Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

tropical
coconut
Far Away Exotic Avon for women Pictures Far Away Exotic Avon for women Pictures

Far Away Exotic takes your senses on an exotic journey. The fragrance combines notes of mango, spiced chai and mandarin with the heart of saffron rose, coconut milk and jasmine and the base of patchouli, amber, musk and sandalwood. It is available as 50 ml EDP. Far Away Exotic was launched in 2012.

Mandarin Orange Mango Spices

Jasmine Rose Coconut

Musk Sandalwood Patchouli Amber

Far Away Exotic Fragrance Reviews

The_Entity
The_Entity

This smells good enough to drink, smells like a chai latte with coconut milk

Sierrasaurusrex
Sierrasaurusrex

I definitely agree with the two reviews below mine. I do not smell any coconut, no fruits, or anything tropical as some of the other reviews are saying. I have Bronze Goddess, it's a wonderful tropical, suntan like perfume. This is anything but. It is spicy, I'm getting a very powdery note and a lot of sandalwood. It is a very mature perfume, It's just not for me.

Glamamour
Glamamour

I`m going to agree with the review below mine ·samloves· This smells a bit to artifical for me, I was really excited reading the reviews that it smelled like Bronze Goddess, Reb`l Fleur, someone even said Euphoria. Well No! I´m not sure if the people saying these things own these fragrances but they are so wrong! If anything it smells just a tad bit like Rhianna`s perfume but it`s way synthethic with a tiny bit of coconut. I really did not like this, instead I recommend Far Away Gold which I ordered at the same time. For age reference I´m 26.

samloves
samloves

I wanted to try the original Far Away but after reading so many great reviews on here and seeing it was mostly tropical smelling I thought it sounded divine. I was disappointed it smelt so synthetic & cheap like a body spray definitely not like a edt. I passed if on to my 19 year old niece who also thought it was unpleasant. So I'm going to give Far Away a go and see how that compares.

ellina1984
ellina1984

I love this! I don't really like the original far away, because of the strong gardenia note. But this one is pure bliss. I get clementines and coconut right off the top. There's a sunscreen vibe, but a very pleasant one, balanced by the citrus. Then the original citrus zap dies down, and it becomes sweeter and exotic. I get a touch of spice, and a warm base of patchouli ,and sandalwood and coconut. This is all I ever hoped bronze goddess would be (in bornze goddess, ther's an oiliness and a bitterness that ruins it for me).

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

Love love love ... this perfume is gorgeous and the scent so uniq. Ideal for the summer nights... Long lasting on my skin ! I'm so sad cause in Greece is discontinue.
To me smells like Bronze Godess.. !

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

I just received a sample of this, and wow it smells like Euphoria by Calvin Klein! It has the same sharp burst of sweet darkness upon hitting the skin but comtinues to develop like Euphoria. It's very similar on my skin, i'm shocked how alike that it is.... Try it yourself and see!

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I thought this might be the 'young and girly' fragrance I was looking for but it's not. It's fruity and exotic but for an older lady, the reason being that it smells very spicy on me giving it a more mature smell. Sits too close to the skin for me, I would say the sillage was more soft than moderate.

PinkPlaid
PinkPlaid

I've been seeing this around but was very hesitant to try. It was until I read so many good reviews that I decided to give it a chance. But I must say, I was AMAZED!!! This stays on me for more than 7 hours and has a really good sillage. The composition overall is warm, sweet, and a bit spicy. To me, it has a certain allure that got me hypnotized! I just can't stop smelling my wrist when I'm wearing this. Its truly the "PASSAGE TO INDIA" like what its first campaign says as it brings back fond memories of the Diwali festival I've ever been a part of. There is a certain light and color to this scent that I can't describe but the syrupy sweetness and hint of spice resembles exotic fares namely Gulab jamun, Jalebi, & mango Chutney. I ADORE this creation from Avon and I'd be DEVASTATED should they decide to DISCONTINUE it.

sayrmaillah@yahoo.com
sayrmaillah@yahoo.com

i tried this at an avon store. at first sniff i was like this really smells so familiar and i thought what is it. far away exotic does smell like it's name.."exotic". then i realized it smells so much like something that i already own that is rihanna reb'l fleur. coconut, patchouli, amber and musk are the similar notes for both of these perfumes. in the end i like reb'l fleur better coz it's more original. both the sillage and longevity by looking at the votes above, i guess it's a good one just like the original far away. i prefer the original far away rather than far away exotic. the original one is just so unique unlike any other.

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

Very sweet with lingering coconut. Will be perfect in the summer months.

Thutel
Thutel

gente esse perfume é maravilhoso..pelo preço nossa muito bom custo benefício ....realmente ele tem uma algo semelhante ao perfume da Riahnna....mas não é totalmente parecido...

ltinuviel
ltinuviel

While, I love the classic Far Away, and after reading here some reviews, I decided, this will be great summer perfume! So, i bought it in the middle of the summer, in the hottest days. Of course, I sprayed all over me, and I didn't like it at all. I tried it a couple of times, in the evening, in the morning.. but I was very disappointed. Where is the expected juicy, sweet mango scent, the creamy tropical coconut, the amber, and the sandalwood? All I got, was cheap, synthetic smell, overwhelming. Very sadly, I didn't wear it anymore. Till now - it's december, Christmas time. I tried it yesterday, and I love it <3 <3

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Sadly, on my skin it smells really "chemically" and (I'm really sorry to say) cheap. But the sample itself smells like candy! "Exotic" candy. It's syrupy sweet, tropical, juicy and vibrant, with a spicy bite. There's also a lovely floral breeze running through it and I think overall it's a very nice scent. But it doesn't work on my skin at all, which is just as well because I don't think it's really my style anyway.

Edit: I came back to say that I'm enjoying the dry down. Something about it sort of reminds me of the dry down of Jeau de Peux. And it didn't take a very long time to get here, but it took longer than most perfumes do (which is probably why I was so quick to dismiss this fragrance.) I might buy a bottle of this just for the dry down.

