Designers » A » Oriental « Groups

Little Black Dress Avon for women

Little Black Dress Avon for women
dislike

Little Black Dress Avon for women Pictures Little Black Dress Avon for women Pictures Little Black Dress Avon for women Pictures

Little Black Dress by Avon is a Oriental fragrance for women. Little Black Dress was launched in 2001. Top notes are cyclamen, coriander, african ginger, apricot blossom and honeysuckle; middle notes are gardenia, ylang-ylang, pink peony, jasmine and datura; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, musk, japanese plum and woody notes.

Cyclamen Coriander African Ginger Apricot Blossom Honeysuckle

Gardenia Ylang-Ylang Pink Peony Jasmine Datura

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Musk Japanese Plum Woody Notes

Chic in Black
Indulgence

Little Black Dress Fragrance Reviews

Danira7
Danira7

This is absolutely one of my favorites. I can't believe how many compliments I've gotten with this one - when I tell people it's an Avon scent. they're incredulous! I have a couple of small botttles stashed. When I use them up, I'll try Chic in Black - or maybe I'll be tired of it by then and move on to something completely different.

stacey_nay
stacey_nay

I bought this perfume on a whim very cheaply, in a gift pack that included a whole bunch of other Little Black Dress-smelling stuff. I actually really like the bottle - it's simple and classic. The juice itself is pretty classic too - on first whiff, it was incredibly familiar, as I must've smelled it a hundred times on the various kind women in my life over the years.

On my skin, this is a pleasant, inoffensive floral-oriental. I smell lots of white florals and some background gentle spice - probably the ginger, coriander, sandalwood. My boyfriend described it as "old-fashioned", but certainly such a description doesn't put me off at all. It's just that somehow this perfume doesn't really "do anything for me", if that makes sense. I have no desire to sniff my wrist when I wear it. It has soft-moderate sillage but doesn't last well on my skin (like all Avon perfumes, unfortunately).

tumpabanerjee
tumpabanerjee

Beautiful fresh floral perfume, longevity pathetic, sillage is moderate or rather soft aftr 10-15 mins.. Bt seeing the price, it's all right.. Can be kept in the handbag for retouch up. Overall 7/10. Repurchase no, I find the body lotion better!!!

Jasmindee
Jasmindee

My grandmother bought me this, so it will always hold a special place. It was a sweet, 15ml little bottle and I always keep it in the box and will treasure it always.

The black box is very classy, looks expensive and chic, where as the bottle itself could do with some re-designing. The font on the front is tacky!

As for the scent itself, it's very generic. It's classy, yes, but very un-original. It makes me think of Givenchy's Amarige, in that it's a clean, sophisticated white floral.

I will treasure it for sentimental values, but I wouldn't buy a whole bottle.

dream.no.longer
dream.no.longer

This perfume does NOT make you feel unique, like someone said down there. Umm, it's quite the opposite. It makes you feel like a part of the crowd. Too predictable and too boring. Sorry :(

samsmells
samsmells

Simple clean white floral - I wouldn't mind a bit of animal or dirt in it, to keep it a bit more interesting.

rihabi
rihabi

Jasmine is probably my favorite flower for fragrances. Love the plum too. I'm glad I already have this Avon masterpiece. Incredibly pleased with the longevity for such class and brand (Avon fragrances last most commonly about 1-2 hours on my skin, this one stays for 3 at least), and it came at really comfortable price for me. No need to wait, purchase it! :)

Maddy45
Maddy45

This perfume is definitely a very pleasant smell even a full winter and autumn every situation provides you with an oriental scent showcases at first, but with a soft finish

Mnekb
Mnekb

Am i the only person who smell coconut in this? Interestingly, i don't get the jasmine, too. It smells like suntan lotion to me.

It's very creamy but something in this itches my throat however i really like it. This would be a classic if it wasn't Avon.

belleve
belleve

My mom's perfume :)

Aleccsei

I haven't met a woman (or a man) who didn't like LBD. It's problably the best selling Avon fragrance for women in Europe - and rightfully so.

Just like the black dress, this perfume is one of a kind. It' fresh, modern and classical alike and with an uncanny elegance.

I've always loved Little black Dress and I probably always will...

Arunas.K
Arunas.K

My mom has this perfume. She is in her mid 50s.

Very nice, sophisticated smell. Smells classical. I cannot but think that this must be inspired by one of high end perfumes, but cannot really recall which one.

I think this would suit any girl or woman, aged 30+. Younger women can wear it also,but it somehow requires a special occasion.

I see it as somewhat evening smell, but this can be used daily as an office scent, if used sparingly.

Go fr it.
7.5/10

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

Now that's interesting. To aid in my quest for an oriental fragrance I ran a search on Fragrantica for the most popular oriental for women (in my age group!) for the years 2000 to present.

The results were Bvlgari Omnia in 1st, Spiritueuse Double Vanille Guerlain in 2nd, and Avon Little Black Dress in 3rd. It seems to have been a quiet achiever.

I've tried Omnia but it didn't work for me. I may not have the opportunity to try the Guerlain. But I did receive a sample of Little Black Dress from a generous fellow Fragratician (thank you!).

