Designers » A » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

True Glow Avon for women

True Glow Avon for women
dislike

True Glow Avon for women Pictures True Glow Avon for women Pictures True Glow Avon for women Pictures True Glow Avon for women Pictures

True Glow is a fragrance for happy woman. Jean-Louis Grauby, a French perfumeur, created it for Avon. True Glow is an optimistic and luminous floral fragrance with woody middle notes and musky base. The refreshing opening blends with sweet Fresia, mousewatering apple and crisp lemon, which awaken your scents and provide you with optimism. The note of Lotus and Passion Flower are blended with warm woody nuances in the heart of the composition. The sensual base includes Amber and Musk.

Freesia Red Apple Citruses

Passion Flower Lotus Woody Notes

Musk Amber

Wanted
D&G Light Blue
Bleu Marine Pour Elle

True Glow Fragrance Reviews

sunshinegurl17

I remember this being my "sexy" perfume. Looking back, I don't know why I liked it ( I guess tastes change). I remember this smelling warm, citrus, spicy. So probably a mix of the amber and musk, citrus, and maybe a spicy apple like Macintosh. Definitely not sweet or florals.

Orsyna
Orsyna

I love it!I have this small bottle since ages.Sweet but not too sweet it's perfect and long lasting.Fresh apple and musk warm fragrance.:))

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I just found this one and I am really loving it. It's bright, slightly citrusy and sweet. I can't understand why they discontinued this one. It's perfect for summer, but I would wear it year round too. Even the bottle is attractive. I do think longevity is lacking. It smells best about 20 minutes after it is sprayed and the drydown gets much weaker. It does not project very well but I still love it. I guess when I'm done with this bottle I'll have to find it on ebay.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

This is one of my favorites. Citrus lemon and apples along with musk. A warm glowing scent as it names reflects really well. A slight sweetness to it, but othing over powering. The scent lasted for ages. Perfect for the summer time and to be honest lovely all year round.

moonlightmaiden
moonlightmaiden

Does anyone else smell Christmas tree with this one? That was my first impression and the scent continued a little bit after the drydown. I love the smell, just not for me. Would make a nice room freshener or men's fragrance though.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

This was a very shortly produced fragrance for Avon and it was one of their better ones. I used to have this fragrace and the set of body lotion/shower gel.

On my skin, it was a mixture of lemon, apple and musk. It was one that to me smelled the best in hot weather.

For an Avon fragrance this one was quite long-lasting (around 2-4 hours).

I'd like to get this one back, I really liked it.

dero.gwiliy
dero.gwiliy

i love True Glow .It's a favorite of mine I want her again because it does not exist now

keke
keke

I absolutely love this fragrances, it reminds me of Dolce and Gabbana light blue for Ladies. It's fresh, citrus woody and a pleasure to wear in summer.

mystikfairy
mystikfairy

This for me is one of Avon's best. It's simple yet unique in such a way that it makes the wearer feel invigorated and refreshed right upon application. My sister gifted me with this and I put it on, thought mmmm.... this is nice and different... then I went to the mall to shop for clothes. Two salespersons in two different shops commented how nice I smelled. Oh, I forgot to mention that I live in Tokyo and Japanese are very picky with fragrances. They dislike "noisy" perfumes.... So I took it as a nice compliment. I love True Glow more every time I wear it. It makes me feel so fresh, happy and I just can't stop smiling!!! Just proves to show that price doesn't reflect on the quality of the fragrance.
Avon, please bring it back! ^u^
rating:
scent- very good
sillage- medium to very good, inoffensive and constant
longevity- 8 hours
price- reasonable
overall- a quality fragrance with longevity at a practical price

hapa
hapa

I was interested in this because of one of the reviews saying this was like the amazing Le Feu D'Issey. I sort of get the similarity but it is much closer to Zen by Shiseido (the most recent version).

The initial blast was like a very generic men's aftershave but then I applied more and it became a very happy citrusy scent that veered slightly towards Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue. It is very similiar to Shiseido's Zen but because this has been discontinued and is expensive on eBay as well as not having and longevity it is not a cheaper substitute for the real deal.

