Designers » A » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Herve Leger Femme Avon for women

Herve Leger Femme Avon for women
dislike

Herve Leger Femme Avon for women Pictures

Herve Leger Femme and Herve Leger Homme are arriving on the market in autumn 2010, created in cooperation between Avon Products and Herve Leger.

Edition for women Herve Leger Femme is announced as a woody-floral fragrance combined of Chinese magnolia, Sicilian pink grapefruit, orange blossom from Morocco, honeywood, hot benzoin tears, cypress and vanilla. The fragrance is available in amount of 50ml edp.

Advertising campaign was made in Paris, Place Vendome.

Magnolia Pink Grapefruit Cardamom

Woodsy Notes Honey Cedar Orange Blossom

Vanille Cypress Incense

Herve Leger Femme Fragrance Reviews

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

On the sample strip, this fume is sooooo good - woodsy floral with a touch of honey. On my skin, it is pink pepper then woods with a trail of incense. No florals or honey. In the drydown, it is just dry woods, not even amber or sandalwood.

One spray on me
Sillage: nose to wrist
Longevity: about an hour
Rating: 1/5 for lack of sillage and longevity but might have been 3/5 for woodsy scent.

Kione
Kione

I purchased this botthe after I had a fling with the benzoin note, and I got it recommended here. I didn't like it when I got it, I though woody bezoine notes where good for autumm/damp days and that is when I used Femme. I wasn't convinced, it was too sharp and a bit too chemical and made me feel slightly sick.
Now, for some reason today, warmer weather and sunny, I felt like using it. And, bang! It was lovely! I was also in quite a hot meeting this morning and I loved having this scent, made me feel clean and not too in your face. I think the warmth melows it a lot. Or maybe its y body chemistry. So for me, it works much better in wamer sunny weather.

Kristina25
Kristina25

This is gorgeous! You'd never guess it was Avon. It's a lovely woodsy, slightly smoky floral that's perfect for mild, sunny weather. It reminds me of late spring days when the nights are getting longer and dresses are getting shorter!

It's so comforting to me. It's sophisticated rather than all out glamorous and sensual rather than sexy. The florals are not too sweet and I think it could be worn by almost any age. Ive had my share of compliments while wearing it too.

Surprisingly, I find it lasts a good 4-5 hours on me. I also get a note of freshly cut grass for some reason and not much vanilla. I really think it should be in the oriental floral/ woody floral category instead of oriental vanilla.

daniela_hct
daniela_hct

A very intresting woody scent.i probably would'nt wear it, but i would like to have it in my collection. I would wear this fragrance if i were a sensual and voluptous blonde, i think there would be an outraging contrast that would advantge both of us, me and the scent. I already think of giving HL femme to one of my blonde friends that suits the description

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

My mom has this. Now if I was a woman, I personally wouldn't wear it. Mainly because it smells so cheap.
Either way it goes, (thankfully) it doesn't have very much projection (4 inches). Really it is a long lasting skinscent but this is NOT an overpowering fragrance at all.

It would be a good one for ladies to wear to work:)

Juliana6
Juliana6

I think this perfume is like its bottle-feminine, sensual (the pink color, the glass ribbons tied around the bottle) but with a strong, slightly masculine edge(the classic shape of the bottle).
The opening is strong, woody with a pleasant citrus freshness and bitterness ( by the way- quite realistic and natural), then I smell a shy, powdery magnolia and then again the wood but now it has changed thanks to the flowers, honey and dark vanilla.
I'd say it's a deep, tempting and unusual perfume, It's like the great French classic perfumes. It was quite difficult to believe it was by Avon. Definitely a gem!

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Not very Avony at all. The more I smell it, the more I like it! I wouldn't say it's a stand out fragrance but it is a very pleasant, safe scent. Something you could wear to work and it would get noticed without it being overpowering. The general aura of it is woody but closer to the skin there's a fruity/floralness. Someone said it's a bit like an incomplete Dior Dolce Vita & I can see the similarity - the top notes are very similar but I would say that even though this fragrance has a bit of sparkle in the top notes it's not as sparkling as Dolce Vita. Once it settles to the base all the similarities are gone. This definately has more class than your celebs or cheapies.
Lasts all day - I would say after quite a few hours this becomes almost unisex.

jennifer-auugustin
jennifer-auugustin

Horrible perfume.... I bought this once and I regretted spending my money on this..

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

This scent works really well on my skin. It smells warm and sexy and inviting. I dare say mature, but not in a matronly way. I've gotten lots of compliments on it when I've worn it out. Not a scent you typically find out there nowadays, I suppose. One spritz is all you need as it can be a bit strong and it lasts for hours. Sometimes I'll spray it on a scarf and I'll be able to smell it for weeks lingering in the fabric. It's just wonderful.

