Designers » A » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Mesmerize Avon for men

Mesmerize Avon for men
dislike

Mesmerize by Avon is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Mesmerize was launched in 1992. Top notes are mandarin orange, apple and bergamot; middle notes are exotic spices and myrrh; base notes are amber and woodsy notes.

Mandarin Orange Apple Bergamot

Exotic Spices Myrrh

Amber Woodsy Notes

DeMarco

Mesmerize Fragrance Reviews

Senzadite
Senzadite

Mesmerize Black is a little bit better...it just came out in the catalog.

Legolas
Legolas

I had it.. it smell's ok..but longevity is short and it have poor projection.. i will not re-buy it again..

lister
lister

Never thought that I will review or purchase Avon's cologne.This is an exception.It is a positive review.
First of all, the opening is very sharp,sweet-citrusy,not in a good way;when i sprayed it on my wrist I thought it's another fail from Avon...but within 30 min the sharp notes faded and I started smelling amber,baked apple in the background and resinous notes,later the woodsy notes kicked in and the scent settled down into soft vanilla-wood-amber goodness,you don't get this type of dry-down even with more expensive colognes.I really liked it, I am going to keep the cologne for autumn,it is a very warm,comforting scent,just let it settle down on your skin.

newbee3114
newbee3114

I just picked this up today and wanted to be fooled by my thoughts but my thoughts were right all along... this stuff needs to go back to where it came from.. I can not believe you guys like this cologne.. WOW HATE IT.... Feels like a 1980's fragrance horror film.....

RobbieX
RobbieX

One of the nicest Avons. Apple is noticeable with some citrusses and spices. Longevity and projection are OK too. A very good value and a pleasant fragrance.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

A lucky mistake. Ordered in error by my Avon lady, it's really really nice, stunned it's Avon. Wore it to work yesterday and the laugh is it had more compliments then the Dior Homme the day before. Ok the longevity is poor, but for ₤13, who cares. Really nice.

Riobard
Riobard

This one has never seem to let me down old school memorys LOVE this stuff and most people dont know its avon.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

This Avon fragrance definately deserves more reviews.

Since Mesmerize is fresh and likeable, I had no qualms about gifting it to a male relation for Christmas. The nice thing about this bottle is that it looks Far more expensive than it is. Happily, that it true of the juice as well - quality at a great price!

I've had a bit of a shock, however, in discovering that I'd really enjoy a bottle of Mesmerize for myself! In my humble opinion, it's well balanced enough to be a great unisex. There is a slightly sweet and powdery wood in the drydown that merits comment. It gives a comforting feeling - something not all aromatic or fougere fragrances can evoke.

Summary~

If the price were higher, I'd expect better longevity. But at the sale price of 10 USD, I think this is just about perfect! FIVE STARS

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Surprisingly, for Mesmerize being an AVON product, it has been done very well. All of the notes smell natural, nothing synthetic, it's blended well, and the overall quality is excellent. Mesmerize is a fantastic perfume for cold weather. The Myrrh and Exotic Spices give the feeling of being cozy. The drydown being Myrrh and Amber is delicious without any nastiness or anything synthetic smelling popping up. Sillage is quite good but not choking, and it appears that even if you go a little heavy on the trigger, because longevity is not strong, maybe 4 hours, that it doesn't become cloying or overpowering. I'm a total niche whore, and I really like this one, especially that balmy Myrrh and Amber drydown... for the pricepoint, it's a no-brainer. Mesmerize is an excellent feel good perfume with quite a bit of richness that smells about 10x more expensive than what it really is, and as lame as it sounds to layer Mesmerize over an expensive Oud perfume, it works beautifully due to that strong Myrrh accord... definitely buy this juice!