If you like the above mentioned perfumes, then this might be worth tracking down, if you can do so cheaply. Don't get me wrong because I do like this but it isn't worth paying a small fortune for.

türkân.ali
türkân.ali

My grandfather has a cologne aftershave that smells exactly the same way

Patricia888
Patricia888

This is the first Avon perfume I purchased. Before that I was skeptical and snobbish about Avon perfumes. But when I smelled this perfume it blew my mind. I have it now for several years and wear it only in autumn time as it nicely fits sunny but chilly autumn days. Yes, this perfume gives you energy and makes you feel happy but it also gives you a hint of melancholy (maybe because the summer is gone) but so so beautiful. The lasting power is wonderful - I have my usual three blows (on my wrists, on my neck and i my hair) and the perfume literally stays with me all day long. It`s almost like a golden aura around you. Protective, energizing elixir. Truly beautiful, love it a lot.

littlemax
littlemax

Would really love to know if anyone can recommend another that is similar to this. I love Avonn but a lot of their perfumes are cheap-ish and synthetic. This one is an exception!! Gorgeously lush fragrance that is a bit masculine but energetic and sweet at the same time and then fades to musk. I am at the end of my last bottle and hate that they've discontinued it!!

Nuusutaja
Nuusutaja

This one is wonderful - for every season, for every daytime. But it's not available any more. Does anybody know a similar scent, which could replace it? Zen by Shiseido is close, but maybe there is something more?

SPOILEDnose

best frag avon ever made. doesnt smell cheap at all! close to D&G light blue and the closest to miyake`s le feu d`issey i found yet which i adored but they discontinued it.

naheed
naheed

True Glow smells wonderful and is perfect for summer afternoons when sweat and the hot weather are not so good.

True Glow starts with sharp citrus but in bright and nice way, just like its names suggests. Then enjoins the accord of fruity and floral notes and soon after woods are there to make it a perfect mix of citrus, fruity florals and woodsy notes. I am a fan of woody scents mixed with light citruses and this one seems perfect for me.

This can be rated as unisex but for me, more females should be given a chance for this one. I like Avon fragrances.

Sillage is fairly good and longevity is very good. 9/10

flowersandcandy
flowersandcandy

This is a sharp,fresh fragrance perfect for summer.It's very optimistic and sunny and it lasts long.It has a slight masculine note but i think that makes it special.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I wish this smelled like Covet on me as some of the reviewers mentioned it had for them. For that reason alone I was intrigued.

On me it smells like the citrus of Pine-sol. An astringent type of scent medicinal in quality with the color to match. Sour and also masculine.

A scrubber on me for sure!

marcela86
marcela86

When I bought this I didn't like it, but now I love it! It's COVET (SJP) without chocolate, classy and citrous. It's true, It's a little bit on the masculine side thanks too the strong lemon and amber note, but this isn't bothering me at all, because it's so radiant, uplifting, fresh and sexy... a masterpiece from Avon!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

True glow is a sparkling flowery and woody scent with an oriental edge. it starts delicious fresh and fruity, then gets warm, exotic flowery and musky. it's longlasting, nice sillage, lasts forever on clothes and yes it smells quite unisex but more in the part of female androginty.

how ever, my husband loves it so mutch that he somethimes ask me for it and it smells really great on him too! quite interesting to have a fume which one smells indeed very sexy on both genders and the price is nice too.... is it deiscontinued ?? such a pitty. i m proudly owner of this lovely shaped bottle but wouldn t swap it for nothing.

avon is a strange house, they do so mutch rubish fumes without stayingpower and depth and then, one by one pops out as a gem! they should definitely find a line to do always same good quality as this one.

ajc
ajc

a bit masculine one. can smell citrus, red apple and musk in it.its good for winter and for summer.bottle is sexy:)

crakky
crakky

To me it smells like RED APPLE...a lot of this one...but it is very glamorous and shiny like the name says...defenetly love this one...although it is kinda' musky at the end...:D

RkrChk
RkrChk

Another Avon gem...I love the way the passion flower takes center stage on my skin...the apple, lemon and freesia mingle together in a non-intrusive manner on my skin...The musk holds it all together for a mellow dry down...So sad to see Avon discontinue it...

If you'd like to try a lovely variation of this, a dead ringer for its little sister is Jesse McCartney's "Wanted." It's incredible how these two smell so invitingly similar on me...

