Designers » A » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Today Avon for women
dislike

tuberose
Today Avon for women Pictures Today Avon for women Pictures

Today is the first fragrance in Avon’s trilogy of love. The face od Today’s ad campaign is Salma Hayek. The fragrance includes exotic tropical florals including strelitzia, also known as bird of paradise, and butterfly bush. The composition starts with the refreshing notes of freesia and cactus sap, while the note of white pepper ads some drama to this melody. Exotic flowers smell like honey. Base note includes sandalwood, cedar, velvety musky notes with a splash of rose water. Perfume was launched in 2004. It also won a 2005 FiFi award.

Cactus Freesia Stephanotis

Tuberose Orange Blossom Hibiscus Strelitzia Buddleia

Musk Cedar Woody Notes Rose Water Notes

La Chasse aux Papillons
Rare Pearls

Today Fragrance Reviews

Catty
Catty

Today is a romantic, lady-like daytime Tuberose scent.

It´s perfect for the Office. One spray is enough to last all day and the projection is very good too. It´s not an intoxicating scent, on the contrary, it´s a polite, and refined Tuberose.

This is not a fresh Tuberose, or a creamy one. This lovely scent is basically very flowerly from beginning ´til end, being very feminine.

It´s incredible that Today is an avon scent. Nobody believes when I say it. It could be easily a product from any top "Grand maison".

For the high Quality and Price, Today is really a catcher for a good daytime scent.

Leniya
Leniya

Incredible smell for the price and for the company produced it. I just love this, it's a great quality, very longlasting, exotic, flowery, womenly scent. I worked at a hotel reception and clients from Egypt cannot believe that it is Avon perfume. Love.

chick4troy
chick4troy

This is a very intense floral scent and apparently not for everyone; especially not the fainthearted. It's like opera, either you love it or you hate it and I for one LOVE it. I think it is similar to Pleasures from Estee Lauder. Pleasures is slightly lighter and sweeter and equally lovely. This fragrance is very feminine, warm and the epitome of Spring.

mushkbar
mushkbar

love the bottle but perfume is too loud to my taste.Always gives me a headache.I think this bottle will just sit pretty on my dresser.

Snapple8
Snapple8

Definitely not for me. I have never smelled this kind of fragrance on anyone. Reminds me of a stuffy old lady's house that needs airing BADLY.

Shwets
Shwets

This smells very similar to rare pearls as a few reviewers have already mentioned. Except in rare pearls there is a dry heavier tuberose note which spoilt it for me.

A gorgeous scent but sadly for me today gives me a headache as does other Avon perfumes.
My mum who is very critical of fragrances was besotted with this and sprayed some on saying it smells very natural.

I have one small spray on my wrist and even after half hour it is strong. I'm trying to resist from washing it off but my headache is quite bad and will try to test how long this lasts

oktober
oktober

A great perfume, a staple in my collection, and a I repurchased it several times by now. Very easy to wear, compliment getter, strong sillage, lasts long too.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I didn't want to like this at first, it seemed to have the classic avon perfume base at first and reminds me of a 90s scent they released called 'Dreamlife' mixed with Rare pearls and Rare Gold, but once it warms up on the skin this is a wonderful scent of fresh honeysuckle and freesia. The honey and honeysuckle give it a slightly retro vibe which I love. It is floral, just syrupy enough with enough musk to save it from being too sweet or headache inducing for me. I don't know what the cactus notes are about or what they would smell like but all I know is this is an easy wearing crowd-pleasing day scent for when I don't have the nose for my heavy oriental or Gourmand fragrances and need a break from amber patchouli based scents but don't want to opt for one of my musk fragrances. Pick up when on sale!

Something in this has a peppery note and it reminds me a lot of Sarah Jessica Parkers Lovely. I get a very fresh natural smelling honeysuckle from this even though there is none listed. A perfect spring scent.

Super concentrated and long lasting this will give me a headache and becomes quite overwhelming if worn on my wrists or neck - I like to spray on my back and legs that way I get a lovely trail of honeysuckle and white florals without it overwhelming me.

Fragaria
Fragaria

This fragrance is very pretty. When it arrived, I thought "hmmmmmmmmmm this smells flowery and nice like 5th Avenue." I figured it was a bit of a waste, but didn't feel "taken" for my twenty bucks.
It didn't "grow" on me, I just kept smelling my arm. At one point, I thought as others have mentioned, RARE PEARLS! It didn't smell exactly like it at all, but that maybe some base notes as if this was a flanker? And it might be. As much as I like Rare Pearls, I prefer this one. Like I mentioned, this is pretty like 5th Avenue and I feel a bit more acceptable to those around us especially if we wear more than a spray or two. It's been a week or two and I'm glad to have spent my twenty bucks! This is a perfect everything scent. It's a bit too refined to wear just for the day out gardening, clearing a shed of clutter, or painting. But this is great for anything you might do AFTER you've done those things and showered! Flowery and pretty as this is, I think I'll keep mine for early fall and through winter. It's just a touch heavy for very hot or humid days to my nose. Meaning, that I myself might not care for it following me all day. I'm sure smelling it on someone ELSE would be fine to me...even welcoming! I think I'd like to sit near someone in church with this on. All in all, this is a well behaved, pretty and bright, crispy, and clean little lady. I....LIKE IT!

Labaloo
Labaloo

A clerk working at a local grocery was wearing this tonight. I caught a light whiff as soon as I walked in, and she was perhaps 20 feet away from the door at the time. After I finished shopping and my turn came up at her register, I complimented her on this lovely fragrance and asked what it was. This ended up turning into a short, but pleasant conversation of vintage Avon bottles in all their wonderfully-kitschy variety, and how we both wished- well, I'll keep this short: I thought 'Today' was perfectly enchanting, and so-very-fitting for the late springtime/early summer in which we are now in the midst. It fit right in as if a rare-flowered tree were in full bloom, the sweet aroma caught by a breeze.

Marie76
Marie76

I got this as part of a 10 ml purse set, with today, tomorrow and forever. Orange blossom and white flowers are favourite notes of mine, today is beautiful, balanced, a bit more lemony than neroli should be, but beautiful. Projection is excellent, and so is the staying power. The dry down reminds me of L'air du temps, by Nina Ricci. Alas, all of the three perfumes give me a horrible headache, despite liking them...if anyone wants the set get in touch.

L'eaulita
L'eaulita

A crystalline sparkling orange blossom fragrance that has such an ethereal feminine effervesence about it. The way this scent catches on the breeze is stunning and for a relatively cheap price, you can smell like a million bucks.

Aldehydic freesia and orange blossom twinkle with a backdrop of fluffy, airy tuberose. This floral bouquet isnt going out of style- ever. It smells classic yet very much in vogue, uplifting and bright.

Elegant and poised, this fragrance fits like a dress should, tight enough to prove youre a woman but loose enough to show youre a lady. It fits in all the right places, has no sharp edges or synthetic harshness and belongs up there with the best of the Chanels and Diors.

