Designers » A » Chypre Floral « Groups

Timeless Avon for women

Timeless Avon for women
dislike

aldehydic

Timeless by Avon is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Timeless was launched in 1974. Top notes are aldehydes, gardenia, peach, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are iris, patchouli, jasmine, cedar and rose; base notes are tonka bean, amber, opoponax, musk and vanilla.

Aldehydes Gardenia Peach Bergamot Lemon

Stetson

Timeless Fragrance Reviews

alahoop
alahoop

This is a seriously gorgeous perfume. I keep reading about it, and I've been wanting to try it for a while, so when I stumbled across two vintage bottles at an estate sale, for $1 each, I grabbed them.

I normally like to take notes when I wear a perfume for the first time, but I put this on this morning, and then the zipper on my daughter's coat broke and I spent the day shopping for a new one so she'd have something to wear to school tomorrow. It was nice when I put it on, but not stunning. I remember thinking "Oh, I hope it doesn't go funky on me while I am out."

After a few hours though? Oh my. So beautiful. I keep seeing this compared to Vol de Nuit, which I am not familiar with, though I do see a resemblance to L'Heure Bleue, which I have. At any rate, if you handed me an unmarked vial of Timeless and told me it was Guerlain, I'd totally believe you.

Longevity is good too. I can still smell this after ten hours. The drydown is musky, but not the "Avonade" that I get from so many Avon perfumes. This is a great floral chypre--certainly one of the best budget ones I have come across, and maybe my favorite Avon scent. I see that not everybody loves it, but if you come across a bottle, it's worth a try.

I know that some have compared it to Shalimar and Emeraude, but I just don't see the resemblance. Timeless is much more floral to me. Shalimar and Emeraude have a lot of vanilla, and Timeless has just a hint. I love Emeraude and wear it often, it's more powdery vanilla on me. In Timeless, I get only hints of powder and vanilla, with more soft, cool green floral notes.

Chava
Chava

Avon Timeless is, well, timeless. Such a classic! It smells so much like Emeraude, one of my favorite perfumes of all time. It's warm, rich, and womanly. If you layer it with the coordinating body lotion and powder, it lasts all day. If you're a fan of Emeraude of Shalimar, check out Timeless. Such a nice departure from modern sticky-sweet scents!

francie79
francie79

This is such a classic and I'm so glad Avon is still making it. I grew tired of most of my Avon perfumes but I still adore this one and always will. I can smell the cedar, patchouli, amber, woods and a touch of leather...so soothing on a cool autumn day. If you love vintage and old school fragrances, you need to try this. A must imo for the fall/winter months!

The_Entity
The_Entity

This reminds me a little of Femme by Rochas or Tabu by Dana, but the gardenia freshens the heavy powder, making it more suitable to wear for warm weather as well as cold. Love the vintage avon, glad they've kept this going

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I still remember this lingering around from when I was 7 years old in about 1989 at the house where I got my cat from. I remembered it and then when I smelled it on someone at work, I just HAD to know what it was called and it was Timeless. Beautiful fragrance.

distortech
distortech

One of the the best ever, the end. Love it.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

Years and years since smelling this while experiencing many more, today I saw a bottle and did a big spritz. This is Rochas Femme's twin sister! Equally scandalous yet mysteriously beautiful at the same time. While Timeless is called a floral chypre and RF is a fruity one, I can hardly tell the difference in the two, right down to cumin-like body odor note my skin does not handle well. It is so very much like the famously infamous Femme, even the peach is outstanding to me and I would say it is more fruity than floral. I LOVE it, just as I adore Femme. It has all the deep, rich, resinous notes I love. The oppoponax and amber is highly addictive but strangely, I do not detect much 'chouli. Same sweet level but not as juicy/spicy as femme, Timeless is still femme's twin with minor distinctions as twins have.

Wow! I congratulate Avon on such a phenomenal replica of the loveliest yet skankiest perfume in history and I mean that as a seriously high compliment. Femme still compels me though I cannot do the cumin-ish note in Timeless or Femme. Since cumin is not listed in either I still have no idea what is pulling it but something cumin is definitely very present in both. I cannot wear Timeless, but I admire it's composition and blend. Lovely! ... on someone else. :)

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

This one will be best friends with Shalimar, Youth Dew, Elixir Aromatics... Very classic, very strong, love or hate, old school. Long lasting perfume ! Check it before buy...

heather62
heather62

I have always been drawn to chypre florals, having worn Diva, Fendi, and Knowing a lot in the past. Somewhat masculine smells appealed to me more in the past. But Timeless, while a bit loud when first put on, is a very nice fragrance, a great value, and long lasting. For as long as I can remember, I have always had a bottle of this. Very easy to find on Ebay for a very good price.

If you like chypres at all, it's worth trying.

Timeless will stay on me all day. I love that I can still smell it hours later.

I really hope that Avon does not discontinue this or change the formulation for it.

I recently bought 2 bottles on Ebay for about $20.

bonnie52
bonnie52

I started wearing cologne at a very young age, mostly Avon Here's my Heart, which I ADORE. I always knew when the Avon lady had been there because she always wore Timeless and the scent would linger in the house. I couldn't wait till i was old enough to wear it. I began wearing it in my teens and I always have it in my perfume collection to this day 30+ years later. I absolutely LOVE it! Liquid gold!

BethiaCharlotte
BethiaCharlotte

Everytime I apply this I hate the initial smell for the first 10-15mins but then it settles down to smell really sumptuous and powdery, which I am always pleasantly surprised by. Its something that I tend to reach for more in the winter as its quite a warm and comforting smell. I always get complimented on how lovely I smell when I wear this one!

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

Well, I am almost embarrassed to write this review. Call this confessions of a brand snob, if you will. And Timeless gets a particularly bad rap.

Even with the lightest application, it went on rough; I mean really rough. The combination of the aldehydes, sharp lemon, and the heavy amber, bitter incense-y opoponax, and musty cedar rose immediately to the surface and rushed out in a jangle. What peach or gardenia there was supposed to be was drowned out. I reminded myself that I don't like opoponax anyway and wondered why I even tried this sample on.

Then a strange thing happened. The notes began to calm, coalesce. The vanilla and tonka intensified. A cool, powdery iris began to become prominent. The amber and the opoponax begin to complement one another as the aldehydes subsided. The musk was present, but there was too much else going on for it to dominate.

My skin still doesn't particularly favor resins, but dare I say it, this smells... not bad. If you are still unconvinced, perhaps you should search the notes iris, incense, vanilla and tonka. You might even like this better than some that share these notes.

Like with some other, older perfumes, the key is not to over-apply. How to you avoid this: spray some on a cotton ball and apply from that. You may find yourself with a happy result.

Debra1

My spelling on this is embarassing, Well I review Timeless and watch it, I either Love or hate oriental sents, no inbetween about it, However Timeless I have mixed feelings about. It's not all together unplesent However at first It s comes off quite strong, it's way too much of a Hevy Chypre Sent, kind of like bland amber with out much of the sweetness of amber, and in order to experience the florals or the powderyness, the spicy notes or any personality from it. You have to wait a half hour to 45 minutes and I just don't have the patience with it. Even Orientals, I still expect some sweetness from or they ar just not feminine, you just get bssicly a mens colone or something a woman whould wear from a bygone time, or the Perfume has been sitting around for years in an Antique Store. Excuse the term this is what I call Old Ladyish, not becasue Timeless has been around a while, not because it's an Oriental, Is becasue of the lack of Other notes other then bland Amber at first, If you got the patience with it or Very Mature Sents is what you like, then Timess May be Up your Ally or if Not and you like Avon and Like the Resonable Prices of Avon and Like Oridentals Consider Far Away when it goes on Sale several times a Year at 10 to 12 dollars, I like this sent much better only for a few dollars more.

