Designers » A » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Millennia Avon for women

Millennia Avon for women
dislike

Millennia Avon for women Pictures

Millennia by Avon is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Millennia was launched in 1997. The fragrance features nutmeg, cardamom, bergamot, clementine, spices, sandalwood, violet, lilac, lily, lotus and orchid.

Nutmeg Cardamom Bergamot Clementine Spices Sandalwood Violet Lilac Lily Lotus Orchid

Millennia Fragrance Reviews

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

lovely comforting vanilla

futurehelen
futurehelen

I'd heard good things but this one is a real surprise!

Such depth and subtlety!

And the kick of what can only be coriander?

Don't be fooled by the subdued pale blue bottle. This is a deliciously spicy scent that veers towards a gourmand (not sweet but definitely foodie) indian bazaar but it's not heavy because, yes, it does have a faint watery aquatic note that the spice hovers over. It is a visual perfume--you can see these two layers one above the other and the contradiction of this makes one think of an oasis.

it has a horizontal feel akin to l'Air Marocain by Tauer and Coriandre, and frankly, smells quite niche to me. You're quirky? You'll definitely like it.

It's a definite wrist sniffer. I only put on one drop so I'm not getting much sillage...it's too precious for me. I'm going to have my desert journeys one drop at a time....

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

My Mom is an Avon rep. As such, I am (too) familiar with Avon fragrances. With the exception of a few, I am not a fan of Avon scents because they mostly smell really cheap and virtually all smell just alike.

I changed my mind when I smelled Millenium.

I don't know how to describe it...the juice is blue and it smells blue, whatever that means. It has a few unique florals that are nicely blended, but it also has an unexpected spicy note. It's fabulous.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Had this as a teenager. It reminded me of sweet, hot milk - seriously. A sweet, warm but light and melty scent.

lapoid@netscape.net
lapoid@netscape.net

I absolutely loved this perfume...although there is no musk, it did allow me to smell a slight, light musk and vanilla scent...if Avon still sold it, I too would still be buying it...I always was complimented when I wore this fragrance...I miss the attention, lol and have not been able to find anything close to this scent. I read from attached notes, Lola from Marc Jacobs is close and I plan on checking that out. I would appreciate anyone else giving some imput as to other brands/scents available today that are close to the scent of Milennia...or if you are aware of it being sold somewhere...

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I found this scent by accident, in the form of several 10-packet sample boxes at a tag sale. At first Millennia reminds me a bit of Alien, but then it develops a distinctly Middle Eastern or Indian aroma of sweet spices and lilac. I really do not detect any musk, and it's not listed in the ingredients, but the woodsy notes do impart a slightly musky feel in the drydown. The longevity is incredible(twenty-four hours),and the sillage is quite impressive.
This is a beautiful, somewhat incense-like perfume, which has a sensual aura. I have received so many complements, as many as I have for English Leather Black.
Millennia is somewhat enigmatic. It has the nature of a woman who is feminine but not "girly", soft and submissive but with an inner core of strength and confidence in her special powers as a female. Oscar Wilde's quote comes to mind: "Women defend themselves by attacking, just as they attack by sudden and strange surrender."
Of course, Avon discontinued this amazing fragrance.They always seem to get rid of the good scents.

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

I don't hate , love or like this perfume ...! I bought it when it was first released in 1997 , and give it to Mom who fell in love with it ..She was very sad when it was discontinued in my country ,I wasn't. This smells oily , spicy oily and intense floral . It would be amazing on some people (like my Mom ..) and plain horrible on others ( like me ..) There is no in-between here ..That's what an Indian -not Arab -Princess with a purple sarri would smell like ..No wonder all the flowers in it are either lilac , purple or blue ...Enormous sillage & longevity .

polarisking
polarisking

At first it seems very specious, especially noticeable nutmeg and cardamom, prominent citrus: bergamot mostly, so I was not too convinced. Sandalwood is also intense and very prominent. I thought it might be too Chypre for my taste, but it's a flavor to give it time, once gave the first impression of pepper and nutmeg, the floral bouquet reveals almost aquatic quality. a blend of lily, lilac, violets, orchids and lotus exudes Orientalism. The floral blend combined with spices, are delicious. I guess that should smell the Hindu princesses of antiquity. I waited longer and it was pure magic. It goes with my skin chemistry and began to smell sweet and delicate and lasts forever on me. I started thinking that it is rare to find a perfume that has those delicate flower notes that give some creaminess attached to sandalwood. All this is distilled smoothly with increasing body temperature and movement. It is an aroma almost sacred, yet sensual at the same time. It´s magical, oriental, sacred, sensual, refined ... I always get compliments for using it and makes me feel that I have an expensive perfume gifted by a king in one of the Arabian Nights ...

Viola72
Viola72

Ezt az illatot imádtam. Sajnos Magyarországon nem lehet kapni.Milyen jó lenne ha vissza hoznák.

Floral and spicy describes this for me, but this is not an aggressive fragrance. This is one that seems to mix with your skin to produce a soft and inviting scent. On me the nutmeg doesn't stand out. It's more of an overall combination of spices.

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

I loved this scent and wore it all the time. It was very distinctive and long-lasting too.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

similarity to Lola by Marc Jacobs ?? can t find any ! Lola is bold and warm. this one is shy and cold.

Millenia opens minthy cold (lilac), refreshing citric accords (bergamotte and mandarine detectable), a little spices (nutmeg and some others i can t distinct), faint exotic flowers (only a little sweet) and soft and very nice violet. drydown is 'cool' sandalwood (to me smells like cedar or moss) - all in one not a warm perfume, it's good for summer, very refreshing, soft and cool. sillage good, longivity average.

btw. this smells unisex to me!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Before my Mariella Burani... this was IT for me, my signature!

Sadly, as they often do, Avon discontunued this beauty. I remember it being a wonderful fusion of jasmine, incense and powdery florals. Like the reviewer below, the notes shown here also confuse me because I don't remember it smelling of some of the spices listed. I do have to agree with the lilac & lily though.

I wish I could have this again!

Update: After much searching, we are reunited again!

funky_gina
funky_gina

Wow wow this was my signature scent more like 11-13 years back. I loved it very much. It was very sensual, warm and long lasting. It was similar to Lola from Marc Jacobs today but much better in sense that Millennia was lighter, more natural or rather fresher. Though it seems to have lot of spicy notes it was not a spicy scent at all at least on me. If Avon would still sell it I would be still buying this one.( I had to correct the years).

Millennia by Avon 4.07 out of 5 based on 61 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Millennia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Millennia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Millennia by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Millennia by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.