Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Instinct For Her Avon for women

Instinct For Her Avon for women
dislike

Instinct For Her Avon for women Videos
Instinct For Her Avon for women Pictures Instinct For Her Avon for women Pictures

Avon invites you to "let your instinct take over" with the new fragrance pair - Instinct For Her and Instinct For Him. The fragrances are announced as those which allow you to experience your wildest dreams and unleash your sensual and passionate side.

"This fragrance is for women who want to feel confident, beautiful and comfortable about how sexy they are. I think that’s just a really empowering feeling," said the actress Megan Fox who, along with model Marlon Teixeira, advertises the new scents.

Instinct For Her is described as captivating, alluring and wild scent of sparkling greens, exotic camellia and sandalwood. It is available as 50 ml Eau de Parfum.

Instinct For Her was launched in 2013.

Green Notes

Camelia

Sandalwood

Animagical Woman

Instinct For Her Fragrance Reviews

sarage
sarage

I hated the ad, it is so tacky and tested this just for fun.
Th scent is actually like the green, fresh nature in the jungle (rainforest) not the over sensual feelings played by the models in their leopard skins :D

Come on, this is a fresh, quite nice and timeless scent. I don't mind the giraffe pattern in the bottle, but the image which is given by the ad is misleading.
I could wear this, especially on a hot summer day, but the scent is not "hot" in any ways.
It is also quite linear, doesn't have many nuances.

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

I am just going to reiterate what everyone else on here said - indistinct and shower-fresh. The green notes on the opening smell very citric - I would have guessed grapefruit. Zdoreebaba95's review saying that it is starfruit rather than green notes makes more sense.

Agree with drugstore classic's review that it would be nice for a middle school girl boldly trying out her first perfume - it's nicer and fresher than some things she might stumble upon at Target.

And that is one crazy bunch of mis-marketing.

Limpylou
Limpylou

I must agree; Avon is off the mark in the packaging and marketing of this light, fruity floral. The bottle is stunning, the box is mysterious and attractive... The name evokes something almost animalistic, woody... But you get flowers!

It does not last long; in use it as a bath spray, add to water in tub... Got a sweet deal on eBay for the layering set so it wasn't bad out of pocket...

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Today I finally had the opportunity of sampling this new Avon release, and found myself less than elated. Here is what I observed:

The notes are inoffensive and indistinct, with a green and clean vibe that is not wholly without merit. Floral notes must be there somewhere, but only as a backdrop to this green freshness. At least it's not noticably sweet or fruity.... There is a little tropical vibe here that reminds me of good shampoo.

In conclusion, Instinct seems incorrectly marketed and named. "Shower Fresh" would be a better image, and might attract the portion of their customers truly interested in a fresh, clean floral.

The overall impression I have is that of Suave shampoo or bodywash. That's not an insult, just my own personal feeling about this type of fragrance. If freshly showered is the image you want to project, then DO check out Instinct.

Ideal, when you come to think of it, for many a junior high student! :)

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Very very green smelling...with a hint of floweriness... not bad but not my type of perfume either.

The thing that really annoys me about this perfume however is the marketing - its completely off!!!

U look at the packaging and the commercial and u think tigress, jungle... fiery passionate love...and when u actually smell it...it's more like a greenhouse... really really disappointing.

Nothing sexy...nothing exotic... it's just an over sell because it features a celebrity. Such a shame =(

CathieH
CathieH

I have this perfume in a sample vial and I really like it. Initially, there is a sharp burst of greens and then a beautiful floral/s. I haven't been wearing it long enough to know what the dry-down is like. But at the moment it's a really lovely perfume that is easy to wear. How long it stays around I'm not sure.

Avon seems to be a "type-cast" brand which I think is unfair. I have sampled some perfumes, some high end, and they are not nice (for me) to say the least. Why not sample or enjoy a perfume for what it is not who it is.

zeldaautumn
zeldaautumn

I got a nice sample vial of this and tried it many times during day,night and at work. It is not like any scent I already have from Avon and it really just reminds me of tea, green tea, and I love that smell. Fresh, green, not offensive to anyone around. There is a spicy undertone, but I cannot catch what it is. I do not detect any sandalwood, which is a shame as I love sandalwood very much, maybe the spicy is sandalwood but I am not catching it as such. I will order this and wear it to work.