Allinug
Allinug

I am sorry but on me and also on my daughter it's nothing beautiful with this perfume, it smells awful. I gave it away.
I can't really describe the smell but it's something woody and horrible and some awful smelling white flowers, no vanilla at all.

A beautiful scent but not for my skintype. On my this one turns unisex and the Cedar is shining too much on me. I do have a problem with some woodsy-notes, they don't smell good on me. This is a lovely scent on paper and on my friend who tried it today.

En underbar doft men inte för min hudtyp. På mig förvandlas den till en unisex och Ceder lyser igenom lite för mycket på mig. Jag har problem med en del tränoter, dom doftar inte gott på mig, helt enkelt. Detta är en jättefin doft när jag provar den på papper. Min kompis provade den idag och på henne doftar den jättefint.

pavillionofroses
pavillionofroses

I bought 2 bottles, I think that herve leger is the parfum that a man would wear if he were turned into a woman, I mean, totsie!!!! jajaja, not!! seriously, this fragance is for a high target and mature mind, but not boring o too sweet. I love it, and I always receive compliments by men... so try it if your skin is suitable for the notes

love45
love45

At this time, my boss knows how much I love perfumes so she brought this in as well as True Love. This perfume smelled expensive and very different which I love! I wanted to buy it online but I couldn't find it so my boss gave it to me! I was so grateful! Best boss everrrr!

Raggagirl1
Raggagirl1

This scent is quite nice. Different from all the other avon perfumes. It has a gentle but just right sillage don't spray too much because it can be very overpowering it has excellent longevity on me lasts 8hours plus on my skin. It has a powdery woodsy smell. Nice

xabaras
xabaras

Herve Leger opens with a beautiful woodsy note mixed to a lightly sweet floral note. It is quite complex and I can't really detect any particular "ingredient". It is very pleasant but somewhat average, and verging a little towards chewing gum.

lcommisso
lcommisso

I bought this on a whim because I loved the smell of the men's cologne so much, I had hopes that the perfume for women would be in the same ballpark. Fail. I gave this away to a coworker because every time I wore it, I ended up with a huge headache. To its credit, it does last a long time. To me, it is floral powdery cleanerish. Just too much for me. I think on the right person, this would smell amazing.

Limpylou

This fragrance gets compliments whenever I wear it. It lasts all day. It is more suitable for cooler weather ( I think). Say what you will about Avon fragrance. This woodsy scent is a gem.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

I'm not a big fan of Avon as all of their fragrances have that 'avon note' I can't put my finger on. It's something soapy/sweet and synthetic that is is most of their fragrances and most of them end up smelling the same to me/bland.

However, I was pleasantly surprised by this cheap and cheerful scent - I am also surprised that noone found any comparison to Dior Dolce Vita - I think it smells a lot like an incomplete dupe for it. Look at the notes - so many of them are duped.

It's a little bit too sweet for my liking, but I like the woodsy notes as well as benzoin (which I love!)a lot. I think it's a very well done fragrance from Avon and a great 'to go', 'keep in your purse' no brainer fragrance for daytime.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I also really like this perfume, which I got a bottle of a couple of weeks ago when it was on offer in one of the Avon brochures. I couldn't resist such a good deal, and I had smelled it on a 'sniff patch' (or whatever they're called!) in a previous brochure and found it very appealing.

Firstly, the bottle is very nice, classy and, of course, based on Herve Leger's bandage dresses. So, it's one of those perfume bottles that is nice to have out and to admire whenever you look at it!

The perfume itself is also very classy and feminine and smells expensive. I agree with one review here which said it's reminiscent of Estee Lauder Sensuous. I was thinking exactly the same thing as it's quite a deep yet soft, woodsy kind of scent which I think smells very soft, slightly powdery, feminine and sexy.

Amongst the soft, fluffiness of this scent there's a freshness which presumably is the grapefruit but on my skin it's not harsh, as it seems to be on some of the other reviewers. It just adds a shot of freshness to the sweet, woodsy powderiness and makes the perfume smell soft and clean. On my skin I also don't really detect the smokiness or spiciness that some other women smell in it, and I definitely think it's far more womanly than being unisex! Oh, and, again unlike what some other reviewers have said (sorry, I don't disagree with everything though!!) I think it's soft enough, and not overpowering in any way, to be worn anytime - day, afternoon or night! It manages to be demure yet sexy at the same time so it could work well anytime.

The only slightly annoying thing about this perfume is that it doesn't come in a bigger bottle, but then I've noticed that, for some strange reason, all of Avon's perfumes only go up to 50ml (1.70z) sizes. They really need to start doing bigger bottles!