Halvah
Halvah

I love this perfume, my absolute favourite from Avon, actually, I could easily wear this all year, all time. It's awesome in summer, beautiful in winter, extravagant in the evening and naturally exciting during the day. A perfect fragrance that hopefully won't be discontinued by Avon as most of the great fragrances are.....
It's a little bit masculine, but smells overly feminine on my skin. I think it could be my signature fragrance....

guest_Bwalasom
guest_Bwalasom

I started using true glow about 3 years ago. I don't think I've ever had a course to regret that step that I took. The perfume is just great.

rosered
rosered

It just smells awesome to me
True glow , I hate to see you go :(

I rarely buy Avon , but True Glow and Surreal is my faves of the Lot

you can smell the citrus initially
but than comes that
vetiver ever so vague and the light musk scent they compliment each other well , love vetiver as a base note in many perfumes
Just one of my favorite all time ''fumes ''

i DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY, I LOVE MY TRUE GLOW AND I WISH AVON WOULD STOP DISCONTINUING ALL THE FRAGRANCES I GROW TO LOVE, BECAUSE IT'S HARD FOR ME TO FIND ONE I CAN WEAR, LIKE THE TRACEL,WHAT HAPPENED TO IT??? YOURS ALWAYS AND FOREVER SILVIA M. OF ROSWELL,NM

nyoka
nyoka

I had this one butt,gave it away.It is one of the few that i think stinks.Thought I would love it.Amber u no.Maybe just my body chemistry

katyas
katyas

It starts off with an interesting blend of citrus and woods, then the woods disappear into the citrus after about a minute. As time goes on, the woods start to creep back out, combined with the Lotus (I don't get the passionflower, or maybe I just don't recognize it - but I do recognize the Lotus) and it turns musky. I really like it for me; although the citrus can be a bit much right at first it quickly balances itself. Lovely.

ynhorton
ynhorton

I've been wearing Avon True Glow almost exclusively for over a year. I just LOVE it!! To me it smells expensive. It's one of the few fragrances my husband loves too. And I think it's because it has a very slightly masculine smell...but that's good...don't we want the men to enjoy our scent?

mandashell
mandashell

This is a very spicy, woody and warm fragrance. Have never smelled anything like it nor do I own a scent similar to it. Starts out mildly citrusy and fruity then turns very very woody giving it a masculine edge. So far I like it and definately have to get use this unique scent. Would definately use this during the winter and cool summer nights.

Aalia
Aalia

The lemon is dominant, and persistent.
I did not catch any apple, just a strong fruity opening all around. The freesia stays in the background, but providing some depth, strength, and fullness for the scent. The passion flower is dry, and light, as it should be, and really, the perfume itself smells more of passion fruit, than the flower. It's woody charachteristics are few and fleeting, I only felt it to be woody for a few moments during wear. Sure, as a floral woody musk, it represents, but I found it to be too sweet, too fruity, too young(sigh)..and a bit too dull for me. It reminds me of the Perfumes DeCour Body Fantasies
Body Spray line, it seems extremely similar, for the strength, the texture, style, and compostion of the perfume itself.

mandi
mandi

this is a wonderful scent but i think it is aimed at the wrong market. in my opinion it is better suited to gents. the lemon note dominates this scent.

i bought this a while back because of some good reviews; before i got a chance to wear it a male friend/collegue came to my office and eventually tried it on. He liked it so much that i told him he could have it.

infact i was relieved that he had tried it because while i loved how it smelled on him it would have been a disaster on me. it's a very masculine fragrance and i'm a very girly girl.

so in short i'd say great product but wrong target market.

gesch
gesch

it's really a wondrous thing what body chemistry and a perfume can do:
I have a friend of mine who LOVES this on me - i like it only on paper.

there it is a milky-mandarine amber spice whereas on me it's mostly citrusy-mandarine with a bit of wood.
I wear it when i meet her or when i want to feel energized/happy.
It's a good one of avon, but I won't buy it again because I want to smell more than just like a fruit ;)

I envy those on whom it smells like amber with spice!

