Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Mesmerize for Women Avon for women

Mesmerize for Women Avon for women
dislike

smoky

Mesmerize for Women by Avon is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women. Mesmerize for Women was launched in 1992. Top notes are mandarin orange, apple and bergamot; middle notes are exotic spices and myrrh; base notes are amber and woodsy notes.

Mandarin Orange Apple Bergamot

Exotic Spices Myrrh

Amber Woodsy Notes

Niki de Saint Phalle

Mesmerize for Women Fragrance Reviews

STARISH
STARISH

This is a very sweet and charming fragrance!
I don't know why the note of white apricots isn't listed here, since it's the highest and the best of this perfume.

I bought it yesterday because a classmate of mine in the university was wearing it and smelled BEAUTIFUL!
I deducted her fragrance was Mesmerize since she sells Avon products and some time ago she mentioned she liked how Mesmerize smelled.

It is very femenine, classy and spicy oriental. I think if you like fragrances like Lolita Lempika's L or Britney Spears' Curious, you'll absolutely love Mesmerize.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Dark, moody, totally reminded me of Niki de Saint Phalle and I was going to type that in to the space on the page here and see that several others think that as well. It is a spicy, masculine type scent that I think only works with some people's chemistry. There is a lot of resinous temple like scents going on followed by a hefty dose of sandalwood. My husband has the men's counterpart and that is beautiful and haunting as well.
Cheers!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Very powdery - probably why some people mentions "grandma". On me, I get myrrh and amber all in powder form.

One spray on me:
Sillage: a foot for first 30 minutes, then nose-to-wrist afterwards
Longevity: about 5 hrs

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

this reminds me of old times...
i prefer this version over the male one...
it's just much richer to me and last longer...
luckily i was able to get myself this classic on ebay who's cleaning up their perfume line... it was 95% full

i dunno... for some reason, i like womens perfume more... they always smell richer and pleasant compared to their male versions... obsession, eternity, clinique and so fort...

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

I wore this one in high school a lot, and I loved it. It was during the time of Sunflowers, so my perfume was completely different and stood out. But a few years ago, I tried the scent again and it is NOTHING like I remember it being! Reformulations will ruin a good thing every time!

SophieJ
SophieJ

I bought the 2013 Star version from Avon for $10. Wearing it right now... it's a mish-mash of scents, but not in a bad way. It smells like when you walk into a frangrance department in a store and all of the strong perfumes outshine the weak fruity florals; a mix of heady spice with woods and un undertone of vanilla. This is a sexy, grown-up fragrance.

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

Edit: There is now a special edition of this on Avon's website that is a 1.7 ounce spray bottle. (The Holiday version was splash)

I was just on Avon's website and noticed that there is a limited release of this fragrance in the star shaped bottle for the 2013 Holiday season.

Neurotica
Neurotica

This was my fragrance of choice in high school. I remember it as a delightful mix of woods and spices with just a hint of fruit. It made me feel more "adult" and a bit mysterious.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

Why oh why are perfumes discontinued (or changed)?!?

This is my personal favorite Avon scent, although I do enjoy many of them. Mesmerize reminds me a bit of Jovan's Frankincense and Myrrh, another discontinued perfume. It is not too sweet and could work as a man's scent (yes, I know they made a Mesmerize for Men, too, but I mean if that was not available).

Avon is the best for fragrance layering, because they make so many scented products.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I used to have this years ago and I liked it back then. I loved the bottle and it always looked so pretty sitting on a dresser. From the listed accords it sounds like something I'd still like. This is another one I wish Avon hadn't discontinued.

KATHIRTEEN
KATHIRTEEN

I love it! I am out and really jones-ing for it..

Currently is my favorite, but I am looking for similar ones to try out as well. Identical is ok!

KJS88
KJS88

I love this stuff. My mother used to save her many, many good perfumes by using Mesmerize for Women and Worth Je Reviens as her daily perfumes for a long time when we did it tough.

Mesmerize is vaguely like Emeraude, but its still quite different. Soft, clean, soapy, powdery, with a nice tonka-musk-amber sweetness underneath.

