Designers » A » Floral Green « Groups

Surreal Garden Avon for women

Surreal Garden Avon for women
dislike

Surreal Garden Avon for women Pictures

Surreal Garden by Avon is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Surreal Garden was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Corinne Cachen. Top notes are freesia, lime, green leaves and pea; middle notes are jasmine, lady of the night flower, gardenia, hyacinth and water lily; base notes are patchouli, vetiver and musk.

Freesia Lime Green Leaves Pea

Jasmine Lady of the Night Flower Gardenia Hyacinth Water Lily

Patchouli Vetiver Musk

Shades
Twiggy

Surreal Garden Fragrance Reviews

Pope Jean
Pope Jean

Oh, I was so hoping for a green floral fragrance with this one, even some aquatic notes (the water lily) - all I get with this is melon notes - sweet, cucumber/cantaloupe, nothing floral or aquatic at all. Definitely nothing earthy or green. I don't pick up any of the notes listed at all. This was a big disappointment for me. Well, at least it was cheap!

socorrosouza
socorrosouza

This is a belatedly discovered gift from Avon.On me it resembles Hermés Calèche, the perfume that my late father used, and smelling SG on me is reliving the (unfortunately short) times when my father left with mother for parties and hugged me. SG starts on me with predominant lime and green notes with freesia softening and sweetening the mix. It gets a subtle floral undertone and becomes a bit sweeter as time passes but I can't feel the flowers individually, apart from the freesia. It dries down to a more earthy undertone courtesy of the vetiver and probably patch.It lasts for over 9 hours on me with a moderate and uniform sillage.Great and original (in these froutchouli times) scent can be worn by both sexes.Does not smell funny on high temperatures, can be used in summer , if spritzed with moderation.

amyh.swan
amyh.swan

I wear it everyday for school and I love it. It makes me think of a magical forest, a river on it and fairies and butterflies. A pleasant scent that makes me daydream.

Mysticalili
Mysticalili

Once I had the original Surreal (the one with purple bottle) and now I finally have the Garden version. Just loved it! Imagine a very very soft Cacharel's Eden and a very soft touch of daily green notes, lemon, jasmine, white flowers... It smells like a heavenly garden!

Labaloo
Labaloo

Tangerine peel, lemon peel, black pepper, pink pepper, melon, freesia, green tea, calone, lotus, white musk, vetiver.

Patchouli? Really?

Chypre? Hardly. This is more of a modern, "fresh floral" over a clean-and-light, laundry-musk base (with a hint of vetiver). A rather simple, unpretentious fragrance that would probably be nice-enough for warm-weather days. I must admit that the bottle as well as the name intrigued me enough to locate and try it, but I find myself underwhelmed now that I'm here. Don't get me wrong: I don't dislike it- I can see its appeal and respect its fan-base- but it doesn't really work for me as I'm not a big fan of this type of fragrance, and the only vision I am having is one of a pepper-sprinkled pond.

Ligia b
Ligia b

I was expecting for a green scent, an "earthy" kind of green, but i smelled a green diluted in water. It's not bad, but i was waiting for something more full-bodied.

agentj
agentj

My daughter requested a bottle of this (she's worn a lot of Avon scents). I tried it today and all I get is aquatic notes and floral. Not a specific flower, and absolutely zero patchouli. I love patchouli so was hoping for something interesting here. Oh well...I've not had any success with Avon so far.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

A strong, rainforest scent that unfortunately disagrees with my skin. I'm guessing it's the melon note.

fartico
fartico

Good fragrance for day to day.

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

amo..tão verde quando a embalagem..

Annete

@Maeva: Obrigada pela resposta! Não vejo a hora de experimentá-lo.

thalestv
thalestv

I love the green notes of this perfume, just perfect for day to day.