LBD is a classic, elegant and well put-together floral. The white flowers stay fresh throughout, with plum adding richness. The ginger and spicy coriander give way to the honeysuckle as it settles. It's all anchored nicely by the sandalwood. I don't think I'll need to wait for a special occasion to wear this one.

Juliana6
Juliana6

It's the same here, ClaudiaA1. This was my perfume first love when I was a teenager - adult, sophisticated, golden and luxurious. I still remember that classy, quite strong and floral chypry scent, so recently I ordered a small 30 ml special edition bottle, because I was longing for it. I sprayed some on my wrist and was quite confused- could it be reformulated? I perceive some green notes which weren't there before (maybe it's the coriander and the honeysuckle). After a while it becomes more like the scent I remember.
It's still a great one from Avon!

izainbox
izainbox

It smells sophisticated, like for a grown-up woman. Not everyone likes it. My sister told me it smelled masculine. My office mate said it smelled funny -- like incense. After what my office mate told me, I quit wearing this perfume.

ClaudiaA1
ClaudiaA1

This one takes me back to my teens. It was my first love, perfume-wise. I treasured it so that I still have my very first bottle.

Jelenaa
Jelenaa

Very classy, sophisticated perfume. I would recommend it for persons in their mid 30s. Very adult like. Very interesting and unique.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This was another little acquisition based on very favourable reviews on Fragrantica and oh my, what a pleasant surprise!
Firstly, the bottle is very classy indeed and will adorn even the most discerning perfumistas dresser and secondly the fragrance itself is beautiful!
Wow Avon! I'm impressed. This opens with a slightly spicy but sweet scent which stays sweet but fresh into the heart.
I think it has some lovely notes such as plum and jasmine and the composition of notes in this fragrance are very well behaved, nicely blended and very likeable.
This won't offend or scream out as you walk past someone, it sits close to the skin but seems to have a fairly good longevity for an Avon Fragrance.
I really think that this is a classy perfume and if you didn't know it was Avon, you would be forgiven for thinking that it was a rather expensive scent.
The dry down is lovely and addictive and it leaves you wanting more.
This fragrance is suitable for wearing at just about any occasion and I am glad I have it in my ever increasing perfume collection!

Moonflower2012
Moonflower2012

I bought this in a charity shop because I thought it was another 'Little Black Dress' that was not made by Avon. I was disappointed. I needn't have been! For £3, I got a light and pleasant fragrance that is inoffensive and easy to wear every day. Something that is nice to get close to but doesn't announce itself to the whole world. Something that is not likely to cause headaches in me or asthma attacks in people sharing my air space.

Boring though it may sound, those are qualities that I value on days when I want to feel 'dressed up' with perfume but not overdone. I imagine that this would even pass a workplace perfume ban. No-one would know I was wearing it unless they came right up close.

I'll probably buy it again! Most perfume is just 'too much' for me. This is 'just right'!

Aleccsei

"Little Black Dress" was and still is an amazing scent for women by Avon.

It was very mature and mesmerizing. It seperated the women from the girls. A class act!

Way to go, Avon!

looooooooong lasting
extremly loved it

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

Firstly this is not like Boss Nuit AT ALL. This has much more sillage, much heavier on the florals, added spiciness and no sweet fruit notes... I wouldn't have thought the two were even similar in any way.
LBD starts a little spicy and settles as a strong gardenia-jasmine scent with woods. It's mature and not too cheap smelling, a good frag for nights out in a little black dress.

zekica
zekica

This perfume is Avon real master peace

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I can't say I'm one who thinks this smells anything like Boss Nuit - the comparisons actually surprise me as they are nowhere near alike on my skin at all. I wish they were though as I'm a big fan of Boss Nuit and Little Black Dress is certainly cheaper :)

I respect Little Black Dress a lot. I've had more bottles than I can count over the years and I've just sampled it again today...and I realise that I miss it now and will need to order again. On me, it's woody, musky, floral and that delicious plum note is as luscious as I remember it to be.

It doesn't last long and to have any real projection with this you do need to use a heavy hand when spraying (I don't bother with roller balls when it comes to Avon for this reason) - but it's classy, it's in the middle when it comes to simple and complex, and it's an excellent option for a 'night time' perfume that won't break the bank.

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

Classy and seductive, this perfume makes you feel unique! Sophisticated white flowers are mixed perfectly, and Little Black Dress is the right name for this fragrance. Elegant, modern, somehow mystic, Little Black Dress (for me) represents a classy woman in her mid 30s, wearing a tight black skirt and a fancy blouse. But when she gets home and changes into her favourite, timeless black dress, she turns into a diva.
Modern, seductive, that's what this perfume is.

Little Black Dress, according to the latest Avon brochure is still being sold and has not been discontinued. I received a fresh sample of this fragrance a few months ago from an Avon representative.

Sandalwood and creamy gardenia are fairly dominant notes in this composition. The other accords tend to fade into non-existence. It's kind of like a cheaper version of Estee Lauder's Sensuous. It's a soft, pleasant woodsy floral.

Just like a 'little black dress', this fragrance is simplistic yet classy. It's fairly versatile too, suitable for wear in almost any season. I would highly recommend purchasing the gift-set to explore the layering options. Avon always makes great gift packs.