enigmalad
enigmalad

I ended up with a bottle of this fragrance when a friend became an Avon rep. It was a bit of dilemma finding something to buy but the men's fragrance was 2 for $20, so it was a partly a solution as well as an experiment.
As another reviewer has said, this is strongly reminiscent of Zino, on the dry down however, it becomes quite sweet, spicy and gorgeous even, supported by a nice wood note.
The real downside is the longevity, on me it's down to mostly sweet traces in a couple hours (though that seems to linger on for a number of hours more). It's a sad ending for what is really a nice fragrance.
The bottle and sprayer are beautiful (though the lettering on the face is a bit cheesy). Overall I think this would be the AVON fragrance to buy or ask for it that brand comes your way. It would probably make a great loo spray if you don't want to wear it.

steve0580
steve0580

This was a blind buy for me, after reading the reviews here.

My expectations weren't very high, considering it was Avon and the fact that I was able to buy a bottle for under $15.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised.

The fragrance opens with moderate citrus and it doesn't take very long for the other notes to appear. Although I don't smell the amber, I do notice the spicy notes and a bit of myrrh.

Quite honestly, if I were given a sample of this and smelled it, not knowing what it was, I would NEVER have guessed it was an Avon product. In addition, I would have expected it to be a niche product from one of the more respected houses.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

So I finally got my hands on a bottle of Mesmerize.. I have smelled a couple other fragrances for men by Avon and I did not like them at all.. I always thought of Avon fragrances as cheap, like a step above Axe or Bod for example.. But I happened to sniff this in a Avon magazine, it was a scratch n sniff so I didn't really get to get a true whiff of it.. But I just recently bought it because of how nice the price was.. I just sprayed it and wow! Starts off nice and fresh, with apple and bergamot which turns into a beautiful spicy myrrh scent that dries down to amber and woods.. I am amazed at how good this smells for the price I paid! I never expected that an Avon fragrance could smell so good! It definitely reminds me of something I have smelled before but I can't remember what it was.. It smells very exotic and resinous but It still smells fresh and, it is also powdery in a very good way.. I know I am going to be wearing this a lot in the cold weather! It could be a great signature scent for fall and winter.. I bought the aftershave gel, roll on deodorant, shampoo body wash, and talc powder along with the bottle.. The price is unbeatable! I have a huge collection of high end designer fragrances and some niche ones and this just smells great to my nose! It may not be the most complex scent or of the highest quality but boy does this smell good and I know it will be getting me compliments this upcoming fall/winter! :)

vincentk18
vincentk18

This is a fantastic fragrance for the price. It smells exotic, deep, and lush.

The first thought that comes to my head when I spray this is "damn, I wanna f**k me".

DEFINITELY a date scent.

Not for work. Don't overspray. It doesn't project huge but it will choke you out up close if you spray too much.

1-2 sprays will make your lady smile, and for the price, you'd be nuts not to try it.

djr0825
djr0825

I know many people love this scent but honestly when i tryed it i smelled like an old man all day this one just wasnt for me.

GuyGuess
GuyGuess

This scent is by far the best that Avon for Men has to offer. A classic (Polo Original) like fragrance, this is a must have for any collection. Go light on the spray because this fragrance is very strong. Buy it, you will enjoy it and so will those around you.

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

Man I just dont know how to fit this guy into my rotation. I purchased this because I remembered smelling this scent in churches growing up and it brought back great memories; however, this fragrance causes me to have the most aggravating headache and my wife hates it. The dry down (which happens in 2 hours) reminded me of John Varvatos' dry down (which happens in 6 - 8 hours). Maybe I need to wait for the winter season?

Update: It is now cooler and I absolutely love this fragrance. It's so warm and soothing... reminds me of drinking apple cider while sitting near a fireplace. I find this fragrance much more appealing if sprayed at least a foot away from your body - no more headaches! The drydown is amazing.

chadwayne
chadwayne

The deep blue hypnotic color of the glass bottle is the first eye-catcher, a sense that is appealed to by many company representatives in the cosmetic industry. This handblown glass fixture stands in a perfect rectangle complete with gold embossed wording of the most 'erotic testing' word. It will 'mesmerize'.

