Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Little Red Dress Avon for women

Little Red Dress Avon for women
dislike

Little Red Dress by Avon is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Little Red Dress was launched in 2011. Top notes are citruses, raspberry and plum; middle notes are jasmine and rose; base notes are musk, sandalwood and amber.

Citruses Raspberry Plum

Jasmine Rose

Musk Sandalwood Amber

Little Red Dress Fragrance Reviews

usualla
usualla

I've purchased this one I think 2 years ago as a blind buy.it was so cheap.All I get from this perfume is spice.it's very strong (I've used only half of the bottle) so I use it only at night.it could be overpowering so 3 to 4 sprays would be sufficient for the entire night.great for cold weather.overall it is a nice perfume but i dont think I will repurchase it,spicy scents are not my cup of tea

RaluAndreea81
RaluAndreea81

IMO, this is the best in the "Little ...Dress" collection by Avon.
It's feminine, it's young, it's sweet, it's delicious!
When I spray it on, 1st thing that comes to mind is: sugary red fruits. It's luscious.
I don't know exactly what happens to it when it's on my skin, but it changes a bit...I have people everyday telling me how nice it is and "what are you wearing"...I tell them it's Avon, they all remain pleasantly surprised.
I stays on my skin all day long, and on my clothes..
I usually don't like sweet scents, but this one, won my over.
I go tru 4/5 bottles a year. I only buy them on promotion, which in my country happens every 3/4 months, when I get it with max 10 euros.

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

When i first spray it, woody notes were very strong and i was like " hmmm ooookkk :/ " but minutes later baaammmm floral and fruity notes appears... This is a nice perfume... Ok it doesnt smells like Nina but reminds expensive smell. When it dry to me smells a little bit like Sensuelle mixed with Infinite Moment also by Avon..Give it a try...!

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

One of Avon's best, me thinks. Long-lasting, joyful, aromatic, interesting... Love the raspberry-cedar combination, the original LBD's plum also echoes in the background, but in a much more delicate manner - a very-well balanced scent, suitable for most occasions. I like it most in September... Late raspberry season?... Maybe...:)

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This opens sweet, slightly gourmand, fruity and spudy (mixture of wood and spice).
I advise an easy trigger finger with this one as it's quite a powerful fragrance, but worn correctly, this is one gorgeous, sexy perfume. I sprayed once in my cleavage and it lasted all day long without being too overpowering.
The heart is very sweet, I can't identify individual notes, it's slightly synthetic, but it is what it is. There is a woody vibe, I get a faint rather addictive chocolate note and lots of juicy fruit.
I must say that this perfume is sugar plum sweet, deliciously addictive, wonderful for evening wear as it may be a little heavy for office wear and very feminine.
I love this, it has a place in my collection without a doubt, it smells far more expensive than it is and it doesn't scream 'Avon' at you.

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

This was a blind buy for me and I'm pleasantly surprised. Finally, an Avon rose and jasmine that I can wear. It's bright and joyful and a wear anywhere, anytime kind of fragrance. It's definitely a floral, unmistakably so. Thankfully it's not heady, I know this because it doesn't give me a headache. On dry down, it's a perfect, natural rose. I don't get much of the citrus but there is a faint glow of warmth thanks to the amber and very subtle woods. I almost decided against it after the disappointment of my blind purchase of Little White Dress, my lesson is learned. I can't wait for the winter so I can brighten up the days with warmth and pass the time until I can open the windows again and let the summer back in.

emi
emi

Reminds me of Nina by Nina Ricci in the red apple bottle.

ruby roro
ruby roro

تحفه بموووت فيها

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

I really want this, but it seems hard to find for an affordable price. There's no sign of it on the Avon website, which is very disappointing for a perfume that's supposedly only 2 years old. I wish they'd keep things around longer.

