Designers » A » Oriental « Groups

Imari Seduction Avon for women

Imari Seduction Avon for women
dislike

Imari Seduction Avon for women Pictures Imari Seduction Avon for women Pictures

Imari Seduction by Avon is a Oriental fragrance for women. Imari Seduction was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Harry Fremont. The fragrance features plum, amber, musk, orchid and vanilla.

Plum Amber Musk Orchid Vanilla

Treselle Seduction
Midnight Heat
Nuits de Noho

Imari Seduction Fragrance Reviews

sygrid29
sygrid29

this is almost nice but it just seems to evaporate on my skin as fast as 3 minutes and its completely gone. why? imari mystique is way better than this one but unfortunately its discontinued. i wish this lasted for hours just like most of fellow fragranticans.

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Amazing longevity 8+ hours on my dry olive complexion that doesn't hold em long! Sillage is close to skin. This smells exactly like ARMANI DIAMONDS on side by side testing n actually lasts MUCH MUCH LONGER so amazing n at a mere fraction of price! WOW-WOW-WEEEEE!!!! Gonna start hoarding for sure!!! Also smells a little like GUCCI INTENSE n a sweeter version of Armani Si. IMHO of course! ;-)

cmlee22
cmlee22

love this fragrance. it's sooooooooo yummy! my bf hates the musk in it... but i don't care! it's just a great perfume at a great price.

PinkPlaid
PinkPlaid

This is seductively sweet, bold, and exotic fragrance. Although this was intended to be linear, the notes play each other up really well to highlight a particular quality contributing to the composition's overall character. The amber & vanilla keeps the plum, which is the most dominant note remaining intensive from opening until dry down, from getting too "fruity" sweet. I also love the hint of exoticism that the orchid note evokes. And there is something that might not be listed here which anchors the whole composition perfectly. It is a bit dry, woody, POTPOURRI like which gives this potion that ORIENTAL vibe. While it has a bit of similarity with Coco Mademoiselle, I definitely prefer Imari Seduction over Coco Mademoiselle because I don't get that rancid & nauseating note Coco Mademoiselle has. An expensive smelling perfume for a fraction of a price. Longevity is pretty good for an eau de toillete with up to 6 hours on my skin. Sillage is also good within arms length. It's another KEEPER from Avon. Highly recommended...

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

I have to highly recommend & praise a United Kingdom Ebay seller who stocks Imari Seduction, so grateful. Treselle Seduction was the uk twin sister version but was discontinued a few years back. Imari Seduction is a beautiful, elegant & sexy with a sweet powdery plum with musk and tempting warm vanilla the powdery dry down leaves a lingering comfort blanket but it doesn't have the patchouli note that Treselle had. Seduction is a well structured scent & has the makings of a designer scent so sensual, bold & mysterious. The compliments come rolling in plus sillage is amazing on me, i can honestly say it lasts all day so ideal for painting the town red of a evening. My favourite Avon scent by far, so now i am going to stock up & enjoy the Imari Seduction range and praise Avon for doing a good job. Maybe Avon America could have a word with Avon UK & bring this scent back.

spritzedsilly
spritzedsilly

This is a sexy plummy , vanilla. I find it rich, sweet and the epitome of purple smells. I love it. I think the longevity is actually decent too
A minimum of 6 hours on me. It isn't one of those loud perfumes though. Arms length is about it.
Love, love , love it . I think it is great for cooler weather.

I can't for the life of me see how this is comparable to Fantasy.

teadrinker
teadrinker

I have to say, I really was pleasantly surprised by this scent. I wasn't expecting to like it- I almost never like "sensual" scents. But this really is quite nice. The notes are hard to pin down, but there are some fruity notes and some darker amber-type notes. They mix well, and I found this to be very wearable. I can definitely see the similarities to Fantasy, which I have purchased and enjoy. I didn't find the longevity on this to be very good, and I probably won't personally buy it again, because I prefer Fantasy, but it is overall a nice, workable scent.

polly golightly
polly golightly

patchouli e prugna! ottimo!

erawiel
erawiel

This is a thick blanket of seductive, yet comforting purpleness. To me, there is no top note, no dry down, it's a one liner that doesn't need more complexity than that, as I can't seem to get tired of it.
I don't smell a note that pops out more than the others, it's all blended to perfection.
I'd suggest to spray lightly, and on colder days. It can quickly become overwhelming- so people that easily get headaches should be careful with that one. That juice is potent. Sillage is very noticeable, and longevity... wow. To put it simply, it will smell untill you scrub it off. At least that's my experience; I had it for way over 24 hours once and had to rub rub rub for it to go away. Which is impressive for any perfume, but even more for one with a price like that!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Among newer Avon releases, this one stands for quality. I can easily imagine myself wanting to wear Imari seduction in the years to come, and keeping my little purse spray bottle handy!