sublimedoll
sublimedoll

I cannot believe the review before mine! I used my tester of this today and I immediately wanted to buy it - it only got better throughout the day and know I know I must buy it *someday-hopefully soon*. This scent is so warm and musky - maybe Guerlain's body chemistry just doesn't work well with it (I have found several scents that are beyond awesome on others smell completely rancid on me). To me this scent is extremely warm and the amber and musk definitely come through. Love*Love*Love

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

Bought this unsiffed because of the great reviews on another site! But... *OMG* I can NOT belive the good reviews on this so called perfume. It is the WORST perfume I have EVER EVER EVER tested EVER. it smells like the worst sour cat pee (excuse my language, but it has to be told) mixed with something rotten ... like rotten vegetables & cat pee, that's what this smells like! Boyfriend agrees totally!! Had to scrub my arm until it got red and almost bled to get this stink off... *fainting* :( !!!!!

barbiot35

Last winter i used it, felt very good and got too much compliments about my scent!...Woodsy, musky yet fresh fragrance with very good lasting power!
If i won't use it again, the reason will only be bad memories of those time...

sharyssa
sharyssa

Yes this smells fabulous!I didn't expect so much from an Avon fragrance but wow! I like the citrus note with the slightly masculine notes! Very well done and I give it 5 stars!

skorpions
skorpions

i love true glow, it is so warm and spicy little bit. and good price too.

rieuse
rieuse

I've just received True Glow and I wasn't sure how much I liked it from the first sniff. It reminded me of Covet by SJP mostly because of their top lemon notes. I don't really like Covet so I became a lil disappointed. Then after 10 minutes I sniffed my wrist again and instantly fell in love with the scent. It became rich and unique and opened on skin beautifully. The amber notes are not "oldy" at all, they do not make you suffocate like prehistoric fragrances. I would say this is a modern unique fragrance suitable for office and casual wear with the lasting power of ~3-4 hours.

Pastella
Pastella

Perfume, which I have received a special opportunity, is very subtle and pleasant, jovial and easy-but then again adamant ..

THANK YOU AVON!!! NOW I KNOW YOU CAN MAKE UNIQUE FRAGRANCES TOO!!!:D
I was absolutely wondering that this smells so unique, special and EXPENSIVE - WOW - for this price its a gift!!! It smells like olibanum in winter, smells like a classic fire, like unique woman!
Absolutely NOT (Avon-)cheap, asolutly worth to buy for this price!!! If you like Leau Feu D`Issey (witch is not available anymore:( or you like declaration from Cartier or Dolce`s Light Blue then i guess YOU WILL LIKE THIS TOO!!! Very unique!!

barbiot35

I like it soo much and I want to have it in shortest time...I think it's a fresh and sexy winter fragrance...After Alien, it's gonna be my winter fav i think!...

nouny
nouny

it smells bad i didn't like it even my friends its smell is like sun lol
i dunno why but nice 4 old ladies

dolita
dolita

first when i saw the bottle i were in love with it but after wearing it really i felt headache and decided not to wear it again it smells sour on my skin :(

I don't usually like Avon perfumes, but this is a very different scent that I really enjoy. I'm surprised that the opening is supposed to be lemon and apple - all I get in the top notes is orange. Then, seducing amber and wood notes get ya. (With the lotus flower settling over the cracks.)

Does it remind ANYONE of citronella candles and a campfire, or is it just me?? This is a perfect fall/early winter scent, in my opinion... a nice choice to alternate with your vanilla-y/patchouli-y winter scents.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I really, really like this one! It's the 1st perfume that I can wear any day, any mood. It's not too over the top in any way. There is a nice citrus tone (I smell grapefruit), and also a nice warmth and SUBTLE sweetness that lingers. It's actually quite sexy. AND you can't beat the price!!

crysna
crysna

another hit by avon perfumes! lovely, radiant and truly makes me feel and stays happy! worth every penny on this, i recommend it to everyone. inner ur own sensuality!!

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

this is one of my most favorite avon perfumes. it is so bright, uplifting and warm. makes you feel very optimistic. smells long time. every time i smell it i see an image of a dazlling amber gemstone

2007

True Glow by Avon 3.42 out of 5 based on 205 ratings and 50 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon True Glow fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon True Glow, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify True Glow by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of True Glow by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.