The definite lingering scent of exotic spice and some fertile flora (woody bark or sap) combined with the very expensive herb myrrh, lasts years and years and years. When it was purchased as a gift for valentines, originally about a decade plus five years ago, it was all about the eternal flame of forever being remembered by the one that splash some on before he hit the place that you and him love to visit. A place where he loves you so.

Manufactured and distributed by Avon, the leading cosmetic company in the world, this product monopolizes on the enigmatic affect the scent has on any woman who has her pheremone radar ‘kicked up a notch’. I distinctly sense the subtle hint of berries ! Some will tell you it is a mixture of blueberries, blackberries laden with musk and bergamot while I tell you it is a combination of cinnamon, myrrh, tangerine and maybe even an allspice on top of juicy blackberries and a few blueberries. It simply is a smell that tantalizes both taste buds and olfactory nerves ~

It sets something magickal off also. In my experiences with the same man wearing this scent on different ocassions the expected result overcame. After I inhaled slightly sweaty worked out golden brown tanned and life-wretched skin infused with Mesmerize, I was. It just does what the bottle says and of course the attitude of the stallion wearing it, well you know you are in a for a sweet reciprocal surprise !

This cologne will build your mates confidence when he sees you sniffing the air and wanting to get closer to what his skin and that smell combine. EROTICA ! I have had the pleasurable experience of smelling it linger on someone whose already spiked up body chemistry set off an even more uninhibiting kind of atmosphere. It brings you closer together because she wants to get close to its magnetic influence. I wanted to stay embraced in it forever and that makes the old man feel real good about 'you the man', kind of dude.

There is a wonderful noxious sensation it stirs in the front part of the face. I found the fragrance both earthly grounded in exotic spices and permanently imbedded in the olfactory storehouse where great scents evoke very good memories. I encourage this bottle to be one of the ones 'within closest reach' when wanting to make his mark on you. It stays with you long after he leaves in a very subtle gently tantalizing the sexy-dream-sleep sequences to follow, kind of experience.

With a very bold gold ball on the top of this rectangle hypnotic blue glass containing 3.4 fluid oz 100 ml of precious liquid that is clear this bottle can last the average sprayer about six months. It is because with this, very little is required to ‘do the trick’. It is powerful yet not nauseating and overbearing, unless some do not appreciate a strong citrus-woody natural scent that mixes cohesively sexy on any mans skin type. Spray about a foot from where you want the most concentration OR spray away from you and walk through it for an all-around seductive aura . . .her nose will follow you anywhere you go.

Enjoy!

Amberrose
Amberrose

Men get this! Its my favorite scent on a guy,smells amazing!!!

pob75
pob75

Smells much better than I expected. Don't disagree with any of the descriptions of the notes and overall smell.
To me it starts quite citrusy and fruity with an almost minty clearness. It slowly morphs into a thick, quite heavy, rich, incense-like, Middle Eastern/Arabic-feeling scent. It later becomes less thick, less earthy, less bitter and more powdery.

What I disagree about is the lasting power - on me this projects pretty well for about 5 hours, still smells quite clear on my skin with some projection for 9 hours and doesn't disappear for 12+ hours.

It is intriguing, wintery and somewhat Christmassy. Great to experience but not very versatile IMHO. For the price it is well worth trying. Probably the most interesting, but not necessarily my favourite, scent from Avon.

micpower
micpower

Well, Avon has made a big step with Mesmerize in its way of perfume industry.
After spraying Mesmerize you get a strong smell from mandarin and bergamot,,, wait don't hate it just wait for 5 mins .. and it will be much better, apple appears slightly .. the dry down of Mesmerize is the best dry down in Avon .. it becomes nice and masculine thanks to woody notes .. some how i can smell vanilla into it but i can't find vanilla in its notes>>

Mesmerize is used in winter or autumn .. don't spray it in summer it will not be good for u .. its magic works in cold weather only.