As to fragrance notes, there are more than Avon lists. This is typical of Avon, so I won't spend time complaining! It should be noted that the opening accords are quite suggestive - in general aura - of Armani Code. I say this because they both have the same kind of cool, metallic vibe. Shortly after, Imari smells more purple and plummy, strongly resembling Euphoria.

To my mind, Imari Seduction is like a perfect cross between the two! It is neither as sweet as Euphoria or as cool as Armani Code. And if you look closely, you can also see that that there is more than a hint of Armani Code stylization in the design of Imari's packaging.

In conclusion, there's a lot to love in this recent Avon release. If you dislike metallic openings, perhaps you should try the matching scented powder and skin softener. Neither of these capture any metallic vibe whatsoever - they go straight for the warm and plummy notes. :)

Speaking of "plummy" notes - these are less like jam and much MORE like sweet pipe tobacco.... utterly irresistible!

Five stars.

YogaRose
YogaRose

Most complimented top 3.......I like it personally....but I still find it overpowering and it gives me a headache at times, but it is due to it's SILLIAGE and longevity which ironically is a very good thing too. Maybe other strong souls can handle this better then my weakling self.

I believe it's the orchid that does this and it does not have my typical "feel good" notes but yet....I like it. Maybe it's the plum and the amber...and the compliments. They are like stiletto heels....uncomfortable yet amazing. Also like a rebellious teenage daughter....you can't stand her sometimes, but you love her anyway. (I haven't been a mom to teenager yet by the way...but it seems like it)

I just have to use it when I feel fresh, not stuffy.

It's easily on my top 5 most complimented perfumes ever and it does have a beautiful, elegant, scent reminiscent of more expensive ones like Narciso Rodriguez...and yes, you can easily tell someone it is Narciso Rodriguez as the quality is that good.

kmcgrath
kmcgrath

From the description, this sounded like something I should like, because I love plum, amber, musk, and vanilla. While there was a warm fruitiness that was pleasant, overall, it smells cheap to me.

iseuhmeegeul
iseuhmeegeul

those who knew the complete notes pls. list them here tnx so much in advance.

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

This is a very sweet plummy vanilla floral on me.
I get some kind of spice in the background as well. Over all this is very pretty, but far to fruity sweet for me and not enough floral. It is very strong and lasts all day. My daughter loves this, so it is hers now. I will keep the skin softener for myself though, I liked it better than the fragrance itself.

I wish Imari blossom was listed - I love that one.

morphoeugenia
morphoeugenia

Luckily I did not purchase this perfume blind, because I did not like it after wearing it from some samples. There was something stale and nauseating in the scent that I can't pinpoint. It made me think of perfume from 1985 that's gone off. Imari Blossom is much more my style, and smells wonderful on me.

Tyreka89
Tyreka89

I have this perfume...I only got a few drops left in the bottle and I be glad when its empty...The scent is ok just not something I would be willing to spend money on again.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

The 'snobby' perfumista in me really didn't want to like this...and was almost looking forward to leaving a terrible review hahaha.

But alas, that isn't the case. I have a sample of this and decided to try it this morning. 4 hours later, the smell is still lingering.

I definitely agree with other reviewers about this being reminiscent of Euphoria, however the plum notes are much sweeter with this...which I actually enjoy. I've had a couple of bottles of Euphoria and honestly, next time, I'd probably purchase Imari Seduction instead. It's more complex and doesn't smell like typical Avon to me.

The longevity of this has surprised me more than anything else...and unlike the original Imari, I would feel confident wearing this pretty much anywhere.

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

Generally I buy up anything with prominent amber, but I gave this scent a try a few years ago and it has been my all-time favorite ever since. I always get compliments when I wear it and the smell of it makes me feel confident and happy.

