And it's so cheap! Worth to have this in you collection.

possession83
possession83

It's not the same formula as it was 10 years ago. When I first had this fragrance I remember that it was very soft, mysky, vanilla scent with oriental floral notes underneath. I still can smell that distinctive note, which you cannot mistake with any other perfume, but now it's a bit synthetic. I can't smell flowers at all. It's a shame, because I associate so many pleasant memories with that old Far Away. I regret I won't be able to smell it again just the way it was then.

dina
dina

I've been wanting to test this classic from Avon for a very long time ago... oops! I said classic :)

Yes I totally agree with milenamp in the previous review, it reminded me, for a while, of JPG Classique but again, it has that sort of cheap, synthetic, soapy note that's common in all Avon perfumes which I don't like.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I'm testing from a 1998 bottle. This is a pleasant, sweet vanilla, coconut, and ylang-ylang scent. I'm not the biggest fan of ylang because it is often is harsh and plasticine on my skin, but it works okay here. Most of the other notes are missing to my skin. It's sweet and summery but could be a bit heavy if over applied. After it dries down some, I get lovely wafts of warm vanilla sugar and coconut cream. If it was packaged more prettily I'd probably like it more (I know that sounds silly, but packaging is really important to me).

milenamp
milenamp

On me it is mostly musky smell with notes of vanilla, rose, white flowers and just a bit of coconut. It is very seductive and feminine; however,it would be perfect with a less musk.
Reminds me on Classique by JPG, which is one of my favorite perfumes.
Generally, beautiful smell which is appropriate to my skin chemistry.

usualla
usualla

my aunt gave it to me a couple of years ago.it reminds me of reb'l fleur. it smells good and lasts for about 8hours.great for any season of the year

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

I don't know how I went through 32 years of my life without smelling this. It's beautiful. I can see how it would be a bit much if someone oversprayed it, but if used with a light hand, it's so divine. Yes, it's a bit powdery - which usually turns me off - but it's not overpoweringly powdery. It's more creamy, I think. Creamy coconut & peach. Like some sort of delicious summer fruit with whipped cream on top.

sygrid29
sygrid29

this is avon's masterpiece perfume they ever created. strong sillage and last so well especially on clothes. best suited for warmer countries like the philippines. i find the powderness of far away very comforting during the summer.

I had very fond memories of Far Away. I bought myself a bottle via Ebay and the first thing I said upon applying it was, "THIS IS SO MY JAM".
This is a lush, creamy but slightly green gardenia with THICK ASS coconut, sandalwood and a very nice, non syrupy peach note.
It's basically the big, badass mother of Estee Lauder's Brasil Dream.
I can only chalk up all the hate to the fact that a lot of people hate gardenia and find it overpowering and/or "granny" smelling. I have an unapologetic love of all things gardenia so, whatever haters!
I see that the majority of voters think this is a fall/winter fragrance but I'm basically going to be choking everyone out with this all summer long. I swear I'm not even usually tacky like that, but I love Far Away that much.

tuoksuhullu
tuoksuhullu

This vanilla scent is lovely, but too heavy even for me. Sprayed on my wrist, it was overwhelming for the first 2 hrs. Overall this scent lasted for 8-10 hrs.

One spray on air and walk through that mist is enough at least for me.

Mrbigbigtoe

A lady I know has this and personally if you want a man to follow you around trying to smell you, just put this on:)

HyacinthBucket
HyacinthBucket

A nice little cheapie fruity floriental with lots of sweet peach, vanilla, gardenia and jasmine. A very sweet fragrance with excellent sillage and longevity. For the price it is an absolute bargain.

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

Prefer Far and Away Exotic but this is still pleasant and good for the summer months.

pink and pink
pink and pink

Far away...Extra feminine,powerful,warm and delicious. Lovely same time sexy. One of my favourites. Avon's best seller i think.

d666666
d666666

I can't comprehend how this fragrance could be my signature favourite scent in the 90s and how different it smells now. Is it still the same fragrance?I could smell something out of this world in it and now it makes me nauseated and reminds me of elderly ladies in fur coats.

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

Phew! That's my finger had a work out scrolling down here to write this review and my eyes have went all fussy on the way down, anyways! back to the review :-). It has to be said it's been awhile since I was a teenager wearing this at high school. Really sophisticated for it's time and nothing else out there can match up to it's sweet vanilla, powdery allure. Somewhat comforting but staying power is a monster, teenagers today 2014 snap up bottles from your mums avon reps or shop online. Far Away is a very dreamy scent & with matching deodorant spary, talc it's worth every single penny. Love It!!♥♡♥♡

LeahJane1972
LeahJane1972

I'm not sure why, but something in this perfume gives me a headache abd slight nausea. Not good on me at all.

Tsukinohime
Tsukinohime

It's been years since I bought my last bottle. After sniffing it countless times on random people, I decided that it became too common and stopped wearing it. I mean, who wants to smell like 10 other women you met down the street?

A couple of years and dozens of Lancome and Estee Lauder perfumes later, I decided to give this one another go.I got this fragrance in a cute, star shaped decanter, which was a limited edition release for the holiday season. Applied it on my wrist and almost immediately that familiar powdery vanilla sweetness emerged. It was only 2 small drops but I can catch whiffs of it when I move my hands about. As others pointed, this is a very heady scent and should be applied with care. It stays a considerable amount of time and the scent radiates within arm's length. Of course, it became softer with time. The period as the scent mellows is the best time to enjoy it. Jasmine is the most prominent note, but it is softened by the sweet vanilla. The woody base kept it from becoming too cloying.

This is a rather unique blend that I never find anything similar to. Almost iconic in a way and could be considered a modern classic. Tastefully crafted and can give any designer or luxury brands a run for their money. The yin-yang rounded cap and black tassels over a frosted circular bottle is almost instantly recognizable as Chanel no 5's square vessel. A high quality production all the way and would definitely put snobby parfumista in their places. 20 years old as of now and still thrill perfume lovers all over the world. Surely that is a testament to this perfume's enduring legacy. No wonder everyone seem to be wearing it everywhere I go. As for me, I don't think I will be buying another bottle soon, but I will be back to my 10ml decanter from time to time to remind myself of this special fragrance.

sisanirg
sisanirg

My first perfume purchase. I used to love this then something has changed and now it's my most hated one. Gives me headache and suffocates me. Became too powdery and way too vanillary for my taste.
Somehow it smells for me like a stuffy room.

Debra1

One of my Signature Orientals, Wow Va Va Voom!!!, In High Class Way. Warm Comforting Aluring Vanilla and Amber, Softened by Exotic CoCo Nut, Spices and Florals, and Powdery Sents, It has What ever it is that makes a Makes a Clasic High End Perfume, with the Perfect Ballance of Notes, and Spices, It's just Sweet enough and With Out Heavy in Your Face Sents, Not too Sweet, but Sweet Enough to Be Femine. No Heavy Bitter Notes, Just Rich Opulence, and gentle Florals with Out the Rich Pice Tag. I Got Tons of Compliments for 12 dollars a bottle on sale at Avon

ummimtrish
ummimtrish

I like this :) I don't get any coconut like many of the other reviewers; just a lot of powdery vanilla with a bit of an apricot type scent.

It's a comforting scent for me. Whenever I smell it, I want to curl up under a blanket with a book and a cup of tea. It smells intense straight from the bottle and it took my breath away when I first sprayed it because it was really heavy, but it softens after a little while. For this reason, I would wait a while before going out in public if I choose to wear it out, but I'll probably end up wearing this in my house. It lasts a really long time, too. I put it on before bed, and I can still smell it the next morning.

For the price (I got it on sale), I would choose this one over any other inexpensive vanilla scented perfumes/body sprays (looking at you, Vanilla Lace!).

6/13/14
I thought that this would only be an "at home" scent, but I've been wearing it out a lot more recently. I just use one spray to the back of the neck and it wraps me in the fluffiest fragrance cloud :)

kiristarr
kiristarr

When I first purchased Far Away, I hated it. I thought it smelled cheap, synthetic, and overly sweet. I continued to give it a chance as a home scent, and it began to grow on me. Gradually, I realized that when I do wear it, I cannot stop sniffing my wrist. I still consider Far Away to be a home scent. It definitely doesn't smell expensive, but there is something comforting and delicious about it. Far Away, you made me fall in love, you sneaky little devil.

Debra1

This is One of My Oriental Favorites, I Often Wear Wearm, Floral, Just the right Touch of Sweet and Spice, Aluring Musky Amberish Classy Yet Inviting, Avon often has sales on this at least 2 to 3 times a year for 10 Dollars, I jump on it! It's Got All The Bells and Wistles of Everything to Love about it, It Fits my Budget and smell like a high end expensive Perfume, and the Bottle is Beautiful, the Sent Will get You Noticed and It's Intoxicating, What A Bargin!!!

lirael00
lirael00

I've found this at my mum's place and kindly asked her if i can borrow it. Yes, Avon can truly make good fragrances (for a very low price) and Far away is one of them for sure. You get the flying carpet experience, it's exotic and mysterious but not over the top. I don't get as much coconut as I get powdery vanilla and amber. And the lasting power is great too. Hopefully my mum won't notice that her bottle is gone and I can keep this little gem for myself.

lilou
lilou

Nice, sweet, powdery floral fragrance. Timeless, feminine, clean and soapy. Coconut is very present, too much for me. I would have liked more vanilla and less coconut.
Very strong, I understand why some members have had headaches.

Catherine Vieira
Catherine Vieira

One of my favorites from this house. It's a little bit sweet and you have to be carefull 'cause, if you spray too much you will probably have a headache. It's a strong fragrance and certainly will call people attention.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Well what can be said, this is probably avons most successful scent. It truly is a masterpiece it is one of the few fragrances that truly is heavy and long lasting. I love it, it is feminine yet strong. sharp yet sweet. It is a true oriental classic. It is sexy warm cosy and powerful at the same time. It will suit a wide range of women whether you are the casual laid back type or the edgy multi-personality type. This fragrance is versatile and fitting for all. Brilliant lasting power both on skin and clothes. It is also a very intimate fragrance i think it could be used to seduce, as well as used for office wear dinner parties or walking the dog. It oriental classy mixture of cream, vinnalla peaches and woods. It is inviting cosy casual and seductive.
The bottle is amazing and unique, no dressing table or shelf should do without this bottle, everything about this scent is wonderful and it is unique and in years to come this scent will still be remembered as a true classic and vintage perfume.

noxii
noxii

not a good vanila perfume it is faaaar awayyy from vanila perfumes like hypnotic poison

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Must love sweet spicy orientals!

A very heavy, very sweet oriental that has it all.. Vanilla, Spices, florals (jasmine & ylang ylan), woody, lightly fruity (coconut & peach), musky, a bit powdery, and I also get a smoky incense.

First spray (and you can easily get away with just one) I smell warm sweet vanilla with lots of spices, coconut, ylang ylang and gardenia.. As it warms on my skin I get more of the woods and musk and a powdery note evolves. I also get a smokiness. It fades out to a warm vanilla, amber, sandalwood with a touch of spices. The sweet vanilla stay thru the entire wearing reminding me of a spicier jpg classique at times.

Sillage is huge for first hour then stays at arms length. Lasts all day and most of the night, a good 8-10 hours on me which is extremely rare.