Libran
Libran

I love the original Far Away and bought this to see what it was like. I have to admit I am hooked. This fragrance is sexy, sweet and luscious! Lasts for hours and can only be described as heady! I really like it. Not at all like some of the other very generic and sometimes boring Avon fragrances. This one smells like it was put together by an expert "nose"! Quite sweet and complex, I detect the coconut and vanilla and the spice is there but very balanced and not too woody or smoky! Very smooth and mouth watering! Delicious!

expialidocious
expialidocious

Really happy I got this one. I haven't smelled this combination of notes before. It's warm and fresh at the same time, gourmand, though feminine. Funny, though, as I've never been fond of gourmand perfumes. I'm sure I'll buy it again and again in the future. And most importantly, it can be used by women of all ages!!

Merl
Merl

Wonderful fragrance for fall and winter in small doses. Like another wonderful Avon, Gold, I would advise spraying it and walking through it; the dry down for both is excellent and long lasting. A fragrance does not have to be expensive to be fantastic, Royal Secret, Interlude, Tabu, etc.

tooti73
tooti73

I used to sell Avon and tried this on a whim. I love it! I have not been able to find anything else like it. But sadly it has been discontinued.

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

I can't work this one out. I like it and I'm not sure about it at the same time. One minute I'm getting heady, creamy coconut, the next, old pencil sharpenings that have been hanging around for a while. When I sniff close up, sometimes the coconut and pencil shavings disappear, sometimes not, and I smell the prettiness that is Far Away, albeit lighter and more subtle. This is a new one on me, definitely an intriguing, chameleon fragrance. Good lasting power on my skin, always a positive.

sygrid29
sygrid29

this is the intense or noir version of rihanna's reb'l fleur. much more potent and longer lasting.

xmahy
xmahy

i bought it for the coconut, sweet
but i don't know what the tropical is but it ruined it
it smells cheap
the best thing about it is long lasting (for people who love it)

someone said it smells like sun tan lotion.. i think sun lotion smell and much better and classier than it.

swedtmolinari
swedtmolinari

I'm mad about it. Far Away Exotic has an incredible coconut scent with sugary/spicy/fruity hints.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

I expected a heavy, fruity, and powdery scent. Instead, I got an awesome surprise:

Far Away Exotic smells just like my long gone bottle of Gap's Island Hop Body Spray (before it went bad from heat): soft and fresh piña colada with rosey sandalwood.

I'll be wearing this all year round :)

A few months ago, many were recommending Far Away Exotic as one of the better Avon scents. In an effort to open my eyes to more inexpensive brands, I ordered a bulk lot of samples, and Far Away Exotic was one of them.

First of all, I can't smell that chai tea note, but I do smell some subtle spices. To my nose, Far Away Exotic is a juicy, sweet mango scent, with a hint of tropical coconut and a dash of inoffensive spices. It reminds me a little of Hugo Boss Deep Red.

What surprised me the most about this scent was its soft projection. For some reason I expected a somewhat bold, sweet, almost juvenile fragrance, but I was greeted by something quite different.

Far Away Exotic is not my favourite Avon fragrance, as that award goes to Imari Mystique, but I do enjoy it nonetheless. I wouldn't mind wearing this fragrance during Summer, or even to the beach.

The longevity is average, and as I mentioned before, the sillage is moderate but not too strong. It was worth trying but I don't think I'd ever buy a bottle of it.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Sorry folks but this is my guilty pleasure, I love it!! It's so sweet and ridiculously fruity and it cheers me up on a sad day and makes me smile. Not to be taken too seriously, I love wearing this at bedtime. It makes me dream of the sun, sea and drinking Pina Colada's on the beach.

Lidell
Lidell

It's kind of fun to smell like pina colada with sugar frosting.

I was a fan of the original Far Away as a kid, but I decided to buy Far Away Exotic because I already own a lot of gardenia heavy fragrances.
At the beginning FAE is predominately mango, musk, amber and sandalwood. There is definitely a creamy factor to it that I believe is enhanced by the coconut, but the scent of coconut doesn't really come through until the final drydown, several hours in.
I tend to prefer heavier, spicier scents so FAE is a great summer fragrance for me. It's sweet, but not too sweet. Fruity, but doesn't put me in mind of candy or tropical drinks.
I believe fans of Brasil Dream will greatly enjoy this fragrance.

LaureAndTy
LaureAndTy

I love all the Far Away fragrances!!! However, this site doesn't even have a section for "Far Away Fantasy" (remember? the one with the blue and black yin/yang cap??) Far Away Fantasy is, by far, their best "Far Away". Again, Avon, I lothe you for taking such a beautiful fragrance from us. I think you made a HUGE mistake discontinuing Far Away Fantasy, and since this site doesn't have a category for "FAF" I have no choice but to leave my commentary here.

sarage
sarage

I don't like the idea of putting suntan lotion in a perfume bottle..I don't even buy suntan lotion which smells like a typical suntan lotion, which has heavy coconut note in it.
This perfume is heavy stuff, there is too much of everything.
An ideal tropical perfume for me is much more delicate, fruity and yes, fresh.
Nothing fresh in this one.
You have to love coconut in order to like this.

cherry samy
cherry samy

Got it and liked it but i think that the first far away is much better.

M.Golightly
M.Golightly

This is my second Avon perfume (my first is Haiku) and this is a keeper. The other reviews will tell you what it smells like and how long it will last.

What anyone should consider before purchasing a fragrance is:

-Must say something about you; Im not into the super sweet scents of strawberry simply because it isn't me.
- Must blend well with your body chemistry. That is the reason why you need to try it on your skin and not rely on how it smells like on paper. Fragrances have different effects depending who is wearing it.

I also live in the tropics so heat and humidity plays a 'significant' role when I pick a fragrance. Longevity is a MUST and this perfume goes upto 6-8hrs on my skin. Perhaps taking note my love for tropical fruits of mango and coconut. Personally I don't think it smells like a suntan lotion. What I get is no doubt mango opening, not too sweet. Mixed it all up with creamy coconut (milk) and add on some amber and woods makes anybody who wear this:

- Sexy
- Elegant
- Mysterious

and yes no doubt Exotic.