Not at all like Rare Pearls which is more along the line of Diors Pure Poison, thick and velvety, a little raspy and purr-y. Where rare Pearls hums, Today sings like a wet fingertip running around a crystal champgne flute.

Pity about the name..."Today". What an embrassing name for such a splendid work of art.

polkadot27
polkadot27

On my first day of university I remember sitting in the small tutorial room thinking what is that beautiful classy intriguing scent, who is wearing it? What is it? It doesn't smell like any marc jacobs or lady million or any other generic student scent. What is that beautiful expensive complex magnetic designer fragrance ? Later that night when I got back i realized...Yeah little did i know it was me all along. I had sprayed it in a hurry for the first time that morning, not expecting much of it -being from Avon and all. Wow, i am still blown away and taken aback by the fact Avon have created such a multi-layered expensive smelling scent. It is a masterpeice arguably the most expensive classy smelling scent avon have created it is up there with Chanel mademoiselle and the like. I find it hard to detect and describe the notes because literally there is so many notes and complexities and layers to this fragrance over the course of 6-8 hours. All i know is it is beautiful, intriguing, magnetic, classy, charming, sophisticated, cashmere like & blended lovely. One of if not thee best tuber rose perfume! I always get a compliment when wearing this. Brilliant sillage & lasting power & brilliant affordable price. I'm in love with this absolute diamond.
Like other reviewers have said- I don't know what it is- this perfume just has that little something about it that makes it magnetic and captivating.

bonnie52
bonnie52

This is the best of Today, Tomorrow and Always by far! It is a very fresh, floral, clean, uplifting, beautiful scent! I applied with a heavy hand to get it to last. It does smell kind of similar to Rare Pearls, however Rare Pearls has much better silage. Also a wonderful scent!

k8r8r
k8r8r

It starts out very fresh and green, then softens and turns and creamy and elegant upon dry down. My fave Avon frag so far. Another reviewer, @Lilah Veil said it's Rare Pearls repackaged. Interesting. I'll have to check it out, thanks! Reminds me of Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estée Lauder.

dness92
dness92

To my nose it definitely has that 'old-fashioned' smell to it. This comment is in no way supposed to be negative - sometimes we all like to smell like that! I smell a lot of tuberose indeed. It's a pretty floral fragrance with very good sillage and projection. It reminds me a little bit of Juicy Couture Couture perfume.

tuoksuhullu
tuoksuhullu

I don´t know, what it is in this perfume... but it is just captivating! Lovely, happy. Not too heavy nor too weak. Suitable on every occasion.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

Avon Today is exactly Avon Rare Pearls repackaged. I own both and there is no distinction. I ordered a mini gift set of Today, Tomorrow, Forever. As soon as I tried Today I knew it was Rare Pearls. If you love this fragrance save yourself some money. Rare Pearls is less expensive and the exact same scent. Never mind the notes display. It IS Rare Pearls (Light). Think of Pearls as the edp version of Today and use a light hand. Pearls is same notes only richer and deeper; 90's style when manufacturers were not skimping on oils, unlike today's 99% alcohol evap within minutes.

My Rare Pearls is hanging forever on my left hand while Avon's exact notes have altogether disappeared within 15 minutes. Today has no longevity compared to Rare Pearls. Pearls is a light fragrance itself of finer quality with staying power.

Voopie

I cannot tell you how MUCH I love this perfume :)

xluchi
xluchi

simplemente perfecta flor blanca, no puedo dejar de oler mi muñeca, es muy alegre!!!! Me hace feliz llevarla
8 horas y aun puedo sentirla al otro dia, en la ropa es eterna

salmad
salmad

So light, elegant and green floral. The tuberose and orange blossom dries down to a lovely white floral with a hint of orange blossom. My mother who is in her late 40s wears this all the time. Sadly she has resorted to keeping it as a "side table drawer" perfume since barely lasts an hour w/ the body lotion. And because my dad loves smelling it on her. I would buy this again if it was on sale.

YogaRose
YogaRose

The combination is exquisite. Tuberose and orange blossom stands to me but in the end, Today, is it's own notable scent. So ethereal, soothing, oriental-ish, with a bit of "sweet". Longevity is fantastic. Just like I like them. The best of Avon and I hope this one stands their test of time.

odie
odie

Intense and fragrant perfume, all of its notes blend well and I especially caught the musky/spicy interplay. My mother said "it makes me feel happy" when she smelled it at Avon retailers today. I told her to buy it. For a person who is reserved about Avon fragrances "Today" is a worthy buy.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

I agree with Radchick - it's tuberose for people who don't like tuberose. Normally I'm not a fan of tuberose but I like Today... it's a pretty, silky white floral with hints of more unusual notes like cactus and honey-sweet buddleia. The longevity was really good, and though it's mature smelling I think plenty of younger people would like this too.

One of Avon’s best. Today is a lush, dense floral, and smells like the fragrance of freshly cut blooms filling the air. This is one of my favorite floral fragrances by far. I would call this a tuberose based scent for people who don’t like tuberose. There is a fair amount of freesia in here, which complements the tuberose better than I would have imagined, plus some other odd notes that seem to work perfectly together. I have a gazillion Avons in my collection, and I would never guess this was an Avon. This smells mature and elegant and, as others have mentioned, this smells more expensive than it is

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

Timeless and mature. For independent women who know what they want. And of course, Today must be worn with a good pair of high heels.

zolitagirl
zolitagirl

My favorite Avon perfume. It smells so much more expensive than it is and it lasts for days if sprayed on fabrics. The bottle is a work of art in its gorgeous simplicity and heaviness. Its my favorite perfume bottle ever made. It is a spring or winter fragrance. It makes em feel zingy and pretty and feminine but there is a twist in there that also makes it interesting and not generic- Maybe it is the strelizia??!! A great gift for anyone. They will be surprised at how good and classy it is. I keep my bottle on top of my piano because it looks so good there. I love looking at it. I am so happy I found this perfume - it is one of the best perfume finds in my life.

dipisor
dipisor

It's such a nice scent. It's very feminine and elegant and smells like a very expensive fragrance. Though it's not suitable for women under 30 years old, I think.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Pour moi Today est un "jardins de bagatelle" aux différentes heures de la journée.
Si "Jardins.." est un jardin aux premières heures de la matinée, "Today" est un même jardin en fin d'après-midi.
En début de matinée, la tubéreuse encore endormie s'éveille et déploie timidement sa capiteuse senteur puis au soleil déclinant la voilà nous taquinant les narines avec sa charge blanche et enivrante.

Dans tous les cas j'y succomberai.... Point de salut !
Je me rends.... Je m'abandonne...

Plus sérieusement, Today est un petit chef d'oeuvre pour qui adore la tubéreuse.

zekica
zekica

Great value for money, it's worth to buy, I always have it I my collection

my all time favorite

Avon Today is one of those sweet, Spring appropriate florals. Its most dominant accords are tuberose, freesia and orange blossom, however I can also detect a note that smells very much like mimosa.