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

I love this fragrance. Very woodsy and lightly floral. Somewhat light and powdery too. Soo not my usual type I go for but I tried a sample and just had to have it. Looking forward to getting my 3rd bottle. If I'm honest something in it reminds me of colouring crayons? Not sure why but its a good thing. Really lasts well so be careful how much you spray. Also as another reviewer said becareful not to get it on clothes as it willl stay there for ages after washing them.

lavenderic
lavenderic

Love this perfume ,is considers a strong scent,when wearing this scent i always get compliments even from strangers.Stays forever on your cloths so be careful not to spray alot.

vanessa_bra
vanessa_bra

The first avon that I earned and the worst smell I've ever felt, a bouquet floral powdery that gave me a lot of headache

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Great parfum, exotic and strong. The best of Avon.

finanna
finanna

I got a generous sample in a swap so my review is based on three wearings. This is the first Avon I've tried and I am positively surprised by the quality. It has good projection (going strong 4h after application) and lasts good 8h on me.

Unfortunately this is pure grapefruit hell on me. The cypress& magnolia accords are beautiful, but the grapefruit note is STRONG and surprisingly longlasting. Worth trying if you like grapefruit-floral-woody scents. I strongly dislike grapefruit (to put it mildly) so this is not for me. But at least it reduced my Avon prejudices.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

When first applied, Herve Leger has a pronounced, unpleasant smoke note, almost like cigarette smoke. Thankfully, that fades quickly, and it becomes a dark floral. I feel the magnolia the most. Soon, it begins to warm and the wood and benzoin take center stage. A sweet powdery vanilla is in the background, with a dustiness that must be cypress. Once it gets to this stage, I like it very much.

Longevity is about 4 hours on my skin before it's only faintly detectable. Sillage is soft, except just after spraying.

Thanks to AddictedToLife for sending me a decant! I am going to try your suggestion of wearing it over something vanilla--I think that will be gorgeous!

Regina Weaver
Regina Weaver

A pleasant surprise as it's very unusual from Avon. Definitely woodsy-powdery, which is my favorite combination. Benzoin has a sweet, warm and a bit of vanilla-like aroma, which is a great counterweight to the slight hint of grapefruit as well as the green notes like cypress. Unique and satisfyingly long-lasting (compared to other Avon products).
(BTW I heard someone say that it's similar to Eau des Merveilles, but I can't confirm it because I haven't smelled that perfume yet.)

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

Its so unusual and fresh, i didnt like it at first, but then i tryed wearing it more often and i like it, sometimes i mix it with vanilla oil, and gives it a nice warmth

kalinda323
kalinda323

Just got my bottle today...and its beautiful! Soft, refined, elegant. Makes me feel special :)

tamstar
tamstar

i love herve so much! i dropped my bottle & damaged it & it wont spray anymore, i can get some drops out if i tip it upside down...there is nearly half left! ugh!!! i ordered 2 more bottles, love it so much!

amy1983
amy1983

This was marked down,so I got it. This smells like a sweaty,unwashed person,wearing dirty clothes. The pink juice is attractive,but that's the only thing I like about it. I thought it would be woodsy,but I didn't get that at all. For me,this perfume just doesn't make sense.

dimplesg
dimplesg

Spicy, woody, musky and sensual all in a bottle.

I really like this fragrance. It reminds me so much of Sensuous by Estee Lauder which I love only Sensuous has a bit more of a richer scent.

Definitely worth the price (got it on special offer) and definitely my type of sophisticated scent.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I knew I would love this scent. It's an easy pretty woody-floral, with a nice cypress note making it that bit different.
I really don't feel much of a vanillic quality to this, the benzoin isn't that predominant on me. What I feel is the soft magnolia, woody note and cypress. Very nice fragrance and a steal from Avon.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Still forming an opinion on this one. I bought it (when it was on sale) based on the rave reviews here, and the fact that several of the notes work on me. It started out spicey (someone else said pink pepper, and I agree--I got peppery notes; and I've been sneezing!--even though that's not listed). Then it quickly died down to almost nothing; now it is lingering gently with a vanilla-powder scent with a touch of woodines that is almost like hazelnut (I know, weird). That's what a smell on my wrist. I also spritzed my torso, so when I move I get whiffs of amber/musk as well wafting up on occaison. To me, the sillage is low--I have to press my nose to my wrist to smell it; but as I said, it does waft up from my clothes. It's been on me for about 3 hours and there is a faint (but not neccesarily fading) fragrance still present. I did put several spritzes on this morning (2-3, followed by 2-3 more spritzes after 30 min when I felt it first start to fade); I should have brought the bottle to work.

Yesterday, I spritzed this on a tissue and smelled musky, vanilla-floral with almost tobacco-smokey undertones; it was still on the tissue when I got home 12 hours later. The fragrance is very different on my skin than on the tissue; I wonder if this might have better sillage and better longevity if I spritzed my hair and clothes.

I'm not entirely dissapointed, but was hoping for a stronger scent that worked better with my chemistry.

