Designers » A » Floral Green « Groups

Viva by Fergie Avon for women

Viva by Fergie Avon for women
dislike

Viva by Fergie Avon for women Videos Viva by Fergie Avon for women Videos
Viva by Fergie Avon for women Pictures Viva by Fergie Avon for women Pictures Viva by Fergie Avon for women Pictures Viva by Fergie Avon for women Pictures Viva by Fergie Avon for women Pictures Viva by Fergie Avon for women Pictures Viva by Fergie Avon for women Pictures

Avon launches the third fragrance by the famous pop star Fergie, named Viva by Fergie, in the spring of 2012. The new fragrance is advertised as fearless and daring with the slogan "Live by Your Own Rules." The composition is fresh and floral, blended out of cooling herbs, fierce lavender and intriguing vetiver.

“Viva is a fresh and unexpected fragrance that brings out the duality of a woman. Powerful, yet seductive, and living life by her own rules,” described Fergie.

The fragrance opens with green notes and continues to the combination of mint, lavender, spices and flowers, and ends up with the woody base of vetiver.

Viva by Fergie is available as 50 ml Eau de Parfum, 150 ml body lotion and 75 ml perfumed body spray. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent Le Guernec.

Green Notes Bergamot

Lavender Mint Narcissus

Vetiver White Musk Woody Notes

Viva by Fergie Fragrance Reviews

HeidiLynn

I love this fragrance, and first tried it about a year ago (see review below); it's a delightfully crisp fougere.

But, when I pulled my bottle out of storage to celebrate spring and the transition of fragrances on my dresser....I am afraid this gem has faded a bit. There seems to be less vitality to the notes, especially the initial lavender and bergamot which is so lovely here. The drydown I think is similar, but not the starting composition.

Just a warning or FYI for folks! Use it or lose it!

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

The only feminine part of this perfume it's only the name..... Nothing more. Smells like men's after shave.

z.mayad
z.mayad

For me this for men no't for women at all..

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I just got a sample and I absolutely can not stop smelling it!!! True, it does not last long on the skin, but I sprayed it on my shirt and it seems to keep holding on. I love it and plan to buy the bottle!

Update: Been wearing it on my shirt for over 8 hours and it is still as pungent as ever!

CathieH
CathieH

I agree with GermanChocolat7 this is an aromatic fougere I definitely get the lavender first and then later the woods and a bit of spice not much else. As to being masculine my opinion is that it's on the feminine side of masculine, if you could say that. Doesn't last very long at all particularly being an EDP but overall nice. If I were to get this perfume I would get the body lotion to see if made any difference.

WolfHaleigh
WolfHaleigh

If you're going to purchase this, note that it has that very floral presence. If you don't do floral, don't get this one. I wear this on occasion because I don't floral much. I see why a lot of people go for the spring with this one - aromatic/floral is a good route for the season. I got it in January, so that's what I identify it with.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

It irks me a tiny bit that a 'powerful' woman who wears this will smell like a man... Because it smells just like a men's cologne, with bergamot, vetiver and hints of lavender. It's not a bad smell at all though, just definitely unisex.

Sharyl
Sharyl

Update:

My burly, very masculine husband LOVES this. Of the modern fragrances he usually goes for the fruity-floral-gourmand variety (or maybe that's just all he could ever find to buy me), but every time I wear it he says, "Wow, you smell REALLY beautiful!" I just tell him "It's this stuff called 'Viva'"--I do not tell him it's Avon, I do not tell him it's Fergie, and I sure as heck don't tell him that a lot of people find it too masculine. That will be my little secret. :)

Original review:

This was a blind buy for me--I'd seen some intriguing reviews, and I found it priced so cheaply that I figured I'd just buy it rather than chase down an Avon representative for samples.