Debra1

Generaly I have 2 reactions to Oriental sents, I Love then or I hate them, Timeless is the first Oridental sent that I'm in beweet about, I comes off as too Strong, giving it a chance to get to like it it does have a few sweet notes to it and give it enough time it get a bit more mellow an powdery, but I'm not to sure that I have the patience to wait that long to get to like it more, and the better soide of timless takes a bit longer than 10 to 15 minutes to show it self. Wile waiting for the kinder genler side to show up, this is the first sent I ever called Old Ladyish, not becasue it's been around for a long time, not Becasue it's an Oriental, not becasue it's Strong Oriental, but becasue it's lenthy introduction does not show enough sweet or soft or pwdery notes. It's to Much of a Heavy Chypre Sent, that semell like it's been in an antique store forever, that Gradma would have worn, if you like Mature sents it might be up your ally it's not all together unplesent, and give it up to a half an hour or 45 minutes realticly, it gets better if you got the patience. I got a suggestion if you like Avon, and Avons reasonable prices, wait till Far Away is on Sale and Purchase a Great Oriental for 10 to 12 dollars.

adair58
adair58

Timeless is, well, Timeless. It's from another era at Avon-meaning they really haven't changed the formula too much, or updated the bottle or packaging. Or, raised the price. It is not like the thirty or so :) floral-fruity fluffies they have put out lately...it is powerful. (I am suprised they still make it). It's not for the fans of those, at all.

The opening is strong and sharp with pointy edges, but wait a few minutes and there is that oppoponax, and that amber-softening all. A powdery middle that holds true for me, not degrading into just powder but holding true to the floral notes. Not a definite rose, for me, but a tiny bouquet of flowers. It all stays together, not falling apart-until you wash it off.

Today was a cold, raw and wet day, perfect for something classic and Timeless.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

This review is for the vintage cologne. Someone who knows that I collect perfumes found a small bottle of Timeless at a yard sale and brought it to me. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I'm really not into Avon scents, so I thanked them and put it away. Then one day, on a whim, I decided to try it and was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed it. My problem with Avon scents are that they usually smell of lesser quality materials. My late maternal grandmother could never afford good perfumes, so she wore Avon scents and when I smelled Timeless, I was immediately transported back to her home. I didn't know back then what she wore, but upon smelling Timeless, I knew that this was it. Everything smelled like it My mother had great taste in perfume until, ironically, she became anosmic. I remember her wearing Chanel No.5 and 19, Arpege, and Bakir among others, and even then, I could tell the difference between the kinds of scents my mother chose and the perfume my grandmother wore. Whenever my mother tried to gift my grandmother with better perfumes, she refused to wear anything, but her Avon. Fast forward more years than I care to say, I am wearing Timeless as I have my morning coffee and write this and I'm thoroughly enjoying it and not caring that the materials aren't more expensive (even though this would be killer if they were). This is a strange chypre that seems to straddle many chypre categories and on me it's slightly animalic (which makes me happy),even though there aren't any animalic materials listed...unless it's a slightly fecal jasmine note. Timeless has become one of those cheap, guilty pleasure scents that I wear in secret to satisfy myself, like when I'm home all day or at bedtime.

I don’t love the opening of Timeless, but give it a few minutes, and wow! This is really soft, resinous, warm, powdery scent. This is missing the strong mossiness and aldehydes I expect from vintage chypres, but it maintains that old school spicy woodiness I love about vintages. Oppoponax is definitely the strongest note here, and I am so glad Avon has not discontinued this like so many of their other classics.

mamisserious
mamisserious

My co-worker has this on today and it is STRONG. I don't normally like chypres (spelling) but haven't had many experiences with them so I'm not sure WHAT exactly about them I don't like. In any event, the majority of the base notes are right in line with what I usually like ( musk, vanilla, amber, tonka bean) and while I'm not a fan of patchouli in any note, I don't really notice it here. What I do notice is an overwhelming powder note in a bad way. Not like powdering a baby's bottom but more like you doused yourself in gasoline then rolled around in powder. It is SO STRONG that I can smell her perfume lingering in a part of the office that is at least 100 feet away. It's just too much! Sitting next to her has given me a headache in the short 3 hours that she's been here!I've never smelled this before and frankly don't want to ever again. It smells heavy (like Estee Lauder Youth Dew) and it's very thick in the air! I love heavily applied scents but this one has been overdone for me!!! Two thumbs down!!!!

fayegiblin
fayegiblin

This is a great cheap perfume and was the one I used when younger and had very little money. Got loads of compliments too.

If you like a cheapo bottle in the desk drawer or for spraying around when not really going anywhere - get some. For the price you'll pay, you will be pleasantly surprised how expensive this smells.

Although it has a slight heady appeal, it is still slightly girly but not flowery or powdery... I get a feeling of the oriental and was surprised there was no sandalwood in it.

Get some if you are on a budget, spray too much, use cheaper perfumes on days when you don't go out, or leave a bottle in the office desk, bathroom for visitors, or just to use as perfume maybe :) It's really nice.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Timeless is an incredible scent for the few dollars it costs. There is a current version available through Avon's catalogs and vintages are available. There are discernable differences between the two that should be noted.
While the vintage Timeless plays the aldehydes strongly, the newer version is a creamier mix of honeyed vanilla that hits right away. The honeyed vanilla mix takes time in the vintage to arrive, but the wait is well worth it. The vintage version lasts much, much longer, is deeper in tone and reminiscent of Shalimar. Gardenia brings greenness, iris brings a rich earthiness, while jasmine carries this scent strongly to wonderful heights. There are so many notes in this perfume that mix together wonderfully to make it a blend that is pleasantly aromatic, elegant and one that belies its' own price tag.
Timeless is a perfume that could be worn anywhere-to dinner, to an event, to a gallery or with jeans. It is a perfume that wears the person, the person doesn't wear it. It is a mature fragrance, one that reminds you of notes found in many other remembered classics, like Shalimar or Emeraude or one of the Chanels. Its' rich warmth is its' own elegance.
This is a fragrance that is wearable year-round and since Avon offers shower gels, body creams and deodorants at a ridiculously low price, you can pamper yourself with a complete set.
Timeless wraps itself around you with a graceful quality reminiscent of older perfumes. You can wrap yourself in its luxuriousness easily just as you would an over-sized cable-knit sweater or a tuxedo jacket. It just fits quality, whatever you're wearing, whatever you're doing. It ripens into a mature scent that fully explores its many faceted notes as the hours go by. For its price, it absolutely cannot be beat. It fools many when they attempt to guess what perfume it is that you're wearing, and there is a reason why. The tonka bean, the opoponax, the vanilla, the patchouli and the amber are all similar ingredients to a few heavyweights in the classic perfume market and Timeless incorporates them excellently.
Vintage Timeless takes longer to develop on your skin, works longer to develop through its notes and stages and is more full-bodied. With today's version of Timeless, its end is its beginning. It packs a punch, yes, but you miss the soapy aldehydes in the beginning. The older bottle is amber glass, silverish-gold cap, cognac-colored liquid splash and 2 oz. The new is in a clear spray bottle with a rose hued cap, a light golden liquid and 1.7 oz. Longevity is about four hours for the new and much longer for the vintage.
Both versions are wonderful. The choice to make is whether you want to explore a more vintage feel for aldehydes and a soapy feel, a journey through a perfumes character when you choose the older version or if you'd rather go for the gusto with the newest version which gives you the immediate sense of scent. There is no wait, you arrive at your final destination immediately. Either way, Timeless should be a perfume every woman should try.

akats
akats

Timeless was my new discovery. After smelling a decant that a kind member gifted me (thanks so much drugstore classics !!!), I bought a vintage mini dated from 70's. It was much different than I had expected. Sweeter and more resinous. Is it a chypre floral? Well...yes, slightly earthy but with a strong oriental side with woody facets too. Vintage Timeless feels more ambery and balsamic. Maybe it was composed that way but may be its top notes have been fizzled out after all these years, so the scent lacks of brillance during the first minutes. I wish I could enjoy the fruits but I won't complain about it. I like it even that way. So, after a short development of its middle notes, where florals swirl shyly on my skin, it passes hastily on the base. Actually, this is the smell that characterizes the fragrance almost from the beginning. Wafts of amber, tonka, opoponax and vanilla emerge during the day to remind me of its presence and wrap me with its warmth. Sometimes I have the impression that iris, cedar and patcouli are always hidden somewhere inside the dry down, as the balmy composition has also a dry, powdery well balanced texture.