EDIT: It definitely starts with a tobacco smoke note in the very beginning, then on to peppery (possibly thats the citrus that I smell), and then on to vanilla woods. It dries down to a very faint ambery-woody-vanilla that is pleasant. I think I'll keep it, especially since I think it will be an even better as it starts to cool down this fall.

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

The first thing I notice is the blonde woody smell I get from this, I don't think that their is any knida of woood so their you go. Its a very elegent more muture smell. With slight soft floral and slight sweetness. Unfornately with most Avon perfume this did end up with short silage and alcholic smell after awhile. But mostly nice!

missyumyum
missyumyum

I guess it's just me but all I can smell is pink pepper that's all, strange enough it's not even a listed not honestly I don't smell any other note nothing it's not to my taste a bit to spicy for me

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This starts out lovely on my skin, alot like Estee Lauder sensuous, slightly smoky magnolia, benzoin, honey and musk but unfortunately within minutes I get thick nauseating bubblegum. I have parted with my gift-set.

Loabud
Loabud

Benzoin, cypress, woods and some floral (magnolia), are the only four notes that I can identify.
It opens with cypress and benzoin very strong, then the cypress gets softer, and gives way for floral and woody notes, then we still have a strong benzoin, woods and floral that lasts until the scent disappears.
It is a scent a little strong for a morning, I think it is ideal for afternoon and evening.
The longevity is impressive (for an Avon), my skin takes about 8-9 hours, which is normal for an EDP, but not for Avon.

avonman
avonman

AVONS' Herve Leger Femme is simply stunning,the opening is fresh..pink grapefruit,and slightly sweet..vanilla,but the Magic happens once Femme transitions into the honeyed woods note that makes this eau de parfum sooo intoxicating and addictive,the bottle itself is also beautiful,representing Herve Legers' signature bandage dress,Femme is one of my personal favorites...Paris chic in a bottle!!

Liene
Liene

One of the best perfumes from Avon in my opinion.
Quite bold wood with some touch of sweetness is main characteristics of Herve Leger Femme. The sweetness at the beginning is floral and it turns creamy and smokey in drydown, also strong benzoin notes appear. Cypress note on my skin opens only in warm circumstance or when having some kind of physical exertion, but as told before this fragrance is all about wood. Although all notes blend beautifully there is not much sophistication in the aroma, it is quite bold and rather loud but not in a cheap way, so perfect companion for random dressing up or playing femme fatale. Actually it is quite unique fragrance.
Sillage is not very strong, staying power is around six hours (four to six hours it is quite strong, six to eight it is still there) and longer on clothes, but it is not worth it as Herve Leger Femme opens way more interesting on skin.

It's always interesting to see how differently perfumes play out on different people's skin and according to their nose. To me, HERVE LEGER FEMME is a floriental with a very strong benzoin presence. It opens smoothly and deliciously and dries down almost as a light benzoin skin scent with a touch of woodiness. I do not detect magnolia at all, to be honest.

Anyone who loves benzoin will surely like this composition. It has a seductive quality which is at once simple yet appealing, like the glimmer of shiny brass candlestick. I am not sure that I need to acquire a full bottle of HERVE LEGER FEMME, since I already have some good benzoin-centric perfumes, but I have enjoyed wearing this sample.

hannie5
hannie5

I had previously owned this beautiful fragrance but along with a few other Avon scents had to give it away. I loved the samples I received but sadly, once I ordered the bottle, it just didn't mix well with me at all. But at least I made another woman happy and it smelled great on her. Very innovative bottle design by Herve Leger in conjunction with Avon!

Is used to have Animale Temptation and I think they smell very alike!

today is my first time wearing this and i do like it. it lasts incredibly long on me too. this reminded me of something when i first put it on and i couldn't place it. but, i've come to the conclusion that this (to my nose) smells like a light version of jontue. this is crisp and light and florally. then it gets a little sharpness from the wood and cypress notes (in a good way). i only get a hint of the citrus and really don't find the vanilla in this, but to me its just fine and sophisticated. i just love the staying power. i've had this one for over 5 hrs and it still smells fresh.

JessiMaiyasmommy
JessiMaiyasmommy

it literally makes me smell like a grandma in an insulting stereotypical way.....no im not insulting grandmas i love mine very much....someone told me i smell like their grandma i said oh u like her perfume he said no dude u smell old i was like wow....it doesnt work with my body chemistry a all

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This is a scent that really pleasantly surprised me, and I love when perfumes do that.

I actually enjoyed this perfume enough to purchase a full bottle a while ago, and at its bargain price, it's definitely worth it.

HLF starts out with a semi-sharp citrus blast and a distinct spiciness. The creaminess of the magnolia and the orange blossom compliment this very well.

In the dry down there is a wispy hint of sweet and smooth vanilla and a spicy, woodsy scent.

HLF has a cologne edge to this scent throughout, and it smells very unisex to me.

