Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Far Away Dreams Avon for women

Far Away Dreams Avon for women
dislike

tropical

Far Away Dreams by Avon is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are tropical fruits and floral notes; middle notes are sandalwood and floral notes; base note is amber. The fragrance features tropical fruit, floral notes, sandalwood and amber.

Tropical Fruits Floral Notes

Sandalwood Floral Notes

Amber

Far Away Dreams Fragrance Reviews

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

This is a real beauty by Avon - woody-fruity and long lasting, without the strong vanilla note. Some of my friends actually hated this, but it's their problem;) On me it smells just amazing and I wish they brought it back! So unlike its horrific coconut follower - Far Away Exotic...

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I have almost all of the far away series (dont have the newest 'Gold' one yet) and this is the only one I cant wear. The fruit, coconut? is a greenish note and greens turn very sour on my acidic skin. Otherwise it is a very nice light warm fruity floral on me.

Silage is just above skin, about 3 or 4 inches. Lasts a decent time, about 3+ hours.

Good daytime scent just not for me personally.

polkadot27
polkadot27

Warm creamy vanilla scent with fruity undertones. Lasts a long time but is a skin scent. Comforting charming and non threatening. Suitable for everyday wear. Very relaxing, cozy scent. It's one of those scents that are very well blended.

silvia d
silvia d

Very poor! I got it about one year and a half ago and only 1/4 consumed... A body lotion lasts longer. Disappointed.

andacwandet
andacwandet

it's very special perfume for me.It reminds me of old times because its powdery scent.
when i used it,i fell myself like an elegance,stylish and sweety grand-ma :)

Thutel
Thutel

o meu chegou hoje ...pr mim que predomina é uma coisa meio kiwi cm pêssego mel tbm...eu gostei muito do aroma...

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

For me, this was love at first spritz! It has remnants of Far Away Exotic but with way more tropical notes. It has great longevity on my skin. It was a blind buy that I am extremely happy about. I love it!

TeddiesGirl
TeddiesGirl

This is okay. Fresh and peachy, a tad "cheap"-smelling IMO.

Ouch!
Ouch!

So this is mainly my "out of the shower and in to bed" fragrance.
And NOT just because it is called far away dreams.

This has a very cozy, light...sweet and gentle "coconut fluff" feel to it. Yes it is tropical but in a very understated way. It feels more like tropical fruits have been covered in a veil of fluffy musk and very subtle florals. It smells fuzzy and a tinge woodsy. I'm gonna take a guess and say the florals in here are violet, some kind of jasmine or tuberose and then something tropical like frangipani.

This is very aptly named, as I said..I wear it to bed. It's comforting and WAY not as loud as the original.

I was so pleasantly surprised by it when I first smelled it. I wish I had gotten more tbh! I may do in the future.

This is the epitome of "innofensive" yes..it's very safe...yes it's simple...but sometimes simple is beautiful..and I would call this perfume beautiful...especially for the price.

Chido
Chido

Smells like an exotic tropical holiday. I liked it, but didn't finish the bottle. I gave it away to a sister- in- law. I would not find myself reaching for this often. But it is a lovely fragrance. I would consider repurchasing it.

ninius
ninius

Very pleasant and calming scent.

fragaddict
fragaddict

I disagree with moongirl. This is nothing like Far Away Exoticc at all. Exotic is deep, sweet and sexy and more like the first one. This one is softer, more floral and powdery. It is nice in the beginning, but the drydown leaves a lot to be desired. I gave this one away to my aunt who is older and has more of an appreciation for it. I kept the original and Exotic which are far more enjoyable to me. This one lacked the intensity and depth the other two have. It's good if you like softer, more floral fragrances.

MoonGirl

I'm sure this has been re-badged as Far Away Exotic. I absolutely love it and the big bonus is that the new purple packaging is perfect for my bedroom colour scheme!