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

I like this perfume. Perfect mixture of everything and deff sexy

mommaozzy84
mommaozzy84

I've been wearing this perfume since it first came out. I originally bought it without knowing how it smelled, because the notes intrigued me. Avon had a sale on, buy two perfumes for the price of one. I already had Haiku in my cart (another Avon favorite), and I decided to give this scent a try. I fell in love with this georgeous scent, that smells very "purple" to me. The bottle matches this scent very well. I love the smell of plum & orchid, and I also get the warmth of the vanilla & amber, & just enough musk to make this scent stick around on my skin longer than most Avon scents. I have a large wardrobe of perfumes, so I normally do not repurchase a scent unless it draws me in, and this scent has done just that! Luckily I haven't had to repurchase this one, because my friend got me another bottle for Christmas, but when my bottle gets low, I will be sure to get another. I personally don't like the original Imari, and I have yet to try Imari Mystique, but I definitely plan on it.

adair58
adair58

I am really surprised by Imari Seduction, I thought it would be too sweet and heavy but it's just right.
I don't normally love sweet scents, but this is nice and gentle. A little plum, a little amber, a hint of musk and just the right amount of sweet. I had a purse-sized bottle that I used in the Fall/Winter months and I soon realized how much I liked it when it was empty.

Time to re-order.

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

This is one of two Avon scents that I like. I am not sure 'seduction' suits it, but it is nice. The vanilla notes do not overwhelm this scent, or smell like pee on my skin as vanilla generally does. It is pretty and feminine, but not too strong. There is something casual about this scent, I generally wear this when I am going out in track pants and a tee. It is not complicated, excessively sweet, or strong. The scent stays close to my skin.

themarshmallowdinosaur
themarshmallowdinosaur

I'm only 16. At first I thought this perfume was a little too old for me, but after it settled into my skin it was more young and fruity. I love the sweet smells in it. It does not project very much, but I like the feeling of knowing that only my significant other will smell the special scent.

Thatkid
Thatkid

I am a Scorpio and we are naturally mysterious by nature and when I want to feel mysterious and a little bit sexy, I spray this. It got a dark smells to it.

vanillaface_95
vanillaface_95

of all of my avon perfumes, this one is by far my all time favorite. i absolutly love it.. its so sweet and musky.. im not good at describing perfumes.. but this perfume is hands down my top 'go-to' perfume! AMAZING

fragaddict
fragaddict

Imari Seduction is strong with the initial spray, but the drydown is divine. The base of this is plum and creamy vanilla, yummy! The mid notes are slightly bitter and powdery, but the base makes it all worth it. My hope is that reviewers understand that this is in fact an eau de toilette and doesn't have the strength or the longevity many eau de parfumes have. You will have to refresh this fragrance but layering does help. I consider this far better than the original Imari because I can't get past the aldehydes in that one. I recommend this to oriental lovers who enjoy the plum and vanilla combination in a slighly sophisticated manner. Give this a try, with the matching layering products of course.

lilllady
lilllady

This perfume smells like a dreamy mix of plums and baby powder to me. I don't really smell the vanilla, but the baby powder gives the same sweet affect. I like this perfume, because it doesn't have a strong scent. It does when you first put it on, but then it sinks into that perfect "smell it when they're next to you or walking past you" power.

loonad
loonad

blindbought this one as the seller offered combined shipping on ebay-not at all disappointed.love it.it makes me feel lost in a world where orchids rule.truly a sensuous experience.good for nighttime.and not expensive.well done avon.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I was on the way to take an exam when someone beside me smelled really good----like a mix of TM's Angel and a bit of Wish by Chopard. The girl couldn't possibly have either of the two since we live in the tropics and most people stay away from the megabomb sweetish stuffs. My hunch was telling me that it IS definitely an Avon since it is so light and fleeting, but it was definitely nice on her.

When I got home, I went to the Avon Lady to get a catalog and bought all the rollerballs of possible contenders. It turned out to be Imari Seduction. I cannot wear Angel and I don't like Chopard Wish that much save for the bottle. But now, I can wear a good gourmand that is light and has the staying power of a cologne, which is perfect here in Manila.

This is very nice, both in the EDT and the cream form. The rollerball version is headache inducing and does not give the fragrance justice.

This is a good one and something I'd carry on my purse proudly regardless if it is a cheapo.

busik
busik

Very noble, rich, calm, clearly on the evening. Orchid felt from the beginning to the end, but there is definitely more music.

ggkeller
ggkeller

This was actually the first perfume I bought from Avon.I loved the plum vanilla mixed. I'm glad Avon still sells it, I hope they continue.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I didnt like this at first. But when I let it dry down I could smell the sweet fruits in it. Very classy.

Baby Dior
Baby Dior

Hola Amigos Perfumados
Esto huele a vainilla y alguna fruta morada oscura plum para mi es caliente y dulce perfecto para sentirse confortable cuando llueve o hace frio me gusta muchisimo.