Both this fragrance and Reese Witherspoon's In Bloom are white florals that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone. Their quality is indeed superior when compared to other Avon scents.

I'm not usually a fan of freesia, but in this particular composition it compliments the tuberose and orange blossom perfectly. The overall result is a smooth, clean and feminine white floral blend.

Avon Today projects a long way, so I would only apply this one sparingly. The longevity is also surprisingly good. If you're ever stuck for gift ideas and are on a tight budget, I would highly recommend ordering this fragrance from the Avon catalogue. It's an easy crowd pleaser.

I unfortunately cannot remember who sent me a sample of Avon Today, but I'll shout out a thank you to whoever it was.

hohohosan
hohohosan

You know when avon is the issue, expectations are generally low. but this one is quite surprising. if you like flowery scents, it is perfect for you. my skin has good harmony with flowery scents, therefore i choose perfumes having flower notes. this one is a mixture of wonderful flowers and it is perfect for summer or spring :) Honeysuckle is very dominant, jasmine and orange blossom can be detected,too. Longevity is like 5 hours and the bottle is nice. this scent is a nominee to be my signature fragrance :))

Meis
Meis

Elie Saab anyone?

However this scent is the more enigmatic sister: Slightly less orange blossom, a few more other notes.

It was the only Avon perfume I've ever liked, but I didn't like it enough to buy it again.

(I actually think I had Today, tomorrow, always... but it was in this bottle. So I'm not sure.)

mhubbard

I realized this is almost a perfect dupe of Splendor.

mhubbard

This is a very very loud white floral, reminding me of Fracas. Very perfumey, no one will think it is just shower gel. Unfortunately I detect a strong gardenia note which is the one note I cannot abide, thus it is a scrubber.

Juliana6

Madallina, you are right!
I don't wear it in summer because it's sweet and somehow warm, embracing, "covering". For cooler summer nights it's ok, but during hot, sunny days- a big NO. Then it looses all the beauty on me. Maybe for other people it works well.

madallina
madallina

I don't know if it's only me thinking this but I find it difficult to wear it on summer.I love this scent on winter and autumn but in july and august i can't bear it.Am I twisted??

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Sampled this today and have to say I was surprised. Only smelt on paper however it was very feminine, elegant, floral and surprisingly NON Avon smelling to me (ie couldn't really smell any alcohol).

Once this comes down in price (I'm in Australia and it's still 'new' here so about $40-50) I may actually buy it. The impression I get with this fragrance is it's pretty safe without being boring.

Limpylou
Limpylou

This Spring/Summer fragrance has always worked on me; I ALWAYS receive compliments when wearing it. Again, fragrance snobs will always look "down" on Avon. So what? This is white flowers and honeysuckle, but without too much "sweet". Get off your fragrance high horses and give it a try! Plus it lasts quite awhile:)

kakaka2
kakaka2

Today is a blind swap for me. Before swapping I carefully researched all reviews as I usually do and decided to give it a try. Despite all positive comments, all testimonies how beautiful this fragrance is, all opinions on its great projection and longevity, I am still very surprised as I didn't expect all of it to be so true.

Today is all about flowers to me, fresh and very real smelling, yet not in the usual combination. It reminds me of a scent, probably to its own self as the fragrance was released back in 2004 and I cannot forgive myself I admire this quality fragrance so late. But I say to myself hey, some years were wasted but our relationship will last for many more to come, for sure.

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

I can't understand why all the negativity toward Avon. Not all scents work on all skin, that is why there is so much to choose from. I like many of their fragrances and at their prices I can afford to have several to choose from according to my mood.
I bought this one late last fall and I realy do like it. At first I thought it more of a sometime fragrance, but right now it is in my daily rotation. So far it is a powerhouse on my skin. It has very good sillage and lasts all day.It wears and smells similar to the Estee Lauder's I love so much, but is a better buy for daily wear. In the cooler months it is more of a tuberose with a well blended floral base. When first applied I get tuberose and not much else. After dry down though I get a little more of the florals and I get some of the catus, which on me is green and melon like, blended with the soft florals. In cooler months on me this is as others have stated more of a "linear" tuberose floral that lasts all day. With the warm weather though this fragrance changes some. Still a sweet floral with that green melon/catus, the dry down opens more and has more depth. With the warmer weather I get more of the freesia which I love plus more of the other florals, now the tuberose blends more instead of standing on top.The orange blossom remains tame on me which is good as far as my nose is considered. It still lasts all day but now it developes more over the day and is no longer linear on my skin. So far this is a clean office safe floral in both cool and warm weather. I look forward to see how this one developes in the heat here in the south, as of yet I only get a litte of the pepper and a hint of the hibiscus. I still get none of the cedar or the musk and I am not too sure of the strelitzia. I do consider this more of an spring and summer scent as heat seams to make this fragrance "bloom". I most likely won't use this one next winter, but like I said I look forward to enjoying how this developes over the summer.

dormir6
dormir6

A beautiful, gleaming fragrance for summer. Full of fresh and golden flower. I don't really like parfumes with flowers but this one is reminds me of the first days of summer holiday, when you are bathing the aroma of nice flowers, the air is full of happiness and fresh anticipations. Your skin is still cool and firm from a morning shower,you are wearing a cosy but cute dress, you're carefree and smiling. Very very good one!!!!

dtchbrd
dtchbrd

This one is not for me. I found it incredibly strong and flowery and more suitable for mature ladies.

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

bom eu gosto muito desse perfume..ele é diferente de tudo que AVON JÁ FEZ..

juliaten
juliaten

I like the smell a lot, but prefume gives me horrible headache I couldn`t stand I thought I`d die. No thank you...

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Got it as a present from my grandma. She loves it so i wear it whenever i go to see her but other than that keep it away from me. Again, its a womanly smell. Nothing sweet or rebellious about it =( Just not my thing.

Update - January 6th 2014

I am doomed! I just got a gift set for Xmas from grandma again. This is for sure my 5th bottle... all bought by her.

She is convinced that this is my favorite perfume in the whole wide world, because i always wear it for her when i go over to visit.

Anything to make grandma happy i guess... but another bottle!? Help! Ha ha ha =p

I love it!

Juliana6

Yesterday after a hot shower I wanted something comforting, like a lullaby, so I sprayed on this. On my hot skin it opened and I entered a huge garden of oriental flowers. Soft scent from the petals brought by a breeze of warm wind. I smell freesia ( but I "see" it white", not "yellow"), cactus (I think it gives that unique touch to this perfume) and tuberose. Pepper makes this scent sparkling and refreshing.
Today I woke up. Guess what I smelled? A soft whiff of "Today" from my wrist.

