Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Rare Pearls Avon for women

Rare Pearls Avon for women
dislike

honey

Rare Pearls is a floral fragrance launched in 2004. It opens with rosewood, plum, honey and pepper. The heart is dominated by magnolia, while the warm base nicely caresses the skin with musk, sandalwood and patchouli. It is available as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) EDP.

Brazilian Rosewood Pepper Plum white honey

Magnolia

Musk Sandalwood Patchouli

Pure Poison
Jesus Del Pozo In White
Today

Rare Pearls Fragrance Reviews

emi

So nice sweet, spicy but fresh white floral with balsamic, woody and a tiny bit chypre undertones. I love it. It is long-lasting but close to the skin. Reminds me a bit of Today by Avon but Rare Pearls is deeper and more elegant. Really classy and not "avon-like" at all.

heather62
heather62

I just love this. It is so fresh, clean, feminine.

Rare Pearls had me from hello. First spray, done. Loved it.

The first day I tried it I knew that it had been delivered to my office already so I didn't wear any perfume in; just stole away to the ladies room to put a little on before everyone got to work. A friend walked in as I walked out and said, "oh my goodness, you smell SO GREAT!!" and asked what it was. That's a great sign.

I like going to sleep smelling this. There is just something so lovely about it. For me, it's the absolute best of the Rare line that Avon has.

My only complaint is that I wish this stayed with me longer. I have tried layering but it really doesn't last long -

MikaylaCrosby
MikaylaCrosby

I found this perfume from complimenting a frontdesk lady at a clinic. She told me it was rare pearls. It is nice and pleasant smelling for daytime wear. It has a feminine comforting smell about it.

Niya
Niya

This.
Perfume.
Is.
Amazing.

OMFG!The magnolia and pepper in this are most dominant but it is soooooo wearable. It last ages and the sillage? Mon Dieu. I definitely see the resemblance to Pure Poison. This is a great low budget dupe for this. Need to get myself a backup bottle before Avon goes insane and discontinues or reformulates. Definitely get this y'all. This is my current holy grail frag.

scented hubby
scented hubby

Flowers Carmel: perfect review!

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

What a beautiful fragrance! Rare Gold and Rare Diamonds both have very sharp notes that sting the nostrils at first whiff, but Rare Pearls is so smooth and milky. The florals are perfectly balanced and it's sweet without being cloying. I received Estee Lauder's Pleasures the same day I got this, and this one is a better, longer-lasting fragrance.

basma gamal
basma gamal

Old school perfume heavy with aloooot of honey smell yet elegent suitable for winter evenings I don't hate it but I don't like it too

Capricorngal19
Capricorngal19

It has a classic, elegant yet powdery smell. I just love it.I love perfumes where I can't detect what I'm smelling in a good way. I imagine a sexy woman in Paris wearing this.
Love love love!
Plus it's cheap?!
Uh...winning.
I usually wear this when I'm on business(interviews, meetings etc) because the smell is very elegant, sweet yet professional at the same time.

mystica
mystica

Strange, because I smell creamy orange flower and gardenia in this which are not listed in the notes.

Rare Pearls is a sweet honeyed floral which is quite light and enjoyable in spring/summer days. It does resemble Dior's Pure Poison but it's not exactly a dupe. The Avon signature which is evident in all Avon fragrances is there.

Don't expect the depth of Pure Poison here. Rare Pearls is somewhat more linear and quite an enjoyable fragrance in its own right.

And if Rare Gold is a woman, Rare Pearls is her younger/carefree sister. There is nothing "old" or "old lady" about this fragrance!

Any white floral lovers on a tide budget will definitely like this. If you love florals that's a safe buy.

secret girl
secret girl

good fragrance so strong scent ,better in night, high longetivity ,like it but not my best

bonnie52
bonnie52

I love this scent the best out of their rare collection. It's just beautiful and feminine ! The scent is so long lasting that it's detectable all day! Wonderful!

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

Rare pearls is definitely a very rare pearl. I love that the floral notes kind of jump out at me. I think that this perfume is appropriate for any age. It is soft yet enticing. This is a perfume that I would keep as staple in my perfume collection. Great Job Avon.

daniela_hct
daniela_hct

I've tryed so hard to make peace with Rare Pearls, but it's intoxicating and nausiaiting to me. I don't understand why so many people like it.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

Very heavy perfume - not for everyone, but pretty great (the plum is a nice twist).

frusia
frusia

Oh Pearl, I wanted to love you, but you didn't love me back. These Rare Pearls make me feel depressed for some reason, I'm not kidding. Every single time I tried to wear it I ended up so depressed like it sucked all joy out of me. Maybe it is too powerful and I'm not strong enough to bear with its power.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

I gave Rare Pearls a try after so far being highly impressed with Avon's Rare Collection and visiting each of them with two more to go. Rarely does fragrance leave with me with a ho-hum impression as I am highly passionate and usually love or loathe the scent. Rare Pearls has let me down. It is the first of the four Rares I have tested so far and I cannot like. No woods or spice. Only a floral of some kind.

There is nothing overbearing or loud about this fragrance and I find it well structured with a luxurious "feel" to it, but the overall fragrance is entirely something not me. There is a hint/note of something that is just not sitting well with me; the sickly-sweet-flowers-in-a-vase-smell, the bouquet which petals have been falling from for days and the water begins to slime and is not discarded of.

I have no idea how a fragrance can smell musty and flowery-fresh at the same time but that is exactly what I am getting with this one. It does have a fresh note of some aldehyde not entirely terrible but smells like a genuine, warm hug feels from a well-scrubbed, dowdy-esque woman overjoyed to see me (which is always a most welcome and beautiful feeling), but the scent... not so much. Suitable to her and on her. Perfect and fitting on her. Not me.

I have no reason to believe I received a bad bottle and know many women who love this sort of soft, non-offensive floral. It is simply not for me at all though I would still love and appreciate a genuine hug any time from a big or small woman of any age wearing Rare Pearls. *smiles* This could be a nice scent on someone else and surely is, but does not fit me or my personal taste at all.

Flowers Carmel
Flowers Carmel

I hate when a scent is described as "old Lady". What does that even mean? I would describe this scent as elegant and mature, in a Catherine Deneuve way. Old Lady? Lol! Please!

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

Soft, powdery, understated and on me .... a little masculine. I don't know if it's the pepper or the rosewood? I get a faint herbal vibe. Maybe it just doesn't work with my chemistry. I think if I sniffed this on a man's neck, I would never guess he had on a "woman's" fragrance. Overall though I don't think it's quite interesting enough to bother with.