Little Black Dress has relatively good longevity, however the projection can wear more like a skin-scent. I do enjoy this fragrance, but I honestly can't picture myself buying a bottle, even if it is extremely affordable.

j'adore dior
j'adore dior

I bought an unopened bottle of this at a thrift shop for $6 years ago and I fell in love! I've been trying to save it as much as I can because unfortunately I haven't found this anywhere else. It's a very classy smell and bottle and it's quite longlasting!

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

I was given this perfume by my sister as a Christmas gift in 2010. At the time we were all working on a family reunion - a thing in itself that could prove tricky. I absolutely adore the smell on my sister. It's lovely for a younger skin. I have 17 years on her, so will stick to the heavier hitting stuff I know. It certainly does not smell the same on me as on her.
The fragrance for me represents a younger woman, in the maelstrom of spreading her wings and flying; launching her career, finding a significant other, so for me, it represents a different philosophy of transformation growth change. All phases long past for me. To me there is something schoolgirl about it: "Teacher look at me! I know the right answer."

As I said, lovely on a young skin. Just not me. Love the ginger and white floral notes.

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

I had had this perfume several times since it was launched in 2001 , It's classic , beautiful and unique . Specially when compared with other Avon perfumes which seems all the same sometimes . Even better it 's really long lasting and Avon scents are known to have longevity problem but ...It didn't work with my body chemistry at all :"( ..I had to stop wearing it one day after Mom pointed out that I smelled "sweaty" ..and I had to agree with her ...Ginger & some base notes don't work well with me ...It's recommended for winter , Autumn & Evening in general .

JohnMc
JohnMc

I don't usually write reviews of Women's perfumes, as a guy I tend to stick to what I know/what I wear etc.

However, I met a woman recently for whom the word 'ravishing' didn't even begin to describe her allure. We became more than friends and she smelt divine. When I asked her what she was wearing she told me 'LBD' by Avon. I told her she smelt unbelievably delicious - a very own Aphrodite with an aphrodisiac fragrance - enticing, intoxicating and gorgeous - the woman and the perfume.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

This black little thing was my 1st "womanly perfume" that i bought with my own money =) I absolutely adored it and felt so sophisticated when wearing it... mind u i was 13! =P

Unfortunately now i dislike it because everyone and their grandma owns a bottle and it drives me nutttttts! LOL =)

relaxx1
relaxx1

jediný z AVON parfumov, ktorý milujem! ako vidím, stáva sa z neho nesmrteľná klasika... dodnes obdivujem toho, komu sa ho podarilo zložiť. ostatné parfumy z avonu sú spreje do WC. nemajú nápad, nemajú šťavu, sú na jedno kopyto.

Inesis
Inesis

On me this is very musky-fruity. I smell strongly of musk and there's some fruity notes within, nothing more. I think this is not half bad! I have never own an Avon perfume but so far I'm happy with my find.

The quality is very nice for 'a cheapie brand'. This lasts on me a few hours and projects just enough for everyone to smell this on me but not to get offended. I don't think anyone would get offended anyway since this is kinda a generally pleasing scent, but still.

I'd say that for it's price this is a great casual scent for example when shopping or just hanging outside.

nimzies
nimzies

My partner would agree with nicol's review. First whiff and he said it smells like pencil shavings but he said it's okay another reviewer said it reminds her of a sad midschool teacher maybe its the pencil smell. I like the dry down on me

Jody179
Jody179

I always thought that this type of perfume smelt like a hoo-err's handbag! Totally poignant stuff, much too harsh on the nose hairs for my liking :( Definitely a grown up perfume...

Gaia_88
Gaia_88

This is one of my all times favourite! I wore it 10 years ago when I finally started highschool and it reminds me of my most cherished friends and funny situations. I always have a bottle nowadays to spray a little bit whenever i feel nostalgic. Such a classic!

Love211
Love211

This perfume reminds me of the best nights moments of summertime ! Actually this is one the cheapest parfumes but it is also one of the best <3

Puddy Cat
Puddy Cat

I bought this one blind from my Avon book & wasn't at all impressed, I wear it to work as I want to use it up & not waste money but I would never wear it out

nicol
nicol

It has something in it to me that smells like pencil shavings,or when you were in 1st grade and had one of those pencil boxes and how the inside of it would smell.I just cant get past that I don't find it horrid, but I don't want to really smell like a pencil box

Eng.Blossom
Eng.Blossom

I can't stand how it smells
but for many people they love it
I think it's so synthetic for me

nikelady
nikelady

i know a guy who wears this and trust me, i sooo love it on him....

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This smells like different perfumes in one really. The opening is fresh floral like E. Arden's 5th Avenue then midway, it smells like Allure with less vanilla, then at the dry down it smells woodsier---like a familiar fragrance I can't put a finger on.

Truth be told, I'd happily carry a bottle in my purse and wear it daily. However when I apply more than one spray I get slightly dizzy.

So overall, I like it A LOT but I can't wear it very near my face or I'd be cranky the whole day.