This fragrance evokes warmth and heat but not overbearing. A confident fragrance with a capsulated exotic romanticism...hahahaha. I think Im getting carried away now. For me this would have to be one of the secret perfumes that most don't know of. All year round fragrance but best worn during summer when the heat helps the notes bloom.

Merci xox

khyrull

another review, people who have bad relationship with vanilla, coconut will really hate this one, don't spray this too much.

khyrull

This is really yummy, creamy, coconut , delicious, soft, i really love it. i don't like many of Avon eau de toilette fragrances coz many of them smell almost the same and not lasting, but this one changed my long time impression. it is really good surprisingly because i don't like the first version of Far Away scent and this version Far Away Exotic is really nice.

And you should try City Rush for Her by Avon too, it's warm and elegant, and the cover girl is Milla Jovovich, international supermodel and actress.

Both Far Away Exotic and City Rush is in eau de parfume which is long lasting than eau de toilette.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

A pleasant and quite unpretentious take on the exotic theme, far from banality and very different from the often rhetorical renditions of this overcrowded genre: Far Away Exotic is definitely a nicely done fragrance with some originality to it (really it doesn’t smell alike anything I’ve tried so far), and though it was not love at first smell I can see myself reaching for it more and more, especially as sunny days are approaching..

Top notes left me a bit confused since first applications, and that’s probably due to the fact I am not familiar with mango smell (the only mangoes sold here are obviously imported and almost devoid of any fragrant qualities, probably lacking also the wonderful taste they surely have in the Countries where they are from.. their actual taste reminds me of pine tree, isn’t that strange?). Far Away Exotic opens in an extremely fruity way, a sugar-free but nonetheless mellow juiciness that’s tempered and made quite unusual by a peppery mandarin note, astringent and suave at the same time.. that’s exactly where I am reminded of an orange sunset in some eastern place, and I feel like the peachy color of the juice is a perfect match with the visual impressions evoked by the fragrance.

The initial fruity kick is soon tempered by a luscious creamy blend of coconut and something that, at first, seemed vaguely reminiscent of incense sticks.. I had to google “chai spice” to have an idea of what this note smelled like, and I also managed to prepare this typical Indian drink. For those who’d like to know, the experiment went pretty well and I was enthusiast to compare this fragrant tea’s smell with the mysterious note I couldn’t identify before.. basically, in its heart Far Away Exotic features a blend of spiced black tea and a milky, smooth note that’s surely due to coconut (well, honestly I was hoping for a more prominent and sultry coconut here, but I guess I am still far to find the perfect one). Delicate trails of sandalwood and amber enhance the warmth of the composition in the drydown, where the oriental nature of Far Away Exotic gets more evident.

As many already mentioned, sillage is quite good and longevity is more than satisfying (over 6 hours).. I confess I prefer to smell my wrists from a distance after spraying, I sometimes feel like the spicy mandarine orange is kind of overwhelming through the first minutes, and it can easily get annoying for someone who’s not so much into strong fruity fragrances.. I guess it’s one of those scents that smell delicious when you get a whiff from someone who’s just walked by, more than smelled directly from skin.

Probably I was expecting something more, but I nonetheless am a happy owner of this one. Only, I’d baptize a new olfactory family for Far Away Exotic: fruity oriental.

Ouch!
Ouch!

For me this one sounds much better on paper than it actually is. Spices? Saffron? Sandalwood...wow..this sounded really exotic and quite beautiful when I saw the notes. Maybe I got my hopes up a bit too much.

What this smells like to me is a more tropical version of Far Away Dreams (Which I love). It has very soft undertones, but the main notes are what you would a expect from a tropical themed fragrance. Pineapple & Creamy Coconut..these are the main features of Far Away Exotic. And to be honest..I’m waiting for someone to do a tropical themed fragrance that DOESN’T have either of these notes. They probably exist but I haven’t found them yet..

This is nowhere near as sweet as the original Far Away, and as I said..more along the lines of Far Away Dreams. A soft perfumey musk lies underneath (I hate using the word perfumey, but sometimes it just fits) and I don’t detect any spices at all, and not much “exotic-ness”

It’s fairly simple to my nose and...the flowers? Hmm...they seem to be very subdued..they’re hiding behind all the coconut.

It’s pleasant but I wouldn’t buy a full bottle.

ETA: I put this on at 8.00 this morning and it' now midday and it's still going strong. :)

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I enjoy the original Far Away, which is a strong vanilla sugar cookie with huge sillage and lasting power on my skin. My Avon lady loaned me a bottle of Far Away Exotic, so I tried some today.

Far Away Exotic starts like pineapple gone bad, with that dark boozy rottenness—fortunately, in about 2 minutes, it reverts to a very sweet pineapple scent. I think that is the mango, but my first reaction was to think pineapple. In the first half hour, that fruity scent gets extraordinarily sweet and is joined by a light amber note, along with some peppery spiciness—the notes listed are just “spices”, but I thought it was peppery, almost like cayenne pepper sprinkled on an exotic sweet-hot fruit dessert. By this point, I do think the fruity scent has changed to a more authentic mango, and the coconut has certainly arrived. I’m getting a vision of a South American vacation—hot sandy beaches and sweet colorful adult beverages.

This perfume reminds me very much of With Love by Hillary Duff—it is a nearly identical pairing of mango and spice. However, while With Love turned into a spicy-woody-barbecue scent on my skin, (more of a savory cooking scent) Far Away Exotic is staying more fruity sweet, although the spice is certainly there. Early on, the fragrance reminded me of Tomorrow by Avon—it had a similar sugary-fruit-salad-with-coconut scent; although, Tomorrow had more peachy fruitiness, vs the tropical vibe from Exotic. I think if you enjoy either With Love or Tomorrow, you will enjoy Far Away Exotic.
At about the 3 hour mark, the perfume has taken on a noticeably woody note. I think it is the sandal, combined with the coconut and spices. Still not as savory as With Love, it is getting a similar barbecue scent to my nose—like a fruity, smoky, spicy marinade.

