Designers » A » Woody Spicy « Groups

Ironman Avon for men

Ironman Avon for men
dislike

Ironman Avon for men Pictures

In cooperation with World Triathlon Corporation`s Ironman, Avon will present perfume for men named Ironman during 2009. Face of this perfume is Mat Miller, and the perfume was characterized as a winning fusion of energetic citrusy aromas united with exotic spices and woody accords.

The composition opens with ginger and lime adding violet, nutmeg, rain mist accords, vetiver, patchouli, cedar and moss. The flacon is made of glass and it stopper was created to remind of sports cap for swimmers, cyclists, runners… Ironman was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Delphine Jelk.

Ginger Mint Violet Leaf Lime

Nutmeg Water Notes Vetiver

Patchouli Cedar Moss

125 Years Your Companion For Life
Shanghai Night

Ironman Fragrance Reviews

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

A nice inoffensive lime scent with some mint added. Ideal for warm weather. At the price point you can't really complain. A nice pick me up scent that lasts as mentioned before, about 5 hours. It's a basic 2nd or 3rd tier frag for most. Astonishing that one member has it as there signature!

[email protected]
peeck@charter.net

This is a nice refreshing spiced lime summer scent... Perfect for the gym! Last on me about 4 hours. A+ Avon Fragrance!

There is nothing offensive here! I your looking for a pleasant summer citris scent then look no further.

esteban747
esteban747

Well, if you have no big expectations, Ironman may be a good surprise for you.
To me this is not a new scent, it smells quite basic, unpretentious. It falls on the 'after gym' category, you know, the clean, simple, fresh fragrance. Modern, yet masculine enough to not cross the line into unisex territory.
More than anything I smell the oakmoss, vetiver and patchouli. The lime is perceptible in the opening then it quickly fades away. Basically a wood fragrance. The ginger and nutmeg gives a little kick to this composition, enough to lift the otherwise boring and plain scent.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

This is an excellent DUPE of Kenneth Cole Reaction. If your man loves Reaction, he'll like this, and with prices normally around $9-$12, it's a steal.

One whiff of this and all I can think about is my ex boyfriend...he always smelled clean and delicious!

JBiebsHairSwag
JBiebsHairSwag

I bought this for my boyfriend for his birthday recently. I loved it, I am pretty sure he loved it. Overall great price and it smells great. When he runs out will probably buy him another. (:

RobbieX
RobbieX

A really lovely fresh composition from Avon. A beautiful sharp/fresh opening of lime, ginger and violet notes, in fact, I particularly love the way the lime works with the violet here. It stays fresh with some woods. Ironman does remind me of Boss Bottled Night and Atomium. It's a fresh summer fragrance and it's not expensive. The colour of the juice is great. Ironman competes well with the more expensive designer scents and is easily one of the best Avons.

pob75
pob75

This is great value and one of the better fragrances from Avon.

Starts off citrus, green and fresh. Settles into ginger and a masculine floral feel. Later it becomes gently woody with some spicy notes.

At 3 hours it is still quite fresh and zingy. At 6 hours it still smells good and projects reasonably. By 8 hours it has faded but is still there.

Masculine, quite subtle, slightly warm but fresh enough for warmer weather. To me it's a great everyday/work fragrance that you could probably wear more formally. Well worth a go if you find it cheap.

MustardGas
MustardGas

It's A Good Cologne For Being Avon
It's Like A Quick Spray And Go In The Night

ganabalong
ganabalong

Really nice fragance for Avon...don't smell synthetic or cheap.

Cologne Junkie72

A very fresh,and green scent that lasts over 8 hours on my skin. One must be careful when spraying for this fragrance will become overbearing if over applied. Nevertheless this is a great masculine scent from the house of Avon. When people hear Avon,they think.....oh no! What a cheapie! But therenare some Avon fragrances that smell great. Great work Avon for creating the Ironman fragrance.

jenny.sar
jenny.sar

This scent is the greatest I've ever smelled!
It's actually my boyfriend's, if he hadn't worn it I wouldn't have been lured so deeply into him that strongly.LOVE IT.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

This is a subtle scent. It is not sharp, sweet, acrid or overwhelming in any way.

It is actually rather classy. Seeing as how it is marketed under the Iron Man Triathlon name and logo you would think that it's another Adidas-like watered down scent for work-out conditions in warmer weather.

Do not be fooled!! I think Avon should have marketed this with another type of well known organization or celebrity. Iron Man Triathlon is a great org. but I'm afraid many of you out there might steer away thinking it's a "sport" scent.

Nothing really jummps out at you or overwhelms the other notes but is blended so well.

THUMBS UP to AVON, I do not hesitate to encourage others to buy this.

This is a refreshing and somewhat modern masculine scent with bittersweet edge of fresh lime and clean vetiver. It's great to toss it in the gym bag and use it on to go. I personally enjoy it very much considering how inexpensive it is. It also outlasts some of my more expensive choices in my wardrobe. It's not gonna make everybody's top favorite list but it will get used often.

zackywacky6
zackywacky6

Smells very masculine and lasts ages. Very good

Rockdj
Rockdj

nice cologne from avon, wearable perfect for everyday use. good longevity, great smelling with green notes some spices. 5 stars avon!

andrevarx
andrevarx

EDT is a unique smelling. Notes from woods fresh, sweet fruit and hints of green notes. A mixture very cool and very manly.