This may seem weird but I have no issues with its staying power. It lasts hours on me---and that's only one full spray. I don't know if it's the humidity that intensifies the notes. Could be. It's pretty hot where I live.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

The thing I find with Avon perfumes is that the base note always smells chap to me, like synthetic air freshener. Top notes are always good, middle notes not bad, but there'a sort of underlying note that makes me think all their fragrance has the same base with different extras added.

HOWEVER this one, Little Black Dress is actually really nice. It's fresh and classic and not too in your face. I would buy this again, but I wish Avon would go back to the good old days when their perfumes were really something special.

tanjag

LBD reminds Oriflame Eclat??? I haven´t heard bigger nonsense for so long! Eclat is absolutely soft, weak.. sometimes you got a problem to feel it! and LBD is wonderful strong and flowery scent.. I really can´t understand how can anyone have such opinion.. strange, very strange.

lara0905

So many sweet memory appends to this perfume, practically this scent been accompanied me since I was 22.:)It was my signature fragrance for years and it's still in my collection..For me it was so unique and so feminine on a classic and elegant way.It's even didn't disappoint for me over the last 11 years.

Little Black Dress is an appealing floriental with beautiful blooming white flowers( on me mostly jasmine, cyclamen and gardenia) with a hint of spice( coriander)..all of these notes covers by a soft and velvety base(tonka and musk dominates on my skin).So subtle and delicate perfume exited by plum and kissed by a dusting of powder.

Irresistible and intimate.Simply divine.

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

too flat&boring
not my cup of tea

elifcandan
elifcandan

Not a different smell. Just FRESH and FLORAL.

LlygaidSerennog
LlygaidSerennog

I feel Very sophisticated and grown-up when I wear this, it's definitely a night time scent.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

This smells classic and elegant. I've gotten many compliments, mainly from men. The staying power is not good. But you could reapply it since it's not expensive.

sofababe
sofababe

I am testing this today after being gifted a sample by my Avon rep yesterday.
What to say?.....It smells very nice indeed but it reminds me of a hundred other perfumes. And it also has the rather too familiar Avon issue of no lasting power. 3 hours and its gone. I know its cheap so we shouldn't expect too much but I'd rather spend a little more and know I smelled good all day.
The scent itself is pleasant enough, plenty of lovely white florals. I don't know if Avon do a matching body creme/lotion, but if they do I'd definitely recommend buying it to go with the EDP to extend the longevity. A good budget buy if you have the time and inclination to reapply regularly.

clairewingate
clairewingate

I have tried many avon perfumes & they smell ok but don't last long & i find myself getting bored very quickly.
However this one i tried as it was on offer & i love it, even my hubby commented how nice it was & it lasted all day.
Going to reorder & also try LRD & LWD as well & hope i like them just as much.

peonia555
peonia555

on my skins it smells a lot like Versace crystal noir. Very sexy and sophisticated. I'd wear it in the evening, it's not a morning/afternoon fragrance for me and it's also a fall/winter one. I have a sample but i think I'd buy a bottle!

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

I got this perfume for christmas this year and i love it. I didn't test previous so it was a gamble but i am so glad i got it.

It smells very expensive like a high end brand perfume. Also i love that avon frequently have sales on their perfumes, so i got this perfume very cheap.

It's a sweet floral perfume That smells mature but not old-ladyish atall. I think it would suit ages around 20+

It's a comforting scent to me and reminds me of christmas as a child. My mother would take me to a department store to buy toys and there was also a perfume counter on the way.

Eneli
Eneli

Smells pretty nice, I allmost love it.
Classy, not bad Avon!
The more I sniff it the more I like it. I just tried a sample but I guess I´ll be buying the whole bottle soon.

reddoor2000
reddoor2000

This fragrance is really nice and would recommend it,its really subtle and a good buy......

crystal999
crystal999

I love this one,it's the best perfume from avon:)so classy and smell expensive:)it smells good on me and it's my signature spring fragrance:)

Misenchanted
Misenchanted

A friend was throwing this pefume away still boxed and sealed. I was happy to give it a whirl. A pleasant, subtle, easy-to-wear, but not particularly striking perfume. Good to wear to the office. Staying power is very poor and definitely not one to wear for a special occasions.

Nuttanews
Nuttanews

I am never sure that this scent is good for me until last week I wore it and went to the photocopy shop. The woman there came directly and asked me about the perfume. She said she really liked it and when I told that was Avon, she was amazed and mumbled that she never knew that Avon launched the nice perfume...

I was so happy and LBD is the one that can be with me morning to evening and last long on my clothes too.

Well, I thought it was too heavy for my nose. I will wear it again when I am sure that I will be only in air con room.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

After reading mostly positive reviews for this scent , i have come to the conclusion i recieved an "off" bottle of this scent .

Now heres a story . I dated a man last year, 1st date was OK , on the 2nd he said "ive bought you a gift". It was a small rollerball bottle of this LBD. Smelt awful to me ... . maybe it was off ?

all i could smell was cheap nasty scent , mixed with the smell of a vintage aldehyde type fume? No flowers or anything im afraid

The funny thing is the silly man who got it me ( im assuming he paid next to nothing on ebay!) tried to tell me that "This is a really good scent you know , it was recommended to me.....it wasnt cheap you know ". Yeah right !! Oh dear ! I said nothing but he obviuosly hadnt clicked that im really into perfume and know that Avon is nothing special really.

