Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Soft Musk Avon for women

Soft Musk Avon for women
dislike

Soft Musk, on the market since the 80s, is an intimate and warm musk fragrance with additional notes of jasmine, rose, spices and vanilla. Sexy and deep, it is available as 50 ml EDT. Soft Musk was launched during the 1980's.

Musk Jasmine Rose Spices Vanille

Body Fantasies Signature Fresh White Musk

Soft Musk Fragrance Reviews

CarolinaRose
CarolinaRose

Jovan's Musk could be overpowering on me at times. It was one of those that had to be used sparingly. Avon's Soft Musk was a good alternative. The musk was not strong on me, in fact, it was a somewhat medicinal and cleaner smelling musk (if that was possible). Because Jovan's version would give Hubby a bad headache, I switched to Avon's version. The softer fragrance only lasted a few hours, and it did not take over the room I was in at the time.

mounen
mounen

I'm finding this very powdery, floral, light like a talc scent. I don't love it.

mishakal.lanfear
mishakal.lanfear

i does not fit on me,actually i hate it,it is so so heavy

mystica

I have a bottle circa 2005, so I guess it's vintage and not diluted.

A very classical perfume, so soft and feminine; and like all of my aged Avon bottles containing musk (Night Musk included) it has a slight aroma of *whiskey* which I like. I don't see any woods listed in the notes, but I believe, I've always smelled a slight dose of sandalwood in Soft Musk.

I've literally bathed in it before I progress to the next bottle bought in like 2009. I don't know if it will be a new purchase, I just want to actually use up some bottles in my journey.

This perfume reminds me of the days when I was a "soft musk" girl, just before I've found my first "one and only, ideal" perfume, Narcisso Rodrigues for Her back then...

lucylucia
lucylucia

I got this when it was first launched and I was an Avon Lady!! I loved this as it was so soft and powdery that I used to put some on my baby and toddlers.. For me it was a lovely baby scent and so easy to wear. Then when I stopped being an Avon Lady and my kids grew up this particular perfume was forgotten.. Only recently in the past 2 years I bought it again and started using it. although it has slightly changed being more diluted,and the bottle is now sleak and simple it still brings back all those baby memories.. I will always love this because of my kids!

wilma103smiley
wilma103smiley

I'm certain that Avon Soft Musk was launched in the 70s not the 80s. I remember being about 11 or 12 and scrounging the samples the Avon lady had given to all my mates' mums. This was my first signature scent. Not my cup of tea nowadays but still love to sniff it for old times' sake.

lizzie12
lizzie12

I'm going through a musk phase right now and have just received the 9ml purse concentrate. Soft musk yes, but so so so soft that I just about have to shove the rollette up my nostril to to catch a whiff. Of what I can smell, I love it, but come on Avon, please put some sillage back into your colognes and "concentrates". It's more spicy than Jovan. I love both, but until Avon puts some strength back into its fragrances, I will stick with Jovan. Or maybe try the Skin Softener, as these seem to have the sillage and longevity lacking in their colognes.

suzycurlyq
suzycurlyq

Soooo glad I bought this as I think this has been discontinued in th U.S. ...BUT Avon Night Magic Evening Musk is this one's twin!!!! So I can still enjoy it when this runs out!! Yay!

Musky perfection!

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

First impressions - sour talcum powder. Very cheap smelling to me. Sillage seems soft.

x_perfumecrazy_x
x_perfumecrazy_x

i like musk but this is like sour spicy musk. Not my kind of musk just isnt for me

Danira7
Danira7

Yes. Very definitely reformulated. Why do they do this? Can't they just keep making the original and up the price if need be, if the materials used to make the scent are getting more expensive?
Anybody want a bottle of the reformulated stuff? I won't wear it. I agree with whomever said it smells like baby wipes - that's what it smells like on me. Moving right along...

bluetulip
bluetulip

I have got a bottle of this because a friend of my mother was working for Avon and highly motivated me to buy an Avon perfume :) it is not bad. wearable.. musky fragrance for daily use.. Actually do not wear it very often.. It has very poor longevity..

basma gamal
basma gamal

first time i tried I really hated it was like old lady smell I all I detect was musk but after I smelt it again I truly deeply liked it , it is soft warm powdery vanilla rose musk feels like a soap not for summer nor spring sure but you will enjoy it in winter and autumn weather day and night very long lasting poor projection

icysdn
icysdn

I guess it is reformulated with cheaper ingredients. i remember it being a more sophisticated scent 6-7 years ago than the current one. while it was an old-school, elegant and "soft" scent, it is now bursting with powder. sadly, now it is just like baby powder and nothing else.