Hello Friends Scented
This smells like vanilla and some fruit for my dark purple plum is hot and perfect sweet to feel comfortable when it rains or it's cold I like a lot.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I really like this scent. It does smell like Euphoria. Though Euphoria is stronger, sweeter, Imari Seduction is the weaker very musky version. Both smell powdery. The main notes I smell in both that make them similar are orchid, vanilla, musk, the plum is really not that noticeable for me. If you really love this scent I suggest you buy Euphoria. Projection power of this is very weak, I sprayed it 5 times all around me & I can barely smell it. Thats the only negative. I will give this a few more days & see how it is.

I thought I would like this better than I did. It wasn't bad, but it didn't stand out enough for me to purchase it. It's very plummy and sweet, but I smelled 90% plum, so it was just too one-dimensional for me. I have John Varvatos parfum, which is loaded with plum, but JV is extremely rich and complex compared to this. I also didn't get any orchid whatsoever, and that was the one note I was really hoping would come out on my skin. I love orchid! Oh well.

rosembloom

If that Euhphoria-like scent remained on me for more than an hour, my like would turn into love but unfortunately, it hardly projects anymore and after an hour, it smells like a fruity soap left on my skin. The notes themselves are wonderful but my skin need those notes to be amped up it seems. All in all , a very likeable scent if you are looking for a Euphoria-like sent sation!

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

This does remind me of Euphoria, but, it smells more like Baby Phat's Fabulosity. Fabulosity and Imari Seduction have nearly all the same notes. Especially, both have that sweet and dry plum note as the predominant.

perhapspersephone

I have been wearing this all day trying to like it. I smell plum, vanilla and musk . I just don't care for it at all. I am just not an oriental kind of girl.

Imari Seduction has no lasting power at all. Within an hour you can barely smell it at all.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Not masculine at all. Sweet plum deep fruity. Love this. I saw the reviews saying this is similar to C.K Euphoria and yes, they are definitely kissing cousins... of the same plummy, orchid, musk lineage.

After I fell in hard love with Estee Lauder's Sensuous Noir, I started trying to figure out what note it was that had me so hooked, and it really is the orchid... I went up and found "Orchid" in the notes section of this website and I swear I own the first 10 frags that show up. I had no idea the orchid was the common denominator and is what draws me.

So there. go check out the Orchid note, see what scents are listed, and you may find yourself as someone also drawn to this note.

For 5 bucks on ebay I also got the deodorant, powder and body lotion. I applied all of them after showering, then sprayed on the perfume (pretty liberally) and it lasted a good 5-6 hours which, for Avon, is waaaay above average longevity I'm sure. So, for less than 20 bucks (2 trips to Starbucks), I'd say this was as good a deal as any out there. Especially when I hate paying full price for the C.K. Euphoria. And for those of you who can't plunk down the cash for CK, I'd say you will be happy to purchase this in the interim.

Nope, nothing masculine about this at all. Orchid and plummy at the top, orchid and vanilla musk during the dry down...very pretty lightly sweet powdery sensual plum at the end. Love it.

Edit: I have found this also to be a "Kissin' Cousin" of BBW's Dark Kiss. I put on the Avon I.S. lotion, powder and deodorant, then spritz some BBW D.K body mist, and voila! I smell awesome today!

perhapspersephone

VERY MASCULINE . Nothing feminine about it at all to. me. At least I did not have to spend a small fortune to find out .

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

A weaker version of CK Euphoria, perhaps, but when you can get (frequently on special) a scented deodorant, body powder, shower gel, body lotion and EDP all for around $14.99 you can spray & layer to your hearts content and you will smell fabulous for a long time. This is a complex scent and it is NOTHING like the original Imari which in my opinion (and my grandmother loved the original which smelled divine on her!, sorry Grammy!...). It is warm, rich, fruity and sensual. I can't wait to get mine in the mail. I am also looking forward to trying the Imari Mystique which I have heard is divine with its' beguiling honey note. Besitos! xo

