Designers » A » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Step into Sexy Avon for women

Step into Sexy Avon for women
dislike

Step into Sexy Avon for women Pictures

The face of the fragrance is Christy Turlington Burns, who presented the fragrance yesterday at the launching event in New York. Avon announced a $10,000 donation to Christy Turlington Burns’s charity, Every Mother Counts.

Top: Black raspberry, freesia, violet leaf

Heart: Rosewood, violet, butterfly orchid

Base: Cashmeran, orris root, ambergris Step into Sexy was launched in 2011.

Freesia Violet Leaf Raspberry

Nativa SPA Violeta Senses

Step into Sexy Fragrance Reviews

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

The worse female frangrace I smelled in my whole life!

A cheap cliché

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

For me, it is more " step into ... Nothing !" It smells nothing exempt a slight odor of powder. Very disapointed... I have the perfume AND the sparkling cream ... If someone IS interested...

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I had originally tried this at a neighbor's home and enjoyed it so much that I turned around and purchased it because the scent was that good. Longevity isn't, but since Step Into Sexy can usually be found at a good price on sale and you can re-spray often, it's a trade-off.
I'm not sure that Step Into Sexy is really sexy at all. It's more of a comfort scent to me. A hug-type, wrap around you, big over-sized sweater in the winter-type fragrance, altho I'm sure I'll wear it year 'round.
Initial notes remind me of fresh watermelon for a short, short while, then tone down to a warm, ambery feel. There's a hint of violet earthiness if you put your nose close to your skin that warms this perfume nicely along with a hint of iris. Cashmeran lends subtle muskiness along with a woodsy feel.
I seem to get polar opposites from this perfume depending on when I wear it. Images of turtlenecks and peacoats with scarves wrapped around on a brisk day, yet I can also feel the warmth of the summer sun while I'm laying on a chaise lounge, under the blue skies watching a butterfly dance along the hedges. Go figure. It sits very closely and I cannot see it offending a soul. It might be better worn in the heat of the summer when your body warms this perfume to more intoxicating vibrancy. It's an excellent soothing night-time go-to-bed scent-your-pillows perfume. Step Into Sexy is a definite try before you buy.

Step into Sexy is fruity and tart, powdery, and mildly sweet. I can smell the raspberry, iris, and some blend of subtle woods and amber. I would have guessed there is plum in here, as it has that sort of deep, almost fizzy fruitiness about it. Maybe it’s the color. This smells purple somehow. I agree with other reviewers who say this very light. Despite layering and heavier than usual application, this fades within a couple of hours. Pretty scent though.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I only have the sample vial and used half of it on me this morning..

I really like it but it's way too light for me.. I prefer strong heavy orientals..

I would call it more of a fruity floral,(raspberry & freesia) with just a touch of woody & amber, nothing overly sweet or sugary. It lasted over 3hrs but sat very close to the skin only.

I would purchase a bottle if it was stronger with better sillage

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

An oh-so-sweet Fragrantican gave me a purse size bottle of this scent, which arrived today. I have been happily testing away!

I'm pleased to announce that I could identify at least 3 of the notes, before checking here at Fragrantica. This is probably a first with me, as I am either too quick to check or too dense to guess correctly!

The violet, violet leaf, iris, and wood come through clearly, though I would have assumed the berry note to be citrus of some kind. It is not too sweet, and even somewhat refreshing in this summer heat.

A fragrance that this reminds me of would be Violet Eyes, which is a brighter and less sweet rendition of Step into Sexy, IMHO. ( Violet Eyes lacks the soft amber but adds a sparkly peach note. )

Frankly, I would welcome a touch of patchouli to give this pleasant scent a bit more longevity and "oomph", as it is a very light scent on my skin. All the same, an eminently wearable Avon when compared to some of their other newish releases!

caitrun
caitrun

I had low expectations for this fragrance. I spritzed it on and immediately liked the scent. As soon as the perfume settled onto my skin I was reminded of Miss Dior Cherie and Coco Mademoiselle. This perfume is a dead ringer for these fragrances. It smells high end and glorious!!