Magenta32
Magenta32

Very clean, fresh, sweet, feminine and alluring scent. This was my signature for a while, and then I sort of grew out of it, wanted a change. I would strongly disagree that this is an 'old lady's' fragrance - to me it has an innocence about it so would suit young and old alike. I have yet to smell a perfume that should only be worn by grandma.

Back to Rare Pearls - I like it very much, and received many compliments when Wearing it.

lirael00
lirael00

Yes, it is similar to Pure poison, but it has more peppery sensation to it and it's more right in your face. Sometimes I get this feeling like I will have to sneeze if I'm smelling it for too long.I still prefer my Pure poison cause for me it's a love of my life. But this one is much cheaper compensation for it, so if you're on a tight budget get this one.

Jelenaa
Jelenaa

I don't like it. It smells very old and just... Not for me.

Lumiere
Lumiere

I got is as a gift from someone in summer, and thought, how horrible, smell of someone's sweat. Now, the weather has cooled down, the sky is more grey than blue, and even the last chrysanthemums are gone from the garden before the winter outbreak, it is a different impression, crispy and clean long-lasting floral, creating a scent of the flower garden on an early summer morning. Even though it is a straight-forward perfume which does not produce whiffs, or variations, it can help to get through the chilly and grey misty days.

polkadot27
polkadot27

It is a pleasant smell but nothing mindblowing or spectacular, it is very refined yet simple and fresh all the same. It is a safe option fragrance suitable for all occasions. It is classy, musky and fresh and has good lasting power considering it is from avon. It is a safe gift for a mother or an aunt.

TJerria
TJerria

I wore this perfume one day because I needed to wear a fragrance--simply put. I was at my mother's house and was going somewhere semi-formal. I love the smell of this fragrance although I must say it reminds of fragrances women of particular ages wear but I wore it anyway. It's long lasting and really sweet.

magdallenna
magdallenna

I like this scent but i think it is a more mature scent.

masalperest
masalperest

One of the most characteristic perfumes of Avon.
it resembles Pure Poison a lot,but not long lasting like that.So floral,so feminen..

ninius
ninius

Got my very first compliment after years today even though I wear perfume every day. This scent is something special.

noxii
noxii

the best Avon perfume and it lasts long

olga.stefan
olga.stefan

Can you become nostalgic as side effect of something you've only recently discovered? Rare Pearls is my proof. It was a CHristmas gift and as soon as I sprayed it, I was automatically transferred into some remote memory of a straight A girl, the universal teacher's pet,always efficient and prepy, a parallel reality of someone that I could have been.

This strange reference aside, it smells great, but kinda smug and indecesive. I loved it because I enjoy honey notes and those are very prominent in this one. It s also clean and great for office/daily use, it s also long lasting and incredibly cheap. There is one less pleasent note though, I reckon it's plum or the proximity of plum and pepper. However, thanks to honey and patchouli, it s very feminine and I will be purchasing it again.

alexandraID22/32
alexandraID22/32

I bought this today on a whim after briefly smelling in on the AVON brochure page and had some doubts until I got home and opened it and WOW!!! I think 'lovely' and 'classy' are the words to describe it. On me it smells like a fresh-warm honeyed floral, ideal for day wear.

onome
onome

i love this and it just sits on your skin calmly...i tried mixing this with my jimmy choo and it was fabbbbbb

ailishlu
ailishlu

I can`t understand the negative Reviews on this one. I have owned vintage Pure Poison and it really does remind me of it. OK it is somewhat sharper, but PP can also be piercingly sharp at first spray. It does indeed have a clean laundry scent to it, but it^s really nice. Maybe it just compliments my Skin. I`m just so glad to have been given the Chance to try it. I might even buy a bottle when my vintage mini PP runs out.

Longevity and sillage are massive on me which is more than I can say for certain other high-end fragrances. To sum up: I`m happy!!

Veshnya
Veshnya

Well the question is, how could I forget about them as much as 12 years! Forgive me I can't! Their level - France! Train - the magic, who ever breathed - will never forget! Resistance - is astonishing! Bottle - pleasing! Price - pleases even more! (Like, sorry for the confusion)

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

My initial impression of this scent was not favorable. Fabric freshener ....... and something NOT so fresh.

Then the weather changed. AHHHH! Now I am smelling a woody cloud of floral goodness, touched by peppery plum, and balanced by honey.

Serendipity!

loonad
loonad

love this.2nd bottle bought in December 2012.when i got married and moved to South Africa i had to leave a half full bottle behind.luckily my mum kept it well and i was able to use it.
this is a v nice,inoffensive perfume which suits summer best.i would call it a daytime perfume.i also own rare gold which is better for night-time in winter.rare pearls reminds me of intimately beckham-i hope i'm not mistaken-it is the one with a pinkish bottle.initially i blind-bought it during a buy one get one promo where i bought rare pearls and rare gold.now i buy them from ebay which gives me the best deals.it is a good scent for work and play alike.

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

This is a gorgeous nectar-filled floral. Spring freshness and summer warmth bottled together. It smells like being outside, but with all of nature's beautiful scents amplified and in super focus. Different smells waft in at different times on a warm breeze. It is impossible to feel disheartened or insignificant while wearing this fragrance. Trying on Rare Pearls made me feel like I accidentally stepped into paradise.

It does share some notes with Pure Poison, but is much fresher and more natural.If Pure Poison is polished and coiffed to be beautiful, Rare Pearls just woke up looking that way.

This perfume also reminds me of Tommy Hilfiger Dreaming, but it is fuller and without the slightly discordant peach note.

I keep smelling things in Rare Peals that are not listed in the notes, like hawthorn and plum blossom, tulips and grass. All these very-much-alive florals rest on a bed of nutty wood. This smells expensive and just beautiful. Even my husband, who dislikes many floral perfumes, likes Rare Pearls. Maybe it is because it dries down to woody honey freshness instead of exiting as a classically soapy floral.

onegoodcat
onegoodcat

I feel inclined to defend this lovely perfume. Let me first say that I am about to be 25 years old, and I'm one of those people that are drawn towards *certain* delicious sweet perfumes like Taylor Swift's "Wonderstruck." But just because I like those types of perfumes does not mean I cannot appreciate an elegant floral. I smelled a few scents on the Avon magazine and this was my favorite. It arrived today and I am not disappointed.

Wear this sparingly -- all you need is a few spritz. I also wear the lotion. It smells delicate, soft, and fresh when using the right amount. I think the musk notes are what people think smells like an "old lady" (quite insulting, if you ask me). The honey adds the right amount of sweetness and along with the other notes, the musk is neutralized, keeping the musk from being too overwhelming. And the pepper is very subtle on my skin; I can hardly tell. I am not an expert on notes, but let me tell you that this fragrance makes me feel elegant. I feel sophisticated, not like a teeny bopper girl anymore. I feel like a beautiful, confident woman wearing this. I wouldn't call this an "old lady" scent; it's a classic, timeless fragrance. I think all ages can enjoy this wonderful perfume.

