Designers » A » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Haiku Kyoto Flower Avon for women

Haiku Kyoto Flower Avon for women
dislike

ozonic

Haiku Kyoto Flower by Avon is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Haiku Kyoto Flower was launched in 2014. The fragrance features cherry blossom, violet leaf, peony and musk.

Cherry Blossom Violet Leaf Peony Musk

Chloe Eau de Toilette

Haiku Kyoto Flower Fragrance Reviews

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I love the original Haiku and was excited to try this when I got a sample (the tiny packet with a swatch of soaked fabric) from my Avon lady. Alas, this is a very floral-floral--way too heavy for my taste. It's a "Bright Crystal" wannabee; that style of shrill, sharp, very "perfumy" perfume, but without the citrus of BC. It's like soap and hairspray, and a nondescript very loud floral note. I love Japanese Cherry Blossom by BBW, but this is not the same floral note to my nose, not at all.

I kept it on for about 2 hours and it did not change, did not soften, did not evolve at all. I had hoped it would mellow into my skin, as musk is listed and the original Haiku does develop nicely over time. I finally scrubbed it off, rather than waste more time on this uninteresting and very loud fragrance. I will say, it has strong sillage and longevity; even after a scrubbing with soap and water, it lingers.

I would only recommend this for someone who is a whole-hearted floral lover, who appreciates a strong perfume; even then, I would suggest not making it a blind buy.

Lace.S
Lace.S

This perfume is way too strong, the florals are so heavy it's sickening.

I got a sample of this from my Avon rep and while it was strong at first, I thought it would let up a bit as time went on. I can see it being a pretty scent as it fades, but the problem is that it doesn't. The green scents of Haiku are there, but this synthetic violet scent is just way too heavy and doesn't mellow as time goes on. After about an hour, I started feeling just sick to my stomach, like I was sitting in stench. I had to scrub it off.

sharyssa

I received my gift set of this yesterday and now i know why i like it so much it is very similar to harajuku lovers love which i have and i sprayed both and compared and they are similar but kyoto flower smells more flowery but they are both nice i am wearing kyoto flower lotion now with clinique calyx and its a good combination believe it or not lol.

sharyssa

I sampled this at the avon store which sells no products in store and idk why they even have a store but anyhow i sampled it was very impressed its fresh and smells like cherry blossom and it lasts i came home washed my hands two times and still could smell it.

Kittenje
Kittenje

I just got this and at first smell really liked it. I think this is going to be a great perfume for spring and summer.

It reminds me quite a bit of l'eau d'Issey from Issey Miyake with the floral/musk/fresh notes.

I am a bit confused by the marketing of this scent. The name of the fragrance and the graphics of cherry blossoms on the bottle suggest this is a cherry blossom scent. However, I smell no cherry blossom whatsoever. Even the Avon website does not actually list cherry blossom as a note. This scent is mostly violet leaf on me, and a generous dash of peony, and the tiniest hint of musk. I am fan of cherry blossom, so I am disappointed that I can’t smell it here. However, I do like the green herbal aura this has, once I get over the disappointment of no cherry blossom. This is green, cool, fresh, herbal, and dries down to an almost dusty powderiness.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I got a free sample with a recent avon order..

Nice & pretty fresh floral, but I dont do violets or violet leaf so it is not for me and I dont own anything similiar to compare it to. Sillage seams pretty good for the half hour I made myself wear it, but I cant comment on longevity as I had to take it off.

Overall it very good, I'd say one of Avons hits (I always say Avon is hit or miss with more misses than hits) Just not one for me.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I can hardly believe that I got to test this fragrance BEFORE the release here at Fragrantica..... But it's true!

Quite by chance, I was able to sample many Avon fragrances just the other day. Haiku Kyoto Flower came as quite a surprise to me, as I had never seen it in any Avon brochure. Such an adorable bottle and good advertising campaign!

That said, it's not the sort of floral I typically enjoy. Too much peony and violet leaf, as all the "modern" florals seem to boast. I love florals, but not something so cool and fresh as this, without any sort of either warmth or distinction.

No criticism intended to Kyoto Flower, since I'm not a fan of the original Haiku either! This seems to be a good fragrance for those bothered by strong scents, as well as those just entering the world of florals. Besides, it's the perfect antidote to the extended winter we seem to be having right now. Springtime Anticipated!

Far more interesting than Avon's other new release - Instinct for women. I would choose Kyoto Flower as a gift long before Instinct, as the former at least has a recognizable Cherry flower note.

Many people can identify well with the ubiquitous Cherry Blossom scents put out by practically every bath product company. Kyoto Flower boasts a slightly different take ( courtesy of peony and violet leaf ) on this classic, modern theme. In contrast, Instinct merely smells like a fresh, green shampoo. Good shampoo, but shampoo nonetheless.

Conclusion ~ Good job, Avon! Four stars.

Next time could you PLEASE come out with a richer floral, minus the violet leaf and peony?????

SS79
SS79

Sounds like a very pretty fragrance! Love the pink bottle! Perfect for spring!

avonman
avonman

Actually the 2nd Haiku was Haiku Awakening,it came in a different shaped bottle... KYOTO Flower is a Very Fresh Floral, I don't get any sweetness nor any fruit from this...it reminds me very much of Estee Lauder Pleasures! So if you're looking for a Pure Spring Floral this should fit the bill nicely!

Haiku Kyoto Flower by Avon 3.78 out of 5 based on 28 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Haiku Kyoto Flower fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Haiku Kyoto Flower, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Haiku Kyoto Flower by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Haiku Kyoto Flower by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.