Designers » A » Floral Green « Groups

Haiku Avon for women

Haiku Avon for women
dislike

Haiku will revive all your senses, with its sparkling notes of Japanese citruses, pomegranate, lily, lily of the valley, sweet and pure jasmine, warm, milky sandalwood, musk and vanilla. It was presented in 2000 and belongs to floral-green compositions.

Sandalwood Lily Pomegranate Musk Vanilla Jasmine Japanese Citruses Lily-of-the-Valley

Shi

Haiku Fragrance Reviews

bonnie52
bonnie52

I see people saying this smells like EA green Tea. Haiku is way better! The sillage and longevity are far superior. Lily of the valley is the prominent note on me. Very fresh and uplifting; a smile in a bottle!

alyunie
alyunie

Smells like Raid floral scent bug spray..very chemically with a burst of water flower.

cyanne
cyanne

Haiku and Green Tea are indeed very similar and I have worn them together for an extra boost of staying power. Both are light enough to layer even in sweltering weather. Haiku is a clean, delicate, timeless scent for the young and forever young at heart.

rye
rye

I have reviewed this before somewhere - it's one of the few Avon scents that's been around for a long time. It's a cold, wet, green floral scent. If you live in the Pacific Northwest or Great Britain it just might make you shiver! However, in a dry, hot climate it will cool you off and refresh.

francisrose
francisrose

Oh my goodness! This fragrance is beautiful. A lovely white floral with a little citrus thrown in for depth. To me, the queen of Lily of the Valley fragrances was Muguet des Bois by Coty with it's linear straightforward Lily, but I must say this is a very close second. One thing I absolutely love about Avon fragrances is that they always have the companion deodorant, powder, and body cream with their signature favorites. This is still the best way to make fragrance last all day. For summer I cannot imagine a better choice than this delicious floral. I think if you try it, you will be pleasantly surprised!

heather62
heather62

I love Haiku. Really hoping that my best friend gets me some for my birthday because I never like to be without it and just ran out.

There was a lady in my office that smelled unbelievably good. She was wearing Haiku. So I had to try it myself. I usually order more than 1 at a time (a lot of 2) on Ebay and get a great price.

This reminds me a little of White Citrus from BBW but it is a more feminine, complex smell. More floral. But very clean. Really lovely.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

Wearing tonight after my shower and I believe it is almost the perfect white floral and green floral. Not too sweet, nor sharp; it is first white then green. Wonderfully both. It is fresh, clean and beautiful as can be. I am feeling springy and it is a perfect crisp, clean spring/summer scent. Spring is blooming and this is fresh, lovely perfection. Haiku is a great mood scent for warm months and smells much better to me than many high end fumes I have sampled lately in my hunt for the perfect white floral for the hot months. It is a very "cool" scent. Haiku is not *the* perfect one but I love it. So far, I've found no white/green florals to top it after smelling many. That is a bold statement for me. Something always too sharp, pointed, acrid, wilty, sweet, etc with the white florals and me, but I don't get that with Avon's Haiku. It is masterfully balanced.

When Avon falls they crash hard, but when Avon rocks, they ROCK hard. They've cranked a few out that are head-bangin' metal style yummy, sexy good. (I would not consider Haiku particularly sexy; more of a just-showered exhilarating scent.) I can dig on some Avon, Sisters. No shame to my game about the name. They have been around a long time for a good reason.

*does the cabbage patch and chants*
Go Avon/Go Avon
Luv Haiku, Luv Haiku
DigThePricetag/DigThePricetag
Do it Avon/Do it Avon
Uh-huh/Uh-huh-huh

jreyes366
jreyes366

Avon's Haiku is a fragrance that is for the light hearted and happy go lucky types. This scent isn't complex or brooding, abnoxious or cloying. It's fresh as daisies, unapologetic pep, and lovely asian citrus. I can definitely see where people say this could be a unisex fragrance. The pomegranate gives it more of an herbal than sweet note so I think that's part of where it is coming from. All in all, it's a good quality fresh scent without a huge price tag.

SunnyGo93
SunnyGo93

This is such a wonderful fragrance. You can really smell the Japanese citrus in the beginning. And a beautiful burst of floral notes at the dry down. A great perfume for a great price...EVEN if it's not an original THE BOMB smell ever......I don't know if that makes sense. Hahaa!!

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

Wow I haven't seen this perfume in awhile since I purchased it way back when, but this is my review.