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

I just simply love this scent. I got it earlier this year on the urging of my 18yr old daughter who felt "we" should try this.

My good friend is an Avon Lady so we get the brouchers on a regular basis, I have tried quite a few of their fragrances after many years of not buying any. some I love, some I like, some I am sentimental about, and some just don't work on me.

This started out as a like, but now as I said this one I just plain love, mature, in the very best sense, elegant and refined. It has grown on me especialy once I learned how best to wear this on my skin.

I make full use of the layering set. the shower gel is so warm with the rich honey and spiced by the pepper it makes a hot shower a luxury, a favorite of my daughter and myself especially at night. We both find it comforting and relaxing.

The body lotion is best on my skin once I've dried off and cooled down it's floral and plummy with the honey and pepper lightly in the background, I have to note here that I don't like scent of the lotion if my skin is too warm or moist yet from the shower,as the pepper comes on too strong then and ruins the florals for me.I like it best on cool dry skin and my daughter uses it often as well.

I enjoy the deoderant very much I like it for night or day and it works very well for me especially since I have trouble using waxy solids. The scent is equally honey, floral and pepper,lite on the woods and musk.

The powder ranks right up there with the shower gel for me I can use this anytime night or day I love to use this to keep fresh and cool under my clothes in the heat we are starting to get here in the south. The powder has more of the woods, I can also dectect the patchouli as well as the pepper and magnolia while the honey, plum and musk are soft and gentle.

The fragrance itself is such a rich grand floral that just works so well on my skin and I love so much that I have to exert a lot of self control and not over dose. It smells best when used sparingly. Too much and the pepper gets out of control and maskes the beauty of this gem.

I use the lotion and powder for everyday, with just a spray or two (usually one)of the fragrance in my hand and dabbed around to where I want it, and then spraying the second spray into the air and walking through it for overall scent on my clothes so that I get the scent all day.

This fragrance starts with the lovely warm honey and the spicy pepper. As the scent dries down the magnolia comes forward with the plum which adds depth and dimension to the magnolia, then the woods show and as it progresses I get the patcouli then lastly soft musk. This scent has great projection which is a good reason to use sparingly so as not to drown everyone out. This lasts all day and then some, I've gotten in to the shower after an extra long day and could still smell this on my skin. I love this and use it in rotation for daily use along with Today.I love this one more though and this may almost be a signature scent for me as I feel this works all year round.

I bought this blind based on reviews and the scent profile listed here. It's like sipping sweet tea in an orchard of magnolia trees on a balmy summer night. The EDP is quite potent and would be best for evening wear. It's just too much for the office. The powder, bath gel, anti-perspirant and lotion are far less intense and layer nicely without the need for EDP.

Overall, I like it's strong feminine spirit. I'll use the bath/layering set more than the EDP.

Biggsra
Biggsra

I sprayed this on at home about 5 hours before going to a local store. At home and work I thought, "Oh, this is nice, light and wonderful, but maybe just for at-home wear." Anyhow, I went to the store and the cashier stopped me because she "just had to know what perfume I had on, because it was so lovely." :) This one's a keeper!

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Fresh, clean, sweet, floral, and smells as if you have merged into a Monet or watercolor painting... surrounded by beautiful colors and essences.

-------

Rare Pearls will appeal to your chemistry if you are already someone who likes florals and more of a bouquet type fragrance. If this isn't' really "your thing" then you should probably "pass" on this, and try something that has YOUR favorite ingredients in it.

The Reviews are Polarizing... but don't let that stop you from trying this --

I've noticed that a lot of perfumes that I really LOVE, have polarizing reviews. Why is this? Probably - because people are trying a fragrance that is not in the right range for their personal taste, to start with.

Chemistry is EVERYTHING when it comes to perfume and fragrances. On one person, a fragrance can blend with the chemistry and turn into something that is totally mesmerizing and creates a complete image and persona. On another person, this same fragrance can "turn" and bring out notes that do not harmonize, bringing out the worst elements of a particular fragrance composition... even souring the very ingredients that smelled so lovely on the person with harmonious chemistry to the fragrance.

-------------

I discovered this fragrance while at my high school reunion this past summer. A woman was wearing this at the hotel and was walking down the hall leaving this beautiful fragrance trail. This smelled so good that I I had to ask what she was wearing - and she told me that it was Avon's Rare Pearls!

This fragrance hits a range and octave very similar to my very favorite fragrance, Eau Du Ciel by Annick Goutal. I love that one, but it only lasts about 2 hours on my skin, then I need a refresher.

Rare Pearls is now my signature home fragrance that I spray before having company over - and a lot of my friends really love this. One of my friends is a real estate executive and he went on and on about how great this smells when I sprayed it near my entry. A little bit of this goes a long way. I have also sprayed this, then walked through it - where it leaves a trace in my hair and lightly on my clothes.

If you like this fragrance, try Rare Gold... by Avon. Both smell like sister fragrances and have good silage and wear for hours. Both pass my 8 Hour Test - and Jacuzzi Test with flying colors and blend very well with my personal body chemistry. Rare Pearls was my first introduction to Avon fragrances. I had always thought that you had to find the best fragrances at a department store, until discovering this. Avon has really created some fabulous scents and it makes me want to explore more of their fragrance collection. I'm very picky and selective - and Rare Pearls and Rare Gold are both fabulous fragrances with my chemistry.

------------

If you have classically liked floral perfumes, then you will probably love this. Don't be fooled by the review polarization. People are either going to love this - or hate it. You won't know until you actually try it - and see how it blends with your personal chemistry. I love it!

Don't be scared off by the "old lady" comments... this is far from "old lady" and will appear great on women who really love floral perfumes! You don't have to be "old" to appreciate something that smells great, but I guarantee you that if you are someone who objects to floral fragrances, then this will NOT be your thing - don't waste your time. Find fragrance notes that YOU like, and explore them... but don't run down a classically elegant floral just because you think that this smells like your grandmother!!!

Rare Pearls is ageless and timeless and I much prefer this to some of the more bubble-gum pop type fragrances that are lining the walls at the major retail shops such as Victoria's Secret and the Body Shop.

-------------

Final Verdict:

If you love florals, this could be YOUR thing! I like the range and chord of Rare Pearls. It is coming in at the range of an alto - rather than a high soprano fragrance like Madonna's Truth or Dare, Fracas, and Eternity. There is a grounding quality to Rare Pearls that I don't find in the higher range soprano scents.

This definitely has the potential to become a "signature scent"- but only for a woman who already loves florals. I feel that the reviews are polarizing because a number of women who are not really "into" florals - have written reviews on this.

