Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Sweet Honesty Avon for women
dislike

honey
Sweet Honesty Avon for women Pictures

Sweet Honesty by Avon is a Floral fragrance for women. Sweet Honesty was launched in 1973. The fragrance features honey, musk, vanilla, hyacinth, lemon, lily-of-the-valley and rose.

Honey Musk Vanilla Hyacinth Lemon Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Harajuku Lovers Baby
Ciel
Obsession Night Woman

Sweet Honesty Fragrance Reviews

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

My ex-boyfriends grandmother gifted this perfume to me a few Christmases back. Haven't worn it at all. It smells like musky baby powder. Just powder and musk the whole way through, and a synthetic vibe. I have a full 1.7oz bottle up for swapping if anyone is interested ;)

rdoonanuk
rdoonanuk

I was looking for a powdery scent and that innocent fresh from the shower smell. I think I have found it with this one. I had also bought Jennifer Lopez Glow as a blind purchase as reviewers mention the powdery quality. I prefer Sweet Honesty though :o)

Debra1
Debra1

A Loung Ladies Perfume, My First Perfume, but it's Heady enough but not in an overtly vampy way for Middle aged ladies to wear Sweet Honesty, who like Florals It has Honey and Musk in it which gives it some substance for ladies over 30, and the Rose comes out on me wearing it, in a noticeable but not too strong way. the vanilla is subtle but you know it's there, for added warmth. I Highly would recommed it, what a bargan at times Avon sells it for 7:50 a Bottle, and it doesn't disapear on you like some florals do. It will still get you noticed as the Girl Next Door with a Little More to Her. Great Spring Sent. Sometimes I Still Wear it.

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

I like to wear Sweet Honesty when I'm under the weather... nothing else is so comorting. Takes me right back to my Grandma's house, paging through the Avon catalog for my first scent.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

Blast of powder. Fabric spray for sure!

YogaRose
YogaRose

Love the scent, love the price, love the quality.
A very "shower fresh" scent that I use casually or sometimes as a base with a blast of one of my pricey perfumes like Prada Iris.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

This is SUCH a pretty scent. I have always loved it. To me it is unique. No wonder it has been around forever and a day! All the girls at my school and church wore this when I was young. I remember loving the soft, sweet, honey-floral-woodsy scent........it truly does evoke sweet honesty and innocence. And I personally love the retro packaging with the boyfriend and girlfriend on the label. So 70's!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Unbelieveable.

I just bought myself a generous sized bottle of my first perfume! That first one was in a stick form, and all I had really wanted was a SPRAY perfume like mommy's ~ such distinct tastes preschoolers have. :)

Now that I have Sweet Honesty again, I have to applaud my mother's good taste. This IS a lovely scent, but also one that I would feel free to give to other preschoolers..... and yes, that would be in a spray bottle!

I find Sweet Honesty to be distinctive from fragrances like Love's Baby Soft, in that the hyacinth and lily of the valley add a freshness and complexity ~ brightening the whole composition.

Fans of hyacinth may be surprised by this unassuming little gem. Her overall aura of is that of shower freshness and timeless beauty. Five Stars!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Sweet Honesty has been around for many, many years and there must be a reason. It's a perpetual favorite of many people. It's an inexpensive fragrance that one can store in their gym locker, car or what have you for when you need something inexpensive. The name I'm sure probably puts many off, but honestly, anyone who has ever tried Avon's fragrances has tried Sweet Honesty at least once in their lives.
It's a good sleeping scent with its basic lightly spiced vanilla aroma that gently prods you to sleep, actually. It's comfortably quiet. It's nothing to write home about once you've graduated to the bigger bad girls. We all know that.
This fragrance is a very light musk that turns powdery almost immediately with light woodsy notes. The one floral note of hyacinth balances the mix quite neatly to wrap Sweet Honesty together into a soft scent to wear when you need a fragrance that is unassuming yet very feminine.
Sits very close to the skin for just a few hours, which again, is why this is perfect for sleeping. A very inoffensive scent that can be worn year-round.

meutia_hnm@yahoo.com
meutia_hnm@yahoo.com

I love this perfume, long lasting and make me feel comfortable....

kate.gibson.106
kate.gibson.106

I don't care much for baby powder scent except on babies, but this one isn't bad. I like it best layered with a rose scent. It helps it smell less like a little girl and more like something romantic. I like this perfume in one respect...it is the only one I have found that doesn't clash with the baby powder scented deodorant I sometimes resort to buying :)

jzz
jzz

I remember this from it's release in 1973. I liked the clean scent. There was a promotional t-shirt that said Sweet Honesty on it. Wish I still had the shirt. Anyone remember these tees or still have one?

Jenge
Jenge

I THOUGHT I had this when I was younger, but after researching, I actually had some Avon children's perfumes that no longer exist. I also found an old ad that listed the notes in SH as florals, woods, and anjelica root. It seems this has been reformulated with the honey, lemon, & vanilla?

I don't find this dated at all especially with the popularity of vanilla notes these days. The top is very sharp and astringent and isn't the best part of this fragrance. The middle is floral, warm, somewhat soapy, & powdery. I read that musks can cause that powdery feel sometimes. The drydown is very mellow, sweet and comforting.

The "sweet" part of SH is a nice, gentle sweetness where the honey & vanilla are in the background & very natural, not saccharine sweet. This is a wonderfully warm, cuddly scent that is great for everyday as well as a sleeping scent

Ms. Cherie
Ms. Cherie

This was MY first perfume. My mom ordered it from Avon. It came in a special edition bottle that looked like Cinderella. The cap was her torso and made of plastic and the skirt was the bottle. Not too long after that my mom ordered it in cream form and it was in a brooch. An orangey-red cat!!!!! What a hit it was......wore it for Grade 2 Picture Day! The scent made me feel pretty and grown up. To this day when I smell this comforting and gentle scent, I think fondly of my childhood and my mom.