He also got me a cheapo nasty chain that he reckoned to be " 18 carat gold " . I bet the tight bugger got both chain and scent for under £10. I can cope with people not been able to afford exspensive gifts , but insulting my intelligence by trying to pass off cheap scent and fakes as "something special" , is a BIG No No !! Needless to say he didnt get another date and his junk presents were binned. Typical penny pinching Yorkshire men for you :)

Im now curious to smell this as a fresh , new sample and see if i percive it different

iulianash
iulianash

my mom have this parfume ... me esplcially i don't so much how it smells on me but you know the pafrume smellss different on different body

zuzla
zuzla

very classy, elegant, femine and longlasting frag

ms.angeni
ms.angeni

i just got samples from i think all perfumes from avon.
the almost only one i liked was little black dress.the most of them was just bad and a few i can tolerate.so avon maybe your prices is ok but so many perfumes are just bad.

tanjag

I have to complete my review, longer I have it, more I like it. LBD is an excellent scent, I really feel peony and the bottle is so elegant. Great work!

tanjag

I have to disagree with the preceeding review. Why? First, this perfume is exciting and interesting absolutely not boring, and perhaps you will agree - it is prettier at the end that in the beginning, simply elegant, glamorous feminine perfume, maybe more suitable for evening occasions but you can use it during a day, nothing happens... ´cause it is also very pleasant, floral and what is important - not heavy scent!

daliflora
daliflora

This fragrance seems promising at the beginning, but ends up being rather boring... lasting power is very poor, too.

dadulka82
dadulka82

Like most Avon fragrances it does not last long enough for me, but it is cheap and cheerful

Kione
Kione

I have been wearing it through the winter. Reminds me of Allure, but I got a bit bored with it. Not special enough I think, trying to find another winter fragrance.

Edit to say: I've fallen in love with it again! I am loving it in the colder days.

Liina
Liina

Little Black Dress somewhat reminds me of 5th Avenue by Elizabeth Arden. They are actually different but the elegance and femininity is the same in both fragrances. Little Black Dress is spicier and warmer. And it's not as long-lasting as 5th Avenue. But it's okay because it's also cheaper.
But Avon is doing a good job. I can absolutely picture myself wearing a little black dress on a fancy coctail party while wearing this perfume. Makes you feel like a classy lady.

Anaa
Anaa

Everytime I smell it I feel happy and I can't abstain to smile even if it's not my type of perfume.I wear it everytime i feel breathless or unhappy because it makes me feel much better.

floricica
floricica

Little Black Dress smells a lot like J'adore, only it is not so intoxicating . The staying power is good : it starts out with a worm and fearly strong projection, but it gets hard to notice if you don't move from here to there.

flowersandcandy
flowersandcandy

My signature fall-winter fragrance.I wear this during the day and it's one of the classiest perfumes.It's warm,powdery,floral and at the same time an attention grabber.whenever i wear this i get compliments.My boyfriend love love loves this perfume :D

lara0905

Little Black Dress was my signature fragrance for years, and I really like it until this day.I think I gonna keep this in my collection forever. It's a subtle, soft scent, it's stays on my skin 6-8 hours.

madhatter1
madhatter1

When I had it used it up back then it was such a little bottle. It recall sandalwood musk floral a little fruity. It was nice but it may not have lasted on me.

Halvah

I totally agree with the review below, it's a beautiful light floriental with poor sillage and lasting power. It's classy and smells expensive in the first minutes, after that I hardly smell anything. Very well blended and altough it's widely known and ne of Avon's best sellers, it's not that easy to wear, boring pretty, nice fragrance in my opinion. It has character indeed, but due to the poor sillage it's not satisfying enough.

Belil
Belil

This one is impossible to overdose. And i'm sure it will not offend anyone.
To me it is soapy in a nice way I really love this one for many years alredy, but I wish it had a better projection and sillage. This is really beautiful and sophisticated floral, maybe one of the best Avons ot there. Too bad it does not last at all :(

StarMagix
StarMagix

Once upon a time, I loved this scent so much that I sent my Mom and sister both bottles for holidays. Now...I do not think it smells good on me any longer. I am sure it has to do with my aging and chemistry changing with the passing years. All said, this is a lovely scent, I still have it, but I cannot wear it yet again.

rdc_cristina
rdc_cristina

Loved this smell once upon a time. Now I can't wear it although it smells ok.

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

Loved this scent as a teenager and still find it pleasant now, although I probably won't wear it. I still own my little perfume roll-on. :) The smell is indeed sophisticated and feminine, and mysterious.

RadwaElshami
RadwaElshami

Sophisticated. Wore it 8 years ago, and used its body cream, and purchased it again last year. Never fails to impress me. Chic and mesmerizing, carries me away to other places.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Very classy and very French. Absolutely love it. Of all Avon perfumes I have tried, this is by far the best in my opinion. It is creamy and sexy, has style and sophistication. I think this is the female version of Valentino for men (which my husband wears and I adore).