Far Away is a powerhouse that should not be sprayed in a small space, or just before leaving as could easily become too much of a good thing.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Ethereal, mysterious, what I imagine the long ago Far Eastern World women must have worn as their perfume oils. Yes, the name fits this perfume. Seven hours ago I sprayed my wrist from two feet away gently and the scent of this oriental fragrance is still heavily with me.
I owned it years back and last summer acquired an older bottle. I've waited for a colder day of winter to wear it again. This is a glorious fragrance.
It's rich and thick in its entire run and certainly not for someone shy or one who likes a lighter, cleaner fragrance. Gardenia and coconut stand the strongest for me with sandalwood wrapped around these notes in a thick musky way. The musk that I inhale from Far away is not the musk that I get from perfumes I've been sampling lately. This musk is thick, almost syrupy, so embracing, that when coupled with the wood it could be stifling if over-sprayed. This is such an exotic smelling perfume that goes on and on and on. Spray a scarf or doily in your home and the scent will be there for days.
Close your eyes and it evokes images of rawness, of sexual energy, of days in spring gardens bursting with fresh blooming flowers, of oiled wooden barrels with leather straps filled with intoxicating hot spices, even of antique liquor cabinets that house fine wines and assorted liquors and liqueurs. It takes you to many places.
It's a perfume that entices you to return to your wrist again and again to remind you of those images. It's really that wondrous in its composition.
If I wore it out, I'd spray it prudently, so as not to offend anyone. It's very strong and in today's fruity-gourmand times, Far Away may not be to everyone's liking. A delicate spritz from a few feet away or a walk-through spray is more than enough.
This is a picturesque perfume, one that will bring images to your mind when wearing it. That's when a perfume is worth it's weight. Housed in an opaque round bottle with an art deco fuschia and black round cap, cordoned with a black tassel, Far Away should be on anyone's sample list.

Lingonberry
Lingonberry

I really enjoy this fragrance. Moderate sillage and longevity. Despite its vanilla powdery description with lots of florals and fruit, the notes merge onto my skin into a lovely rhubarb scent with vanilla on the side for a gorgeous balance. I never thought I´d say rhubarb but that´s exactly how it turns out. A hint of spiceyness is also detected, just enough to give it some warmth, but it is still a very fresh and sweet yet soft fragrance. If sprayed more liberally, I get a faint hint of violet. I would like to try layering it with a violet soliflore fragrance, I bet it´s a winner.
I´m very pleased with this fragrance and I can´t believe that it doesn´t smell dated. I also really can´t believe how incredibly low priced it is.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Very sweet and powdery-sheer like icing sugar. Too sweet really but still a nice, feminine, pretty scent for young girly girls.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I really want to try this one, and the others in the Far Away line. I had a friend who sold Avon but she gave it up a while ago...sometimes you can find Avon stands at farmers markets round here I will definitely try and seek this out. I like the idea of Arabic spice markets and also the fact that people say this isn't a heavy scent. Chocolaty sounds great for winter (I work in a chocolate shop and when I leave, people are always sniffing
my clothes ) I like Coco and different amber scents so perhaps I will also like this.

Libran
Libran

This is the one Avon fragrance I have bought over and over again. I have lost count of how many bottles I have used. Floral and feminine with amazing lasting power. During a hospital visit a nurse on my ward wore this and she smelt lovely. The balance between the sweet coconut and the white floral is perfect and so pretty, I would be heartbroken if Avon ever discontinued this perfume! I have read so many rave reviews over the years, hundreds of women can't be wrong!

g1gglesg1rl

I am so excited I found my small roll on purse bottle of this today. I thought I had lost it. It's been a few years since I have worn this scent (see my previous review) but it hasn't lost any of it's charm on me. Ahhh how I have missed this smell on my skin.

Has almost convinced me to buy another full sized bottle even though I'm wanting to try some thing new....almost ;)

keviday
keviday

Ooh, boy this one does go on strong--only one spray needed! To me the the most prominent notes initially are sweet peaches and coconut. The florals can't really break through that syrupy wall of sweetness in the beginning. I think I can pick out some freesia though (more sweetness!)and a hint of jasmine. After about an hour, the scent peaks when the standard "Avon musk" appears with amber (MORE sweetness!!) and a very powdery artificial vanilla and sandalwood.
Is it synthetic? Yes. Is it dated? Yes. Is it addictive? Hmmm, yes! It's warm and dreamy and the thick quality of the scent almost makes me feel woozy. I do like sweets and I like musk but there is something so heavy here that I would feel self-conscious wearing this in public. Like another reviewer mentioned below, I can see the connection to JPG's Classique particularly in the deep dry-down, about two hours in. As an added bonus, the hubby seems to like it. For notstalgic reasons, I'll hang onto it, but I think it will have to be a home/bed scent for me.

reemos
reemos

i love the compenation of the scent;just the right amount of sweetness with a poudery finish note that makes it edgy, the scent is warm and subtle ..... in short terms i loved it.

g1gglesg1rl

This used to be my signature scent for a few years in my early 20's & I just adored it. The guy I was seeing then also approved & always mentioned how amazing I smelt. This is a very soft, feminine & sensual scent which I very much enjoyed wearing & I would recommend highly to those who enjoy a sweet musk smell.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

On me this is a powdery vanilla orchid/coconut love child of Lancome's Poeme (minus the yellow floral mimosa notes) and JPG classique (minus the makeup-y nailpolish and baby powder notes) it is sweet and tangy and quite exotic on the right chemistry but it will either suit you or it won't it's a love or hate fragrance. It also needs to be applied with caution - if possible bypass buying the spray bottle (and the body spray which is very metallic smelling and makes me itchy) and go for the purse concentrate or the xmas edition minis they put out so you can dab on the right amount. If you can't get a small version make sure to apply one spray and allow to sit at least an hour before riding the bus or train as this one will knock everyone out. A classic well done scent when appropriately applied/if it suits your chemistry - I must stress you must be a fan of coconut and orchid to enjoy this otherwise it will overwhelm you- a must try for fans of powdery oriental vanilla orchid scents and if it smells good on you (i.e doesn't turn synthetic smelling) go for it! Unfortunately this one is a bit overwhelming on me and though I have had positive comments from some I have also had the odd 'what's that smell' comment from wearing in an office environment also so not everyones cup of tea.

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

Right! i was going to say Orchid as well!
This is a very nice floral bouquet in this.

Vanilla, balmy, lots of balanced florals of the Freesia Gardenia type. Very "pink", almost like Orchid/Cyclamen.
stilted with sandalwood/vanilla/coconut at the end. Well balanced i think.
Good for all ages, and mature.

pfelis
pfelis

Very warm and cozy yet sexy. The sexieness of Far Away is in a casual way. In my opinion it is a portrait of a woman who is very self confident, yet very warm, loving and kind to other people. It smells both strong and soft. Notes are very well blended. On my skin I would describe the scent vanilla powdered, creamy gardenias. So sweet, warm and powdery that I would use it during autumn and winter.

hopscotch-bunny
hopscotch-bunny

Far Away smells like an orchid: one of those gorgeous yellow and purple flowers with very strong smell.

dipisor
dipisor

It's sooo sweet and sexy ;) It was one of my first perfumes which I've bought. So many memories... :)

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

This was the first perfume I ever bought from Avon and I have always liked it. It's unusual with an interesting mix of notes, tropical smelling but at the same time it's an at-home scent with its musky warmth.

liiva
liiva

Actually, when I smell it I do not feel just vanilla or just coconut or amber. They are very good blended and I strongly feel that flowers there are very much.
Strong perfume with good longevity.

thepurplesheep
thepurplesheep

Bought this as I love Violet jasmine and rose, but it's awful on me, I get that sickly sweet soapy smell that I can't identify what it comes from, ( i wish i could pin it down)and unfortunately smells vile on me, and gives me a headache, shame really as if that wasnt there I would probably like it but it is so over powering.

MarillaV
MarillaV

A true floral oriental on my skin, it has a strong heart of jasmine and freesia. Almost a little too much for my tastes. The dry down is delicious, though. Lovely coconut and vanilla with a hint of musk. Not sure about the floral heart, perhaps I will try Far Away Exotic to see if that does better on my skin.

Lealof1988
Lealof1988

Oh, Far Away. This is one of my favorite perfumes, and very reminiscent of my grandmother. She sold Avon, and wore this perfume. I still have one of the bottles she gave me before she passed.

This a cozy scent, and it definitely starts off sweet and powdery. The vanilla is there as well. As time goes on, and the dry down occurs, the muskiness happens, the sandalwood and vanilla mix together, and the warmness comes in. That's the part I love, and reminds me so much of my grandmother.

People talk about the exotic factor, and I can catch a bit of the ylang-ylang..That's what makes it "oriental"...However, to me, it's faint.

Oh, and do not bathe yourself in this, ladies! A squirt on the pulse points goes a long way, and the lasting power can range up into the next day!

Viviane França
Viviane França

Esse pra mim tem uma das piores fragrâncias que já senti. Extremamente doce e enjoativo. Não sei como a Avon ainda consegue manter o perfume no mercado. A maior bizarrice já criada.

umtaleb
umtaleb

It is a coconut bomb on me, faint vanilla. This is an edible, sweet, synthetic coconut. For a more realistic coconut, try Far Away Exotic, toned-down coconut, more well-balanced notes.

morphoeugenia
morphoeugenia

This has extraordinary sillage I've found. It also lasts and lasts. It is a scent I would use sparingly, for I find the coconut to be a bit robust almost bordering on takeover.

clancyann
clancyann

This fragrance is like a mix of Vanilla Fields, Madonna Truth or Dare (fat white floral), Givenchy Ange ou Demon (similar spicy sweetness) and Amarige, and Dior Hypnotic Poison (root beer). That may sound like a hot mess! But I like it SO much. It's a great bedtime fragrance, comfortable but also fine for any occasion, unless oversprayed, of course! I think more people would like it if it weren't sort of a budget fragrance.

cwolf
cwolf

I bought a little 9ml 'purse concentrate'. This is so not concentrated!
Firstly, I really love all the notes. I love the vanilla, the gardenia, the coconut, peach and ylang ylang. Its a really pretty floriental. But my gosh, it is weak. As soon as I apply it I have to pretty much huff at my wrist to get a smell of it and within an hour its all but gone aside from the faintest hint of musk. I've worn scented body lotions that had more sillage.
Its about $39 in NZ for a 100ml bottle - so not worth it.
I have a look at the label, it says it was manufactured in January this year in the Philippines. Did I get a dodgy lot?

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

I ordered a bunch Avon fragranced deoderants while they were on sale so to give some scents a try, and to remember which older ones I liked best.

I have to say this is very nice with brezzy floral undertones, and yummy vanilla coconut on top.

The vanilla and coconut go very gourmand on me - and unfortunatly on my skin that doesn't work so well - or maybe it's just my nose - whichever, too bad.

As nice as this is I just can't take all that vanilla and coconut - this would smell great on my boss.

Update: I went ahead and bought the purse spray for my daughter as she said she really loved how this smelled -since I had only tested the deo on the inside of my forearm I gave it to her and she loved it - Of course out of curiosity I tested the spray on my wrist - The fragrance is deeper and more floral also now with the creamy vanilla coconut I get amber and the sandalwood which gives this an almost nutmeg spiced coconut cream pie flavor - I still get the fresh florals all beachy and breezy underneath with a light hint of musk, but alas I just can't go with the pie flavor - also this lasted forever on me I put this on first thing when I got from my Avon lady before work this morning and even through many had washings I could still smell this on my wrist on my way home this afternoon , also it devloped and progressed very well throughout the day early on more musky and floral and later settling well into the spiced coconut cream pie- she will love this!

mary.dinoface
mary.dinoface

I love this perfume! I started wearing it when I was 18 and I still love it lol. Im back to wearing it and it has brought back sooo many good memories :)

justynadee83
justynadee83

I got this perfume as a gift and did not like it at first. Months have passed and I have convinced myself to this perfume, somehow :) And quite like it now. It's very strong, very sweet, longlasting and recognisable.
I break it down with Beyonce's "Heat'' at times and I personally find the combination of these two fragrances great.

janet.olukole
janet.olukole

I used to like this but got a bit too strong and granny like for me :(

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

My husband loves this. His eyes lit up when I tried it on. Apparently, when he was a little boy, he used to sit outside his childhood home in order to smell the outdoor dryer vent blowing warm air through their rose garden. He loved the smell and says Far Away captures that scent exactly.