Osusanna
Osusanna

I find this to be clean smelling but not fresh exactly and I think that's because I don't find the musk in scents to smell fresh overall. This is a good inexpensive option that is easy to wear and hard to overdo in my opinion. Avon has body products to match the fragrance and they help with the longevity. This fragrance had been marketed to a teen/young adult crowd for many years that has since grown up. Not that age needs to matter in choosing a fragrance exactly, but I think now Sweet Honesty is marketed to all ages.

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

I love this scent for bedtime or when I want something clean and uncomplicated. I love it layered with the body cream and Skin Musk for better staying power.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Sweet Honest was my signiture scent as a preteen & early teen in the late 70s, early 80s. Think I still have a bottle somewhere.. This, soft musk & hawaiian white ginger (all avon) got me thru jr & hr school. I miss the scents if not the years

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

My friend loved this fragrance when we were growing up, if I'm not mistaken I think Olivia Newton-John promoted this for Avon.

I never wore this partly due to my mother not liking it (which was odd since that usually would have meant bathing in the stuff- I was a bit of a Rebel) but mostly due to it being so popular that nearly everyone I knew had this including all of my older girl cousins and most of my friends (along with Love's baby soft)so I didn't go after this.

You can imagine the termoil I went through My mother hated this - everyone wore it - what should I do? I would have usually drown myself and everyone out with it, but it was too popular - like I said I was a rebel.I actually liked it, mostly due to the musk, and maybe the honey.

My mother had put me off of musks at the time, and I had gotten the impression they would turn stinky on me so it wasn't until later that I discovered how well I can wear musks, so instead I went with citruses and that was just fine since not too many of the girls I knew did.

I am going to try this in the Avon roll on deoderant, which I just ordered along with several others in their "classic" scents. They had them on sale for 89 cents so if I don't like any of them it won't me such big loss.

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

I have a vintage bottle of this stuff. i like to wear it to bed. the smell is very comforting and barely there, melds right into your skin. A personal scent.

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

thing is... this used to be quite a nice scent. i don't know precisely when Avon changed it, but change it they did.

the stuff you buy from them now... smells like J&J baby powder. and i can't stand the scent of baby powder (i hated it when i was a baby, too!).

but the vintage, 1970's Sweet Honesty? is altogether different. a little powdery, yes, but not baby powder. a soft, gentle, clean - but not soapy - and snuggly sort of scent.

i'm sure a lot of younger folks would say it smells "old" but that's what i like about it, that it doesn't smell like the mall.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Just picked up a 1979 vintage. Old Avon can be an interesting foray. You never know what you're going to find. I was unaware of the tacky, pink bottle with the couple holding hands.. Tacky indeed. This came in a champagne bottle, marked with a batch code & "1979 Decanter". I spilled a generous 2ml all over myself, & I expected the powder to jump out at me, which it did, but I did actually get to pick out the lovely notes listed. I get a very soft, powdery musk, rose, lemon, & slightly sweet honey. No gourmand headache territory here! This is a a lovely day fragrance when you want to be casual, or a cosy night fragrance when you crave yoga pants & a fuzzy sweater! Soft, familiar. Someone you knew wore this.. Or maybe still does. I'm amazed this bottle is so fresh, & potent! I'd recommend perfumistas try this, if you can, for the lovely cozy factor it has. I have no idea how this compares to the newer bottles. Sorry!

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

I have been wearing Sweet Honesty ever since I got it for Christmas 1975. It was in a decanter in the shape of an old fashioned telephone. I don't find the fragrance has been altered one bit. I've owned spray, splash, rollette, solid, sachet and it has always been consistent. I currently own 1975 vintage and current. They are identical. SH is what I wear when I don't feel like wearing perfume and I am not in the mood for my other non-perfume staple, Coty Wild Musk. Sweet Honesty is an aldehydic pois de senteur (sweet pea) type of fragrance that reminds me of Guerlain Apres l'Ondee only Sweet Honesty blends much better with my body chemistry. Lucky me since it costs a tiny fraction of Apres l'Ondee! It is so comforting. Especially when my work is hectic. I'm an RN and no one has ever complained when I wear this. I do get a lot of compliments that I smell nice though. :0)

evesoho
evesoho

Alright. Ladies below who have decried the reformulation, I hope you're reading this.

The moment I searched 'Sweet Honesty' on ebay two weeks ago, dozens of results showed for a vintage-looking, clear glass bottle of 'California Perfume, Anniversary Addition', with the sweetest little gold cap and pink bow around the neck. They were cheap and won me over, but I wondered, "is this really Sweet Honesty?" I googled it and sure enough, Avon has been releasing "keepsake" bottles from vintage batches of Sweet Honesty they apparently kept from 1975 and 1978. Mine arrived yesterday, and "1975" is embossed on the back of the glass.

I figure this surely is the vintage, because, for one thing, it's beautiful. Secondly, it doesn't smell dominantly like baby powder, and even if it had...