Neither the vetiver nor the lavender is very strong, but this is a fairly nice, herbaly fougere that veers slightly masculine (a plus, as far as I'm concerned--I've always rather enjoyed wearing men's fragrances). Sadly, it does smell a bit cheap and fades within an hour on me. Still, I think Fergie's perfumer did something interesting enough here that it got me to overcome my natural prejudice against celebrity scents...at least temporarily. :)

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I'd love to sum this up in one word (ie "boring") - but I dislike reviews that lack any real information. On me, this is nothing but basic, generic, synthetic florals. No mint, no musk, definitely no Vetiver and I don't get even a hint of Lavender. Don't get me wrong, it's actually a sweet, pretty smell...but considering the notes listed here, that's not enough for me to say that I like it, or that I think it's worth it's ridiculous price tag of $60 in Australian Avon Catalogs.
Avon seems to be a big "hit and miss" brand for me. Sometimes I get lucky and am wowed by their perfumes (Imari Seduction being one) - and other times I get the same thing over and over again, which has been the case with Viva. Nothing but synthetic flowers and rubbing alcohol. Lasts all of 10 minutes before it's gone. Sorry, but this is a 0/10 for me.

GermanChocolat7
GermanChocolat7

This is an aromatic fougère fragrance that is fresh, cool, and herbal. It is sharp and crisp; almost astringent. The fragrance is contradictory because it is a sparkling clean and refreshing scent that invigorates and rejuvenates, yet at the same time is soothing and relaxing. It is also marketed as a perfume for women, but could very well be used as a cologne for men; it smells unisex. This reminds me of Yves Rocher Eryo Blue (for men), except Viva barely has any sillage, and doesn't last long, even when layered with its coordinating shower gel, body lotion, and eau de parfum rollette.

Perfumenut1
Perfumenut1

This is the second 'celebrity scent' that I have ever purchased (and one of the few Avon ones that I own) the first being SJP Lovely, incidently both were composed by the same perfumer. I usually avoid celebrity scents however after reading reviews and notes I got a cheap 15ml spray even though i am trying to avoid blind buying, I thought for the price why not? Well I haven't been disappointed - a lovely fresh herbal almost clean smell, great for everyday wear. Lasting power is not great, but ive paid 10X more for perfumes that last the same, sillage is literally none existance. If your into flowery or gourmond compositions you're most likely not going to like this. Having recently drastically reduced my collection, its given me thought in my perfume journey that something cheap and from a brand that I wouldn't normally look twice at, have come up with something that is different and original.
It also doesnt appear to cause me any headache, something I've noticed Im getting lately not sure if this is down to the hot weather, or just me!

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

bem logo que coloco parece um pouco cm 212 Vip...depois vai se modificando...mais mesmo assim muito bom o cheiro que fica amoooooooooooooo...

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

The pretty opening of Viva is invigorating.The mint and daffodil and fruit make a unique and happy top note that almost reminds me of kiwi. But after a minute, a note or note combo that I don't like peeps his head in and ruins it for me. I think the heart note reminds me of someone I didn't get along with who wore a similar note in his cologne. If I could only keep the top note alive, then I could enjoy this.

Mostly a watery aquatic for women, and as others have said, doesn't last very long. It's not offensive or bad, it's just very not impressive either. As far as celebrity scents it has the distinction of not being another boring fruity floral at least. I do think it's much better than Outspoken and it's sister, but since those are so very bland and unremarkable, that's not a huge effort. (Not saying they're bad, just that they aren't really different enough to stand out in the world of millions of like-fragrances.)

HeidiLynn

I just couldn’t get enough of this fragrance from my sample vials alone, so I sprung for a full bottle—so happy I did!

The bottle is quite lovely. One minute, it looks sleek and futuristic; the next, it looks totally 60’s retro; then it looks like it belongs on the dressing table of a 1920’s flapper. The bottle shape is a squared off pair of confident shoulders, with a sharp and slimming grey triangle accent in the center and a ruffled-rectangle cap. The perfume inside is a lovely shade of lavender, a perfect complement to the fragrance itself.