QueenieJo
QueenieJo

Takes me back to high school. Everyone wore this or Avon's Tasha. I remember it being one of the few Avon perfumes that didn't set off my asthma, along with Sweet Honesty and Moonwind.

Soft, gentle and powdery; but just "sexy" enough that the guys would notice. Avon needs to discontinue a lot of the sillage bombs they have out now and bring this one back!

And am I crazy thinking there was something called Moonwind? Maybe I don't remember the name correctly, but I sure do remember wearing it in the early 80's My Avon lady used to laugh, because even though it was a women's fragrance I was the only female she knew that wore it. Most of the buyers were men, who would say they were buying it for there wives, but really was for them.

pinkpuppy
pinkpuppy

One of the Classic Good Quality scents from AVON.
I wish I could find it again, because I would definitely stock up!
It brings back good memories on my high school and college days.
Very very comforting soft musk scent indeed!
Though its musk, its still so feminine.
For me, its sooo good, I can't stop smelling myself!
Definitely a 'Favorite'.

masalperest
masalperest

Always with me:) i like it since i was a teenager and still,25, one of my favorites.it's one of classics of avon for years,i love...soft,clear,warm and full of musk:)not long lasting and that's the only flaw.

stacey_nay
stacey_nay

I just have a little vial of this. I have a soft spot for Avon fragrances because they remind me of growing up in a little country town where even teenagers had Avon parties. Going through an Avon catalogue still gives me a jolly.

To me, this is a nice and simple sweet musk scent. I also catch hints of baby doll/My Little Pony plastic, which are not actually unpleasant, but certainly give somewhat of a synthetic vibe. Unforunately this does not last very long on my skin (around 1 hour) and the sillage is soft, so that I can only really smell it if I put my nose near my wrist.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

My daughter and I were cleaning out her room and found a small spray bottle of this. I bought it about two years ago. She tried it on and it is wonderful with her chemistry. I find her skin is a bit salty-scented and Avon Soft Musk smells heavenly on her. It is musky floral. So beautiful so I tried it on too and it was not good. It was flat and earthy like mud. The florals did not sing like it did for my daughter. I'm glad for her and will buy a larger bottle for her if it ever returns. Hopefully the new reformulated version will smell good on her too.

One spray on me:
Sillage: Skin scent which makes sense for this musky perfume
Longevity: about 3-4 hours
Rating: 2/5 on me but 5/5 on my daughter

Raven NessRavenous
Raven NessRavenous

Gifted to me on my ninth birthday in 1992, Avon Soft Musk was my first perfume. I loved it. It was so warm and soft. Something about it was also "churchy." I continued to receive Avon Soft Musk as a yearly birthday present from my aunt throughout elementary and junior high school. I remember my teachers coming to my desk to help me with school work and saying, "You smell nice." I was so excited when I saw that Avon was reissuing Soft Musk in star decanters. My mother-in-law bought me one of those Soft Musk star decanters in Christmas 2011. Sadly, it was not what I remembered. It was pure alcohol with no softness to it. Jovan Musk for Women concentrated spray is as close as I can get to soft musk, but it lacks the depth I experienced in Avon Soft Musk as a child.

PLUMPIE

Oh Soft Musk, what have they done to you. This must have recently undergone a reformulation since the last bottle I purchased just over a year ago, my latest bottle smells very alchoholic, is missing the rosy--ylang-ylang/vanilla notes and smells like baby wipe solution on me, infact it is more like Night Magic musk on me which is much too synthetic for me to pull off. A blast of isopropyl alcohol to baby wipes in a matter of seconds. They had better not reformulate Imari as that is my absolute Avon fave! I have moved onto Jovan as this just doesn't work on me anymore.

Silences
Silences

I just ordered this and found one of these floating around the office. Um, what was a I thinking ignoring this great little fragrance for years? Let's not even talk about the price which is crazy inexpensive, but it is flat out a pretty fragrance in a very understanted way. Pretty/understated/timeless/comfortable this will be a nice little addition to my collection. I think the last of them are getting scooped up so if you're a fan reach out to your rep now.