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

The bottle is beautiful. The fragrance is very pleasant. It really doesn't last for very long, though. How unfortunate.
I don't really think it is aptly named, though. It is more 'Tiptoe into Pretty'. Probably the best Avon scent I have smelled, most of them just smell like air fresheners used in public washrooms.
Such a shame it doesn't last.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

I love the top notes. Then it becomes kind of a jumbled mess, then goes away.
AVON please! You have all the resources to put out great fragrances, put some quality back in them!!

cheryldb
cheryldb

This is not one of my top Avon picks. I like the shape and heft of the bottle, and the scent is....nice. Definately not what I would consider "sexy." I agree with the reviewer who termed it a body spray rather than a perfume. Overall, I don't think this one merits another purchase from me.

Edited to add (because I failed to read the disclosure before I posted): I sell Avon.

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

the name of this scent... really just doesn't match the fragrance at all. this reminds me so much of a beautiful single-note freesia scent i had, circa 1994, and i haven't found another freesia scent that was as beautiful as that one... until this. it is a lovely, soft, freesia on a gentle bed of creamy oriental woods. i've had it on for about an hour now and i really like it.

eta: please don't spray this 4+ times, there's no need to choke people in the next county! a single schpritz on my arm, and i can still smell this lovely scent 12+ hours later. it lasts as long as any perfume in this price range, an easy 4-6 hours.

remember that your nose becomes acclimated to things, so you won't be able to smell it, but everyone else around you still can!

ggkeller
ggkeller

Smells great, dosn't last long enough.Wich is a shame cus I really wanted to love this one more. It stayed on for 20 minuets. The lotion added 10 minuets.

tamstar
tamstar

agreed, doesnt last long so i spray A LOT but does smell good

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

Ok, but common scent, poor drydown, doesn't last long. I bought it and anoher to help a friend's business, but not again. At least, the perfume and bottle top are my favorite color.

Diana Lloris
Diana Lloris

It's time to start making perfumes that last, Avon, but this is nice. I like it. It does not last very long - 2-3 hours tops. Very nice scent. Wish it would last longer. On another note, men seem to be liking the scent on their women!

GinaVitiello
GinaVitiello

It smells ok, it doesn't last long tho. I have to carry it around and reapply every couple of hours.

Gothmom1303
Gothmom1303

Love the smell, but it does not last long at all on my skin, a little longer on my clothes.

virginia.pavez
virginia.pavez

Flores y ambar, una exquisita combinación. Esta fragancia es sensual, envolvente, elegante y seductora, apta para mujeres de toda edad. Me encanta su aroma, tiene buena fijación y se acomoda tanto para el día como para una salida nocturna. Su precio es bastante conveniente, una buena adquisición.

Flowers and amber, an exquisite comination. This fragrance is sensual, enveloping, elegant and seductive, suitable for women of all ages. I love the aroma, has a good setting and accommodates both day to a night out. The price is quite convenient, a good buy.

thissitesucks
thissitesucks

I got this perfume for Christmas, and was completely disappointed in it. The most overbearing scent is just powder. It smells extrememly powdery; reminds me of how my grandma always smells. I couldn't wear it, it felt like I was covered scented in baby powder.

StarMagix

This really does smell nice upon first application. My only regret is, it does not last longer than a half of an hour on my skin. I just wish that when Avon did come out with a great new scent, they would make it last long enough to afford bothering with it. Nothing like leaving one's house thinking we smell all nice to discover an hour down the road, we have hardly any scent at all! I have the the lotion too and I have tried layering it to see if the smell last any longer, but no, it is about the same. I want this lovely fragrance! I want this lovely fragrance in a formula that last and last, not in a less than average body spray labeled parfum!

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

To me this is very unisex. I get more of a woody scent. I do not consider this super feminine. It's not a bad scent. It is a well done combination, but it can be worn by men as well, since the flowers don't overpower this perfume.