zolitagirl

oh and I just have to add to the previous that LBD
is now one of my favorite perfumes...I have Charlie Red and it doesn't smell
at all like that to me. Its much nicer and less chemically I feel...It is a warm comforting encompassing Gorgeous scent. I love it just as much or more than Little Black
Dress by avon which is also gorgeous and classy and elegant, only this one is less restrained and more va va voom! I get comments Every Time I wear either of them...I love spraying it on my pillow at night...It has such a comforting effect on me. We are having earthquakes at the moment and I find I am really using it more right now to help calm me down and get me to sleep. i keep smelling my pillow and my scarf as I drift off! One of Avons absolute best ever.

zolitagirl

For me, I agree with the person earlier that this is a perfume for a passionate intense woman. It's warm sweet, spicy and the rose and the jasmine give it a touch of elegance at the same time. I'm loving wearing it today though I will have applied it four times already today as on me it just doesn't last....The good news is that I've WANTED to apply it four times as I've wanted a whiff of that aroma again!

jekaterinka
jekaterinka

Very stinky fragrance - on me. Rapsberry? No way! I didnt smell any fruits, just heavy spice and it causet me headache. I gave it my friend, she was so happy - and it smells so good on her, very feminine.

رانيا.محمدعبدالمنعم
رانيا.محمدعبدالمنعم

i like this one ... sweety & cheerful ,,,

berrycool1211
berrycool1211

I can smell the sandalwood, jasmine and citrus scents very clearly. It has an attractive scent. It's feminine and classy. I think it's good to wear in evenings and in late night parties.
A really nice perfume.

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

at first its kinda fruityand not special but after awhile it became really classy and elegant I like it but lasting power is average

millie1980
millie1980

I haven't smelt Charlie Red for years - but this what this perfume reminds me of...not at first, when it smells of fruit, but a few minutes later....it takes me back to my teenage years.

It's not sophisticated or elegant, but it has a sweet, comforting smell, probably good for winter and gloomy days.

Ok...so, I actually went and smelt Charlie Red for the first time in about 20-odd years. LRD is a lot sweeter, but there's still a note or two in common which made me make the connection. And not just because they both have 'red' in their names :-)

truffles
truffles

Got my new 15ml 'purse spray' today.
Have just uncapped and sniffed unsprayed so far - got quite a strong smell just from that and it smelled EXACTLY like Avon Treselle Mystique (?)
Will be back when have tried more properly!
Update: Yes, it's ^, near as darnit, no fruit notes discernable at all. Cheap-smelling 'modern generic'. Very weird.
Maybe I got a mislabelled bottle or something, doesn't fit with the other reviews here.

*_koko_*
*_koko_*

I like this scent a lot.. :) It's a delicate, romantic rose scent.. I smell raspberry the very first minutes but then a nice and lovely rose and sandalwood come out and make this perfume elegant and delicate.. Really like it.. I also use this as a night use, for going out with friends or my boyfriend.. The sillage and longevity are good on me too..

RonaRona93
RonaRona93

I bought it after good reviews here on Fragrantica !
But- I was expecting something different- more like a grown up scent , sweet but fresh and zesty, with woody drydown !
This perfume doesn't smell like Amor Amor at all , maybe a bit .
This perfume smell like hmm Revlon Charlie range , something like lipstick or make up smell ! Btw , it is very very longlasting especially on clothes it stays for days !
I think smells like stronger version of Avon-Eternal Magic Enchanted :)
Like it but there is nothing special in it... Like most of Avon perfumes ...

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

Really nice fragrance. A grown up fruity scent with the right amount of floral and musky notes. Would certainly buy again.

vonwinklestine

Rodha: i think you will love this perfume. It's great quality for the price. You could also try little black dress and little white dress also from Avon, they are also really lovely.