To me, Far Away is a sort of Amarige "gourmandified"(sorry, can't think of the right word) by grape hard candy and chewy chocolate coconut. Far Away only smells like a perfume to me in the very beginning of its development. Then it turns into a home scent or even the uncontrived scent of a person using vanilla body wash and coconut hair products and wearing clean clothes.

When testing this, I realized I smelled Far Away years ago in the home of an acquaintance, but I never guessed the scent was from a perfume. It made a nice impression on me, though. I assumed the fragrance was from the pretty Catholic candles that the woman had on display, so I went to the store to buy some for myself. Of course, they did not smell like Far Away, and I never figured out what that nice smell was until last week, when I received Avon decants in HeidiLynn's giveaway.

LaureAndTy
LaureAndTy

Dear Avon,

I HATE you for discontinuing this perfume.

Love, Laure

kamigreiss
kamigreiss

Far away will always continue to be a staple in my perfume stable. This fragrance however, is not for the meek or just any body chemistry. It remains to be the only powdery scent I will ever wear. I started wearing it entirely too young, sneaking it from my mom's cabinet. It was exotic, womanly, alluring, and fierce. Later in my early twenties, I rediscovered it, and fell madly in love again. It is my sexy red heels, moonlight and shisha perfume. Far away will always be a part of me.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

If it agrees with you, it can be really nice.
I have a bottle, and I bought one for my mum. On me - I can't say it's terrible but I can't say it's smazing either. It's passable, vanilla is a bit synthetic, and It feels a bit sour, which may be due to peach. Anyway - passable fragrace with initially strong sillage, and good lasting power.

On my mum, that is a different story, it just smells lovely, so gently sweet and powdery. No sour notes, slightly oriental. Easily detectable, but not in your face, just enough!
I didn't even recognize it on her at first, and I asked what that lovely smell was!

cherry samy
cherry samy

One of the most beautiful and strongest perfumes ever , if you put some on your clothe it will stay there not just the whole day but until you wash your clothe !thats how strong it is . its also very rich and when i walk into a room everybody notice it and i get alot of Compliments .

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

I was given this as a gift by a dear friend. Who ironically, is "Far away." It is more her persona than mine. It is to me in itself an inoffensive smell. It is just that here in SA everywhere you turn someone is wearing it. Call me a perfume snob, but that irritates the daylights out of me. Perhaps I am not a snob, but an individualist. So I use it as a home scent and reminisce about my dear friend.

I must say to debbybannon I remember Gingham, and there is definitely that same sweetness.
To Bikini babe: I can, at a huge push find Amarage in here. At a huge push, perhaps the fruity peachy component. However, I own a bottle of amarage and I absolutely love it. It is not merely a home scent for me. There is something spicy to amarage.

As for "Far away." I find a powdery fruity fragrance - very sweet. I usually love vanilla and the powdery stuff also oriental/florientals. However, there is at times something very synthetic. As I said a home scent for me.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I am sure this smells gorgeous on some women...but to me, both on paper and on my wrist, it smells utterly vile. I don't know what it is about this fragrance, but on me, it smells like a Tupperware container of old, dried out shredded coconut. There is also a strong alcohol smell with a bit of a stale lolly smell too.

Like I said, I am sure on the RIGHT woman, that this smells lovely. However on the wrong woman, like me, it's honestly nauseating.

debbie.bannon9
debbie.bannon9

This is odd. Sometimes I spray it and like it - other days I hate it. That being said AVON and their denial of animal testing annoy the hell out of me - so perhaps it psychological? Anyway, it reminds me of a fragrance called 'Gingham' which was around in the seventies. Does anyone else remember it?

patti013
patti013

I think they definately reformulated this perfume...I bought the small purse size about a year ago and I loved it!! I kept smelling my wrist! I bought another purse size about a month ago and all I can say is that this is not the same perfume. It has an odd burnt smell..I had to wash it off..I could not stand the stink!

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

Blind buy, regret it. The reson why I bought this is becasue it has vanilla in it and I love vanila notes in perfumes. But when I sprayed it on it smells like, cheap powdery burnt plastic. Reminds me of a 1980s perfume.

I got this perfume from amazon, so MAYBE its a faulty one I am not sure. I dont know when I will wear this

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

I have been wracking my brain for years trying to find out what this perfume reminded me of....lets face it, most Avon perfumes are copies and today Eureka!!! It finally hit me! It smells like a cheap version of Amarige Givenchy =)

Lets analyse Far Away: it starts off with a harsh rubbing alcohol smell that dissipates, leaving a strange sour cucumber/pickles odor. When the "stench" clears, it reveals an elegant lady like perfume that is sweet and powdery.

Bottom line - if u want to smell like Amarige but at a fraction of the price...dig deep and get through the first sniff - if u survive it... LOL u'll probably end up loving it.

May i remind u this is a 30ish or 40ish woman's smell.

Raggagirl1
Raggagirl1

Well im sorry to say but I think there is something in common with most avon perfumes...They are just not that nice some of them are ok but nothing I will buy. I worked selling avon and I think that all the perfumes in avon smell like chemical. They have a cheap smell about them.
This one isn't an exception. $2 shop smell

fragrance<3lover
fragrance<3lover

OH MY GOODNESS!! DELICIOUSLY YUMMY AND GORGEOUS.
I didn't expect to like this from all the negative reviews, but I am so in love with this! WOW. I have sniffed many more expensive than this, but id pick this one as my favourite out of all of them. I love the way vanilla is used in this baby. note: if you don't like vanilla in a fragrance walk away from this one. I think I am addicted to this one... will be sure to buy 2 bottles next time its on offer. a little does go a long way with this one. yum yum delish.

Aina Harryna
Aina Harryna

I love this scent, my best friend favorite all time. She always and loyal use this perfume. I dont know why she still loving this perfumes all time but I know it scent make better mood!

celebrity89
celebrity89

Wow, I just found a mini at the swap meet and I think it's fantastic! I smell some sweet similartiy to Yves Rocher's Rose Ispahan, but with added mint in there, kind of like Ben-Gay ointment. Warm and pretty.

karebear0099
karebear0099

I have this in the purse spray size, got on sale for $2.50. I am glad I did not buy a larger bottle because I am not crazy for it. For me, it seems overly sweet. I smell a very sweet smell with powder over it. Its not offensive but its not for me either.

Someone else wrote on here they got a rum type smell and I could see that. I don't really get the coconut though. Maybe if I am searching for it but it definitely isn't prominent.

edit: Strangely, I am starting to like this. It kind of reminded me of cigarettes for some reason but I sprayed it on last night and could not stop smelling mself.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Since it came out in 1994 i didn't want to wear anything else. I was getting a bottle from my sister for every occasion (birthday, well done exam, christmas).I used more than 10 bottles in the past i guess. For the last years my relationship with Far Away went just far away as i discovered so many different perfumes. I was offered small amount as a swap and here it starts again. I can almost remember this beautiful warm vanilla which lingers around you for days staying deep in your favourite sweater. It was very powerful, sweet and unforgettable smell. Because of collectable and sentimental reason i have already ordered 30 ml which cost me 4 euro. Bargain for something so timeless.

babuba
babuba

I lovee itttttt! I think this perfume is best in Avon's perfumes.

TeddiesGirl
TeddiesGirl

It's okay. It smells like Vanilla Fields a bit with spice.

chonnikan.mayonnes
chonnikan.mayonnes

very vanilla and older powder :)

Chido
Chido

A definite winner, smells moderately expensive and the oriental tones are just luscious!

antswife
antswife

A friend had this. Unique, unforgettable scent. A little goes a long way. Great price !

Silverado
Silverado

I was charmed by this scent, it is comfortable, magical suit; wear If angels scent believe this would surely ...

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

One of my male friends is allergic to all my scents except Far Away. Personally I enjoy the tropical spice quality.
Sillage and longevity are moderate.
This is a fairly sophisticated Oriental style fragrance, with a hint of incense.

Yessamin
Yessamin

Y yo conozco otra variedad que se llama far away fantasy, y el tapón era azul oscuro y tiene notas muy orientales y es muy perfumado

ninius
ninius

I just blind bought this and at first sniff it smelled like "poison". It was horrid. I think the combination of vanilla, amber and coconut made that. My boyfriend didn't smell anything wrong so it must be something with my nose then.

When it dried down the smell was easier to handle. No more poisonous to me. A bit pleasant even. I really have to get used to this but I can't spray more than once if I want to breath.

You definitely should be careful. Don't blind buy Far Away if you don't know what the combination of vanilla, amber and coconut could smell.

micristal
micristal

This powdery scent is quite appealing. It's long lasting which is rare in Avon fragrances, and the mixture of vanilla, coconut and peach is very nice and interesting, especially in autumn-winter time.

Too bad the bottle is such a turn off. I know your not supposed to judge a book by its cover, or a perfume by its bottle ;) but I would never display such an awful thing on my drawer.

Nadia31
Nadia31

Smells very similar to Lancôme poem I think

BlueKitten
BlueKitten

too cheapy, synthetic, smells like incense stick...
pure powder and sugar syrup to my nose..

Jyllian
Jyllian

I like most Avon colognes but this one is one i dont like...its stinky, headachy, smells a bit like hairspray.just bought this yesterday i think i will give it away.

missdeeblue
missdeeblue

Of all the 'Far Aways' produced, this is the BEST. I own the whole wardrobe, including one not listed here Far Away Fantasy. If you love powdery scents this ticks ALL the boxes. Its is just right. Some powdery scents get it wrong (check Guerlain Shalimar - ppllurgh grannys panties from squeaky wooden drawer)If the Avon company folded, I wouldn't miss anything, except this baby. Love Love LOVE!
(the 1994 intro production is better fluid than todays)

danusianusia
danusianusia

This is the worst fragrance ever produced. I absolutely despise it!

fragaddict
fragaddict

The more I use this perfume the more I love it! It is a bit mature, but definitely delicious and sexy. One of my personal avon favorites.

libbyanne
libbyanne

This one has zero appeal to me.
I adore sweet scents but to me this is far from it, for some reason I think of cleaning supplies when I smell this. I couldn't give it away fast enough:(

astamm62
astamm62

This is my favorite in this line, love vanilla scents..Far away and Rare Gold are my stock up fragrances. Avon has the best specials on fragrances and the bath body lines..This smells to me like Vanilla Fields

floricica
floricica

Far Away is a dissapointment for me. I've bought the gift set and after using it two times, I accidently broak the bottle. But as I was saying, a total dissapointmant: at first spray I smell vanilla and a hint of someting like rum extract with a tinge of some citrus, as the perfume evolved, I started to feel a certain spiciness. On top of all of this, I couldn't smellany rose or coconut; plus the lasting power is bad too as I could barely detect its presence. Also I wold like to mention that I like anything that smells of something edible, bot this was symply nausiating and totaly synthetic, Overall, Far away Dreams remains my favorite frag out of the three(Far Away, F A dreams and F a Exotic)I've managed to try so far , and also the best one from AVON for me.