The fragrance itself is a study in contrasts: the bergamot in the beginning is crisp, but not citrusy; the lavender is clean and fresh, but not soapy. There are green notes, and it is somewhat herbal—but not too savory and not spicy. I don’t smell mint, but think it must be contributing to the lingering freshness and sense of vitality; I don’t sense the narcissus. It is refreshing and energizing, but not aquatic or watery. It is labeled as a feminine perfume, but it is not floral or fruity at all. By default, and because of the fougere elements, this can come across as a masculine scent—but I would consider it a very classy unisex perfume that either gender could wear with confidence.

As it dries down, the woody-earthy note of vetiver rises to the surface, and the fact that there is musk becomes more apparent. These elements balance the bergamot-lavender scents; the fragrance evolves from a purely clean and refreshing scent to one that is warmer and “lived in”.

After 6-8 hours, this fragrance is a lovely, warm, mild and yet strong earthy-musk. It retains all of the character of bergamot and lavender, but has developed on my skin. My chemistry loves this fragrance—it stays with me for a long time, and I feel that it unites with my perspiration and natural pheromones. It makes me feel cheerful, confident and energized; and yet also calm and relaxed.

This is a great everyday scent that I really enjoy wearing. Sillage is moderate, longevity 8+ hours on my skin. I highly recommend this if you enjoy fresh, crisp yet balanced scents.

veritech
veritech

At first I wasn't too sure about this one. I thought it was something I'd like my husband to wear, and immediately thought it was more a unisex fragrance than anything. I put it away for a while and decided to give it another chance. I was afraid of it being strong, because it starts out that way, then I lost it during the day. Ok, it fades out(I thought). I took my hair out of it's clip for the day and smelled something really good and realized it was Viva! I had gotten it on my hair and it was still there after the long day I had. I'm a little surprised at how it changed throughout the day, maybe it's my chemistry, but I really thought it went from masculine to feminine(to me). Lavender and mint has more of a (should be on a guy) vibe to me but I like how it works out with Viva. It doesn't blast out which I find is much nicer than having someone smell me a mile away. Not sure if it's something I'd wear every day but right now I'm kind of liking this one ALOT!

janalednova
janalednova

After reading comments it seems to me that people who like Outspoken and Outspoken Intense, don't like Viva and those who like Viva, don't like Outspoken and Outspoken Intense. I am one of those who like Outspoken and Outspoken Intense. Viva is very very different from them two. Bu there is one thing all 3 fragrances have in common - no one of them lasts very long.

pickletastic
pickletastic

As others have said, it is nicely fresh, and is very much a mild herby fougere. There is an alcohol note but that gets wrapped up the "zing" of the bergamot, lavender and green notes so doesn't jar especially. I didn't personally get much mint, but again, it may have been encompassed in the freshness - a contributory factor rather than a distinct note. It smells like a subdued cologne that due to the herby facets would be fougere rather than floral, fruity or aquatic. The musk didn't register before the whole scent disappeared. And this is the problem. It lasts five minutes. If it were marketed as an eau de cologne or splash, then fine. But the sample that Patxaran generously sent me was an EDP! I realise that Brazil is one of Avon's biggest markets and that due to the climate there they refresh, shower and reapply perhaps more frequently than us northern hemisphere residents, making the appalling longetivity less of an issue, but I'll bet Avon is charging for EDP concentration nonetheless. This amounts to fradulent trade description because it doesn't fade, it evaporates. No lingering base notes, simply nada. Poof! It's gone. Caveat: I tried it on my [moisturised] skin, not clothes, and I am in chilly/rainy London, so with different variables YMMV etc. Shame, as it smelt perfectly pleasant for an Avon effort...

