Designers » A » Floral Fruity « Groups

Women of Earth Avon for women

Women of Earth  Avon for women
dislike

Women of Earth by Avon is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Women of Earth was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Calice Becker. Top notes are fig, brazilian orange and bergamot; middle notes are apple blossom, sweet pea, daphne and egyptian jasmine; base notes are amber, musk, vanilla, peach and sandalwood.

Fig Brazilian Orange Bergamot

By Avon

Fig Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Apple Blossom Sweet Pea Daphne Jasmine

Amber Musk Vanilla Peach Sandalwood

"Women of Earth, I bring you the gift of perfume from the planet Solega, inhabited only by females, a perfect society of peace, where there is no war, crime, hate or calamity. This perfume is all we shall give you to temper the destructive forces of your men, who doom the planet to self-destruction with war"........

This perfume is out of this world!

Avon's Women of Earth is meant to be a recreation of a lot of "earthly delights" and feminine scents but I think of it as a more enjoyable and more delicious Thierry Mugler Alien or Womanity. Those scents can be very hard to take in sometimes because they smell way too vulgar (Alien of musk and jasmine, and Womanity of fish and fig). But this is a beautiful and more relaxed fruity floral scent for the uncomplicated earth woman. Do you like citrus and peach? Vanilla? Sweet pea? Apple blossom? Jasmine? Then this is for you. It's a series of scents that make you feel happy to be alive and happy to live on earth where you can enjoy these scents all year round.

The top consists of fresh and bright bergamot orange and mandarin fruit. Delicious. There is also something akin to orange blossom as it feels very citrusy but just the slightest bit floral even before the floral notes kick in. It's a good citrus based beginning. The freshness of citrus then turns into something unusual: fig. It's clear as day fig. It is interesting to me how the scent of fig has been compared to women just like the scent of oak moss has also been reportedly similar to women's flesh. This smells like fig alright but if you take your sweet time to analyze it or let your imagination take flight, it can start to smell like the most sensual skin on a beautiful woman. That's probably why they are calling it women of earth. It's like the scent of all women of the planet Earth, and boy do we smell good.

The heart is more fruity than floral for me. Yes I could pick up on the fragrance of jasmine and daphne but they are nondescript and lacking in sillage, depth and aroma. They are still flowers but they're quiet flowers. The jasmine is the weakest and furthest away. The daphne is a chemically recreated floral scent that smells like shrub flowers and has a very delicate and silky smooth texture. The jasmine and daphne smell like softly scented silk like a gossamer fabric on a blouse or a light neck scarf. It's unmistakably feminine. Because it is so soft and inoffensive this is suited to every day wear day time wear and to wear to work. I can smell this on a Kindergarten teacher and even her kids would not mind hugging her and getting a whiff of this beauty.

The sweet pea note is delicious and only the slightest bit spicy but the fruit is decidedly stronger. It smells of peach, or rather powdery peach, and also apple (not apple blossom). There is also something that I sense smells like a pear. So I would say that this is fruity and although not a huge fruit bowl or a concentrated fruit, it's still fruity and very delicious as fruit. The flowers are just to the side of the fruit. If you like fruity florals with more fruit in them, this is going to be to your liking. It also smells like it was meant to be worn in spring and summer and only in the day time.

I was not very impressed with the simple dry down but it was not cheap or bad either. I wish they had provided the base with more scents that I associate with "Earth" as in chypre ingredients of oak moss and more woods, maybe a patchouli. But no. The whole thing dries down into a soft sandalwood a vanilla bean and a clean soapy amber. It is soap in the end but I don't mind that at all. Smells really nice. It's sensual, sweet, delicate, feminine, enticing, alluring, a thousand kisses from women of Earth being sent out to space.

basma gamal
basma gamal

one of my all time favorites
once you pass the Avonish Alcoholic burst opening, you will be astonished by everything about this fragrance
First it is unique floral-fruity scent ,which is rare in this category.
its clean fresh crispy fig- apple blossom scent

it leans in the floral side more , with a citrus crisp

while the sour apple blossom dominates the beginning , the fig is the master of the composition in the dry down

unfortunately, Avon is being Avon in the Longevity and sillage

if any one can make us a favor buying the juice , re-introducing it as less avonish manner in terms of the openning , Longevity , and sillage ; I will appreciate it and sure he/she with this juice will make a break through in sales

Kodi
Kodi

Dear Avon Managers,
would you bring back it to Hungary, pleaseeeee........

priyam.goyal
priyam.goyal

I did not expect to find this one listed here. Its one of the first perfume I have owned... Since high school. It used to be my absolute favorite. It has a soft floral powdery scent that I love so much. I wish I could lay my hands on a little bottle again!

clare elize
clare elize

I just love it ^_^

s_aurian
s_aurian

Women of Earth is my most fav Avon ever. Wear since high school. Get many compliment (some of them thinks its expensive frag.LOL) Love it so much! Now I still have a bottle give to my mother. I wear such a long time, just wanna change, but still love it!

jessie.yue.5
jessie.yue.5

Oh, it give me headache. Maybe mine has turned but I don't know...

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

I loved it so much! I wore this to the gym back in 2006 and I got compliments even though at that time it was already 'an old Avon' scent. It was rich, long lasting and surprising in the way it developed. So fresh, mellow green, floral... I wish they brought it back!

Viola72
Viola72

Wow Erre az illatra emlékszem.Nagyon nőies finom illat volt.Emlékek.....

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avon Women of Earth fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Avon Women of Earth , you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Women of Earth by Avon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Women of Earth by Avon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.