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

i bought a sampler of Avon perfumes... and i'm trying some i never had any interest in. including this one. it came out when i was in high school and notes like gardenia, coconut, violet, & jasmine are usually dealbreakers for me and mean whatever the scent is will give me a headache and just not work.

so i was prepared to scrub this off immediately.

instead? i'm pleasantly surprised! not enough to buy it unless i catch it on a really good sale, but it's a nice scent!

on me it smells like a blend of "headshop" and "craft store" which i find entertaining enough, but i also dig the scent.

sianbrownx
sianbrownx

This perfume is amazing!
Brought it from my Avon rep along with the body talcum powder. The talcum powder smells exactly like the perfume. I put it on as soon as i come out of the bath and it lasts the whole day leaving my skin smelling like the perfume. The actual perfume is a dream. I brought it because my auntie used to wear it, it was her signature smell and i smelt it a mile off and always new it was her. It lasts the best part of a whole day and if you spray a few sprays on to a jacket you wear all the time then the scent stays on the jacket so you don't need to apply much more if you are wearing the same jacket the following day. Love it x

Whit
Whit

I remember when this came out (I was 14) and smelling it for the first time thinking "Whoa!". I always thought it smelled pretty good, but just too strong for me at the time. Fast forward to my current age and I thought a revisit might be in order. Well, I actually found a really good deal for the body lotion on Ebay, so that's what I bought. It's actually fairly strong but settles much quicker than the perfume, thank goodness! LOL Anyway, on me I smell mostly vanilla with a hint of coconut alongside powder. It's an innocent scent and one that is made for colder temps. I would wear this casually or for bedtime as it's a cozy scent. I can also see why so many people dislike it too; it's pretty heady and can be sweet at times. If you're looking for a feminine powdery vanilla, then give this a try.

lalalallalalaf
lalalallalalaf

Hmmm it's alright. I'm not really a critic but i have to say it's not a scent for everyone. You either love it or hate it. It's half and half for me. I love it when i spray it once and gives me a lift and boost in confident but it's not a scent i would be attached to and wear every day. It's really heavy and musky with sweetness in it and it's really feminine. I would recommend it for age 20+

Koralanne
Koralanne

for some reason this perfume picks up the freesia in me a bit too much. I don't dislike it on myself, but I'm not in love with it. I've known women that wear it all the time, they smell just divine, and I do mean divine. No matter how many times I tried I didn't get the same thing. But it lasts forever on your skin, and I have noticed people either love it or hate it....

nessmcgregor
nessmcgregor

My favourite Avon perfume! After trying a friend's, I knew I LIKED it, but didn't realise how much 'til I'd bought my own bottle! Exceeded my expectations - very long lasting & you only need afew sprays.. But I found it so yummy, I sprayed it on my clothes, too!

There's something special about Far Away, it's not your typical vanilla fragrance. I usually hate scents that contain woody notes, but in this case, it works superbly to create a warm, spicy aroma that makes you feel seductive & sexy, like you could take on the world!

angeldust44
angeldust44

Urgh hate this perfume with a passion, i tried so hard to like it but even smelling it on others makes me catch my breath but not in a good way, the sickly sweetness of it and powderiness makes me want to stop breathing so i dont have to breath it in, its like a bottle of sweet cheap talc has been thrown over a bottle of candy floss ,, i know there are a lot of people who love this kind of scent and love the scent for which i will apologise for this strong review i for one dont, ...not for me i am afraid...

xte
xte

One of the best Avon perfumes, imo, and certainly one of my dearest. So nice and warm, perfect for this time of year. Though it is mostly for autumn and winter, I find it wearable in other seasons on special occasions, too, if sprayed carefully.
Very long lasting, with a good sillage.

chaosist
chaosist

the comfort of soft warm knit-shawl on a cold windy day in November :)
I never spritz more than once if I'm trying a perfume for the first time - so I don't know anything about your pain of being overwhelmed by its sweetness :D
Far Away is a thick, deep, and warmish-sweet scent, like smell of cookies just out of the oven.
It is a spirit-sister of CASMIR by CHOPARD: both are delicious, warm and comfortable :)
Since you don't need to spray it more than 1-2 times to leave trails behind you for 8~ hours, it's a double win for its price :)

PS for me cloyingly sweet are Chantal Thomas (read: any berry-candy-chewinggum style scent), Nina Ricci 'Nina', Oriflame Mirage, Yves Rocher Rose Absolue (cant figure out what is so irritating in this), and L'occitane's Pivoine line

karolla28
karolla28

I use Far Away very long time, I become a lot of compliments about my perfume. Its deep, warm, powdery, soft ant mysterious. Its perfect for cold weather and for the evening, for warm night too :)

nadia11
nadia11

gorgeous perfume!!
i have the body lotion and i find it not as overwhelming as the fragrance
its so comforting and definitely long lasting which i like.
the only thing i dont like about this perfume is the bottle itself. it looks too cheap for my liking.
But apart from that, its really lovely

1Nat2Tasha
1Nat2Tasha

I love this perfume - it has been my favourite for years! It works really well with my body chemistry and I love it - it has been my signature fragrance for heaps long :) LOVE IT!

mystica

There is something motherly and comfortable about this fragrance.

"Less is more" definitely goes here.

I am hooked on it nowadays.

clifff
clifff

first of all, the freesia is a killer. Its top notes are very strong. then it gradually melts down into more subtle notes like the vanilla, and then finally you smell the amber at last.

olgina
olgina

in my opinion is a good perfume. not so good as far away fantasy. i can't understand why avon discontinue the really good perfumes and keep on brochure the garbage

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I don't blame anyone here for disliking this scent if it disagrees with you ~ the freesia is a killer on some of us.

But let's not forget that it's actually quite a find for those who enjoy Far Away's unique take on vanilla, coconut, and powder. For a powdery scent, few bargains can compete! And if anything has lasted this long at Avon, you KNOW it's a best seller.

themattsky
themattsky

This is the worst fragrance I have EVER smelt in my entire life.

ver jaina
ver jaina

when i was an Avon agent this & Woman of Earth was the bestsellers among my friends. i personally dont like this, it was too vanilla powdery & heavy on my nose, compared to Woman of Earth which was far better...but then again it get's too mainstream for my taste. i never bought them for myself either..

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

A strong flowery-powdery fragrance which I enjoy in colder monthes.
I love wearing it to bed, make me feel like a lady and cozy in bed.

But of course when I get in the crowd, most people wanna stay " Far Away" from me.
Hahaha

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Powdery, coconut, chemicals, nasty aftertaste in mouth after it's been sprayed, just horrible. Yuk. However, I know several people who love it so maybe it's just me. Kind of dry, sickly, oriental.

ninaboo
ninaboo

Apparently this is Avon's best selling perfume. I genuinely fail to see why.
It's sweet, cloying,nausea inducing, heavy and overbearing.

When I smell this it conjures up images of a peroxide blonde secretary in her 50s typing away with chipped polish on her fingers.

Sorry this is horrid.

Abendlicht
Abendlicht

I remember in the 90's joking about the name "far away" because this is just where I felt I wanted to be when smelling it. I remember something very powdery with something in it that I really disliked... Really sweet powder (even if it's not what I like) kind of good but with a Ajax background maybe.. Headache unless it's really "far away".

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I was kind of angry at this fragrance, as my small purse sized bottle left a ring on my dresser top when it got stuck :( But, I gave it a second chance. It's starts out with a little coconut-fruit-i-ness with a bit of floral, and then mellows out to a sweet vanilla with a hint of spice. The sillage was good, it felt like a had a small cloud around me; and it has lasted all day even though I got pretty warm and the weather was hot. I smelled like Christmas sugar cookies or vanilla frosting--rich, sweet, almost syrupy or thick. For a minute, I thought "I smell like a Christmas candle". For something advertised as an oriental floral, it really seems like a gourmand fragrance to me--not something I normally go for. It's definitely more sweet than spicy on me, and probably too heavy for summer wear. I'll try it again in the fall/winter.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

What stands out on my skin is a coconutty, powdery vanilla. I love it. It is a cozy scent . I just love it. Longevity is 8+ hours. Sillage is very good. Don't over apply!

If powder = old lady to you , don't bother. If you like your powders, this is an inexpensive gem.

Platinum_girly
Platinum_girly

I used this one throughout my teenage years and now i wonder why, it is a really oriental perfume (which are usually my faves) but this one is not in a god way! It smells like an old Egyptian artifacts museum that i visited once...

Eicher
Eicher

It gives me an absolute headache. Actually ALL Avon perfume make me feel sick. There is something in their chemistry or notes. I could not tell. I have tried several of Avon's perfume because in general, I really like their products but I simply cannot stand any of their perfumes.
This Far Away was the worst. It's very strong, very sweet and very heavy. I literally had to go on the other side of the street when I smelt it on a lady. I am sorry for this.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

What I can smell on my skin is a little coconut and POWDER. It isn't bad at all, smells like an everyday use perfume. I purchased it from Avon as a set at a very reasonable price and am happy with this purchase.

andrew75
andrew75

This is the best perfume ever bought.. I personally find this is the under esteemed perfume that has a strong and prominent smell of a vanilla-coconut-pic like perfume that u can wear anytime anywhere.. i give it 8/10... :-) Cheap yet opulence on smell...

sohail14
sohail14

If anyone is familiar with the company Al Rehab, they do a fragrance called "Lady", which is pretty much an exact replicate of Avon's Far Away. I bought it yesterday for my mum and she loved it. And, it was cheaper than far away. It only cost me 2.50 from a shop in Bradford, West Yorkshire called "Living Islam", for a 50ml eau de parfum. What a steal!Now know how to keep mum happy, lol. :-)

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

it's ok smells kinda powdery and classic but not to be worn on hot days
it can be overwhelming for some ppl
I really enjoy the vanilla&coconut on it on winter &spring
the problem is it's very common on my country and when u wear it u smell like oldyladyish style:(
but I really like the perfume itself and would buy it again

enzyme1
enzyme1

I saw this perfume in Aron's magazine which has scratch and sniff testers. While is smelt great in the catalogue in reality this was awful I finally knew what people mean when they say a perfume is cloying. This have me a headache and even after a few hours did not settle down.
The essence behind the fragrance is nice, with the individual notes seeming quite appealing. Sadly the delivery is not good and ends up being a disaster.

froggiechick85
froggiechick85

I want to get far away from Far Away when I smell it. Instant migraine. I don't care for the powdery scent at all.

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

This is a strange perfume for me. i smelt it for the first time only a week ago, and i couldn't stand the smell, something about it made me want to get away from it. Although at the same time i kept wanting to smell it again, only to still confirm i didn't like it. I think there must be a part of this perfume that i do like, but also there's notes that i can't stand. It smells very dated to me. Just don't think i could ever like this one.

reavyan
reavyan

Just received my order of Far Away in the post ($6 on eBay) and eagerly opened the box. The frosted glass bottle is lovely and sits comfortably in my hand. The tassle is downright annoying, however, but easy to remove. The cap is popped off and I take my first whiff right from the bottle. Promising, if not oriental. A small dab on my wrist (too hot to go for a full spray) and off I go.

The verdict? This definitely isn't an oriental, at least not how I see oriental perfumes. Coconut, gardenia, ylang-ylnag, and sandalwood are the only notes that my nose picks up, and I don't see it developing further. To me this is a straight on fruity-floral, and a very candy-sweet one at that. It wants for a certain harder note to cut through all that sugar, like the bitterness of cocoa in dark chocolate.

Is Far Away terrible? No. Does this scent have promise? Yes. I can see myself wanting to have a sniff of this again when the weather turns dreary in the autumn. Then again when I want some comfort I reach for my Shalimar, a small dab of which I've been known to wear to bed when in a down mood. Certainly can't do that here, would definitely have visions of sugar plums in my head all night.

Like with most things, however, it's all about one's mood. Sometimes you want a piece of rich, dark chocolate, and sometimes the craving for some coconut jellybeans hits, and there isn't anything wrong with that.

---

Update: After about six hours of wear the gardenia -finally- wore off and went backstage, letting the vanilla properly shine through and mingle with the coconut creating a scent reminiscent of a coconut macaroon. Yummy.

All in all, this is a fun little perfume. Every occasion? In my oppinion, no. But that's what makes the world of perfume so wonderful, you can mix and match to suit your mood. So spray on some of this stuff, put on some loud 80s pop music and dance your heart out. Good times!

vanja88
vanja88

One of my favourite perfumes of all time! Smells just great, sweet and strong.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I used to have this one. I didn't like it. My mother however loves it and used to wear it all the time. Though, I honestly thought it smelled like very musky bug repellant on her.

This perfume is very strong with high sillage, so use it with a light hand.

I wouldn't repurchase. Though on the plus side if you like it, it lasts a very long time on the skin.