My question/thought if it was only inspired from "Titans" such as Miss Dior and Vol de Nuit, or tried to borrow some of their past glory, doesn't need to be answered. I don't care even if it seems so decadent nowadays and of cheapened quality. Timeless...is timeless as it was named, and for me the vintage version is a marvelous scent worth having it beside the expensive french iconic ones.

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

I got a vintage bottle of this on eBay and wore it over to my mother's yesterday. She said I smelled amazing, and when I showed her the bottle, she smiled and told me that her mother used to wear Timeless. My grandmother was a beautiful, classy lady who ran her own beauty salon and had a lot of Avon products. She passed when I was very young, and I enjoy feeling connected to her in this small way. Timeless is a feminine scent without all the obnoxious florals and fruits that get categorized as "feminine". It's soft, but strong. A delightful fragrance.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Vous ne m'empecherez pas de penser que ce petit Chef d'Oeuvre est une petite soeur de Miss Dior.
Le jasmin est travaillé de la même façon, c'est à dire opulent, rond, ce même gardénia (pour avoir du gardénia soit l'on associe plusieurs fleurs entre elle soit on utilise l’acétate de styrallyle), ce même patchouli, ces mêmes épices.
Chez Timeless l'assemblage est plus poudré, plus rond, plus chaud.
Chez Miss Dior c'est plus floral, plus solaire avec ses fleurs d'été.
En tout cas j'aime les deux car ils ont leur propre personnalité.
Miss Dior c'est la jeune fille sage des années 50 bien qu'il fut créé en 1947.
Chez Avon c'est la new yorkaise très BCBG, fréquentant les Hamptons, un peu working girl d'avant les années 80 puisque Timeless a été créé en 1974.

Quand au prix ! Alors là ! Timeless est vraiment "ravish".. hahahaha. Un grand parfum pour moins de 15 €, il faut aller chercher loin les filles !

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

For $7 USD - this is the best bang for the buck I've had in a long time. The sillage and longevity are amazing. It is an older type fragrance meaning that many notes may not appeal to new-comers. However, if the retro vibe is your thing, this is a great and gorgeous fragrance. There's a deliciousness to it - caramel and vanilla accord like those in the Shalimar-type fragrances and not like newer candy-scented perfumes. There is also a powdery note as well. I like powdery perfumes, they feel glamorous to me. I don't want to say this perfume is "mature" because that may imply the dreaded "OL" reference which I don't believe in...what I'm saying is that I feel like a grown-up lady which I am but still...it's all the good things about being an adult and a woman - can take charge in any situation but able to comfort as well. There's nothing wrong with that.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

The Vintage version of this is DIVINE!!!! What in the heck have they done to in the last ten years or so?????? More manly and dry down is not sweet at all like the vintage. I don't like the new version at all but the vintage is THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF IT. I will keep waring this until I can't find the vintage any longer but for now I stock up on every bit I can get. Thankfully, its not highly sought after..........ALL THE MORE FOR ME!!!! YAY!!!

RavenNess
RavenNess

This review is about the spray, the cream, and the powder version of Timeless. I know you shouldn't categorize perfumes into age groups, but it is 2013 & I'm 29. Just throwing that out there. This Xmas, an elderly friend of mine passed a lovely scarf on to me and it smelled so good. Mom told me the smell was "Timeless". When Avon had a sale to get Timeless cream, 2 powders, and the EdT spray, I decided I would salvage the cream and powders for myself this winter and hand the spray onto my friend who gave me the lovely smelling scarf. Today my Avon package came. It is 80 degrees outside but I decided to put a tiny bit of the cream on just to try it out. I would never typically wear it in hot weather like today, but it is going to be so nice in the winter under sweaters and scarves. It is powdery, but not baby powdery and leathery but not screeching. It is kind of earthy too (I am a PEO patchouli girl, myself, much to my husband's dismay...He loves vetiver, which I smell in this, I think.) I really like it a lot. And the cream is not too strong, kind of an earthy soapy leather. I don't know many people my age who wear powder...but I don't feel fresh without it, and I LOVE the powder of this...I didn't spray myself with the spray because I am giving it to my friend but I smelled it out of the bottle and I could tell...it was going to be POWERFUL....and I know because the scarf was given to me at Christmas, and now it is May and it still smells like Timeless. I mentioned my age because I think it would be associated with with an older age group, but I think it fits my personality....retro type, listens to old music, wears vintage clothes, frequents used book stores. So, I'm 29, and this winter, I'll be 30 and I plan on wearing the cream and powder OFTEN!

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This is "The MOTHER SHIP" of fragrances. It is one of those fragrances that states... "I am the woman in charge, you are safe in my protection". I could see a principal of schools wearing this, along with CEO's, the matriarch of a family, women in leadership positions - or those that are trying to rise to that position. There is a very stabilizing feeling that I "get" after the initial BLAST. This dries down into a scent that is as reliable as the historic pyramids found in Egypt.

----------------

This has that deep, rich quality about it like the spectacularly BOLD fragrances of the 1980's... the legendary fragrances that have silage that extends out about 5 feet from the person wearing it, where everyone can get a good "whiff" of you as you walk into a room.

The initial blast of perfume spray registers an incredibly STRONG and BOLD note of mahogany furniture polish with a strong cinnamon type aroma, almost reminiscent of Christmas in a Victorian home. That's the visual image that I am "getting" just from smelling this awhile. There is a nostalgic retro type elegance to this that would lend itself well to the woman who likes to wear vintage fashions and to dress in the styles of the 1930's and 40's Hollywood starlet fashion plate styles.

If I were going to compare this to other fragrances, I would say that this is in the same depth and family of scents - as Shalimar, Fendi, Coco Chanel (the original that was so popular in the 1980's).

----------------

After trying Rare Pearls and Rare Gold by Avon, I decided to try Timeless - because of all of the positive reviews that I have seen on this fragrance.

Let me just say, that this goes on very STRONG! This is potent, much like the same way that Rare Gold goes on. I will be very interested to see how this particular fragrance wears over time - and will be curious to find out if it has the same type of fabulously great dry downs and morning after scents as Rare Pearls and Rare Gold.

The first BLAST of this, it is going really super strong. Someone else used the analogy that this smelled very similar to Shalimar. I can see that, yes-- I would agree... there is something about this fragrance that reminds me of Shalimar. This is slightly less intrusive (with my chemistry) than the way I remember Shalimar to be.

Timeless-- only time will tell, the initial 5-10 minute are super STRONG! Use sparingly! This has an almost "bathroom spray" type aroma when the first notes hit the chord upon the initial spraying. This could definitely remind you of a "more mature" type fragrance, so (in my opinion) you would want to spray this about at least an hour before exiting your home for an event of ANY kind!

20 minutes into the spraying and it is softening down, but taking on more of a deep rich cinnamon type smell with my skin. It is NOT "bad"... but then again, not exactly what I was expecting... at the same time. I'm still testing this...

--------------

What I've determined after wearing this fragrance...
I like the "stability factor" of this fragrance and feel that it definitely sends a very good "business message"- but it is not one of the better mixes with my personal chemistry. It isn't calling to me to wear it again... simply because I feel that it is a bit too heavy on me. Eau du Soir actually wears a LOT less intrusively on me, and THAT is a very STRONG scent.