Sillage is modest, and longevity more than 4 hours. By the end, I’m really not a fan though—too spicy, and way too much fruit. I really do not think this is an Oriental Floral; it is not very floral at all, but is predominantly tropical fruit and spice. Not a typical gourmand, either, it is a unique fragrance worth trying.

Juliana6
Juliana6

It opens as a fresh, sweet, juicy, delicious exotic fruit mixture. I don't really get the coconut note but I get mango and citruses. But just after 5 minutes it gives me warm embrace of cinnamon which is not listed. I think it's a nice everyday' s scent for spring/ summer, quite uplifting and comforting. The staying power is not outstanding but for the price it's ok.
Like it!

Di_berry
Di_berry

I was expecting this one to arrive!! And now that I have it, I´m really happy!!!
It´s BEAUTIFUL, love from first sniff!!
I get in the first ten minutes mainly tangerine juice and some tangy peel, mixed with some mature mango...
Later appears this spicy mix, sandalwood, and a delicious coconut cream.
Creamy, gourmand, great fragance!
Thanks to you fragantica reviewers!!! Totally recommended!

thalestv
thalestv

I love this perfume notes, are perfect, I could well identify the notes of coconut, tangerine, mango and spices from the East, I have a bottle of it since September last year. is long lasting and very delicious.
<3''

freddinos
freddinos

Not for me I'm afraid. Too sweet to the point of burning the back of your throat, too artificial, no freshness at all...I could barely smell any coconut, just a very synthetic mango note mixed with the smell of a multivitamin syrup my mum was giving me as a kid. Sorry Avon lovers, I was expecting so much more from the reviews and now I'm so dissapointed:( I guess I'm done with the 'Far Away' flankers, even though I might re-purchase other Avon summer stuff like Tahitian Holiday which was good

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

Oh my gawd, this is lovely! I live in the tropics so anything mangoes and coconuts are no longer "exotic" for me as they are so common where I live. But the recent fragrances I have acquired made me realize that I have a thing with coconuts ( I dunno what made me think that I hated them.) Anyway, I wanted to sniff something and so I bought this without even much thought. I just wanted to try something new. Well, surprise surprise---it smells so decadent like a mango-coconut dessert they serve in some island far way. I am not a fan of the classic Far Away or its other flankers but this one is worth trying.

I love. Vacation in a bottle.

andreas73
andreas73

Many people have prejudice against Avon fragrances, and I must admit I also had for quite a while. Far Away, the "mother" of this Exotic, was one of my strongest reasons for that. But time passed by and I had the chance to try some of the fragrances of this brand, and realized that its fame of making "embarrasing" perfumes was unfair. So, I decided to take a chance with Far Away Exotic for its promised notes of spices and tropical fruits.
Right after the spray, powerful notes of orange and coconut take the stage, which could make someone think that this scent will be too strong. But it soon settles down, and there comes the mango to bring some sweetness and gentleness to those vibrant notes. Right after that, the orange fades away and leaves the stage to the coconut, the mango and the spices that come in. The coconut note is not at all sweet or "edible" (which, in my opinion, would make this scent very sickening), and despite the fruits and the sweetness, I would definitely not tag this as a gourmand fragrance. The dry down is all about the coconut and the spices, and a good touch of sandalwood.
It is a warm and very comforting scent, which goes well either on summer, for its tropical features, or in wintertime, because of the spices and sweetness. I often see myself watching the setting sun over the Taj Mahal when I wear this...
I definitely think that this fragrance would perfectly fit in any famous designer collection, because of its high quality, originality and longevity.
One of my favorites.

One of my favorites.

i love this creamy coconut scent. my first time wearing this and it's wonderful. it's snowing and cold today and this is just so warm and comforting. i think this would be great for any season, day or night. the price is right and longevity and sillage are above average. what's not to like? a definite feel good perfume. 10/10 is my rating!

wendyyparty

A week ago, a friend of mine smelled this perfume from me and instantly asked what I was wearing. I could tell that she fell head-over-heels for it, especially when it costed only $10 a 50ml bottle. Trouble was... it's not available in our country, so she eagerly asked me to buy it for her who doesn't have an ebay account.

To be honest, I know there are plenty of Avon FA Exotic on ebay, I EVEN had carried a backup bottle in my purse THAT day. But all I did was nodding my head...and do nothing afterwards.

Me, a person who's known for being generous amongst friends.... now becoming a b*tch over one perfume.

I want THIS to be mine! And ONLY MINE!

--------

#Note to self: Never wear FA Exotic when going out with a woody friend, EVER!

dimplesg
dimplesg

This is lovely; rich, fruity and spicy. I can't smell the coconut when I wear this scent. I think it smells nothing like the original 'Far Away' which is good as I got so fed up smelling it back in the day; everyoe was wearing it. This is quite classy smelling.

Angeldelight900
Angeldelight900

First impressions, exotic and coconut and peach, oo love it, nice holiday fragrance

black_vanilla

I still don't like it cuz I hate coconut :D ..
But everyone else thinks that it's awesome so I think I'm gonna use it alot lol
maybe I dun like it cuz I'm racial against coconut ? :D

black_vanilla

First spritz...all I get is coconut...lots of coconut which I hate !
Will give it another try...such a shame cuz I bought it based on.reviews here !
Will give it another try..i'll wear it and see :)

babyboo
babyboo

i love love this perfume, but for daytime.

mondaniaux
mondaniaux

I've been wearing this for 3 days now. I've been looking for a scent that would represent myself and where I came from. When I saw the reviews and the notes, I told myself what can represent a woman of the islands like me better than mangoes and coconuts ? At first I wasn't impressed, the bottle looks really cheap. The top notes I found okay nothing special. Today when I put on the sweater I wore yesteday with far away exotic on it, it smelled beautiful ! Warm, spicy and sweet but not the same sweetness as in the opening, the dry down smells expensive, reminds me of burberry brit. Lasts on clothes, too. I was sitting beside a woman yesterday who told me I smelled nice, like caramel. I'm now thinking of buying another bottle or two... I think this is best for winter, I can't imagine wearing this on a hot day.

sally.west1
sally.west1

I used to wear the original Far Away in the 1980's when I was obsessed with florientals and could'nt afford Poison! I bought a bottle of this as it was on offer and was pleasantly surprised at this sultry, warm and womanly fragrance. Like an exotic cocktail for the senses - a very pleasant surprise!