This fragrance isn't really an overly warm one, but it is cozy and has very interesting little nuances to it.

I would have liked a little more vanilla in here, but it's very pretty, even with just a small touch of it.

HLF has good longevity on my skin, lasting upwards of 6 hours. And for the first 3-4 hours it boasts excellent sillage too.

This perfume is a little gem.

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

Smokey woods. Unusual. Smells expensive. I liked it and it felt good to wear but wouldn't say it's a favourite.

Gabriela
Gabriela

I dont entirely dislike this fragrance, and it does not smell cheap at all, but its not sophisticated either...

On me, it smells woody and smoky, lightly floral. During drydown, it goes slightly powdery and kind of dusty.

I cant help it, but when I wear it I think I smell like I have just smoked a cigarette, it doesnt smell bad, I enjoy this particular smoky scent...maybe its the benzoin note that is doing this?

I didnt get any vanilla or grapefruit. There is nothing creamy or fruity in this one...

The bottle is to die for, just lovely and so chic! Reminiscent of Herve Leger famous bandage dresses..

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

veeery woodsy, i can t barely smell anything else, than the woods ! the opening is fine, fresh and a bit sweet due the magnolia but then: far tooo woody, even a bit mossy to my nose.
i m missing something floral or juicy... where is the jasmine and the vanilla gone on me? :( hmmm strange perfume, maybe it's my chemistry, it doesn t work for me unfortunately. to me this could easely be a male fragrance. it seems to work very well on others by reading the bunch of glorious reviews about it !
now the woodsy notes are very nice powdery and creamy, it could be nice underlayered with another perfume, which one hasn t such a intense basenote to add some depht... bottle very nice. i also own the été version, which one is quite richer an nicer on me.

dianthus
dianthus

It's a scent soft like purple angora fabric scarf:). First gentle whif is litlle citrusy but immediately turns into decided floral wave. This is something between lilac/magnolia (they are simmilar a little for me) and jasmine - althought most of this things are not present in the composition. When this flowery stage calms down (but last gently still) vanilla takes the leading. All stages are smoked by woody feeling, this makes it so cosy and elegant I think. I couldn't resist similarity to DVB Intimately and kind of "gentle Pure Poison" expressions. Very feminie and quite longlasting composition. This is not kind of my personal feminity but I like it on my friends :)

ElenaBostan

Herve Leger is one of my favorite perfumes and also most noted by those around me. Everybody ask me what perfume I`m wearing. I love floral but woody but at the same time. which obviously makes a noticeable fragrance. I started the fourth bottle.

radhiah.sukor
radhiah.sukor

it's so light,citrus,fresh and floral :) <3 love it.i had smelled it yesterday.it's so sexy and elegant.love it!

kasiagrygny
kasiagrygny

I Fully agree with PAr. Its too strong and just not great smelling. For the price, its a rip off to me. BLAH very disappointed

Par
Par

I am writing a comment on the perfume HERVE LEGER FEMME AVON Eau de parfum 50 ml. I read many good and positive reviews on this perfume on the net and i was really excited to buy it becoz actually its on sale 50% from the avon brochure. I went with my avon representative to the avon shop to try a sample. Let me tell u that ive been really DISAPPOINTED when i smell it. It is a very STRONG perfume which has a STRANGE kind of smell! I am someone who likes strong perfumes with lasting power but this perfume has made me nauseous and im confident that if i wear that perfume for a long drive, i am going to puke for sure! When i returned back home, i went to wash my hands first thing to remove that perfume becoz i cant stand the smell of that perfume! I washed my hands SEVERAL times with gelwash and even then, i could still smell that weird smell on my hands!!!!!!!

Now im not going to rely on any comment that i read on the net. Its good to have an opinion from different persons using a product but my advice to u gals is to never 'BUY A PERFUME WITHOUT TRYING A SAMPLE OR TESTER'. If i had bought that perfume, i would really regret it and im sure i would have got rid of it! Instead ive bought eternal magic Avon Eau de Toilette which is a sweet perfume, its very similar to hypnose lancome. If u like hypnose, u are going to like it for sure.

verylux
verylux

I love the bottle with the bandage design, it looks so elegant ..I had to get my hands on this after experiencing a sample of the fragrance as it's exactly my kind of perfume, it's a 'woody floral scent' and I can smell vanilla in there, it's lovely!

Ebonylove
Ebonylove

Very surprising considering that it is from Avon. On me the spice dies down quickly but it remains woody till the end with a soft vanilla kick. The florals well I can't seem to find them but that's what I love about this fragrance. Found it on Amazon dirt cheap.

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

I wanted to like this perfume so badly but, unfortunately, we just don't get along. =( I'm glad I decided to try a sample of this before purchasing a whole bottle. On me, it was very floral and all I could smell was magnolia (not good because I don't like florals much) and could not smell vanilla at all. I could not see myself wearing this anywhere except maybe to work (I didn't find it deep or sexy at all) and even then, I feel like it would nauseate people around me. Too synthetic and too floral for me. It's giving me a headache so I have to go shower it off.