I enjoyed it, yes its from Avon and some people will gasp but believe or not this fragrance was very refreshing and serene, perhaps that's why I liked it so much because the other ones were very synthetic and hard , this Haiku was very woodsy watery green that made my senses smile , it reminded me of still waters with koi fishes and bambu flute playing softly like a mist caressing dark mountains somewhere.

I enjoyed it , bravo for the house of Avon for making a serene sensual fragrance , I enjoyed this when I did not wanted a strong perfume on me during sweaty summers or when I wasn't in a extroverted mood during work and leisure.

If this is still around in the Avon catalogue I recommend it , its very light and none offensive fragrance that is very office friendly and fresh.

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

I like to use perfumed talcum powder, especially in the summer so I bought it and it smells beautiful
I then took that plunge common to us and bought the EDP
lily of the valley and green grass at first spray but no the dry down
For me the dry down is jasmine and I smell it around me as I move
It doesn't smell like EA Green Tea, this is much more sweet.
It's soapy smelling but strong. One spray and good to go. It would be overpowering on a hot day
I will definitely use(and re order) the powder; but the spray, not
Price is inexpensive and the roll on is an easy way to bite but not swallow. However, the spray is cheaper than the roll on-go figure.
Bottle is typical Avon and I go way back..............

WolfHaleigh
WolfHaleigh

Good floral. Not too strong, good for the spring season in my opinion. It lasts, too. I still smell it in the middle of the day.

Kiku
Kiku

One of the best floral greens around today. Light and fresh. A tiny bit of soapiness makes it oh so clean without having that "the laundromat exploded" too much soap quality. And not a bit sweeter than it needs to be. Perfect for a sweltering day or to send you off to dreamland. Maybe not a "must have" but a "wouldn't hurt to have it".

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

On me, this turns into the greener version of L'Imperatrice... which I could not stand. Haiku is pleasant fresh florals as I expected, but then there's a sweaty-pulpy note that makes me nauseous.

Helloxexkitty
Helloxexkitty

This doesn't smell feminine to me at all. It is a musky citrusy soapy scent. The staying power is non-existent. I'm extremely disappointed in this blind buy. I mean, it doesn't smell bad, but it's one of those perfumes that you'd rather use as a deodorant than a spray. The sillage is also very very poor. At least the bottle is cute.

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

I bought this late last year in a layering set for my daughter and myself. We both love this, but since the perfume spray itself turns into plastic trash bag on me and not her, she got to keep the whole set.

About a month ago I bought up a bunch of avon's scented deos on sale and this was one of them because I remembered how much I liked the rest of the layering set.

I liked the freshness of the deo so very much I went ahead and bought the skin softener and body powder.

I am so glad that I did. This is mostly a green Muguet throughout with a lovely soft floral and green grassy undertone. It does develope and shift throughout the day,sometimes grassy, sometimes woody, sometimes white floal, and back again, but the lily of the valley stays consistant.

The skin softener stays hours on my skin and I love to layer it with fresh floral scents, and keep my skin cool and fresh all day in the summer heat with the body powder.

For me lily of the valley evokes strong memories. Most of my mother's favorite scents had a strong presence of muguet.

While wind song was her number one signature scent she actually wore Coty's Muguet du Bois quite a lot, mostly because that is what I would buy for her more than anything else. I loved how it smelled in general and on her most of all.

Lily of the valley once planted in rich moist soil under trees tends to take off like a weed, at least it did in our yard - someone long before we ever lived in our quiet little house had planted them under some plum trees along an old fence, they ran all the way to the back of yard along with some little blue bells that were not as hardy as the lilies.

They smelled so wonderfull, so strong and I loved them so much they were perfect little white bells of heavely scent. This is one of my first memories.

That is what Haiku makes me think of, my childhood yard in the spring filled with flowers planted long ago.

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

Serene and feminine. Haiku smells just like its pretty bottle suggests. This is a lily of the valley with a few secrets underneath. There is a yummy, nutty-gluey note that reminds me a bit of Ralph Lauren Chaps Woman. There is the natural smell of the grass after the rain that reminds me of living in the Pacific Northwest.

There is, however, a slightly confusing indoor/outdoor aspect of Haiku's progression that bothers me a little. One minute I feel like I'm completely outside in the natural world, and the next minute I feel like I'm indoors smelling soothing lotion at a spa, and then two minutes later I'm back outdoors again smelling the grass. I would rather either remain outdoors or stay at the spa the whole time.

There is too much unfettered muguet in Haiku for it to really be my thing, but I do love its notes of fresh, wet, wild grass and its tiny joyful punch of citrus.

