Designers » A » Floral « Groups

U by Ungaro for Her Avon for women

U by Ungaro for Her Avon for women
dislike

U by Ungaro for Her Avon for women Pictures U by Ungaro for Her Avon for women Pictures

Fragrance duo U by Ungaro for Him and for Her are created in 2008 as a result of collaboration between two big houses, Avon and Emanuel Ungaro.

U by Ungaro for Her is a modern floral fragrance which features notes of bergamot blossom, freesia and pepper blossom in the top, acacia, living lotus flower, and osmanthus in the heart, and orris, sandalwood and musk in the base.

This fragrance was created by Jean Marc Chaillan and Loc Dong. The face of U by Ungaro for Her will be the Oscar winning actress Reese Witherspoon, the ambassador and global face for Avon.

The fragrance is available since August 2008.

U by Ungaro for Her was created by Marc Chaillant, Loc Dong and Jean-Marc Chaillan.

Freesia Bergamot Pepper

Wings Femme

U by Ungaro for Her Fragrance Reviews

mshimoz
mshimoz

NO ! it's so ordinaryyyyyyyyy can't even give it a tryyyyyyy :/

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

One of the classiest scents ever produced by Avon! i miss it, it was so enigmatic and lasted all day!

gawerika
gawerika

This never made to my country, never saw it in any of the Avon Brochures here! I definitely would like to test this some day...

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Freesia, a hint of white pepper, with bergamot rather than lemon/grapefruit/lime. Quite watery and light. Great as after-shower spray. Like a very weak version of Pleasures. Nice but not remarkable or memorable or unique. Bottle with Ungaro label will look nice in the bathroom so will use both of my bottles as air freshener. Longevity and sillage seems lacking.

One spray on me:
Sillage: a foot at best
Longevity: about two hours
Rating: 1/5 for weak longevity and sillage as well as watery character

polkadot27
polkadot27

powdery,peppery musk basically sums this up. I didn't like it and gave it away. It's just not blended well, the scent tickles the back of my throat it's so peppery and powdery.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Its really not bad if u are looking for a slightly sweet and flowery smell. It reminds me a bit of Lacoste Dream of Pink but less citrusy and much much milder. It doesn't last long and its not a knock out scent either. I'd say it would work better on young teens who want a "grown up" perfume. It's just cute but thats about it.

U can follow me on YouTube @ BeautyOnSale

Ouch!
Ouch!

This to me smells like a cross between Miracle and Pleasures by Estee Lauder. Like if they had a baby bottle of fragrance. A cheaper smelling version of both though.

It's almost kind of aquatic too. I like it! I'm not sure I'd buy it but hey..

This is VERY floral, with a fresh twist. Extremely feminine. And the fresh feesia makes it feel a bit sparkly. I can see how this could possibly become a bit headachey as it has a certain sharpness to it but that's fine with me, fumes don't give me headaches.

I didn't expect to like this so much but I do.

It softens as it dries and fades quite quickly though. I find this with most Avon fragrances apart from "Far Away".

taghreed hassan
taghreed hassan

حلو قوي

kitten_purry
kitten_purry

One of my favorites when i was at high school ! And everytime i used it i really get clean shampoo smell, my crush, my friends always compliment me, even some guys other classes compliment me i didint even know !!

1Nat2Tasha
1Nat2Tasha

Love it :):) Each time I use it, I just feel like I'm in another world :)

artemaida
artemaida

very very nice scent..very similar to miracle but la bit lighter..

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

Uhmm! I'M REALLY NOT SURE IF I LIKE IT SO I HAVE A FULL BOTTLE TO SWAP IF SOMEONE'S INTERESTING SPRAYED ONLY 2 TIMES
nice feminime but i'm not sure so.... You wnt it! it's yours :D

polarisking

... and so is more like lancome Miracle as it also has amber and a touch of litchi fruit.

polarisking

I tested this perfume, and I said I like the combination of lotus and freesia but is too "pink and watery" for my taste, and I thought, with notes of amber would give it : body, berries, a fruity touch and violet: depth and sensuality, and this perfume would be balanced. I thought about mixing it with Step into Sexy (also Avon) and voila, a perfect combination of floral and longer lasting than apart!