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Mostly Avon makes scents that are "just another Avon perfume " type thing. This one is worth commenting on though. It does have a great exotic scent to it for the usual Avon reasonable price. It's fruity with a little spice but not too much. You might want to check this out if you run across an Avon lady or store. As with all Avon, less expensive doesn't mean use more of it. Even the most gentle scents can get overwhelming if you over apply. A light touch up now and then is better than hosing yourself down to make it last all day.

ialwayssmellgood

I fell in love with this frag after the first spritz!! I know its for the summer, but Im rocking it NOW! It was a blind buy that I am very happy about. This will be my 2nd far away purchase. I wonder what the original smells like...

ialwayssmellgood

I just bought this today and I hope it is as great as everyone says it is!
Update: IT IS!! One of my fave Avon perfumes so far!

Mochagirl

I don't agree with this "being the mature and grown-up version of Miami Glow". It is waaayyy too sweet to be a really grown-up scent. It appeals to so many people exactly because its sweetness - even teenagers. Miami Glow succeeds in being yummy without being too sweet and cloying. Too bad, because I still like it - tea, mango, tangerine, coconut milk and rose in one fragrance -, and I get a lot of compliments when I wear this. But on most days it's just too much. Maybe if really cold winter comes...

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

Wow, this wasn't what I was expecting! On me I would describe this as an oriental floral,and not very tropical. It reminds me of a softer more powdery version of LouLou by Cacharel. It is quite a deep,rich scent and I could only smell the mango when it first went on,now I get the rose,musk,jasmine,sandalwood and patchouli. For a blind buy on ebay which only cost me around £5, I definitely got a bargain-it doesn't smell cheap at all.

smellME
smellME

Blindswap gone fantastic !
I have never had any avon, so this was a nice surprize !
First I thought it resembled With love, but its due to the mango in the top note.
The pepper note makes this exciting and special cause I love both notes...
The coconut is new to me and is really smooth and sweet !
The rose and jasmin thickens the heart .
Venezia pastello and Priscilla Presley comes to my mind while wearing it
Drydown is a sweetened musk , orange ( ? ) and vanilla, to me....
Thanks for a lovely swap 700poodles !

beadles
beadles

This was a blind buy. Was looking forward to it seeing as everyone seemed to love it but I was disappointed was too spicy and had like a sharp smell :(

wendyyparty

Loveliest fruitty scent EVER! Never discontinue this or I'll start the protest myself LOL

sajeedahbee
sajeedahbee

I am currently on my third bottle and I am still totally in love with this perfume. It stays on all day long and I am always being complimented on it. I hesitated at first on the jasmine note, which I seriously hate,and it is actually non present in the perfume( according to me). However the spices note are very intensive and I believe that is the perfume's top note. Far Away Exotic is ideal for me... ideal for my tropical climate! :)

Voopie

This one is so good :) last and last... great buy.

karolla28
karolla28

I like first Far Away, I felt in lve with classic, thats why I'm Avon's representative from 1999. Exotic and first scent Far Away are my best in Avon's scent collection. Far Away Paradise and Dreams aren't so intressting.

lisaivette
lisaivette

Blind buy based on the coconut( my favorite scent). Very pleased with this one.I like to layer it with coconut scented bath and body products to kick it up a notch. The best of the Far Away scents.

gazelle
gazelle

I can't believe I can still discern flowers, spices, sandalwood, and patchouli FOUR hours after I first applied. Not bad at all for $15. I don't get this much longevity from (gasp) Poison, Opium, even Angel! How can this be? What combination of notes listed and those unlisted could bring about this exotic bouquet of autumn fruits and flowers? My sinusis are suffering from allergies but the lovely Middle Eastern artwork on box prepared me.
I could smell a burst of mango, coconut and spices in the opening. Following was a blending of rose and jasmine: then came patchouli, sandalwood, and musk. I was so afraid the amber might pose a negative since amber in some note combinations does not agree with my chemistry.
I honestly feel I have taken a stroll through the Alhambra gardens in Spain. All I need is to find a bench near a water fountain to listen to a concert of tinkling water music.
My perfumes often open the door to journeyings. I'm an armchair tourist. Perfume is often my ticket. Far Away Exotic and I will travel much, this first bottle. Besos to Avon

marydoan90
marydoan90

Leaves are browning and crunching, and I'm cozied up on the porch sipping a hot spiced chai latte next to my dogs with a good book. Freshly baked coconut-filled macaroons are cooling down in the kitchen, and I catch whiffs of it because I'm sitting near the window. I hear Christmas music in the background, even though Christmas isn't for a couple of months.

Sadly, I don't have the time to actually make this scene a reality, but one spray of Far Away Exotic and I catch a flash of this moment :)

Namida
Namida

Far Away exotic is the typical suntan lotion perfume: sweet (synthetic) tropical fruits with a musk base. Not my thing at all, but I know many people who like to wear perfumes that recall suntan products, so I recommend this one if you want to remember days spent at the beach.

MMC

Eu estou impressionada com FAR AWAY EXOTIC,parece melhor a cada vez que coloco,na minha pele tem um fixação incrivel,avon tem melhorado muito, as pessoas perguntam que cheiro é esse, quando falo que é avon ,ficam surpresas.Tenho medo que seja descontinuado como TRESSELLE que eu tanto gostava.

This one is sooo gorgeous too! I used it during my holiday and it is sooo wonderful!

RonaRona93
RonaRona93

Composed with the sweetest mango , enriched with coconut milk and musk , decorated with dust of spices that fade away slowly ...
What else should I want ?
This exotic dream took me to the shores and im watching the sunset while im laying in the sand .. ooohh my lovely perfume , you made me write for u !

hippongo

UPDATE: In my skin this really smells like incense nag champa. I love it!

