Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Odyssey Avon for women

Odyssey Avon for women
dislike

yellow floral

Odyssey by Avon is a Floral fragrance for women. Odyssey was launched in 1981. The fragrance features mimosa, magnolia, musk and lily-of-the-valley.

Mimosa Magnolia Musk Lily-of-the-Valley

Night Odyssey

Odyssey Fragrance Reviews

vanessagreenguitar
vanessagreenguitar

My favorite perfume is Avon Soft Musk (discontinued in the USA). I ordered Odyssey because someone said it was a sister to Soft Musk and when I don't wear Soft Musk, I occasionally wear lily of the valley perfumes. Other reviewers commented that it was ultra feminine but I find it to be masculine in a barbershop way! I won't say I completely dislike Odyssey but it is opposite of its feminine floral notes. I think I smell leather---a white leather!! This has no spices but something about it reminds of Imari, which I liked but couldn't bring myself to wear because I am a busy person always sweating, which amplified the spices and made me smell like Secret Powder Fresh (good) and curry (good for tasting, bad for smelling like!). With Odyssey, I expected a musky citrus with Lilly if the valley, like a spring time version of soft musk. But odd, it smells like a masculine Windsong, which is a lily of the valley. Other reviewers said it was for an "natural" type of woman so I thought it would be a simple and easy to wear perfume for a busy person who needs to smell good around others in close proximity. While not beautiful in a feminine way, it is complex...I would enjoy it on a man to give him a feminine touch--like he just went to visit my grandparents, had a close shave at the barbershop, and hugged a Windsong wearin' granny!

mystica

I have a reformulated, tall, slim bottle which I bought in 2006, and which may well be vintage, lol. Everytime I smell it, I'm back in time, I'm 14 years old. A naive girl with soft, golden brown hair, smelling of musk or something musky only. I would combine Odyssey with the body cream, and I would look for the next bath time eagerly so as I could repeat my "queenly" ritual of immersing myself in Odyssey, in our tiny bathroom once I finish my shower.

The smell was simply lovely, it still technically is, enough to remind me of the old days. What I cannot handle now is I guess all the naivette I associate with this scent.

Super lovely, super sweet, super lady-like, super and SOFT all the way. I still spritz it on my wrist from time to time and I sometimes happen to wear Soft Musk too, which people still do love like they love Odyssey!

It just feels like I'm fooling myself into way too much innocence nowadays and that's all :)

shellapoo
shellapoo

I have so many happy memories flood my mind every time I spray on Odyssey. In my early teens, the lady next door to us was our neighborhood's Avon lady. She hired me to carry and deliver Avon brochures throughout our neighborhood. It took a long time, and a lot of walking, to get the job done. Luckily for me, my best friend accompanied me most of the time. That really made it a fun job. The best part, however, was that the Avon lady "paid me" by letting me choose items from the current Avon campaign. I remember that Odyssey was the first "adult lady" scent I had ever purchased, and my goodness, was I happy with my choice! Everyone I knew made comments about how good I smelled (except my Dad who never liked any perfume except my Mom's Chantilly and White Shoulders). Odyssey was definitely my signature scent all through my teens (of course that was before I knew that people had signature scents. I loved all of the notes between the first spritz and the dry down. As I continued working for the Avon lady, I "purchased" almost all of the perfumes Avon carried at that time, and I don't remember disliking any of them. I loved Pearls & Lace and Pavi Elle, but it seemed no matter how my collection grew, Odyssey was the scent I reached for more often than any of the others. Odyssey is still in my collection, and will continue to be as long as It Avon produces it. It is a true gem!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Odyssey. One whiff of this scent and it brought me back to when I was little and my mother was our local Avon lady's best client. She wore this fragrance in the 80's. It has been reformulated and still sells and according to my mother who recently bought it smells the same except with less musk. I had the pleasure of smelling this fragrance once again recently. To me it's a cool summer scent. It's perfect for both spring and summer but on me it's more of a summer perfume. With a name like Odyssey and the look of the bottle I had hoped it would be an aquatic floral scent and that it would be something like L'Eau D'Issey of the 80's. I love Homer's Odyssey the ancient Greek epic about the fall of Troy and Odysseus's adventures sailing from island to island in the Mediterranean Sea as he tries to find his way back home to his wife and son in Ithaca. If they have a fragrance that evokes that great story, I would not hesitate to buy it and wear it. But this fragrance is not what I'd expected. It's not an aquatic scent although strangely enough it can sometimes evoke fresh sea air. I don't know how they did that because none of the notes should wear like a sea breeze. The first spritz is aldehydic and fresh like a wind blowing on your face. Though aldehydes are not listed most vintage Avons contain aldehydes. There's a brief passing fragrance of citrus but it's clearly the mimosa that begins to release it's aroma. It's a beautiful mimosa, fresh, delicious and sunny. The magnolia flower tags along and the lily of the valley. So this was in simplest terms a citrus-white floral and yellow floral fragrance. I've experienced scents with those accords before. They are rather uplifting and energetic, and always remind me of sunshine, flowers and the summer time. This is a fragrance I fell in love with for the second time. The musk at the dry down was originally heavier and performed more like incense or myrrh. The musk was strong and it even turned into a nocturnal scent, smokier and more aromatic, reminiscent of Elizabeth Taylor's Passion. The new formula is missing musk and it's probably a vanilla or amber base note that it dries down to. Gorgeous, sweet, cool refreshing fragrance. I've been wearing it for a whole day and have been on a nostalgic Cloud 9. I highly recommend this fragrance in both it's vintage original form and it's latest incarnation. This smells so nice and if you like your Avons with a little more complexity and sophistication than the garbage it produces today you shouldn't think twice about getting your hands on Odyssey.

