Designers » A » Chypre « Groups

Perceive for Men Avon for men

Perceive for Men Avon for men
dislike

Perceive for Men by Avon is a Chypre fragrance for men. Perceive for Men was launched in 2000. The fragrance features patchouli, mandarin orange, musk, vanilla, mint, grapefruit, sage and cedar.

Patchouli Mandarin Orange Musk Vanilla Mint Grapefruit Sage Cedar

Geir Ness for Men

Perceive for Men Fragrance Reviews

richdaniels
richdaniels

Opening is bright sweet sappy cedar with a sweet luxurious musk.

Freshly cut tangy grapefruit and creamy vanilla

This is perfect for a dark stormy day inside or for an intimate night out. It's a dark, sensual, woodsy smell (I only find citrus in the open) Mint hangs in the distance. Almost imperceptible to me.

Ten minutes into it I sense a body spray I smelled in my high school locker room. My mind associates it with stale socks but this might just be an association, not an effect of this frag.

I found the dry down to have a musk smell that rubbed me the wrong way. It lasted a 2-3 hours but it was just synthetic and nauseating. I'm mostly disappointed because I wanted a truly minty experience implied by it's many reviews.

The scent doesn't match my personality so I returned it.

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

This is UNIQUE. Best from the avon line. People tell about longevity problem but, for the price, just over spray it. I spray about 10 times, skin plus clothes. Sillage is amazing, I get complements with this guy. I recomended this cologne, Definetly Unique.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

The only thing about this fragrance is the great bottle. The smell is pretty great, but it doesn't last at all and it's not powerful at all.

peeck@charter.net
peeck@charter.net

This is a unique scent. A Burst of boozy citrus grapefruit mixed with mint turning into a musky sage cedar dry down. I purchased this blind from having good reviews. I'm not for sure if I'm crazy about this fragrance yet. I think it will work well in a warmer climate. But yes it does smell good for $12

myeaude
myeaude

The bottle of this fragrance is the same as the new Agnes Monica AGNEZ eau de perfume Reve!

Bcard3170
Bcard3170

I bought this from a friend who was selling avon. It lasted about 1 month, now it smells like armpit. I don't even remember what it smelled like when it was new.

ericrico
ericrico

I received a bottle as a gift from an online seller whom I bought a high-end fragrance from. No offense, but I don't have much desire to have an Avon fragrance in my wardrobe - but I am thankful for the free bottle as there are some decent qualities to this scent.

Although there are so many positive and even great reviews here, I was a bit surprised by Avon Perceive. The 'Mood Enhancing Complex' ingredient line made me laugh a bit...because when one puts on a great fragrance (regardless of what it is), it has that quality. I believe I had a large dose of 'Mood Enhancing Complex' with a recent wearing of a Vintage Balenciaga - it took many hours for the smile to come off my face. I called my doctor and he said it was normal. ;-) So, I didn't find myself in a unique state of being or consciousness after spraying Avon Perceive on. Light-to-moderate application (5 sprays - a couple to my neck, one to my wrists and one to the back of each of my hands).

First off, I must say...this goes on rather smooth and not loud, which I like. The top citrus notes of grapefruit and mandarin blend well with the fresh mint - a nice opening that several other fragrances I have is similar to, but done fairly well. This then turns rather sweet on my skin with the vanilla breathing through (after about 15-20 minutes) - BuysBlind mentions clumsy...it feels that way here for a while. However, it re-emerges as the heart shows with the key notes of sage and cedar coming into the composition soon thereafter...a nice, fresh green/woody blend. This is where I get why people like Avon Perceive. It smells like a decent mainstream scent at this point. Honestly, sniffed blind...I would not be able to tell you what house this is and Avon would surprise me.

It is a rather synthetic concoction, but one that doesn't offend. The drydown is well-described by gypsyparfumista, a nice green/woody patchouli and clean musk that warms with the vanilla showing in the background.

Not something I would buy (or re-buy), personally. I do not dislike it and find that it actually is something that would be a pretty good, inexpensive bottle for the 15-35 crowd who want to wear a light scent that is fresh and sweet. I am rather impartial to it - and don't see it as a true chypre as there are no florals in here, and the term of what a chypre is in modern fragrance really gets stretched out. To me, Avon Perceive is an Aromatic scent that offers freshness balanced by the sweet vanilla (also a fixative) which offers some longevity on the skin. Although, in my test wearing, I didn't get much past two hours wearing it. In a full wearing, I think you would have to apply it rather heavily (including to your shirt) and reapply around the 4-hour mark to get a full day's wear.

For me, there are many better options out there that smell more distinct and don't oversell themselves with marketing taglines. However, I am glad to have tried it for free - but, I think my boys will appreciate it more. I can give it to them as they enjoy scent and this is a decent casual wear that will smell good on them.

KeithScar
KeithScar

great soft gentile smell that last, a very underrated fragrance

Justice Glaster
Justice Glaster

stuff is like a edp on my skin

soned
soned

What a great scent....smells much more expensive than what it is, and beats most designer men colognes out there.

Perceive starts very fresh and energetic, citrus and minty. Then it starts to change...still fresh, but it becomes more oriental....more sweet and woody.

This is supposed to be a cologne...weird part is, on me, it lasts more than 85% of the EDT's i have!.

I totally like this one a lot. As a matter of fact, I've been using it so much, that had to order another bottle.