Anajuli

I think it's great! It will be my next everyday favorite! I can't smell anything masculine about it, only freshness. I have no idea how long it will last, as I have just applied it, but I think I have made a fantastic addition to my perfume wardrobe! Thank you to all reviewers :D

Anajuli

I was going to give it as a gift, but the comments here have made me so curious that I'm going to keep the fragrance to myself. I hope to write another review later! :-)

patxaran
patxaran

I have sampled this as I am looking for a summer fragrance, and so there is another one to tick off the list. It has taught me that I do not like mint in a fragrance. If you do like mint, you may well enjoy Viva. It seems well rounded and inoffensive without being too flowery, girly or harmless. Rather sporty.

rye
rye

For once Avon has given us a very, very nice container with appealing lavender colored perfume inside. Thank you.

The scent itself is quit unique for a celeb outing. It's clean and fresh (two over-used words to describe just about every fragrance!) without smelling of citrus. Don't get me wrong. I like citrus for a hot summer morning. Something like CK One or White Citrus by B&B but here we are being offered a different 'fresh'.

I can smell the lavender clearly and yes, the slight 'men's cologne' vibe is there too, a sharp astringent thing without the alcohol but it is softened with a whiff of florals as well. There is nothing that screams 'cheap ingredients' either and I can see a woman in slender legged jeans, patent leather loafers, crisp white shirt and red lipstick wearing this.

allduygu
allduygu

I love it so much, its fresh and sexy scent.
I dont like lavender and mint but mix of them in this scent is wonderful

MsJitka
MsJitka

I've chanched my mind. Viva is not just "OK", it's really superb! And very different from the two previous Fergie's perfumes.

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

This fresh, herbal scent is for the woman who enjoys wearing softer 'masculine' colognes and wants to do so without getting weird looks at the fragrance counter. Does not work for me as I am the type who ventures more into sweet florals, but I can see this working for a bold woman such as Fergie herself and men would probably be able to wear it as well and receive nice compliments. A truely unique, unisex scent and definitely different for Avon...

HeidiLynn

Got a free sample from my Avon lady, otherwise I don't think I would have tried this. I am usually too afraid of herbal scents. I was pleasantly surprised. The herbal beginning is bright, sunny and crisp--it will wake you up. Lavender is there, like the breeze blowing through freshly washed sheets. Really, it reminds me of the soap Irish Spring--green, energetic and sunny. I would certainly call this unisex, as it has a light masculine feel; but would very much work for a woman. To me, it conveys energy and alertness-- so the name Viva works! I don't think I will buy a bottle, but am enjoying this sample. It's winter now, and so I'm curious what this fragrance might do with heat. I also haven't smelled any of the vetiver, so I'm curious about the dry down. So far, sillage is moderate on me. Longevity undetermined.

EDIT: 10 hours later, I can still smell Viva on my wrists. It is an extremely clean scent, but it has warmed up throughout the day. It truly does remind me of a men's cologne--like I'm standing next to a man wearing something very nice; or I've been snuggling :) I think the bergamot has really come through nicely, and I still am getting the lavendar pretty strongly, combining to make it fresh and herbal. One of my favorite fragrances is Ellen Tracy by Ellen Tracy--and Viva (especially after several hours) reminds me of ET's drydown; crisp but warm. I think there is less sandalwood in Viva vs ET, but otherwise they could be cousins, at least to my nose. This fragrance has definitely grown on me. I'll enjoy my sample--but a whole bottle might just be too redundant.

rivet6
rivet6

I tried the sample and its definitely a mens scent.I will not purchase this one.I was hoping to like it as I do not like the other two fruity Fergies.This is not fruity,floral,oriental at all.

panda0410
panda0410

This floral green borders very closely on aromatic and could easily be unisex or mistaken entirely for a soft masculine scent. Strong lavender in the top passes and settles fairly quickly to a fresh, uplifting green on a vetiver base. Mint and bergamot certainly keep it clean and fresh, it has very little floral component, the green notes, lavender and mint make this far more an aromatic than floral fragrance. There also a distinct musky note in the base. This surprised me, Im not exactly sure if I like it or not, but it doesn't underwhelm me at all, if you're looking for an aromatic with feminine charm then this might be for you.