In some bizzare way, this perfume reminds me of Fracas. Yeah, I know, most think that Fracas is the perfume to beat, and LBD doesn't even have tuberose... Still, my mind can't help but make the connection. Another connection I make is with Boucheron. Both Fracas and Boucheron are very French, and I think that's what they have in common with LBD. Personally, I can't wear either Fracas or Boucheron but I find LBD VERY wearable - it is a bit more mellow, and definitely more modern.

Bethesda
Bethesda

This is one of my favourites as it's so easy to wear, warm and sophisticated. The bottle and scent is reminiscent of Chanel with its simple square clear and black cap, plain square clear bottle and well-balanced, clean lingering quality that scents like Chanel Allure have. The notes that really stand out for me are ginger, musk, tonka bean and white flowers and there is a hint of coriander and possibly a mandarin citrus note. It all blends together very well and lasts for hours (the EDP) and is clean enough to wear in the day and musky enough to wear in the evening. Really great value too considering the full price is very reasonable and Avon often has discount deals on top. Would recommend to anyone who likes elegant musky, clean, oriental floral scents!

sarugli
sarugli

I've been using this for years! My last bottle had no staying power/strength, but have realized it must have been edt. A friend bought me a new bottle which is edp, this is miles better!
I thought it reminded me of something by Chanel, maybe Allure?
You can't really go wrong with this perfume.

gem5656
gem5656

I come to this website so many times during the day....always looking for insight into perfumes before I buy them. To me, the most important info on a perfume before buying it, is how long the scent lasts. I know it varies, like the smell of the perfume on each person, but majority wins, I think, and I tend to not buy if the majority say that the perfume scent doesn't last.

bombonica
bombonica

a classy perfume from avon. I have a friend that buys this for 7 years, since high school. She loves it and gave it a try and bought it for myself a few years ago...It's pretty and classy

sofiii
sofiii

Little Black Dress starts quite fruity, slightly discreet pineapple and berries YSL Baby Doll kinda fresh aquatic-ish, which is quite shocking to my expectations, I was expecting a more classic, femmine, oriental perfume bears some similarities with Opium and so.

Then it gets slightly tart, with some kinda citrusy hint as in a tart citrusy cake, plus some faint flowers in a well-blend, subtle way. However, there’s something gives me a headache, something feels plastic and synthetic, in the same way quite a lot sports/aquatic perfumes give me a headache.
I bet I’ve smelt Little Black Dress quit often. It does have some ‘little black dress’ quality, it’s nice, inoffensive (if you only smell a whiff from someone around you), feminie and quite appropriate for nearly any occasion. Somehow it emits a kind of aura similar to Dior J’adore, but J’adore has more white flowers bling blings and louder in a ‘I am here’ way.
However, the drawback is, Little Black Dress smell kinda old, as in the perfume is old, sprayed there for a while and evaporated. At this stage, the peony smell becomes more significant, but it reminds me of taking out a pile of used stripes with scent from Chloe, Marc Jacob and perfume along those lines, from your handbag, after half a day.

The dry down is fainter, a little bit soapy-sweeter and less sharp.

Maybe it is a little black dress to some, it’s nice in a so-so way, and I find it lacks a backbone to be a perfect little black dress.

purnima
purnima

After reading a lot of positive reviews of this perfume, I gave it a try. I would say that it is different, a classic and an occasions perfume. The EDP is strong and has good staying power. I have also used the deoderant which can be used as daywear as its lighter than EDP. But I got bored of it after using it for a few months. However, the fragrance is sexy, oriental and ideal for wearing at parites.

perfumegirl
perfumegirl

ok ive just seen and read the reviews on little black dress .... some quite mixed reviews and reactions from some of you on here ...ok well i do like little black dress although right in saying that this is a scent for a special occasion or for evening use not one for everyday use .. in my opinion this is a bit strong quite a woody odour to this perfume nothing memorable about this perfume wouldnt go out of my way to buy it much prefer the little white dress perfume by avon as its lighter and less overpowering and more memorable than lbd.

saso eltaweel
saso eltaweel

LBD is definitly one of the best from avon
it's so class perfume & smell expensive

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

This one is a nice scent from Avon, very comfortable. At first is a bit spicy, but then sweet and warm. For this price is a good choice to go to the theatre or to work if you like classic style. I think, it's Avon's best scent. Nothing special, but nobody will run away from you...

Passionflower
Passionflower

Very nice happy, sweet, floral perfume. Great for everyday wear, light and pleasant. Not spectacular or out of the ordinary, but nice.

FallenAngel
FallenAngel

i think that's...a very feminine fragrance...my mom has it and sometimes i use it :D

guest_Debbie
guest_Debbie

I don't see how it can be the same as Chic in Black. CIB has fruity notes, floral notes, and woody notes. This one smells a lot spicier than CIB.
Little Black Dress is an oriental, while the CIB is a floral fruity.
They both smell good though.

nickflick
nickflick

Very easy to wear classic perfume.
Does not smell cheap and would suit most occassions except summery sporty.
I find Avon perfume is especially good when used with the body products such as lotion and shower gel. Quite lovely.

marcela86
marcela86

Sweet,warm,elegant, but not very special, I got bored of this very quickly. And it's also very shortlasting for an EDP.