sophiesnose
sophiesnose

I am getting something different from this one than a lot of the other reviewers here. To me it's a soapy, powdery, musk. I don't get sweet at all. And the florals are muted and in the background. It's pleasant and another great after the bath or shower cozy wind down your day scent.

Thatkid
Thatkid

This is definitely a great summer perfume. So many of my perfumes are too heavy for the summer months, they'll induce headaches in other people and at times even irritate Odyssey is not one of them.

It's very exotic- the cool tropical flowers mixed in with the Earthiness add a nearly "woody" smell. On whiff of this while walking has people asking "what is that you're wearing?"

I think it's the subtle familiarity of magnolia and the mellowness of the woods. Definitely a keeper.

Juicysweet
Juicysweet

This is my after bath perfume. Smells so lovely on the sheets. I do wish it would last a little longer once applied...

mystica

Original formula: So creamy, sweet, musky, powdery, balmy, intoxicating heaven. Such a soft an innocent smelling perfume ideal for a girl, yet still feminine enough to assert its heavenly presence. Coupled with the body cream in the lilac jar, simply irresistible.

Later reformulation (tall, slim bottle) is only a shadow of the original. Utterly flat in comparison and lacks something quite vital.

heather62
heather62

All I smell here is clean. After I have had it on awhile, I really cannot smell it at all. So I decided that I would review this based on compliments. This is my 2nd day to wear it and on the first day, I had 2 compliments, which was very nice.

This fragrance actually might be a bit unisex. It's not super girly, not really flowery. Clean, muted, perfect for wearing to work.

While it might not be the perfume I would carry to Gilligans Island, it is nice and a great value.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

It smells of laundry detergent, it's clean and white and clear and pleasant, and somehow screams 1970s to me, perhaps it reminds me of my grandparents 1970s beach house that was once an Ashram for the Hare Krishna. Cuddly and wearable

suzycurlyq
suzycurlyq

This makes me think of wind for some reason, air and wind.

I usually like to wear incense and musk fragrances but today I decided to put this on for a fresh from the shower smell. It is not overpowering in any way. Just clean. LOVE IT!

ETA
I absolutely love this! But I am trying something; I bought a vintage bottle of this on ebay that is actualy an edp. I didnt even know that they did this! So now I will see if the vintage is actually better since someone said it really was. Will keep you posted. :)

lorililly
lorililly

This scent came out while I was in high school. I lived in a small town, and with little acess to malls, we thought Avon was "it"!
I remember this smelling very different. I also thought the bottle looked futuristic. It smelled great and I thought the body cream was fantastic.
I tried it again more recently, and while I still like it, I think it changed formulation...or perhaps my body chemistry changed. It smells a little "off" on me, not the nice fragrance I recall. However, on others..it brings back that nostalgic time for me. Summer in the country, Tigerlillies and Queen Anne's Lace blooming, and curling my hair into the "Farrah" hairdo....with a lot of hairspray:)