Sillage: Really good
Longevity: Around +6h

caseyu
caseyu

this smells nothing like Venezia, but there is a resemblance, i suppose. that said, wow...what a blast of chai, and then something a little nauseating and i think it is the mandarin/peach paired with patchouli/sandlawood, for some reason it stikes me in a weird way. anyway, the little nasty thing goes away fairly quickly and it settles down and behaves like any coconut sandalwood frag will do. (think Bronze Goddess, even though this smells nothing like the QUEEN herself of summer fragrance). this can be for either summer (IMO) or cooler months. love the coconut in this one. i think it's the citrus infusion that causes my shagrin. bottle is chinsey...but all in all an alright little frag.

Tsukinohime
Tsukinohime

I'm in no way an Avon devotee, but to all perfume snobs out there who think all Avon fragrances are cheap and fleeting: IN YOUR FACE!!! It's a complex blend that evolves beautifully on my skin, and for what it costs, the longevity is AMAZING. I put it on my wrists at about 8pm and I still smell it at 8 the next morning. Classy scent in many ways imaginable. Definitely one of Avon's better fragrances...

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

Absolutely love it. I'm sure it's actually Far Away Dreams in new packaging, if not then they're incredibly similar. Great lasting power and an absolute dream, I keep sniffing my wrists and it makes me feel like I'm whisked off to somewhere warm, tropical, relaxing and wonderful. All for just £8. Amazing.

mendosita
mendosita

It is my recent blind buy, it was very inexpensive. It's nice, summery scent, nothing special or original, but really pleasant smell of coconut with a hint of amber and vanilla. It makes me think of sun, beach and palm trees, so I guess it was good purchase :)

floricica
floricica

I bought this one thinking it would smell something like Far Away Dreams, where both the lasting power and the smell were far better. Nevertheless, on me it lasts for about 4 hours , staying very close to the skin. If you liked the Original Dove body products, you will olso enjoy this frag.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

This actually smells really good and I'm surprised about that because I'm not a fan of any of the other far away scents.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

I don't find that this smells very similar to Miami Glow, especially not the mango notes. It might be considered it's more mature cousin. This is very nice though, I can definitely smell spiced chai and mango. My only wish is that I could smell more coconut and a lot less mango on my skin.

octobersun
octobersun

Very nice and tropical fragrance. I would like to have it during autmn and winter, it will bi great for mood lifting :)

inchukalns
inchukalns

My work colleague was wearing it once and I loved the smell. After she has told that it is also cheap and long lasting perfume I ordered it immidiately.

Once you've smelled it you feel you are on holiday on a nice and sunny beach sipping pina colada. Sweet and coconutty smel.. paradise!

It lasts all day so I wear it at work and once I get tired I smell my wrist and it lifts my mood to the ceiling. A great value for money.

arg1971
arg1971

I Really like this one. I have the Faraway Paradise and that smells good to. I wonder how long this one will be around before it is discontinued.

khonehsabz
khonehsabz

یکی از بهترینها برای خانمهای جوان

vonwinklestine

I finally got my bottle of far away exotic today in the post. As i sprayed it on, i smelt what i really wasn't expecting. I like it, but it's so different to what i thought it was going to be like.

It really does smell like pina colada actually, very sweet, but not sickly. definitely has a chai tea element to it. Very unlike the original in my opinion, To me it is quite exotic smelling, but not beachy which i was expecting.

I can also smell orange which gives it a spiced orange christmasy feel. I think this is something i would rather wear in winter than summer.

Overall, i'm liking this scent, not loving it, but still definitely like it.

Who knows though, i frequently will fall in love with a perfume i only originally just liked.

**Edit** I'm starting to like this more. I smell of an orange spiced gingerbread man yummy!

rivet6
rivet6

I love it. The first spray is orange and flowers as it dries down I smell like an incent with spices in it.Reminds me of Far Away Fantasy from year 2000.That was my favorite.This is the closest to it on my skin.Watch it will be discontinued like the other good ones.

irin_ka
irin_ka

The most edible smell I ever got from the perfume. I'd say Pina Colada. Coconut is the most noticeable

byerscashmere
byerscashmere

Faraway Exotic......(This one is a keeper) it smells Sooo good and the scent stays on your cloths the very next day. Noticed the smell of this exotic perfume lingering on my blouse as i was throwing it in the wash. Great longevity........ It's a soft spicy & sweet, with a touch of exotic fruits .....very exciting scent and and has a quite down scent with sweet coconut with vanilla and soft light exotic flowers to me this is what i smell....And it's so Amazing....It is a wonderful scent by Avon, I hope they never discontinue this wonderful exotic scent.

CheyenneaRae
CheyenneaRae

I am going to purchase this in one week and I think it is going to smell delicious! I use to wear the original Far away all the time and it is amazing...I am a big fan of all the Far away's, they put such good ingredients in them.

sammyjo
sammyjo

Like Vonwinklstine, patchouli doesn't work with my skin either... but seeing that it's not a main note I felt OK blind buying a brand new bottle of Exotic for $10 on ebay last night. The other notes seem great, as do the reviews below. Will update soon...

Edit: I'm very impressed with this scent, and I'm not getting any patchouli at all, thank goodness! At first spray I get orange and mango, then as Exotic dries down the coconut emerges, followed by sandalwood and amber. But what makes this fragrance special for me is the sultry, warm spicy undertone that's present throughout the composition. It prevents Exotic from smelling "beachy" and also makes it appropriate for cold weather wear. For summer, this fragrance is a great alternative if you don't want to smell like fruit salad or suntan lotion.

Lasting power is amazing, and the price is right. I was hesitant to purchase because I disliked the original Far Away, but Exotic smells nothing like it. Will purchase a backup bottle because Avon discontinues perfumes too quickly!

vonwinklestine

I want to try this, but i am concerned about the patchouli. I can't stand the stuff, although i have owned a few perfumes with it that i did like, such as black xs.

Rice-Kitten
Rice-Kitten

If Avon ever discontinues this beautiful perfume I will actually cry.