perfumequeen23
perfumequeen23

Bougtht this from Avon thinking i would like it as i love Fergi's Outspoken perfume, couple of sprays i immediately got a headache and it wouldn't go until i got in the shower and washed the perfume off, this scent is way to strong for me and i had to give this away.

paradisolucky
paradisolucky

This perfume is fresh and "zesty" yet it reminds me of Yves Rocher's Eryo Blue. It's odd that it smells so close to this manly fragrance but still has a softening touch to the end of it that makes it a scent that a woman can use without feeling like a lumberjack. I find it odd that she would think that a womanly scent smells like the woman just "jumped on her man fresh out of the shower". Because that is what this smells like. Not sweet and sickly like most celeb fragrances but definitely not one for the dainty and delicate floral lovers.

Pegofmyheart24
Pegofmyheart24

Luv this one!A very icy,refreshing quality in the initial burst of Lavendar mixed with greens.Dries down quickly into a sweetened vetiver base.Very sexy&unisex.Stays close to the skin but is very inviting.

stefania27
stefania27

I love the scent. It's a little strong at first and it's a little bit confusing if someone smells it in the first half hour because it smells manly, but in a good way. The perfume is all that Fergie said she wanted it to be.(At least for me)

kitten_purry
kitten_purry

It is the only one i love in Fergie's perfumes(outspoken and outspoken intense exct.)

Those days i was thinking this perfume ll be bad like others.. But i gave a shot and i crush it, this is my faves on Avon Co.

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

This perfume surprised me, I had read that it would be masculine but really never thought it was, smells like a sexy cologne for men, is bold for avon, not for everyone is different from the typical female fragrances, the lasting power is not to good but worth trying...

venomkisses
venomkisses

Viva smells very green, herbal and lavendery to me. When I first smelled it, I didn't like it at all. But now I've had it for a while and I started warming up to it and then began to appreciate it. It's not a sweet fragrance and that makes it a quite charming and different perfume.

olgina
olgina

one of the most disapointing perfume by avon.this is clearly for men not for women. i don't like it at all. from the last perfumes by avon i like city rush. i think it is a good perfume. although avon has a lot of years launch a really good perfume.

Voopie
Voopie

I love this one, light lavander, powdery (?) and peach..

Liina
Liina

Fergie's third perfume Viva is actually her first fragrance that has impressed me. It's definitely bold like Fergie herself. And yes, it's quite masculine. But isn't that the idea of this perfume? It could easily be worn by a man and probably nobody would give this man a weird look. But I really like the idea of wearing a masculine perfume myself. I haven't done this yet but Viva could be a good start to this. It's fresh, woodsy and a little spicy. Viva is a good everyday scent and could easily be unisex. The downside of this fragrance is that it doesn't last long.

Bethesda
Bethesda

Probably one of the most disappointing fragrances but one of the best perfume bottles ever. Not a great combination! Luckily I only got a free sample. I was expecting more from this as the opening was so lush - bergamot, green notes and lavender - but in just a few minutes (if that) they disappeared and all I was left with was a faint whiff of vetiver. I think what this is lacking is, simply, notes. It's a badly structured perfume which needs more musk than vetiver in the base notes and/or sandalwood to make it softer and there needs to be at least one more floral note to balance it. Such a shame. I am, however, very happy with my 30ml of Eternal Magic which I ordered for just £3.50. So far it's lasted on my hand much longer than Viva and it's an eau de toilette! Much more of a balance to this perfume and no harsh base notes. This, Little Black Dress and Little White Dress are much higher quality perfumes from Avon.

anosh
anosh

It reminds me of true force for men from avon !!

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

The best thing about this scent is the bottle which looks great on mu unit. Perfume - "nice" , inoffensive but ultimately , a boring smell.