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is just the right mix of fruits, and flowers.
I smell hibiscus, and pinapple at the start, and then the sandalwood, and amber show up after a few minutes. I also get passionfruit in there as well.
This is a nice fragrance, and not too expensive.
I recommend this for daytime, and early evening casual dates.
I also think it would make a nice young lady's first perfume.

lara0905
lara0905

The Far Away-line is very close to my heart...not because they are popular in Europe and in the USA( not even in North-Europe, like Sweden), or wallet-friendly, but because they have really good smell and they are really nice fragrances!
..Ok, I'm a little biased, becuse the original Far Away was in the first fragrances I ever felt but nevertheless I really like them..without exception.:)

All perfume from the Far Away range has a powdery softness, which is covers you in a warm and sensual cloud. You'll find this kind of softness in this perfume as well.

Far Away Dream is exotic milky and furry at the same time.Thick and rich mixture of the luscious tropical fruits(peach, mango, coconut, pineapple)and shy florals like gardenia and hiding rose grounded by sweet amber and sensual sandalwood, spiced with a hint of vanilla.Well-blended,creamy, powdery and smooth composition with languid,peaceful aura.

This perfume conjures up the sun-drenched tropical landscapes but I couldn't imagine myself to wear this fragrance in the summer.

Far Away Dream like a fluffy fur coat-just warms me up and transports me to the sunny beach on those frosty Swedish winter mornings.:)

marcela86
marcela86

The bottle looks really cheap and the fragrance is just ok. It's juicy, sweet and powdery, all in the same time. I get the tropical fruits, floral notes, sandalwood and amber, but vanilla is also there with her sweetness. Reminds me a bit of D&G The One, I think they are in the same category(The One is much better, of course). Far Away (the original) smells much better than this, also.

Gyöngy
Gyöngy

It smells like peach and sandalwood on my skin. My husband always tells me I'm not old enough to use it.
I like it but can't feel anything 'plus' in this EDP. As longlasting as original Far Away but not so intensive like that. Not bad. (:

MoonGirl

An exotic holiday in a bottle. Wonderful. All warm and tropical not aquatic. Dreamy!

Hayven
Hayven

Far Away was a staple for women in my town back when I was a 90s kid. I had figured I would like it as an adult based on the raving reviews scattered online, but I bought a purse spray and immediately disliked it. The longevity was incredible, but the scent would hit me like a strong wave over and over. I had to give it away.

I bought this blindly online, and I am much more pleased with this version. It's a bit lighter on my skin than the original Far Away. The box describes the notes as "a joyful dream of sunny peach, tropical mango, and lush florals unfolding to the soft sensuality of amber and creamy sandalwood". Amber and sandalwood in a perfume are a new concept to me (if you see my perfume list, you'll understand). So when I smelled both, I was like "what is this? smells pretty good!" and they transition well in the dry-down from the top fruity notes.

The dry-down DOES remind me of shampoo or deodorant. But there's nothing wrong with that; it's a clean smell and I find it very pleasant.

karolla28
karolla28

Caution! Its comming the new Far Away EXOTIC. Its fantastic!!! I sampled it yesterday and I'm in love with it!!! Just perfect sweet exotic fragrance.

Robinlolo
Robinlolo

My "other" first blind buy from Avon (bought with Rare Pearls) so I didn't know what to expect. It wasn't until I tried Far Away Dreams that I understood the cruel irony of finding a perfume you're not crazy about... but which really works with your chemistry! Gah! I don't know what it is about this perfume, but it really works on me, and the only reason I don't like it is because I don't like fruity scents. However, I can recognize that it's a nice fruity scent, if that makes sense. It has good sillage on me, and stays true to the original scent, but it's just not something I want to smell like. But I wouldn't mind it on someone else.

marianalbir
marianalbir

very floral...jasmine
i feel like it's spring time and 'm walking in a garden full of flowers :D
like it but not in love wiz

AprilLouisa
AprilLouisa

I love this just as I love the original n_n I am not sure whether it wears off too quickly or whether my nose just gets used to it but I love it. I find it very comforting and not too overpowering. I would buy again and probably would try any other Far Away fragrances that I haven't tried already :)

tojuju
tojuju

very low smell,this like deodorant very big disappointment,

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

If Crystal Noir had a little sister, could be this perfume. It's brighter, less sweet and easy to wear. The intense sugary coconut in other gives place to a more gentle interpretation of the white flowers. They're creamy, but more in a milky way, blending with a smooth amber and fruit salad slightly sweet. For me this is delightful and light, great for everyday wear. Not the same as CNoir but for me, somewhere they have some similarities.