SparrowLight1
SparrowLight1

I first smelled this scent when I was in middle school, when my mother was given a bottle (and consequently gave it to me, because she gets headaches very easily from perfume). To me, it symbolized sexy femininity and exotic sweetness, and that nostalgia, I think, is part of why I still like it so much. I don't wear it very often (my original 50ml bottle is still half full) due to its strength, but I don't think I will ever tire of it. Sweet, thick vanilla, musk and white flowers, jasmine in the forefront.

edwards
edwards

I used to love this perfume for years then I just went off it, but I still liked smelling it on others, then a couple of years ago I bought the handbag size bottle from Avon and I finished the bottle.
I've just recently purchased the big bottle along with the shower gel and body cream which were on sale. I can understand why some people find this cheap smelling and overbearing (and it is cheap0 but there is something cozy and powdery about it that I love. It's my guilty pleasure!

claudja smeller
claudja smeller

(PORTUGUESE)
Desculpe-me quem gosta, pois gosto é gosto, pele é pele, mas eu odeio este perfume com todas as minhas forças; ele me sufoca, me causa espirros, me dá náuseas; o pior é que ele tão popular aqui no Brasil, que em cada esquina das ruas, ou a cada corredor do supermercado, eu o sinto, como se fora uma entidade me perseguindo.

Penso que ele seja antiquado, senhoril.

E ocorre este mesmo efeito 'devastador' com minha filha, de 18 anos de idade.

(ENGLISH)

Excuse me who likes, because taste is taste, skin is skin, but I hate this perfume with all my strength, he suffocates me, causes me sneezing makes me sick, the worst is he so popular here in Brazil, which in every corner of the streets, or every supermarket aisle, I feel as if it were an entity stalking me.

I think he is old fashioned, ladylike.

And this same effect occurs 'devastating' with my daughter, 18 years of age.

RosesPeriwinkle
RosesPeriwinkle

It's nice, very powdery and sweet. I feel Rococo when I wear this.

LlygaidSerennog
LlygaidSerennog

I have this in a roller-ball and it stays on your skin forever! Which is good if you like it. I love it, it's very exotic and musky but I only use a minute amount as I know a lot of people could get headaches from it, and I wouldn't want to have that effect o people.

polarisking
polarisking

I can see that opinions are very divided on this perfume, but think something is in the market for almost twenty years and is still preferred by many. Beyond the divided opinions, it is a success. The notes are dreamed, coconut, vanilla, violet, jasmine, roses .... can not go wrong this combination. The scent is strong as those of a designer. Extremely sweet, ylang ylang and osmanthus do so "oriental" (I love oriental perfumes). The orange, coconut and violet are intense to my perception. They make the scent at once expansive, creamy and deeply sensual. In the drydown citrus vanishes (after a long time) to give rise to intense jasmine (formerly camouflaged with orange). The base of musk, amber and sandalwood give this fabulous body in this perfume, with sandalwood and vanilla notorious throughout development, but maybe to much intense for only vanilla lovers. A really complex drydown. fabulous to appreciate if you have patience, the fragrance is very durable. Do not spray a lot and can smell divine for hours. It is rare to find a classy and sexy scent, I can imagine to escape from a distinguished gathering with a lover with this perfume, a dream of a summer night ...

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

Last week I had a bad reaction to a medication that gave me a miserable sore throat and headache. I put Far Away on and went to lay down. This was REALLY just what the doctor ordered! or should have at least.

I felt really comforted by this scent. It's warm and very vanilla and coconut-ty, and woodsy. I got this bottle (EDP) from an antique/resale shop, so I imagine it was sitting unloved and ignored for awhile. (I always tell the antique ladies that whatever I buy is going to a good home where it will be loved, worn, and appreciated).

The first few wearings when I was sick, sort of reminded me of Vanilla Fields. As the bottle had gotten used more, and had more of a chance to "breathe" I got more floral notes. They seem a little dusty and old but that adds to the vintage feel. I don't know what a newer bottle smells like.

You need comfort, grab the Far Away. It really helps.

jreyes366
jreyes366

This fragrance has to be one of my top 3 fragrances of all time. It reminds me of when I was in grade school because my teachers would wear it, and it was a really comforting scent. But it had been at least 15 or so years before I rediscovered this scent. I spent a week or so last summer with my boyfriend at his parents house and I noticed the fragrance that his mother was wearing smelled so nice and powdery and beautiful. When I found out it was this perfume, I just had to get a bottle of my own. She was so sweet and sent me a bottle of this and I can't begin to describe how amazing this perfume is. This scent on me smells really sweet and almost cake like, with coconut and I love that! I'm a gourmand-a-holic so this fragrance is perfect.

Krysma
Krysma

This is one of my favorite perfumes to wear! I love how it smells.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I love this perfume. Have a bottle from the early 1990s and while it has darkened, the scent is still beautiful. I don't normally like powder notes, but this one does it well... soft, slightly floral sweet powder. I never noticed the coconut before reading the notes here on Fragrantica... but now that I know, pow, there it is. It is blended so beautifully. I think this is a great "go to" frag for a woman .. young or mature. Since I love the sweet stuff (pink sugar) this one isn't too sweet for me. I can see where some might feel that way. I really never took Avon that seriously, yet after pulling this old bottle out from the back of my closet after discovering Fragrantica, now I have also ordered a couple other Avons and have not been disappointed. Guess I was being more of a snob than I let on. So, now I have the Far Away sisters too...Exotic, Paradise, Dreams, Sensual Embrace and Fantasy. Love the bottle, the tassel, and the whole scent line.

chi_chi
chi_chi

I had the purse concentre, body powder and skin softener before. It smells really good my aunt is using the EDP right now and I can smell her across the room. Very nice scent I love the smell it's very feminine. Will buy when it goes on sale. One of the best perfumes from Avon.

*Sophi* gifted me vial of this one and it seems to be a GORGEOUS Avon yet again! I am so amazed at so many masterpieces from the house of Avon. I love this house, never thought to be so fantastic! But then again, Avon has been around FOREVER!!
That would never be the case if not millions of people are buying their perfumes for AGES!

veritech
veritech

This is sugar, spice and everything nice! My 8 year old son tells me I smell like cookies and candies. I wear this mostly in cooler months because it seems to get really strong when my skin heats up. When I'm in the mood to wear this in warmer weather, I stick to powder form(which is my favorite with sweet scents).The powder has a "fresher" smell and doesn't blast out all over the place when I get warm.

mystica

Could be the best amongst Avon fragrances in production today, in terms of longevity, sillage and composition.

To be fair, Far Away smells like only Far Away. For this reason, I will name it a classic. I mean there are many copy cat fragrances which don't have a price tag under 60 Eur. (Let alone 60, I could have spend hundreds for a special stuff, that's another case, but I try to be fair here.)

If your chemistry goes along well with this, you can smell gorgeous. But beware please, Far Away is heavy. Don't overapply it, cuz it becomes a disaster then.

In short, I would recommend this for sandalwood and vanilla lovers for casual wear.

The body cream also smells good, indeed I like it more than the fragrance; it smells sexy enough to wear alone.

anikka

classic yet sexy and class..

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

Just from looking at these notes, Far Away is a scent that I *should* love....vanilla, coconut, jasmine, rose...all among my favorite notes.

However, Far Away did nothing to impress me and simply elicited a purely negative reaction from me.

I found it cloyingly musty, and chokingly heavy. It reminded me of hairspray that had been left sitting out too long in the sun.

I really hoped it would get better in the dry down, but it just became increasingly bitter, until the point where I had to scrub it off.

However, by the time I washed it off, it had been on my skin for over 5 hours and it was still going strong. It also has a very potent sillage (which is good news for lovers of this fragrance, but was less great for me!)

This perfume seems to be very popular and beloved to many, but I just could not find anything to love about it. And I really did try!

In the future, when it comes to this fragrance, I've learned my lesson, and I will definitely stay Far Away from it.

anikka

i love this smell even though i dont have one..sexy,powerful,classy,smells expensive but its cheap..suitable for middle ages.. this is one of the perfumes that u can remember for a brand name..

bobosdidi
bobosdidi

this is the most cheap smells. i don't like it .i will never buy it .Im sorry,
i cannot wear this one!!

!!
!!

This lasts well on the skin, but it's very cheap, strong and 80s smelling to me. I'm not a perfume snob either.
Definitely one for evening time.

jazzallil
jazzallil

I was around 15 years old, when i met this one. I love it from the first sniff-so warm,deep: ideal for winter days.It makes me feel like when I'm wearing Hypnotic poison in the cold:the vanilla keeps me warm and the woodsy notes makes me feel sexy :)

puppygirl23
puppygirl23

This perfume is an OK smell I think this perfume is a night smell for a reason

lily13ana
lily13ana

I had this 2 years ago, and felt sick of it and gave it to my mother. Now because of my fever for orientals i ordered it again, i like it, but it doesn't has the same strength and lastinp power as my other bottle. It may be because I use it now in cold weather and 2 years ago in summer. Anyway, is powdery and sweet, and i like that.

aliona.deszynska
aliona.deszynska

i had it few years ago and i disliked it because its way too strong for me. its too spicy and not a good choice for the summer. though the body powder its not bad.

Margreet
Margreet

I love this scent. The best Avons one since i remember:) Love it for the autumn and winter time.Early spring aswell. It feels so cosy when in the end of a day I smell the last notes on me. Love love love...

MayaraFariasM
MayaraFariasM

Não é perfeito, mas é gostoso, me lembra boas coisas. E pra mim um perfume tem mais significados do que simplesmente uma cheirada pode dizer. :)

kandiparker
kandiparker

I bought this during the summer when Avon was having a sale, but just find this to be too strong and not so much of a pleasant scent to me. I dont know what it is, but I cant seem to like it. I usually like spicy oriental scents, but this is not a winner for me.

suile
suile

Been a fan of this one for years, I continually rebuy it, sometimes as a bath or body product.

Incidentally, I completed an Avon survey recently where a flanker, Far Away something,a more tropical version was discussed. Hope this materialises soon.

Found a bit more info on the web -

Far Away Exotic, available in the UK by the end of February.

Notes will apparently include chai spice, saffron rose and ambered musk.

townsed
townsed

Lets all agree this is like where Chanel 5 is very high end and a must have for female dressing table it's the same at the low end for Faraway, it's a must have on any female dressing table...what can i say it is timeless and simply beautiful...every time i wear it, it take me back to my high school days when my younger sister and i would just live in.

speciialz
speciialz

I LOVE IT, ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, I ALWAYS GET COMPLIMENTS WHEN I WEAR THIS. DEFINETLY A MUST BUY x

princessnoo
princessnoo

The best perfume ever ever, everyone always says how good I smell, cheap price for a nice scent! xx

dbrii24
dbrii24

Probably Avon's best! I adore this sent. Usually I like my fragrances complex but sometimes you come across those are simple and "are what they are" but you can't help but be intrigued...and this is one of them. I saw this on my Aunt's vanity over the holidays, and being the perfume lover that I am I couldn't help but smell this unique looking bottle that I was unfamiliar with. It's a lovely, tropical, romantic scent that I immediately began to have trouble putting down. It's nice....VERY NICE!

Takhaet
Takhaet

10 points out of 10 for Avon for this one . Fantastic, heavy powdery with the hint of vanilla and coconut . Sexy and seductive. Very warm , excellent for winter . Love it <3

LaGari
LaGari

This scent is so special to me..so heavenly...its brings me wonderful feelings...its like...sleeping on the clouds....ponnies and rainbows...my prince on a white horse...love and happiness..A spray will wrap you in a cozy blanket of Joy. It'll bring you comfort, push-up your confidence and make you feel pretty and fulfilled through-out the day.

Not everyone is going to see it as I do but, smelling this again after over ten years just dug up extraordinary feelings I've left behind as a child and forgotten.