M.Golightly
M.Golightly

I really wanted to be adventurous with picking fragrances and this is my first Avon perfume which was in fact given to me by mama as she told me it reminds her of me since I love citrus base fragrances.

WAS I SURPIRSE? INDEED.

I must admit I really did not expect Avon perfumes to be this good. No offense but I did had my doubts but after wearing this perfume it gave me a different perspective of Avon fragrances. It doesn't mean it is cheap means that the fragrance is cheap smelling as well. It really boils down to the right combination.

Clean and crisp is something that I need to have in my fragrance. I also prefer something delicate in it with a good base. This perfume sums it up.

This perfume is a keeper for me. If you are someone who wants fresh, clean, long lasting smell...(plus inexpensive) then you should get this one. Yes it is generic nothing new but these are the fragrances that lasts the longest. All the other signature ones die out but the classics are always here to stay.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Haiku Sunset is available on Avon.com right now, FYI for a great price...purse spray & lotion too.
xo

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

Smells like Elizabeth Arden Green Tea

izooi
izooi

Very nice, clean scent. Excellent for summer and daytime. I wore it for the longest time, but somehow lost my bottle.

HeidiLynn

I always forget how much I enjoy Haiku, until I put it on. Unlike many Avon fragrances, Haiku does not start out with the characteristic sharpness. It rolls right into a gorgeous, clean white floral. It is a tiny bit “soapy”, but really just smells fresh. I believe the initial floral is the combination of lily and lily of the valley; but this goes beyond a typical soliflore muguet—it is fuller, well rounded, softer and not so intensely “green” (as I find more typical of lily of the valley). I attribute that to the musk, which always seems to round things out nicely.

After about 2 hours, there is a touch of dirty-bitterness or dying flowers… it takes away from the clean simplicity of the initial notes. It must be the indolic quality of the jasmine flowers; I think it’s a tad overdone, and wish this fragrance stayed as pure as it started out.

That said, it’s never heads into sweaty-messy-decaying-biomass indolic realms. It stays predominantly clean. Citrus and pomegranate are listed as notes; I don’t smell them at all, but think they are playing counterpoint to the indoles to keep them in check. I love musk and sandalwood in any fragrance, and believe that those elements are keeping this white floral from taking itself too seriously, keeping it grounded.

Sillage is good, but I don’t feel like I’m choking people (I hope not anyway!). Longevity is >6 hours, fading after the first 4. For the price, I strongly recommend this one; Avon usually has sales, and you can get a small (30 ml, I think) bottle for $7. The large frosted glass bottle is beautiful with its pale greenish pagoda shaped lid; and there is an entire line of products (powder, deodorant, lotion) for layering if you like—but unlike many fragrances with a supportive line of products, this one does not require layering to achieve good longevity and projection.

modelleigh
modelleigh

this is my favorite perfume...I say cheap because of the price. not the quality. I perfer some of the more expensive brands.... miss dior, coco madamosielle, jdore dior. 212 etc....

but for the price this really is a GREAT perfume. i started wearing it when i was a teenager and my mom sold avon. I still appreciate this perfume today.

I dont use it as my signature sent (right now i use jdore and miss dior as my two sigs)

but I have probably gotten more compliments wearing Hiaku than my signatures....i think because alot of people these days smell like the CD perfumes...

I think hiaku is also a safe perfume as it doesnt seem to offend anyone ever because of its softer quality. some people think this is very similar to Elizabeth ardens grea tea...i disagree. i think Hiaku is a much better, richer scent...i think they are only being compared due to the fact that they are both green scents...but one note doesnt particularly make them similar.

if i were to rate my fav perfumes due to quality id say this:

jdore dior - 10
miss dior - 10
coco mad.- 10
ralph lauren ralph - 9 (id give it a 10 if you are under 24)
Avon Mark old hollywood pink - 9 -- discontinued unfortuantely
Avon Haiku 8.5
Carolina Herrera 212- 8
Valentia by Valentino- 8

so considering haiku is about 20$ for 50 ml instead of about 100$ like miss dior....i would say its a great perfume at a great deal!

b.a.denney

I just found this at a local thrift shop. I didn't think I was a big fan of this but as I'm wearing it I find it to be okay. It is a very green and fresh smell. I will probably wear it some this summer. I am still in love with Haiku Sunset which is discontinued now. I don't find these two to be very similar. As my husband's favorite is Haiku Sunset I'll see what he thinks of this. This is not my normal type of scent at all but I can see why lots of people like it. It's inoffensive and light. So many don't like Avon scents but there have been several I've really liked over the years. Some I wish they'd bring back....