DANIELA BARBARA
DANIELA BARBARA

ACHEI MUITO BOM SE TRATANDO DE AVON QUE VEM MELHORADO MUITO DE UNS TEMPOS PRA CA ESTE PERFUME E DIFERENTE DOS QUE EU ESTOU ACOSTUMADA A USAR E NA MINHA OPINIAO E REALMENTE MUITO BOM FRAGNCIA LIMPA EM QUE SE PODE SENTIR CLARAMENTE CADA NOTA MENCIONADA UM CHEIRO CONFORTAVEL COMO UMA NOITE FRIA NA BEIRA DE UMA LAREIRA DO LADO DE QUEM SE AMA UMA DURAÇAO MUITO BOA POR SER UM DESODORANTE COLONIA DE 4 A 6 HORAS E SEM CONTAR SEU VIDRO QUE E BEM FOFINHO DIGO ISSO COM TODA SEGURANÇA PORQUE TEM MUITOS PERFUMES J´ADORE[DIOR] COOL WATER [DAVIDOFF] GLAW[JENIFFER LOPEZ] ENTRE OUTROS NEM POR ISSO FAÇO POUCO DO FAR ALWAY DREAMS SE FOSSE DAR UMA NOTA DE 0 10 DARIA 8 BJS DANY

Java Sparrow
Java Sparrow

I see that I am not the only one who find Far Away Dreams similar to Crystal Noir which I like. This scent is also tropical with its strong gardenia plus amber ( the coconut smell) and sandalwood notes. However FAD is much more for every day use. It is lighter and happier, less sexy, with delicious peachy notes. And this is absolutely not a copy, it has its own character and quality.I love it, one of my favourites! I hope they will not discontinue it. I agree that it could be compared as well to Noa, not in notes but in mood - a clean, refreshing, slightly powdery fragrance with personality. The lasting power on my skin is excellent, I can feel the beautiful smell all around me the whole day and even next morning in my hair! In my opinion it also combines very well wih Avon Thailand Lotus Flower products, because they create the same exotic, coconutty, relaxing ambience. The bottle is nice, too.

My mom just got this yesterday...and SHE cannot stand "Far Away" and gave away her Far Away Paradise after one wearing. With this one, however, she bought the EDP, the perfumed skin softener AND the deodorant roll-on!!

From the back of her box:

"A joyful dream of sunny peach, tropical mango and lush florals unfolds to the soft sensuality of amber and creamy sandalwood."

I, myself, preferred the discontinued (all too soon) Far Away Sensual Embrace to any of the other Far Aways but it IS a very nice perfume...fruity (but not too) with drier flowers and a subtle oriental dry down.

Review to follow upon wearing it!

Patricia888
Patricia888

I really wanted to like this. I love the bottle, I love the name of it but could not find a thing in this parfume that I liked. I smelled my wrist for the whole day each 30 min to give a heart ad buttom notes a try. But didn`t work. I can imagine this parfume could be liked by very rigid, serious type of women - for a strict school teacher or scientist. A little bit philistine like and reminds the soviet time parfumes. Also, it did not evoke any emotions and memories. Too rigid, serious and boring for me.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

In my opinion, while Far away paradise is similar to the original, this is completely different; I would rather describe it as a airy, lighter version of Versace Crystal noire: on my skin, I can smell the gardenia and coconut notes very well, and than it turns in a sweet and a little bit powdery fragrance. Beautiful, but the lasting power is very poor for me :(

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

has a very peachy powder scent. not my fav in the world but its allright. very classy

arimegahot
arimegahot

Sé que depende de cada piel, pero yo no le siemto casi lo floral, yo le siento el mango y el durazno, que son las notas de salida que dice la caja del perfume. La verdad es que es un olor muy cremoso, tambien se siente el coco todo el tiempo. Dura bastante, es de buena calidad, y me costo 15 dolares, o 200 pesos mexicanos, asi es que es super económica. estoy muy emocionada con este perfume, creo que es el ideal para usarse con algun vestido blanco, es muy elegante, se los recomiendo!!