Senzadite
Senzadite

I think the opening is sharp citrus and mint, then i get a little incense followed by a nice musky woody drydown a nice surprise it reminds me a little bit of L eau de Issey (regular and intense) great for summer or hanging around your house. very good indeed.

Bobster
Bobster

Perceive is another fragrance by Avon that would put some designer houses to shame. I admit that there are some below average fragrances by Avon but perceive is not one of them. This stuff is GREAT. The two notes that stick out most to my nose through the whole duration of the scent is grapefruit and mint and boy is it done right. Projection is decent and the longevity with this one is atleast 6 hrs. Absolutely worth every penny you would pay for this. Big thumbs up way up.

Buysblind
Buysblind

Perceive for Men by Avon

Not bad considering the price. Perceive opens well with some lemons and vanilla and soon moves into the drydown where you can pick up on the mint, cedar and sage. It's a little clumsy at times and there's a very synthetic quality to the base, however, in general, it's a fairly smooth, woodsy fragrance with some sweetness and powder. The drydown reminds me very much of a quieter, more subdued Iceberg Twice. Projection is good and longevity is about 2 to 3 hours.A good choice if you like the notes and aren't looking to spend more than 15 dollars. Perceive is never offensive and I believe it would be appropriate for many settings (work, dates, dinner, etc.). Overall, I give it a thumbs up.

Cologne Junkie72
Cologne Junkie72

This scent from Avon is great.It is a very clean,but not too strong scent that can be worn formally,or casually.I have recieved compliments from co workers from this scent.Great work Avon.

This is the scent that changed my opinion of Avon's men's line. I lived across the street from an Avon rep in the eighties and lemme tell you, the men's scents did not smell like this does...

This scent is amazing! It begins with a very nice grapefruit-mandarin citrus accord coupled with fresh mint. Lively and fresh smelling but not too intense, this comes on smooth and cool. After a bit, the sage mellows the green and the cedar adds a woodiness that gives it weight. The drydown is a lovely patchouli-musk wrapped in a stunning vanilla haze. This comes on smooth, gets earthy and finishes sexy and sweet. If only all relationships could be like this...

Sillage: decent
Longevity: good
Overall: 3.75/5

This scent never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think I'm over it, I smell it on someone or in a brochure and think: "Wow! I should wear this more often". Maybe it's the enigmatic 'mood-altering complex' that Avon claims is in here. Whatever it is it definitely raises my spirits...and gets noticed.

Ethan815
Ethan815

Not too complex, not too boring, this fragrance is really well-rounded. I don't see why this couldn't be worn any time of year, day or night. If I didn't have so many fragrances, this is one I'd be happy to wear all the time.

Sillage isn't off the charts, but it's good enough for me and the longevity seems to be longer than most of the Avon fragrances I've tested recently. I applied at 9am and reapplied at Noon (just because I liked it so much) and it's still going strong near 5pm.

The citrus, mint and sage were the stars of the show at first, but now it's all about the musk, patchouli and vanilla, with a hint of mint, refusing to leave the party too early. :)

Definitely one of Avon's best.

kisherceg
kisherceg

I've got it again from USA. And better than I remembered..Best cologne from Avon,I think. The official webpage says: Citrus notes of mandarin and grapefruit, grounded with earthy sage, sensual patchouli and calming cedarwood. Fresh, modern and magnetic with exclusive Mood Enhancing Complex.

This fragrance is one of my favourite, smells so wonderful clean and masculine and the lasting power is very good (at least 8-10 hours)!! I hope it won't be discontinued again. 5*

(I absolutely don't understand why this is unavailable in Europe from Avon and sold only in North America just like Mesmerize and Blue Rush Intense and Derek Jeter..???)

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

i just received this today and it smells fresh and fruity.mandarin orange makes it more fruity refreshing smell...i love this cologne

thanks avon

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Great fragrance from Avon. personally my favourite one. It is a kind of strong, deep, unique fragrance in its own way. I don't know how to describe it. Simply classic fresh aromatic chypre fragrance.
I give it 8 0ut of 10.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

This fragrance has presence. It's strong, rich, and resilient. It would draw every nose in your direction you would be the main attraction of the party, club, whatever you are you will be noticed. The citrus and cedar notes makes it come alive while the vanilla, patchouli, and mint makes a irresistible harmony.

vdxl
vdxl

It is nicely done and mature. Mysterious, seductive without having the minimum intention. Subtle, but long lasting. Good taste in a bottle for a great price. We had till 2007, when it was discontinued in my country.

guest_AG
guest_AG

I recomended this one to my jealous husband that doesnt belive that i wrote my other review of this fragrance about a year and a half ago (love you G )

hernie
hernie

Miss this fragrance. It´s discontinued since 2002 in my country.

guest_Alex
guest_Alex

fresh and unexpensive you can defenitely get the grapefruit, the orange and a little bit of the patchouli and thats really nice...lasting power is ok during summer...i remember that they used to say that this had a ¨mood enhacing¨ complex does anybody know what that meant?

Diegof7
Diegof7

Saiu de linha aqui no Brasil amava a nota de saída mas depois ele se tornava meio enjoativo definitivamente não era o ideal pra ser usado no calor e sim nos dias mais frios !!

Alexey
Alexey

Perceive for men is no longer available, but it is one of my favourites!!!!! I still have some on the bottom of the bottle.

Perceive for Men by Avon 3.79 out of 5 based on 94 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Perceive for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Perceive for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Perceive for Men by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Perceive for Men by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.