<< IMO:it lasts better on cloths more than skin >>

Projection : 2 -3 hours : 7.5/10
Longevity : 4-8 hours : 7.5/10
Scent : 7 /10

Final Rate : 7.5 / 10

James Lewis
James Lewis

For the price I feel this is one of the best fragrances out there.It is very unique smelling and has a very distinct orient scent to it that makes it exotic.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I remember smelling this fragrance and another avon men's fragrance and really liking both of them. This one is so nice. I could see a guy in a business suit wearing this.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Mesmerize is my #1 Avon male fragrance. Real nice and warm blend that has been around for many years. Perfect for the day and night times in the fall and winter

ABRAG
ABRAG

The smell of cleanliness

Strange

Strong in the beginning

Recommend it

tyrip19562000@yahoo.com

For the wearers who say "its really long lasting", I don't agree at all,most colognes if there long lasting you can smell it on yourself for hours,(HABIT ROUGE) (CUBA GOLD) (LAGERFELD,the original) (L'INSTANTedt) with Mesmorize I don't get that at all,not even close.Still a great,great scent just needs much longer staying power,JUST MY OPINION....

tyrip19562000@yahoo.com

First of all,in my opinion the scent is AMAZING,but it really doesn't last at all,maybe 1-2 hours then its gone.I just emailed Avon and asked them if maybe they can make a longer lasting version,maybe an EDP,if they do,it would really be a,CLASSIC.It's good if your staying around the house,and not really going anywhere special.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Mesmerize is something of a surprise - it smells remarkably better than I thought it would. In fact, it smells a lot like Zino, Davidoff's famous ambery fougere. The bergamot, orange, and lemon top notes sparkle with realism, and actually smell juicy (read: not alcoholic). They rapidly transition into an apple note, which is very closely blended against aromatic lavender, and a fine array of precious woods, including sandalwood, rosewood, and cedar. Zino employs more complex accords to achieve its ambery effect, things like rose, sage, and geranium. This results in a denser, richer experience. Mesmerize settles for a simpler and much lighter triad of apple, woods, and soft vanilla for the fadeout. In a side-by-side sniff test, Zino is dry-woody; Mesmerize is fruity-woody. Quite a delectable fougere from Avon (which mislabels Mesmerize as an oriental), very wearable, quite masculine, and extremely well made. My only complaint: it doesn't last long enough. Tack another hour onto its longevity, and it's perfect.

Bobster
Bobster

Honestly, Avon's mesmerize would put some designer fragrances to shame. This thing is amazing. It's a perfect combination of masculine and sexy all at the same time. Oh, and this thing projects like a beast. Longevity is great you will get atleast 8 hrs if not more with this fragrance. Price range? $20 on the avon website for a 3.4 oz. you can not find a better deal anywhere for the juice you are getting. If you want to risk it you can try ebay for a great deal as well. Bottom line don't let the avon logo stop you from trying this it is truly a great fragrance.

Update: I had to come back you guys and update to let you know I sprayed this on my wrist at 12:30 pm and its now 12:30am I can still smell it. Not as strong as the beginning of course but its still there and rich smelling. The drydown reminds me of a cross between A*men and dunhill's desire red and I know the pyramid does not list vanilla in this but I def detect vanilla. A very nice long lasting fragrance by Avon. WOW

Kharnak
Kharnak

Ethereal Fruity Apple Spice, a bit metallic, very very soft Powder Musk to the end. Although, very weak for me.... Just a distant Fizzy Alcohol Fruityness, just seems far away. It blends to a very close to skin fragrance on me. It's there, and the DryDown is quite pleasant and teasing. Maybe my sample was weak.... I smell the Apple Musk.... or not sure if i'm just imagining it.

Poetikbliss
Poetikbliss

The fragrance is a bit much for me, its too sweet and suffocating. Does not smell to good when one begins to sweat alot.