This perfume is the key to Escapism. I feel rejoiced, light on my feet, and creative. I feel like a woman-child, naive yet wise; ambitious and adventurous; free, with no limitations to the world of my imagination!

This perfume has the ability to take you to a dream-land far, far away and just makes you feel so good!

Describing the smell literally, I'd say its creamy and kind of powdery. The coconut is soft an pretty. Its so tasty yet not gourmand. Its like the taste of..urm..a fluffy milk-flower(use your imagination). So sweet and tender - but literally a super strong perfume. It has a godzilla projection, one or two sprays are enough to charm a crowd and lasts forever.
I can't believe this pretty little thing is so cheap with superb quality.
Oh well, win for me!

*Edit: After using it twice, I find the dry-down at the end of the day pretty cloying. It kind of annoyed me while I was sleeping. It's like a blast of cheap vanilla that I normally can't stand. And my sister hates far away and says it makes her sick. I still love it though!

shoshana25

I used this scent for majority of the time i was in high school...it was a gift from mom. I truly loved it and i got sooo many compliment from both boys and girls. Two spritz is enough for the whole day. Enjoy!

miss mills
miss mills

Gosh, reading the reviews here, this perfume really divides opinions! I have to say I love it - a colleague I dearly loved wore this so there are good memory associations for me whenever I smell this - I have the body cream and love it, too. I find it sensual and comforting although I can see how an overdose of the perfume itself might be a bit cloying, might stick with the body creme!

beatrix75

it was my best parfum ever in my teenage time home in my country!!liket a lot

eclecticgal1
eclecticgal1

Received it yesterday.... My first Avon fragrance and I ordered it after seeing the comments on Avon on the 'club' blog.

Far Away was on a special with the with free shipping - very cheap so I bit mainly because I am a vanilla addict.

It was very nice at the beginning and so was the perfumed cream BUT shortly it smelled like onions or something strange and unpleasant to me. I think it was the cream. I will give it another chance today and just use the EDP. So, I on the fence about this today....trying hard not to be swayed because it is Avon and made in Mexico not France.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Ok so I'm a fan. :) I can see how this perfume would be a bit of a crowd splitter. If you're not a fan of sweet scents then this could be too much.

This perfume smells like fluff! Fluffy vanillic blankets . I think it's gorgeous. For the price... You really can't complain about the quality and strength of this perfume. The sillage is massive and it lasts a really long time.

Another plus is, nothing else I have smelled smells like this. I wear it as a comfort scent, a bedtime scent. It would be verging on foody due to the super dose of vanilla and the twist of coconut but the ylang gives it a different edge. It's quite addictive!

I think if you're a fan of vanilla (like me) and don't wanna break the bank, this is a really good perfume due to it's quality. The only downside is that it could be perceived to be a little bit dated but... Who cares what people perceive? Im just gonna snuggle into my fuzzy vanilla cloud and dream......

miahreis
miahreis

WOW I love this perfume! I've heard so many people say that it's gross and nasty but every time I wear it I get compliments...my bestie even grabbed my arm today, hugged it, and said, "You always wear the best comfort scents!" lol I guess it just depends upon someone's body chemistry. It's sweet and floral and I don't smell the typical "Avon musky" smell in this one. Love, love, love this perfume!

Pari88
Pari88

Update: Apparently the juice in avon perfumes gets separated after they have been sitting for a while (over a year or so im guessing) and when they are not placed in cool dark places. This is why my experience with far away was probably really bad! I tried it again the other day and the first spray was vile just like the first two times i sprayed it, but then i sprayed it on clothing instead of my skin and realized that the the second spray i used on my clothing smelled realllllyyy nice! Very sweet and lovely! I then sprayed it on my skin and OH MY it was not like the first few times i used it! It was YUMMY! I reallly like this one now! I did some of my own research online and many people said this is common with lots of perfume companies especially older perfumes like the ones from avon! Its best to shake the bottle before using with all perfume! I never knew that! Apparently the chemicals get separated in the perfumes as well as the separation of oils in perfume oils! Cool huh! So neverrrrr judge a perfume by first spray, shake well and let it settle then try spraying it especially of the bottle or perfume/juice looks old! :-) I realllly like this one now it smells sweet!
Like nothinggg ive ever smelled before. I categorize it as a musky gourmand. I can detec the vanilla and coconut the most during the drydown, and the initial spray is just scrumptious! I love it! use with a light hand though, as with all perfumes that were made before the 2000's one or two sprays on the skin and clothes should do the trick :-) enjoy! I really love it. It is a comfort scent. It does smell like a comfortable angora sweater Malegria! I really love it now
for an Oriental Floral Gourmand

KuanYin
KuanYin

Got this perfume from a friend for a birthday gift, this perfume a lot lighter than I remember, first time I used it i thought it was more oriental,aromatic,seems a bit off in the distance now, quite faint smelling, turned quite powdery and completely dissapeared on me within half hour period. I do like the scent, just needs to be stronger. Would wear in day time/ casual events. Love the bottle.

Cezanne
Cezanne

Couldnt possibly wear this - it has a decaying smell of silage. A distinct cow field smell. Very nasty.

patriciaenola
patriciaenola

When I first used it I thought it was beautiful now it tends to remind me of decaying and abandones flowers - makes me cry

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

this turns bitter during the drydown. I wouldn't recommend it.

aldanare
aldanare

I smell it as a kind of "double-fragrance": it's a neverending dialog between ylang and vanilla, nothing more. Unusual bitter-sweet, very long-lasting. I wear it very seldom, when in specific mood.
Also, I can smell a "medicine", that was already mentioned here, but only in the beginning.

meret
meret

My mom has it. :) I don't smell it very often - she sprays it sparinlgy and only for special occasions - but every time I do I recognize it. Can't miss it, it's unmistakably distinct - spicy, rich and at times comforting. Love it on her. :)

Gyöngy
Gyöngy

Very heavy, long-lasting fragrance. Not for teenegers or young women. I like it but not on my skin!

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

made me feel a bit queasy - its one of those fumes that at first sniff u thinkn 'hmmm quite nice' but when on = well nothin like em it stinks!

queenvic
queenvic

Hmmm i realy wanted to like this perfume but just couldnt, it starts off ok and then it leaves this granny kinda smell? it does last though!

alice_fotini
alice_fotini

Vanilla, vanilla, heavy, intoxicating vanilla and almost nothing else.
The ylang-ylang note gives the composition a medicine-like odor.

daliflora
daliflora

I've tested it quite recently, although I was aware from the first sniff that this is not for me - too much sweetness and powdery vanilla. It has however also some notes which are more bearable. I could feel for example the freesia, and I sort of enjoyed the
accord between amber and orange on the top. I would definitely remove the sweet vanilla note, to make it less oriental and more flowery and harmonious - in short, to make a more "decent" scent out of it. I can imagine this fragrance has "sex-appeal", but the cost of this is that it looses all inner harmony it could possibly have. I totally agree with marcela86 about the intoxicating effect created by the excessive vanilla in this scent.

Kimmycat
Kimmycat

I have loved this fragrance since it came out in 1994. This is a soft oriental/floral. The oriental part is short lived. The dry down is a very creamy soft floral. If you like a true strong floral, this probably isn't the scent for you. If you like a definitive oriental, this probably isn't the scent for you. It's more like a creamy front from the sandalwood, coconut, vanilla, amber and musk (that may translate into a powdery fragrance with some chemistry) with a backdrop of soft florals. Gardenia is in the mix of those florals and can be described as somewhat "creamy/heady." I find with my chemistry it's the perfect scent to go to when I want to smell pretty and feminine, but not like a flower bed. I don't find it strong, but I usually like to start with one spray of any fragrance so I know how long it takes to dry down and how long that dry down lasts.

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

It smells great. Just strong at first then it smells nice for a short time.

stereomari
stereomari

It's heavy and it's just awful. Not my taste at all. I usually don't like floral oriental, but i've decided to try that one because I like the bottle. Wrong decision. Yuk. It's very spicy indeed and I like some spicy perfumes, but hated this one. Sorry. :(

glama
glama

This stuff is NASTY- It smells like powder & vanilla. Not only is it nasty it last long too so you can never get away from it after you spray- I accidentally sprayed my watch band- Think old lady doused in baby powder- not good

biancaloren
biancaloren

sweet but powdery. I keep wanting to think of the sweetness of Jean Paul Gaultier but it doesnt make it there quite. not a fan of the powder but like the sweetness.

I.I
I.I

It's quite heavy, spicy, oriental and mysterious, quite feminine too and alluring but it's too heavy and too oriental for me, though I wear it from time to time.
If one likes clear scents, floral, aquatic scents too, then this would not be suitable for her.
It gives me the impression that it is ment for women of a mature age, my mother for example. It's not accidental that this perfume was owned by my mother and that my best friend ordered a bottle for her mother as a present. It's quite heavy.

lara0905
lara0905

One of the best oriental fume.Longlasting too.I have it for years and I can't stop buy again and again..:)Great value for the price!

Far Away is a surprisingly likable fragrance. It's quite soft and pretty on the skin. I was immediately struck by the rather sensual and subtle vanilla and gardenia accords, and what appeared to be amber adding an extra sense of warmth.

It's quite a powdery scent, the previous reviewers do not lie. However, I don't find it powdery in a mature sense, rather I find it cozy and mysterious. Vanilla tends to be the main note that drives this composition, yet I must applaud Avon for not making this a sickeningly sweet vanilla fragrance. The vanilla note is rich, powdery and exotic.

The scent becomes a little muskier as the fragrance develops. Unfortunately I can't seem to smell the rose note. Far Away seems overloaded with white florals and vanilla most of the time.

The lasting strength is pretty impressive, however at times I'll admit, it can be cloying. For the cheap prices that are Avon, Far Away is worth it. However at times it is obvious that Far Away has been made from cheap ingredients.

marcela86
marcela86

This is a good parfume, but vanilla it's just intoxicating and mesmerizing, way too much. Anyway, I like it becase it's so oriental, powdery, deep and warm, just like an old parish. It's also very mature and elegant, perfect for special occasions, not casual at all.

janmcm
janmcm

When I saw this something about the bottle (maybe the pink & black) made me think of Paris. So I bought a bottle for my mum thinking it might smell similar.
It has a few similar notes but not it's not the same. I quite liked it anyway and it smells great on my mum. She absolutely loves it.

tigergirl
tigergirl

I Love this fragrance, although it is so sweet.

ren
ren

I used it several times now...it's really sweet but lovely!! 2 or 3 spritzes go a long way and it lasts all day long! will repeat for sure!

sophisticated
sophisticated

wonderful on mom, she just smells heavenly great, i compliment her and stay by her side to sniff more of it!! HORRIBLE on me, i wash whatever part i sprayed it on right away, why?? NO IDEA :( schizophrenic perfume

omneya.iskander
omneya.iskander

it's very confusing, smells cheap. I had it a long time ago and used once. I will never buy it again

judee
judee

Far away was a nostalgic blind buy after 10 years since my mother wore it. I was so excited that I will again smell this delicious exotic thing of Avon ... I also think that this is by far Avon's best scent.

I was in heaven after first spritz of our reunion ... I liked it so much, it was so creamy,so big, so vanillic sensual with that coconut surrounding it, with the peach lurking from behind... loved it!

I can easily imagine that this is not for light-hearted perfume lovers. I too, had a bad day with FA .. I went out for a pizza and I sprayed a few drops under my kness and a little bit behind my ear ... I was immediately warned by my friends that I overdid myself with something heavy cloying. It gave me a headache too.

