Designers » A » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Forbidden Rose Avril Lavigne for women
dislike

Forbidden Rose Avril Lavigne for women Videos
Forbidden Rose Avril Lavigne for women Pictures

Forbidden Rose is a new fragrance by Avril Lavigne and it arrives on the market in July 2010. Its beautiful violet flacon is decorated with a black rose as a stopper and it announces realm of fantasy where everything is possible. Mysterious and magical Forbidden Rose introduces a feminine composition of floral, woody and foamy fruity essences.

Forbidden Rose offers red apple as forbidden fruit in top notes, which intoxicates and seduces together with white peach and Bourbon vanilla. A heart adds innocent and clean aromas of lotus, heliotrope and fresh green apple. Base notes round up the composition with soft, warm vanilla and chocolate, accompanied by creamy sandalwood nuances which add depth and persuasive story about forbidden rose.

The flacon is created of pale violet glass; its neck is decorated with stylish barb wire and the stopper is shaped like black rose. Advertising campaign was made Dusan Reljin, and video clip was directed by Fred Garcon.

The fragrance will be available as 15, 30 and 50ml edp, 200ml shower gel, 200ml body lotion and 150 ml deodorant spray.

Peach Red Apple Pepper

Lotus Heliotrope Granny Smith apple

Sandalwood Vanille Mexican chocolate

B.U. Hippy Soul

Forbidden Rose Fragrance Reviews

stephanie.cheng.108
stephanie.cheng.108

There is only one thing I can say about forbidden rose and that is it is damn right PERFECT!!!! It was LOVE at first sniff...

I was doing my internship in Germany when I came across this scent and fell madly in love with the fragrance till I HAD to get it no matter what! I even got the deo sray.

It had the right amount of sophistication in a fragrance and that apple is to die for! So sexy, fresh, mysterious and alluring... It smelled so good till I didn't even care if I smelled more apple than rose. I didn't even associate the fragrance to smell like rose in the first place cause I just grabbed it and smelled it without reading at first. After that, I just forgot to associate it's name to the fragrance. The color was spot on though.

The sweetness of the apple came first and it was really well complimented by the lotus. It made it smell so FRESH and vibrant! The vanilla mixed with the chocolate just gave it the right amount of bitterness and heat that would send you yearning for more. Just the right amount of mystery and sophistication. Best to wear it at night.

For me, the sillage was good. I can rate it at medium and it lasted me a good 4-6 hours. After 6 hours I really have to smell it on my skin.

Something weird happened though. When I came back to Malaysia it seems to lose it's scent and I can't pick up anything eventhough after I sprayed it more than 3 times. Usually it takes only a couple. I was heartbroken and I kept it for 2 years.

Then when I moved to a different house which was located on a higher altitude, the smell came back! How is this possible??? Deffinitely mysterious and I'm loving every moment I get smelling this wonderful fragrance again.

If you love Vanilla, apple, and chocolate scents, Avril's Forbidden Rose is a MUST NEED! Smooth, sensual, fun, mysterious and fresh. Absolutely LOVING IT!

smnicholas
smnicholas

This smells like a really nice shampoo.
It's present, nothing overly different.

Bottle is gorgeous though.

spicywasabi
spicywasabi

This perfume was a blind buy for me. But I was happily surprised. Really not quite as I imagined it would smell, I was hoping for a more sweet vanilla scent. But it's really fruity and floral, just the type of fragrance I love. The bottle is SO CUTE as well!

janechemi
janechemi

i like this one. it opens up with a peppery floral and quickly changes into a floral with woodsy undertones. i get a nice bit of vanilla but it not an overly sweet vanilla. it adds just a bit of sweetness to keep it from being to musky. i like it for casual evenings (not nights)

kingavagyok
kingavagyok

First of all let me say how much I love the bottle. It's like a beautiful black rose in a vase, the vase is the bottle itself, the stem is the spray, the ring could have been spiked so it could represent the thorns. The whole thing is beautiful itself as a gothic decoration. The scent is sweet and fruity, but not juicy kind of fruity, more like a dark fruit vanilla mix. The apple and vanilla is the most dominant. Keep in mind that this scent was created for the younger generation, mostly for Avril fans, so I guess that's why it lacks in floral notes, like the rose. No roses in a rose themed bottle must be strange, but when I think about the target audience, I understand why they didn't wanted this to smell too mature.

Luthien999
Luthien999

I had 4 bottles of this perfume+ shower gel. My boyfriend likes this fragrance as well. Romantic and lovely scent. I recommend it. Definately.

tdonny.kri kri
tdonny.kri kri

I'm a die hard Avril Lavigne fan so i have to get one of her perfume and i think Forbidden Rose is her best one. It's smell soooo gooooood like getting out of shower and then dries down to a fruity vanilla scent. At first I like it but the more I use the more i love and i will repurchase it for sure !!!!

Alita920
Alita920

hi! i love avril since always, so the last year my husband got for me wild rose and this one, i have to say that i dont like it at all, but i tried many times to wear it because it was my hubby gift and an avril fragance! after a long time of using it for going out the smell was way too strong it gave me a headache ! and not attractive at all i thought that it would smell like roses so i was kinda of dissapointed, i have to say the bottle and the ring that it comes with is gorgeous,but definitely the fragance not my style at all! i loved the way that it smells on the clothes like the next day after wearing it LOL! i used almost the whole bottle of wild rose yummy yummy,but i only used a few times this one and i sold it!