BlueFragance
BlueFragance

So floral and airy and just wonderful I feel ike im in an ocean full of flowers!

feathers
feathers

Mellow tuberose, and I swear I smell jasmine. It really reminds me of demeter's jasmine scent I have a roll-on oil. More sweet than fresh, Avon Today is an easy-to -wear soft floral blend. Pretty, not exotic. It does not assault your nose in any way, and is a good choice for the times when you need to give your nose a rest, want something clean and cheerful, absolutely non-offensive. All soft and blended, it's like a watercolor garden all in pastel in June. A little green (from the jasmine that's not there!) And I don't get pepper, cactus, musk, or cedar. Only sweetness and light, and I would also say- watermelon...Maybe I have an overactive imagination!

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

This is a lovely creamy/mellow floral fragrance. The pepper notes makes it slightly spicy and alongside the orange blossom makes this yummy. Lasts all day.

denncita
denncita

This beautiful scent reminds me of my old high school friend. The first time Today met my nose was when my friend and I were riding the bus together after school. I remember asking her what she was wearing and she said, oh it's a perfume from avon. My birthday soon came and she gave me a perfume set of Today as a gift!!! I was ecstatic. I've received many compliments on this perfume, especially from men. A few years back a had a group of guy friends stop me down the street just to ask what perfume I was wearing. When I told them it was an Avon perfume, they couldn't believe it! It smells like a 100 dollar perfume, indeed.

lakuota
lakuota

Avon Today used to by my mom's signature scent few years after it appeared in the market. So I often recognize it on other women and immediately it brings me pleasant associations. But even the scent itself is worth writing about, not only memories. It's a very feminine perfume. Freesias are ones of my favorite flowers and their scent is gorgeous live and in fragrances too. I'm not a big fan of tuberose though, but in Today tuberose is not "extreme" and choky, I'd rather call it a sour tuberose. I'm very picky on floral fragrances, but this one is really something. Not a masterpiece nor brilliant, but really very wearable. I imagine it would fit women in their thirties or forties best. Perfect choice for a romantic walk in summer night. And also - to office, only when not overdosed. Be careful not to use too much juice at once! One thing - it's quite radiant and another issue I observed - it starts to smell soapy and cheap (especially at drydown) when overdosed.
Personally, I'd like it to develop more. On my skin it smells the same all day.

sonic.dia
sonic.dia

I remember that when it was first released back in 2004, I loved it. I even got some samples from my friend who was avon lady. A month ago I bought 2 bottles, one for my grandmother and one for myself. When I got them I opened one of the bottles, sprayed it on me and expected that gorgeous flower smell...and it just wasn't it. What I got was not good, it was too sharp and not at all like I remembered. I was very dissapointed and didn't know what to do...it was supposed to be a christmas gift for grandmother. So I waited for christmas day for my grandma to open it, and guess what happened - in her box was the amazing scent I remembered! Then I noticed that the boxes are slightly different. They must have changed the formula and I just got "lucky". But I'm really glad I opened the bad one first and grandma got the good one...

yammyclink

I had this for christmas but i thought i would love this fragrance...unfortanatly it didnt turn out like that..i hateit
and it smells so nasty, if i smell this again..Oh dear:(

b@by
b@by

The notes sounded spectacular, but I'm afraid all I get is those old fashioned soaps that got passed down from friend to friend to friend as a "filler" for like a gift basket on special occasions. Yep, that's it. Somehow it makes me think of those horrid soap operas like "The Young and the Restless" too. Not for me.

BettyNoir

Oh dear. After my previous review (see below), I have gone off this and will be giving it away. The thing is with Avon perfumes (with the exception of Little Black Dress), is that the base or whatever it is they use to make all their fragrances, smells cheap after the drydown. This is only my opinion of course.

Avon Today gives me a big hit of freesia and maybe jasmine, and then beds down into something that smells like posh air freshener in a loo. I kept sniffing thinking I'd tried a sample I didn't like in a shop, but no, sadly it was my bottle of Avon today that I have become disillusioned with.

I don't hold with the fact that you have to spend a lot to smell good as there are some excellent bargains out there. but in this case, an expensive smelling top note was wearing cheap shoes.

yammyclink

I have bought this perfume by look at the bottle...BIG MISTAKE, although it was cheap, theres something in that perfume i am not keen on, its smells soapy and cheap too me,so i gave it away, but i wouldn't buy this ever again..

marsiesmoon
marsiesmoon

I would like to make a comparison, for anyone who may remember Avon Vivage from the 80's, this reminds me very much of that but I cannot find any info on Vivage today. Today, is a beautiful perfume.Floral at it's finest(coming from someone who doesn't dig florals too much).
If there is one perfume in my collection I would like to have a backup of, it would be Today.Pure exotic floral loveliness.

fragaddict
fragaddict

The bottle is nice and the fragrance is straight floral. This is not sweet, fruity or really interesting for that matter. It is soft and floral. This is not complex or intiguing. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, but I'm into orientals which is why tomorrow is my favorite from this particular line. I have considered giving this away many times but I like the bottle and the fragrance itself smells expensive. I may wear this once every year or two, but Tomorrow is the one I love. If you like soft florals Today is worth a try.

BettyNoir

Well I love freesias in a scent so this is perfect for me. It's pure freesia when it goes on ,light and feminine. After a while it changes a little and smells a little more exotic or tropical, but never loses its floral heart. It gets a little more intense and deeper if anything, but is still pleasant and would be fine for office wear, being very inoffensive and not heavy or cloying.

I have to mention the bottle and packaging too. It looks a lot more expensive than it is with its heavy glass flacon and lovely gold box. It is a welcome and pretty addition to my dressing table. I can see why this won an award.

If you like light, feminine florals, you've got yourself a bargain here, it's gorgeous.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I adore this scent! It is so clean and sweet. It lasts forever on me and takes very few sprays to smell amazing. The sillage is perfect. This is a scent I am glad I purchased!

cheryldb
cheryldb

I am an Avon lady. This is my absolute *all-time* favorite Avon fragrance. When I was younger, my granny and papa lived in a shot-gun sharecropper house. One of those with tar-paper siding, tin roof and no air-conditioning. Next to sitting on their back porch during a summer thunderstorm while the rain hit that tin-roof, one of the best memories I have of those days is the smell of the honey locust tree blooms that wafted through the house during the spring when all of the windows were left open to create a breeze. The first whiff of Today took me right back there. 8-years-old, early morning birds chirping and the new day ahead full of possibilities. There was a rumor on the Avon boards that this one was being discontinued and I stocked up (and up and up).

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Yesssss , so good !

cdimmick2013
cdimmick2013

This perfume only needs on or two sprays to last throughout the day. I love it because I think it is strong enough to last so that I wont have to buy another bottle for a while.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Soapy tuberose and other floral petals. You know when you crush petals? That's the smell I detect. No creaminess, smokiness or sweetness when I wear it but definitely feminine. Pure floral with citrus. It seems to be linear although I haven't worn it for more than an hour. Bought it after reading reviews here. This is not my style. It reminds me of Max Mara. The bottle is so classy though - heavy and simple.