Maeva
Maeva

@Annette:
Parece-se, e muito! I think that Surreal Garden definitely "emulated" (let's put it that way...) Eden's tropical-aquatic-floral vibe.
Have you read Ouch!'s review below? I think he is very spot-on in his explanation of the differences and the similarities between them. One seems to be more in the tropics with Eden, as the floral notes are more invasive and exuberant, while Surreal Garden seems a little less exotic and harsh and more conventional, but still a real pleasure to smell.

Annete

Alguém sabe se esse perfume se parece com o Eden da Cacharel?

Annete

Does it smell like Cacharel's Eden?

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

I would describe this as a GREEN PATCHOULI...herbaceous and woodsy but not sweet.

This is lighter than most of my patchouli and spicy fragrances, but I still can't wear it in summer.

I gave about 1/2 the bottle to my mom, who loves it and wore it to work. Excellent silage on this one!

Tsukinohime
Tsukinohime

It's pretty ironic that Avon's best offerings are not the most popular ones, which is a reason why this gem is no longer in production now. Nevertheless, the fragrance truly lives up to its name! It's an intoxicating blend of greens with a watery background. More rainforest than a garden IMO. A bit heady so one or two sprays should do the trick. Longevity pretty decent for an otherwise cheap fragrance. On me it would last up to 5 hours on the skin and about 8 hours on my clothes. I managed to get myself 2 bottles of this before it was sadly discontinued. (D--m you Avon! XD)
It was by no means something I would wear every day (some people find it a bit overwhelming), but I definitely grab this one when I am feeling like putting on something more unique and mature. I do hope Avon would bring this back, together with the predeccesor Surreal. I never managed to try that one so it would be nice to finally have the chance to compare the two...

1Nat2Tasha
1Nat2Tasha

This is one of my all-time favourites :) I especially like it after it's been on my skin for a while; it becomes this gorgeous-smelling garden scent - BEAUTIFUL!

Ouch!
Ouch!

Ok so imagine Eden by Cacharel....take out all of the agression, the crazy hyper florals, the strange otherwordly smell that it gives you.

Now add some sweet water and some more calm florals and imagine it as a younger sister to Eden. THAT'S what this is!If you don't like that but want something more serene, this is it! For the record, I'm a huge fan of Eden hehe.

I think that this is probably one of the most beautiful and unusual perfumes I've smelled by Avon, I'm extremely impressed. Why is it gone?

A slight watermelon note keeps it fresh and cool smelling, and the florals in this compliment the perfume perfectly. It smells like literally being in a tropical greenhouse in the most perfect perfumed way.

During drydown..some other more unwelcome notes come forward which in my opinion kinda take away all of the lush beauty that was there before.

hmm...

It's turned slightly darker and muskier, it holds on to the florals but it's not nearly as pleasant as it was before.

Thankfully when it's fully dry it retains the pretty floral with the slight aquatic element. Thank goodness those awful notes didn't stay too long.

polarisking
polarisking

If you looking for pink floral or conventional do not wear it. Start with bright citrus and green notes, vetiver. When the citrus aroma gives way to the lotus flower, gardenia and freesia mostly, these are combined with patchouli so intense but captivating. Also clearly jasmine smell, right?. To me it is a green floral bouquet, watery and sharp. I imagine using it with intense colors of clothing(please do not wear brown with it). It is fresh and sweet, but not too casual. It´s really magnetic smell. If you like green aquatic and mysterious fragrances can be your favorite. Uncommon, you can feeling like a sexy fairy of the Amazon rainforest for a while...

FleurDefendue
FleurDefendue

I agree with the poster below; it is nothing like Cabotine (which I also despise).

I have tried to find a dupe of this one to no avail. Although I find it semi-indescribable, the name of the scent is apt. It wears clean, fresh and woodsy on me w/ an uplifting touch of white florals. There's definitely something a little heady/intoxicating about this one for me.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

To answer the lady below , I dislike Cabotine intensely , but i loved Surreal Garden when i could still buy it !

I miss Surreal and Surreal Garden :)

Cabotine is foul !

LenaBrasil
LenaBrasil

Does it smell any similarly to Cabotine by any chance?

dmaw
dmaw

An excellent green scent!