Halvah

It has a strong alcoholic smell at first, but then it turns into that special, not-at-all-cheap fragrance, that is so lovely. Maybe there is a slightly resemblance between this and SJP Covet, but Covet is much crispier, more citrusy and fresh; LBD is more elegant. It's not really warm, not really cool, spicy enough but not in the common 'oriental' sense, it's just a slightly tart-bitter fragrance that I like on others, but cannot really wear myself.

guest_ashh
guest_ashh

i love it bt its availability is rare in my country...

sophievlad
sophievlad

Quite decent, classic perfume, to me it reminded of Carolina Herrera's 212. Not exactly a Little Black Dress, rather a Black Jacket White Blouse type, to my mind...more suitable for office wear. Not a strong smell, stays very close to the skin for a couple of hours on me. A good cheap perfume that smells more expensive than it is.

KellyChrisp
KellyChrisp

I really love this perfume, everytime i wear it, it ticks all the boxes. It is not very sweet, it is balanced a little spicy warm but there is something else i cant put my finger on. something which makes it very lovable.. ;)

laura.poison
laura.poison

this is my favorite perfume from avon. It's classy and feminine, floral and sensual. It makes me feel happy and beautyful when I wear it and that's just what a perfume should do, in my opinion. It goes better for a mature woman (not old!!) , a woman that knows very well who she is and what she wants.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Some of the reviewers here have been very snobby in their comments about this being a "budget" priced perfume but they fail to realize that spending a lot of money on a perfume doesn't mean that it is necessarily any better than one that is reasonably priced. Some expensive perfumes smell disgusting and some cheaper ones smell lovely!

Anyway, Little Black Dress smells creamy, fruity, warm and seductive. It's a very good perfume for the price and smells much more expensive than it actually is. I think women of any age could wear it and it's light enough to be worn during the daytime as well as at night. It's a very nice perfume ... try it!

MondeoGirl

I discovered by accident, that LBD has an amazing similarity to Estee Lauder's "Intuition" which I wore to work the other day! Yet it's a fraction of the cost! Amazing!

guest_Bo Peep
guest_Bo Peep

A versatile fragrance that can easily be worn on any occasion. Ironically, the fragrance gets a little tiring after a while.
None the less, a bottle of Little Black Dress is great to leave in your handbag for an emergency application.

swedeangel

well,maybe janina, maybe i am . but im not here to read about how posh and snobbish attitude one has,and how little another seems to know about perfumes and so on , im here to read about perfumes and to be able to rewew without getting judged and commented for the opinions.

swedeangel

Please,i see an argue on its way in this thread ! Lets not cut one anothers throats here,were just here for the fun ! Close this argument and get back to reweing scents!

guest_Jana
guest_Jana

To picuri82. What a silly and "like to be posh" attitude. My dear if you knew anything about perfumes, you would know that you can not judge by price (well obviously some natural ingredients are very expensive and it shows in the price of the perfumes see J`Adore Absolu by Dior, or No.5 pure perfume by Chanel). But there is too many crap but expensive perfumes. For people like you brand sells. As long as there is majory people like you - Happy days for mass marketing strategies. :-)

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I am smelling a sample of it now and i most say its a nice scent.Fresh and a bit spicy.Reminds me of a bodylotion i had from Croatia,it was a special brand with natural ingredients.Very wearable and like i said,nice.Thats the best word for describing it.With that name i would exept something deeper and darker but this works well as a day scent too.
Perfumes doesnt have to be expensive to smell good,i have smelled many that are good even though they are cheaper.I think the thing is that people immediatly judge lowpriced scents after the price.So they always have to say something about it so they dont feel like they like cheap scents..If you see what i mean.But it is true that the lasting power can often be bad..

kylexora
kylexora

This is a very lovely perfume from avon. very elegance. a little bit like Estee Lauder - Intuition. now i dont really like this perfume, and i got bored of it. but i replace it with Intuition and i never get bored if Estee Lauder - INTUITION.

moonruby
moonruby

Versatile and refined at the same time. It's oriental and floral notes are what bring out it's sophistication. It's subtle fruit notes make it wearable for women of all ages.
Basically, this fragrance is composed of a little bit of everything.

Wear this to social gatherings, dinner parties, festivities; etc...

IuliaPana
IuliaPana

I like it.Considering the price, the smell is quite nice. No staying power at all. Nice recipient.

Uni Mihaela
Uni Mihaela

I used to love this one. I still have a few drops of it. Not very intense on the skin. It fades quite quickly after you have applied it, but in the bottle it's fascinating. Sweet and mysterious without excesses or provocative innuendo.

Rainmood
Rainmood

The only Avon fragrance I have been buying for a decade. And it is really suitable for black clothes. Chic, classic and "expensive".

