Designers » A » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Haiku Kyoto Flower Avon for women

Haiku Kyoto Flower Avon for women
dislike

ozonic

Haiku Kyoto Flower by Avon is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Haiku Kyoto Flower was launched in 2014. The fragrance features cherry blossom, violet leaf, peony and musk.

Cherry Blossom Violet Leaf Peony Musk

Chloe Eau de Toilette
Noa Fleur
Dior Addict 2
Radiant
Burberry Brit Sheer (2015)

Haiku Kyoto Flower Fragrance Reviews

alyxdavidson
alyxdavidson

I purchased this blindly due to the rave reviews on this site. I hate to dissent, but I think this is only "okay" and not great. Sure, it smells pretty, but it's just not my favorite type of fragrance.

I work this to work today. It started out strong then faded to something inoffensive after an hour. By 4 hours, I could only smell traces. Since I work in the medical field, I don't want anything strong or too annoying, but I was hoping for more longevity. This is on the low end of medium for me.

I wish the musk was stronger. I mostly get peony from this the entire time I wear it.

I don't have any of the Chloe fragrances and I don't particularly like them, but for the low price, I figured I didn't have much to lose. I wasn't expecting this to be slightly reminiscent of Elizabeth Taylor's Violet Eyes because of the rose/peony similarities.

Overall, if you like Chloe and peonies, I think this would be a great choice for you. If not, try a different fragrance.

Vivacious
Vivacious

This and the other Haiku is my most favorite from Avon. I have other pricey fragrances but I reach for this one often. It is a fresh floral that lasts. Perfect for spring and summer.

horse_friesian
horse_friesian

I bought this based on Perfumeaddict7's review below and I'm very happy I did. It is so beautiful and elegant and I can't stop wearing it! Its a full floral smell that makes me think of a freshly watered spring garden in full bloom. This makes me wish spring would last forever.
I also got to test Chloe Love Story and this is VERY similar to it. It's not an exact dupe but it is definitely the same vibe. I really like Chloe LS but I don't feel the need to buy it because of how similar these two are.

Perfumeaddict777
Perfumeaddict777

I LOVE this perfume! It's very long lasting and strong sillage. Be careful not to over spray because it can turn sharp and burn your nose. I made that mistake yesterday..because this perfume gets stronger after it settles on the skin I sprayed myself to much and then had a burning nose for a couple hours. At first spray it reminds me if a mix between chloe and chloe love story, abd what amazes me is that i paid 130 dollars for chloe love story and it doesn't last more than an hour on my skin, this stuff was still beautiful and evident this morning! After a few hours this starts to smell like pleasures and lucky you. I smell stephanosis (the wedding flower) not sure if i spelled that right lol, but it's not listed in the notes. It doesn't warm up or change much but stays strong, a little spicy like carnation or pepper could be in it. My husband loves it on me. It does not have the "avon dna" . This is a perfume i will be buying more of, it'll be great in the summer, I'm glad that i found this treasure.

joliecat
joliecat

Haiku Kyoto Flower is a very pretty, comforting scent. Soft enduring white musk blended with uplifting sweet puffy peony , a tickling touch of violet leaf and a hint of cherry blossom makes this scent both cooling and gently warming.

Kyoto Flower dries down to a definite powdery FEEL. If you find this scent too strong, try it in the body lotion. The lotion is also very long lasting. I wear it with the spray and it lasts forever on my skin until I wash it off.

Soft, almost powdery, sweet, but not too sweet, with moderate projection, Kyoto Flower is perfect for Spring. Also great to wear any time you need to feel calm and beautifully feminine.

Piscean-Blue
Piscean-Blue

This stuff is... okay. "Okay" as in gets the job done. The scent is pretty (a very pared down version of Dior Addict 2). The lasting power is surprisingly decent and I like the fact that the bottle has a sturdy portable design (it's not one of those situations where if you wanna tote it along with you, you have to hunt down a rollerball version).

So it's cute to try and inexpensive but I won't be repurchasing. A little too "meh" for me. Actually Kyoto Flower seems more appropriate for a little girl, it's so simplistic. A starter fragrance if you will.