A NOTE IN DEFENSE OF BABY POWDER: When someone says, "it smells like baby powder" about a scent it isn't usually a compliment. Yet to me, and a small handful of others - it is! I like the scent of baby powder, period. If you don't like it, then I guess you wouldn't even put it on a baby! Except that if you do enjoy smelling it on a baby, and you say you won't wear it because you "don't want to smell like a baby" then... aren't you just denying yourself the chance to wear a scent you like? Yes, fragrance is strongly associative (e.g. baby powder = baby). This also means that it's easy to create new associations, though (e.g. baby powder = beautiful woman). Open minds will participate in wearing their perfumes by adding unexpected, individual dimensions of personality. There isn't so much wrong with smelling like a baby anyhow when the "baby notes" themselves are beautiful; many babies smell not only like baby powder but, through toiletries or more natural means, like apples, strawberries, cotton candy, mommy's cosmetics including perfume, laundry detergent, milk (which adults drink, too!), fresh air, sun, sunscreen (I hope!), lavender, lemons, roses, sugar and spice and EVERYTHING NICE. There are days when I sure wouldn't mind smelling like everything nice! :) Did you know that baby powder smells different in Europe than it does in America? Here we use Johnson+Johnson and corresponding knockoffs, scented with citrus, floral and vanilla. In Europe their popular baby powders are primarily scented with orange blossom and musk. In 1995, a study was conducted by Dr. Alan Hirsch that discovered women are more aroused by the scent of baby powder (probably J+J but who knows) than by men's cologne and chocolate. (Men weren't tested with baby powder). Obviously, they took the baby powder out of the "baby" context for this blind study.

Review continued: This bottle of Sweet Honesty I have is sweet, and deep. I think it's a youthful skin scent. It reminds me of a lighter, sweeter, non-spicy Sensuous Nude by Estee Lauder. It's easy to layer (I've layered with The Body Shop's White Musk Libertine, and L'Interdit). There is no powdery accord on my skin and it isn't listed in the accords here. The absence of powder takes Sweet Honesty out of the baby powder realm of scent for me.

I want to add that this is my first Avon perfume. I bought it because growing up I always wanted to try the Avons that others were wearing, but my mom wouldn't buy anything from them because of some negative experience she had as a teen with an Avon seller, lol.

The next time I'm in Paris and having an afternoon cappuccino at Cafe de Flore, my 1975 Sweet Honesty California Perfume Anniverary Keepsake is what I'll be wearing. They won't know I'm wearing a "baby powder" scent, they will only (hopefully) know I smell good.

francisrose
francisrose

Sweet Honesty is a perfectly lovely innocent fragrance that is suitable for just about anyone! If you like Glow, or Jovan Musk, you will like this clean musky scent. The price is a real bargain, and you can purchase the powder, skin cream, and even deodorant along with the cologne for a very reasonable price. But this is not the reason to purchase this lovely scent, buy it because you will smell like a sweet honeyed, musky, rose and get many compliments to boot!Sweet Honesty is a good fragrance for a young girl because it is so gentle, although women of all ages can wear this lovely, girly scent very well.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

So pretty. I didn't discover this little gem until I was over 40. It's such a lovely, nice scent! Powder, with a bit of floral, vanilla & honey to sweeten it up.
Wear this alone or wear with any other fragrance to "sweeten" it. Also a great gift as a first fragrance for a girl around 12.

Lakambini
Lakambini

I got this in a little bunny rabbit bottle for my 10th birthday (which always seems to fall around Easter) way back in 1979. It is quite an unusual scent, girlish and feminine, the young Jessica Lange, Olivia Newton-John, something a kid never forgets. Recently I received the contemporary version in a swap with the lovely TanteSimone. On first application, the scents were virtually identical, and so I relaxed and thought, A rare one indeed, an undisturbed classic. Immediately, things fell apart, the streak on my forearm turning to pure weightless powder, the ghost of that beautiful, distinct personage from way back. Something is missing from today’s Sweet Honesty… my nose seeks out the sparkly nip of what was probably aldehydes, and maybe a smidge of sandalwood or perhaps oakmoss. (I’m not looking at the reviews or the posted notes as I write this, just going on the scent and memories.) Today’s young uns are missing out on a lot.

enchi24
enchi24

I've finished the whole bottle and its a nice sophisticated-woman kind of scent for me. I noticed however, that by the time you get used to the scent, it becomes bland and just... ordinary and tiring..

Thatkid
Thatkid

I wore this to work and I was told by my co-workers that I smelled "shower fresh". I do not smell the rose, honey or vanilla in this, just the powder.

Dharmapadagurl9
Dharmapadagurl9

i know in a world full of fancy, expensive perfumes, its rather easy to make fun of the cheap drugstore brands. But I do honestly like Sweet Honesty. Its light, powdery, with hints of vanilla and honey... just the thing for wearing around the house, or to the store. I like wearing it just lightly to feel fresh and clean. Its not a very strong scent, just something that lingers close to the skin, making you smell fresh and clean. Sometimes I like to wear something that doesnt really smell like much. I guess that doesn't make much sense.. wearing a perfume to not smell like a perfume.

scenteena
scenteena

Clara13, my sentiments exactly. I too, purchased a bottle about 8 or 9 years ago, wanting to experience this beauty once more. Albeit, extremely modified, it still smelled good HOWEVER it was not the Sweet Honesty, I vividly remember-in all its glory! I started wearing it shortly after it was launched; as a replacement for another 70's icon-Menley and James' beloved, missed, and highly sought after creation-Eau de Love. Sweet Honesty was a "sugar masterpiece" and proof positive that Avon in its many years in the fragrance game has some genuine hits under its belt. Anyway, the catholic high school I attended had a book store that also sold Avon products. In response to my interest in this dulcet stunner, one of the nice nuns gladly removed it from the glass case and generously sprayed the air. Never had I experienced such a delicious, and unique take on a sweet scent. This was NO Love's Baby Soft wannabe or JUST ANOTHER baby powder frag. Rather, this was a testament to how good a sweet aroma can be when the bar is raised just right and additional components selected are all the right ones. In my opinion, perfect for teen-age young ladies, and worth seeking the vintage version, if you can find it.