MayaraFariasM
MayaraFariasM

É bem gostosinho, fresquinho, e tem um significado especial, me lembra minha melhor amiga :)

Fragaria
Fragaria

I've worn this a few times but have been careful because of reviews and sometimes you yourself will think a perfume smells good on you when it doesn't. I have found through numerous testings, it's clean, fresh, and very versatile. This can be worn anywhere, anytime, with the exception of damp or rainy weather. It's one of those scents that you can always just pick up and not question if it's right or wrong for the occasion, well, unless a storm blows up! I don't know why this makes me cringe when it's damp, but it does. I don't get any melon really, which might make this not enjoyable to me. I think being that it's NOT sweet at all is why I am so drawn to this. I love sweet scents but this captures my attention more so! It's an odd little alien on my dresser that gets R E S P E C T!

Cristina Mota
Cristina Mota

Logo quando comprei gostava muito, mas com o tempo passei a achá-lo enjoativo. Passei para minha mãe e gosto do cheiro dele nela.

joesycatt
joesycatt

Sorry to have to post a negative review, but...this one's not for me. I had high hopes because of the good reviews, but after tracking it down online and finally getting my hands on a bottle of this stuff...I don't know if it's just my body chemistry or what, but it kind of smells like men's aftershave on me. A serious disappointment. I gave it to my daughter, though, and she loves it. So, I'm going to chalk this one up to differences in chemistry.

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Very Unique fragrance. I like this one. The only thing I notice is Avon has a habit of making many fragrances smell like a skin so soft undertone.

Nithyalakshmi
Nithyalakshmi

After reading the reviews i orderd for it yesterday and it was deliverd today...that was fast.Strangely the perfume is not what i expected.I can smell a lot of melon in it and its turning me off..hope i like it once the scent settles down.But maybe this is not for me the fragrances which best suit me are ysl opium and chanel allure which while being strong suit me a lot

Faith17
Faith17

Very fresh, green and grassy. Just imagine: You come outside after a rainfall and notice that your neighbor mowed the loan... thus, it smells like wet grass. That pretty much summarizes what this scent is. I enjoy it but am not in love with it by any means...

I bought this one after reading the notes, hoping it had a similarity to JC Ellena's 'Jardin' trilogy...it didn't, but it is a very pleasant scent in it's own right...

This is a very complex green floral musky scent. It begins with a citrusy feel and quickly becomes a watery blend of water lily/lotus and sweet pea. It grows more green with a leafy/stem type of aroma and then gets sort of incensy. The patchouli here is fascinating as it is earthy-aromatic but green and watery at the same time. I had this and Surreal both for a while and found Surreal too fruity and sweet(gifted to a good friend), but this...I would still have this because it is so unique, if my Mother had not begged me for it. (She didn't get one before Avon did what they always do-discontinue the good ones!) This is flowery, green and 'aquatic' but can be worn by anyone who likes something different...

Sillage: good
Longevity: decent
Overall: 3.5/5

This is definitely a 'surreal' one, it smells almost like an underwater garden to me yet is green, earthy and resinous at the same time. It is like a flower garden, in a thunderstorm while the sun is still shining and smells soooo different from anything Avon has ever released. I occasionally sneak a spray or two when I want to smell lush, green and unique. SG is avant-garde without being too weird, if you can find it, try it. it's definitely a different trippy twist on a floral chypre...

gesch
gesch

I got this today and am a bit on the fence about this one: although the description "luscious garden" fits it perfectly, I don't know if I feel comfotable with this. It's as if avon couldn't decide which direction to go with this...it's a chypre-floral, but with overripe fruit somehow.
even I think that sounds harsh, but my smellbuds just don't get along with this avon.
What really surprised me is the staying power: although an edt it lasts for quite a while (on me at least 6 hrs) and afterwards it's like a mist on my body...
what irritates me is the fruity-bitter note which is strong on me - since i really want to like it i will try on.

lillybee
lillybee

Surreal Garden is a mixture of tart citrus and aquatic notes at the beginning that are sharp but complex. Later it becomes a modern chypre floral, wet vegetation with bitter, herbal and earthy notes that are at the same time light, airy and feminine and slightly reminded me of Davidoff Echo.