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

This was my first fragrance that I wore daily. I had the entire set, a gift from my mother. This is a perfectly nice perfume for a high school student to wear.

polkadot27
polkadot27

soft & gentle, a 'mumsy' fragrance. First spray starts off quite strong; a spicy muskiness, settles after 15 minutes into a powdery musk scent with prominent rose, which is lovely. I do detect jasmine sometimes in this although not too often. I don't detect any vanilla maybe its overpowered by the spices. It does remind me of baby powder now and again.
I do like it, but its just too safe for me. It's casual comforting and non offensive. Suitable for all ages despite being a favorite for middle aged women. I bought 2 bottles for £12 a few years ago, even though cheap i wouldn't buy this one again. For me it's too safe and too plain. Nice enough though.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

This is my fragrance for those days when I don't know what to wear or what I'm going to be doing. Its an everyday scent, suitable for all occasions. A soft and gentle musk, light, familiar, slightly powdery, subtle. There's a slight underlying floral hint, but its not a complex or mysterious fragrance, Its a gentle, comforting fragrance like getting a hug from an old friend.

ellina1984
ellina1984

Too much rose and powder, very reminiscdent of products actually used on babies. Not unpleasant, but I wouldn't like to smell like that.

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

Two words ===> BABY POWDER !

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

Gentle, inoffensive musk, more redolent of the fresh crisp sheets my mum pegged out on the washing line than post coital bliss sheets. I like my sheets fresh thankyou very much, so for me, this is a sweet little keeper. Stop being silly Avon. Get it in the "classics" list asap, along with Moonwind and Occur!

The name says it all - a soft musky floral without a lot of complex notes, but just works for some reason. Soft Musk was around forever before it suddenly got discontinued. I have a small bottle from the 1980's and a new one from the new limited edition star shaped bottles, and I was curious how similar they were so I wore each version on a different wrist. I think they are very close. Any changes are either quite subtle or imaginary. If anything, the newer Soft Musk is a tad more floral. This is a skin scent, simple and comforting, as many Avon scents are.

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

not nice at all
and no powdery notes what's so ever
this smells like a cheap imitation of chanel no 5 which I also dislike by the way
sooooooooo disappointed :(

HeidiLynn

Oh, what a sweet and well balanced musk! It is “musky”, and there is a lovely floral hint from the roses—in fact, this kind of reminds me of Marshmallow by MOR, but it is not as sweet and feathery-light as Marshmallow; Soft Musk is a little heartier, a tiny bit earthy (but not spicy, as some white musks are). If you (like me) have a growing collection of “the many faces of white musk”, this is a great addition. I could imagine wearing this in any season, on nearly any occasion. This is one of those unique fragrances with impressive sillage that will, at the same time, never be offensive or overwhelming. It is simple, but I don’t find it boring at all. I have the new holiday release, not a vintage; it’s from the star shaped dab-bottle. I hate the bottles, but I love when Avon re-releases these gems!

stillsinnend
stillsinnend

I have always loved musk as a dominant note or a basenote in perfumes. Floral Woody Musk is my favourite olfactive group. This said, I thought Soft Musk by Avon would be just right for me and I wasn't disappointed. Moreover, my expectations were even exceeded. This is by far the best musk I've ever tried. The flowers complete it in a wonderful way, making it sweet, rich and a tad sultry, while it remains airy, warm and cozy as you would expect.
The bath and body products from the Soft Musk line are a quality addition to the fragrance. They're also a necessity to prolong its projection as that is its one weak point, but I don't mind - I've never appreciated sillage and longetivity much.
If you like musk too, don't hesitate to try this one!

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

elizabethari, I was just going to ask if anyone remembered the Peach Soft Musk, or if it was just a figment of my imagination. ;) I hope they don't bring it back because if they do, they will surely ruin it, as they have all of their fragrances that they "bring back" (see reformulate).

juicysweet24
juicysweet24

I love wearing this in fall weather and my boyfriend loves this scent on me! I always stock up on it when Avon brings it back for that reason............:)

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

The only musk perfume which I loved ..I am not into musk much, more of a floral girl but this is one of the first Avon scents I had had back in the 90's when Avon came to my country ..Even the girl in the catalogue looked beautiful & chic ..I don't know why Avon keeps discontinuing such pretty & unique fragrances ...
Update : It seems my lucky day , I bought an old favourite & saw Soft Musk in Avon 's catalogue this month :)...Yes, it's coming back to my country ,but there's no offers for it this time ..A little bit pricey for a 50ml Avon fragrance ..but gonna get it when it goes under discount.
Update : Got a bottle from my great friend Rouu who is on this site as well , so amazing , great sillage and longevity , specially for Avon fragrances ..Still as beautiful as it is and I will get another one ;)