HazelNicoletti
HazelNicoletti

One of my very first perfumes. Imari seduction is like a weak version of Calvin Klein's Euphoria but it's still lovely. I can definitely detect the orchid, plum, and amber in this. Lovely but weak, and the longevity is about 3-4 hours for me which is pretty decent, although I have to press my nose deeply into my wrist in order to smell the scent so I doubt anyone around me can smell it which is totally fine with me since I feel slightly embarrassed when people around me start sniffing around and asking "Do you smell that?" every five seconds. This perfume (or eau de toilette that I have) isn't my absolute favorite, but I still find it a good nighttime pretty scent, perfect for nighttime dates :)

judeaqua
judeaqua

I bought this one recently because it was readily available with my Avon representative. Its very dilute in concentration but the smell is evolving, complex and multi-faceted like a tiny little diamond. It reminds me of certain other popular scents like Angel, Euphoria, Black XS but only sad part about Imari Seduction is that its a very watered down version of a good scent. I have to get very close to my wrist to detect any scent at all. Or maybe others can smell it better than myself while its on me, I don't know. But what can one expect from a scent that's so inexpensive ? And although its dilute, the overall composition is good. Its sweet and fruity and somewhat masculine, but that only adds slightly more strength of character to the scent. Its sweet, fruity-floral, deep, a bit dark, somewhat sexy. But need to re-apply. The bottle is so compact, I can easily slip it somewhere in my handbag. Not bad.

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

Right when i smelt this i thought i would get used to it.
it has a smell thats stings your nose way to much plum!
i cant smell vanilla just a spicy plum...
not for people 30 n younger

hannie5
hannie5

For me the original Imari Seduction just didn't work with my chemistry but this one is perfect. It does keep reminding me of Calvin Klein's Euphoria which is one of my favorites. That plum and orchid is an awesome match.

lalalala
lalalala

My mom has the regular lotion and when she would wear it it would smell like a lovely spicy, floral plum. So i decided to get both the perfume and the body butter. Unfortunately, with my body chemistry it smells too musky. I still pick up the spicy plummy scent but it can be a bit overbearing the first 15 minutes you have it on. I still do like it but i have to be in the mood to wear.

Lasting power : 3-5 hours

Sillage: 2 hours

Overall: 7/10

Scarlette
Scarlette

Really soft, plush creamy plums. I really need to layer all of the products, or I cannot smell it as much as I like to. When thoroughly layered, is very nice.

Very subtle & very sexy. Like a creamy, soft CK's Euphoria.

Holmar
Holmar

I decided to try Imari Seduction when I saw it on sale in the avon brochure...glad I did, my husband loves this scent on me. Got this in a three piece set that was under $15.00...15ml EDT purse spray,150ml perfumed skin softener & shimmering body powder.I really like oriental-woody scents, this one is fruity-oriental...not usually something I wear...but I really do like it! Wish it came in EDP though...I'll be ordering the 50ml bottle,shower gel & body lotion.The Avon fragrance I like best is Imari Mystique... a beautiful woody/oriental.Not usually a fan of Avon...but,I think they are getting better.

Plum Heaven! to:Anorton1965
You are ever so right! It reminds me ever so much of Lolita Lempika in a very understated way. The sparkly, warm and elegantly fruity scent will indeed be layered with my beloved L.L since the basic notes are in accord. It begins with rich plums and spices, wraps me up in a velvety aroma i find comforting for Wintertime and especially xmas time (imho ) . The vanilla is a warm one- not a scream in your face synthetic syrupy one. The amber and musk are very faint though during drydown. My only disapointment is that it is so faint and short-lasting on me ( I need strong and potent fragrances for them to agree with my chemistry). I love the sensual aura of this fragrance which is awesome for day or night and leaves a clean, slightly soapy sillage on me. All in all, an 8 for a skin fragrance from avon xxxx

ilyn1208

My husband always compliment me everytime i wear this...

ilyn1208

My husband always compliment me everytime i wear this...

Cynicalwish

I've bought John Varvatos lately and I can definitely see the similarity, as Mad-Lainey pointed out.
It has less sillage though, and it's somewhat "less thick" on me than J.V.
J.V smells like a sweet liqueur, probably because of the honey+fruits combo, while I.S. is gentler,and somewhat muskier.

lachacon
lachacon

i bought the smaller bottle. if you don't like girly smells, this is the perfect scent for you. it smells kind of like a mens perfume. i myself didn't like it. i say it's a scent for a more mature lady, say between ages of 28 plus.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Imari is a beautiful combination of plum, orchid and warm amber.
I agree that it shares certain similarities with Coco Mademoiselle.
It also strongly reminds me of John Varvatos signature.
It makes a perfect winter and autumn fragrance; it is rich, sexy and enveloping.
The opening is definitely oriental but after 15 minutes it becomes chypre fruity and stays that way for the next 3 hours.
Considering it is only an eau de toilette, it has a decent staying power, about 5 hours.
The silage is gentle but I do get lovely whiffs for the first 3 hours.
Imari is a great fragrance for a confident and sexy woman.
The bottle cap is tacky.
Overall, 9/10.
Well done, Mr Fremont.