libbyanne
libbyanne

Smells like brand new barbie doll hair, don't get me wrong I loved Barbie but I can't stand this scent.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I bought a small bottle of this from a flea market for a laughable price. Smells like I just got out of a rich soapy shower and dusted lightly with baby powder. I think a man could wear this too, if he likes to smell really clean, without the "aftershave" scent.

sally.west1
sally.west1

I remember having Sweet Honesty in a creme perfume back in 1973 - my mum was an Avon lady and I got a free pot. I remember not liking it as at 17 or so I was too old for this baby powder scent! I was an Aqua Manda girl then or Faberge Brut for Men which all us girls wore back then! My friend's daughter has a bottle of the current Sweet Honesty and it hasn't changed at all - too sweet for me but lovely for a 10-15 year old!

sayrmaillah@yahoo.com
sayrmaillah@yahoo.com

This perfume is very very light. If anybody else smell this perfume on you they're not gonna get a headache or something. You won't get a compliment if you wear this not because it's terrible or anything, it's just that there's nothing unique about the smell. I got this when I was 18 and this perfume would appeal to younger girls. If you're looking for some sophistication, not from this perfume. It also doesn't last long. Only up to 2 hours max.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Wow! It does smell like D&G Sicily, but mixed with Dial or Zest soap. I love this classic sweet scent.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This is one of my staples. I usually buy it for the nostalgia factor. It takes me back to the carefree days of my youth.

On the right chemistry, this is warm and feminine, with hints of amber and musk. I have a classmate who wears this and it smells powdery, with a slight lavender note. Another classmate of mine wore this and it smells like strawberry ice cream on her. On me, it smells like second skin. I always wear the cream version as it layers well with lots of things. The spray, I usually use at night to help me sleep.

This may be cheap, but there are people who are lucky enough to wear it well.

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

almost every girl in the 80's i know off, know this perfume..still remember the sweet lemony smell...

myra83
myra83

My mom told me this sweet fagrant is the most fav of her when she still @secondry school late 70S..... so lucky till now avon malaysia still carry fir this sweet fagrance. i also love it when im in secondry school late 90s

fujii
fujii

I don't like the blast of smell when sprayed, a mix of powdery scent with something sweet and freakishly musky. It just smells awful and weird for me.

After its been on my skin for awhile it becomes more tolerable for me and the weird smell is gone. It just has a powdery floral smell. I don't think it smells like a baby powder though.

I first got this probably when I was 16 as a gift and somehow managed to finish it. I got my second bottle last Christmas and the packaging was different. I don't hate it nor do I love it. I won't ever buy it as it seems others like to give this to me and I have no idea when I'll be able to finish my 2nd bottle.

@adair58 the bottle is still the same but the box is different in my country. It no longer has the man and woman on the box but its still pink with an added color of green and purple and has a drawing of a yellow flower.

update: here's a link to some photo's of the new box. sorry if the quality isn't very good m(__)m

kc10.blog132.fc2.com/blog-entry-19.html

adair58
adair58

This was my first perfume, and my sister's, and all our friends, way back when (1973-1980!). It is baby powdery, soft and sweet. I am kind of surprised Avon has not reformulated it or even discontinued it, as they have some other, better, scents. The bottle and packaging are in need of an update, but it is still a nice first perfume for a young girl.

BLOND1WD
BLOND1WD

This was my very first perfume ever at age 12. Appropriate then, but a lil' bit too young girly for my tastes now.

RoxanaM4491
RoxanaM4491

I purchased this perfume from Avon based on its description and all the positive reviews. However, this scent is simply not for me. I wish the term "baby powder" had come up even ONCE in my investigation of the fragrance before purchasing, so I would have known to stay away. As a person who leans heavily on citrus florals, the powdery/musky notes were a bit gagging.

dulcette
dulcette

ah! i used to have this as a child... powdery, baby-like honey and rose with a wee bit of citrus. minimally musky on me. brings back so many memories!

0hsmells
0hsmells

sweet and innocent...light scented and it doesn't make me sneeze.

Maccaronii
Maccaronii

clean, soapy and baby-like perfume
that's remind me of the scent of my little sister when she was young
really love it :D

starlight47
starlight47

This fragrance brings back memories. I use to wear this sometimes when I was young! It was very clean and soft. I actually liked it a lot!

Mostly sweet powder on me, with a hint of 'pink'. It's okay but way too young for me at this stage. Good for lovers of sweet powdery scents.

Edgalyndo
Edgalyndo

I think it is harmless fragrant, sweet and girlish, is a fragrance Quiet and spring, but it is very discreet and musk is exaggerated. this is a good perfume, but it would smell better if add more floral and Sweet Aroma,, and reduce the musk and honey, as it so you do not notice, if the Gardenia flowers were added and combined with vanilla, it would be wonderful .. .

millie32
millie32

I loved it when the Avon lady would hang the Avon catalogs and I would receive little samples of perfume and lipstick.Now Sweet Honesty was my favorite Perfume by Avon and still is , by far a classic since 1973. I haven't bought Sweet Honesty for a long time ,due to no Avon lady in my neighborhood ,but now that I have one, Sweet Honesty is going to be my first purchase !Why? Love the sweet warm floral honeysuckle and the baby powdery scent.Plus a dash of clean lily of the valley makes this light scent honest enough for daily, day wear .Especially for the spring time season.