TudorRose
TudorRose

My bottle of this arrived today. On first spray, I smelled woods, spices and berries. I liked it at first but it wafts away far too quickly. With the animal print and the promotional pictures, I thought it would be more exotic and wild with maybe a leather note.
Pleasant but not impressive.

ninive
ninive

I ordered this for my mom and she really liked it, I tried it on a couple times and I wasn't very impressed. Flowers are dominant, can't really tell wich ones but it gives it a soapy kind of smell. It's a nice fragrance, I personally won't wear it because I'm more for sweet perfumes and this smells a bit dry, but it would suit anyone cause its very inoffensive.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

@zdoreebaba95
I checked on Avon Canada and it seems that starfruit is in their fragrance Passion, not in Instinct.

zdoreebaba95
zdoreebaba95

Top note is NOT green notes!! Top note is carambola (star fruit)according to the Avon catalog... I hope that the description of top note will be corrected by fragrantica!
All in all the fragrance reminds me another perfume, but I don't know which is that. I don't have this fragrance, but in the catalog I like it smelling.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

A great example of advertising that doesn't match the perfume... Expecting something wild and exotic, I got a sample of this. The opening is fresh, I thought it smelled a little like bamboo... that gently drifted into a watery, light flowery middle. I wouldn't describe Instinct as 'captivating, alluring and wild' ...I'm leaning more towards 'tame, inoffensive and clean-smelling' - it's perfect for office wear and casual days.

galacksy
galacksy

I don't usually go for super girly fragrances like this. But I went out on a limb and ordered it and I really like it. And the first night I wore this out I got so many compliments! I think this is a pleasant, inoffensive fragrance that appeals to all age groups. It's just... nice and good and clean. Maybe angels smell like this :)

I was actually quite surprised to see so many negative reviews. It is pretty unoriginal but a good scent nonetheless. The only thing I don't like about it is the bottle.

kakaka2
kakaka2

Instinct is a mess of green and sandal wood. Flat and Avony with moderate lasting power. Cheap to the pocket but also to the nose...

VogueBoy
VogueBoy

It smells so cheap, the overwhelming campaign is absolutely inadequate... just a cheap citrus smell with a hint of fresh flowers, lasts for 15 minutes

dona kaca

This perfume is disappointment for me,because I expected much more from this latest Avon release,because of the notes but its just plain,ordinary and not long lasting.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Wow this really does smell like so many other Avon fragrances that just seem to blend together into a mass of Avon-ness.

Avon do have some great stand out fragrances but this one? nope.

This is like a softer incandessence/jadore. High pitched floral notes that have been softened into generic-ness.

Not much else to say really.

Really, really boring.

All I got was some vague floral with a hint of woodiness and then it vanished.

Something is really lacking in this fragrance; needs some incense or maybe cinnamon or tonka. Seems like they forgot some key ingredient to make it anything memorable.

zoehhh
zoehhh

Like somebody else has already said, this has the essence of 'typical Avon fragrance.' If you have tested multiple Avon's, then I'm sure you'll understand what that means. It's not a bad thing, but it just makes it easy to distinguish the brand.

I have been wearing this today alongside the body lotion so I shall review both.

For me, the green notes play the lead role in Instinct. Sandalwood also makes a noticeable appearance.

Like the description says, it's quite 'sparkling' and 'exotic,' but in a tame way.

The longevity is moderate, but on the lesser half of the scale (3-4hrs) on me, and that is layered up with the body lotion. The sillage is also moderate to me.

In regards to the lotion, I found it took a while to fully sink in. At the beginning, it smelt very beautiful. However, after about 1hr the Instinct smell was more overshadowed by a general body lotion smell on me.

Layered together though, Instinct does project in a much nicer way.

Overall, this perfume is very easy to wear and is inoffensive.

I'd say it suits late summer into Autumn and I'll also wear it more in the day time rather than at night.

Libran
Libran

I have worn this fragrance for the first time today and I have to say that I really like it. It smells like a sweeter and less woody version of Treselle. Very long lasting and feminine, not overly floral. I do detect a very subtle sandalwood but it is more green on me. I got the body lotion too so layering will make the fragrance last longer. It is a typical Avon scent and I don't mean that in a bad way, just good but not awe inspiring. Suitable for all occasions and ages, I think I will wear this often.

avonman
avonman

I'm thinking this is going to be our 2013 Holiday release because I still haven't seen any news about it in my Rep. material..(and we are just launching Ultra Sexy Lace)...but I am intrigued by the advertizing and having Megan Fox as the Face of this launch!

dona kaca

If anyone already try this fragrance or sample please write something more about the scent because I really like the smell of camelia flower.

@jellybeantree

According to the notes database here, Camelia japonica is considered scentless.

However there are many cultivars of Camelias that have scent. There are different varieties bred for appearance and big flowers; scentless (C. japonica) and others for scent (C. transarisanensis) and still others for their leaves or seeds (C. sinensis).

As a relative in the tea family, I understand that the fragrant flowers are like fresh spicy tea, with some daffodil.

KaelanLovesPerfume
KaelanLovesPerfume

Wow.... AVON got MEGAN FOX to do an advertisement for one of their fragrances?!?! I figure she'd snub her nose at anything that's under 500$ She must have had a big lump sum shoved in her back pocket for doing this.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is based on a scentless flower! I don't get it.

Instinct For Her by Avon 3.17 out of 5 based on 56 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Instinct For Her fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Instinct For Her, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Instinct For Her by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Instinct For Her by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.