JasmineNikole
JasmineNikole

i never get tired of this scent. smell great to me!

lara0905
lara0905

Yesterday I wore Imari Seduction and perhaps the weather(humid and rainy) was the reason and my chemistry but I really smelt Coco Mademoiselle on me...so it would be nice if I like Coco Mademoiselle but unfortunately I really hate it.:( So I just wanted wash it off .

Otherwise Imari Seduction is a nice scent, perfectly good if you looking for something similar and cheaper alternative of Coco Mademoiselle.

Maybe just my skin chemistry played with me yesterday but I'm afraid that case was the last chance for this fragrance..:(

Nanc
Nanc

The original comes off to masculine on me. Seduction is quite the opposite, much more feminine with the plum vanilla mix!

Kimmycat
Kimmycat

This fragrance is deceiving. It opens on my skin quite strong with a sharp sultry floral. The dry down is a beautiful soft vanilla musky fruity scent. It's not overpowering, just a wonderful fruity/oriental alternative to the usual floral/oriental. Um...oh yeah...and it's easy on the purse strings!

amcleo
amcleo

no es una fragrancia moderna pero huele muy bien

twillocks
twillocks

I love this one too. I guess I quit buying Avon for so long thinking that they are all the same "cheap" that I am in shock! this one is great.

Cynicalwish

I love it! Warm and elegant, it doesn't smell "old lady" on my skin at all.
Even if I haven't smelled TM Angel in a year, as soon as I sprayed Imari S. it reminded me of it, so I might be wrong, but this was my first impression.

beautee
beautee

I've smelt this fragrance in Avon brochures and liked it. Does anyone know if they sell this Fragrance as a EDP? I think the fragrance is to nice to just be sold as a EDT.

mystikfairy
mystikfairy

much more elegant than I imagined a flanker would be. it has just the right amount of sweetness, but the drydown is the best part. very happy to receive this as a gift.

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

Pedi una de estas luego de leer los comenterios aqui vertidos es una fragancia para el invierno esmuy calida y me gusta

Angel10
Angel10

Love this one. Surprisingly good for an el cheapo!

Soft, plummy, creamy, sensual & elegant, far from cheap, and great longevity.

I used up the whole bottle pretty quickly.....it is a good idea to have a few of these that you can spray as often and as liberally as you want....I tend to do this with all of my faves, but I sometimes try to cut perfume 'corners' this way...

Avon has a few surprises like this...Rare Gold is one of their best....now THAT'S a classy one!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I ordered a purse size of this blindly, mainly out of curiosity. There is so much controversy in the reviews here - some think it is similar to Chance (which I don't like), others think it is similar to Gucci (which I greatly dislike), yet others say it is close to Coco Mademoiselle (which I love). Obviously it smells different on different types of skin, so I am majorly curious to see what it will be like on me. Will post an update when I get the perfume.

Update - Have it now. It's ok but nothing to have me go WOW. Very citrusy at first(which is not good in my books). If I have to compare it to the three perfumes mentioned above, I'd say it comes closest to Chance in its top notes (though the resemblance is only slight). Nothing like Gucci and certainly nothing like Coco Mademoiaselle, not on me at least. The middle notes are mainly fruity - plume is prominent there. The base is mostly vanilla with some tart (citrus) hint. Actually the dry down is quite similar to Pink Sugar.

irarai
irarai

this is quite an interesting perfume and dry down is simply magic. i think i'm gonna buy this as the one was given by my sister. i think this imari seduction leaves up to its name and is really seductive. Cheap and its a value for money.

flyushkifly
flyushkifly

Imari Seduction is how I wished Kat Von D's Sinner had been - plum and florals without patchouli in the base. I really loved the juicy opening of Sinner, but the patchouli dry down was a personal no-go. Imari Seduction has a gentle spicy base w/ no sickening aftertaste for me. I'm not saying these two perfumes are dupes - only that Avon's satisfies my urge for a spicy plum.

Not a huge fan of the original Imari (on myself), I was skeptical when I saw this debut in 2007. Until I smelled the scented page in a brochure and bought it...in the three piece set.