Chava
Chava

What a nice fragrance! Odyssey has a clean, soapy smell to it. It's a powdery, floral musk. The nice thing about Avon fragrances is that you can buy perfume with coordinating shower gel, lotion, deodorant, and powder: it's easy to make the scent last all day. They're also incredibly affordable! I love that Avon still makes these classic scents.

adair58
adair58

My favorite after shower/bath scent. Light and clean with lily of the valley and musk. There's more to the notes, but that's what I get the most. It's been around forever and the bottle is outdated, but it is refreshing in the heat and humidity. Two sprays lasts about 6 hours on me. Plentiful (and cheap) on Ebay, too.

alevesque3
alevesque3

My grandmother wore this. I still remember a couple bumble bees following her around like puppy dogs once while she was wearing it outside. I keep meaning to buy a bottle for myself, but haven't because you have to order it from an Avon rep instead of just a store.

bonnie52
bonnie52

Odyssey is a wonderful fragrance! I see people say it's strong, well, that's the way I like my perfumes! I don't see it as strong. I love the musky, floral scent. Very alluring and feminine.

lcommisso
lcommisso

I wore this in junior high, which looking back, this is a crazy choice for a pre-teen. Now, everything is fruity sweet, but this, this is MUSK. It dries down to a musky clean, almost like strong shower soap. I know people think oh, cheap Avon; folks, there's a reason why this is still around after decades. However, I can't decide which bottle is uglier, this, Fred Hayman's 273, or Liz Claiborne's triangle nightmare. Regardless of tacky triangles, I had to rebuy this after all these years.

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

This perfume was absolutely intoxicating but very powerful and overwhelming. I love the sweet musky smell that dominates this perfume. But it is really strong. I suppose if you used the body lotion, etc instead of the perfume it would be lighter and maybe more wearable.

Debra1

The Kind of Woman I can imagine that would wear Odyssey, is a Natural Beauty, Nothing Overdone or Artificial About Her, she is simple, not pretentious, and very elegent in a natural way. She is Health Concious, Practical and very Real. I can see her with a glowing complextion. shes a nature lover, wearing sandals her blue jeans, and a tasteful top walking through fields of flowers hand in hand with the man she loves, on a sunny spring day. She's the kind of gal, guys fall in love with. If your her or would like to be more like her I highly recommend this sent!

Debra1

What a Perfume You could get on Occasion Under 10 dollars that would be the Bigest Bang For Your Buck Ever, Here It Is!!! Odyssey will Not Disapoint! 4 Simple Ingredients In Perfect Simple Harmoney and Ballance Odyssey Has Proven that Less is More and All You Need. It has Momose. Magnolia, Musk and Lilly of the Valley in Syphoney Together. I don't recognize the Momse but I get a Perfect Ballance of Magnolia r and Musk with a tinge of Lilly of the Valley for a fresh sent, It's Sweet but not syrupy ickey sweet or sugar candy sweet but gentle tasteful floral sweet, Magnolia is a Heady white floral and the Musk with it makes a Statement of Refined Aluring Beauty and that gets you noticed by the Guys and Complimented by the Gals. The Pice Tage is Cheep but this does not smell Cheep in the Least No weard Artifical Smells, or anything to Heavy or Unpleasent, It's Probably what I would call the sent of an Angle. Id HIghly Reccomend it refualr avon Price for it is 1dollars however I have often seen it on sale do 7:50 at Avon. It's a Great Spring or Summer Sent.

kiristarr
kiristarr

I think of Odyssey as the official fragrance of EPCOT Center. The name, the bottle, the scent...a take on the future from the past. I would never wear this fragrance on a date or to an important event, but there is something comforting about it, in an old timey sort of way, when lounging about the house on a dreary day. The scent reminds me of damp, clean wool. It is quintessential vintage Avon with those musky notes classic Avon fragrances always hit.

elliedarling
elliedarling

I wore this all through high school. I first smelled it on a woman at the grocery store, and stopped to ask what she was wearing. I went right out and bought it and didn't stop wearing it for several years. On me it smelled like soap but better. It was a clean, powdery scent. I didn't get a lot of musk at the time. I get tempted sometimes to purchase it again, but I have a feeling I would be dissapointed.