This is a fabulous fragrance and could be worn by a number of different women for different occasions. It is classic, elegant, and has a very good dry-down... but it is heavy enough and has notes within it that would not be a fragrance that I would wear all that often, living in Southern CA. I feel that this would be one of those fragrances that I would use if living in a colder climate. It has a warmth to it that really could HEAT THINGS UP... but would possibly be over powering in a warmer climate.

The Hot Water/Jacuzzi Test -
This was one of those fragrances that completely wore off, which is a good thing to know-- because you could wear this in the morning/afternoon - then take a shower/bath... and you could start with a fresh fragrance without this interfering in any way. However, you would want to do your own test to make sure that your chemistry didn't absorb it, anymore than mine did.

The Bottle Design -
This fragrance deserves a much better bottle design revamp. As it stands right now, the current bottle is very generic and doesn't really tell me a single thing about what the fragrance is like. This perfume is much better than the bottle design... don't let this stop you from trying it. This truly could be a perfect perfume on you. It is definitely registering on the upper crust list.

--------------

This fragrance is a bit more mature. I hate to say that, because I typically find that the remark that people make about some of my more full-bodied and substantial fragrances are "more mature" really becomes a burr under my saddle at times. But this fragrance has a depth and quality to it that would require an older woman to carry this off, or at least a very sophisticated woman to pull this off. This could easily be a fragrance that wears the wearer... if you catch my drift. Only wear if you can pull this one off! You will know from the first sampling how this one wears on you! It could be perfect with your chemistry, or may smell as if this is quite over powering.

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

There is something about this that I like, and something that I do not like. Off the bat, I do not like the vanilla. It is completely unnecessary. Not sure what it is that I like. Something almost masculine. I am a bit of a newbie with fragrances, so I can't identify all the notes as well as others.
It kind of smells cheap... and I am positive that the vanilla is the culprit (aside from this being an Avon fragrance, that is...). There is a slight plastic-like scent that I detect, and I kind of like it. I could also do without the rose and peach, but those notes are very faint, so they aren't a problem.
I generally like jasmine, musk, patchouli, bergamot... and I think I like iris, cedar, and gardenia, but those aren't the notes that I detect that I like.

Basically, this one confuses me. I think I may try some other scents with notes similar to this (is it the opopnax that I like? The amber?).

Also, I am noticing that eventually, Avon scents have a note that scream AVON (like CK and Lancome have notes that nobody else has, but they have it in every scent...) What is this? I find that these AVON!!!, CK!!!, LANCOME!!!, notes are generally unattractive. What on earth is Avon's "Avon note"?

Anyway... if you can get this one for free or very cheap, I don't see why not give it a try.. If for no other reason than to just have fun and figure out what notes you like and dislike (especially if you, like me, are a 'newbie' with fragrances).

jake.shouse

O'k i wore this all day and i kinda like it but i may wear it sometimes but its too sweet!

jake.shouse

i like it but it smells alot like Obsession/Tabu for women kinda both in one bottle! Not bad!

Bajar
Bajar

Are you a classic chypres lover? Try Timeless! Do you want to purchase a very elegant perfume with some history behind it but without selling half of your holdings for this? Try Timeless! Do you want to combine three perfume houses in one and still feel classy and unique? Try Timeless! (No, I'm not an Avon rep., I'm just a passionate oldies enthusiast).
I wanted to buy it because of the similarity to Femme and because we are both the same age. From the first smell I could see that it's an adorable perfume and it's totally my style. Mossy, woody and feminime, but not like Femme. To be honest, the opening on my skin reminded me the opening of the classic Miss Dior, which I love. That lasted about half an hour and when it dried, it transformed to Femme's twin sister but less "fatale". Now, after wearing it for two hours, it's still very beautiful but also powdery like a cheerful cousin of Shalimar.
I think that it is a great perfume, maybe the best of all Avon's perfumes. The one and only dissent I would like to express is for the new bottle.

Osusanna
Osusanna

This one is special to me because it is different from what's new on the market yet still remains relevant. This is Avon's best, in my opinion. A classic fragrance that is well-blended, smart and elegant. It's difficult to describe the notes on this one, but I do catch the tonka bean in there that lends just a bit of powder along with some florals and then also the chypre element. A great find, easy on the pocketbook and works well with my chemistry.

umtaleb
umtaleb

The new bottle is terrible to look at, really. However the fragrance is very interesting and complex. I can't wear Shalimar, body chemistry issue, or maybe the civet.

Timeless has a similar feeling to Shalimar but with less bedhead. Timeless is much easier to wear.

Longevity: long lasting on skin and clothing.
Sillage: rather heavy.

Note: be careful where you spray; the scent will linger for ages in a confined area.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

This is seriously great, compared to new Avon's releases - this one is bold, classic and sophisticated. To me, the only Avon fragrance that truly stands out from their crowd of bland, public pleasing fragrances.

If you enjoy fruity-floral-soapy smells done by Avon these days - you won't like this.
If you like aldehydes/balmy scents, classic Miss Dior from 47', Arpege, No5 but your budget suffers on the very thought of these classics - get this instead! I will be getting this to wear in the evenings, when I will be wearing my red lipstick and when I feel like wearing Chanel no5, which I don't have!

I have a very old bottle of this one and I've only tried the new formulation of Rochas Femme. Based on what I've tried, I'd say the drydown of Timeless is superior, but the opening is less pleasant. I think of this as an ambery chypre, but of course florals are obvious. The iris and amber give it a bit of a powdery quality as well. Nicely done by Avon, but of course it's not currently fashionable among the masses.

UPDATE: Eventually, the amber largely takes over and it's very well done.

tsth
tsth

This fragrance is so classically, beautifully vintage.
It is so warm and glamorous to me. When I wear this I am overwhelmed by the feeling of beautiful. I really am amazed that this is Avon because it smells so expensive.

princesszaida
princesszaida

It smells so classic. I don't think its exceptionally unique, but I really love it. I tend to go for perfumes that have a powdery dry down and this fits in. It smells way more expensive than what I actually paid for it ($2!!). I use it for casual wear, but it could be great for nights out too because its a little heavy.

wonderstrucksomeday
wonderstrucksomeday

My Mom owns this perfume, and has had it for a long time. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it smells like. It's kind of spicy, but soft. I like it.

mariasara
mariasara

What a wonderful gift from a dear american friend! this is absolutely marvelous, as if all the great chypres were combined into one! It reminds me of miss dior-original,of mitsouko, of the older Lauder´s, with something of arpege-original. This is a very good perfume, with superior quality (living in Europe, I´m surprised to know that it´s not expensive) If you are a chypre fan please give it a try.

wendyyparty
wendyyparty

Femme Rochas' twin sister, I like this girl better ;)

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

This is a really very nice fragrance, too bad I didn't find it sooner. Thank you Jackson Spines for the free full bottle!

I must say that I never considered wearing Avon before joining this forum but I have now acquired quite a few.

Timeless reminds me of Femme Rochas and eerily like one of my signatures, Estée Lauder Private Collection. It's dry, a little on the green side, and some kind of powdery softness. I wonder if aldehydes or iris is the culprit.

Crispy and clean, not really grassy but a green freshness. I tend to dislike fruit and citrus but a few of my favorites, Patchouli, Amber, Cedar, and Jasmine hold me down and won't let me escape. Feels like a classic scent, no bubblegum, no pralines, just femininity and class. I'm impressed Avon! ^5!

apotter
apotter

this was the first perfume that was bought for me by my gran when i was a young girl and i always have a bottle somewhere it is a strong perfume i like this best when i smell it on scarf a couple of days after spraying sometimes i can smell it on my clothes when they have been washed and ironed for me it brings back happy chilhood memories and of course always reminds me of gran.

ggkeller
ggkeller

Spray this outside! The first spray is so strong that it probably turns most people away. I liked it when it dried to the middle notes, it settled on my skin quite lovely. Also this one is one of Avon's that last long.

RonaRona93
RonaRona93

Avon Timeless will be back as a limited edition and with new design but the same old juice on the market this DECEMBER in Avon !!!