Anyway, lesson learned, and now I use it in small amounts and never on my neck just on my wrists, and when I want something comfy, that cuddles me throughout the stressful days on my work, I take a sniff at my wrist time to time and it really helps me, I think it's a great anti-stressor, for it reminds me either on a sun lotion either on a spicy warm winter evening sitting by the fireplace, drinking hot chocolate wraped in a blanket ... :-) very nice :-)

Once I was one of those who believed that such perfumes as FA are not for summertime, only for winter. Than my smarter younger sister said to me... isn't that exactly what summer is all about? - summer humidity, strong cloying scents in the air... as in some hot summer in some harem ..far far away ... And You see, I have to agree with her ... why would you want to smell like washed down fragrance in summer...when you feel like "domino dancing", this is it!

tip#1 ... I use it now everyday, but I spray it around my bellybutton and it is wonderful, since it doesn't increase so much with pulsating points of my skin.

tip#2 of how to neutralize this bomb or how to make use of two cheap perfumes (and potential stinkers, which you would not to use, not even by a chance) .. I use remaining Avon's Lyrical (or Goddes in some countries) as a base, and I spray Far Away over it.. delicious juice,I swear, try it and it will seduce you!

Nanc
Nanc

I purchased this for my mother, and she says every time she wears it my father ask her if she’s just had chocolate! I know it’s not one of the scents but on her it comes across sweet that way, I love it on her!

Katica23
Katica23

It's toooooo sweet and powdery as a great many wrote before. I don't like it at all.

dadulka82
dadulka82

it is a very unique smell, fragrance lasts
I do like it but if I use it a lot, it starts to smell bit powdery
I would say it is suitable for more mature ladies (personal opinion)

twillocks
twillocks

I wore it some but then gave it all away. It just did not suit me.

karmas
karmas

I love love love this perfume, I wear it every single day now and that is very unusual for me since I usually wear something new every day. I have like a lot of perfumes before but this one I LOVE, I feel every sexy when I wear it and people have been giving me complements constantly. I even had a stranger yell at me while i was passing by that I smell "SOOOOO GOOD".I love it!!!

ajc
ajc

I find it too heavy, too sweet and too powdery, it's really not my taste.Maybe for cold winter... But the good thing is originality.When you smell this it's impossible to mix it for some other fragrance, it's Far Away.

geekweevil
geekweevil

I'm fond of an oriental floral and I'm fond of Avon catalogues, you get them and go through them excitedly and end up ordering far too many lipsticks.
I have done a few blind purchases of Avon perfumes and only liked about three of them so far, (soft musk, imari sedution, and touch black suede).

I was eying this one off when it was cheap recently, and wondering whether i should buy it unsiffed- when my rep randomly gave me a sample.

First time I tried it was underwhelmed. It was pretty, sure. But a bit 'generic oriental floral' (in the same way little black dress is 'generic sophisticated') and I a bit 'meh' about it.
I like to give things a fair go though... and the second time i tried it I realised it's actaully "Lou Lou_Lite".

Lou Lou is one of my faves, distinctive and intense. Far away is a non-strong, softer, reminder of Lou Lou -however, if i wanted to smell like Lou Lou, I'll be using Lou Lou.

If i'd never smelt Lou Lou first, i'd probably have bought Far Away cause it's got that really sweet prettiness about it that i love about Lou Lou.

GabyE
GabyE

I love this scent! It´s so romantic and femenine, sweet at first and a little bit woody at the end...It´s original, unforgetable and totally noticeable... each time I wear it, people ask me what is it because they love the smell.

FunnyValentine
FunnyValentine

Strong, mature, powdery, ordinary. Something I'd buy for my mom on her birthday.

beatrix75

it vas my signatur fragvance before 10 years i loved toooo much !!!!

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume).

I was expecting FAR AWAY to be a strong oriental floral fragrance based on the description but it turned out mostly a soft musk on me. There were flowers, a bit of vanilla and resinous amber but it is the soft musk that was prominent in this fragrance.

There is something boozy, sharp and synthetic in the opening. I cannot say that I like it. It smells like an alcoholic drink with the peach, orange and coconut shots. The heart notes are much better and start with freesia, jasmine and rose mixed with the sweet vanilla. I thought that it will stay vanilla sweet but it actually transformed into the soft floral musk quite soon. It stayed floral musk for a while until amber came into the light. The base notes are the best part of the fragrance with strong amber and musk. My skin loves those two, so the dry down smells quite beautiful on me.

I have to be honest. I do not like the opening at all. But the scent improves significantly towards the dry down. If you like musky fragrances then you probably will like this one. Please ignore the opening and wait till the heart notes. The sillage and longevity are great.

maxce
maxce

i love this perfume every time i wear it nearly everyone asks what it is i love it

lovelylady
lovelylady

Very nice fragrance. I first recieved Far Away as a gift a while ago and at first I wasnt so into it. But now I really like it. It smells soft and sweet, not to daring but with a bit of jazz to it.

bombonica
bombonica

I can recognize it from a 100...very oriental fragrance! I use it with discretion in the bedroom ;)

i had this scent long ago, i smelled it again recently and remembered why i didn't really care for it. its heavy and sweetly cloying. on me it seemed to last forever as did the bottle. not a favorite of mine then or now.

Smrynamed
Smrynamed

Give up one of my mother's perfumes. And i like it too. it is an elegant fragrance. Reminds me ballerinas.

Annemin vazgeçemediği parfümlerden biri. Ve ben de seviyorum. Zarif bir kokusu var. Bana balerinleri anımsatıyor.

rebecca6
rebecca6

My grandmother use it always.. So if i smell this perfume on somebody, i automatically think of my grandma..and i don't like this perfume on anybody else, just on my grandma:D This perfume is fantastic!!:D

swedeangel
swedeangel

Nasty cloying stuff,atleast to my nose. I have nothing against strong perfumes,but this one is too sweet and too much of everything.
No no no .

TankGirl
TankGirl

I received this one today, my sweet nanny gave it to me, thanks gina!
well I think its really nice and confy to wear :) It has a strong orange smell, and thats what I smell now, but the drydown must be really beautifull. Its very fresh and sweet and good for all ages, its a little bit powdery but in a decent way. I think it smells more expensive that it is and its really strong.
Better than lots of expensive brands perfume out there. I like it
4 out of 5 :)

Update: woooow this one is really strong, it takes a looong time to mix with your skin, just as an example, is strong has obsession (the smell its totally different obviuosly) The drydown its reaally nice, coconut and vanilla but not in a teeny cheap way. I like it, simple, super feminine! :)
2º UPDATE: I absolutly love it, sweet, warm and perfect for winter.

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

I strongly dislike this fragrance. It is sicking and it smells too strong and sweet and I hate it.

chaton2781
chaton2781

I wasn't sure I should have ordered the sample because I loathe coconut. Well, I could smell the coconut in Far Away, but I actually liked it.
Unlike other reviewers I didn't find it classy at all. I think it smells quite cheap, it makes me think of a loud, scantily-clad teenager on holiday. But it isn't without charm. The peach-vanilla-coconut harmony is interesting. I won't buy it unless I find an exceptional deal, but I'll probably wear it again.

nyoka
nyoka

I am the proud owner of FAR AWAY again.I had almost forgotten it.IT truly is a magical fume.THe notes r such that they dont appear when u expect them to.It has a fruity quality of peaches and oranges with vanilla poured over them.THere is a faint musky tone all the way thru.THe floral middle,along side ,rose,gardenia and jasmine has a distinct kiss of ylang ylang.Very creamy and milky from the coconut milk.THe amber is there from the beginning and warms the brew making it a very cozy,comfortable fume.I think this is avons best.Longevity is 6/8 hrs.Has excellent sillage.It does however,only take a dab.Its VERY concentrated.It smells like nothing else and the mixture of notes at unusual times makes it very different and interesting.A great fume!

Trvevil
Trvevil

I live with one woman in our house [we share it so we can pay half rent] who overdoses this scent so much that I put it in "I hate" immediately. I'm sure it's nice in micro doses not 10 sprays -.-
Anyways, this scent tends to linger in rooms for ages. It's powdery sweetened floral in my opinion. Intense and loud. Be careful. It may cause sensitive beings like me go hug white friend from loo.
He he.. our toilet freshner smells better.. I would wear it D: [p.s. It's Magnolia & Vanilla]

crakky
crakky

Hello...i've just bought this perfume...in a 30 ml EDP bottle and i really like it...but i think it is too much vanilla in it! On the other hand, i really love the coconut and the powdery scent that it has...it is a fragrance for special occasions, not for everyday (in my opinion). It smells really good (on me) after 10 minutes or more...good job Avon! =^.^=

Liina
Liina

I was really hoping I'd like Far Away. When I smell it, it sure is romantic and takes me back in times, good times. But it seems that there's too much of everything, especially too much vanilla for my taste.
It's actually a lovely scent and I totally understand why so many of you like it so it could be just my body chemistry not working with this perfume.

Malibu
Malibu

On first application FAR AWAY was pure powder on me. Doe's anyone remember Love's Babysoft EDT? That's a dead ringer for the top notes here. I was just about to go and scrub it off when it totally transformed. Not just developed fully - It was like I'd applied a different fragrance over it. I've never owned another fragrance that developed so suddenly and dramatically.

The florals develop quickly here; The rose is the strongest and the jasmine is also easy to separate. The fragrance is still somewhat powdery and is warmed up by the amber, and I'm sure that I can pick up a hint of peach too.

The powdery note lingers throughout the base too, but the coconut infused vanilla overtakes it. The base is sweeter then heart but is muskier too, so the sweetness has a hint of airiness to it. I don't usually like musky fragrances, but the balance here is just right.

The staying power is very good, which I think is a shocker since this is an Avon release; It lasts throughout my working day.

This is a loud and proud oriental, so I wouldn't recommend it for warmer weather as it is cloying on me and has lead to some nasty migraines.

As mentioned above this does apply strongly, so if you work in close contact with other people I'd be careful when applying this. It is a nice comforter for daytime and smells sophisticated and classic, so would make a good choice for evenings out to.

I can see myself keeping a bottle on hand for the foreseeable future; it may not be a all-rounder and is a bit cloying, but since it's such a low price I don't mind. Just remember to spray lightly, it's not a subtle fragrance and wears really well.

FAR AWAY is regularly on offer at an even lower price or has free gifts with purchase so it's worth keeping an eye out for if you enjoy powdery florientals.

There's also scented talc, body softener and spray deodorant available.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

One day a lady sat next to me on the bus to work. Her perfume smelled so nice that I asked what she was wearing.
She told me Far Away and she was concerned that it was too strong. I told her I liked it very much and no, it wasn't offensive. I had to get a bottle of it for myself and the price was right ! The reason Avon fragrance is a little different is they use a more thrifty approach to making their products. They may not last as long and some may be a little cheap smelling but everyone can afford them and not ruin their budget. Why should enjoying fragrance be limited to those who can shop at Nordstrom ? Sometimes you need a quick fragrance pick me up with out spending a hundred bucks !
Far Away is one that tends to get intense on some people. I would use a light hand and it may not be the thing to wear to the office because it is an Oriental fragrance and proud of it.

Pepsidoodle
Pepsidoodle

I really wanted to like this perfume, but on my skin it just smells powdery.

It lasted ages though, but for me this was torture as the scent was making me feel sick.

tekila2525
tekila2525

is a question of taste...but in my case i love it,is not something i would user casually or averyday but is romantic NOT heavy but i would say powerful and above all long lasting:)
all depends of the ocasion and the skin type.

CKS
CKS

For me, every fragrance says a story. Sometimes, it says a story to me, and this fragrance, Far Away, is bringing me back memories, of a dear friend of mine. When I smell this fragrance, I remember some mornings with black coffee, some talk with hopes and dreams for the future. Right now, my friend is thousands of km away, and those great times are long time gone.
It is a sweet fragrance, and probably I wouldnt wear it.It is lasting long, is sexy, warm and is very powerful. It has a very interesting appearance of the notes. A fragrance with personality and strong character:)
And indeed, the name is well-chosen. Is like a breath of memories far away, in time...

dr_morphine
dr_morphine

Many people like it but for me its quite powdery smell for that i dont like it .