This opens very fruity with a lovely plum note, dark and sweet. Not fresh and fruity, but more darkly sweet with fruitiness. The orchid note here is quite nice and a tad dry and not as full as other orchid type scents. In this, it is more restrained; but still oriental and very femme. During the opening to the heart, I detect something vaguely synthetic that lingers on my skin (yet disappears after a few seconds on paper). The drydown is great with vanilla's dark smoothness, amber's warm glow and a sultry musk. This is very seductive, compared to the original. A tad darker and less incensey. It is delicious, but would most likely be better on someone else. A very modern take on Imari, with a bit more emphasis on the dark fruits and orchid. Less spicy than the orignal, far less powerful but a bit more naughty...and yummier!

Sillage: okay
Longevity: decent
Overall: 3/5

This is something I knew was gonna be feminine but bought it anyway, being a big sucker for orientals and orchids. It does not "work" on me (Mother said: "uuh, NO!") but I do really like the scent a great deal. The face of this is very much apropos as it smells like something an ingenue in a dark jazz club would wear...

shinewin
shinewin

This to me smell like Coco mademoiselle but have more of the plum notes. Great buy if you are looking for something similar to Coco Mademoiselle.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

I'm very pleased with this blind purchase. Though when I first tried this fragrance, it was summer and it was too heavy for me to pull it off then. I really recommend you give this a chance during winter, for it requires cold temperatures to retain its fresh/juicy/spicy quality.

It opens with juicy plum that is rounded by a light vanilla in the background. At this phase, my nose could detect only a hint of spice. Then about 20 minutes later, orchid came out to the surface. At the heart, this is a plummy soft and spiced orchid perfume. During dry down, the juiciness of the fruity opening was completely replaced by the sweet, ambery orchid with a hint of vanilla and musk.

Sillage: Medium
Projection: Medium
Staying power: 3-4 hours
Olfactive group: Fruity Floriental

This is a VERY SEXY perfume that probably is best used for special occasions and intimate settings. Though if you can pull it off at work or casually, more power to you!

Make sure you test before you buy. (Avon has money back guarantee!) ;o)

Teebird
Teebird

After reading so may positive reviews on this one, I decided to try the purse-size spray and body lotion. But, I was never "wowed" by this one(and I wore this about ten times to see), expecting some sort of sexy vibe to come over me after applying it. I liked the opening the most--the warm, juicy plumminess of it all, but ultimately, I felt this scent is just not "me". There is something too generic about it-as if I have smelled this scent before...

orchidlover
orchidlover

This perfume is a nice plummy aroma with spices. Because of this mixture of spices, reminds me a bit of Yves Rocher So elixir. Very nice frag, I like it.
I also like the design of the bottle.

cisco
cisco

This seems more like a floral/fruity than an oriental. The spicy plum jumps right out at the beginning. The musk is very moderate and tames the sweetness of the plum and vanilla. It is a very simple fragrance, yet it is very appealing. As Nyoka said, you cannot beat the value.

One more thing, it has great staying power unlike many of the Avons. It would make a good romantic or intimate fragrance; yet, could be worn anytime.

guest_debob
guest_debob

It's a "fruity oriental" Lovely spicy plum notes. It's sweet and musky at the same time. It reminds me somewhat of
CK's Sweet Dreams Realities.
It's a real feel good perfume, to cuddle down with. This is my favorite of all the Avon perfumes. It lasts several hours and my husband even noticed and said it smelled very good.

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Pretty, sexy, sweet fragrance. Love it.

Amethyste
Amethyste

It's Liberté with plum instead of orange.

bluegreenlj
bluegreenlj

Warm and sweet. Although Imari Seduction has exotic elements, I would say it is more fruity than oriental. The plum and vanilla scent is quite dominant. Loud at first but dries down to a delicious plum-vanilla scent that lasts for several hours.

Anorton1965
Anorton1965

Nice fragrance. Reminds me of Lolita Lempicka at first sniff. During the dry down, the scent gets a little more tame.

I can still smell the plum and the floral with just a hint of vanilla.

Medium to light sillage, and medium lasting power. Lasting power is increased when layered with the body lotion.

I'm happy I purchased this one. Lovely scent.

guest_zanamor
guest_zanamor

better than the original...I really like this one and its as good as kate moss scent full bodied!

I quite like Imari Seduction. It has a deliciously oriental and jammy-like feel to it.

The plum note in Imari Seduction is luscious and rich, not nauseating or synthetic in the slightest. The vanilla adds a touch of warmth and sweetness that is very enjoyable. I actually think this fragrance is a little similar to Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture, it even has a drydown that is somewhat similar to Britney Spears' Fantasy.