MMC

Cheiro muito confortavél e exelente fixação,preço muito bom.Lembra Miami glow.Bem melhor que far away que é muito enjoado.Nota de coco é a que mais se destaca na minha pele,amei.
Que perfume surpreendente,muito bom e tomara que não seja interrompido.A abertura é muito parecido ao Miami Glow,mas só no começo.Recomendo muito.Delicioso.

caitrun
caitrun

A coconut macaroon with a chai tea latte. Lovely smell!! The chai is more noticable to me than the coconut.

*edit* This perfume has blown my mind!! The lasting power is amazingly good, and the scent is intoxicating!

Folks this smells nothing like JLO Miami Glow!! This is rich and spicy, while JLO is very boozy with no spice. If you love JLO this one is not a replacement for it, just a heads up!

StarMagix
StarMagix

I do like this one best of all the Far Away versions from Avon. It has a very warm and inviting aroma that stays with me for a while, although Avon scents never seem to last very long anymore. IMO I can smell it on my clothes but on me it goes rather quickly. I love the spice in it and the jasmine comes out strong as well. This is one that I will keep and wear.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

Like norgirl said it smells exaclly like pinãcolada!! Very exotic for sure,altough I wouldn´t buy because I don´t want avon,oriflame or Yves Rocher Perfumes,I don´t know why,but I really don´t care for this perfumes!! but who does should give it a try it´s really amazi:)

This perfume is actually TOTALLY perfect!! It is like a summer shawl, like a true tropical breeze, it stays with you all the time but is not the typical dominant perfume. One thing I love very much about this one, is that the wearer keeps smelling it too! I would say coconut is the most dominant to my nose, but not a single note perfume though...complex for a sensual tropical breeze... a perfume to really fall in love with and getting others to fall in love with you as well!!

Norgirl
Norgirl

Mmmm this smells just lika Pina Colada on my skin , a bt more fruity , but nevertheless .Pina Colada.
Very sweet whit a hint off spicyness , warm Oranges and mango are the first things to appear . then The whole coconut takes ower . very nice. but not shure i can pull it off in large doses . just testing on my skin :)

Scarlette
Scarlette

Far Away classic is MUCH better! This is a watery, soft, light tropical scent. Has a watery-minty top note that I find cheap and generic.

Go for the powdery, warm, fruity, long lasting original.
This one is just 'okay' on my skin.

My hubby really likes it....

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

I just got this 2day!
Defo:summer nights 2 be worn
U ll need just 2 squirts
So different from the original resembles J-lo s perfumes! Or the first sniff of Angel,that spicyness!
1 thing is 4 sure my man is going to strangulate me for this,its the 3rd perfume I get in 2 weeks eeeeek

pauluch3
pauluch3

The aura of India

Far Away Exotic is pleasantly spicy with mango being the dominating accord within the composition. I like the drydown, since it's really soft and milky. It's has a sort of mysterious and dreamy atmosphere to it. The coconut gives it the good amount of sweetness. It's not the coconut you find in suntan lotions, but soft and creamy. I also sense some musk mixed with sandalwood, and amber, but in perfect harmony. They do not overpower each other, since the risk was there, as all the notes can be very intensive. Fortunately, it's a balanced mixture. Really nice, although I still detect the original Far Away underneath, which is not an advantage in this case. That's why I think I won't be buying it though. But, I can change my mind since it's a lovely oriental scent for fall and winter.

***

Wonderful!
I love this one. Really very oriental and exotic for me. In my skin smells like "masala chai" (chai tea) or stick incense "nag champa". Since the first notes I detect spices, amber, vanilla and sandalwood.
Predominant notes: spices, coconut milk, amber, vanilla and sandalwood.
The packing is beautiful decorated with indian arabesques.
For me the better flaker of Far Away.
I hope this will be not discontinued as the others Far Away flankers have been.

emi
emi

I get a lot of orange and mango here, little bit of coconut and a lot of vanilla. It's sweet and cheerful, not exactly my type. It resembles a lot Amarige Mariage, it's just less serious.

A very summery, tropical scent. I can smell equal parts mango and coconut, and I detect some amber and musk at the base. This smells sweet and edible but not syrupy, almost like a fruity drink.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I'm really pleased with this !!

After my last disaster "Blind buy " of an Avon scent ( Today Tomorrow Always Diamond ) i vowed never to buy an other without testing. I probably would have missed out on "Exotic" , if it hadn't of been for the sample i got in with the yukky "TTA -Diamonds". I was very impressed and couldn't order a FB quick enough!

I wont describe the notes as that's already been done superbly by others . All I can say is this is a gorgeous perfume and worth every penny and more ! Avon have done a stellar job with this one . Its a horrible wet day today , but smelling this takes me off to "Exotic " summer shores , so the name suits it well.

Fruity , coco-nutty and fresh , and softly spiced without been cloying or sickly. Its a very uplifting "happy" carefree scent. Id describe it as a "soft oriental with fruit hints" , and i think it could be suited to autumnal weather. Id be happy to wear it all seasons its that good! Ive had some nice comments from people "you smell good" ect.

I will be using this in heavy rotation throughout the spring/summer months . I will have to stash a bottle for winter too , to beat the winter blues and give me a happy "Summer" feeling

It also has a superb sillage and lasting power , for an Avon scent. When i find Avon i like I'm usually disappointed with the staying power , but no such problems with FA Exotic. Its a shame they haven't got some matching body products .

Cheap and cheerful and a great feel good /pick me up scent ! Buy it now before its discontinued. I'm halfway through the 1st bottle and have already ordered 2 back ups :)

PS - I'm still lumbered with the "Today Tomorrow Always -Diamonds" . If anyone is a fan its up for swap !

UPDATE = I still cant get over what a good quality scent this is. In the past week i have used 3 diff scents ( this one , Miss Sixty Rock Muse and Fiore Del Dragone ) . Today Ive worn the FDD , i resprayed FDD 1hr ago on my coat and skin , but can only smell it on skin....what i CAN smell loud and clear coming off my coat is Avon Far Away Exotic!! So , the scent has lasted 3 days on my coat and is outshining anything else sprayed over the top !! Amazing longevity and a beautiful summer scent. Top marks for Avon !!