This smells spicy, sweet and woody to me, in that order. This is a warm fragrance and not at all what I was expecting from the pink color and written description. I don't get a lot of florals or vanilla from this, but they are here in very small amounts. I would classify this as a woody spicy oriental, if there is a such a thing.

pansylady
pansylady

Femme is unusual in that it is one of the few fragrances containing orange blossom in which this note does not dominate and take center stage!

On me, this fragrance is all woods with just a few flowers- reminiscent of Cachet by Prince Matchabelli- the dry down is very pleasant-

A nice autumn fragrance- suitable for day or evening, any occasion-

lara0905
lara0905

Avon finally opened succesfully the new dimension of scents.:)
Herve Leger Femme opens with slightly spiced, almost green toned bergamott aroma on me( I cannot detect any grapefruit), the cypress clearly detectable in the first minutes. In the heart sandal comes with deep, sweet vanilla aroma. I'd like to categorize this scent as an oriental-woody vanilla fragrance on me. The orange-flower and the benzoin join just in the drydown-they makes the scent deep, complex and creamy.

This perfume is an unusual composition from Avon, well balanced, easy wearable woody-oriental without edgy notes.

I used to be an expensive, designer brand snob. I would look down upon all things Avon, thinking they were of lesser quality. Over the last few years I've been proven wrong, and Herve Leger Femme is no exception.

The moment I spritzed on Herve Leger Femme I got a strong hint of orange blossom soap. The vanilla was very subtle, with this fragrance resembling something quite flowery and clean.

There's a whisper of sweetness in this composition, however for the most part, Herve Leger Femme is soap and nothing more. In the heart, this fragrance took on a buttery white floral feel, mostly brought about by the magnolia and benzoin counteracting with one another.

It' not necessarily an oriental vanilla, perhaps more of a floral, but I do get a lot of vanilla in the drydown which is pleasing to say the least. It's not a unique scent, but it is generally pretty and wearable. The buttery and creamy texture that this fragrance exudes makes it so much more appealing.

I find it a good all-season fragrance, very inoffensive and versatile. The lasting power on my skin was relatively impressive. I must say that I quite like Herve Leger Femme and I wouldn't have any objections to receiving this as a gift.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

They were having a draw to win at the mall and i tested this fragrance out. I could figure out what it smelled it.. untill i finally read the comment about the woodsy vanillic smell. It s nearly the same as "wish of peace" which is available for a couple of dollars. Not worth it. though i do like both smells, it s got horrible longevity as well. I think avon got caught being sneaky..

melbritt24

May I add...this is listed under the oriental vanilla group but its def in the woody chypre family!

mystica
mystica

This is very good for Avon. (Some 15-20 years ago Avon was doing good fragrances but today we unfortunately have to use that phrase "good for Avon" if we come across something a little bit distinctive in its range, sigh.)

Herve Leger Femme is a balmy and comforting oriental. Slightly woody in dry down, it has a good longevity. On me and to my nose it has a good sillage also, but I am not sure if it's enough detectable to others as well.

Insolent
Insolent

Not great staying power (and this comes from someone who doesn't like smelling strongly of perfume) but aside from that it's all good. Very unusal. As with Absynthe, there are spice and wood elements without it being unisex or very strong and middle-aged.

SamanthaSam
SamanthaSam

not a avonish smell, very sophisticated and luxurious!

For a while I thought I like it, because it's more on the heavy and oriental side. But after test-spraying several samples I found it too strong and it was getting in my nerves. The staying power is not so good. I like Herve Leger Rose much more and am curious about Herve Leger Ete :)

dlb4ever
dlb4ever

Love it! Even my father, who isn't into fragrances, went in for another hug after telling me I smelled really good while wearing this! I've gotten several compliments on this one. It kind of reminds of Este Lauder Sensuous,with their sweet woods. (I don't own Sensuous but have sampled it and like it too) I'm already on the look out for the summer edition of Herve Leger. (stalking my Avon rep for samples, ha)

melbritt24

The cypress-woodsy combo makes this a very dry fragrance. But the magnolia keeps it feminine. VERY SEXY! Recommended for first dates (if you're really into him)!!!

If you like this scent, you may also like Frederick's of Hollywood signature fragrance with Egyptian jasmine and mandarin, Patchouli and Oriental spice, Sandalwood, sensual suede, and cashmere musk! Also a very seductive and alluring scent!

Mariame
Mariame

YES I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS .IT IS VERY GOOD.
WOODY AND SWEET AND MINTY AT THE SAME TIME.