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I own two bottles of Soft Musk, an original from the 1980's and a newer one from the 1990's. The original from the 1980's is without a doubt the stronger formulation and has clearer notes in it. I get a sprinkling of all of the notes, a layering of florals, a hint of spices with a swoosh of warm vanilla enveloping it all in my original. They all blend easily enough to make a comforting scent that's not overbearing and gentle enough to wear for daytime use. The later rendition seems to be diluted and less strong in the florals and spices and more powdery to me, which is still a nice, comforting scent. Lasts surprisingly long, a few hours, and the sillage is good with two sprays of the older bottle. A nice winter or cooler night air scent for any gender.

elizabethari
elizabethari

This totally loses to it's discontinued flanker, Peach Soft Musk, which was one of my favorite fragrances. I would pay twice what it's worth if they would being it back!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Very nice musk that I still wear occasionally, a tad too much rose for me to really love it but still good enough to keep and wear, have worn it since I was a teen, so about 30 yrs..

cwolf

What are the chances that today a girl in the office who is a thrift store queen came in with an old bottle of avon perfume and didn't know what it was.
I took one sniff and knew straight away it was Soft Musk. Its a vintage 1980's bottle. My gosh, these two are VERY different.
The modern incarnation is very weak in comparison and the musk smells very synthetic. More like a body spray strength, quite weak with quite poor sillage. It is quite pink, fluffy and largely inoffensive - except to my mother evidently. I do find it a bit boring to be honest. Jovan musk is a better modern choice. More wearable and less cheap smelling.

But the vintage version - a completely different fruit altogether... Oh my... Stunning, gorgeous sweetness. If you know Australian musk lollies - this is what it smells like. Sweet, ambery, romantic, womanly, the sweetness and the amber are like nothing I've ever smelt before. The Sillage is enormous and it smells... expensive, edible, ALMOST gourmand. Two hours after first spray and it is not relenting. It is, however, quite linear, but I am fine with that, I love all the notes. So beautifully well blended.
Really worth hunting for a vintage one! This I would trawl through ebay for hours, I wouldn't bother with its reforumlated version.

cwolf

I bought this one 5 years ago and really liked it. I wore it around my mum who almost started wretching asking who was wearing that horrible perfume - thanks ma. She told me to wash it off as soon as we got out of the car and made me promise to throw it out. Never had such a strong negative reaction before! Funnily enough I never wore it again.

Ingrids
Ingrids

Very powdery fragance, absolutely my type. It´s not made for everybody, though.
Love its classy aroma and long lasting power for a very low cost! :)

ailimeavolokin
ailimeavolokin

Very nice, calm, soft, clean, expensive- smelling.

Jyllian

also i must ask,,if they did bring it back, does it smell the same as it does in the 80s or 90s?

Jyllian

wow, did they bring Avon Soft Musk back????I thought it was discontinued..If they brought it back that is great!!! I have been wanting it..i better call an avon rep..

umtaleb
umtaleb

Calm and comforting, much better indeed than both Body Shop's White Musk and the screeching banshee Jovan Musk. Warmer than Jovan White Musk, imagine roses in place of white flower.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I personally don't wear fragrances that have "musk" in the name, because quite often they trigger a migraine headache. However, my Mom loved this scent and wore it in the 1980's and until it was discontinued (sadly she is deceased and hence cannot enjoy Soft Musk now that it is back, and apparently smells the same).
I actually liked smelling it on her, and it did not give me a headache. Mom was also not a "musk person", but my sister, who was selling Avon at the time, gave her a bottle for Mother's Day because Mom had liked a sample of it. Then she wore it all the time. Dad loved the way she smelled when she wore Avon Soft Musk.
It must be the softer notes that make this different from some of the headache musks lol.
I noticed that a Russian lady said it reminded her of a Polish scent they have in Europe. Well, that might explain why Mom loved it, because my maternal Grandmother was born in Poland and my maternal Grandfather was born in Vilnius back when that was owned by Russia. Some relative, one of the Aunts or something (Granny only wore Coty Muguet), must have worn that Polish scent when Mom was a child.
UPDATE: A dear friend just gave me a 1/3 full bottle of Avon Soft Musk!!!!! She switched to Rare Pearls and said I should have the Soft Musk because my Mom loved it so much and I would feel close to Mom when I wore it.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I saw Soft Musk on offer in a recent Avon brochure here in England and was amazed at how cheap it was (£3.99 for a 50ml / 1.7oz bottle - approx $6.00!). I haven't worn a musk perfume since I was a pre-teen and in my early teens so I was a bit hesitant at first in case it made me feel quite so young and immature again! Having read the good reviews for it here though I decided to give it a shot and because the price was so insanely cheap I decided to get 2 bottles and two of the matching talcs as well!