floricica
floricica

It's longlasting, smells amazing and the sillage is great

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

Es un buen perfume muy ponible no es tan dulce como el original ni tan ofensivo como el Paraiso

millan

Have a bad allergy so the only perfume I can wear when I have allergy's or a cold is Far Away Dreams! I just love it & it doesn't irritate my nasal passages.
LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

someone mentioned this is sweet like tons of chocolate????? no, no sweet notes in this at all. maybe she talked about another perfume from those flankers.
this one is so pure and powdery. light, airy flowertrails with tropical hints of coconut and juicy mouthwatering (not candy sweet) fruits. longlasting and nice sillage. great for this price ! avon rules (sometimes!).....

ajc
ajc

at first I can smell peach, after a while there is only a coconut.nice, gentle and powdery scent but nothing special.beautiful bottle.

crakky
crakky

This perfume is sooo delicate...i thought it was a horrible scent just because on my mom, it didn't smell that good...but on me...fabulous! I expected something very different...like sikening coconut, because of the color of the bottle, but it is not coconuty at all! It is kinda' peachy and this is the reason i love it so much! Avon is still impressing me with this beautful fragrances! Great job, AVON!

Liina
Liina

Far Away Dreams is a bit similar to the original Far Away. They both have dominant amber and sandalwood notes. But as Far Away has vanilla and this one hasn't it is not as sugar-sweet as the original one. Far Away Dreams has the peach note in it which is very noticeable on the top of the scent. It's not a juicy luscious peach but a bit soapy one. But the flowery notes (gardenia) make it a bit softer.
Overall it's mature a bit soapy sweet oriental scent in a gorgeous bottle. I thought it was a round shape bottle (like Britney's Fantasy) but this on is even better to hold in the hand when spraying. And the thing around it's neck makes it a bit more special.

pnkprincess
pnkprincess

i bought this perfume about a week ago, and i must say, that i'm surprised how good it smells!I'm not saying it's a fragrence to die for, but if yourtrying to get low cost perfume,that smells sweet, and on the creamy side, you can't go wrong with this one!

flowersandcandy
flowersandcandy

I tested this perfume today and it's very strong.Suitable for an older woman.on the + side it lasts long.It dries down to a sent very similar to Felce Azura the talk-powder.Not my taste at all.

saso eltaweel
saso eltaweel

i didn't like it at all
it smells like acheap deodorant tooo powdery i found the original one is much better than this one

I haven't really fallen in love with a perfume like I have with Far Away Dreams
To me it dosn't smell cheap nor like deodorant. To me it smells comforting sexy , clean sensual.,juicy, tropical & expensive. I wear it to sleep to go out I wear it for any occasion I have stack up with 3 bottles + the one I'm using. And I bought the 2 of each the perfume skin softener , the talc & the deodorant. I am doing this because Avon has the habit of discontinuing fragrances. And I dont want to be without it..

guest_nelly
guest_nelly

i bought this perfume for my cousin's and i had no idea what it smelled like and i wondered more when she thanked me a lot for it because she is very picky on perfume and she said it was perfect for her. one day we were at her house and we were about to go out with some of the girls and i asked to borrow some and then i knew why she liked it so much and ever since it has been her signature scent.

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Much better that the original. I actually like the smell of it and it does last on me.

ArtELLE
ArtELLE

This is a nice one. Good staying power, powdery, clean smell...soft sensual type. Nice and eas to wear when the weather is not hot. Proper for the ladies that like soft orientals, not the heavy sweet ones.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

This is a nice toned down version of Far Away. Regular Far Away can get too intense and is a good lighter Oriental floral from Avon. It does have the usual Avon powder after dry down. I can smell coconut and just a pinch of spice. It could pass for a dusting powder scent and might be good for occasions where strong perfume is out.
I compared it side by side with Estee at the mall since it was supposed to be similar. Estee is much greener and stronger, not the same.
Far Away Dreams might be a nice gift for someone who wears a soft perfume now and then. Not too expensive either.

lucy77
lucy77

Definately recommend this,so nice ,one of my favorite scent.It smells creamy,clean, slightly musky on me.