Osusanna
Osusanna

Not my favorite but it is a fragrance to be appreciated. I can't normally wear musk well and I especially don't like it when the composition is too linear as I like my fragrances somewhat complex. This is a simple, clean soapy fragrance that lacks a little depth. Overall, the drydown ends up warm but the fragrance doesn't have that sophistication I'm looking for. Other people tend to like it as it just smells clean so it gets a boost for its inoffensiveness. It can spray on strong, be careful. A little goes a long way.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Oh, Odyssey, Odyssey….misnamed and with such an ugly bottle….such a disadvantage. Like the geeky teenager of the perfume world, Odyssey gets overlooked and misjudged for her external characteristics, rather than given a chance to stand on her own merits. Yes, the bottle looks like there should be a disclaimer “must be worn with legwarmers, shoulder pads and/or 4 inch bangs and Aquanet”. Yes, it is a subtle musky floral that harkens to secret grottos rather than legendary adventure. But Odyssey is a jewel of a perfume, I recommend giving it a chance.

Odyssey starts with a very harsh, chemical note. The first 3 minutes are unpleasant. Then it quickly settles to a clean musky floral. Clean and yes, “soapy” (maybe because everyone has subconscious memories of Avon soap in this fragrance from their childhood). Not powdery, but very fresh and clean. It is a similar scent to Jovan’s White Musk, but with the addition of lily of the valley. It is a skin scent with a bit more projection than some—a pleasant perfume aura. I must for white musk lovers, and perfect for casual spring or summer days.

Picture this: an early, cool spring morning. You wake up, shower and throw on some comfortable jeans and a cozy sweater. In the dawn light you trek down the green fields filled with violets and jonquils, the dew gathering on your shoes like glittering gems. You find your favorite spot, the clear and cool creek at the bottom of the hill. Parting the hanging branches of the willow tree, you settle onto a large, flat grey slab of granite to watch the sunrise through the willow buds in the cool shadow of the tree. Around your feet and the roots of the tree, lilies of the valley bloom in the spring morning. The scent of lily surrounds you, mixed with the smell of the dewy morning air and your own freshly washed skin. This is all of the Odyssey you need.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

one of the first perfumes i ever had, probably about 8th grade! i felt so sophisticated! It's s strong scent, im amazed my mother let me wear it. And I can't wear it anymore, but oh it has fun memories.

apotter
apotter

i can almost smell this one while im writing about it had this years ago as did most of my friends we felt grown up wearing this i quite liked its clean soapy smell probs would buy again if it was around.

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

I smell osmanthus in this, but its pretty light ( even though its not listed I believe I remember reading that this was one of the main notes) This is def. a memorable one for me from the 80's. It was unique & very femme. It also didn't hurt that my mom was an Avon rep. around the time when this was popular- I got to sample & own some really cool frags. for a small amt. of money, brings back good memories.

mhubbard
mhubbard

This one stands out in my mind as my older, married sister had it sitting on her bureau circa 1983. I took a sniff and said " where have you been all my life?" and wondered where in the world it came from, because I had never seen it in the drugstores and we certainly didn't have department stores in the little town where I grew up. Oh, Avon? It was a staple for a number of years but as time went on I began to enjoy more sophisticated scents. I would have to say that this is the first fragrance to ever really catch my attention, at age 21. Before that, I pretty much thought perfume was "yucky" because the stuff sitting on my mother's bedroom table was - however she didn't wear it, so maybe it had turned after sitting there for 15 years. Anyway, this one still is nice for young girls, I don't get the Grandma thing. I wouldn't wear it now, but who knows? It might turn my 50-something husband into his 20-something self and I just don't know it!!!

florencia
florencia

when I was child (9 years old), i saved some coins every week during some months to buy a very small bottle for my mother´s birthday, an unforgotable memory

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

A fresh, optimistic, woodsy white floral (Lily of the Valley, type of white floral), with a kick of green. It has an interesting, dry sheerness that smells like astringent, wet wood. Some have called it soapy, but I don't think it's creamy and powdery enough to pass as soapy. It's sheer and watery, a litle trickling brook in The Woods.