LillyBunnyBoo
LillyBunnyBoo

Oh, God. Why don't they just bottle some rubbing alcohol and Splenda and call it a day? This stuff is NNNNAAAASSSTTTYYY. Eau de B.O. extraordinaire.

Petals_and_Perfumes
Petals_and_Perfumes

LOVE IT! I love all the feminine, floral perfumes though. This one is all that... down to its pink, shaply bottle! Some of you are really great with picking out scents but I all I know is that, when I smell it, I either love it or hate it. I love it because it's floral and creamy and - when it settles on my skin - it smells very clean and makes me feel alert and rejuvenated. Perfect for the office, but sweet and sexy enough for nights out. A+ on this one, Avon! Finally... Thank you. I fear I've discovered it too late though - I bought it on clearance so I'm sure it's being phased out. WHY DOES AVON DO THAT WITH ALL THE GREAT ONES?

weswessa
weswessa

It's very good sweet floral,but very light..very very light,nearly undetected except when you stick your nose to your skin!

franny
franny

I smelled a sample in an Avon brochure and ordered the purse spray of this because it smelled nice. Well, I got it today and put some on and realized it's definitely NOT for me! It smells great at first, but after a while it gives me an intense headache and starts smelling cheap. I will be giving this one away!

Liina
Liina

U by Ungaro is very sweet floral, definitely a pink scent by all means. It's actually sickeningly sweet on my skin and not getting any better. It reminds me of something old. I don't know what it exactly is. Maybe it reminds me of a scent that older women would wear. Well, as much as I love Reese Witherspoon I'll pass this one.

Being quite a fan of Emanuel Ungaro, in general, and a lover of Avon (especially their vintages); THIS seemed like a "lock" for me. I got the U by Ungaro for Him in 2008, when it came out (in a three piece set with shave balm and body wash), and Mother got the womens (with wash and lotion)...

I like the mens, and Mom loved "hers" at first; but was quickly over it. She gifted the three piece set to a dear friend of mine. I gave this, as a present, to my neighbor last Christmas (from a sale book) and it smells divine on her!

On me...

It's a bit flowery (read: "girly")...and that is very nice (and never stopped me from wearing other perfumes) BUT my skin tends to "eat" most light springy florals for breakfast! It almost reminds me of a cross between RL Blue and Cynthia Rowley's LE release "Flower" with a nice splash of Eau Torride. The opening is spicy/floral with a nice citrus blossom breeze wafting around a great freesia note. As it develops, the heart BURSTS with rich florals like acacia (a locust-type tree) flowers *the main note in Eau Torride* that give this a unique scent along with smooth sweet osmanthus (that later becomes almost honey-fruity) and a living lotus "headspace" note (a way to capture the scent of the flower without actually harming it). This is actually better than I remembered it, on smelling it again today for this review! U by Ungaro (pink/for her) is one of those scents that smells better (to me) on someone (else) than on paper or in the air. The drydown is powdery green, woody and musky; but not too much of any of them. Iris roots lend a hint of green juiciness, but it is mostly a light sandalwood and white musk. Lovely, as I said, but no "Instant Classic" or anything...

Sillage: good
Longevity: average
Overall: 3/5

U is nice, but I need a bit more "oomph!" in my florals...and darker ones at that. This has no really "heavy" basenotes here; but it is sexy, fresh and floral. Just not for me! For the price, it is a great buy and could be worn anywhere day or night actually. It is definitely not "cheap" smelling, but is not niche either. "She" is just a good all 'round type of gal!

This disappeared for a few months from the brochures and now is back at full price. If you like it get it as it may be going going...GONE!

fanciful
fanciful

Actual notes:

TOP: bergamot blossom, freesia, pepper blossom
MIDDLE: acacia, lotus flower, osmanthus
BASE: orris, sandalwood, musk

truffles
truffles

Hmmmm. This smells a BIT like Miracle, not a lot, a BIT.
It smells to me like an element of Miracle mixed with a 'conventional mumsy floral' like EA Fifth Avenue. It's this second ingredient in the mix which dominates and makes U literally unwearable for me. Also, Lilou has it right, there's no complexity or depth to this and I think it smells a bit cheap/common. My U samples received today are already gone to the charity shop!
Ps. what is wrong with Avon these days? I've started investigating their frags recently and all the ones I've smelled so far have been cheap/floral/identikit/mingin! They used to do some really lovely ones in the 70/80s. Or am I just picking the wrong ones (or an old biddy!)?