Try it, see how it wears on your skin. You will know in an hour or so, if this is YOUR thing - or not... you won't know till you try it!

HeidiLynn

I own Rare Pearls, and I do like it, but it is a very heavy, heady fragrance. Like an elegant woman with a basso profundo voice and expensive yet avant garde clothing—this perfume is something to take in small doses. It’s a white floral tempered and sweetened with honey, heady and blousy yet not quite overblown. I get only a shadow of musk or woody notes; to my nose, it’s all magnolia and honey. Magnolia always seems to walk the line between being a heavy summer floral, and being a meaty rotten mess (even the flowers can go either way), and this perfume barely escapes the latter. It’s powerful, it’s sweet, it heats up as you heat up and rolls into a cloud surrounding you like a fragrant brume. I wear it when I need to channel that confident, bold, eccentric yet refined woman.

karebear0099
karebear0099

I think I would get a larger size of this. I bought the purse size and am digging it. It's more on the mature side, but it smells very nice, soft and delicate. Does have sweetness but also a clean and soapy type smell to it. Almost reminds me of the philosophy graces but sweeter.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Nope, nope, nope =( i cant deal with this one. It stunk on me and was extremely nauseating - i actually had to go and wash it off and even after scrubbing my skin i could still smell it. Well if u like it...at least know that its super strong and long lasting. My grandma is absolutely in love with it. Its a very old lady smell. Just not me.

Inessita
Inessita

Yesterday just recived my parfume RARE PEARLS.Afrer trying what shell I say this parfume is very special strongfloral really so much resemble wit PURE POİSON DİOR...byt its absolutely not my song too strong and old fashioned defenently.

dezaval
dezaval

Well, I'm wearing it these two last weeks and it reminds me so much of Ysatis! But, in comparison with it, Rare Pearls is mostly an everyday fragrance, ideal for spring mornings at work. Non-offensive, floral, with spices like pepper and a touch of honey. Somehow I detect jasmin in it. After 2-3 hours it turns to be more "florally" sweet. Longevity and sillage are descent, too. Well, it could be worn at night, but I personally would prefer (and suggest) Ysatis, which is more mysterious and sensual.

gingerbreadrat
gingerbreadrat

pepper, honey, plum, patchouli, how could i go wrong? i needed to try it when i read the notes and saw all of the positive reviews.
so disappointed.
moth balls and fabric softener. old-ladysville. yuck.

celebrity89
celebrity89

White Diamonds + Intimately Beckham + a smidgen of Pure Poison.

Princess
Princess

Smells like pure poisen, not bad

lolitajade
lolitajade

smells exactly like ysatis

angeliclight555
angeliclight555

Rare pearls is a wonderful scent... warm, a little sweet with soft spicy woods. There is plum but it is so gentle that it compliments without being fruity. Being in my late fifties, this fragrance is a subtle feminine reminder that no mater our age, scent is our personal statement and identity.

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

I loooooooooove it
it doesn't smell old ladyish or vintage at all
I am in my 20's and can't get enough of it
it smells like kinda honeyed magnolia with amazing last power

adair58
adair58

I have always loved Rare Pearls. On me it is gently honeyed with magnolia and a very light musk and sandalwood anchor. My skin soaks up scent so for me a little stronger is a little better! It is long lasting for me (6-8 hours) and that is 1 or 2 sprays. One of Avon's best and I hope they don't discontinue it.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

I detect magnolia in a big way and I don't think we get along. To me white florals figure prominently with woods to make it a bit sexy. Unfortunately, this does not make me want to buy a bottle. In my opinion, it is more suited to older southern belles who love magnolias and big white florals.

jessica.rios
jessica.rios

I LIKE IT!! THE ONLY PERFUME I LIKE FROM AVON!
IS VERY SIMILAR TO PURE POISON, AND ED HARDY LOVE & LUCK!! IT WILL BE A BOMB IF YOU USE ALL THREE TOGETHER, TO ME THERE IS SOMETHING SIMILAR ON THIS 3!
SAME RANGE!

larosabella
larosabella

It's a powdery, sweet floral. I don't really wear it but it smells just like my childhood friend's house. Whenever I smell this, it just brings me back to the those times at her house. A little too mature for me, though.

RoxanaM4491

This is a scent that grows on you -- I keep smelling my wrist. Please give it a chance, and keep an open mind. Ignore all memories of what's "new" and trendy versus classic, and just pay attention to what appeals to the nose. Very floraly and very sweet -- I sense magnolia, plum, and honey. A glorious mixture. Avon did a great job. I can't believe this scent only cost me $10.

HeidiLynn

I have the small purse size of this, and it is a pleasant and enjoyable perfume. Usually, my style is more amber/spicy/woody, and usually floral perfumes are bitter or sour on me. This one starts and stays sweet. I definitely smell the magnolia and honey--the honey gives it a heavy sweetness that is unique. I also get a little of the plum, but no pepper, woody notes or musk on me--although, as I think of it, those are notes that usually work, so maybe they are keeping the floral notes fresh and in tune with my chemistry, but are therefore less recognizeable. The sillage is pretty good, and I still can smell the perfume on me after 12+ hours of wearing it (maybe just still on my clothes, but that's a long time). The heat really makes the scent bloom--if I sweat, it expands around me.

irin_ka
irin_ka

I used to like it for casual wear. But not after I got new carpet cleaner spray which smells exactly the same. now I cannot wear it - it reminds me of that cleaning product.

RoxanaM4491

okay so my purse spray came in and.... well this is a lovely fragrance, through and through. Does not smell cheap. Has lovely notes and transition from top to base notes, it is overall a beautiful composition.

Is it for everyone? No. I would consider this a "classic" fragrance and perhaps a little too suited towards ages older than myself (21 years old). But it is so "lovely" and well-rounded and it's the type of fragrance that would be someone's "signature."

I can wear this scent to elicit certain moods and styles, even though it isn't my signature scent. '

The notes last multiple hours, and I put one single spray of this perfume on before going out for the night, and was able to detect the beautiful mid/base notes of the scent all night.

A beautiful creation. Just, try a sample before you buy to make sure it's really "you." ---Alex

lavender sage

I rec'd my purse spray and gave it a whirl, and this one is just not for me. I am glad that I tried it just to satisfy my curiosity though. I second that you only need one spray though - it is a potent potion!

Ouch!
Ouch!

Oh dear, this was a blind buy for me that's gone horribly wrong. I bought it based on the "Pure Poison" similarities (Luckily I got pure poison for my birthday so all is not lost).

I can see why people would think this smells like Pure Poison but I'm going to have to disagree. This is incredibly soapy and not in a good way, pure poison is soft this is sharp and much more unpleasant (to my nose) I'm glad I have been able to return it.