Juma
Juma

Gentle tropic scent with musk- it is all season scent.
It's a bit similar to its mama Far away(I adore it) but is has no of its character and power.
Ideal scent for late vacation.
It fades away in two- three hours.

guest_debob
guest_debob

This is very fruity and soft. It slightly reminds me of Estee Lauder's Pleasures Tropical, but without the sharp bitter sour dead flowers note.

817flowers
817flowers

This is a very soft,floral, powdery scent - and lasts a very long time and smells wonderful throughout the experience. I don't like powder scents -but this is different. It would be a perfect summer scent for any occasion.

guest_Lexzy
guest_Lexzy

Just Got my Bottle. it smells a bit like Vanilla Infused with flowers, and a faint dash of coconut. Soft and sophisticated actually, then towards a nice sandalwood dry down....

Fragaria

If you like Estee by Estee Lauder you'll love this at a fraction of the cost. I'd have to describe them about the same at first. This one has a nice faint coconut scent, so faint you have to be looking for it. It's nice and clean, and yes, it's like some fresh deoderant also but it's a very quality scent. I like it so much, it may be a favorite in my top 10? This can offend no one because they'd just think it's your deoderant and won't bother to complain!

lkell
lkell

Kittycat63, what type of deodorant does it smell like, cause I want some!!! ha ha.

I really like this perfume. And for the price, it smells much more expensive.

AmberLove
AmberLove

This is a very nice, not too strong exotic scent. It smells creamy, clean, slightly musky on me.
This is indeed a very wearable scent for every day and it smells expensive. I just totally agree with KellyCrisp that this is a warm, comforting scent, I think this is suitable for all seasons. The mango/musk combination is very unique.
I like this more than the original Far Away, which is too sweet.
Will definately recommend this!! Affordable and quality stuff!!!

Fragaria

I'll be getting THIS one! I just tried a sample and I am very excited over it. So many images go through my head from this scent, all good ones that bring a smile to my face. This perfume is many things in my mind. Love this one from the sample.

guest_angel
guest_angel

Another winner from Avon. Slight family resemblance to the original Far Away in the warmth of the base, but this little sister has a beauty all her own - gorgeous sweet creamy aura, gentle and more subtle than the original, lovely hints of tropical fruit. A real pleasure to wear, as I've been doing most days since I bought it.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

To me this perfume smells just like a woman's underarm deodorant! It's not unpleasant, just powdery and generic deodorant like. Contrary to what KellyChrisp has said in her review, I think because of the deodorant like smell this perfume smells quite cheap and if I want to smell of deodorant I'd buy one and not a bottle of perfume! The bottle is very nice though but it's a pity the perfume doesn't quite match up to that.

I was very disappointed that Far Away Dreams didn't live up to my expectations and the positive reviews on here so I'm going to be returning my bottle.

KellyChrisp
KellyChrisp

Im really impressed with this perfume it is very beautiful, very long lasting good silage. The sandalwood and amber really make this perfume balanced with the slight sweet notes with hints of coconut on the first day I tried it. and smells expensive and warm. I feel like Im on a good holiday or brings me back to memories of holidays on islands. It is quite a comforting smell. Really good value for money.

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Hooray! I've waited weeks for this to come up on the list! I love this fragrance: Delicate florals, lots of mango and fruits, some coconut too - but this is cleverly different from other tropical sents because it hasn't been fused with aquatic, cool notes. Instead it has a definite warmth which means it's great for year-round wear. It makes me think of far away islands under a warm but lazy sun nowhere near the sea (because it omits the aquatic notes) mmmm... Not as sweet as the original Far Away, this is quite different but there's certainly a "family resemblance" in the cosy feeling radiated by the vanilla, amber and sandalwood. This isn't up-class or special enough for a romantic night out or an important social occassion but is great for day wear or cosy nights in.

Far Away Dreams by Avon 3.57 out of 5 based on 197 ratings and 60 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Far Away Dreams fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Far Away Dreams, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Far Away Dreams by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Far Away Dreams by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.