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Sweet, light, oriental. I am using the body wash shower gel now - after a recent move. I have not yet found the box of fragrance, but the shower gel smells so good that I am wanting to finish unpacking very soon! It is very enticing! I like the clean smell - it is very fresh and refreshing!

Love the shower gel!

Garden.Wren
Garden.Wren

While I've never personally tried Haiku, I have it's brighter, younger sister Haiku Sunset in my perfume case. I do so wish Fragrantica would add it to its data base. It's such a lovely scent. Very aquatic and floral. Too bad it's been discontinued. Longevity is below average, on my fickle skin it's gone within an hour and a half/two hours, but I mostly expected that from Avon, sillage is good for the first hour then fades into a "sniff your wrist and you might catch a whiff" scent. Even though the quality is lacking, for no more than it cost, I still enjoy it and so does my daughter.

zeldaautumn
zeldaautumn

This is my very favourite Avon scent. It is very green, very fresh and always makes me feel good when I wear it. I can smell Lily of the Valley and green tea, I don't make out any Musk thankfully or vanilla, though I am sure those add to the staying power and hold down all that freshness from just drifting away. A lovely day scent, or when you are dying for spring to come along.

b.a.denney

I am not a big fan of regular Haiku but I really like Haiku Sunset. I wish Frangrantica would add it to the list of fragrances. Haiku Sunset is my husband's very favorite perfume on me. That fact alone amazes me because he likes rather expensive perfumes and things in general. He can always tell when I have this on though and he usually comments sadly if I don't...lol. He will even request that I wear it. It isn't even the perfume I was wearing when we first started dating and usually that has such strong association for most people so that is saying a lot. I find Haiku Sunset to be a very different type of scent than my norm but I do really enjoy it. I'll be glad to see what the listed notes are if they ever add it on here.....

Dharmapadagurl9
Dharmapadagurl9

this is a very nice scent for those with the right skin chemistry. My good friend wears it, and it smells lovely on her. You can smell a hint of lily of the valley, and something akin to green tea. A slight whisper of citrus. On her, its simply a fresh, clean sparkling heaven.. I tried it, and alas, like the Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden, it simply smelled like a rotten compost heap.. I did want to like this.

If possible, try to ask your nice Avon lady for a sample.. If green type smells normally dont work for you, this one may possibly be a miss.
But, for you lucky ladies that can wear your green florals, this one is a great catch for the price.

MarissaG6
MarissaG6

have a full bottle and can't get rid of it.
This scent is nice but gives me migraines.
Any one want to swap?

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

I have a teeny tiny roll on of this that I bring when I travel (can go in carry on).

It smells fresh and clean, don't see how it could bother anyone with sensitivities as it is very light.

Not my everyday fragrance, but good for emergencies or freshening up.

ann_gurl
ann_gurl

what i miss this perfume .. my favorite all time .. very freshly with a little bit citrus on it

Emilym1992
Emilym1992

Oh my Godzilla I forgot about this fragrance! I wore this when I was about 10 when my mother received as a gift from someone who obviously doesn't know her well (she cannot stand perfume). It was too mature for a 10 year old, and I just wore it for fun but I loved the smell, was very fresh. Now I really want to purchase this again so I can enjoy it as an adult and really appreciate it!

perfumeluver

Love this one but it always makes me cough.

busik
busik

Looking at the pyramid can distinguish every note. Lily of the valley is not so natural, but all together very harmoniously intertwined in fresh, cool flavor for the summer. Very modern, unusual and very good resistance. A brother of his Haiku sunset (not online) is totally different. This mixture CK One, Be and Eternity combined. Very cold scent transparent stream in the mountains or a forest stream key in a shady ravine. Breathe in and feel the same in my throat, like a sip of air to a killing frost.

lisaivette
lisaivette

Another Avon favorite. I get soft subtle Lily of the Valley, with a hint of citrus. I only bought the purse spray, should have bought the full size.

ggkeller
ggkeller

I really liked this one, nice and fresth. Don't smell
Freesia in it at all, which is a good thing cus I hate anything thats smells of freesia.

senilis
senilis

My older sister used to love ordering this when I was a kid. I remember the scent, very floral indeed with a hint of citrus (my sister's favorite note).

Ah the memories.

mshell
mshell

Haiku Sunset is not on Fragrantica yet but i love it even more than Haiku and also mark Hamptons Instant Vacation smells great!Reminds me of l'eau par kenzo. Please add these to Fragrantica!

reavyan
reavyan

I received a free sample of Haiku with another Avon purchase. Not having worn a "green" perfume in about eight years I decided to give it a whirl.