Koralanne
Koralanne

I wore this some years back in the winter and with the fall weather started craving it again. I have not yet worn it out this time around but have this to confess I find this scent to be absolutely intoxicating. Immediately after sraying it smells somewhat rancid and don't know if it is, but as soon as it settles in it's like a drug. Spicy, but sweet and balmy as well. One spray is enough, something else I love.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Whew! This is one strong old gal...not for the faint-hearted! A very strong aldehyde opening, but it eventually dries down to a lovely powdery vintage boudoir scent. Heaps of opoponax, amber, patchouli, and dries down to a lovely powdery cedar.

A very mature scent that is so nice when paired with the body cream and dusting powder. Lovely for the Fall and Winter months. I am wearing it right now while it is snowing sipping hot tea and I feel so nice and cozy.:)

MadameBlueMonarch
MadameBlueMonarch

My mother loved this fragrance. She was a disabled but incredibly strong woman and she shone when she wore it. It is impossible to smell it and not think of her, glowing in her Sunday best.

Review of Timeless Update:

I just received my 4-piece set of Timeless today. With the very first spray I knew this was gonna be the perfume for me.......but I felt conflicted. I could not figure out what this perfume was all about upon first blast of spray, due to the combination of notes emerging at the onset. I knew it was old-fashioned; just the kind I love...but oh so sophisticated and gorgeous! Something you don't find in fragrances anymore, but long for. Since it was produced back in 1974, you pretty much get a snapshot of the types of fragrances made in that decade...classy & unique. Anyway, in a short while it transitioned into notes reminiscent of "Intimate" by Revlon, a vintage and discontinued fragrance from the '50's. After it settled down, it evolved into a nice woody, vanilla, & amber boquet while still retaining the integrity of the top notes. What an interesting journey of so many different notes, from the first spray until the drydown...and let me tell you...that first spray is just INCREDIBLE. Can't completely decipher exactly what I'm sensing in the top notes but they were glorious. I definitely smell the woodiness, amber & vanilla at the end...but most certainly do not detect cedar; not at all. I also notice with this fragrance that even tho there's top, middle, and base notes in the description, it seems to come on pretty fierce with the top notes, but then simmer down fairly quickly to the base notes, not really revealing itself very strongly with the middle notes. The shimmering body powder is a nice compliment to the perfume, and carries a very nice soft; subtle scent of Timeless. I spent so little and now have a new fragrance that is a throw-back to the '70's. I'm all about the vintage fragrances because they have a very special quality all of their own.

Thank you all for providing informative and detailed reviews that helped me in my decision to purchase this fragrance. So happy Avon is still producing this little treasure of a perfume. This is NOT your typical Avon; you MUST give it a try. I will definitely be ordering more of this in the future! Love it!!

Ladyofthe80s

Being a lover of vintage perfumes, and after seeing so many rave reviews for Timeless by Avon not only on this website but 3 others, I had to order a bottle and see for myself. I was curious and am always looking for a new fragrance to add to my collection. I got it for an amazingly inexpensive price so if it does not work out, no big loss. I don't really care for most of the newer Avon fragrances (or even some of the vintage), but did order way back in the 70's when the bath oils, talcum powders, perfumes, and lotions were so much lovlier and you would actually get a quality product (Sweet Honesty being one of my favorites in High School). But I absolutely love the warm woodsy, amber, vanilla, and musk combination in fragrances, so perhaps Timeless could work, especially since many reviews state that its not typical Avon. Don't know yet, but when I receive my bottle in a few days, I'll come back to give my honest review of this fragrance. :o)

drugstore classics

Thanks, Jasmasid, for your thoughts on this little beauty. You are so right about it being a good scent to start the day! Laugh if you like, but I even love the bottle, including the way if feels in my hand. At Ulta and Nordstrom I recently tried a great many expensive scents, and the only ones that measured up (in my humble opinion) were Shalimar and the new Le Parfum by Elie Saab. It has a bitter wood (oud?) note, combined with lovely orange blossom, that really stands out. Le Parfum seems somewhat old fashioned, but in a good way - like Timeless. Do any of you have any unique / old fashioned favorites in this approximate category?

By the way, I do not mean to imply that Le Parfum and Timeless smell at all alike, only that they have a quality of bitter / gorgeously sweet florals / wood scent, that seems somewhat unique. I'm so happy fragrantica included Timeless on the site!

jasmasid
jasmasid

This really does smell far more expensive than it is. For some strange reason, I like it first thing in the morning. Makes me feel wide awake and like I'm about to go out somewhere special. It is a bit of a strange mixture of fragrances -- florals & greens with aldehydes upfront -- but very, very long-lasting with excellent sillage. Highly recommended. I wonder why they don't promote it harder? It's also good as a base layer for many perfumes and still manages to seep through and keep its own personality. I'm never without a bottle of this one. Timeless indeed! (Very well named.)

drugstore classics

This magic - in - a - bottle is my favorite winter scent and likely to remain so. I'm new to fragrances and not burdened by many negative memories of "old" scents, as so few of the grownups in my childhood wore any. I grew up loving the way Jovan musk smelled on my parents, while being fully aware that it wasn't 'me'.

I've looked a long time for a dark, musky fragrance with the warmth of Jovan and the Charisma of a Chypre. This is it! There is a bitter note here that combines perfectly on me with the powder, amber, and cedar. Amber and Cedar lovers may be pleasantly surprised by this bargain. It is not an exaggeration to say that I have never tried anything (including the Chanels) that smelled more Expensive on me. Try the $ 2-3 skin softener first, like I did, for the least risk. This isn't typical Avon!

chain

I just received my bottle and l totally love it...l dont get the fuzz pple are making about this fragrance,this smells like shalimar...this is a great fume for a cheap price tag.

diana.barrientos
diana.barrientos

Horrible, i hate it, too strong synthetic smell of alcohol, gave me a huge headache

chain

I just ordered this ,will be posting my review in two weeks time....

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I don't care for this. I like Imari by Avon and thought I would like this, but it is too bitter/chemically/musky to me. I don't get any complex notes, just an overpowering bitter muskiness that is almost moldy. I'm returning it to my Avon lady.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I wore this a bit too much I think... Either they reformulated it or my skin amped the notes but it somehow turns bitter and dry on me... It has a strong sillage and great longevity but unfortunately, I have turned to gourmands. Surely a classic and one that deserves attention !

pfcs
pfcs

This is an Avon scent that smells more expensive than it is. I am always amazed at how many men compliment me on the scent when I wear it.

damewolf13
damewolf13

Polorisking really hit the nail on the head with his review of this.
This is a strong rich heady scent best worn in cooler weather.
I catch florals, and green notes, mixed with the rich spices that bring depth, and longevity to this addictive scent.
It is a fragrance that had to grow on me(I once hated it), and now I can't imagine a time when I wasn't in love with it! This is a scent that you will either absolutely love or hate, but however you feel about it, you will have a strong opinion.
Sillage and longevity are both amazing.

polarisking
polarisking

A strange but fascinating essence, there is a hint of acrid and bitter opoponax that is interesting in this fragrance with floral blend of roses, jasmine and gardenia, cedar gives persistence to this union. The predominant fruity lemon and bergamot at first, combined with wood, tonka bean and opoponax make it a bit strong, but the drydown starts to smell sweeter and keep it up for hours in an interesting unfolding of flowers. towards the end is a nice blend of musk, vanilla and patchouli with some peach ... amazing how it changes over time and how long it lasts. It has the complexity and strength that only the classic perfumes as Shalimar or Madame Rochas have. It can be summarized in a classic and classy scent for use only at night and in cold seasons. Distinguished or formal meetings. totally recommended.

nananessa

I started wearing Timeless back when Avon first came out with it. Back then I wasn't interested in the ingredients & compositions of frangrances, I just bought what I liked to smell. Now in researching this fragrance, its easy to see why I have always loved this. It contains several of my very favorite scents, gardenia, woodsy scents, florals that do not turn to an acidic smell on me. This one holds up well for hours, too. Blends well with single note florals, too.

francisrose
francisrose

If you want to indulge in a luxurious scent without breaking the bank, this one is for you! Timeless is a rich woody scent that has a real presence. It is substantial without being overpowering, and will last all day. I love the fact that you can purchase the entire collection including the shimmering bath powder and deodorant. This set employs the old fashioned method of layering fragrance starting with a body creme, powder, followed by the fragrance spray.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This perfume seems to begin with a blast of not only aldehydes, but asfoetida as the opening is somewhat bitter. However, it soon changes into a smooth chypre amber scent, with both comforting and unsettling nuances. I really feel challenged by it and thought straight away that it could have easily been called 'Poison'. It's bittersweet, mossy and dark, and reminds me of forest rituals at night. An unexpected pleasure!

nananessa

I love this classic from Avon. It lasts a long time on me & I love to savor the various stages it goes through while being worn. I started wearing it when I was young & it first came out. I can think of a few more newly "created" fragances that are very similar. I just don't tire of this one!