Dort0625

I wanted to add a new review, I ordered this right after I sampled it and I bought the perfume lotion and shower gel. So normally the 50ml bottle is 26 dollars but buy two for 25.99....how crazy is that! I stand by my initial review with it smells JUST like Dior Addict 2!!! Aaaaaand the great thibg is that it lasts so much longer than Addict 2! I can't wait to shower with gel and then lotion up and spray! Omg I will smell delicious lol

Dort0625

I can't even believe this...this smells IDENTICAL to Dior Addict 2!!!!! Omg! I got this thinking it would be decent but omg this is incredible!!! My sniffer can't even believe this lol

amy1983
amy1983

I love the bottle,with the cute pink pagoda-shaped cap. I was going to buy this when it first came out on account of the bottle,but hesitated because I thought it might be boring. I finally gave in to that pink cap,and ordered myself a bottle last week. My verdict:This is boring. This possesses a flat gray musk with no cherry blossom whatsoever,which is unfortunate,because cherry blossom would have added some flavor to this. I am going to keep this,though,because it looks cute on my dresser.

lemonzest
lemonzest

Too bad cherry blossoms feature in the motif for Kyoto Flower. KF has no cherry blossom or fruit notes at all, and this picture tends to mislead. Avon ought to have decorated the pagoda bottle with peonies. On me, KF opens, runs, and closes with peonies in the lead. Soft musk performs as a backup singer. Roses waft by, but they are tea roses, earthy and green. They are not listed, so maybe that's my chemistry.
Remember Avon Peony Soft Musk from the early 2000's, circa 2001? KF smells nearly the same as my memory of PSM. It's thrilling to discover this scent twin to my adored Peony Soft Musk; twelve years later I have found its nearest equivalent in Kyoto Flower.
Must love crisp florals to appreciate this! It is not sweet. Just a lovely peony musk.

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Not a Big fan of Haiku way to strong! Every time I try and wear this fragrance I get a bad headache. Thumbs down on this one.

fyrewoman
fyrewoman

The sillage is STRONG of fresh cotton musk for four hours. Then,it tranforms right into a skin scent of light peony. I find that two sprays at a time is plenty.

I would have never imagined there to be any cherry blossom if it weren't for the pretty blossoms on the bottle. It does smell pink, however. I imagine that comes from the peony. I smell violet leaf in there but it is hidden under a heavy mask of cotton flower.

So basically it smells very much like fresh cotton and white musk to me. Mary Kay has a Cotton fragrance out similar to it. I find young teens to great grandmas, alike, could be wearing this frangrance. Very fluffy and sweet.

The bottle is adorable but i don't care for the stopper so much. I bought it in spring and have only worn it twice so far. I like it but am curious how it would hold up in winter because of it's heavy sillage.

It's a very feminine and pink version of Egyptian musk!

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

The violet leaf note must be the what makes Kyoto Flower the closest thing to an aquatic, that I can successfully wear. The peony is loud and proud, grinning in the breezy sunshine. The musk is soapy, but lovely nonetheless. The cherry blossom is shy (but, come on, what is more obnoxious than a LOUD cherry blossom)... it's just floating, half-asleep in the big peony breeze. Aaaaah.:)

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Where is this available? I'd love to give it a try, it must be beautiful for early summer, with the dominating peony note!

Kohla1
Kohla1

Smells just like radiant by Drew Barrymore (which I own). I love this stuff, My Avon rep is the best she gave it free (she frequently gives me free things) message me if anybody wants a great Avon rep!

lalaland612
lalaland612

I like this perfume. It is floral and long lasting.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Had to stop someone to ask them what they were wearing. Turns out it was this scent. Smelled like roses and wood. Silage was spectacular.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I love the original Haiku and was excited to try this when I got a sample (the tiny packet with a swatch of soaked fabric) from my Avon lady. Alas, this is a very floral-floral--way too heavy for my taste. It's a "Bright Crystal" wannabee; that style of shrill, sharp, very "perfumy" perfume, but without the citrus of BC. It's like soap and hairspray, and a nondescript very loud floral note. I love Japanese Cherry Blossom by BBW, but this is not the same floral note to my nose, not at all.