At initial application it is very astringent, but it settles down quickly.

Currently it is lightly powdery, in that dry sense, no babies here. Lily of the valley is the strongest note, although it feels synthetic, lacking the dewy freshness of the real deal. Jasmine and a hint of citrus are present too.

There is absolutely -no- vanilla, and I'm not getting any sandalwood in here either.

And then, if I had any doubts, this nasty little medicinal, almost plastic note creeps in and just absolutely kills it.

Final verdict: Flowery, powdery/soapy, but too artificial. A definite no for me.

On a personal level, I now remember why I stopped wearing green scents. They all just smell sour on me, and this is no exception.

Remember Haiku
Greens go really bad on you
So stay far away

ecofreak2001

So fresh, green and crisp. It's like a walk through a dewy garden. It has a great lasting power. Perfect for every day ware; a very clean scent. It kind of remind me Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, except this one is more flowery and musky. Like it!

Gothmom1303
Gothmom1303

Absolutely great for hot summer days, I had people sniff me and tell me I smelled like fresh out the shower after running around in the heat for hours. Not so much for the cooler months though, but I love it in summer,

HeidiLynn

This is my current "signature" fragrance; it's simple and clean, good for the hot, hot days of summer here in Texas when a heavier fragrance just won't do. It kind of reminds me of Dove soap (original, white bars), and Avon has the lotion and shower gel to go with it. Smells sweet, but not too flowery/fruity/sugary. I think the lily is predominant for me. Usually, I'm a chypre, amber or woodsy fragrance, but this works well.

naomin
naomin

this is my "grown up" scent, hehe!

shoshana25
shoshana25

At first I liked it. And I must admit that I like the idea of the fragrance. Fresh and Green, but after a while it went sour on me and started to smell cheap and "avon-like"....makes me wanna gag. Sorry.

Trinidella
Trinidella

This fragrance is up there with Elizabeth Arden et al. A must have.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

Waiting for mine to come in now. I sampled it and just love it. It is just so fresh and GREEN. It invokes thoughts of cool, fresh country air. In the south east U.S. it cets so opressively hot. A scent like this is something special.

hannie5
hannie5

I owned this little gem a while ago but sadly while I originally loved the powdery floral scent after a while it smells somewhat sour on me. But I am so glad it's mixing so well with others!

danimcneil

adding: This origianl haiku is STRONG stuff! I made a huge mistake by spraying on my clothes. I have learned that I have to spray on ONE spray on my skin, UNDER my clothes to not overwhelm myself and others. It is so so so beautiful..but holy crap! I cant believe something so cheap has this lasting quality!

danimcneil

I finally got my haiku today. I have been wondering how it would smell for years now! I love fresh out-of-the-shower scents. This is definitely fresh..VERY floral fresh. This to me is straight up lily. If you dont like lily..do not buy! Haiku is actually more of a "perfumey" and mature scent than I thought it would be..which is ok too! Also sillage and and longevity are amazing..one spray and it last 6+ hrs. And scents to not last on me! Not my favorite scent, but definitely pretty and can be used as an elegant scent. I would like to always have a bottle, especially since it was only $3 on amazon!

Haiku sunset: I also purchased this flanker since it was also only $3. I actually like Haiku sunset better..scent wise. It is a perfect dupe for Issey Miyake (sp?) floral (the pink one). Its very floral aquatic..literally it smells fluid..AMAZING! but so so so sadly it lasts for 5 min on me! I wish It lasted as well as the original and I would have a perfect and low priced scent! Oh well... love it still!

HazelNicoletti
HazelNicoletti

This reminds me of LOUD Lilies and Lily of the Valley which is pretty decent since they are one of my favorite flowers and scents along with white honey :)

mandy mark
mandy mark

ALL WHAT I CAN SAY IS... I FALL IN LOVE WITH IT! SO SOFT, AND DRAMATIC...BEST FROM AVON FOR ME!

ecofreak2001

I like this one a lot....a clean, fresh scent that is perfect for casual ware. It reminds me of white flowers after the rain while I walk through a forest.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

To be honest I am a bit disappointed. It was a blind buy and I thought I would love it from its description here and in the Avon catalog. It is nice, but the powderiness just irritates me.

biancaloren
biancaloren

lily of the valley - I love the shower gel and the lotions but the perfume is too much unless I spray low on my body so I am not walking and smelling it - amazing staying power. Very green or spring scent but mostly - lily of the valley.

