Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Surreal Avon for women
dislike

sour
Surreal Avon for women Pictures

It was designed by Yves Cassar in 1973. Surreal is a gorgeous mix of sweet berries, tropical flowers and rich red amber. It is available as 50ml (1.7 oz.) EDT.

Berry Fruits Red Amber

Surreal Fragrance Reviews

dolores flora davila
dolores flora davila

please bring it back

Maeva
Maeva

I'm with you, joan100 and lolitajade. 1973 can't have been the year Surreal was launched. I also think it must have been 2003, or even afterwards. This must have been one of Avon's emulations of best selling fragrances, specifically a "homage" to Cacharel's Beyond Paradise, which was coincidentally launched in 2003...

I liked this fragrance a lot. I don't care much for overly sweet fruity perfumes (and so soapy to top it off!) but I found Surreal simply lovely. I used to be addicted to it while it was available in my country (c.2005-2010). For me it was perfect both as an office scent and for nights out. It’s so sad that I took it for granted and never stocked up! Now I only have half a bottle and can only wear it on special occasions.

Reading your reviews, I think that maybe my perception of it is a little different. I don’t get the amber, and notice the lush floral notes much more than the fruity ones. I also get the aquatic accord that Sophielowa mentions in her review. It’s strange: aquatic fragrances are usually fresher and more dynamic, and can usually work as unisex scents, but this is hands down what we traditionally call a “feminine” scent, so dreamy and ethereal. Maybe it belongs to another category in the group of aquatic scents, for it evokes not the usual refreshing splash of cool water but a soothing, romantic, nocturnal summer breeze on a faraway island, with the scent of exotic blossoms filling the air.

lolitajade
lolitajade

I sold Avon since the eighties and I am sure this wasn't around then. I remember this coming out in the mid nineties at the earliest I am maybe thinking this is a misprint and it should read 1993 or even 2003.

When you click on the designer, he designed many perfumes from 2000. This is the only one that says and earlier date of 1973? Please check, as sure it should be 2003.

The notes are way too modern for 1973 and so is the bottle. Please can this be checked.

1973 would just see scents like Charisma, Sweet Honesty, Elegance and all the typically Avon smelling older scents surely????

Still, I remember it being fruity and warm but no particular wow factor.

joan100
joan100

This scent smells too modern to come out of 1973 if you know what I mean. Maybe Im wrong! Who knows?

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

usei muito..só que aqui no Brasil não tem mais

polkadot27
polkadot27

It's a love/hate type of perfume. When i first received it i loved it then a week later i would repel it and so on the cycle continued. I think it smells rather civet and orangery it has a burning glowing scent also, it is for a grown woman as there is nothing light or airy or girly about this fragrance it is bold and makes a statement. It is hard to describe the notes as i believe they continuously change all of the time along with ones skin chemistry.

BonniBrooke
BonniBrooke

Such a lovely scent. Surreal CANNOT offend even the most fussy people. Because this fragrance is so wearable and versatile, it has defaulted as my signature scent. I can't believe it says it was first made in 1973! I thought it was a new thing for sure somewhere around 2004. It really is such a cheerful day-time fruit I can't get sick of. The amber adds just the touch that keeps it from being strictly a young fruity scent and that's all it takes for me to feel comfortable integrating it in with work, casual dates, and weekends, etc. Love it.

horsewomanw/fire
horsewomanw/fire

I love this perfume my sister gave it to me and she uses it to and it smells wonderful. It reminds me or like a sweet sugary smell with a hint of somthing else that I just cant think of but I love the smell and I have been hugging my sister and when I do I smell her a little { Not in a stalkish way] But it is so amazing I would buy it any price any day

angie.waterman.1
angie.waterman.1

SURREAL - I just LOVE this perfume. It is my favorite. I fell in love with Surreal the very 1st time smelled it. It has been discontinued and I hate Avon for doing that. This is the 2nd time Avon has done this to me, 1st was Millenium. You cannot order it anywhere - except off eBay and Amazon. The prices they want are ridiculous. If anyone has bottles, used or new, contact me I would love to have it.
Surreal lasts on the skin all day, all night. It smells awesome. It is not overwhelming. My husband loves the scent too. I wish it would be brought back, I miss my perfume and dread having to find a replacement. FYI - I refuse to buy from Avon anymore - and this will only change if they bring my perfume back.

jylna

Willing to trade just message me

polarisking
polarisking

It is a hypnotic scent!, The first impression is a shock of black berry fruit and other berries. but intensely sweet and very nice. In the drydown it shows a heart of flowers that give a delicate touch and warm contrast to the first impression as frozen berries. The amber is well known and matches perfectly with the rest of the essences. The set is almost addictive, this is a perfume that Has Been around since 1973. There are more than one reason to explain this.

MoonEve
MoonEve

My all time favourite <3 Last through the night, I use it all year round. I feel like fairy princess in magic forest, especially on a night out :D

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Well..I had a bottle. It smelled fruity. That's all I have to say. Won't be buying it again.. Oh, well apparently it's discontinued. Thanks.

dovey
dovey

You know when u have a basket full of different types of berries then falls from ur hands and the berries fall bouncing on the floor all around u ? THAT'S EXACTLY how I feel everytime I smell this fragrance
Shower gel is a must have as well

CoriH
CoriH

From the first time i sprayed this on I knew it was for me. It mixed with my body chemistry incredibly producing a sweet warm sexy musky scent that I absolutely loved.