Voopie

I like this one, got I yesterday :D It lasting power is amazing for begin a Avon perfyme. It's smells super tropical with a hint of chai tea on me. Good for office work but will be fantasic once I go on vacation :D

moynah
moynah

So devoted to my 'first born' ...The stunning Original Far Away, it would take a miracle to have any version of Far Away to beat it and steal orginals crown, This, as expected does not, however, it does have a good thumbs up. My summary is that on first spray, if smells like someone has dipped your head in fresh peach juice, the opening is very very peachy/mango.. maybe a little too OOMMPH and slightly NASTY, CHEAP acidic. Leaving you thinking, omg Im gonna have to wash this off... its very potent at first. But as the drydown starts, the powdery trademark of Far Away, starts to develop... leaving the fruit in the background. I did not experience the "omg thats simply amazing" as I did when tested the original, so if you are an original devotee, this might be a disappointment After owning all the far away range, I would say this is the result, starting with best:

1. Far away Original (Amazing - buy it)
2. Far away Paradise (gorgeous - worth a buy)
3 Far Away Fantasy (Nice, but just 'nice')
4. Far away Dreams (lighter, fresher)
5. Far Away Sensual (A bad risk purchase)

If someone offered me a quarter bottle of original for a full bottle of 2,3,4,or 5 Id take the deal!!

Obloblob
Obloblob

This scent, to my nose, smells very strongly of coconut milk. It's soft, powdery and gentle. Definitely not overbearing or sharp in anyway.
I can smell the tea in this but only slightly and my mum and boyfriend can't smell it at all.
There is something sweet about this scent and I can smell slight mango there. However, as mentioned earlier, the main scent here is definitely coconut milk for me.
I don't find this exotic at all, personally. Oriental but not exotic. There isn't the exotic fruitiness there that the notes might suggest, but the coconut definitley makes it a nice soft scent for the warmer months :)

guestangel
guestangel

I'm a great lover of the original Far Away so had to try this one .... and so glad I did, because it has a distinct echo of the wonderful Casbah!! I'm sure others will remember this fabulous Avon scent from the 90s, in the lovely deep blue bottle. Gosh it was amazing, I was heartbroken when they discontinued it. I've always hoped it would come back in some form, and I think they've paid a little tribute to it with the 'exotic' part of this new Far Away. It doesn't have the extraordinary intensity and heaviness of the original Casbah, just a whisper of it really, but enough to make this girl very happy indeed.

tytynka
tytynka

Envy you guys, who can smell so many different notes in this one. Have tested it today. Liked the flowery hert notes, but now, after a few hours all that remained is sandalwood. Nice, warm, not overwhelming, yet purely oriental, not exotic as the name suggests.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Very pretty. Coconut is prominent, but not "dominating". That mixes very prettily with the Jasmine note. I agree with Mochagirl in that it has a chai tea aspect, but if you are in to the chai spiciness, it is a muted form of that... more on the side of the tea than the chai. The Jasmine almost smells like Gardenia... or just that white tropical flower thickness. Not off putting... well done actually. Dry down is showing me a milky, creamy coconut riding on top of that Gardenia/Jasmine flower base. The tea is fleeting... in and out and gone... then back....but you have to concentrate to pull it out of the tropical scent. Almost a dry tobacco leaf smell rather than tea.

It feels close to the skin, and I'm assuming I'd have to douse myself and my clothes to get longevity.

suile also describes it well. For the price, I'm tempted to buy a 2nd one, as I think that I'd over-use this to get sillage and longevity out of it.

Nicely done. And belongs as a part of the Avon "Far Away" family of scents.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Like this one. It reminds me of Rihannas Reb'l Fleur. I can surely detect the coconut, which is elegant and sexy, and not a cheap synthetic kinda coconut.

Unfortunately it doesn't last long on my skin. But the scent, the cute bottle and the price makes it all worth it :)

dixie.von g
dixie.von g

...oriental in his own shoes...it could be nick-named: oriental representative-perfume!!!...all the notes are high screaming oriental....it's wonderfull for persons with big personality!!!

mjhowers
mjhowers

I love anything that has Rose in and and do have the original Far Away too. This one is a winner for me! Can't wait for the shower gel & body lotion to arrive to layer it for longer wearing.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

A nice new offering from Avon! I`m going to start off saying that I tend to ignore Avon perfumes but I do like the original Far Away although find it a bit too mature to my taste (in a good way).

Far Away Exotic might be appealing to a younger audience or to anyone who would like to see Far Away venturing to faraway shores and have some fun.

Very tropical fruity, beachy. I do get the mango-mandarin top notes, in fact my nose picks up mango as one of the main notes. I can also recognize the well-known original FA base emerging later on, amber-sandalwood-coconut.

Very smooth, pretty, sophisticated fragrance, nothing sharp or screechy here, harmonises perfectly with the silky texture of the usual FA frosted glass and with the glowing, sunset-like color of the juice inside.
Great longevity and sillage is Ok but not overpowering.

I highly recommend this perfume - a steal for the price.

Patricia888
Patricia888

It reminds me of Avon Ungaro Fever and Herve Leger Intrigue in it`s character. It`s very enjoyable.

suile
suile

Love this one. Very mild coconut milk, slightly spicey, amberish florals, gentle fruitiness. Don't get any specific mango/mandarin notes. It IS exotic, the name suits it but not overbearing. Have been wearing it for a few hours now and it's lingering around nicely.

I can tell it is a cousin of Far Away, but lacks the powdery note and intensity.

Mochagirl

I'm really surprised how much I LOVE this one, sincs I cannot stand the original Far Away. The brochure lists "chai tea" instead of the "spices" that are included here, and it really smells like tea. A spicy, fruity kind of tea with some coconut milk, flowers and the base notes listed here. Delicious. It has many notes similar to Miami Glow by JLo (which I really like), but this is definitely sweeter, less soapy and grapefruit-like. Much more tea-like. It was love at first sniff, which I cannot state about M.Glow. The scent is really long-lasting but not overwhelming. I hope it will be one of my favourite ones for a long time.

Far Away Exotic by Avon 3.79 out of 5 based on 400 ratings and 116 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Far Away Exotic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Far Away Exotic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Far Away Exotic by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Far Away Exotic by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.