MondeoGirl

After reading some of the reviews here, I kept thinking "what have I missed?" and purchased a bottle of the new look "LBD" now called "Chick In Black" in USA. I have to say, it's several years since I'd last tried it and I've changed my mind, it's actually really wearable! It is warm, sophisticated and classic with a subtle underlying sweetness that is not initially apparent. Great for any event or time of day.

vdxl
vdxl

This is definitely recommended for classic women, which like Chanel No 5, Oriflame Eclat( similar to this one,really). It is like a modern No 5 with no aldehydes, just a little rose and jasmine and soft vanilla and woods. Sexy, wearable anytime, anywhere. I really love this on girls and women. It does smell expensive when it really isn't.

elly77
elly77

Nice perfume, but doesn't last long.
I agree with the girls that question the name of this perfume though..i would call it "festive", I like to smell it in winter and it associates with Christmas and New Year Eve for me. I have no idea why - maybe because my mom wears it?

Diegof7
Diegof7

Saiu de linha aqui no Brasil, mas lembro bem dele é um floral especiado
bem classico e elegante !!

maid_marilyn
maid_marilyn

This one has grown on me and has become a favourite. I like the apricot and floral scent and the bit of spice. The drydown is particularly lovely: the sandalwood and tonka bean are there, and the touch of fruit which I assumed was the apricot but perhaps is actually plum. I find it to be a rather good compromise scent for when it's not too hot or too cold out, and I can't decide whether to wear a warm scent or a floral.

(I notice, by the way, that this has been reintroduced into the North American market as "Chic in Black".)

kayka
kayka

what to say?? this perfume has nice smell, but lasting power = 0 . :(

i don't want to spend my money to this one anymore, because my expectation aren't satisfied.

sarselia
sarselia

all my friends liked this perfume and I also find it ok but... for me the name of this perfume seems to be wrong.
i mean i would imagine myself wearing a different kind of perfume with a black elegant dress.
anyway it is a soft smelling perfume suitable for a special occasion and that's it.
nothing special.

alina terec
alina terec

this is a true classic, at least for the younger generation (20-30 year olds). used to be good and strong , isn't anymore. the bad thing about this frag is that if you decide to buy it leting youself be seduced by it's magical deep scent, you risk smelling the same as other 1000000 ladies around you whatever social class. i personally wouldn't like to smell the same as the cashier at the super, or the cleaning lady from my building(with all due respect). a nice elegant frag all in all, leaves a nice woody musky trail on your skin, very sensual. should really be worn with it's name:)

Russian
Russian

This fragrance tries to be classic.I liked it.Younger girls should wear it at night,on special occasions (like I did),but for the elder ones it can be used daily.It is pleasant and special.I don't like Avon,i don't use it,but this perfume is something i recommend to try.

katyas
katyas

*EDIT* 12/13/10 I put this on again today and am getting a lovely, sweetly floral scent today (body chemistry is a strange thing!!), but I put it on about 45 minutes ago and it is already about ready to fade away, sadly. Now I rather like it, but with the fast disappearing act I doubt I'll repurchase - even with the bargain price, there really isn't any point if I have to reapply every hour or so. Too bad, that. **END EDIT, begin original text below**
This is a sharply floral scent and I like it OK but it isn't among my favorites or very high up in my circulation of fragrances. I guess it is the herbal notes at the top that keep me from liking this fragrance.

Inani
Inani

yes,it's one of the best Avon's perfumes,because it lasts long,but on the other side it's nothing special.It's not of these perfumes that i would buy again.

elaida_00
elaida_00

i believe this is a clasic perfume, my mom is in love with it it`s dry but has also some floral notes..i think is appropriate also for work and some night out

MondeoGirl

To me this scent was dry, woody and a bit masculine. Luckily it faded relatively quickly. I couldn't see what was supposed to be so special about it but kept wearing it hoping to catch on. I never did and will happily not buy it in future.

rieuse
rieuse

My mom gave my this perfume about three years ago and I just loved the scent: when the top notes start fading there's something very close to Chance by Chanel though they're of different olfactive families. The staying power was disappointing but the beautiful scent totally compensated it.

Alexey
Alexey

One of Avon's best perfumes EVER! I loved it(and I'm a guy!). It smelled very good, if not perfect, on every woman! It was truly a ladies perfume!

sophywt
sophywt

This one is not discontinued, Avon just stops selling is in certain countries, ie. US. In China, Little black Dress is still available at Avon's counter.

I like this one, very soft and subtle. but its staying power is poor.

crysna
crysna

My grandma introduces me to this one, she was in love whit it since it cames out in 2001. when avon discontinues this (a HUGE mistake 4 me)i travel to europe and my surprise was that i found it! i bought like 6 bottles to my grandma and me. she was very happy! the fragrance is soft, femenine and it has something that makes it unique! i'll agree with the 1 review SJP's COVET smells identical to it. but my grandma says there's no one like avon's little black dress!!!

feyza
feyza

very feminine but in my opinion it is a mother parfume,not for younger.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

well, in my country it is still available. the scent is nice, however, it seems a bit uninteresting to me. i was appealed by the elegance of the bottle, but i expected a bit stronger and more seductive fragrance. perhaps, i should try it again. :)

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I liked this perfume. To me SJP's Covet smells almost identical to it. Little Bk Dress has been discontinued for a long time now. I used to always get compliments on it, but I got bored of it quickly.

Little Black Dress by Avon 3.70 out of 5 based on 936 ratings and 131 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Little Black Dress fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Little Black Dress, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Little Black Dress by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Little Black Dress by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.