LexiOD
LexiOD

I had gotten this for free from Avon since my mother and grandmother had spent a certain amount one Christmas. My mom had said that when she was a little girl, this was every girls' first perfume. I really don't have too much to say about this fragrance, but I'll say my piece.
First off, the packaging is super cheap and basic, not that it bothers me, but it doesn't stand out in the least. This goes for a lot of Avon's classic fragrances, though. At least it does work well.
This is a very vintage-esque scent. It is very powdery, floral, and mild. It also smells very much of ivory soap to me. This is one of those fragrances you wouldn't really want to wear, but rather spray your bathroom with, which is what I use it for, although I'll be honest, I don't like it. I used to try to work with it because it's such a classic, but I personally just can't stand it, though it does work well with my skin.
The staying power is average. Lasts long enough but not too long.
Overall, this is an ok fragrance, but it's not for me. It would be great for a little girl's first perfume, which I believe is the point, but for someone older, I think something like this would be quite dull. 2/10 from me.

xx

At first when I sprayed it, I thought I needed to find the thread where someone asked for suggestions on perfumes that smell exactly like baby powder. At the time I didn't know of any--none that smell "exactly" like baby powder. But Sweet Honesty does.

Hang on though! It's only for the first 5-10 minutes. After that it becomes this spectacular, summery, sweet honey scent. The initial powder vanishes almost entirely. Unlike some people, I grew up hating this perfume. I was into Night Magic Evening Musk. Now it's the other way around. I find Night Magic to be cloying, and Sweet Honesty is my "new" favorite.

They just need to re-package. The 70's couple on the front became obsolete like 30 years ago.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

This morning I accidentally knocked my bottle of Sweet Honesty on to the floor, causing it to shatter. Although I have claimed to like this perfume, I found myself secretly relieved that it was no longer in my line-up of choices for what to wear, because really, wearing it was like dabbing on baby oil with a cotton ball. There you have it, sweet honesty.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

Honey ? Rose? Lemon? I remember a soft, baby powder smell. I think my mother bought it for me when I was in Jr. high. I didn't like it then because if I wanted perfume thay smelled like perfume.

I may buy it again just to see if I can pick out any of the noted listed. Why not ?

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

This is a very powdery fragrance. It's pretty and inoffensive. I wish it had a little more oomph. I feel like I could spray the whole bottle and it still wouldn't really make itself known. I think this type of strength is what is known as a skin scent.

It does make the skin smell nice.

I did notice the plastic smell which actually made it kind of interesting. (Don't knock it, vinyl IS listed as a legitimate note, I even believe Demeter makes a Vinyl scent). However, once you've gotten to about halfway through the bottle that scent seems to disappear.

There is also a very, very slight "OL" scent in the opening notes that I wished would have lasted longer because it gives the fragrance a vintage feel but it goes away too fast.

I don't think this is an overly "little girl" scent. I think it could be easily worn by anyone of any age because it's just light and powdery. It would be appropriate for work and daytime activities.

The lightness and lack of sillage is one of my biggest complaints about the more spring and summer fragrances. I personally favor more knock-down-the-door scents.

I asked a friend of mine what she thought and she said it smelled really, really pretty. If you like subtle scents this is a good one.

lemonotes
lemonotes

I tried one of the scent rollers recently. My mother used to buy it for me when I was a little girl and I expected to like it. I thought that it would smell like sugar or something sweet anyway. I rolled some on my wrist and nearly gagged! It smelled like vinegar!! It was a horrible chemical smell that was so bad that I wonder if it had spoiled in some way or that it had been tainted somehow in the factory. I washed (more like scrubbed) the scent off my arm. It made me feel ill. I am sad that it happened this way because I truly had expected to like it. On the other hand, I love the Imari and the Night Magic.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

It has a powdery, innocent smell. OK, to me it should be on a doll; smells a little like plastic. Not my cup of tea.

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

This scent smells like the bedroom left behind by a murdered virgin. Probably murdered sometime in the 1970's. The room is softly floral with traces of freshly powdered skin and dust piled up from negligent parents who refuse to enter the room. I like the scent mostly but I feel it is too dusty to love, something about it is sharp and painful. It isn't the sweet girl it seems to be. Leaves behind a memory of something lost and forgotten when it should have left you feeling hopeful and untroubled. Sad. RIP.

LadyGNotGaga
LadyGNotGaga

I have the powder and love it: is the fragrance spray much different? I think I would like it if it is very similar.

fifaatm
fifaatm

AHAA !

I found this perfume "sweet honesty" while reading reviews, and it rings a weak tinkling bell on my ear. I think I've heard it somewhere. Where.. where..

Then I remember !

This is practically my first ever perfume, that bought solely by my own choice and with my own (pocket)money. And this was happened when I was on junior high. (and now I'm on my 30s)

Frankly I've forgotten how it smell like, but it's really nice to found this long "lost" memory.

Sweet Honesty. As sweet and honest as a junior high girl can be :)

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Sweet, powder scent, almost like talc sprinkled all over your body. Perfect before going to bed. The cheapest of all powder scents (Donna Karan Cashmere mist being high end, and JLo Glow being mid priced)

theoffbeatkid
theoffbeatkid

I was in kindergarten, it was Christmas time, our class was doing a "Secret Santa". We sat on the floor in a circle, it was my turn to receive my gift. I opened my gift, a small box and inside was Sweet Honesty. I still remember it. I thought sitting in the circle this is a horrible gift- everybody else got silly putty. But the smell is memorizing. Musk what is that to a kid in kindergarten? But this perfume haunts me,in a lovely way. Every time I smell musk I think of that memory. AND that is the power of perfume.

desiliana
desiliana

ohh.. how miss this innocent baby powder scent..