With so much written about it, it's strong character generates either love for it or repulsion. Its hard to be indifferent about this one. Bold. Seductive. Oriental. Chypre. Earthy. Incensy. Balmy. A treasure for the nominal price in comparison with similar quality olfactory relatives. A must for every Oriental wardrobe.

dixie.von g
dixie.von g

..trully deserve the name: Timeless is a perfume that u will allways love no matter what will came on the market and it's very evocative of old and great perfumes of all time!!!!

mystica
mystica

I remember Timeless what it used to be... It was a heavy (in the good sense of the word), chypre like fragrance. The current reformulated watered down EDT version (the long slim bottle) is soo light and powdery that you can well use it all over as a BODY SPRAY. Totally casual stuff. And its similarity to particularly Odyssey (also to Soft Musk and Night Musk) is STRIKING.
Avon perfumes are so generic nowadays. Whatever, use it, enjoy it. You shouldn't be breaking the bank every time you decide to give yourself a treat.

tgarlina
tgarlina

I just bought this and I love it. It's very earthy and spicy on me, which I like. It's warm, comforting, and a little sexy. I am biased because I love the muskier scents. I'm 30 and I find this to be perfectly age appropriate for me. I think its more about taste and not age with this one. If you don't like floral or sweet scents, then give this one a try.

Lushylori
Lushylori

Well I didn't care for this one at first because I thought it smelled too heavy and Powdery but over time I've been trying to give it a chance and I will say that this one is Nice but only if you just use a little.I have a bad habit of drenching myself in Perfumes before I know If I like them or not lol
I sprayed some on me lastnight before I went to sleep but just a little and it pleased my nose and My man just loved it.
I wouldnt wear this every day but it has its place for sure.
Just remember though...A little dab will do ya :)
If you over spray,you may get a headache :)
Its an ellegant scent but its more suitable for a well matured lady.I am more into the young sweet scents...The ones that make me feel like I rolled around in Sugar heehee :)

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I gave it a try...not for me. I gave it away to an older lady who seem to love it. It's too strong and bitter for my taste (and I like strong perfumes....). It's been around for many years (some people seem to like it)...I guess my chemistry does not go with it.

Dragonfry70
Dragonfry70

This was my signature scent in the early 1990s, when I was still smoking. Now, although I hoped to like it as much, it seems to be a much heavier, more chaotic scent on first application. I tend to prefer chypre florals and there many aspects I like about it. But I am also impatient and as another reviewer noted, the dry down is very nice. So I still like it better than most other Avon fragrances, but it is not for everyone.

millan
millan

I have been testing Timelass for the last couple of day's. I have had it for quite some time.and every time I try it , it felt like a smack on the face!!
so I would run to the sink and scub it off. But I was intrige by it. ...So for these last couple of days I have being testing it. Last night I found the deodarent lotion and talc and decide to do the layering. and went to the supermarket.with my husband. He liked it very much!! And when I wore ot I felt confident and secure and even sexy.!!! After the initial spray it calms down into this beautiful & powdery even woodsy scent. It last a long time& it dosnt smell cheap at all.It is a very unic scent.Those who love chypre shoud give this a try.This is an undiscoverd gem!! This is one I will wear for me & my husbad .

A classic old-style leather based chyrpe. Warm, inviting but definitely not for the unsophisticated fruity floral crowd. You must have attitude for this one and not be afraid to stand out. Lovely and yes, timeless.

mly_tan
mly_tan

I really like this perfume but the only problem is that it doesnt come with a body spray or smaller bottle like the other perfumes have. Also the bottle is different here in Ireland. I prefer the bottle style in the picture above

paraskevid
paraskevid

Timeless is an elegant fragrance, mostly addressed to older women. Longevity is excellent and its quality... timeless!
One of the best of Avon!!

Jomoves
Jomoves

Like so many others here, this was one of the first "adult" perfumes I experienced, and although it is somewhat dated now, I think of Timeless as old friend. I can even remember keeping my mother's empty miniature because I just thought it was so beautiful. I refuse to own a bottle because I have found that this fragrance actually finds me. Only last week I was in an old second hand store and there she was, sitting on a white dresser. I had a quick spray, smiled to myself and put her back.

I could never own this fragrance, because if I did, I know I would tire of her, take her for granted, and she would end up in the back of my cupboard. I would rather we bump into each other unexpectedly, share a few happy memories, then go on with our lives safe in the knowledge that our paths will certainly cross again.

TheFeatheredDuchess
TheFeatheredDuchess

I couldn't quite believe it when I looked at an Avon catalogue after what must be around 30 years and they are still making this perfume!!!
This fragrance has the ability to cross time as all of my friends that smell it on are stopped in their tracks as they all recognise it but can't quite remember where from!
To me this is the smell of Avon catalogues and aunties from the 70s and I love it unashamedly.
I'd agree with some of the other reviewers that it's best suited to a more mature woman, and given I turn 40 next year it's now a firm favourite of mine.
The initial notes are a little sharp as with a lot of chypre florals, however, they are soon sunk in heavenly warm sweetness that lingers and lingers.
For me it's the cedar and amber that make this scent so wonderful and those are the notes I can smell hours and hours after application.
This is a little treasure of a fragrance that has battled it's way through more than 3 decades (she's almost as old as me) and is still going strong. An underrated little gem!

livingdedgrl
livingdedgrl

i actually like timeless...maybe because it reminds me of when i was little and my mom use to wear it. i remember her avon lady use to come to the house every few weeks with her bag full of stuff and would always bring me samples of makeup, perfume, etc... i would get so excited when she would show up!! so maybe that is why i like timeless...brings back happy memories, which are far and few between these days. i haven't wore timeless since i was a young teen ager, and only then because my mom had it, but i wouldn't mind buying a bottle of my own. just received my avon book the other day ...so just maybe i will buy a bottle. if only just to spritz once in a while to remember being young.

isabellaswan
isabellaswan

Una fragancia peligrosa y arriesgada para quienes están acostumbrados a las tendencias modernas. Se necesita tener agallas para usarlo, pero en invierno es una opción original e intensa, con mucho carácter.

devaluxe
devaluxe

I could not love this fragrance any more if I tried!! This is one of my all time favorites. This scent is what sent me on my great journey of the wide world of chypre fragrances. At first spray you know it's going to be a wild ride...all those aldehydes march right up your nasal passages and take no prisoners. You think you just may sneeze and then something transformative happens...the floral scent of the rose and the jasmine gently unfold in the protective cover of the cedar and the patchouli giving a woody escort to the flowers as they lead you into the warm drydown of warm vanilla and mmmmmm,opoponax, that sweet myrrh scent lending the richness fit for queens in the Orient. Long-lasting, opulent, it even "smells" golden. This, although Avon and because of that deemed a "cheap" fragrance, is still a holy grail fragrance for me. It is the fragrance that led me to all the other "higher end" chypres and for that, I'm forever devoted.

marcela86
marcela86

The bottle is so futuristic in my opinion, I like it! The parfume is a trully classic, very strong, almost masculine, so spicy, woody, oily, balsamic, bitter and sweet in the same time...difficult to wear for me. It's not my type, but I'm gonna keep it for special occasions, reminds me of old and beautiful times.