This lacks the smoothness of PP, it is much more "classic" smelling than I thought it was going to be.

This would smell lovely on the right person but it isn't for me. fail.

jennifer-auugustin
jennifer-auugustin

First time i smell rare pearls , i had same reactions like some of u. i thought it was horrible... but today a friend of mine let me smell it and i was completely amazed. it smells good and i bought it...

lavender sage

I just ordered the purse spray based on a lot of positive reviews that I've read here, but I was nervous after I ordered it because most of the positive reviews on Avon's own site were from ladies whose profiles listed they were in the "55 and older" range (I'm in my twenties). The notes sound fantastic to me though, especially the honey and plum. I'll follow up after I receive my sample and see if I'm ready to order a full-sized bottle or not.

CheyenneaRae
CheyenneaRae

My mom just purchased this and it smells amazing it has a really wonderful vanilla, powder, flower scent to it. It is strong when you first spray it on but it has an amazing after smell. One of my favorites. The only fault I really found about it is it has a alcohol smell to it but after you have it on about 15/20 mins it smells like vanilla, and powder, flower. It stays on till the very next day :)

EmiliaEmmy
EmiliaEmmy

Feminine, elegant, dreamy, slightly mature, not overpowering. A lovely scent. My mom smelled it on me and wants one too. Great job, Avon.

purpleunicorn
purpleunicorn

This perfume has a nostalgic quality for me, and that's probably why I like it so much. My mom used to sell Avon, and she got a bottle when I was 12 or so. She ended up "giving" it to me, though she still used it from time to time herself. It is a mature scent, now that I look back on it, but it reminds me of my mom and my tween years. It's a very elegant, feminine, and bright fragrance. I actually don't like how it smells straight out of the bottle, but when spritzed onto my wrist, it's magical.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I purchased my bottle from ebay & received it today. I only wanted this because I heard it smells a lot like Dior Pure Poison, J.Del Pozo In White, Intimately Beckham. I can surely say it does! Such a nice, feminine, sophisticated, luxurious scent. I also heard in a lot of reviews that this smells like a mature "grandma scent" it does NOT! I am so happy I came across this perfume because its so affordable! Forget J Del Pozo In White & Intimately Beckham, this is the most affordable & VERY similar to Dior Pure Poison! My sister who's signature scent was Dior Pure Poison thought I was wearing Pure Poison! She's now hooked on this perfume as well. The projection power is not the best & the staying power is great when sprayed on clothes not skin. Overall, I will definitely re-purchase this as it is now my top 5 favorite fragrances.

10/10 :)

damewolf13
damewolf13

This one grew on me....a lot!
It took some getting used to, but now I really like it.
On my skin, this scent is all about the honey, plum, and magnolia. While that may seem a very simple composition, as it mellows, it becomes richer and more dimensional, until in the drydown it becomes a lovely, sweet, honey dipped magnolia floral scent. It is nice and simple, and great in the workplace, or for daytime dates.
Silage is fairly good, and longevity is 4+ hours.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

Wow. I got mine in today . It is a beautiful, long lasting fragrance. Beware however this potion is super strong. I srayed it as I do with other fragrances and nearly suffocated everyone. It took a while to settle down .

Such a pretty scent but use lightly !

aprilchild
aprilchild

Tip- Combine this with Mark. Sophistique and it smells even more amazing, it mixes so well with that fragrance(that isnt very good to begin with).

Jessicajessica
Jessicajessica

Soapy smell, i love it!

mayazakiyaa
mayazakiyaa

I received a little sample of this when I ordered Avon thru a friend. I immediately put it on, and just remember I kept sniffing my wrist all day and really liked it. Without over-analyzing anything, simply it's just a pretty and comforting smell to me. Doesn't strike me at all as being "old ladyish", is just simply soft, pretty, and comforting, something I wear on dreary days when I'm hanging out at home organizing closets, doing laundry, etc. It's just nice :)

ciresik80
ciresik80

I love this perfume

Cashmere4ever
Cashmere4ever

I only like two Avon fragrances. This is one of them. It has a soothing, calming effect on me …. Quite different from the rest of my collection of fragrances, most of them designer.… A little intoxicating at first… but quickly forgotten over the course of the day. A cheap buy worth trying!

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Mix L'instant Guerlain with Dior Pure Poison and throw in some spring water to dilute it a tad. Voila! Rare Pearls! I happen to love it. If you want a perfume with punch and staying power, buy this. It works great when you layer it and stays with you forever. Projection/Silage is average, though if over sprayed you will have a problemo. :) Cheers!

UPDATE:

I ordered a set of this from AVON last week and was excited to get it. When it arrived I tried on the scented roll on antiperspirant, sprinkled a bit of the powder down my blouse, put a dab of the body cream on my arms and then four squirts of fragrance...one on each arm, one to my back bone and one on the top of my head. My husband came down from our upstairs office (about 2200 feet away) and my son came out from our front living room and wanted to know what the strong smell was. Long story short, I have had a migraine for the past 30 hours. This is WAY intense, WAY strong. I think the powder by itself would suffice. I used to sell Avon and tried a sample a long time ago and I really do like this! It is pretty, just UBER intense. Word to the wise....one squirt, lower on the person is gonna do you! :)

roseredlolita
roseredlolita

I love rare pearls it's another Avon perfume I got for Christmas it's alot better than rare gold it has more delicate fume compared to rare gold

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

My middle aged mother wears this a lot and my God does she smell wonderful in this.

Eneli
Eneli

So I got myself a variety of Avon perfume samples and today I´m wearing this..
This is certainly one of the best old-lady-perfumes I have ever smelled. Elegant and enchanting, but according to me not so suitable for younder women. As soon as I retire this is what I will be wearing.Hopefully Avon still makes it by then..

A day later I just feel thay I have to add something..
the lasting power is really great on me.
Even in my sleeps it was positivelly enchanting me. I don´t want to wait until my retirement, I want this perfumen NOW!AND I WANT EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD TO SMELL LIKE RARE PEARLS! Wow, I sound obsessed!..

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

i had a co-worker who sold Avon occasionally and wore this - and she always smelled so lovely. so i bought a bottle, and it smelled good sprayed on my clothes, or on paper, but on me it just went wrong wrong wrong.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I tried a sample of this today, and really, it is not my style at all. It starts out ok, but then turns really synthetic and anoying. It smells like something older people would wear. On the top notes I could pick out the magnolia, a hint of pepper, plum and honey, but then when the base notes appear it just becomes really synthetic. Better for spring and summer fragrance. For me, it is a big no.

Robinlolo
Robinlolo

This was one of my first Avon perfume purchases, and a blind one at that, so I didn't know what to expect. I bought it because of the magnolia note, and was hoping for something floral and lovely.