lilou
lilou

I liked it because it's a floral one (usually I like gourmand or sweet-floral perfumes) but just a little bit : what a common perfume ! And it doesn't last. Not a good choice for women who love deep scents and mysterious trails...

bombonica
bombonica

Just hate it..had it about 1-2 years ago, used it for 4/5 times and gave it away to an older neighbor that loved the smell. Was a waste of money

Faith17
Faith17

Oh man, this smells so similar to the original "Miracle" from Lancome. That's pretty good considering that it is so much cheaper! If you enjoy Miracle, but don't want to pay so much for it, this one is for you!

guest_wendygirl
guest_wendygirl

this is not a pleasant smell at all!!!

Fragrancelover79
Fragrancelover79

This is a lovely fragrance! It smells so sensual and sexy. I love it! I wasn't gonna buy it because of the price, but I'm so glad I did because I love it."

chaton2781
chaton2781

Another reviewer mentioned wood shavings. It might explain why this fragrance smells exactly like scented toilet paper to me. It is not unpleasant, but not very interesting either : a fresh floral that won't draw anyone's attention.

Thanks to Sofiapap I was able to test this perfume and I REALLY love it!! Again Ungaro succeeding in going sensual!!
TOP!

nickflick
nickflick

Don't really like the lotus in this and hated the smell at first as it was quite insipid on me. Layering with body products helped longevity and gave this fragrance a lot more depth. I will continue to wear it this way. If you don't like gucci envy you probably won't like this as it is that type of scent.

nyoka
nyoka

This may sound crazy but,i mix this with euphoria by calvin cline and it creates a scent you wont believe.Men love it.Men ask me all the time what i am wearing.Even men in their 20s ask because they want it for their girlfriends.When i tell them about the mix,they look perplexed but,i have even nad them write it down.Give it a try.It could be what you have been looking for.Hard to describe.The closest i can say is flowerly,woodsy,earthy to the max,and a attention getter.

LoveLy
LoveLy

this smells really really really good. and it lasted quite a bit on my skin

guest_pearly
guest_pearly

Avon's contender for Lancome Miracle - only for a fraction of the price and alot more tolerable.

guest_bontsuiese
guest_bontsuiese

i am sublime

lanhua
lanhua

At first I wasn't that keen on it maybe because in winter I tend to like "strong" perfumes. Now when it's summer I really appreciate it! It's light but its staying power is right for me and it doesn't give me a headache. Very pleasant!

Vic
Vic

It does smell like Lancome Miracle indeed! But much less long lasting. A bit pungent to my taste.

gucci
gucci

my friend has it she loves it me too but it's really light in smell

Kama
Kama

I think they are very nice perfume, smells a bit liek Pleasures Estee Lauder mixed with some more flower perfume.. like miracle one;)

snobuni77
snobuni77

It reminds me of curve a little bit.They both have this pencil shavings scent to them... and even so I like them both.

I have to say that out of all the Avon perfumes I have sampled this is the only one I can stand.Its not overly floral & its very un offending.

Inani
Inani

is it long lasting?what do u think?i tried its tester some time ago and after an hour or so i couldn't smell anything on my skin.

clairenose
clairenose

Smells a lot like Lancome Miracle, watery flowers (ie smells like water) which is probably from the lotus, a light woody undertone and a hint of pink pepper which likens it to Chanel Chance. Smells quite expensive on but not so nice off the skin.

alina terec
alina terec

tipical floral scent for women. i like it but i'm not crazy for it. too avonish

irina_psaryanova
irina_psaryanova

Not the scent I would buy again, but for everyday use is okay! Smells fresh, but too floral for me!

A nice soft Feminine fragrance. I have found my signature fragrance. Thank you Avon.
Lee

a bit vintage

I do have this now, and I am pleasantly surprised. It's a very pretty floral, feminine. Not old-fashioned by any means, I think it can be enjoyed by young and older. Rock on Avon!!!

a bit vintage

I sampled the smelly page in the Avon book, and I am so looking forward to getting this new perfume!! I'm really excited about it.

U by Ungaro for Her by Avon 3.38 out of 5 based on 208 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon U by Ungaro for Her fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon U by Ungaro for Her, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify U by Ungaro for Her by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of U by Ungaro for Her by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.