ShalimarMoon
ShalimarMoon

This one of those few perfumes that I hated at first, then fell in love with. On first sniff I thought it was overwhelmingly sweet. Honeyed woods emerged on drydown, but I still didn't like it. But then my husband surprised me by asking what I was wearing. He loved it. I put it away, then something made me try it again. Still didn't quite like it. But then, for whatever reason -- who the heck knows how the scent-loving part of our brain works -- I began to like it. Then love it. It feels like a two-note abstraction to me, yet oddly satisfying. Warm-sweet-wood comfort that loves skin. It's a scent that becomes part of me rather than sitting on my body as if I were a pedestal for a work of art. Very wearable.

twillocks
twillocks

This is not bad for Avon. I like the cypress at the end and it is soft as well. different.

lisawaters1
lisawaters1

I reviewed this perfume a little while back as a guest but I love the web site so much that' I've since become a member. I am an Avon rep. and must say that I've never found any Avon scent that was anything but pure skunk stench, on me. Blech! But, I fell in love with the picture when it first came out, the bottle was lovely, the model was lovely, the background very attractive, etc. I thought "what the heck, I can always send it back if it's skunky on me, too, like all the rest of them". Still love this wonderful scent, and as a rep. I'm glad to say "it's Herve Leger" when people ask me what I'm wearing.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

It is many years since I have liked any of Avon's perfumes. The 60's & 70's were great (Wishing, Cotillion, Somewhere, Here's my Heart, To a Wild Rose, Topaze were the favourites of me, my sister & Mum & we were all reps. at some stage.) It was with some trepidation I bought this on ebay but it is a really pleasant soft perfume without the cheap harshness of most of Avon's modern offerings. Magnolia note is very obvious, as is the gentle vanilla. I will have no trouble wearing this on cooler days. The seller also sent me a shower gel & body lotion so I can layer! Bargain! I think the bottle is pretty too. I would give this a 6.5 out of ten; it doesn't quite make a wow factor.

Edit: I wrote this review in March 2011; now nearly a year later in the process of moving house I "re-discovered" this bottle and was quite surprised at its similarity to Jasper Conran Woman which I wear often in the hot weather. Herve Leger Femme has a slightly more coconutty nuance, but I like it very much. It really falls down on the longevity though, only about an hour on my skin which is noticeable, then only a faint scent if I put my nose to my wrist. Shame!

deannab10
deannab10

Harve Leger Femme...why have I fallen in love with you? You are not floral or fruity or luscious on me at all. You are smoky, woody, smoldering and sexy with just a hint of vanilla sweetness...nice.

I think I will have to buy a bottle of you ;)

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

I fell in love with the bottle first. To me, it looked like a well-made, french perfume; something you maybe would buy in an upscale clothing boutique. The light pink scent in the crystal bottle looks shimmering on my vanity; classy and elegant. The fragrance is soft, a powdery-vanilla in the lightest sense, but it turns into something much more than that...the scent of fairy-angels flying through a magical wood. I love it. It's beautiful.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Pure floral to me as I cannot detect the slightest vanilla accord here.
It is soft, very pleasant, magnolia and orange flower on a white woodsy base.
Sheer fragrance without screaming. Appropriate for spring and summer days.
To me - very likeable but if you like to mark your territory, Herve Leger will not get you down on your knees.
The quality, however, is great, probably one of the best Avon's creations :-)
Projection is nice, the fragrance is not flat.
Well worth trying if you're into soft florals!!!

me2nour
me2nour

Well,,, I didn't like it at all :((
I was very disappointed when I bought it depending on reviews then find it unworthy,,, it smells so cheap!! comparing to designers perfumes,, my husband has an old perfume that i really hate & smells like this one's silage on y skin exactly,,, yuck

truffles
truffles

Agree completely with the first reviewer, Rainmood.
This one is an aftershave and a minger!

xanman
xanman

Was given a sample of this from a friend who just became an Avon rep.Wanted to buy it based on the positive reviews and to help my pal out.I normally don't wear Avon perfumes as they inevitably always make me queasy and give me a headache That aside, I do love Haiku,Rare pearls and Sweet Honesty on other women. Unfortunately, Herve Ledger Femme has the same nauseating effect on me as do all the Avon perfumes. The opening was far too strong and went straight up my sinuses. Common sense would indicate a good scrub down of the offending potion, but I fought the urge as its never fair to judge a perfume on its initial squirt as alot of great fragrances are offending-initially that is. As time wore on it mellowed but I stil felt queasy wearing this one. Faith Hill's 2009 perfume had the same sickening effect on me,and I noticed both of these perfumes contain Caribean Magnolia,hmm? Finally,its approximately 3 hours after application and this fragrance is barely there-and now is strangely reminiscent of another scent I am not fond; Cacharels 'Anais Anais" That being the final nail in the coffin, I am resigned to just buying and enjoying good, affordable Avon cosmetics, leaving the perfumes to those on whom it actually smells good on.

icekat
icekat

HERVE LEGER for femme is elegance in the bottle. This fragrance features beautiful magnolia and wood notes. I find most woodsy notes short lived and too light for me but the woods in this fragrance are gorgeous and long lasting but yet not overpowering or too strong. This is a mature fragrance perfect for business meetings as well as casual dinner and drinks after work. I cannot wear many fragrances to the office but this one fits perfectly. I feel elegant and sophisticated when I wear it. It has presence and character but it is not too strong.