Sillage: with two spritz = more than a foot
Longevity: about 4 hours then close to skin after that

alanav09
alanav09

reminds me of 'clean' or 'amazing grace' with a touch of tuberose on top. def a CLEAN fragrance, so if you're into that, but wanna smell a little bit more like perfume rather than laundry, this is perfect for you.

floral floral floral!!!! goes along with j'adore and diorissimo, as well as inspire by christina aguilera, and a bunch of estee lauder scents.

annakalinova
annakalinova

Don't like it at all .. It smells like lime blossom tea

mhalo.sophia
mhalo.sophia

The best from Avon, on my opinion. It's simply classy and elegant. i wonder why it has been discontinued.

Opalwind
Opalwind

Today... what a heady scent, overall. The blossoms of orange and tuberose are chased closely by the bite of pepper, then I sensed an aquatic botanical (no doubt the cactus). The woods of cedar, the nectar of hibiscuss (perhaps the honeyed sweetness I detected) and a hint of musk durring dry down all added to an exotic (bird of paradise) surprise with it's delicate tropical closure.
I'm a tad disappointed in myself for allowing it to slip by me for over 7 years. It's staying power is just as heady.. put on wrist (only) in early evening and was surprised come morning that it's fade out was only by half.
Even with all it's subtle delicacies, I'm not sure I would recommend it for delicate senses. It's underlying boldness might be their undoing...
Opal

Vampiris
Vampiris

Today is a gem, a beautiful classy floral scent..it is simple and uplifting..love the jasmine note in it..not my top fav, because it's a bit soapy and 80s..

i like the bottle of this EDP..gorgeous color, neat design and i like the heavy feeling when i hold it in my hand..very simple and elegant..a lovely bottle to be added in perfume collections..

Today is classic, very feminine and friendly..

Juliana6

I smelled it on a colleague and went to the perfume store. I tried to found that wonderful scent among all the expensive bottles but it was in vain. I gave up.
At last I asked my colleague what was she wearing. And to my surprise her perfume was from Avon... THE AVON! I had always considered Avon frags as cheap, tasteless and total waste of money!!!
Well, I got my "Today" today. It's really beautiful- the honeysuckle and other flowers are sweet, the sandalwood calms them down and adds a veil of mystery.
I like the bottle too- it's not like the usual plastic decants Avon fills it's frags in. It's real glass, it's solid (like the bottles of Gucci, the liquid is like the sun frozen into a cube of ice. I will put it on my dressing table with pride.

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

I adore the sandalwood, musk, honey and honeysuckle I smell in this. It's rich and smells expensive. I've gotten compliments on it, but I can't wear it every day or it will bother my nose. It's a bit rich but I still adore it. :)

mihaelavm
mihaelavm

I'm so pleasantly impressed with this perfume, it smells unique, intoxicating fresh and subtle at the same time, elegant and expensive, i simply cannot believe it is from avon. When i wear this everybody asks me what i'm wearing, it's amazing.

Perfumefreak
Perfumefreak

Stunning!
Absolutely stunning.
I scratched the catalog and sniffed this beautiful and sumptuous scent.
A lots of white flowers and my favorite tuberose.
And somehow i felt so cosy and warm, like a little girl in her mothers arms.
So...I ordered this for my mother as a mother's day present. Usually she's very picky, but she instantly fell in love with this. I couldn't even get to try it on me.
Secretly i did and it suited my body chemistry so well, i ordered a bottle for myself also.
A real beauty!

polarisking
polarisking

It´s the perfume that I received more compliments in my life ... definitely a gem of Avon. It´s a refined and intoxicating fragrance!. A luxurious blend of Nardo, jasmine and freesia with a strong presence of pepper and musk. One man told me that it was entranced by the floral bouquet of this fragrance, another asked me the name of the designer perfume (and seemed delicious). It smells expensive, and the price is not ... very long lasting (forever in my skin). What else can I say? is one of my favorites.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Im with Sofababe on this one!!! This is not typical of Avon at all. This lasts a long long time too. Nice soft soft scent that stays with you all day. Surprise of my life on this lovely scent. OK, Avon, you are not as bad I as have made you out to be before!

sofababe
sofababe

I'm very impressed with this little number from Avon. Lovely white florals, elegant and lasts really well which is not something I generally associate with Avon.
Perfect for spring/summer, I may well be getting a full bottle of this very soon.
Today smells much more expensive than it is. Winner!

MsJitka
MsJitka

It's really a nice, "pure" scent suitable for everyday wear and yet simultaneously somewhat exceptional. I only regret the too much strong green overtone (too much for my taste).

Jellybean
Jellybean

This smells like linden blossoms:) Nice, fresh and light white floral. Freesia, tuberose and musk are the most prominent. Cactus note's pronounced during drydown. Interesting combination of ingredients, well done. Moderate silage.

goldpoint
goldpoint

One of the best perfumes on the market with quite affordable price.For me it is more proper for special occasions.The bottle is very heavy,it gives me discomfort to take it with me out or if I have to travel.Instead of considering to discontinue this perfume, I would suggest Avon to bring back the purse size.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

This frag smells just divine. Such a feminine & elegant smell; very flowery. I get many compliments on this one. When I tell people that it's from Avon, they're surprised. I have hooked a couple of friends on it. It has an amazing lasting power; this one is a keeper.

You are soo right Arimegahot!

arimegahot

I just bought it! It was my obsession since I smelled it in the Avon catalog,I run to buy it. It is very elegant, very classy, I'm dare to say smells better than any Chanel, Dior, YSL perfume, all houses, does not compare to what this perfume smells, so sophisticated.
It's incredible, the best I've ever smelled a floral like this in my life. Although the bottle seems as outmoded, the perfume is exquisite.
This perfume will be with me for many years, perfect for daily use!

ESPAÑOL!!
Ya lo compré! me obsecioné desde que lo olí en el catalogo Avon, en cuanto pude fui a comprarlo. es muy elegante, con mucha clase, me atrevo a decir que huele mucho mejor que cualquier perfume Chanel, Dior, YSL, la marca que me digan, no se compara a lo fino que huele este perfume.
Es un foral increible, el mejor floral que he olido en la vida. Aunque la botella se ve como pasada de moda, el perfume es exquisito.
este perfume estará conmigo por muchos años, perfecto para usarlo diario!!

BooBabe
BooBabe

I love this fragrance, so floral and feminine. Beautiful perfume!!

Lumiere
Lumiere

Salut to all fellow fragranticas. I just want to add my thumbs up for this perfume. I have a tester, despite of exotic flowers, I can smell familiar flowers, fresh and just cut, in the vase, with quite a note of fresh honey, you know-that brown and still very liquidy, with bees around it:)First stage of love, Today, smells with spring flowers. I would like this romantic smell to be part of the oriental sultriness of Tomorrow and ripe fruitiness of Always. I wish Love never to loose it's freshness.