Beautiful stuff for the price.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Mesmerize is a pretty floral aldehyde fragrance. Some of the notes include coriander, iris, orris, rose, jasmine and sandelwood. It takes about 10 minutes before the true beauty of Mesmerize develops on the skin. It's a rich, powdery and classic fragrance. It reminds me a little of Worth's Je Reviens, but I like Mesmerize better. Mesmerize is a very classic type of fragrance (which many might think is too old-fashioned). I really enjoy Mesmerize and it's very long lasting on the skin too. Mesmerize is similar to Je Reviens, Hermes Amazone and Coty's Emeraude, but it's uniquely different and in my opinion better than them. It seems to be discontinued and Avon brings it back once in awhile

lostdesertgirl
lostdesertgirl

@Allinug, Honeygurl is correct about the fragrance (not sure if it smells like Mesmerize, but that is always a bit of opinion too) But I do remember Night Magic Evening Musk, by the Avon branding.
I just love mesmerize. Every time I've ever worn it I get compliments...even my girlfriends kitties go crazy when I wear it to her house...don't know what that is about....LOL
Cheers and Blessings,
Lesa

This is warm, soft and comforting. The spices in here give a mysterious feel. There is nothing sharp or strong about this scent. The notes blend together so that one particular note doesn't stand out from the rest, but the overall impression is one of mellow spices. I didn't know this was reformulated. My review is for the original version, in the cobalt blue bottle with gold filigree top. This does remind me of Night Magic actually. To me, Mesmerize seems a bit more complex and spicier than Night Magic, but on me, the two smell related.

millan
millan

I thought I did'nt like Mesmerize but since yesterday All I thought was I have to wear this. So I went crazy looking for a small bottle I had in a box were I keep those perfumes I don't wear often. I spray a little as a test. And I couldnt stop smelling my wrist all day long. Today is Mesmerize
's day . and it feels just right . It is mysterious and playful Like Samsara , Opium or Obsession that
mysterious aura that involves it. Its comforting relaxing. I dont know how to explain myself. this how it makes me feel .Im surprice that I actually like it alot.

one of the avon fragrances i do like. soft, powdery musk with jasmine thrown in. it drys soft, slightly powdery, dry and clean. a nice everyday scent.

Kiku
Kiku

A great fragrance that should be on everyone's "go to" list. A gentle, slightly spicy woody, very similar to Cashmere Mist. Perfect for any occasion, time of day, time of year. All of the great Avon's have a surprize: the honey in Occur!, the cedar in Timeless for example. A soft, warm touch of chocolate seems to be hidden in the heart of this one. It gives a velvety smoothness that few other perfumes have.

naheed
naheed

I remember this one as a sweet fragrance with the hint of aromatic spices. I loved wearing it then but always thought there could be something more done to it to make it more enchanting just as its name suggests "Mesmerize". To me , the dry down was more sweet and less woody with a really good longivity. There wasn't so much special about the bottle but being blue my favourite, I adored it, really.

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Nice, mysterious scent. A little spice, but I like it.

nichick390
nichick390

Grandmother of mine had this when I was a kid got stupid and sprayed it in my eyes nice way to test it huh?

guest_Danielle
guest_Danielle

My grandmother used to have this perfume back when I was alittle girl but I was dumb and sprayed it in my eyes instead of my shirt. not a good experiance.

guest_Alex
guest_Alex

The original is available in Mexico and smells just wonderful!!! i really think that this is a very sexy and mysterious fragrance for a sexy grown up women! one of the few that i like from avon.

perfumeaddict
perfumeaddict

In the original version I own, this is a smell-alike for Guerlain Samsara.

Aalia

*sigh I recently purchased a small bottle from the USA-and it is "purse size" and a small simple spray-that fancy dark blue bottle was not available-at all .In my opinion-
it stinks-a horrid reformulation ! REFORMULATION! appalling...the (true) myrrh, jasmine, and sandalwood are all gone..no longer a mystical mesmerizing mist of allure...itś like a really bad Lutece now..in the way that Lutece has some conflicting notes-hovering in the powder cake around you ...Other people may enjoy this new apple scented mixture-it has variety within the scent, so, itś not "dull" or "flat", it can seem to be a bit floral, and sweet for sure, However- after the original luxury of oriental sensuousness embodied in the first formula-I cannot conform-or enjoy.

crysna
crysna

My Grandma had this one. i still remember the fragrance cuz it's so enchanting, it has a unique aura that catch my senses! it's strong and the bergamot, mandaring orange and amber mix very well! the amber is the most explosive note on this one and stays with u long time even in ur clothes. my grandma is happy cuz it's back again! thanks Avon!

Aalia

I enjoyed this very much when I had it
years ago. I thought the notes were
myrrh , sandalwood, jasmine, others..
The scent was powdery. I don't remember
any apples or citrus ! I will recieve new bottle in a few months and review it.

Mesmerize for Women by Avon 3.57 out of 5 based on 116 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Mesmerize for Women fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Mesmerize for Women, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mesmerize for Women by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mesmerize for Women by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.