The opening is definitely showcasing magnolia. I love magnolia with its regal and sophisticated character. It is accented here by light citrus aroma of grapefruit. The heart notes bring this beautiful wood scent mixed with earthy tone of African orange flower. The dry down is creamy and smooth with benzoin mixed with just a touch of vanilla. The cypress adds extra dimension with woody tones to the dry down.

I would classify this as Floral Woody Vanilla. I do feel that wood notes play an important role in this perfume. I would not classify this perfume as overly complicated but it is well done and well balanced. Sillage is medium. It is not overpowering but not skin scent either. The longevity is decent – about 6 to 7 hours. Avon did marvelous job with this one.

misssy9
misssy9

It doesnt smell like an Avon`s fragrence.It is way too classy.It is very similar to Eau des Merveiles by Hermes somehow.Very very very good one!The best from Avon so far

guest_lisa
guest_lisa

I am an Avon representative and I have never been able to stand any of Avon's perfumes and colognes.

Then along came this Herve Leger Femme and I was very happy! I fell in love with it while it was still on the page, and I ordered it(although with some slight trepidation, as I had ordered Avon perfumes before and had always been disappointed)and when I put it on, I was quite taken with it. Still am.

It sits on my table with my Shalimar, Casimir, Hanae Morri and my Hypnotic Poison.

Love this perfume.

hapa
hapa

I have just received this and am wearing it at present. In many ways it is a standard floral, woody musk with vanilla and very powdery. Elegant but not extraordinary is how I was going to describe it. As the day has worn on I have been sniffing my wrist and slowly falling in love with this. It is a bit more complex than the notes would reflect. There is something about it that is classic and, as much as I hate to use this term, old-fashioned. It is comforting though and I am thinking I will be topping up my initial purchase with eBay finds.

It is well worth seeking this out and giving it a test. I feel it isn't the type of fragrance that changes your life but rather one that reinforces the already good things about it.

perfumegirl
perfumegirl

have purchased this from my avon rep and its the best fragrance that avon have done so far ! very designer very sexy scent the scent starts off quite strong but changes to settle as a warm musky cashmere scent which is gorgeous ! plenty of staying power this scent has it in bucketloads ! feels luxurious and expensive .. i bought this for twenty quid in avon and you get a free gift box worth 18 quid with that you get a purse spray in a nice silver container a herve leger shower gel which i think avon need to sell on the page for bath and shower gels because when you use the shower gel it has the most amazing scent that lingers on your skin a beautiful cashmere scent its very sexy smelling ! and along with the shower gel you get a body lotion , which is great if you layer your products .. i hope avon add to the herve leger range soon !!!

gigiletta
gigiletta

very romantic and feminen,reminds me givenchy fleur interdit,same woody notes,soft magnolia very long lasting

Beautiful fragrance! A quite woodsy, this parfum makes you fells more strong and full of power.
Stay on your skin for many hours and you can wear at nigth or day.

guest_SarahSharkbait
guest_SarahSharkbait

Seriously!!! Its the best I have ever worn.
Something so invigorating since the little black dress from AVON!
Seriously I loved it so much, that when it was first featured in the catalouge I ordered and did the best review ever.... can be found on my offical channel... youtube.com/greeneyedmonster666
Much love
Sarah :)

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

This starts off as a nice, unoffensive floral, but as time goes by the woodsy notes and cypress take center stage more and more. I really enjoy the fragrance that this becomes. Because of the woodsy and cypress notes that mingle with the hint of sweetness, I can't stop sniffing my wrist.

Interesting that this is listed as an oriental vanilla, I would categorize it as a woody floral.

guest_Lynsey
guest_Lynsey

I love this perfume. I spray it on all the time! I love Avon perfumes, but I think this might be my new favourite Avon perfume!

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

sweet in the very beginning, interesting after that.. but gone in half an hour, before you can really start forming an opinion.. my skin does indeed retain fragrances poorly, but this has no staying power whatsoever.

guest_Me Julie
guest_Me Julie

I adore this perfume... being a rep I have had the perfume bottle for a month now and its half empty! I am spraying it on at every opportunity..
Love it love it love it

Herve Leger Femme by Avon 3.50 out of 5 based on 357 ratings and 93 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Herve Leger Femme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Herve Leger Femme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Herve Leger Femme by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Herve Leger Femme by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.