For all ages, great for after the gym, and casual outings, including a touch of green notes may make it suitable for dating. Recommended.

guest_cat
guest_cat

best ever

Cologne Junkie72

This fragrance smells very good.Once again Avon has come out with a winner.I like the way Ironman's initial blast starts off as a lime,velvet smell,yet masculine,and a bit soapy as well.The longevity is good for about 5 or 6 hours.The drydown settles into a more woody,spicy,and yet still soapy as well.Great work Avon.

guest_MICKHAEL
guest_MICKHAEL

SMELL'S EXTRAORDINARY

PieRat
PieRat

@Maddyrain,

Ever held a competition stopwatch?

IF not hold one then look at the bottle again.

guest_Harrey Oldermen
guest_Harrey Oldermen

I'm gonna be buying this fragrance for my dad on father's day and intend to do a follow-up... so lets see how it goes

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

Smells okay , better than most offerings from avon but i find longeveity an issue . smells clean and fresh,suitable for daytime wear but ultimately forgettable.........

Ethan815
Ethan815

I don't usually agree with classifying scents as 'masculine' or 'feminine', since those terms are often relative to what we think defines the qualities of each and what fragrance materials remind us of those attributes...

That said, this particular scent is an exception for me. My first thought upon application was simply "MAN". Somehow, it reminds me of the way a Navy ship smells, a flawless blend of men and metal. The name is fitting. So, it's an incredibly masculine scent to me.

Sillage is decent (I'm not a fan of minimal sillage) and longevity is good (still going strong 5 hours later).

I can't say this is a fragrance I would purchase, but for the man who intends to smell like a man (in a good way), this fragrance is absolutely perfect.

I really cant wear summery scents in the winter it makes me feel depressed, i bought this along with blue rush and R.P.M and im going to have to keep them for the summer becuase they are all very summers love this one though

Avon Man
Avon Man

I like this cologne. Very nice crisp scent and it stays with you for a good while. The low price is a nice thing too!

Diegof7
Diegof7

Perfume verde amadeirado levemente floral,é um dos que mais fixam na minha pele da Avon tem um cheiro bem masculino, além de possuir notas de giseng e acorde Wiliwwod as pessoas sempre elogiam quabdo eu estou usando !1

MondeoGirl

Well, my husband loves this fragrance - it's his second favourite in fact! He even likes the "dino egg" shaped bottle!
Luckily, there's not too much cedar as it can be over-powering.
The scent is refreshing and uplifting with a hint of warmth in the subtle spices and ginger, and it has sunshine in the bergamot.

MondeoGirl

I'm getting this scent for my husband - the fragranced page in the catalogue seemed great! As for the bottle looking like a dino egg (MADDYRAIN - LOL) I think this will really appeal to my hubby!

guest_mexico39
guest_mexico39

este perfume par mi es lo mejor que tiro al mercado la avon tiene una fragancia bien masculina muy definida huele super agradable y lo mas importante que perdura mucho tiempo me encanta.

guest_lexx
guest_lexx

I bought today this parfum.

I have to say it really smells synthetic at beggining (but not bad at all), then it becomes more freshing and a energetic fragance. Also haves a good last standing on my skin and very linear progression of scent.
I think it worth ur spent money, for the price that Avon sells Ironman. A good daytime refreshing choice.

guest_Diego Fernando
guest_Diego Fernando

Chegou hoje o meu ele tem uma saída bem cítrica depois se torna mais encorpado,
tem uma nota que lembra orvalho no geral é um bom perfume e cumpre o que promete !

markRep
markRep

Part may be due to Avons liquatouch samples. They make everything seem synthetic at first. really have to let dry on skin for the full minute or more (their samples probably lose sales rather than gain). I was quite happy with this scent for the price point it may not be terribly original but it is well done. Not a complete copy either. Awful bottle that does not go with the scent very well.
Smells great on a few of my friends who have tried it on. Warm and not too strong. the nutmeg, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar blend beautifully with a hint of lime. Ginger is barely there few* with the right amount of patchouli and yum violet. Good staying power. another good, more original mens Avon is Signature.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

I received a sample today. Ironman smells like two other fragrances that I own: CK One Electric and Angel Schlesser Homme.

It starts green, very synthetic and then it arrives to its spicy face, when I start to feel a ricey vibe, just like in Angel Schlesser Homme.

It would be nicer if it was more original and not just a copy of other fragrances. And, what the hell is this bottle? It looks like a dino's egg!

kittny
kittny

this fragrance tryies to iluustrate trough smell the resistence, the power and the will to dominate. altough is a spicy fragrance, it has a very fresh undertone. in one word: full of energy.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Ironman fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Ironman, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ironman by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ironman by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.