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

this smelled so familiar even when it first came out, a watery green floral - i'm sure it was a near duplicate of something i'd smelled in the past. there's a high-pitched ozoney white floral sort of note that just gives me an instant headache, though.

Lisette1019
Lisette1019

Just put this on for the first time. Sweet but not cloying. Soapy. I detect some kind of flower (the lily, maybe) and a citrus/limey smell. It's kind of nice but reminds me(just a little) of a citronella candle. I don't get musk or vanilla at all. I'll write an update about the dry-down.

Update: On the dry-down you get a lovely jasmine with a wisp of vanilla at the trail end. This really develops into something nicer than it started. Super floral till the end, though.

vuvubaribe
vuvubaribe

i had this perfume when i was a young girl. my mom bought it for me and she also bought goddess also from Avon. anyways i loved the smell and i want it again. now that I'm older and notice the depths of how a perfume can make u smell and feel. this one made me feel good about my sent when i were it. its a sharp smell that's clean not in that soapy way but in like a green forestry way . love this perfume and i think everyone should try it.

chromaggia
chromaggia

At the time this became aware to me, I was a young girl, just starting to experiment with perfumes that didn't have cartoon characters on the box or smell like sugary candy. Most Avon perfumes out at that time smelled heavily of musk, were too spicy, or just weren't age appropriate for an eleven year old. Then I smelled this. Such a fresh, light oriental floral. It's perfect for anybody; I can just imagine a high class lady from ancient times in Asia walking down a hall as this scent trails behind her. The sister scent, Haiku Awakenings, was quickly added to my slowly growing collection. They're both such clean fragrances it's hard not to like them.

Pari88
Pari88

Very green scent that changes very often. It starts off a little fruity/citrusy, slightly flowery, and then begins to drydown into this magical green/woody scent. It smells a bit like ocean air that has passed through the woods and gently touched a few flowers on the way. It does resemble EA green tea but it has more depth to it and it is slightly more sharp. A very green scent that changes often! I would imagine myself wearing this while riding a bike, or on a boat, I feel as if the notes would enhance then :-) pleasant

peacecat30
peacecat30

To me this is a very heavy floral. I pretty much only smell lily and jasmine, none of the citrus notes come through for me. A little goes a long long way and it lasts forever. The bottle design is not a favorite of mine. It's a fine perfume, especially for the price, but I don't think I'll repurchase.

ccj36
ccj36

I work with several people who are prone to migraines, so I'm careful about the scents I choose for work. When applied with a light hand, Haiku is a great choice for work since it is a light, somewhat citrusy fragrance. The citrus notes blend well with the floral notes, so it is sweet rather than pungent. The dry down is much nicer and calmer than the initial spray.

melbritt24

If you LOVE this...try the NEW Haiku sunset...fresh and lovely for spring/summer!

Miss Dior Cherie

Hay una oferta en mi pais de esta estoy entre esta o today gold o Ahorrar para viva the juice o miss dior cherie ;)

lavender sage
lavender sage

I had recently bought the whole set because it was on sale for the price of the eau de toilette. I'll admit, it had been an impulse buy, and I had never smelled a sample. The notes in the fragrance sounded lovely and I was looking for a new fragrance for me that wouldn't break the bank. After trying the shower gel, lotion and perfume spray, I kept smelling this stale, almost sour scent on me. After a couple of hours I decided to return the set - the scent just kept getting worse on my skin. I told my fiancee that I was going to get rid of it, and he nodded and admitted "It kind of makes you smell old..."
I'm never buying a scent without actually spraying it on myself again!
PS - I wrote this same review and submitted it to Avon, and was emailed the next day that my review wouldn't be posted. I'm really leery about buying future Avon products based on their reviews now.

Nanc
Nanc

My mother and I adore Haiku; it suits her better as most Avon perfumes do. Very oriental/floral love it on her.

melbritt24

One of the few Avon fragrances that I can wear. Very soft and feminine. I am interested in trying the NEW Haiku Sunset. The scented page in the latest Avon book smells of fresh mandarin coupled with the classic Haiku.

icekat
icekat

If HAIKU was a garden, it would be filled with the fragrant pure white lilies and lilies of the valley magically blooming at the same time. The fresh wind from afar would carry tender white jasmine blossoms bringing harmony to this fresh, brisk and attractive floral bouquet. I can see this scent in the colors of pure white and cool luscious green, minimalistic and tranquil. The innocence and clarity of the composition, the crisp but smooth texture make this white floral bouquet quite beautiful. I have been wearing this scent for years and especially love it in the spring.