Update: This is very good for mixing. It adds to a fruity-floral a spicy and woody character. I like to mix it with "Up to you" or "J'adore Dior".

i had an aunt while i was growing up who loved her avon perfumes. her favorites were charisma and timeless. i always will remember her when i smell these 2 perfumes, especially timeless which i think was really her favorite of all as she wore it the most. it smelled lovely on her, powdery, woodsy, musky. i loved nuzzling my nose into her neck and getting that scent of floral goodness. wish she was still here. while i don't wear these classics myself i surely respect those that do.
i'm tired of the old lady comments myself. and neg.comments about celeb perfumes as well as avon.
i am 50 yrs old as of this year, and i will wear what i want regardless if it costs 1 dollar or 100 dollars. it dosen't have to say hermes to please me. as long as I like it and it makes me happy, thats what counts. afterall, i am the one wearing it.
you all go girls! wear all your beautiful perfumes proudly, no matter what "house" they come from.

Maeva

Thank you, naheed and krissycat! I'm so glad you share my views. Yes, we sometimes seem to lack this perspective. We never seem to think we are the old ladies of the future, and never think maybe the old ladies from the past had a more daring approach to perfume than we do now. For example, nowadays not everybody can feel at ease wearing creations from the 1940s like Bandit by Germaine Cellier, or even Daltroff's Tabac Blond, from 1919!

And about the role of Avon classics, they were essential to my olfactory education. Maybe I wouldn't be the perfume freak I am now if I hadn't started paying attention to those old romantic scents, and yes, those delightful decanters my mother was so proud to treasure in her perfume wardrobe, those vintage beauties me and my sisters continue to treasure now. Avon helped democratize the culture of perfume, and many of us were able to develop a passion for fragrances we would hardly have had access to otherwise (in spite of the frequent discontinuations and the house's current lack of understanding in many aspects, which are now beside the point).

krissycat
krissycat

I also love your review Maeva. I think Avon itself gets a poor rap sometimes. I've tried to recommend perfumes to friends of mine but as soon as I say Avon they stick their noses up. I don't understand it because there have been so many beautiful perfumes created by Avon and I have been a customer of theirs for at least 15 years. I haven't personally tried Timeless but I've heard from one friend of mine how much she loved it. Avon perfumes used to be sold in the most beautiful decanters. My mom still has 2 of the prettiest decanters that she has saved since I was born with real old perfume classics in there. I personally have several avon perfumes in my collection and will continue to try their newbies and their classics if I get the chance. I would love to smell Timeless

Maeva

Why is this fragrance so underrated? I saw too many people say it's too overpowering (even lovers of Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio!), and, above all, terribly musty, too "old-lady-like". I know Timeless can be related to classics like Youth Dew, but as a lover of vintages I am beginning to get tired of the "old lady" thing in perfume reviews. When we say this, we simply say that we don't like a particular perfume because we are more "sophisticated" than that, but I don't see why we should identify the perfumes we hate with poor old ladies. Most of the old ladies I know are more into soft florals, by the way, and would react quite negatively to the intensity of Timeless.

This is really the smell of passion for me, one of the old masterpieces Avon created back in their glorious days, together with Topaze and Rare Rubies. It's very oriental and balsamic, not the usual kind of Chypre for me. It reminds me of my beloved Opium, and in fact they share many notes: peach, patchouli, amber, orris, opoponax, musk, cedar, vanilla... Indeed, they have the same wonderful depth, maybe because of their incensey opoponax, their ambery warmth, that combination of sensuality and sublimity that I think is so hard to find in (affordable) perfume nowadays. It also has the wonderful lasting power and sillage of the great Avon classics. I really love it. Too bad it's not sold as an edp in my country any more!

I am very intersted in trying this one as well! The reviews seem really interesting, especially the comparison with Rochas. I must say, Avon has some GREAT perfumes! There are so many that I adore!!
LOVE this company!

rye
rye

this truly is in the same league with Shalimar, Arpege and a few other classics. The ingredients are quality, the container absolutely ugly, the price unbelievably low.

This one has sillage and lingers until you pretty much wash it off so in order for it to be 'modern' and not skanky I spray a little on a cotton ball and one short dab on middle of torso keeps it subtle. You also have to dress to meet the expectations of these classics and have something elegant to attend, otherwise I agree that they can come off as just too Miss Havisham rather than marvelously vintage.

Wonderful to have in my little collection.

rainbow.owl
rainbow.owl

very nice, soft & warm, a bit powdery. I like this. the new style bottle is ghastly.

Udaria
Udaria

Soft little powdery notes, almost like a gourmand perfume which are so en vogue today. Timeless reminds me of "little old lady" but I'm wearing it anyway. Furthermore, vaguely it reminds me of AVON's Somewhere which is discontinued and hard to find. There is nothing harsh about Timeless - in fact, it is not very noticeable at all ... however, in closed confined spaces it just hangs there, agreeably ... A good perfume at a very good price.

gazelle
gazelle

It's been since last winter that I wore Timeless. I'd forgotten how nice -luxurious really, it's blended with my chemistry hours later. Avon has something for everyone. It does smell like Shalimar, Rochas, and Anne Klein II rolled together to tease my nose right now for the grand investment of $7.

Part of the adventure in life is to keep an open mind. At 67, I wear what I like and, "So what!" If I like what you're wearing, I'll compliment you and we're both better off for it.

By the way, I'm not an Avon Rep. Just crazy about smelling good.

Zhanna
Zhanna

I do not like it at all... it's too strange and has a smell that reminds me of something unpleasant.

bombonica
bombonica

I will have Timeless in 2 or 3 days...hope I'll like it cos I'm 24 and people say that this fragrance is for elegant and more mature women...hope my skin will love it, or at least like it ;)

Malegria
Malegria

At first I did not get a connection with Shalimar at all - Timeless starts off aggressively, when Shalimar maintains to be smooth from the beginning. Later I understood the multiple comparisons - the blend of resins and roses plus the unmistakable hint of sweet lemon shows you where the Timeless` wings grow from.
The base notes get a little screechy with musk and - I am almost positive - vetiver. Since I am not on good terms with vetiver, I am sure that the lover of it can appreciate the base notes to the fullest, and totally can get addicted. Beware!

cisco
cisco

Review from Basenotes by vered:

"This reminds me of Shalimar, only lots cheaper- checked the notes in Shalimar and contains the same Bergamot, orris, opopnax and vanilla. Very pretty and very feminine in an old fashioned way and IMO the same drydown as the more expensive stuff."

28 October 2009 from Basenotes
------------------------------
The above came from a review on basenotes. I found it curious because yesterday, when I was wearing Timeless, a lady wanted to know if it was Shalimar.

P.S. I just bathed, applied Skin Softner and EDT. It honestly smells like a mild Shalimar. It is missing the civet, leather, and incense in Shalimar. We could call this Shalimar for the shy. It doesn't take deep pockets to buy this one.

I now own Shalimar EDT and EDP and find the Timeless lotion and powder work beautifully with the Shalimar at a fraction of the cost of Shalimar lotion and powder.

naheed
naheed

I agree with kiku and cisco. This was given to my mum back in the 80s and I loved wearing it too, I was just 9 by then. It's a beautiful well blended composition of chypre floral. I would still love to buy it again but I hope it's not hard to find here. It's absolutely timeless and the bottle is just lovely.

guest_lola
guest_lola

este perfume es el ke mas me gusta ojala fuera mas economico.