Otakustrawberry
Otakustrawberry

As fragrance often depends on the wearer as far as how it will smell when mixed with your own body chemicles, its hard to judge.

however on ME, it smells wonderful. Day or night. Its warm, seductive, and mysterious.

Its my favorite.

jylna

I have half of bottle of surreal if anyone wants it. just let me know

Anajuli
Anajuli

Sorry, but I find this scent so strange that I can't even describe it. Not my cup of tea at all.

i am using up my bottle of surreal and i probably won't reorder another. its been ok while its lasted, but i'm moving on. it is woodsy, kind of smells like grapes and sweet all at the same time. not real strong, but it dosen't last long after the dry down. i find myself applying this many times throughout the day. another good work perfume, it won't knock your co-workers out.

Faith17
Faith17

Floral and a bit on a sourish side. Very pleasant scent, especially for an every day use.

guest_delicious
guest_delicious

i love this perfume!!! it is the best. unfortunately this perfume is no longer available in south africa.........., it is such a pity!!!! i have an empty bottle that is seven years old and the bottle still smells very good

Blue Valentine
Blue Valentine

Woodsy and floral notes nicely harmonize in this light, unassuming and gentle fragrance. Although the scent of raspberries dominates the whole, it is not at all overwhelming. Patchouli, tonka bean and amber in the base add to the fragrance some distinctness, thanks to which it is not faint despite the floral supremacy in its pyramide. An every-day perfume for modest women.

guest_rosie
guest_rosie

I have recently fell in love with the smell of this perfume it is perfect for me ..
I have had many compliments when wairing surreal but I have herd that it is discontinued which I'm so sad about is this true???

raleigh

after reading the reviews on the delicious night fragrance, am not so sure i want to add it into the mix. but i buy small plastic bottles so i can have scented lotion in my purse. i always get a nice response when i decide to put on some hand lotion and it smells just delicious.

raleigh

I rather like it but. . .I bought the spray first because of the bottle. When I spray it on my wrist it is fading fast in 15 minutes. So I bought the shower gel, body lotion and talc to layer for longer last. Would you believe it, only the body lotion qualifies. So I'm going to get the DKNY Delicious Night and keep the body lotion handy.

sublimedoll
sublimedoll

I'm wearing my teseter of this today and I am still undecided. I'm going to go with "like" for now... It is floral, but has a twinge of something (at least in reaction with body chemistry) that I just can't put my finger on. I can't say that I want to buy a full bottle at this point, but I would definitely be up for testing it a few more times!

SophieIowa
SophieIowa

I like this one a lot. I'm not one to go for the fresh, fruity floral perfumes but this one is nice. It has an aquatic note that I am crazy about! The three words that come into my head when I smell this are sweet, sexy, and ocean. On my skin, I do not feel that this smells cheap, which is the complaint with many Avon fragrances. I would suggest spraying the scent lightly onto your clothes first before getting rid of it if it does not agree with your chemistry.

Diegof7
Diegof7

Saiu de linha no Brasil tinha um cheiro q lembrava bastante groselha mas eu não gostava muito dele !!

Szonja
Szonja

I think this is a cheaper version of the new fragrance DKNY Delicious Night (even if this was created earlier).
I like the bottle's electric colors.

barbiot35
barbiot35

I don't like fruity notes on a floral base but in Surreal they're getting good with the strong florals i think...

falovalo
falovalo

Well, I can't say I smell any notes in particular. It's a mash up, a bit messy even. It does have decent sillage and staying power.

On a side note, when I wore this my uncle said he smelled bug spray!

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Although fruity and woodsy, this fragrance had a dryness about it which I also detected in Treselle Seduction and Little Black Dress. Surreal is OK for daytime during spring, or just as something to wear while you're busy in the garden. Now discontinued in UK.

Apparently it was designed in 1973. I remember it's launch in UK around 2003. Odd...??

Alexey
Alexey

I hated it... the scent of raspberries was so strong, it was dreadful.

megaoi
megaoi

Nice scent. Bought it with Crystal Aura from a guy I worked with; it's a good day scent that's not crazy or overpowering. I recommend it to people who like a cleaner but not bland/boring scent.

dolita
dolita

its good one but it turns to jasmine after 30 minutes and i don't like this scent but most people like it but i'm in love with the bottle its very attractive

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

love the amber and berry notes in this fragrance! I smell an underlying smokiness too that I can't quite distinguish. Like it!

crysna
crysna

smells softer and sweet taste! great 4 daytime fragrance u will love it!!!!

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

interesting fragrance. it took me awhile to get to like it, as it seemed a bit plastic to me at the beginning. it has nice purple fruity notes at the begining which with development become warmer and sweeter.

i like it. a nice daytime fragrance.

Surreal by Avon 3.60 out of 5 based on 190 ratings and 38 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Surreal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Surreal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Surreal by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Surreal by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.