Well, they arrived today and I'm SO happy I got them! It's a really lovely perfume and pretty much as described by a lot of the reviews here - it's soft, powdery, clean and cuddly. It smells the way it feels to snuggle up in a soft cashmere sweater (maybe with a nice hot water bottle for extra warmth!), settling down on the sofa with a steaming mug of hot chocolate, some yummy snacks to hand and watching a girly flick such as Steel Magnolias ..... VERY nice indeed!

Despite it's soft cuddliness, I spritzed it on once this morning and it's now almost 5pm (about 7 hours later!) and it hasn't faded yet. Amazing!

It's an ideal anytime, anywhere kind of perfume and, even though I don't normally specifically wear perfumes to bed, I think it definitely would be nice to spritz on after a shower, and just before bed, as it is so soft, comforting and not overwhelming at all.

So, hopefully this hasn't been discontinued by Avon here in (very chilly right now!) England and they will continue to sell it, and hopefully at the nice cheap price I got my 2 bottles for! What a bargain!!

I have to say Soft Musk is one of the best Avon perfumes I've smelled and, contrary to what one reviewer here has said, I think it's actually much better, and more likeable, than Pur Blanca, which I've never been keen on because it smells cold and very unsexy to me! Also, contrary to what some other reviewers oin here have said, it doesn't smell cheap at all to me. I actually think it smells subtle and classy, and more expensive than some of the horrible smelling expensive perfumes I've smelled and / or tried! Just because it may not be the most complex perfume, with countless different notes in, does not mean it smells cheap in the slightest. Sometimes simple is best!

Big thumbs up for Soft Musk from me!! :-)

Scarlett2709
Scarlett2709

This reminds me of cuddling my Mam and Nan when I was a teenager - I'm now 42. I thought it had been discontinued so was pleasantly surprised to see it on offer in a recent Avon brochure. Curiosity about whether it would smell the same, and a great price, prompted my purchase. Now normally I'm a bit of a perfume snob - Dior, Mugler, YSL and the like and I adore heavier, oriental or gourmand scents but after the first waft of Soft Musk, I fell back in love with its soft allure. It's a smell that makes me feel like snuggling into a warm fluffy jumper. The first phase has a slightly sharp edge from the Jasmine I think, the middle phase develops into a sensuous powdery softness of the deeper musk notes and blowsy roses with a hint of vanilla. This is when I keep sniffing myself! The final phase is a subtle, gentle concoction that transports me to a place of warmth and comfort. I think Soft Musk has the ability to appeal to ANY age of woman. I may be sniffing myself for some time!!

BlueKitten
BlueKitten

I have smelled musk in all of its possible combinations and I have to say, please, NO MORE! apart that... reminds me of Johnson's baby shampoo. I didn't like it.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Oh no !!

I have just read several reviews below, saying that Soft Musk may be discontinued? If so thats a real shame. Ive only just discovered it in autumn 2012 ( in the UK avon cat , so maybe its just discont'd in some countries) and Im very pleased with it.

I agree with the comms that it is a perfect "cosy" soft scent that goes with the furry/fluffy winter wear !! i also wear it in bed , very soft and soothing smell. Not too overpowering , I have been reaching for this one a lot while suffering with the flu as my other scents would be too heavy and SM makes me feel clean , calm and cocooned in soft powdery goodness !

I shall have to ask my Avon rep the offical status of SM in the UK. . . if indeed it is on the way out , i will be stocking up off ebay while its still going cheap.

It's good to see all these positive reviews for this classic perfume staple. Its just as good - if not better - than expensive designer scents of the same type.

Caledonian77
Caledonian77

This perfume has all my favourite key notes in it from Rose, Vanilla & Musk & very feminine indeed. It's a very calming scent & enjoyable to wear due to the powdery musk which makes it an ideal skin scent. I find a lot of perfumes over powering but Soft Musk for me is nose friendly and doesn't cause me any headache's. Clean & fresh and with the talc and skin softener i find layering is fun, it rubs off on your clothes so you can't help but feel all snug especially in this cold weather. Great Value & a priceless classic but so underrated which is a shame as it's a good quality fragrance that smells pretty & soft.

HeidiLynn

Just spotted this in my Avon catalog--looks like it's back for Christmas, in a pretty star shaped bottle (along with Perceive, Rare Rubies and Peony Soft Musk). I like musks, so I may invest in a bottle--$10!