It was love at first spray- I can't describe how enamoured I was with it! I'm terrible at dissecting fragrances, so I can't say what I was smelling, and what notes were prominent, but I felt like I had stumbled across the most lovely perfume. It wasn't until a few hours later that I realized why I loved it so much- my mom must have worn something similar when I was younger, and it smelled just like her. So a good mix of nostalgia and genuine admiration for the scent.

However, after a few days I started to detect a very strong synthetic quality to it, especially at first spray. It still smelled nice, but not as wonderful as at first spray. I still don't know if there really is a synthetic smell, or I've become influenced by the negative reviews for Avon perfumes I've since read on the internet, but it's diminished my love for it a bit :(

But I still like it! I call it "Mom in a bottle", which amuses her, and makes me happy.

beatrix75
beatrix75

It was the second love after the Far away by avon its very feminin lovely fragrance ,plum sweet very good smell

Patricia888
Patricia888

I remember this perfume from my teen years when I really liked it. Then it was discontinued for long time and now when I`m 30 I bought it again out of nostalgia. Although I don`t find it as captivating anymore (as meanwhile I`ve found perfumes I like better) I still like it. However when I happily put it on again and met my friends they made a face and asked what I`m wearing. They also said it smells as something old ladies would like:(. Now I`m in dilemma.

To me this was recommended as a nice honey scent. I don't agree with that at all. It's a totally strong and very old fashioned scent. It's very musky which is not my type at all. I agree with the reviewers who compare it to Ysatis. I don't see any resemblance to Dior Pure Poison or other soft-sweet scents mentioned here. This scent is so strong, it's almost nauseating. It's very harsh too.

Janina
Janina

Rare pearls smells so much like Eden by Cacharel. At one point it`s almost identical scent and I really know Eden by heart as it`s the only and a signature scent of my mum. OK RP may not be as lush and complex but if you like Eden you are likely to like this one too. It is not an old lady scent by any means.
(And people please somebody explain me where do you get to smell old ladies anyway? What kind of a stupid category is that? Our 70 ears old neighbout -may she rest in peace- was using Curious by BS...) does that make Curious an old lady scent?
Rare pearls...for once it does not smell of an Avon brochure scented page and that is a big plus already.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I'd read the good reviews for Rare Pearls on here and was intrigued so a couple of weeks ago when I saw it on sale in an Avon brochure I decided to take a chance and order a bottle of it.

I got my bottle this afternoon and luckily I really like it. It's not necessarily the type of scent I'd fall over myself to buy in a department store, say, and it's not necessarily my 'type' but I still like it! It's sweet yet flowery, creamy and warm. The main notes I smell are the rosewood, plum, honey, magnolia and musk. Luckily I don't detect the patchouli, which I don't normally like. This does smell relatively mature so probably a lot of younger women, say in their teens to mid twenties or so, might find this type of perfume too mature smelling for them. However, I don't think it smells 'geriatric', 'grandma' or 'old lady' (some not very nice expressions used by some of the reviewers to describe it on here!) and I think anyone from their late 20's on, say, could easily wear this and smell really nice! Also, I think it could just as easily be worn during the day (with a light hand!) as in the evening, or for a special occasion. It does smell classy and elegant though (and actually quite expensive!) so perhaps it's not the kind of perfume for doing anything too casual like gardening, the school run or making a frantic dash to the supermarket for a loaf of bread, say!

As for the comparisons to Ysatis and J'Adore, which are mentioned in some of the reviews here, I don't get that connection at all. I used to have Ysatis and I don't remember it smelling like this! I also have a bottle of J'Adore and, to my nose, that smells very different to Rare Pearls. It does remind me of something I've smelled before (either one or more perfumes!) but I'm not sure what, or whether it's just that I've smelled this kind of scent on other women at some point but regardless, it's very nice in its own right and is well worth the £6.00 I spent on my 50ml EDP of it!

MissRalux
MissRalux

Great perfume, my fav from all Avon perfumes. Sophisticated scent, but i really don't feel its meant for 'mature' age group. I feel really flirty using it and i got a lot of compliments (im in my late 20's). The name its true to it's scent , reminds me of a pearl necklace. The only down side for me is that it doesn't last too long...i have to keep reapply.

micheb
micheb

IT SMELLS JUST LIKE DIOR"POSION"

tiria
tiria

I love this scent. It's sweet, clean, serious, still flirty...makes me feel not only like a woman, but a LADY.Maybe I wouldn't have liked it in my teenage years, but now, being 32, it's one of my signature scents.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

this is a very nice scent and only my second Avon scent purchase after soft musk which I really like. This smells like a quality scent and at first I thought it reminded me of a Liz Taylor scent as it's initially quite loud, sharp and sweet. It is a little like Ysatis which I love, but it lacks the civet base and some of the plushness. However, I think it's eminently wearable for any occasion, day or night and I think it's a good wardrobe staple at a great price! I get the pepper, magnolia, honey and rosewood in well balanced proportions.

This is a classy elegant, mature scent. The magnolia and plum are evident, with a touch of honey. I see the similarity to Ysatis, but this seems softer and a bit sweeter. I feel serious when I wear this.

devaluxe
devaluxe

Love this stuff. I feel very sophisticated in the scent. It's heavy on the magnolia, which is divine and smells much more "southern debutante" than "backwoods barbie" - I've been known to play up both! :)

flowersandcandy
flowersandcandy

This is a beautiful perfume but it's too mature for me.I'm in my 20's.It's an evening scent perfect for fall-winter.

I.I
I.I

I bought it without having tried it and I wasn't disappointed at all. It was just like I expected, similar scent to what the bottle and name implies it to be.
It is a classic, elegant, floral and sweet but long lasting perfume. When I wear it, it really reminds me of pearls, of white color, purity etc.
Not a sexy but classy and sofisticated perfume, would also suite younger girls and old grandmas too (IMO).

FairyDust
FairyDust

This reminds me of Ysatis, somehow. Yet when I smell RP and Ysatis side by side, there is one note in RP that stands out far above any similarities with Ysatis. It's HONEY!! YUM!!! Its very strong in RP which I love. I usually don't like Avon, but this one is an exception to my NO AVON rule. This is ethereal!

tigergirl
tigergirl

I love honey in it.

Stacey923
Stacey923

It is time to catch up on reviews. I am on the fence about this one, it wore very powdery soft on me. The lightly sweet honey scent was different from anything I have tried before. There was a crispness (best way I can think of describing it) that didn't stay long, not sure if it was the plum or rosewood. For the most part though it was a nice light scent that was not overpowering. I love the pearlescent bottle.