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

I received this for Christmas a few years ago when it was first introduced. I remember the scent being nice, really, which i didn't expect from them. I've tried many Avon perfumes and this was the best in the lot,imo. Avon scents, btw, aren't so much uniteresting as they just don't have a proper budget to pull off some of their more "sophisticated" fragrances. That being said,why can't Avon just make a simple cologne, and market their first unisex fragrance?

Solun
Solun

This is very good parfume for women. It definitely smells like parfums from higher class.

Bob123
Bob123

If youre a floral person then this is for you but I'm not a fan if this I prefer tomorrow out f this collection ....today is too floral for me

Robinlolo
Robinlolo

I was intrigued by this perfume since getting a whiff of it in an Avon catalogue a few weeks ago. And when I received my sample today, I wasn't disappointed in the least. It was love at first smell, and it only got better. I seriously think I've found my signature scent. I can't define it or classify it, but I know it's the most incredible perfume I've smelled in a long time. THIS is how I want to smell. The drydown... oh la.

One thing worries me though- I googled the next few Avon brochures, and Today appears in the outlet brochure for the last campaign brochure of the year. It's an incredibly good deal, but does that mean it's going to be discontinued?!? How can this be?!?

So to all you fellow Today lovers, keep your eyes peeled for the next few Outlet brochures. You may want to stock up (but leave some for me)!

aprilchild
aprilchild

I read the description of this and was like OH that sounds so different i have to try it. then i bought it... and its not bad, its just not me. so i gave it to my mom. but i do enjoy smelling it sometimes.

RAYHANAH
RAYHANAH

This has to be the best Avon perfume Avon has produced. If some one had blind folded me and told me to smell, I would have thought this was a higher end market fragrance. All i can say is Beautiful, sexy, irresistible and is becoming the first perfume i draw for every morning.

cinsot
cinsot

After a somewhat disastrous relationship between my body chemistry and TTA Gold, I approached Avon's Today with a reasonable amount of caution.

I need not have worried as Today is spectacular! My skin loves it and I smell gorgeous in it (thank goodness!).

The tuberose note in Today is startlingly GOOD, perhaps one of the nicest presentations of tuberose on my skin. Now that's sayin' something right?

The tuberose in Today is crisp and fresh, not heavy nor is it potentially depressing due to the flower's innate sombreness.

I have no idea what cactus smells like but I am noticing a trend, perfumes I am falling madly in love with lately, all contain a cactus note.

I am familiar with this scent, it smells a lot like a range of French skincare I use. A delightful bonus.

Misenchanted
Misenchanted

I purchased a sample of this and have been wearing it for the last couple of days. I received my first compliment for wearing it today. What a lovely, feminine, floral fragrance. A perfect start for the Australian Spring. I will be buying a full bottle of this and look forward to wearing it during the hotter months.

octobersun
octobersun

This is really an enjoyable fragrance. It smells like a summer day after rain.

You are right Elka, Today is AMAZING!!

Elka-Karamelka
Elka-Karamelka

Every time I wear it I got tons of compliments and questions on the perfume - men colleagues want to buy it for their wives afterwards - they want to smell it always.
Light, fresh, floral and indulging, it attracts people to you. Just believe and try once :-)

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

This perfume works so well with my chemistry. I would not be without it. A compliment magnet.

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

it's quite nice, but I always want to wear another one of my perfumes more... so I gave it away.

biancaloren
biancaloren

FLORAL! So incredibly floral and I get nothing else....not that it is bad but....its just floral. I can only wear it once in a while too....floral!

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

This is the only Avon scent that I ever really loved. Today is much more expensive smelling than the average Avon fragrance. To me, this is slightly reminiscent of old school suntan lotion(much more elegant ofcourse) and I have had other people discribe it that way as well. I would imagine thats the orange blossom and perhaps the hibiscus.
All in all, this is a beautiful scent. Long lasting and carries well.(You will get tons of compliments)
A real Avon stand out!

StarMagix
StarMagix

I ordered this one first a few weeks ago and I like it too but I do like the Tomorrow best of the two I have. Today is a stronger scent to me but there is something in it that makes me just like it not love it. I will be using it from time to time because I like to change fragrances often so as not to become so use to them, I can no longer smell them on myself. Today is a lovely fragrance in a lovely heavy glass bottle and is a nice addition to my fragrance wardrobe. I will keep it.

madhatter1
madhatter1

It was a gift, its a nice floral that stays on, the pepper is a nice spicy accent. I need to wear it more.

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

A question which is better this or the gold????????

It is very important to me and opinions please
I'll be very grateful for your answers here or in private

dlb4ever
dlb4ever

This perfume is beautiful. It is definitely floral, as I never get to the wood smell but that is okay. The florals are pretty and mix well together. It is one of those perfumes that my husband always, always, always makes a comment on. On me it will last all day.

floricica

Considering it's thought to be one of Avon's best perfums, it was quite a dissappointment for me. my first wip of this perfum was in high school -one of my teachers use to wear it-At that time I thought it smelt great, however on me it doesn't seem to work quite the way I expected it to. Price wise i think it's a good bargin compared to others of it's kind -floral sents that is.

RadwaElshami
RadwaElshami

My first time to smell purely floral perfume, and it was a shock, not because it is bad, but I felt alienated from the regular vanilla line that fits my skin. I like to smell it on others, in the air, but I don't think I can get me one again. It is good if you like florals.

And this one too, I don't have this one EITHER!!!
I need to have them all! I am soo in love with this line! Thanks to Sophi I have some Amazing Tomorrow, and Orchidlover gave me some wonderful Avon's too, but this one is still missing in my collection!!
:-(

Siv55
Siv55

Initially thought this smelled like lily-of-the-valley at first, then flowers and green leaves generally. No lily note listed, but my mother just walked past me and said "lily-of -the-valley?" so it has a four feet wake at least. She likes it a lot so have just passed it on :)
Quite elegant, becomes slightly creamy?
Notes listed include cactus and strelitzia, neither of which really have a smell to my knowledge. ??

Avon perfumes generally underated. I had a fantastic one called Millenia, which I wish they'd bring back. (out in 2000) Perhaps they could bring it back for 2012 and call it Maya?? Please?

Lovable Amy
Lovable Amy

My Favourite from Avon. This perfume smell sophisticated and nice and the lasting power is just okay, 3 hours on my shirt. Suitable for office wear.

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

All I can smell is tuberose, I've been wearing this for 3 hours almost and it still didn't "evolve". It's not bad, I'm just not a huge fan of tuberose. I wish it was more musky.