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

I have been wearing this off and on since the 80`s. One of the few Avon scents I have really liked. I have received quite a bit of compliments ( from men, especially) when I wear this. I , like another member, also have layered this with the old staple- Jovan Musk, also with Victoria`s Secret Vanilla Lace body spray. ( As well, I have paired the Jovan Musks with Vanilla Lace) The latter, I prefer. I feel soft, inviting, non-intrusive, not too sweet, not too musky. Delicious and comfy cozy. Perfect for fall, and winter , goes well with the furries and the fluffies of the season. It`s too bad it has been discontinued, but I will pick up an unopened bottle online, or my sister will find one and present me with it.

kitten_purry
kitten_purry

I love it so much and pur blanca of course, i dont really like avon's most perfumes but this one is very elegant musk for me..

But i suprised with bottle pic in here, maybe this is an old bottle but i ve 2 soft musk and never look like this ugly one.. Pretty powder bottle..

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

My mother smells lovely in this simple and comforting fragrance.

To my nose, it is almost a powdery rendition of Jovan Musk for women.

When layered with Jovan Musk Oil, the fragrance gains longevity and depth.

I love the powder here. Really, it is a beautiful scent for the price!

Mollydelovely
Mollydelovely

Very easy to wear and purse friendly too! I find that the scent lasts longer when layered with the Soft Musk powder by Avon.

tammybc1
tammybc1

If your trying this product for the first, its really old and theres no way it still smells like it did when bought new! I love this musk and have never found another that even comes close to it. Wish Avon would bring it back!

debush
debush

I really love this !

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

This is a nice soft smell quite like body shop white musk. Its pretty, but i think dated. I bought it for my boyfriends granny this year on her birthday, she seemed to like it alot. A clean scent.

chain
chain

I love it it reminds me of Johnson Baby powder and sometimes of Chloe love....A lot better than The body shop White musk.....

khonehsabz
khonehsabz

nice smell .that is great reminder for me

PLUMPIE

This is a true skin musk scent, less soapy than Jovan and more powdery and less chemical/metallic than the Body Shops white musk. A great lay round the house/active weekend scent or when all other fragrances are causing you a headache or just not sitting right. This is unoffensive but clean and fresh and always works. Lasting power isn't amazing but it is a cologne and cheap as chips. Layer with the powder/lotions/sprays as they are dirt cheap and just as lovely while adding some stability to the fragrance. I have to have at least a body spray or purse size of this at all times. It is the ultimate summer fragrance when it's too hot to want to wear any other fragrance.

fishmerised
fishmerised

I loved this best when it came in a little pot of creme, it really was a delicate soft musk. The cologne spray is stronger but still good.

jereviens
jereviens

I wore this as a Teenager and it is still available from Avon (Australia 18/04/12 - in current catalogue). It's soft & musky. It's uncomplicated and really I don't think it's a very sophisticated scent. It's for young girls, teenagers, or atleast ones who wish to be reminded of being one once again. It takes me back to the 80's - the days of high hair & big shoulder pads. Yes, it's best left behind for me ... lol

Jellybean
Jellybean

Just ordered a purse size and what a disappointment:(
I wondered if this was the right stuff ( after reading many of reviewers talk about being soft and musky but I find it completely opposite).
Strong oldie powdery and synthetic perfume.
I find this too strong and cloying, and it reminds me of women smelling unbearably strong from an ancient era.
L'air du Temps twin sister?
Typical of many oldie perfumes that smells like too many things that crawl up into nostrils and it cannot be escaped.

I can see someone for their time wearing this and smelling right, but that someone ain't gonna be me.

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

I have worn this since it was first released. I always kept a little inventory of cologne, powder, perfumed skin softener. One day I ran out and found out it had been discontinued. I am so disappointed. I hope they bring it back. It is similar to Jovan Musk for Women except I find Jovan's to be colder and cloying on my skin. Avon Soft Musk is warmer, deeper and softer. It really melds with my skin

lianapet
lianapet

I have been wearing this parfume for so long I can't remember a time when I didn't have it on. It has become a part of my identity if fits my personality..i's not sweet, too flowery or too overpowerting. I prefer the nice light woodsy smell. People have identified me with this smell for well over a decade. I want it back!!!

I am saddenend Avon has discontinued it, and have already appealed for its return.