I kept it on for about 2 hours and it did not change, did not soften, did not evolve at all. I had hoped it would mellow into my skin, as musk is listed and the original Haiku does develop nicely over time. I finally scrubbed it off, rather than waste more time on this uninteresting and very loud fragrance. I will say, it has strong sillage and longevity; even after a scrubbing with soap and water, it lingers.

I would only recommend this for someone who is a whole-hearted floral lover, who appreciates a strong perfume; even then, I would suggest not making it a blind buy.

Lace.S
Lace.S

This perfume is way too strong, the florals are so heavy it's sickening.

I got a sample of this from my Avon rep and while it was strong at first, I thought it would let up a bit as time went on. I can see it being a pretty scent as it fades, but the problem is that it doesn't. The green scents of Haiku are there, but this synthetic violet scent is just way too heavy and doesn't mellow as time goes on. After about an hour, I started feeling just sick to my stomach, like I was sitting in stench. I had to scrub it off.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I received my gift set of this yesterday and now i know why i like it so much it is very similar to harajuku lovers love which i have and i sprayed both and compared and they are similar but kyoto flower smells more flowery but they are both nice i am wearing kyoto flower lotion now with clinique calyx and its a good combination believe it or not lol.

Kittenje
Kittenje

I just got this and at first smell really liked it. I think this is going to be a great perfume for spring and summer.

It reminds me quite a bit of l'eau d'Issey from Issey Miyake with the floral/musk/fresh notes.

I am a bit confused by the marketing of this scent. The name of the fragrance and the graphics of cherry blossoms on the bottle suggest this is a cherry blossom scent. However, I smell no cherry blossom whatsoever. Even the Avon website does not actually list cherry blossom as a note. This scent is mostly violet leaf on me, and a generous dash of peony, and the tiniest hint of musk. I am fan of cherry blossom, so I am disappointed that I can’t smell it here. However, I do like the green herbal aura this has, once I get over the disappointment of no cherry blossom. This is green, cool, fresh, herbal, and dries down to an almost dusty powderiness.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I got a free sample with a recent avon order..

Nice & pretty fresh floral, but I dont do violets or violet leaf so it is not for me and I dont own anything similiar to compare it to. Sillage seams pretty good for the half hour I made myself wear it, but I cant comment on longevity as I had to take it off.

Overall it very good, I'd say one of Avons hits (I always say Avon is hit or miss with more misses than hits) Just not one for me.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I can hardly believe that I got to test this fragrance BEFORE the release here at Fragrantica..... But it's true!

Quite by chance, I was able to sample many Avon fragrances just the other day. Haiku Kyoto Flower came as quite a surprise to me, as I had never seen it in any Avon brochure. Such an adorable bottle and good advertising campaign!

That said, it's not the sort of floral I typically enjoy. Too much peony and violet leaf, as all the "modern" florals seem to boast. I love florals, but not something so cool and fresh as this, without any sort of either warmth or distinction.

No criticism intended to Kyoto Flower, since I'm not a fan of the original Haiku either! This seems to be a good fragrance for those bothered by strong scents, as well as those just entering the world of florals. Besides, it's the perfect antidote to the extended winter we seem to be having right now. Springtime Anticipated!

Far more interesting than Avon's other new release - Instinct for women. I would choose Kyoto Flower as a gift long before Instinct, as the former at least has a recognizable Cherry flower note.

Many people can identify well with the ubiquitous Cherry Blossom scents put out by practically every bath product company. Kyoto Flower boasts a slightly different take ( courtesy of peony and violet leaf ) on this classic, modern theme. In contrast, Instinct merely smells like a fresh, green shampoo. Good shampoo, but shampoo nonetheless.

Conclusion ~ Good job, Avon! Four stars.

Next time could you PLEASE come out with a richer floral, minus the violet leaf and peony?????

SS79
SS79

Sounds like a very pretty fragrance! Love the pink bottle! Perfect for spring!

avonman
avonman

Actually the 2nd Haiku was Haiku Awakening,it came in a different shaped bottle... KYOTO Flower is a Very Fresh Floral, I don't get any sweetness nor any fruit from this...it reminds me very much of Estee Lauder Pleasures! So if you're looking for a Pure Spring Floral this should fit the bill nicely!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Haiku Kyoto Flower fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Haiku Kyoto Flower, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Haiku Kyoto Flower by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Haiku Kyoto Flower by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.