Kiku
Kiku

One of the last great Avons. A complex mix instead of a few overpowering ingredients that has become Avon's signature. The formula is pure Avon at it's peak: the opening is a bright, sparkling mix of citrus that turns into a rose dominated floral middle. The soft, powdery, warm, woody bottom is classic Avon. And like all classic Avons, it has that one ingredient that is different: cedar. Pure genius to put an ingredient mostly used in men's fragrances into such a feminine perfume. Outstanding! May Avon be very slooooooooow to discontinue this one!

chaton2781
chaton2781

When I applied it, it thought it smelled really bad, but I waited since other reviewers said it got much better. But I didn't like it at all, even after several hours. But I could tell it was a classic, quality, elegant perfume. It is just too old-fashioned for my taste.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Timless is divine. If you appreciate Femme by Rochas but you think the leather and woody notes are to strong to wear, i think you will love the smoothness of timeless. Is as powdery and citrus as Chanel N5, MUY ELEGANTE. And I agree with the idea that this smell like Madame Rochas, but in a more soft version.

So cheap and So good!! If you like the classics you must try Timeless..

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

I had compared this favorably to Mitsouko, and I think the reason for me is the cinnamon in Mitsy, which I'd been unaware of before comparing the pyramids.

It does resin with a heavier hand and a similar "grubby" moss. It is somehow less "mournful" and more the comfort of well-cut grey pinstripes.

If Mitsouko is an orphan's nest of under-ripe peaches and moss wet with tears, Timeless is her governess who has a similar story but doesn't talk about it.

chyprecat
chyprecat

Just received my first ever bottle of Timeless today from my Avon gal, Sarah. Like a lot of you, I grew up with Avon, and many of their scents have been so-so, and I am being diplomatic here. Perhaps for that reason, I have always looked at Timeless in the brochure and made assumptions. I suppose I thought it might be stuffy, old, boring, unpleasant etc. Seems you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. Finally gave in because it was on special, and thought I would give it the benefit of the doubt.
Well, I stand chastised!!! I knew I was getting my order today, so deliberatly did not put any perfume on before leaving for work this morning, so was able to give myself a spritz first thing.
I love it!!!
Just as nice as Madame Rochas, which I think it shares many characteristics with. It is warm and deep with a lovely sligthly fruity middle note. I get the citrus and the patchouli and the cedar and that lovely double personality that is characteristic of chypre scents.
If only I had known that Madame Rochas had a very elegant and self-efacing sister!!!

Better late than never.

guest_Debbiecup
guest_Debbiecup

Best avon perfume becauseit's sweet sexy old fashioned in a good way like something briget bardot or marilyn probley smelled like and it last so long on the skin and the price is perfect.

guest_DEbbiecup
guest_DEbbiecup

i love this perfume i remember wearing this perfume feeling like a barbie doll with my white high heeled pumps and newly colored blonde hair

JASAvonRep
JASAvonRep

One thing I like about being me, is the fact that I will use perfume/cologne regardless whether it's designed for Men or Women and I won't make any bones about it. Timeless, like it's name is truly "Timeless", This has a special place in my heart, it has been around for years and the fresh peach is the first note I notice, then as it "ages" I like to say, it becomes a delicate flowery scent that is beautiful.

After living with Avon in my life for as long as I can remember, becoming an Avon Rep. just seemed like the right thing to do. Timeless & Candid will be two fragrances that will stand the test of time in my opinion.

nyoka
nyoka

timeless is to me timeless.it smells as good today as it did in the 60s and 70s.it is fresh,not old,and very sensual.it reminds me of tresor with the fresh peach beginning then morphs into a swirling plethra of flowers all having a combined smell of one exotic flower.i am not old,neither r my fumes.this would smell great on a really young lady if she is grown up enough to carry it off.its surely not a little tennis shod kiddie fume.

avons timeless i love its fragrance

raleigh
raleigh

i got my first bottle of timeless late in the year when it was a new fragrance. timeless is so perfect for that time of year that to this day when the wind starts to blow cold I think of this fragrance. it is inexpensive enough that i should get a bottle. I could always say i got it to spray the guest towels so that no would would think i am a grandma woman. i think this fragrance is on par with england's tweed., and it is good for day or night.

HOPE007
HOPE007

My husband is from Saudi Arabia and just adores Timeless for some reason... (He cannot stand Givenchy - one of my favorite perfume houses- hahaha) He seems to like warm scents that are a little different than what European/Americans like & adores Oud. Definitely a different smell than what I am used to. I agree with Lorena it has a "traveled" like smell to it. Interesting it came from Avon of all places - they have been surprising me as of late.

Goldenhair
Goldenhair

Timeless was my first scent. My mother bought the Foaming Bath soon after it was introduced. While she never used it, she encouraged me to. 'The house smells so good after you bathe,' she always said. This set my preference in fragrance for chypres and orientals.

When I first spray Timeless, I am entranced by it's powdery nature that stays throughout. The peach is not 'fresh and juicy' but sharp and slightly bitter, like peach schnapps. The florals are subtle and subdued. The drydown is my joy, amber, tonka bean and vanilla. Warm and soothing, like my skin after a warm bath. The drydown is truly a second skin fragrance on me. Lasting power is several hours, though I can always pick up a powdery scent on my clothes on the second day.

Timeless is a peach colored satin evening purse with a cracked compact in one corner and a flask of peach schnapps, leaking a tiny bit, in the other. Somewhat messy, slightly overblown, very grown up and possibly dangerous in the wrong hands.

guest_snezana
guest_snezana

My grandma used to put it and over the years I have kept one little bottle of Timeless parfumed cream....now I am desperately trying to find the cream, but it seem as "ead de cologne" and parfum are only available! I love how it smells, it remindes me of my childhood and my adored grandma, of course :)! Timeless is a great parfume.

TJerria
TJerria

I was rummaging through my mother's medicine cabinet and found this one. It smells so old but my mom loves it. I can imagine it had spunk in the 70s.

guest_Born2L8
guest_Born2L8

I first encountered Timeless when working on a Navy base, and a lovely woman passed by me in the hallway. I was so smitten by the scent, I asked her what she was wearing - and it turned out she was an Avon Rep on the side! I bought this for my mother as a gift, and she wore it through most of the 80's and 90's. Now, I keep a bottle in my powder room, and 'spritz' the hand towels when guest are expected. You wouldn't beleive the raves I get, and the questions of what this 'mystery scent' is!

I love the reminder of my mum, and when sprayed lightly I think it's a nice casual scent to behold.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

As an Avon representative, I decided that I should have more knowledge and experience w/ all of Avon's scents. I've only recently begun to 'step out of the box' and try some of the older classic Avon fragrances. I just sprayed on Timeless today, and immediately after the spritz I think I said "whoah, stinky", then as it dried down, I was surprised by the reaction that I had. I do think that it's quite enjoyable! What it reminds me of is Shalimar. I think that is because of the bergamot, lemon, amber and opoponax in it's ingredients. I can see why it is a classic. Although, the reaction from my kids was that I smelled like grandma and grandpa. So, not sure this is something I'll grab very often, but I now know it has it's place in my wardrobe for when I'm feeling it!

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Sorry Timelss fans, but this scent has a really dry, bitter note which hits the back of my throat like cheap floor cleaner.

LORENA
LORENA

what can I say about timeless? My grandma was a woman who used to travel a lot, she used to visit a lot of countries, and she loved perfumes as much as I do, so everytime she traveled, she ´d buy perfumes, and among her perfume collection, she always had a bottle of timeless. If you´re over sixty, I think timeless, is a great choice

swedtmolinari
swedtmolinari

Timelles is a classic in perfumes world. It is elegant and casual in the same time. Using Timelles will be elegant to go to the party or confortable to go to the mall...

Timeless by Avon 3.36 out of 5 based on 338 ratings and 115 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Timeless fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Timeless, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Timeless by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Timeless by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.