Reo
Reo

I think it smells nice. [2]

keakea
keakea

I think it smells nice.

miz.deborah
miz.deborah

it classic..he buy for me..he is the fist man that buy perfume for me...first time i use it..it smell nothing but when the second time...it smell something ...it soft ..... and tender ... love it ...

townsed
townsed

i don't understand know how anyone can hate this perfume it is so soft and lovely on a summer day keep you cool, lovely for bedtime, nice at the office...try the hold range,from shower gel, talc power, skin softer and roll-on.

Natalie05
Natalie05

Very soft and lovely!

I.I
I.I

My mother has this perfume and - to me- is anything else than a soft musk! It's a thick, 'watery' musk that brings me nausia after some minutes.
Very flat and 'basic' structure perfume.
Sorry, I don't like it.

Par
Par

I heard many good comments on this perfume from a friend. Was really excited to try it out. But before buying it, i asked my friend to bring her perfume for me. Let me tell u that i was VERY VERY VERY disappointed after smelling it. It smells like incense, sth which i dnt like to smell! Also smell like a baby cologne. No lasting power at all, it smells like powder after 5 minutes! I do NOT recommend it if u are looking for a good quality perfume which has long lasting power

bobkat
bobkat

As it's name suggests, this really is a soft musk- no harshness or chemical smell to me. It is a warm snuggly scent- yes, sexy but in a girl next door non-threatening way! I love to wear this when I put my fuzzy PJ's on in an evening- fresh from a hot bath- and I love the way it lingers on the PJ's so I can enjoy the base notes the next morning when I get out of bed!
I know Avon comes under fire from the fragrance enthusiasts, but for me, you like what you like- and I like this as much as I like my Guerlain, YSL and L'Occitane fragrances.

hapa
hapa

I love a nice, warm non-fruity musk. It is close to one's skin with the slight animalistic and primal smell. It shouldn't be cloying but comforting. Ideally musk is what we probably think we should smell like when we perspire. Avon's Soft Musk is perfect for everyday wear. Tom Ford's Urban Musk is very sexy and not appropriate for work or anywhere else where a conservative approach to fragrance is required. I think it is great for night and if you are brave, you can wear it during the day. Soft Musk is a perfect alternative to Urban Musk.

Now, I know Avon and Tom Ford are polar opposites but they've both formulated a perfect musk. Soft Musk starts off with very obvious yang ylang that overpowers the musk but this note fades quickly. The rose, vanilla and Jasmine ever so slightly soften the primal musk and make it feminine. One is left with a feminine musk appropriate for work and casual occasions. One can add Urban Musk without it clashing. In comparison to Kiehl's Musk Oil I think this is a great alternative. I love the Kiehls musk oil but not the spray. Soft Musk is exactly what I want in a musk during the day.

derkargy
derkargy

Far better than The Body Shop's White Musk.

RadwaElshami
RadwaElshami

Just got that one, it smells like musk as I have always known it, not special thus. I have the body cream, shimmering powder and now the perfume. I smell a pure musk with alcohol.

whiten
whiten

I'm finally getting it I hope it is beautifull as the name suggests. I'll post my opinion in 2 weeks when I have the perfumeD:

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I like this, it smells very much like Jovan Musk but has a slightly fresher more floral feel to it, which I prefer. It feels clean and comfortable, very nice for the price!

mystica

This is a good old classic from Avon which is not subjected to reformulation.

It's comforting, light, and as the name suggests, soft. It has a surprisingly good sillage. Good to combine with the body cream.

Soft Musk also reminds me of old days. I wear this occasionally when I like to feel particularly younger.

pw
pw

beautiful smell reminds me of the past

Siv55
Siv55

Asked for this when I was twelve and got it for christmas. It's all warm and furry like snuggling in bed with the cat. I get quite a sticky synthetic musk from this, which if you spray it and breathe it in by accident, you can feel coat the inside of your mouth. But I get the same thing from Nu by YSL and I like that too.
Easily recognized, don't think the formula has changed? Don't really want to be reminded of being twelve but a fresh unjaded nose ought to like this. What's not to like?
Soft spicy musk, rose, jasmine and vanilla. Lasts very well for the price.

karmas
karmas

I was excited to get this because I was looking for something that I could wear in the day to so to school, the grocery store, w/e. When i opened the box and saw the bottle I thought it was very simple but nice, however when I sprayed a bit on my wrist I was taken aback by how weird it was. It smells strongly of deodorant and baby powder but has a slightly urinlike smell. I decided that maybe it was just the beginning and it might change into something nicer, but it didn't it just gave me a headache and I now have a perfume I am disgusted with. I will probably be the grinch and give it away to some poor unsuspecting family member for xmas, lets hope they like it more than I do, because its pretty bad, and cheap smelling.