The opening is a lovely pomegranate mixed with strong citrus but it only lasts a few seconds. As soon as the scent interacts with my skin, it transforms into a floral, fresh and green composition with an intense lily of the valley and lily. It reminds me of a fresh burst of spring air. The jasmine note provides nice smooth layer to soften rather sharp lily and lily of the valley. The resulting composition is quite nice white floral bouquet, which turns out to be smooth, cool and pure. The base notes are definitely woody. I never got much vanilla on my skin, especially if compared to many vanilla gourmand fragrances I own.

The lily and lily of the valley are strong in this composition. If you are not fond of these flowers, then I would not suggest this scent. But if you love fresh crisp floral scents with the above notes, then I would definitely recommend this. The longevity and sillage are quite good.

Miss Dior Cherie

siempre quise tenerla pero siempre habia otra que si imterponia en nuestro camino ahora ya no podremos estar juntas por que donde vivo ya no lo saca avon en su folleto

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

One of the nicer Avon scents.

Lovable Amy
Lovable Amy

Its a clean scent! I do wear this when i was in a high school.

Laura Dora
Laura Dora

A very nice light day scent if your just running errands and you don't want to be bowling people over.

rachia1977
rachia1977

I like this fragrance very much, especially the jasmin in it, it's a long durable fragrance. It can linger for hours on your skin, very nice fragrance, and it is not too pricey either.
I wear it to work and have got a lot of compliments.

perfumeluver

I like this perfume a lot. I have mixed this with DKNY, Pleasures, Believe, or Curious and it smells REALLY good with all of them.

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

Similar to Anais Anais, this one's brighter, lighter, greener. Anais Anais is more floral. Love the freshness of both of these, like a breath of fresh air in flower-budding Spring.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

A light, airy and sweet, crisp green! Drys a little on the powdery side which I like. Good for spring or warmer months. ;o)

this is a nice little green gem from avon. a mild everyday scent that has good staying power. a spritz or 2 behind the ears or on wrists is nice. i love the lily of the valley in it, the little green tea scent, and the dryness of musk. i like it with its own powder, a fresh and feminine way to start your day.

shinewin
shinewin

This reminds me of Light Blue by D&G. It just that Haiku have a more stronger citrus and a higher lily notes. To me anything with a cirtusing scent gives off a hair product such as hair-spray.

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Strongly floral green fragrance, kinda reminds me of Marks Earth.

pansylady
pansylady

I really expected to like this scent because I love florals in general, but this one just seems a bit "off" or lacking- I think it could use a larger squeeze of citrus and a dash of pepper!

wowgirl
wowgirl

This fragrance stinks to me! It smells old-like something old women wear. It's a heavy and strong citrus-smelling fragrance that does nothing for me. What's crazy is that I did like this scent at one point, but then I got sick of its pungent citrus smell-the japanese yuzu. This was one of those deceptive fragrances, that smell good initially but then its true colors are revealed.

vioversilver
vioversilver

This is a simple, clean , creamy fresh floral scent, the vanilla & sandalwood seem to keep the green in this from getting to sharp & overbearing.
Has a hint of soapiness which is not unpleasant to me, it's able to get warmed up by my skin to get that perfect 'skin' scent that I sometimes I'm in the mood for.. very wearable , especially for those who may not like heavier, animalistic scents- this is the complete opposite of those.
Unless you drench yourself in this ,Haiku is completely unoffensive - perfect when you just want to smell pretty .

I will add that I have gotten quite a few compliments when wearing this perfume, pretty amazing for something that doesn't make promises of spectacular sexiness, mystique or sophistication when worn.

P.S. I agree with Falovalo's review - this is very similiar to Victoria's Secret Body by Victoria.

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

This is Avon's No. 1 seller!!! It never changes!! The top notes are clear and the scent just last long enough to make you smile on a whiff!!

guest_lisaleemiller
guest_lisaleemiller

it's easy to wear, not too sweet and not too overpowering. I am always a hugo boss gal. I just finised my Hugo Boss XX, was looking for a new and more economic priced perfume. I ordered this and Far Away. Dont like far away, reminds me of those air freshener in the bathrooms. I do like Haiku, but i did realised the depth of the notes is not as profound as other high end perfumes, but i can live with it for now. Spray it one hour before leaving the house, it will be perfect the moment you step out. the 1.7oz bottle is not to heavy to bring out too. I am wearing this for fall/winter, I am going to get Avon's Always or maybe elizabeth arden's splendor too. But i will always go back to Hugo Boss.

eranaral
eranaral

fresh cold smell. a bit too strong 4 me, it hurts my nose.