Rodha
Rodha

as a perfume loving college girl i'm always on a lookout for good perfumes that would not put a big dent in my purse.. m looking forward to try this one. will it suit someone of my age (20) ? and can you suggest some other perfumes that fill the above specifications?
thanks in advance <3 :)

hannie5
hannie5

It figures, the AVON scent that is not sold in the US ends up being one of my favorite AVON fragrances to date. It is not overly sweet but just right.

black_vanilla

I love it ! Smells like cherries to me lol..
a Very red scent !
I absolutely love it :) the sillage and lasting are good too

black_vanilla

Smells like cherries to me idk why!!
I love it I love it I love it!
Smells sugary, fruity (cherries and rassperies) with a scent of musk which makes it clsssy !
Long lasting ,good strength !
The dry out smells AMAZING !! Wonderfully perfect :)

dimplesg
dimplesg

A lovely delicate sweet perfume. Not the usual 'Avon type' fragrance, smells quite classy. Fine to wear daily in the office as its non offensive.

genrose34
genrose34

perfect! for me.. it's my very first time to use this perfume & i love it. I got 2 bottles & another little black dress too:)

loveless446
loveless446

i really really love it

vonwinklestine

I can't explain how much i love this perfume. It smells sooo good! Something about it hypnotises me, it's so yummy and sexy! I really feel i will never get bored of this one.

Duffy
Duffy

I dont understand why some people find some fragrances smel like a toilet? Is there something wrong with a toilet nice perfume? If it smells good ten there is nothing wrong with it.. i think. my toilet smells like ylang ylang with peach and strawberry. if i find a perfume like that.. then i dont mind wearing it.

kasks
kasks

I live in a place where the weather is unpredictable. Changes from hot to cool at any moment. So Im looking out for a perfume which is long lasting but not too overpowering. Bought this perfume without trying it. The first spritz and I almost regretted buying it. But, after about 15 minutes, it settled down to a lovely fruity, floral smell with a musky(?) base. And no, the sweetness is not overpowering. 1 spritz is not overpowering, but I can imagine how more than 3 or 4 would be. Its a good perfume ( except for the initial blast), and I would buy it again, but not at full price. Would probably be a good bet to wear on an evening out or a long day at the office.
Where I live, when you convert the rates, it translates to about 11pounds and 17$ for a 50 ml bottle.
Update: This perfume has lasted more than 9+ hours on my skin.

anosh
anosh

just i love it
very nice

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

A "grown up", sophisticated fragrance which is a tad unusual (which is one of the things I like about it). I feel more confident simply for wearing it. Very feminine but not in a girlie way. I detect raspberry quite strongly but it's balanced by drier notes and spices so isn't too sweet. The bottle suits the scent and as a package has simple, effective style.

vonwinklestine

I got this perfume in the post today. I was pretty much expecting a complete dupe of amor amor as so many people had voted it smelling similar, to my surprise (a good surprise) It didn't smell anything like amor amor to me. I like amor amor, but i like when a perfume has it's own scent and doesn't just copy another. Also amor amor is my sisters signature frangrance and i wouldn't like to have the same fragrance as her.

to me, little red dress is lovely, spicy raspberry and rose, very sensual, smells expensive and i think portrays a sexy red dress very well. It's also got sweetness to make it slightly girly, but mostly it is a sexy scent. I think woman of all ages could wear this one, it is neither too old or too young smelling.

loonad
loonad

a rosier amor amor.just love it.

fanciful
fanciful

Really nice and sweet, smells almost like cupcakes! Unfortunately the lasting power and sillage suck, that's why I won't invest in a big bottle.

floricica
floricica

This is a very nice fume. An oriental frag that has a clean feel to it, I WORE I've been wearring LRD for about 6-7h, and I can still detect it's presence.
All in all, a well don scent, that to me at least, bears a strong resemblance to Nina Ricci's Pretty Nina,

bobkat
bobkat

Rather pleasantly surprised by this one...expected a sickly sweet teen scent from the components (raspberry, red fruits and musk) but is a rather more sophisticated dry fruit scent, lasts nicely and dries down to a cosy warm oriental base. Still definately fruity, but not in your face and sickly as the rose takes some of the sugary tones away...an unexpected hit!