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

smells awesome !!! great everyday scent for all you guys who want your ladies to turn their heads and breathe in your great smell. mY HUSBAND LIKES THIS AND i'M SO GLAD BECAUSE HE SOMETIMES OVERDOES THE COLOGNE AND RUNS ME OUT OF THE ROOM WHEN HE SPRAYS IT ON. tHIS IS PLEASANT THROUGH ALL OF THE NOTES. lOVE LOVE LOVE IT. HMMM.

greystone
greystone

This is a good inexpensive cologne for everyday wear and I feel like it gets some unwarrented negative reviews because its not a high end and over priced cologne .It has an exotic fragrance that I enjoy smelling on myself and I get alot of compliments on it.It has great top notes but the dry down is a little powdery,I think it wouldve benefited from a musk scent at the end.On the whole I really like this fragrance and would recommend Mesmerize to anyone that wants to smell exotic.One of my favorites.

I just enjoy this scent, and some times refer to it jokingly as "Obsession Light". Usually I do not care where a fragrance is placed as far as olfactive group, but this is NOT a citrus aromatic, to me it is more of a fruity- aromatic meets spicy-woody for good times and friendship...

This does have a very fresh opening, til it settles on the skin and begins to dry. Then the bergamot and green apple shine briefly and mandarin sparkles a bit. The heart is what stole the show for me: myrrh and a melange of sweet, smooth spices (cardamom and allspice maybe) in a warm vapory trail, manly and very 'hot'(in a sexy way)! I am sensing something smooth and powdery also, nutmeg? But it is not a face full of spice cabinet kind of cologne, it's pretty balanced and smooth. The finish on this is a very resiny, sweet rich wood that fades gradually away. I agree with the fact that it smells more expensive than it is and though I have never smelled Zino, if it is like this but heavier with tobacco-I'm sold!!

Sillage: above average
Longevity: pretty good
Overall: 3.75/5

This is one of those scents that smells fair to good on paper or from the bottle, but on skin...it is much, much better. Something in this blends so very well with my skin that people who HATE this scent love it on me, and I'm glad...this is a great cologne for the autumn and winter right around the corner.

I'm quite impressed by this fragrance. No, it's not "great," but it's almost like getting a niche one for around $10! It's unique and natural smelling, and undeniably dynamic. However, it's not for the "fresh" and "clean" crowd. I can't say that I'm a huge fan of this combination of notes, though, but this is the kind of fragrance I can come back to every 2 or 3 months and give it another chance. I will either enjoy it or feel "challenged" by it, but it won't be boring or a "chemical nightmare." Think of other "oriental" fragrances for men, and ask yourself how many are as interesting as this one? If you are very familiar with the fragrance industry, you'll probably be thinking about some niche ones, such as Arabie. Now think of the price difference!

My old review: It comes across to me as more herbal than spicy. The initial bergamot blast seems to contain strong lavender, perhaps with an herbal element, but it doesn't last long. Soon, the myrrh and vanillic amber come into play, and the blend is very well done. The wood is not very strong, but this is no light woody/amber base that is so common in "masculine" fragrances these days. Instead, the base is actually quite similar to Zino, which is undeniably a "powerhouse." I think I prefer Zino, due to the tobacco note, but you can probably obtain Mesmerize for half the price of Zino, or even less, if price is a major consideration. All in all, it's not especially unique, being quite similar to Zino, but it's well done and the price is probably impossible to beat for this level of quality.

millan
millan

My son who is 19yrs love's Avon Mesmerize I love the way it smells so I gave it a try. It smell's amazing on me very different from what it smell on him. It smell's oriental woody. The lady's mesmerize I don't like, bit this one is out of this world!!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!

PieRat
PieRat

Wow,

Was not sure what to make of this fragrance at first. Yes the initial hit seemed to have a synthetic smell to it, almost metallic to my nose, but ohhhh the dry down. This is one sweet fragrance. I like it. It sits next to my blue sugar and lolita on my shelf.