The woodsy, slightly sweet pulpiness in the base of "Odyssey", is what I call "Avon Accord" -- and I love it. Part of this love might be tied to nostalgia, but I appreciate any brand that respects women enough to offer them sturdy, wood or moss bases in scents aimed at a female audience. "Odyssey" is a smart girl's scent. A professional could wear this and still be taken seriously. But so could a hiker, romantic daydreamer or athlete.

By drydown, the musk still doesn't really emerge on my skin, it blends with the wood and dry grass notes, to give more of a sandalwood vibe. I just get a clean, grassy freshness throughout, topped with lush bunches of pollen-dry mimosa. It's like a more pristine, daywear version of my other fav (though I can't say signature, since it's been discontinued), Cacharel's "Eden".

Hollie
Hollie

My mother wore this when I was a little girl right about the time it came out. It brings back so many memories.....very comforting. I just picked up a vintage bottle at a thriftstore the other day and was super excited to try it again after SO many years.
I don't fancy myself a musk lover. I do like musk on others (with the right chemistry) but usually on myself, I just end up smelling like a ferret or some other gamey,furry,little creature....hmmmm.This one doesn't bother me....it's actually very pleasant and definitely vintage smelling.Soft and subtle. It also has a definite *Avon* smell about it....If you grew up on all those fun little bottles too,you know what I mean.....a slight acrid quality. Although it's vintage, it's still classy and very wearable.A refreshing change from all the syrupy, teeth-rotting sweet stuff being made these days.

sparkybish
sparkybish

For a brief time, I wore this in middle school. In retrospect it seems an odd choose for a 13 year old. Clean and soapy is how I remember it. I might have to pick up a bottle just for nostalgia.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I tried this perfume as it was the signature frag of one of the most popular girls in my high school. I hated it; it smelled like cheap soap on me. Thank God it has no staying power. I bought a bottle a year ago; had to give it away as it smelled just as I remembered back in high school. Sorry for the fans of this frag, I guess it does not agree on me.

millan
millan

This is an old friend to me .I dont know why I like it ...ever since it came out. it is a clean scent i dont know how to explain it but I need to have it in my collection. I just cant be without it. Just love it even thou I dont use it everyday.

Blackirish
Blackirish

If you were a kid I. The 80s this was the "adult" 80s smell.lol It def.is an 80s smell but not a bad one.it makes me think of my mom wearing it,& she would go out dancing or doing things adults did while you stayed home (wearing baby soft) it has a fun smell.I purchase the lotion & will put in on after a bath.its nice.could be worn night or day.im too good w/ discribtion of smell but I just feel its a fun sent.not fruity fun,but grown up fun if that makes any sense.its worth it to own a bottle to wear just to switch things up.for me it's a winter smell.

mystica

I had worn this through my teenage years and always received compliments. Very creamy, musky, soft, powdery, comforting, nice fragrance. I still keep a bottle of it -though I suspect reformulated-, but would I wear it now... well I don't know, I sometimes smell it!

hearingyounow
hearingyounow

I love this frangrance. It smells wonderful on me and it is inoffensive. It smells light and delicious in an addictive kind of way and not at all irritating to me. Many fragrances bother me but this one just smells wonderful and light and yet it has depth to it, also. It is well-crafted and that is why it is still around after all these years. What a bargain and yet I would never, ever call it cheap. It's not for everyone but I am really comfortable wearing it for any occasion or even just to bed. It smells that good.

RavynG
RavynG

I have always smelled the mimosa foremost. It is an odd floral. I like it. It lasts forever--I have smelled it on a sweater even after it was laundered (or perhaps that is the dryer sheet? )

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

My great grandmother used to wear the Odyssey talcum powder, which I feel is far less musky than the actual perfume. The mimose is light and airy, but the magnolia can sometimes screech. It's not for everyone. The musk would come through predominately on my aunt, but on me the florals were most apparent.

TrinitySydney
TrinitySydney

This is a nostalgic scent for me, as I used to wear it as teen (when my mom sold Avon). I loved it then, and I love it now, only for different reasons.
At that time it was, as far as I knew, the epitomy of "sexy". I felt like a goddess.

Now, I recognize that it smells like a fresh and unisex shower gel. Now it makes a perfect gym scent. Not overpowering, so I don't clear all the neighboring treadmills, but fresh and energetic.