Aalia
Aalia

I really enjoy the prominent lily of the valley, and distinct sandalwood here. The jasmine is not too strong, but it's there, mingling and mixing, providing prescence for the composition.The musk peeks out shyly towards the end. It's fresh, bright, makes me think of the colors green, and white. It's never sweet. It could also be considered an
acquatic scent, due to it's thin, fine, and clear attributes.

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

I like the smell of this on others just not on me...although after several hours on my skin it smells quite nice...it's just those first few hours it smells like...well...green pee on me...yikes!...a nice sheer light floral oriental "green tea" type fragrance on others though.

Malegria
Malegria

I like it...it is fresh, but not too much...the flowers are subtle and not overly sweet, and just a touch of lily of the valley make it oh so innocent. It`s a perfect everyday scent on a right person - I noticed that on some it tends to become soapy and a little nauseating, when on the others it stays fresh and pure.

arladanielle
arladanielle

I was walking in a supermarket the other day and a nice-looking chap followed me to the cashier with chocolates on hand. He tapped my shoulder and awkwardly asked what scent i was wearing.He smiled and said he would like his girlfriend to smell the same..Haha, I laughed to myself. I didnt know this fragrance would last a full ten hours. And it sure impressed a guy half my age.
I'd wear it again tomorrow.

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

My friend gave me this shower gel..I ordered a perfume sample out of curiousity. The shower gel is kinda strong..and the scent is self was kinda weak..but that goes for most Avon scents in my opinion. A nice floral..but I prefer "sweeter" scents.

Denyze
Denyze

My sister wore this once. It was too simple although pleasant enough. Too light, forgettable, too simple and not striking at all.

elisa321
elisa321

This is pleasant enough in a green and calming sort of way, but it's rather boring and very forgettable. However, it's inoffensive and does give a certain scent of cleanness. I wouldn't mind wearing it if it's just a casual, everyday occasion and had to wear something but had nothing else to wear. But I certainly wouldn't buy this scent out of my own choice. My bottle came as a gift from someone.

Strangely enough, I like the bath gel a lot better. The gel has a much more detectable scent of soft flowers which I can't smell much of in the perfume.

Vivi
Vivi

I tried this in the perfumed body powder and loved it. Can't wait to try it in the cologne. And my husband loves it, which is hard to find.

If there is such a thing as a sheer oriental, this is probably it. Layered but somehow not complex, it is light notes, almost shiny. It's very nice, but it ended a bit too sharply bright on my skin, probably due to the sandalwood in combination with the greens. I love the idea of the notes, but they didn't agree with my chemistry. But on other women I've smelled it as elegant rather than pretty, floral without being sweet or smelling like a facefull of flowers.

crysna

A simple statement of sheer poetry! Awake your senses with this fragrance, a spiritual garden floral of jasmine, citrus and lilies. it's just simple perfect 4 everyday use, wonderfull smell i never get tired of it.

Stacey923

A hint of citrus and lily are what I notice on my skin. I like it.

falovalo
falovalo

This is good for days when you cant decide what perfume to wear or during the warmer months. It's fresh and inoffensive and smells similar to Victoria's Secret Body By Victoria. The lasting power is pretty good too.

mackie
mackie

This perfume from avon is one of my favorites. It has changed my mind about perfumes with green notes.

Stacey923

Fresh and light. A nice scent.

chance25
chance25

I some how lost my bottle of this. It's very light, bright green floral. I think it would be a perfect scent for a teenager of someone just entering the world of perfumes. Silage was great, and I loved wearing it on cold rainy days for some reason.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I really like Haiku, as it is a very fresh scent. It is uplifting, and perfect for reviving the spirit on a gloomy day. I prefer to use just the body lotion (the strength is just perfect). When I do apply this fragrance, I spray the air around me, instead of spraying directly onto my skin, which can be a bit too potent for me. Perfect everyday fragrance.

crysna

Wonderful smell, cute bottle and the aroma last all day! its very crisp and all time wearable. 5 stars

guest_Avon Leader
guest_Avon Leader

This is my day wear fragrance. It reminds me of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea which I wore before I sold Avon.

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

It's nothing that hasn't already been done, although it does smell wonderful. It's very wearable. It's not something I am dying to have, but wouldn't mind having.

2007

Haiku by Avon 3.64 out of 5 based on 403 ratings and 104 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Haiku fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Haiku, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Haiku by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Haiku by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.