A couple of hours later the green aquatic notes soften up and become like a fresher and tarter version of Always from Avon and that's because the chypre accord is dominant till the drydown. It's perfect for hot, summer months where other, sweeter fragrances would be too cloying.

Catsnstuff
Catsnstuff

Not a fan, although I wanted to be. The initial scent was promising, a combination of something cool and almost watery and the interesting dryness of chypre. But on my skin it quickly turned sour, the coolness turning into an irritating melon that didn't quite fit with me or the other notes. Perhaps on another person's skin it would work OK, but most definitely not mine!

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

This is a weird fragrance...one of the few fragrances i ever smelled where i was truly "suprised" by the smell...it smelled like being in a wet thick green vegetable garden/rainforest while on LSD...it smells almost other worldly...i hated it but i kind of liked it...very strange...for the right person it would be an excellent fragrance...but after a while the smell made me sick....the dry down was a synthetic melon smell....very unusual experience with this scent.

guest_Simone
guest_Simone

it isen't only two notes, it has several:
FAMILY Olfaction
Floral green woody

PYRAMID Olfaction
Output: Lemon, Freesia, Green Leaves, Flowers of Pea
Smell.
Body: Jacinto, Water Lily, Gardênia buttons, Lily
Cala, Jasmine.
Fund: Vetiver, Patchouli, Musk.

PERFUMES
The French Cachena Corine, creator of the successes
perfumery world as of Montblanc Presence for Men and
Skin Care of Vichy, was based on women
contemporary value and that all that is beautiful and
Surreal Garden to create natural, and a mild fragrance
fresh to be used at any time.

Si
Si

I bought it because I thought the perfume bottle beautiful, but I had a pleasant surprise ... the Surreal Garden moved with my emotions, and I remembered my adolescence. I fell in love with this fragrance beacouse this feeling!

blkbrd
blkbrd

Have you ever walked into a conservatory, or a greenhouse, or any other enclosed space filled with wet plants? The concentrated aroma of all that vegetation hits you almost physically, and that's the feeling that Surreal Garden recreates. (Albeit more sweetly.)

I like it, but I can see how others would find it offensive - the water lily and patchouli are both quite strong and persistent. (Prior reviewers disagree on staying power; on me it hangs around all day.) The top notes also include a definite greenness, bordering on citrus it sometimes seems. It's harder to distinguish between the heart and the drydown, but the top at least is distinct. When we first smelled it, my husband and I joked that it's exactly the thing for sexy waitresses at a vegetarian restaurant.

It's more "Surreal", I think, and less safe than the original fragrance it flanks. And perhaps these things shouldn't matter, but the green bottle is adorable, and Surreal Garden is a terrific name for a perfume . . .

Girly T-Rex
Girly T-Rex

I also love this fragrance....although it smells more like a surreal rainforest rather than a Surreal Garden. But not in a masculine way. It's a very feminine clean scent- nice & light in a gorgeous bottle. Perfect for the Spring and Summer months. Edit: I'd also like to add that the lasting power on this perfume is terrible. It lasts about 2 hours or so on me. Doesn't change the fact that I still love it though.

Amythyst
Amythyst

I have to say that I love love this fragrance! It seems it would be very simple with two fragrance notes, but I have not found that to be the case at all. The Lotus and Patchouli must mingle very well, this is a much more complicated scent then I would have expected from its description. Just smelling this puts me in a good mood, very good daytime scent, good for spring. I have found that I also enjoy this scent when I need a pick-me-up during these cold winter months. :) I have to get another bottle, as mine is running low... Very inexpensive, and too bad it was either discontinued or made for a limited time. I have to add that it has very good staying power.