It's cheap in price, but I don't agree that this automatically makes it "cheap" class-wise.

It's not my every-day scent, but I can see the value in it and regularly turn to it when I want something lighter and more fresh.

not a favorite of mine, a little too sweet for my taste. i didn't get the heavy musk feel as some have described, more of a heavy sweet fragrance. for some reason i love this fragrance in the powder though, very clean and soft.

817flowers
817flowers

As with alot of comments about Grandma perfume or old lady - I get tired of hearing them. I have tried some of the new celebrity scents that I could say are old lady. Everyone likes and smells different. A classic is always a classic - everything comes back around. And since I am 59 - old enough to be a grandma - I still like and try all varieties- it's fun to not be stuck in a certain time period.

Faith17
Faith17

Sorry guys, but "EW!" is all I can say - even my grandma wouldn't wear that! It's one of those "Red Moscow" type of fragrances (those who know, would understand..)

guest_goldiechick
guest_goldiechick

On and off, I would buy Odyssey. Thankfully, most of their perfumes cost $6.99 or I would be totally throwing away money. I remember my mother once owning it, and if she really liked it, she would buy it again and again. She didn't. Odyssey can get overpowering and I'm not in favor of that. As I said in my other reviews, I like the Imari body lotion. And these days, I'm a Vanilla fan.

Lotofire
Lotofire

My grandmother and my mother used this...is a safe floral scent powdery and clean; there is nothing bad about it, i just relate it to older woman.

cisco
cisco

Initially, it is overwhelming in the sweet floral department. It then calms down snd smells like Old Spice on me. This is a gender bender that I do not want. I don't want to smell like a Nantucket Ship's Captain....though I do like the tune in the old ad.

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Fresh, long-lasting scent. Not a favorite of mine, but it is a classic.

Scent-a-holic
Scent-a-holic

One of my old fav's from so long ago I still have quite a few bottles of this stuff today. Totally agree it is shower fresh!! Perfect for those days you want to smell good but don't know what to wear scent-wise. Good if you like musky light perfumes. Best to wear it as an upper body spray and then layer it on once your dressed. It's very inexpensive so you can definatley induge on this one!

guest_kanesmummy
guest_kanesmummy

love it love it love it reinds me of my child hood i wish they would bring it back avon shud defo bring a brochure out of all the old scents i would buy them all alot of memories

smellsheavenly
smellsheavenly

I want this just for nostalgia - my Mum used to wear it!

blaqueskimo
blaqueskimo

I love this old school avon scent! On me it has a really clean just showered smell!

guest_angel

Women of Earth is a completely different scent - nothing like Odyssey. WoE is a sweet fruity-floral if I recall, Odyssey is a floral-musk.

Both lovely though. :-)

guest_AG
guest_AG

smells pretty good, my grandmother used to wear this...smells clean and femenine

guest_angel

This was one of my favourite scents back in the 80s .... I loved it then, I remember it being quite distinctive, very musky but with a strong floral element. It always made me feel warm and feminine.

These days I'm not so into musk, but I might try and get a bottle on ebay for nostalgia's sake. :-)

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I tried this for the first time yesterday and was surprised by what I found. I found Odyssey to be not exotic, but a musky floral. When it dried down the musk and magnolia were the prominant notes for me. Magnolia happens to be one of my least favorite florals. My family (husband and children) responded positively to this. Their comments were that it smelled clean, much like a fabric softener sheet.

Odyssey has amazingly good sillage and fixation! Lasted well into the next day. Powerhouse of a scent for your money for sure.

Vivi
Vivi

If you like musk it is wonderful. I loved this fragrance in the 80's, but many (most) co-workers disliked the musk. Maybe they should make a knock-off without the musk or very little white musk.

falovalo
falovalo

As the name suggests, I expected something more exotic. Alas, that didn't happen, it was all musk for me. And i hate fragrances that are predominately musk.

SandraS
SandraS

I never really understood this fragrance.

My fiends used to wear it all the time, but too me is mainly musk. I expected something grand, mediterranean (must add this one to scents that don't match the name thread) an olfact voyage trought far away distant lands, but no. Its just around the corner musk scent with some floral notes. it has been a constant presence in Avon catalogue for decades.... why I wonder?