Nikitha
Nikitha

i smelled this perfume almost 10 yEARS back, and stumbled into it today, nothing compares, this innocent bottle of perfume stands on its own!

joanna30
joanna30

I am in my early 30s and I still wear it sometimes in the afternoon. I love it!

crysna
crysna

sweet honesty the fragrance that reminds me of school and middle school, my mom bought it several times for me and my sisters! an inocent musky floral aldehyde fragrance make it perfect to wear everyday, pretty closed to the skin. tons of memories wearing this one!

RavynG
RavynG

I was 11 when it came out the first time. I adored it. then a couple of years later it turned on me and it got so I could not even take a whiff without getting nauseated. I remember dumping it down the drain out of all those fancy Avon collector bottles of fancy dressed ladies and butterflies and gagging my head off while I was doing it. And smelling it on my hands for days. Then when it came out again in the 80's it was not as bad, I think they may have changed the formula. But I still could not wear it or stand to be too close to it. At the time it originated the other young perfumes were the likes of Skinny-Dip and Blue Jeans and Jean Nate. I graduated to Heaven Scent and the Love's line and then Jontue and Coty's Wild Musk.

sweetharmony
sweetharmony

used this in middle school in late 80s. light and subtle.

Aprilily
Aprilily

I got this as a gift for my 10th birthday-just light, clean, and sweet; it was perfect for me. I wore it all through 5th and 6th grades. Such fun memories!

Midwestgirl
Midwestgirl

Ahhh...Sweet Honesty...this was one of the fragrances I wore in High School back in the early 70's when it first came out. Oh how I loved it in those days. Everything about it represented youth and innocence. And the bottle was so beautiful...the lovely sunset inside the cap. Wish I could still wear it. I bought a bottle of this a few years ago but had to accept that the magic of this fragrance has faded into the past. The memories of Sweet Honesty are still beautiful...

TWebb
TWebb

Perfect for Pre-teens.

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Just burned out on this one.

skissez
skissez

this is one of my favorite perfume vary powdery and sweet with a light musk :), when i smell it reminds me of when i was a little girl and how i used to always smell this perfume on my mom its one of those perfumes that bring back memories to me , this is also my moms favorite perfume we both love it

Tiktak
Tiktak

This always takes me back to the my teen days. Sometimes I just wear it around the house just to relive all the good memories it brings back. The newer formulation has changed and is not as good as the original version I remember so well.

ri1quemoi
ri1quemoi

I've been using Sweet Honesty for more than twenty years now and I always feel good and serene when I wear it, that I can't get tired of this perfume. It's light, powdery. I've tried many other perfumes but none of them ever made me feel that well being... A scent of paradise, for me!

Fonna
Fonna

I bought this not too long ago from Avon, as I thought I would enjoy it as I once did.
Truth be told, it took me back.......to age 9.....lol I'm too old for that fragrance now, it is a beautiful fragrance for the younger crowd.
A sweet fragrnce and powdery.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I'm so happy I've finally got my Sweet honesty!!! I bought the set (with edt, body cream and powder) on ebay, as here in Italy it doesn't exist! But I wanted so much to try it, after reading the reviews...and I'm not disappointed at all! At first spray, I smelt an odd and synthetical lemon note...but after few seconds, the fragrance totally changes on my skin! And a beautiful of musk, rose and...talcum powder comes out! It reminds me some ather fragrances that I absolutely love, as Teint de neige Villoresi(but less powdery and more soapy!), Glow Jennifer Lopez (but less soapy and more powdery :D) and Sicily Dolce & Gabbana (but with the note of rose!). So if you like powdery, soapy and/or musky fragrances, you have to try Sweet honesty! Highly recommended, expecially in spring!

TrinitySydney
TrinitySydney

I wore this as a child. Yes, a young child. My sold Avon and gave me my first bottle of Sweet Honesty when I was four. It came in a cupcake-shaped glass bottle.

Memories. Now my daughter wears it and wow, does it ever give me the sweetest flashbacks!

who didn't have this girly scent as a teen? loved it back then. there was something irristable about it. i still use the powder, but i've grown out of the cologne. still love to smell it tho, always reminds me a little bit of love's baby soft. another favorite from way back when.

soupygirl3
soupygirl3

I remember this scent vividly. Many of the "fast" girls wore it in JHS. Oh the tight pants, the flipped hair, the fly sneakers and the sickeningly sweet sticky pong of Sweet Honesty enveloping the classroom! A smell that catches in your throat and no amount of throat-clearing helps, only a shot of drain cleaner down your gullet will allow you to get Sweet Honesty out of your throat.

Clara13
Clara13

Oh, this takes me back! To my childhood in the 70's. Sweet Honesty is not a scent I would wear these days, but I couldn't resist ordering a bottle recently just to experience it again. It is impossibly innocent and fresh. The baby-powder aspect quickly dissipates, leaving a light wood that has yet to be outdone by any modern scent claiming to be "clean." It's hard to overdo Sweet Honesty because it dries down so quickly, so I can see why it's still around and is considered a good choice for a first perfume. Actually, I've gotten hooked on the skin softener, because it is so comforting. Definitely a comfort scent.