Fishlegs
Fishlegs

I like the name (mesmerize). In fact I needed something that goes along with my instincts and feelings.

cybergoth
cybergoth

it has a great smell to it and its really strong better to be safe wear at night or cold

guest_zanamor
guest_zanamor

I buy this for my dad and he gets compliments when he wears it! I like its woody velvet aroma. it can be strong as can the feminine version but I like it.

guest_a7md elshrnoobi
guest_a7md elshrnoobi

hey , i passed from here just 2 say that it's amazing fragrance .. it's not an ordinary gift , it's not just afragrance

Ouch!
Ouch!

Argh! Oof! and other words of frustration.

If only this scent was stronger it would be a winner. It's kind of enchanting. Masculine in the traditional sense but with a modern twist.
I'm not really a fan of REALLY masculine, run of the mill scents and this one kind of is but at the same time it's got a really nice feel to it. The myrrh gives it an almsot oriental feel.

Where is the lasting power though? grr! It's gone within minutes!

sofiii
sofiii

Mesmerize is truely mesmerizing.

It starts clean, a little crispy fruity, with some green herbal taste.

Then it gets some spicy hint added in, and the exotic spicy comes and goes along a good about-one-hour-long clean powdery feeling (the powdery is cold here, like the fresh coldness you can inhale from some baby powder).

Then Mesmerize dries down to something really stunning! Angel! Yes, it smells of Tierry Mugler's Angel for another 2 hours and then disappears in creamy vanilla scent.

Mesmerize is clean but intoxicating, fruity but also aromaticly spicy. It is the most unforgatable and sexy guy's perfume I've smelt so far.(Actually it was my first time to ask a guy what perfume he's wearing and gave him compliments, and it turns out, it is Mesmerize by Avon)

kylexora
kylexora

i love it since i was teenager. but it had been discontinue from market since years ago. so, i cant enjoy the scent anymore. but, i replace it with giorgio armani - attitude. it smells quite similar and more expensive of course. overall, this is a sweet, masculine and vaer gentlement scent.

HOTRODS BY JP
HOTRODS BY JP

at first, it kinda smelt kinda weird, so i test spayed on a tissue, then the drydown smelt very nice, ai do think i am keeping this one, maybe cause its differenet from what i am used to , so i also got the body wash ,now that smells very nice this is something i can ware at work close to freinds, this is a well made scent , and the price, i got two ,tomorrow,and mezmerize both for the price for one from avon now thats a bargain, so i ad these two to my collection of mens scents, i have now 15 mens colognes and i am now looking for a fragrance from the motale collection of scents so if anyone reads this and have any sugetions for me on any motale scents then please send me some info thank you , oh and i give mezmerize four stars and two thumbs up aloha...

crysna

The essence of romance! a gift for him...sultry and sophisticated. mysterious and masculine...the scent of precious woods and exotic spices!

Aalia
Aalia

I bought it for my hoosband, because of the low price and good memories of the womenś version. He really enjoys it-and I am so shocked-it is not his usual type of scent. I don't think that any of the notes are too pronounced. I think
it is generally "sweet" wiht a pervailing masculine streak in the midnotes and base.My husband likes it overall, and comments on how he likes the dry down, as well.
I personally don't love it, but, I love
that it makes my hoosband happy.

Annette87
Annette87

I agree w/crysna. Great smelling stuff! It is my favorite men's fragrence from AVON. I am loving the begining of these cooler months, because, my man has started wearing his cologne daily.

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

This reminds me of crisp, spicy apples and warm cosy evenings snuggled up together infront of a log fire. A good winter scent for your man - you'll want to sniff his neck all night!

crysna

so strong, so masculine. this is definitely a mens fragrance! i love my hubby when he is using it. get one 4 ur guy.

Mesmerize by Avon 3.83 out of 5 based on 133 ratings and 49 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Mesmerize fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Mesmerize, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mesmerize by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mesmerize by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.