[email protected]
New@thisperfumething

I love this stuff! It smells like a fairy tale- maybe Sleeping Beauty. It is soft, powdery, and romantic. I love to wear it to bed. Like so many others this was one of my first perfumes given to me by my mother. I'm in my late 20's now and I still love it. It's a classic.

me2nour
me2nour

I couldn't stand myself after trying this one,, it's awful... smells like johnson baby talc but stronger

this is my everyday signature scent. my go - to perfume. been wearing this musk for years. my favorite out of all musks. very soft and comforting. next in line would be jovan. i always stay with this one tho. the dry down is so sensous and warm, not hot tho. it just smells so good.

Cecille
Cecille

A soft powdery musk. Very unintrusive. Every so often I get a whiff of this fragrance on someone else and it reminds me how much I like it. I wear it for a few days, loving it, and then I lose interest and go on to something else. What makes it unintrusive also makes it easy to let go of.

Eleiria
Eleiria

I used to like this fragrance years ago, when my aunt used it. It had such a romantic air that would suddenly get you daydreaming. I couldn't help but sniffing my aunt's bottle. Then one day I got it for myself. But I put it on three times at most before I gave it to my mother. I don't know why but it felt way too romantic and feminine and the dry down became sweat-like and cloying that I just couldn't bear it at the time. All I can say about it now is that: It's. Just. Musk -surprising, isn't it :) Just powder and musk... Its lasting power is medium by the way.

TankGirl
TankGirl

This baby arrived todIay at my house and I'm impressed. This smell reminds me of someting related with my childhood but I cant remember what. Probably somebodys house. I think its lovely, soapy, a perfect skin scent, it will be my bed time perfume. It opens with a white musk and jasmine note, but after a while I can smell the rose the woods and in the end the vanilla. Its quind of a talc powder scent, but beautifull and soft...I love it, its the perfect scent for a new mum too.
Sexy in a certain way, it reminds me of the skin of a woman after making love. Its amazing 5*
Update: It can be a little bit boring because its linear. I love the smell of it on my hair (the mix with m honey shapoo its really nice), but on my skin I can only smell the white musk, the jasmine, rose and vanilla notes were gonne sudenly

Malegria
Malegria

Wow! so unexpected!
At first it reminded me of an old Polish perfume that was very popular in Russia when my Mum was a young lady - it was called May be, smelled nice and non pretentious, but lasted very little.
Soft Musk is a more intense version of this nostalgic scent, and also more complicated and powdery.Classic, powdery but not overly so, and utterly lovely.Sweet, gentle musk combined with some resinous notes with an old fashioned rose and intense jasmine in the background. Lasts forever, costs little and it is one of the most pleasant latest finds of mine.

arg1971
arg1971

This is a oldie of Avon that has been around for a long time. Another teen love story for me very sweet smelling

cisco
cisco

This is a lovely fragrance and smells exactly like its name Soft Musk. It has good sillage and lasts four to five hours on me. It is blended very well.

The longer I wear it, the better I like it. It smells really, really good. Such a deal! I like it so much I just ordered the body lotion from eBay.

Scent-a-holic
Scent-a-holic

I love Soft Musk by Avon!! I started using this when I was like 12 or 13 it was one of my very first perfumes. Recently I bought a few bottles on sale at Avon and it's actually better then before to me!! I use it as an upper body spray and perfume. So deep and musky true with just alot of depth great for true musk lovers like me!

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

Faithful wearer for years..I love this, it is so soft and musky and fresh like i like it.

applemint
applemint

It was my signature scent in my highschool years in Europe...and I didn't even know it :) ..it was packaged and named differently.
I also remember it being a stronger scent, but it's still lovely. A warm comfort scent, refined as opposed to notes screaming. It's not a vanilla scent, not sweet, not dry, it has a dark dynamism to it.

laurenmf27
laurenmf27

Very warm and comforting. Powdery, but not "old".

smells like lovemaking on a hot summer night or fall evening that's how i smell it

best very best from avon smells young sexy beautiful my new favorite

marinadina
marinadina

best one for me from Avon,, such a comfy perfume, you just end up smelling yourself like mad!!!!! cant find it very easily anymore,, although i have not asked a rep from my country, just looking on the net!!! great,, the vanilla in it sooo different!!

delphine67
delphine67

lovely perfume. Not overpowering but very comfy to wear. Its a classic for me. very soft and powdery musk.