PetalBloom
PetalBloom

Got given this for xmas & was so excited to try it as LBD is my evening scent. To me this scent is beautiful! Sweet rasberry and rose mixed with oriental/spicy it just works so well. Has quickly leap-frogged into my top 5 scents so much so I already have another bottle on order!

vonwinklestine

I think this is one i will have to try. I already love LBD AND LWD. I am interested to know if it does smell like amor amor, as i do like that fragrance.

suile
suile

I like the spicy, dry raspberry notes of this one - something like Lancome's Midnight Rose, but made for a more adult market. Fairly long lasting, stays close to the wearer. Great price (£6 for 50 ml in the UK) and the bottle is very elegant, great shade of red on the cap.

MissButterfly
MissButterfly

I thought raspberry plus rose will give subtle and elegant scent but for me raspberry is too annoying (some kind of SPICY) and it lasts really long.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

I think this is a good fragrance, considering it is by Avon. A little fruity, a little soapy, but it works for me. Nothing vampy as wearing a little red dress portrays. The drydown stays close to the skin though.

RadwaElshami
RadwaElshami

I can detect the smell of soap amidst something sweet and something oriental. It makes me feel uncomfortable. For me, this is the one I dislike among the three.

Hayven
Hayven

I don't think this is sold in the U.S.; I ended up buying it on eBay from Europe.

This is a beautiful scent; the sweetness of raspberries is kept from being sugar-sweet or tart in combination with the sandalwood. I kept sniffing this over and over, because the scent is so familiar. I searched through my bottles and discovered this smells just like Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight minus all the patchouli. My biggest gripe with Delight was the patchouli, so this is a nice alternate to the more expensive bottle.

I also love the bottle; it's simple, but the cap is such a pretty shade of red.

bry
bry

I got it as a birthday present when it wasn't on the site or even on the internet. I wanted to find out exactly what kinds of notes it had because I liked it. Now I know why. It has raspberry in it but in a more sophisticated way than those sweet scents that everybody hates because they're for teens. Now I know my boyfriend knows me well (he got it for me). :)

Liina
Liina

'PLOOM' is actually 'PLUM' in Estonian so everything is correct. LOL :)

I knew I was going to love Little Red Dress even before I got the chance to try it. So I bought it unsniffed and I wasn’t disappointed. Actually it became one of my new favorites. From the very first sniff it told me: "I'm yours".
I also like Little Black Dress and Little White Dress but this one is the best for me as red is one of my favorite colours and Avon has always done such a good job creating scents that suit with their name and message that they carry.
About the scent. It’s quite sweet with ripe fruits and blossoming florals. I love the combination of sweet raspberry and plum with fresh citruses which is very delicious and makes me feel happy. But the rose and jasmine make it more elegant and feminine and help to make me feel more confident. But it’s the base that gives this fragrance the passion that carries the essence of wearing a red dress. Yes, the name suits perfectly for this perfume.
I think it is suitable for any kind of season because it is timeless red. I love it.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

I think the 'ploom' is actually 'plum' judging by the fragrance notes.

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

It sounds relatively standard and blase but I still have one question, what in the hell is ploom? LOL! :)

Anaa
Anaa

I was so excited to smell it because LBD it's one of my favorites from Avon so I bought some samples.I tried to be understanding but I can't..I don't like it.It has that annoying sweet smell like Amor Amor which I also don't like.I don't find any note of the mentioned,it's just another "similar to the others" scent from Avon.The worst of the three.

marcela86
marcela86

This smell like raspberry and rose incense! It's very sweet, in a sugary way, but I like it a lot, I'm feeling comforted and elegant when I wear it. Reminds me of Amor Amor, but it's not that strong.

Little Red Dress by Avon 3.73 out of 5 based on 279 ratings and 51 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Little Red Dress fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Little Red Dress, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Little Red Dress by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Little Red Dress by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.