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

Homework , boys , the Farrah flip hair (God rest her soul), Cover Girl eye shadow and Sweet Honesty. I loved it back then. Seems like I moved on to Aviance or Ciara next.Hmmm or was it Cachet ? Anyway it is what it is and its a special little fume for girls. Every little girl should have some of this innocent elixir.

lovelylady
lovelylady

If I could rename this it would be "innocence". It is so powdery light and clean. It reminds me of baby powder.

guest_goldiechick
guest_goldiechick

A friend of mine told me that she liked it, so I decided to get it and give it a try. Honestly, Sweet Honesty didn't do very much for me and had the smell of baby powder. As of now, my favorite Avon fragrance is the Imari body lotion.

paganpurge
paganpurge

I LOVE Sweet Honesty! It is so feminine, clean and alluring that even my macho-perfume hating man compliments me on how good I smell. I layer it with the powder and skin softener then I spray it in my hair so the scent lingers as long as possible. All time favorite.

Woodelf
Woodelf

Like many here, this was one of the first scents that I ever owned. To this day (decades later,) I still enjoy its powdery, honey scent with a touch of sharpness (the musk?) to the nose. It is innocence with a hint of the woman that is to become. Sweet Honesty stays true on your skin and lasts for hours. It has decent sillage and I find the scent relaxing and pleasant after all these years.

laurenmf27
laurenmf27

Everyone's first perfume. Powdery and soft. Reminds me of my childhood. For all the flack that Avon gets, they really do make some lovely fragrances. Usually not long lasting, but nice and classic.

VioletaVioleta
VioletaVioleta

Slightly citrusy in the opening, powder and roses in the heart, soft sandalwood and vanilla in the bottom. I love this fragrance, it's light and soft, very powdery and sweet. Girly and innocent, comforting...very very pretty. The name and the color fit the fragrance perfectly. One of Avon's classics. May they always keep it around.

Twiga
Twiga

Like many here, this was my very first fragrance. :memories:

gingergirl60
gingergirl60

i had some of this when I was young, a gorgeous simple and clean baby smell! Wouldn't mind having some now.I am really beginning to appreciate Avon perfume,kind of looked down on it in the past, but they have some fabulous stuff!

Xandria
Xandria

smells like my childhood. use to have creme perfume

applemint
applemint

WOW! Smells like a little princess. So heavenly. Very similar to DG's Sicily. How come no one sings odes to this one? If this liquid wasn't in an Avon bottle, it would be worshipped. Wow again.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

I bought my first bottle of Sweet Honesty last week and it's so...powdery! just like a mature version of baby powder. i've always love the scent of baby powder so i really love this one. it's long lasting for an EDC.(last about 4-5 hrs.) the bottle is so simple and cute too. the price is dirt cheap. I have nothing to complain about this product.

edit: i can feel now that the alcohol is very overwhlming which make it smell so cheap.

GrayRain
GrayRain

Terrible, terrible, terrible!

Ugh I can't get the smell of this out of my nose! It's like rotting roses, baby powder and alcohol. YUCK!

Need to down one of my Maxalt's to get rid of the horrible migraine.

love it. i used to wear this when i was a teenager. soft and sweet. i couldnt get enough of it. now when i wear it it takes me back to a more simple uncomplicated time in my life. i love to wear it on hot summer days, its just enough perfume withpit being stifling.beautiful and simple.

kalios55
kalios55

Sweet Honesty is my very first perfume I ever used. It made me feel all grown up & girly. I remember spraying it on my wrists then dabbed it on behind my ears & neck carefully before I went on my first date.
Of course the perfume belonged to my mom but all other perfumes she owned smell like old hags. Sweet honesty was the only bottle I found & liked. I then bought Sweet Honest body lotion & Roll on to go with the perfume. It's definitely sweet, naive, fragile, powdery, warm & femine. Sweet yummy roses.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

One of my ultimate comfort scents. I love what the gal said above about not having to always smell like a bizarre combo of tobacco-mugwort-tree moss, bark, and oud! It is nice to just smell nice...and lovely...and warm and innocent. We need that in our complicated world sometimes. This fragrance takes me back to a simpler time, when I was a kid growing up on Long Island in the 70's. My aunt was a big fan of this and it will always remind me of the good times spent sleeping over her house on the weekends...Yes, those were the days when life was sweet and innocent.
I also found that I strongly gravitated to this scent after my daughter was born. She had severe colic and her dad sort of tuned us out from that point on. Sweet Honesty gave me some comfort and grounding during that difficult time. So, it will forever have a special, emotional place in my heart. And isn't that what a good fragrance is supposed to do?

LoveLy
LoveLy

ahhhh....i remember this one....my first perfume
i had the set with the lotion soap and splash...
i smelled it the other day when my mother used the lotion and fell in love again..i'm usually not into older scents but this is quite frankly timeless in my opinion
well done and i dont mind that it doesnt last that long...at this price i can spritZ it on all day if need be

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

Ari, I agree with you, a rite of passage for young girls (long time) Now they are asking for Ed Hardy, Britney Spears etc

Sissi
Sissi

ok every little girl's rites of passage
her first perfume this is it this and
windsong where my first frangrances
This smells Simular to Kenzo Flower
Smells like baby power i don't want to
smell like a baby

sashiboo19
sashiboo19

The top notes are really light and sweet, its noticable in a subtle way and the powdery smell is ok..... but the drydrown is absoulutely awful, it has a pungent smell, well to my nose anyway! When i was younger i absolutely loved this smell but i seem to have outgrown it.

Ari
Ari

This and Love's Baby Soft were the scents of my youth. I would fathom both were the fragrance of choice and in its many incarnations are the fragrance for young girls everywhere....Ah...memories; Loved this fragrance to death!

RouenFr
RouenFr

This is a great perfume for a young girl. It does have a powdery scent, but the nice thing it isn't too strong. I wore this scent for many years and as a young girl went through several bottles

I love this perfume so much...it was my first perfume..i think i was 10 years old!!!

lemonlavendergirl
lemonlavendergirl

i love this so much.I wear it everyday.

michele23
michele23

Is there any young girl who hasnt wore sweet honesty.Great perfume for anyone.Soft and pretty like heaven sent another perfume that is acceptable for a young girl.