As you may have guessed, Imari Seduction is quite sweet and fruity. It's not unpleasant in my opinion and I rather like scents of this kind.

There is a deliciously exotic note of orchid that arises every now and then to entice me, however the vanilla, which turns rather syrupy towards the drydown, overshadows the rich floral note.

The packaging is rather lovely and the images very true to portraying the scent itself. One can almost sense the juicy plum before smelling Imari Seduction.

Wearing this fragrance makes me feel sexy and exotic. I was rather disappointed when I realised that the lasting strength wasn't all that impressive. However this fragrance has urged me to try the original Imari and other Avon scents.

Sissi
Sissi

The pros Juicy delectable Plums Orchid
a Pinch of Amber & Musk very Delecious
i love the Color Motif different shades
of Purple

The Cons I'm Not a fan of Vanilla
and it doesn't last long on my skin

nyoka
nyoka

thissmells so good i could eat it.sweet plum opens the show followed by an ambery musk.both notes last a very long time.then the drydown comes and i was surprised by the beautiful vanilla orchid that is somewhat powdery that unfolds.i got the shower gel,lotion,purse spray,and deodrant for less than 20.00.u just cant beat that.

anhthu
anhthu

oh.... 90% similar to chanel chance- the yellow one

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is nice - sweet and spicy but admittedly nothing special. Great value for the price.

LoveLy
LoveLy

it smells like the gucci edt but lasts longer good job avon

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

This is a sweet and strong perfume with amazing lasting power. It is best suited for night time activities. Affordable is one of its strong points as well. However, despite this I have not used my bottle more than twice LOL

asmahtp
asmahtp

To me, Imari Seduction different from Imari classic. Before trying this, i thought this is a 'sexy' scent but when i tried it yesterday, i'm dissapointed. This is just another sweet perfume. I'll think twice before buy it.

eranaral
eranaral

Looking at the ingredients, its marketing, and the original Imari, I would have never thought of this, but, this is a yummy, fruity scent.

Something in the lines of Britney Spears Believe, but more concentrated, not as watery, and Juicy Couture, with a tiny hint of something spicy that can hardly be detected.

But most of all, its chemical sweetness reminds me of Euphoria from CK. It shares the notes Orchid, Musk, and Amber with Euphoria.

Lasting power is 4-5 hours, good for its price.

note: Imari Seduction and Mystique are biological sisters, but the original Imari has nothing to do with the two above. It is absolutely different.

budgies6
budgies6

Very strong scent. I sprayed two squirts on and it gave me a headache. Very pretty scent though. Next time won't use as much. More of a Winter scent.

guest_larysa
guest_larysa

Having read sharyssa's comment I must say that I agree only on the cap. Even though this is EDT it is strong in power. I sprayed at 9AM on my shirt and could smell it even in the evening. I can not stand the original Imari, never tried Imari Satin. But I love Imari Seduction! As well as Velvet Imari. I compare Imari Seduction to Rumba. Velvet Imari to Argentine Tango. I love many Avon fragrances and do not find them cheep.

gucci
gucci

this fragrance is really good but nothing special it's more for teens and fr enyday wear like for school

snobuni77
snobuni77

I got a wipey of this & it is pretty nice so far.It gets bit to powdery on the dry down for me though.Over all its a nice oriental ,not to over bearing & the orchid does show through in the perfect amount.
Its like they put a few drops of orchid oil in a spicy potpourri

alina terec

and though this fact is true i see that the ingredients are different. interesting :))

alina terec

it's so funny cause this one is exactly the same as treselle seduction. the only diffrence between them are bottles. imari seduction is the version made for america and treselle seduction the one for europe. the same goes for treselle and imari the plane ones.

sweetness21
sweetness21

I agree, (a bit vintage) this is a fragrace thats great for lotion i had the whole set but i ran out of the perfume. I still have the lotion and the shower gel so i just bathe with it at night and it seems to be perfect for bed time its sexual but it also has a really loud smell

SleepyAVON
SleepyAVON

Very sexy, pretty fragrance I love to wear on nights out to dinner or a movie date.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

This Imari Seduction has grown on me quite a bit. The first notes of plum & orchid are very pleasant,and the dry down of it's vanilla, amber and musks settle nicely on me. Love the lingering musk & plum. The notes are rounded out well. I love to use this sensually scented body lotion, perfect for late in the evening, right before bed.

Imari Seduction by Avon 3.84 out of 5 based on 306 ratings and 98 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Imari Seduction fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Imari Seduction, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Imari Seduction by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Imari Seduction by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.