If the green notes were amped up a few notches , it would be Ok and passable as a modern EDT , but as it is its too weak , too plain and just passable as a body spray. It reminds me of a very old school "lavander toilet water" that is still avail in some Uk chemists. . . . Very tame perfume indeed.

Doesnt last. A poor blind buy from Avon.

For a green summer scent you would be better off with the oldie but goodie - EA Green tea.

( a own a few avons , very hit and miss so i wont buy without testing anymore )

Patricia888
Patricia888

It reminds me of Calvin Klein One and Escada Blue in the character. Very fresh and definetely interesting combination. I`m still making up my mind if I like it or not. At this poing I just try to stay open and avoid making rushed decision. The first impression is - no, it`s not me. I don`t wanna be friends with this perfume:) However this is something I have never experienced (read:smelled) before so I don`t say anything yet and will post later on what I really think.
This one is very detached and cold. But similarly with music, the more I listen the more I like, I hope it will be similar with this perfume:).

sherryberry
sherryberry

Does anyone remember the fragrance Vivre, from Molyneux? The jagged top of Viva reminds me of the Vivre bottle. Interesting...

This is easily a unisex scent without citrus. Smells green, woody and very fresh.

samlw68
samlw68

Lovely smell but unfortunately doesnt last long.

Perfumefreak
Perfumefreak

What!?
This is clearly for men!
All i can smell is vetiver and lavender.
Tried once on my wrist and i couldn't get it of me.
Huge mistake from Fergie.

me2nour
me2nour

All that I can say ... Escada!!

suile
suile

Elizabethan Garden or possibly Elizabethan Laundry Room would be a more descriptive name than Viva for this fragrance.

It's very clean and fresh, with a lingering floral note that I detect a few minutes after spraying. Not a strong fragrance, but one for generous spritzing on a mild day. It's different to the usual everyday fragrances on offer at the moment.

Bottle is great - heavy glass, plastic stopper, in Art Deco style.

Lydiamarine
Lydiamarine

This morning I recieved a set of this scent from Avon. It is very fresh but not like aquatic, green or citrus fresh like the most of other fresh perfumes, very suitable for hot humid summer days. Lavender is dominant but still silent on the skin. The sillage is low, lasts more than 2 hours. I have to admit that I like the scent of the deodorant and body cream better than the parfum itself. Reminds me of blue summer mornings, waking up on white linen sheets and having breakfast with the view of the ocean at the terrace, feeling the fresh ocean breeze. Very pleasant and neat.

sugahuni
sugahuni

A very nice, floral, beautiful smelling scent. Smells slightly like aftershave which i adore :-).

sofababe
sofababe

Interesting scent! I didn't much care for Fergie's last two offerings with Avon, but this one is very different from those two, much fresher, almost masculine, but enjoyable all the same. The lavender is by far the most dominant note. I'd say suitable for spring and summer, I will come back and edit this review in a few hours once I've ascertained the sillage and longevity. So far, I'm impressed.

EDIT: Sillage, not amazing, a couple of metres. Longevity, better. Good for about 5 hours, but I can still smell it on myself if I sniff 10 hours after applying. At Avon prices this is a definite maybe.

lisamiarose

I think the bottle was inspired in Femme de Montblanc Mont Blanc for women. I love fergie perfumes! : )

Kione
Kione

Its very different from the other Fergie fragrances. Its fresh, but not in a boring way, not citrusy fresh like an eau the toilette, the lavander and herbs make the difference, its a grown up and daring fresh! It is very original.
Doesen't last long, but that is not a surprise from Avon and you can make it last by spraying on clothes and pulse points.

SandraV
SandraV

Awesome:a celeb scent without gardenia or tuberose!Love the notes and the bottle is much nicer than Avon's usual offerings-will have to check this one out.

Viva by Fergie by Avon 3.22 out of 5 based on 160 ratings and 55 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Viva by Fergie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avon Viva by Fergie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Viva by Fergie by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Viva by Fergie by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.