Rouu
Rouu

saying that FAR AWAY is strong perfume is like rumors that a blind man is a sniper !!!!

its one of the most tender,feminine,elegant fragrances i've ever had,

i bought it over 5 times and i will again, its just amazing
i use it over 7 years ago and it was my signature perfume for long long period!!

its so special smell, with a powdery floral sweet note, it reminds me with the meaning of true Romance!! if romance have a smell it will be FAR AWAY .
although its not expensive fragrance at all, but its soo classy,long lasting, amazing staying power.
its one of the top perfumes among AVON collection , i have FAR AWAY and FAR AWAY SENSUAL and i luve both but the original FAR AWAY is my one and will always be one of the best fragrances i've ever had

try2t
try2t

One word yuuucckkk. I think its a quesion of taste or chemistry . some of my friends love it. I found the powder revolting, deo suffocating and perfume too "powerful" for me

poly1979
poly1979

en mi opinion es el mejor de los perfumes avon, es un clasico, huele tan bien.... la vainilla, las frutas y flores dan una mezcla perfecta, ojala no estuviera tan masificado!!!!!!, creo que podria ser facilmente un perfume de diseñador por su calidad.

Seline
Seline

I had this long time ago, the smell is nice & musky. Its powerfull & long lasting.

Sissi
Sissi

Oriental Baby Powder in a Bottle i
Whould describe it i think it's the Vanilla and the Amber is making it Powderly bottle leaves to imagination
it looks cheap. so i don't know what to
make of it.

Habiba
Habiba

I luv this one! On my third bottle now. Never get bored of it!

Juma
Juma

its my second bottle, one of those which are bought again; rich sensous soft vanilla; memorable and characteristic scent...

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

god, i hate this one! It's just so powdery and vanilla - it gives me a headache! the bottle is cute tho, and lasting power is great. But i just can't wear it!
I recently received the bottle for my b-day from a friend of mine and now I don't know what to do with it!

Lady Venomtongue
Lady Venomtongue

ah , i wish i could understand the very respected people in here that say its a very strong & mature scent , where is that big strength & maturity about Far away's smell ? . but i know something for sure , that our noses do differ vastly in their perception as do our minds in their analysis.
Any how its really a lovely totally likable agreeable mild soft kind of breezy scent which in my mind is suitably preferred to young women & teens.
yes , its apparently floral with a strong coconutty-vanillic-musky accord which renders the composition quite romantic & overtly feminine . yet not atall animalistic in anyway to my perception.
For me , i do like it in whatever quantities on others , as unfortunately i can't bear such sweetness it shows on my skin , nonetheless , its never annoying or bothersome to me .
Lastly , with a very good sillage & humble lasting power .

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

A co-worker of mine has this and wears it religiously. Some days, I don't mind *so* much, while other days, it absolutely repulses me, and I hold my breath while passing through her area, or have to move my head away from the direction of the scent, because I just can't get away from her fast enough. But because the notes in it sound so nice, I tried very hard to make myself like it, but for me, it's a definite no-go... My nose refused to give in, so I had to give my brand-new bottle away.

Another thing is, it really does seem as if Avon has a 'certain smell' with so many of their fragrances... There is a difference between them and others. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm beginning to think there is some truth to that statement, for their ingredients don't seem to be on par with the rest of the fragrance market

anhthu
anhthu

smell so sweet and a tad cosy, too :) dont wear it on ur summer days, it'll give u several headaches :D

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

This is kind of powery and musky but its actually very wearable it smells elegant and its affordable.

Jinalda
Jinalda

This perfume is one of the most musky of all, and even more than the notorious one by Narciso Rodriguez. Though it was launched in the midst of the 90’s, almost 16 years ago, and it may be named as “a perfume from the past”, having all the plenitude of the number of notes and their “immodesty”, like Amarige for instance also has – it smells even more vintage. It smells like something from the beginning of the last century because of the strong animalistic note, which also refers to even more distant times like Josephine Bonaparte’s, as she adored musk. But yet again, as long as it is oriental, it’s huge amount of musk refers to even ancient times, when only people of Arabia were familiar to the musk scent. So, in my opinion it is much more oriental musky, than oriental floral as it is stated.

This fragrant is heavy and rich, dense and strong – not for the “fairy-ladies” or little girls. It’s not something that one would love from the first sniff, and also that is not something that one would love to wear on any kind of occasion. That is a scent for a very self-confident woman, and not for the everyday wear (if only it’s not winter). Has a distinct sillage, and if you spritz one time on a wrist in the evening, you will definitely fill the smell of it on the next day. In the massive wave of the aroma, when it’s just spayed, one can really find all the flowers and none of them is apart from the others, and in the same time it is not a mess – the unique smell is created in this union. I can’t tell you where exactly the peach, and where the violet, but they all definitely here. It has the powderness (due to gardenia I suppose) like all the flowers were dried and adust to powder, and the bitterness, and the sweetness of vanilla and coconut. But all of these characteristics are based on a “grasping” musk and by it transformed.

It has a very low price, due to different marketing reasons, but one should really try a sample before buying, because this is a very difficult one, though in a good way.

JML LEE
JML LEE

i used to love to wear this but now it doesnt smell right on me but i still love to smell it on other people

KellyChrisp
KellyChrisp

I got testers, tested this and found it is strong smelling, strong talcum powder smell with oriental flowers, smells like coumarin, smells like a feminine version of men's perfume Joop. I can see why others like it but I find it cloying and definetely wont buy it, I prefer Far Away Dreams.

c3c
c3c

I'm on the fence about this perfume. It's a bit too powdery for me but I like it.
It starts out harsh, sweetens to a gourmand level with a powdery overtone, then it softens considerably still carrying the same notes.
It makes me think of berries with a very light hint of coconut and vanilla, carried on a soft cloud of powder. The rose is hiding in there somewhere. I believe that's what makes it seem a bit old to me.
Not really my style but I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it.

tzoutzou78
tzoutzou78

amazing perfume, very oriental ,very sweet absolutely a unique fragrance, never smelled anything similar, i think its amust have if you like oriental florals, and a very good price,, well done avon!!

Soph
Soph

I actually had this perfume and now I need a new one because I used it all up! It is actually quite a nice perfume and is very soft and gentle

eranaral
eranaral

Very powdery. Kind of like Baby powder + Rose. Sweet in a dry manner, not fruity or cake like sweet.
lasts long (5+ hours) and does not sit close to the skin, its actually very good in being noticeable.

*something in it reminds me of chemical bug spray in a sweeter way sometimes.

picuri82
picuri82

kevaana I think you should consider how much Avon fragrances costs before judging. I believe the toilet freshner thing is much exaggerated. Longer lasting good perfumes start at different price levels so next time you are bitching bear that in mind.

IuliaPana
IuliaPana

Few years ago, when I was a teen and into fresh frags I loathed this, I mean I really felt sick if I had the unluck to feel it...Well, my taste changed and lately I was wondering how would I feel about it now...So I bought it, but I asked for the bodyspray not the perfume and I can say that it's a nice fragrance, I especially like it's powdery feel, it really comforts me. Still, I am a little afraid of buying the fragrance as I think it will be a little to strong even for winter time and at the moment I am enjoying the lighter formula. Nice one...

kylexora
kylexora

i love this perfume. i love the vanilla smell and i love the floral and musk. the sandalwood make me feel warm and i love it since 1998. i never got tired of this smells. staying power is good and suprisingly its avon... the only thing i hate about this perfume is there's lots of people wearing this perfume.. i hate to be smells the same with other people..

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

In UK we've just had the latest Far Away perfume release - FAR AWAY DREAMS. It has a white and cream cap with a pale goldish tassle. The scent has a tropical theme; lots of mango and some coconut. I love it! Makes me think of far away islands under a warm but lazy sun, mmmm... Not as long-lasting or sweet as the original Far Away, this is quite different but I can detect a "family resemblance" and it has the same warmth.

La Moon
La Moon

I first got this perfume as a gift on my sweet 16. I took in a whiff of it and threw it back in the bag telling myself how I want this stuff far away from me! BUT I always have to double-check on the perfumes..soo I did..it smelled awesome as the day went by..tried it out for school..I was surprised to get compliments by it(mostly by the guys) I guess they really love that light vanilla. I have re-bought it 3 times since then :)

abigailmarie
abigailmarie

I think this one is Avon's best. I have worn this one on and off for many years (I'm 30 now). I still like it, but I've moved on to other things now. Smells good, and one spray will do you for the whole day.

Diegof7

Esse perfume é o classico dos florais orientais, tem uma duração na pele incrível, ideal pra ser usado em climas mais amenos ou pela noite, um dos maiores sucessos da Avon ao redor do mundo !!

Mim
Mim

This perfume is very sweet, warm, soft, strong, rich, juicy and beautiful. I like it a lot! It's staying power is so good. It lasts all day and night if it has to :).
I love wearing it when it rains outside. It makes me feel warm...

lucy77
lucy77

its a little strong scent but i cant deny it is nice and similar to D&G red....

Vivi
Vivi

Although there were elements of this I liked, I don't like it over all, due to the amber. Way too much amber.

elly77
elly77

It reminds me Dolce Vita - both bottle and scent. Too strong for me, but I like it on some other ladies.

Diegof7

Adoooro bem floriental com a nota de baunilha no fundo bem expressiva, a fixação dele é muito boa e faz sucesso aqui no Brasil

falovalo
falovalo

This has a very rich feeling to it. It's almost chocolatey to me, which I suppose is due to the coconut and vanilla. It's very warm and to me, very comforting.

weswessa
weswessa

very strong,long lasting perfume,if you like vanilla then its yours :)

Kama
Kama

In my opinion they smell just the same as red D&G women....

Soft, incensey fruit with musk. Very strong and can be overpowering. I like it when it first goes on, but it doesn't wear well as time progresses and can become too cloying. In the end, this was a scrubber for me.

ursabear
ursabear

I love perfume but there was a woman at the office one day and I'm not the type to say anything to anyone since I'm usually knee-deep in manure, but I asked her to go and wash it off. We had to work together for the rest of the day and I was literally getting sick from the smell.

Jasraeldesigns
Jasraeldesigns

Im sorry,
i cannot wear this one. It is sooo sweet and unfortunately smells like the price point this fragrance falls in.

However, I am able to wear Today and it is as Lovely as it sounds!

LauraM
LauraM

The only thing woth ordering from Avon (apart from their kohl eyeliner) it is such a beautiful perfume, it's one of my "would be really nice on a date" ones's lol And the bottle is to die for (I even like the box so much I kept it).

crysna
crysna

i adore it!!!! Far Away is on my top 3 fragrances with Hot couture and tresor! it's a floriental fragrance that include fruity notes, if u like fruity fragrances this is for u. wearing this parfum u will turn heads, u will feel femenine and elegant! a very complex composition like many of this fragrances, fressia, orange blossom, peach, jasmine..... so irresistible! it's very long lasting and perfect for winter seasons, the bottle is to die for!

melozberk
melozberk

I think this is Avon's most long lasting and one of the best fragrance. A little bit too powdery and later a while too much vanilla on me but still original and lovely. Gives an impression of high self-confidence and femininity.

elaida_00
elaida_00

i believe this perfume cannt be worn by everybody..is very strong and the baso note is so sweet..i donno not quite my style , i find it very mature

Malegria
Malegria

I tried it at the sweet age of 17 and thought that it was way too mature.Now I am totally ready! It is very soft and powdery, very original and I don`t thik it to be a clone of anything....I like the warmness of ylang ylang in Far Away, and a touch of coconut;the scent creates the feeling of something delightfully soft, like an angora sweater.
The lasting power is really good, too.

sweetness21
sweetness21

I had this one a long time ago, but the smell of it is unforgetable. The fragrance of it is very powerful, its a bit sexy but yet casual. Wearin this perfume out will most definalty turn heads!

Far Away by Avon 3.29 out of 5 based on 1366 ratings and 288 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Far Away fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Far Away, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Far Away by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Far Away by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.