EDIT:
I'm using it again today and I have to admit that it seems different from yesterday, I don't know if it's because the weather is very cold.
I can definitely smell the orange blossom too, and after about 5 hours of wearing it has evolved in a powdery delicate musky scent with a touch of cedar.
I'm liking it more!

fanciful
fanciful

Actual notes:

TOP: strelitzia, cactus
MIDDLE: strelitzia, hibiscus, orange blossom
BASE: sandalwood, cedar, musk

laura.poison
laura.poison

unfortunatelly, on my skin smells a bit synthetic, like roses born from a chemical reaction

moonwalker
moonwalker

This one doesnt work with my chemistry. I swear right now I have it on myself for about 4 hours and it hasnt changed a bit from the first moment of applying. On me it smells exactly like the first minutes of Treselle but whilst Treselle changes into beautiful feminine smell, this one stays the same - all I get is a cough sirup.

tonni
tonni

The biggest masterpiece of all AVON scents.Gorgeous,fresh,feminine and luminous floral scent,and it is not sweet.

flower,flower,flower...can you give more and more flower?HAHA,I am sure you will fall into the ocean of white flowers.

mery09
mery09

THis is the only perfume that I really like from Avon.Elegant and long lasting,I feel so good when I were this.

JenAirz
JenAirz

I have always loved this perfume, I was in college the first time I smelled this, one of my guy friends sprayed this on our microphone cover at a church choir and i was instantly mesmerized, I loved it from then on. I had been trying to look for this perfume for a long time now but had bad luck, a few days ago my hubby and I was at a local store when this lady showed me a Today by Avon bottle that didn't look like the original one, same cap but longer and leaner bottle, the box said Today but it had the word "Summer". It smells the same so I bought it, it also indicates in the bottle that it's eau de cologne instead of eau de parfum. Has anyone of you heard of this or seen this? I have been searching online but I can't see it this perfume anywhere. But anyway, it smells the same just doesn't lasts long.

gingergirl60
gingergirl60

Got this today from my Avon lady,on special for £4...bargain! i love it, a very pretty smell,delicious, and I agree with some previous contributors ,that it is Very Estee Lauder!

deeannek
deeannek

I bought Today, Tomorrow and Always (3 nice sized testers) on Ebay way back in February and thought the were ok but nothing special and at that time liked tomorrow the best. I have to say that, Today has really started grow one me during this heat wave. It is a very soft femine scent but not so soft that is disappears into the skin. It opens floral and then musky and the musk here is just beautiful it is not over bearing at all. I have never really been a snob about who makes the perfume but I never really considered Avon perfumes since I was a teen and since discovering Givenchy( my favorites) This trilogy has made me rethink that. This is a quality perfume and the bottles are well designed and do not look cheap or out of place with my modest collection. I think Today, Tomorrow and Always is a good starting place for those who are new to Avon's perfumes.

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

wow, a lot of reviews for this one. Its one of Avon's best fragrances. Perfect for many occassions including office wear, getting together with friends, casual evenings. Its floral, feminine, with pretty decent lasting power but never overpowering. Elegant and classy smelling at a reasonable price. It is a somewhat linear fragrance and for a really exciting evening outing, I personally prefer to wear my more complex fragrances but I do turn to Today for a variety of outings and have more than one bottle and intend using them all. All in all I definitely recommend this, its a lovely smelling perfume.

I like Today more than Tomorrow or Always. It smells light and floral. When I used it, people made compliments to it and asked what fragrance is it. The freesia note smells really nice in this fragrance. Later I was tired of this fragrance, but I still consider that it's nice enough.

Liina
Liina

Today is very strong and long-lasting fragrance. I usually like pepper notes and this one is no different. It is very sweet but not a girlie-sweet. Pepper along with freesia makes a vey feminine scent. I would wear it on special occations where I can be a real classical lady.
I would say this is a scent of love alongside with elegance and maturity.

dr_morphine
dr_morphine

Its very feminine and elegant,i always get nice comments about it whenever i wear it.

chi_chi
chi_chi

the best of the three fragrances.
tomorrow is very oriental for me.
always is very fruity.
this one is very classy and feminine.

claudia_23
claudia_23

i had this one 3 years ago and i remember it was a very pleasant smell the botle is very resistent and the staing power is very good, lasts all day on me. the smell is very rich kind of oriental flowery buy i don't know how to describe this one. but in conclusion worth buing for evening especialy .

pansylady
pansylady

I sampled this one yesterday, and fell in love- on me, it is predominantly orange blossom, but there are some slightly medicinal, calamine-ish top notes that brings to mind La Chasse aux Papillons by L'Artisan-maybe it's the honeysuckle-but I prefer today to La Chasse- the staying power is impressive-If you like warm white florals, please try it!

All in all, my new Avon favorite! Thanks again, Vintage!!

mhz_1973
mhz_1973

i like it... have had the same bottle for a few years now. i have to be "in the mood" to wear this... what that mood is, i don't know - lol

bottle's almost empty now, that should say something. =)

lalala
lalala

its reminds me somewhat of an Estee Lauder perfume. it is elegant and sophisticated.

Juma
Juma

It smells like spring- floral, sparkling, bright. Nice fragrance to make these dark and cloudy days more lively.
Edit after year and half-july 2011:It becomes one of my favourites, I adore it, everytime I wear it, it makes me smile.
It reminds me of sunlotion, late-fall vacation in Tunisia last year to where I brought only this gem...

AngelaGanttCarp
AngelaGanttCarp

Reminds me of the honeysuckle I used to smell on the fence when I was a kid. I usually don't have much success with Avon but this one is alright. I would not wear this one to special occasions. I would use it like I would a body spray. It certainly was at a price point that I wouldn't feel bad about that. It is more for hanging out around the house or running errands. On me, it lasts and I smell it on my clothes when I am collecting laundry. I would suggest this is a summer scent. All ages could enjoy Today.

KellyChrisp
KellyChrisp

I detested the smell in the beginning, like Coppertone sunblock to me with a lot of artificial chemicals mixed with, smells like artificial/ chemically/ plastic like. i keep sniffing it trying to smell the flowers. I just cant... my boyfriend wasn't too impressed with it in the beginning but then changed his mind and said it was quite all right and really nice. I tried it another few times and have changed my mind, its quite grown up and sophisticated.

*sophi*
*sophi*

Creamy,woody floral.Tuberose , freesia and orrange blossom dominates most in it.The creamy essence must be cactus,indeed.It has a perfect sillage and drying down is so amberry-musky.Amazing long-lasting,feminine and elegant chic.Gorgeous but rather an evening perfume.

vioversilver
vioversilver

This is just wonderful, sparkling and bright, very feminine . Guys especially have given me compliments on how good I smell when wearing this( very cute guys at that!)
This turned out to be a sexy scent for me after all then.
Today is just great all around , long lasting too. I 'm thinking its the pepper and cactus that works so well here along with its gorgeous florals.

A favorite.

guest_Diego
guest_Diego

Um perfume floral único!! Nunca senti um
aroma com esse característica delicada maravilhosa e exclusiva !!

guest_angel
guest_angel

I'm not normally at all interested in white florals, but this is an amazing scent - very classy and elegant, lasts for ages (usually you can still smell it on your clothes the next day), very feminine.

I've heard that it IS going to be discontinued, along with the others in the same range, 'Tomorrow' and 'Always'. I don't understand why Avon do this, it's so frustrating for those of us who love these perfumes.