Halvah
Halvah

I don't know Rare Diamonds and Rare Rubies and I truly dislike Rare Gold, but Rare Pearls is a fume that I love passionately. The only thing I'm afraid of is that they probably will discontinue it as they did always with the best Avon products:) But hopefully I'm mistaken now:)

Well, the perfume is anything but cheapsmelling, very lady-like but not the least oldlady-like on my skin, indeed, it's soft, floral, woodsy and slightly spicy, just the way I love it. One touch goes a long way and last whole day that is pretty good from an Avon perfume and for that price. The bottle is distinctive, like a pretty jewel on my dresser.

It could be easily my signature fragrance since it warms up in winter and stays flowery-fresh in the summer, perfect for the office and for evening occassions too. Avon, don't stop producing this, please!

rainbow.owl
rainbow.owl

very nice - quite like Ysatis.

Just today did I receive this perfume from my angel Sophi and it is soo amazing!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! It has so many notes that I adore. I now want to have all 'Rare...' Avon's!!

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Yes, it's similar to Pure poison. Magnolia and honey, very chic and mature scent. Lasting power is great!

ajc
ajc

Very, very strong and sharp fragrance. There is a lot of pepper and patchouli in it.It is best to wear in a very cold weather or it is just unbearable.Lasting power is good and bottle is very beautiful even if it's empty.

laura.poison
laura.poison

Powdered spicy rosewood and sweet honey that take you to the glamorous magnolia and then the elegant sandalwood.. for a perfect ending.. Wonderful scent, feminine and sensual, good lasting power! Great for night time and cold winter mornings that you spend by your lover's side..

bombonica
bombonica

very interesting fragrance from avon, had it when i was in high school, everybody said i smell great!

i had this in the past and all i can say is its ok. one or two spritzes of this is enough. very strong, kind of sweet and similar to some of the other avon perfumes. i tend to wear heavier fragrances in the winter at night. this is defintely one of those fragrances.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

This is Avon's answer to Dior Pure Poison. No kidding, it smells pretty similar to it. But for the life of me, I can't understand why because the main note in P.Poison is jasmine, while this one doesn't even appear to have jasmine in it. Perhaps it's the magnolia in Rare Pearls that's making it smell so similar, but either way, it's great. In my opinion, this is not your typical, run of the mill Avon fragrance. It's a true floral perfume, and I don't get any of that harsh pepper note that some are talking about, either. Up to date, this is my favorite Avon fragrance, hands down.

youriko
youriko

I got it as a gift and was not convince of it, tryed it and loved it. got so many compliments to!!! A real classic, timeless

cgo2105
cgo2105

I could pick up on the rosewood and hints of plum when I first sprayed it on my wrists. During the drydown its as if I've layered my Chanel Coco Mademoiselle over CK's Secret Obsession hours 'after' Secret Obsession starts to fad away. Most likely due to the pepper notes. Pearls isn't one of my favorites, but it is nice, and floral. I could wear it on a hot summer evening... very lovely and romantic for a first date (outdoors).

Some claim this is a retooling of the old Avon scent Pearls & Lace, I find it much more sophisticated and luxurious than the light floral creature with fruity nuances and powdery drydown that was my mother-in-law's signature scent...

This opens with a bombast of plums, glazed in honey and stuck with peppercorns...interesting to say the least. The rosewood adds a clean elegance as this develops to a luscious floral heart of magnolia, magnolia, magnolia (I do declare!). I owned a full bottle of this and really liked it; but I was not 'womanly' enough as it has all the flair of a southern debutante: sweet to the extreme, saucy and full of life and very refined (though not afraid to "go out without her shawl" or buggy riding without a chaperone). My mind is drawn to Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone with the Wind", yet I imagine she smelled much more oriental and strong-so this was no doubt one of her silly sisters, or the constantly fainting Aunt 'Pittypat'. The drydown is very nice on this one-patchouli's raw earthiness, combined with a very dry sandalwood and a very nice lady like musk, with breezy evening magnolia memories. Even now it's dying notes feel rich, voluptuous and a hint mysterious. A perfect scent for a lady who likes the finer things, but is more young at heart, than serious and steadfast...

Sillage: great
Longevity: above average
Overall: 3.5/5

Fiddle-dee-dee! This still smells to me more like a southern belle scent, and I would be more the Rhett Butler dark scoundrel type. A great scent, just too feminine-even for me! I'm off to watch Gone with the Wind AGAIN...

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

This perfume takes me back years ago,It was my mom's signature for many years.
I like this one a lot, it's elegant, mature and comfy woodsy.
But, since this is nostalagic stuff for me, I feel whenever I'm wearing it that " I'm wearing my mom's perfume. It's not mine!!"

arg1971
arg1971

very unique smelling in a very good way some people say this smells like avons discontinued pearls and Lace. I dont seem any similaritys I still have a old bottle of pearls & lace and could not smell anything in this that reminds me of rare pearls although they both smell really good

emi

It's funny that it is categorised as a floral fragrance although it hasn't even a single floral note hmm...

karolla28
karolla28

I used that scent when I met my husband 8 years ago. Now it remind us for very great time, he loves it still very much, like he loves me :)
But I think, that I can smell Champagne in Rare Pearls. Anyway scent is like sparkling Champagne.

crakky
crakky

My mom has this perfume...and i tried it few times...i liked it...but..in my opinion, this is a very heavy fragrance, and it is perfect for women in their 30s or 40s...not for me anyway...:D

nyoka
nyoka

Rare Pearls really is rare.Smells like no other.THe rosewood magnifies the plum to bursting.THen it is overcome by magnifiucent magnolias their creamy white heads turned up to heaven emitting that one of a kind smell.A beautiful musk essence wraps itself arroiund the sandlewoodand drysdown to a swirlingscent of heaven.REminds me of something Dior would make.smells very expensive.

guest_Firea
guest_Firea

This is the only perfume from Avon that I absolutely love without any doubt. It's long-lasting and smells really expensive, the base just as well the rich, flowery top notes. It's very bottle-worthy as well in a beautiful, classy-style bottle.

guest_dr_T.

Thanks to one of my patients who gifted me this perfume 6yrs back and so i came to know about this charismatic fragrance.
I went crazy searching this perfume and now despite using it for years, i am not saturated of it....
Its fragrance is so feminine, elegant , romantic and refreshing that almost every one asks me "which perfume are u wearing , its awesome"

its some magical sort of fragrance that at the end of my hectic day or before going to sleep .. i find it so comforting and relaxing, taking me away in some floral gardens...
in one sentence i would say
"i'm addicted to it"

guest_dr_T.

One of my patient gifted me this perfume 6yrs ago,since then till now... i'm in love with this perfume rather got addicted to it. i never feel saturated of it.At the end of my hectic day, before going to sleep ...its fragrance takes me somewhere away in floral gardens...