Saiu de linha a muito tempo aqui no Brasil (ainda existe na linha crystal), eu não gostava tinha um cheiro meio antigo e irritante floral doce atalcado, mas dos perfumes antigos da Avon era o mais simpático !!

karenlsinging
karenlsinging

This was my first scent when I was a teenager and I remember wearing it at a new year's party when I was 16 slow dancing with a much older man (probably in his 20s now that I think of it!) and afterwards the top I wore smelled of me, him and Sweet Honesty for ages. I didn't want to put it in the washing!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I am smelling Sweet Honesty for the first time now, in my late 30's, and I do like it.

I, and probably many of you, get so easily caught up in trying to stay abreast of the latest unusual/rare/niche perfumes that cost a pretty penny. I find myself trying to force myself to like so many perfumes because I think I should, even when my nose is saying, "No!"

Sometimes I forget how nice it is to simply smell GOOD. I forget how pleasing it is to spray on a perfume that I don't have to analyze or try too hard to enjoy. Sweet Honesty is a polite reminder of that.

I don't always have to smell like some exotic mix of tobacco, pencil shavings, bubble gum, mugwort, etc. There are times when the appropriate fragrance is something that smells simple, fresh and pleasant. Sweet Honesty is the perfect fragrance for those occasions.

I don't think it smells like Love's Baby Soft at all. I find that perfume very cloying. Sweet Honesty is soft and powdery, yes, but the warm, honeyed musk is the star of this fragrance. It's a subtle, clean, "your skin but better" scent that is suitable for any age.

I wish it lasted a little longer on my skin, but Avon makes a line of body care products in this scent, and layering may improve its longevity.

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

i think this aims to be "Love's Baby Soft"..but the drydown/undertone is nasty to me. One friend gave it to me..and I ended up giving it to another friend!

falovalo
falovalo

I smelled this out of an Avon catalog, I thought it smelled strongly of baby powder.

TashaRose
TashaRose

I recently bought a small bottle of this because I used to have it as a child and was interested in whether or not I'd still like it. It's really faintly sweet and a bit powdery, but it's pretty in a way. Couldn't wear it everyday but it does bring me back to my younger years and smells innocent and soft to me.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

My Mom bought this when I was a kid. She bought the perfume and deoderant,actually. I loved it back then and still enjoy it now (though I do not currently own a bottle).

To me, it smells sweet and kind of nutty. I noticed that there aren't any nuts in the notes...but I swear that's what it smells like to me. The vanilla and honey bring out the yummy sweetness but the flowers (which are a perfect balance in here IMO) keep it from being too sweet. I don't remember getting any of the lemon, but maybe that's because compared to a citrus scent, it really has very little. It dries down to a sweet, nutty, and powdery goodness that always seems to warm my heart because of all of the childhood memories the smell evokes. It makes me picture my mom, fair soft skin, black thick curly hair and me in a pretty spring dress with dainty white gloves. Her holding my hands and walking down the sidewalk, waving hello to all the neighbors and people. It's such a friendly scent. I don't think you can go wrong with it. It maynot be anything special to people, but it's a scent that's special to me and my memories. Sweet, nutty, and loveable.

slcallen9
slcallen9

Smells just like baby powder, if you like that.

swedeangel
swedeangel

Loved it when i was 15 ,loved it when i was 30 , have a bottle now too - it works on a 43year woman too.
Its innocent,fresh ,its a alltimehigh .

Gukette
Gukette

this is a soft powdery floral that lasts and lasts on me. i liked it more when i was younger though.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I agree Sweet Honesty has a softness and roundness to it. But, on myself I wouldn't describe it as a light scent. It most certainly has a firm base which I think is the musk that holds true, which keeps this perfume from being whispy. I also think that the honey plays a very important part in the whole composition here. I believe the honey gives Sweet Honesty a nice richness.

I think that this fragrance shouldn't be overlooked and mistaken as a juvenile fragrance. It really has more personality and stature than that.

Mals86
Mals86

My first perfume. I used to have this one in a roll-on bottle that looked like Rapunzel's tower, complete with pointy cap. (I think I was eight.) It's very young, very sweet and floral, very appropriate for pre-teen girls. An excellent "starter" fragrance.

menaman
menaman

this is my first purchase of perfume...the smell is so sweet, just like the name!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

A much better "first" perfume than "Love's Baby Soft". I hated that dreck, but "Sweet Honesty", though simple and light , actually smelled like perfume, and not a diaper.

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

Ik kreeg deze geur van een vriendin, meer dan 20 jaar geleden, en wilde deze geur weer hebben. Het is een warme geur, een soort zoete warme poeder geur.

I had it for more than 20 years ago, it was a gift. Now I have it again and love it. Good memories. A sweet powdery scent, and very innoncent.

cheerio_888
cheerio_888

I had this when i was in grade school. It's very feminine and light.

Annette87
Annette87

I just love this fragrance. It reminds of innoncent days. When I sold AVON,this was the scent I always bought my daughter. I believe she may still have some.

sonrise
sonrise

I had this when I was very young, in fact it was my second real perume that I got. Love's Baby Soft was the first. I agree that it has a soft powdery scent.

Stacey923
Stacey923

Lightly sweet. Softens into a powdery clean fragrance. Delicate.

Sweet Honesty by Avon 3.56 out of 5 based on 339 ratings and 124 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Sweet Honesty fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Sweet Honesty, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sweet Honesty by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sweet Honesty by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.