Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Goddess Avon for women
dislike

soapy
Goddess Avon for women Pictures Goddess Avon for women Pictures

Goddess by Avon is a Floral fragrance for women. Goddess was launched in 2004. The fragrance features musk, freesia and lily-of-the-valley.

Musk Freesia Lily-of-the-Valley

Muguet En Fleurs

Goddess Fragrance Reviews

galaxy86
galaxy86

A nice combination of few florals. On my skin it is freesia and lily of valley well blended with musk. It is beautiful and comforting. Last surprisingly longer than many expensive perfumes. A good perfume for people trying to be minimalist when it comes to notes in perfumes.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

This is a nice sweet, soft, floral fragrance perfect for the summer months. Too light of a scent to wear in fall or winter. Lily of the valley and musk are two of my favorite smells in a summer fragrance. And these are the exact notes I detect on my skin when I wear Avon's Goddess. One of the main accords mentioned above is "spicy" but there is nothing spicy in this perfume at all. Just a nice green lily of the valley, with freesia and a soft musky dry down.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I found this at a swap meet for a steal. Judging by the bottle, I was expecting a warm, complex citrus. It really is a simple muguet, I can live with it.

Update: I sprayed this on strongly for the first time while in the kitchen and ran out of the house thinking there was a gas leak. I couldn't believe it. It tones down later. What the hell did they put in this stuff? Jasmine can have a gasoline smell, but it's not listed.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I come across a lot of Avon fragrances in my travels, some donated, some loaned and some purchased. I love the Avon vintages, some of them stand at the top of my list. A few of their newer entries I've loved, too. And then I was loaned Goddess. I'll try to be diplomatic.
This fragrance has a bare hint of musk. with only three notes to speak of, at least one spoke to me. Very quietly. I think it was outspoken by the synthetic noise of the other two notes bellowing at it. It never had a chance to be free and come out.
Quite frankly, I don't know who the Goddess is that might wear this concoction. It's just too much of a chemical mess. For those who do wear this well, please forgive me. I mean no insult to you. I really believe Avon threw together some ingredients, slapped a name on a bottle and marketed it quickly.
Lasts for a few hours and radiates well. Bottle is nicely shaped with a crackly type finish.

theaterninja
theaterninja

This fragrance is so irritating to me that when I smell it, it feels like a case of bad heartburn.

mhubbard
mhubbard

Complete waste of money, smells mostly of water even in the bottle. perhaps fine for a 10 year old girl's first fragrance. I can think of no other use.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I agree, Lizlady68!

Actually, to my nose this is also a good deal like Jasmine by Love's Soft ( not the Jasmine musk, but the newer, fresh Jasmine recently sold at Walmart ).

Goddess Really surprises me with the combination of fresh flowers and powdery musk. She IS a little like some floral laundry detergent or Downy, but she still has such charm on the right skin...

Well done, Avon!

fishmerised
fishmerised

I won this in a raffle only last year, I had never heard of it -someone must have had it tucked away in their bottom draw and donated it.

I liked it but it didn't wear well on me so I gave it to my mum. It smells lovely on her and she has practically used up the bottle.

I am surprised to read the notes, to me it smells like a beachy fragrance, very soft and sunny with tropical flowers.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Light, clean, feminine & soft scent. Perfect for casual ware; wears close to the skin. Don't last long though, but as Aloha34 wrote, you can layer it since there's the body wash & lotion...will definitely lasts longer.

lizlady68
lizlady68

Agree, it is a simple scent but it works with my chemistry and lasts all day.. the light musky drydown mixes so well with the lily of the valley on me, too bad it is discontinued, got a couple bottle ahead from ebay. Reminds me a bit of Coty Muguet du bois but adds the musk. Love this!

vuvubaribe
vuvubaribe

i loved this when i was younger i wonder how i would like it now.

i love this. the lily of the valley and musk are very nice together. the freesia is very light and blends in nicely. its not an expensive scent, but a lovely one. great for day wear. lasting time just shy of 2 hrs on me. 7 out of 10.

medusaeyes
medusaeyes

Intense Powder...similar to a powder scented deodorant

judee
judee

at first sniff this smells like a cheap wc air fresher... after it calms down, I can also detect some pear lingering around, although it is not listed above in the notes, which is quite nice, but for my complex soul just too simple ;-)))

So, what I do is next:... I take Lyrical (yes it is called lyrical here too), spray it as a base for another Avon fragrance ..far away, which is also strong and on my bad days I could call it a stinker... so when I spray Far Away over Lyrical this smells really unique, yummy and sexy.. it is just the right amount of everything .. Lyrical doesn't get too plain while Far Away doesn't develop a headache-causing cloying state. Ah, yes this combo is wonderful!