Upside is that, as usual with soon-to-be-discontinued scents, this one is being reduced in price for the next few campaigns. Grab it while you can girls, you need to stock up now if you love this one.

MondeoGirl

My last review for this scent was over a year ago (below). Well, to update: This is STILL my most favourite Avon fragrance. I always buy at least one when it's on offer as I'm so worried it'll be discontinued!

Amazing value for money, this white floral smells chic and expensive, and has great lasting power. Perfect for all occasions and any season, it's an unbeatable all-rounder, better than many perfumes more than twice the price.

You will not be dissappointed with your purchase.

IuliaPana
IuliaPana

Nice recipient, good staying power, good sillage,good price...The only problem I have with this is that, on my skin, it is very linear, I only smell of good ol' sweet jasmin (I can see that jasmin isn't an ingredient, it's weird, probably it's the freesia combined with the others)...Nothing else...I like the scent but I would so much preffer a complex, daring and playful frag...

swampyg
swampyg

I agree with some of the comments here. The bottle is very solid and expensive looking. In fact I think I might just put it back on my dressing table shortly although there's not much room. The fragrance is lovely.

9154mf
9154mf

If you like classic white florals you willl ike this. i generally do not like them, however this scent is nice fresh floral and inoffensive and I think maybe I should allow myself some time with white florals to see what Im missing out on and if they can grow on me. Well I do like this for what it is, a really well done Avon that competes very well with higher end fragrances based on similar white florals. I have smelt this before: I cant say where or what it was because I would never have normally looked twice at a white floral like this but it is very similar to something alot more expensive that someone I know must wear. The only reason it doesn't get a great rating is because Im just much more into orientals and gourmands and so I have to rate this accordingly, but it's a very nice scent. It's not a sexy perfume in my opinion but would be great for many an occasion.

Rainmood
Rainmood

My very best perfume of all Avon fragrances (and I've had a lot). Expensive, mysterious and hey-man-you -just-can't-pass-me-by! And the bottle looks expensive to me, heavy, solid and very impressing! Superb!

lillybee
lillybee

A big surprise. I received 5 sample vials of this together with my purchase of Always EDT.

Today is a non-sweet, elegant and creative interpretation of the tropics after rain. The pepper mixed with white floral notes were more dominant in the first 2 hours together with a fresh, citrusy quality that never quite goes away, it even intensifies towards the drydown.

It smells like a lemony and slightly peachy tuberose about 5 hours after applying it. The scent reminds me of Benghal by Lancome but Today is woodier and more citrusy, Benghal is sweet and ambery. A well-worked blend I love wearing in hot weather. It's dry and slightly bitter with a soft floral background, I love it.

lubell18
lubell18

I absolutely adore Today. Having worked for Avon, I have sampled all of their many fragrances and I find this to be the most classic, elegant, and quite simply the best. Today is a beautiful, unoffensive floral scent that is not overly heady but has a definite presence. I love the freesia notes - they remind me of summers in the Hamptons and bike rides in the spring. This scent will appeal to all ages - my mother and I adore it equally. Highly recommended!

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

Wat houd ik van deze parfum. Lijkt wel een Estee Lauder, exotic parfum. Deze ruikt werkelijk heel goed, en blijft zelf langer ruiken dan EL. Echt een aanrader.

Oh what a good parfume, even better in stayingpower than Estee Lauder exotic, this is,imo,a lot similar to this one.
It is creamy and very nice, good work avon!!

Diegof7
Diegof7

Floral muito elegante e ideal pra ser usado em climas amenos !

itastica
itastica

This scent is so elegant. It smells quite unique. I own a lot of scents and I don't have one with this mix. I absolutely love it. Somehow it works amazing with my body chemistry and smells like pure lovely on my skin. Highly recommend. Absolutely the best Avon scent that I own. Such a relief after scents like Be Tempting and Tahitian whatever!

I agree with Mondeno below that it smells like an Estee Lauder perfume.

Kama
Kama

It is very flowery, strong scent.
It is not my favourite one, but I like it, as after few hours it is even more deaper and richer smell of flowers...
And it is VERY LONG LASTING...
I was able smell this pefume today few days later on my pulover!!!

Cherub573
Cherub573

Unfortunately I'm not good at picking out notes, particularly in florals. This scent makes me feel unobtrusively lovely, feminine, and sophisticated. Silky and golden, not too airy. It only lasted a few hours on me though. I like it, but don't think it fits my personal style. However, I still think it's a beautiful fragrance.

gucci
gucci

i when i first bought it i thought it would smell like the other two perfumes tommorow and always but it smells to citrus

falovalo
falovalo

I liked this at first, but after a while it started smelling like chemicals to me. I suppose it works on the right person as it is a very nice floral scent, it smells a bit like honeysuckles.

hydrangea
hydrangea

I love it more n more.IT smells like jasmine, then sweet.But my mother doesnt like.She smelled the said:"I cant accept, it makes me feel headache".BUt I & my younger sister like it very much, my sis like it rather than Avon Always.I like both of them.

tempera666
tempera666

Its the best of the Avon trilogy and my favorites parfume...

Pastella
Pastella

My favorites parfume...

namt2
namt2

mondeo, you're right. really like some Estee Lauder perfume. specially the intense note from the top the base.

i didn't think that it could last so long. but i can and truly worth every penny. i just sprayed once on my t-shirt then the next 2 days it still released the same smell like at first a little more gentle.

i do love this but not the one for everyday wear, maybe for evening or night out is a great idea,also for intimate occasion.

MondeoGirl

I LOVE this scent. Probably my favourite from Avon at the moment. Elegant, rich (in a subtle way) with lots of gorgeous white flowers and long lasting power, this always makes me feel that bit more classy - just with one spritz! If you didn't know differently, you could easily guess this is an Estee Lauder creation.

amanda
amanda

its elegant and nice, and a bit oriental in my oponion more oriental than woody or musky, but not my style really i would only buy this in a sale

SleepyAVON
SleepyAVON

So feminie, sweet and elegant. I love it!

crysna
crysna

i buy this as a gift to my mom. its very classy, refined, femenine and elegant. my mom was surprised and pleased when she smell and now i got my own bottle, it really works with our chemistry and clothes long lasting! everybody stop my mom and i to say please tell me what fragrance r u wearing? its awesome!! the today-tomorrow-always trilogy a best seller.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Today is a beautiful white creamy floral. There is something about this fragrance that brings me back to my childhood. Maybe it's the orange blossom? Sometimes I just spray the air above me and let it fall onto my hair. If I do apply directly to my skin, it lasts all day! In fact I can still smell it the next morning before I shower. Definitely worth the lower end price.

guest_leila
guest_leila

its very elegant and feminine, its the best of the avon trilogy. but its not longlasting. its creamy and floral and light

Today by Avon 3.90 out of 5 based on 741 ratings and 162 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Today fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Today, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Today by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Today by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.