Goes on melon and fruit with modern florals, but dries down very same-y on me, like so many other florals from Avon. There is an undertone of creamy classy soap, like an expensive French Milled soap, but it's not enough to elevate this above "Pleasant." It's a perfect office frag or day scent, but it isn't really sexy on me. More fruity floral basic.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Raspberry Amber, floral, Violet. Yup, it's clear and distinctive. This is a very feminine fragrance, more on the cuddly cozy side. Like, curling up with someone after a long day giving a sniff on the neck and relaxing.
The Dry down, berry smell is more clear, and becomes a little sugary, but not obnoxiously so. Just smooooooth Velvety Amber. So girls, this is one damn sexy perfume, and a real Turn-on Fragrance, for me at least.

Lynda11
Lynda11

I tried a demo and I love the smell but will not buy because it doesn't last long on the skin.

biancaloren
biancaloren

YOu are right it doesnt last long. But I love it all the same. Unfortunately I burned thru the bottle so fast trying to keep the scent up! It is affordable perfume, at least half the price of the average higher drugstore stuff so I cant bitch too much.
This really would be extraordinarilpy AWESOME if it lasted. It be a keeper instead of another rung on my perfume ladder of life :)

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

This beautiful fume opens with dark berries and violet notes. The opening is sweet but slightly acidic due to the berry and fresh sharpness of the violet leaf. In the heart, the composition becomes smoother, warmer, and powdery with the violet and amber note being the most dominant. The dry down gave me just the powdery wood notes and beautiful, sparkling warm amber.

This is a unique perfume, and in this aspect, Avon has once again proved that it can promote a fragrance that isn’t exactly mainstream. However, unlike their signature classics like Timeless (an unforgettable, milestone chypre in my opinion!), Step Into Sexy fails in these 2 categories:

Projection: Very poor
Lasting Power: Very poor

This is my note to Avon executives if they are reading this: STOP TRYING TO MAKE MONEY BY DILUTING YOUR PERFUMES AND START MAKING PERFUMES THAT LAST. If this wonderful perfume lasted longer, I could have justified the money I paid for it. But I will not pay this kind of money for nothing more than a body spray with complex notes. Because at the end of the day noone can smell it. Not even me after 1 hour, even if I stick my nose against my skin, even if I layer it with the body lotion of the said perfume. So my dear Avon, you might have made a sale just this once, but you cannot make me purchase it again. See? You lost money right off the bat by your willful ignorance of your customers' desires and needs and added to your bad rep of selling your soul to the good ol' dollar.

Thank you, dear readers, for reading and forbearing my rant.

Added note: There's no musk in this. This fragrance should be listed as "Floral", not "Floral Woody Musk".

Perfumian Girl 7
Perfumian Girl 7

I just had my first dance tonight with a guy I like. I knew that this would be the perfect perfume to wear. It lasted for 2 1/2 hours. Not that long at all. But my crush did say I smell lovely. I think this is a nice top note of raspberry, violet leaf and freesia. I like it and recommend it. :)

StarMagix

I do like the first spraying of this fragrance but the dry down leaves a lot to be desired. Well....that and it has no lasting power on me! I spray it and it is gone in like an hour or even less time than that. I am not so surprised by the lasting ability though. I have been an Avon Rep. for most of my life (off & on & mostly on). I have noticed over the last 10 years that too many of the Avon fragrances have no lasting power at all. I am unsure what Avon is doing differently than they did back when smells such as Topaz, Persian Wood, Bird of Paradise, Charisma, etc were around but they sure need to go back to the day when an Avon fragrance not only smelled great but lasted all day and into the night! One more grip before I stop, I have noticed lately that no matter which fragrance I order, the bottle is never full! This one was no exception. If I am getting a 1.7oz. bottle for an expensive price, I want to see a full bottle, not a bottle with a good inch missing from the top! I hope Avon bosses are reading some of these reviews and fix these matters. I love being an Avon Rep. and I love a lot of Avon products, but it is embarrassing for us to have to try and explain matters such as these to customers when we ourselves do not understand the reasons!

Step into Sexy by Avon 3.50 out of 5 based on 59 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Step into Sexy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Step into Sexy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Step into Sexy by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Step into Sexy by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.