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

I own the body spray and I'm not sure how it compares to the perfume, but I have pleasant memories of wearing it in Japan (it was the only fragrance I took with me in my luggage and I wore it everyday since it was light and fresh). Shame it's discontinued, though. I found it worked well with my body chemistry.

orchidlover
orchidlover

I also love it! Pity that Avon discontinue the great perfumes (and the cheap smelling ones are available for many years). There's no justice.
It was called Lyrical here too.
I know that isn't listed but I smell a great,dominant peach smell in it.
I dislike the pure lily-of-the valley,linear scents, but this is so special for me.
I wear it in hot summer days, it cools me down like a shower and the nice aroma is around me for hours.
Unfortunately I'm too close to finish my bottle. :(
Is there still available at any other part of the world? I'm just curious.

I used to have a friend that loved wearing this one very much! She always said, it it not an expensive perfume, but I love it sooo much!
I LOVE THAT! That she chose to love what she wanted and not to be dictated by no-one!
I would love to have this one too! I never had it, but she did really smell great always!

jedikitty
jedikitty

I like it. A lot. There, I said it.

I go through scent phases - one month Dior, another month l'Eau d'Issey, etc., and most of the time I'm happy going "naked" - no scents at all. Goddess was one of those impulse buys for me, after I smelled it on a girl at the checkout counter of the local store. I felt weird asking her what was she wearing, after all, it is kind of personal but she was very happy to tell me :) I got a bottle of Goddess on eBay a year ago and been enjoying it since. It is a light, breezy and feminine scent that can top a dressy outfit, or a jeans-and-tee. The lasting power could use some improvement.
I get complimented by both sexes when I wear Goddess so, why stop?

guest_zanamor
guest_zanamor

a great feminine scent.

trish
trish

sometimes i liked it but mostly don't. I think its a fair choice but not for me. I feel i will have an allergy after sometime of smelling it. Perfumes smell is really different in different peoples,if i remember it right,(correct me if i am wrong)i think one of my chem teacher said perfumes smells is according to body our temperature and our being acidic. The more acidic you are the more the scent will vanishes easily and sometimes it's giving off an odd smell.

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

I bought this, b/c I tested it a couple of years ago and thought it smeeled like "Dreaming" from Tommy Hilfiger, but a weaker version. Anyway, I was wrong..this is terrible. Some of the ppl on MakeupAlley actually compared it to cat pee. Unfortunately, they weren't too far off. back on Ebay.

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

This is a unique scent from Avon. I hope they never discontinue this scent. Freesia et al... really nice

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

funny ...this perfume in my country is called lyrical :) ...same bottle and i think the smell is the same

Vivi
Vivi

I tried this in the body powder. I like it except for the powdery scent. I'm not sure what it is from, but probably the musk. I usually like a little bit of musk, but not powdery. Lily of the valley & freesia are a couple of my favorite florals so I expected to like this better.

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Wish I had detected the lily of the valley in this scent as I love LOTV.

Named "Lyrical" here in UK but now discontinued, I found this too citrus/floral. It reminded me of old ladies, lace-edged collars on jumpers, pull along shopping trolleys and crochet doilies on old walnut dressing tables. Euw...

midnight
midnight

i like this one, it's floral, very delicate and romantic -perfect for a day time, but in my country it's called different-,,Lyrical"-i wonder why:D

Stacey923

The more I wear it the more I love it. This has quickly become my favorite fragrance. I find that all my other fragrances do not smell as good as they used to. Goddess is what I wear most of the time now.

Aloha34
Aloha34

i live goddess perfume, it is so airy and sexy ( yet sophisticated) i think women of all ages could wear it. It`s not too strong, and that is what i love about it. To make it last longer it is better to layer it. The body cover lotion enhances the set. The sparkling shimmer powder is nice also. I sell avon ,and i do notice that some of the perfumes do fade after awhile. Goddess is probably medium strength. I TRULY LOVE IT!

Stacey923

It doesn't last very long,but I do love it! Love it sooo much I bought 6 bottles!

i hate this perfume it smells like an old lady perfume i love soft florals and fruit perfume this scent had neither 0 stars

Stacey923

Light,soft. Like walking through a garden on a dewy Spring morning. Feminine.

dolita
dolita

i think that one must be named (headache) as everytime i smell it i feel headache i never hated any perfume as that one

christabella
christabella

It's light and sophisticated, smells like lily of the valley, problem is, it doesn't last long at all. I put it on before going out, and by the time I'm out the door, it's gone. I know EDT's that last longer than this EDP....
It's a beautiful scent, now if only it'd last for more than 5 minutes...

Goddess by Avon 3.48 out of 5 based on 133 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Goddess fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Goddess, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Goddess by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Goddess by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.