The_Entity
The_Entity

a bottle which will look good on the dressing table, at first i thought the scent was odd (maybe the pepper note) grown to like this, a good frag for an occasion like going out to dinner

pansylady
pansylady

My mother-in law's favorite fragrance- and she is very picky, this is one of the few that she can wear- (in addition to Avon's Soft Musk, which I haven't seen in awhile)

for me, no-go- it was just too heavy- the combination of notes is similar to J'Adore, which j'adore- but this one just doesn't sit right on me-

and maybe it's best not to use your mother-in-law's signature scent, anyway!

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

well well well its nice to see so many folks share my opinion of this lovely scent and the bottle. Unforgettable scent from Avon, the layers of shower gel and body lotion just adds to the luxury, though its readily available..

Fragaria
Fragaria

I liked this a lot and my husband even MORE so! I think of an office executive wearing this. Kinda sophisticated, prim and proper. For just about anyone but I DO find that a lot of scents in church from the "old ladies" smell seemingly like this! This old lady likes it just fine. It IS strong but in a polite way? It's a sort of comfort scent.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Omg...i had this one back in 2004, and all i can remember is that is so strong, cheap, artificial smell...terrible...Toxic !!!
If i remember well, me and my sister throw it away !!!
Great lasting power though....lol....

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

Very sweet honeyed musk. Not bad, but not for me.

guest_Perfect Pearl
guest_Perfect Pearl

I own a perfect pearl so this perfume reminds me of the extreme rarity of a natural perfectly round flawless rosy-white pearl. I also own a Super D-flawless perfect diamond.

Less than 0.1% of all the gems in the world can be perfect. Less than 0.1% can own them. And I feel even more special when I'm wearing Rare Pearls from AVON bcoz I am also as rare as what I wear...

I also have the finest tight pink pie and buns on the face of Planet Earth.

AmberLove
AmberLove

This is a fragragrance I bought after reading the reviews on avon website, and I am not disappointe!!!In fact I find it such a classic feminine scent. I find it quite rich, so I only use it on special occasions, though I use its bodylotion quite often. Nice one from Avon!!!!Magnolia and plum dominate.

vioversilver
vioversilver

Got this as a purse spray to see first if I would like it. Went on real nice at first , the middle was quite pleasant also ,creamy but peppery at the same time, unfortunately minutes later Pearls turned rather cloying & sweet on my skin & stayed that way for the duration.
I own three Avon perfumes in all, two that I really enjoy , but this one may not work out for me. However I will give this fragrance another go & then make up my mind about it.

KellyChrisp
KellyChrisp

Clean peppery strong floral smell. I find it easy to wear and smells very classic, a strong personality perfume. I wear it to work. I am addicted to it.

eranaral
eranaral

Sweet and peppery. Something about it is very sophisticated and professional, yet a fragrance that can work in many occasions. Lasting power is good for its price, you might want to reapply it lasts 4-5 hours and it does not stay close to the skin, it gives off well.

guest_Jean
guest_Jean

Avon rare pearls is my fav!! My boyfriend simply loves it as much as i do.. I shall continue to wear this perfume for as long as i can :)

sublimedoll
sublimedoll

This has got to be THE worst of the Avon fragrances that I have tried as of late. It is VERY overpowering (I only used a swipe) and, unfortunately, smells like little old lady on me :(

guest_angel
guest_angel

My favourite of the currently available Avon range, a stunningly lovely, individual scent that harks back to the days when Avon still cared about making perfumes with strong character.

Very peppery opening, it can be a little overwhelming at first so only a tiny bit needed! Soon the honey, plum and magnolia take over, it develops into an addictively gorgeous floral that just gets warmer as it goes on. It lasts incredibly long on me and is particularly good to wear on summer days. I never fail to get compliments when I wear it. One of the most memorable and beautiful fragrances I've worn, I just love it.

Rainmood
Rainmood

One of my favourites, unfortunately discontinued in my country (Moldova). I like it a lot though many of my friends find it too strong. It is really very strong this note of magnolia. And the bottle is gorgeous.Avon, please, we want this fragrance back.

Stripeland
Stripeland

I absolutely love this scent. Yes it is a bit Grandma like, but still I wear it almost every day.

Cee Cee Bee
Cee Cee Bee

I have had more positive comments about this perfume than any other I have ever worn. It smells gorgeous on me. I love it!

maid_marilyn
maid_marilyn

I’ve owned Rare Pearls for almost a year now, and every so often I give it another try in an attempt to figure out what it is I dislike about this perfume. Now, thanks to the notes listing above, I know what I don’t like: it’s that damn pepper note! I can forgive pepper in an oriental scent like Avon’s Tomorrow, but I just cannot get along with pepper when it’s in a flowery perfume like Today or Treselle or Rare Pearls. I agree with weswessa’s characterization of the pepper invading one’s nose; that’s a cute way of putting it, and it’s very apt.
Shame, really, because I can understand why others love Rare Pearls. The magnolia and plum are lovely and rich, and if they weren’t covered in pepper, I’d like them very much.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I finally figured out what this fragrance reminds me of. On me it smells like Ysatis that I wore in the 90's! Definitely not a quiet fragrance, but it's very lady-like, and I think my favorite part is the magnolia that comes through.

weswessa
weswessa

although unique and beautiful,the pepper in it invade my nose in an irritating way,but still anice one

katyas
katyas

I thought I would really like this perfume, but as it turns out the pepper and the plum seem to fight each other for which will dominate the scent. I don't DISlike it, but it isn't as good as I had hoped.

essija
essija

I loved this so much, yes it is strong and only older very confident women should wear this. So lovely just not on me. I smelled this on a lady and asked her what she was wearing and just had to have a bottle. Wish I could of pulled it off. It is packed with elegance and smells expensive, go Avon!!

F_A
F_A

For me it's the best Avon fragrance ever launched. It is so rich, with a lot of character. It is like an old wooden box where dried plums used to be stored time ago:) It is sweet, woody with a hints of flowers. Very nice fragrance indeed!

dolita
dolita

1st time when i tried it i liked it but after few days i began to feel headache after wearing it it's very strong at all

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

One of my Avon favourites. Rich Magnolia and plum, it last well and suits any occasion.

SleepyAVON
SleepyAVON

Very Very feminine and sweet! One of my favorites. Gets more compliments than very expensive perfumes!

crysna
crysna

love it love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonderfull perfume.

guest_rosie
guest_rosie

i have this perfume, and i love it. The only problem is it is too strong for everyday wear, but gorgeous for evening or special ocassions. The smell stays with you all night!

Rare Pearls by Avon 3.61 out of 5 based on 587 ratings and 147 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Rare Pearls fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Rare Pearls, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rare Pearls by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rare Pearls by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.