DanceMooseDance
DanceMooseDance

I loved April in my early teens and got her perfumes for christmas, and I looved them! Though I have to admit that its too dark and cocky for me. It's very challenging and says: "I dare you". I don't know why, but to me it doesn't smell sweet - I smell the fruitiness though. The pepper and the chocolate as well. There are some floral scents and all and all it's a good perfume.

Though I had to learn that sweeter scents are more my thing, this is a bit too much rockstar for me. But I did use the entire bottle, even if it didn't suit me at all... Maybe it doesn't mix well with my natural scent?

KelseyRaven
KelseyRaven

I agree with Spok 1, this is a straight copy of Gardenia.

Spok 1
Spok 1

this bottle is such a copy of Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia
Even to the cap :( no originality. Anyways the fragrance on the first spray you get a burst of juicy apple and a hint of spiciness which is the pepper I don't pick up any peach in this fragrance. In the base I get a dominant floral which is the lotus which I think is there from he second you spray till the second it fades I don't get any green apple or heliotrope just lotus but don't worry the base is already revealing itself by now so I wouldn't clad at his fragrance as floral. I am quite disappointed with this base when I seen the vanilla and chocolate I thought yes a chocolatey creamy vanilla fragrance no I was wrong there's no chocolate in this fragrance I do get the vanilla but its no really sweet more spicy probably due to the pepper note in the top. Overall not my taste but give it a try could be yours

AlexSpears
AlexSpears

Looks like the rose is really forbidden, no roses in this fragrance as well. :( To me this smells kinds like an apple body spray. But not juicy apple, its sour apple instead of sweet.

StuartDoheny
StuartDoheny

This is TOO good. Get it. Just GET IT. For the price its at its beautiful fragrance.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

This is a very fresh scent. I don't smell anything gourmand in this fragrance, although vanilla is one of the notes. Forbidden Rose smells of green apples and fruits with a bit of musk. There is something about the scent that reminds me of when I was a kid, although I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Surprisingly long lasting on my skin. Well made celebrity scent.

amelia.neri
amelia.neri

I love this fragrance, I wear it over weekends and special occasions. I love the lotus flower and vanilla notes and I think it smells a bit like baby powder. I love the bottle i love the colours and the ring that you get free (Im quite gothic) I love how the liquid is purple, its my favorite colour.
Even though i love this perfume, there's one thing missing - rose notes, well it is called forbidden 'rose'.

rockchickav
rockchickav

I absolutely like this perfume! I wear It when I go out.

menka
menka

It's very interesting, happy fragrance. The begining of Forbidden Rose is similar to Amor Amor Tentation Cacharel, after 1-2 hours reminds me Promesse Cacharel . I like it:)

Perfumegoddess23
Perfumegoddess23

I think this makes an excellent sleep perfume before bed fresh out of the shower spray a bit of this little baby & it's like a baby fresh lavender with a slightly powdery undertone fainted
Ever so slightly with the perfect pinch of musk to spice it up as well as mingle well with the lilac lavender accords!! Pretty

MissxoAlisha
MissxoAlisha

I think it smells pretty, But one thing is missing from forbidden Rose. ummm. Rose!??

ms.katiejackson
ms.katiejackson

There is something really soothing about this fragrance. I had a sample and looved it. Try to spray it on your wrists before going to sleep. You will wake up relaxed like never before.

JesseFay.
JesseFay.

I waited a month for Forbidden Rose to come out in Priceline about 2 years ago. It has a very fruity, warm scent to it. It also smelled a bit like red apples. I also got hints of pine wood and it smelled like conditioner. I also liked the barb-wired surprise ring that came with the bottle! A better ring than the spiky ring that came with Black Star!

Overall, this is a favourite for me. Unfortunately I dont think they don't sell it in Australia anymore. I may have to buy it online or look more closely. (:

rachellecunningham
rachellecunningham

I used to have a 30mL bottle of this about 2 years ago, and I'd have to say it's probably one of my favourite scents I've ever had. On my skin, it opened with apple and developed into a peachy-vanilla scent. I could faintly smell the chocolate and pepper and the scent always lasted on me all day. It was more subtle and fresh, and I always got compliments from people who smelled this one on me. I like this one much better than Black Star, plus the bottle is really cute. Good job Avril!

PhillyFoxy
PhillyFoxy

This is a perfume I've been wearing to work and school every day for about a year (it takes me a very long time to get through a bottle of perfume.) Fruity isn't a first word I'd use to describe it as. Floral definitely. After a while I start to notice the apple smells blended with the lotus and vanilla. It is very floral, but more of a cold weather floral, not powdery like the fragrances I wear in the spring. The little barbwire ring the bottle came with is nice, too!

A vanilla-based fruity floral. It isn't anything new, but it is nice. It smells slightly powdery, very soft and pretty - nothing like what you might expect from the name. I smell mostly vanilla, but its not overly sweet, its more of a smooth powdery vanilla, with the apple/lotus/pepper combo coming in a far second, adding the slightest bit of kick. This scent doesn't suggest anything forbidden and there is no rose. So although I think it's misnamed, I still like it quite a bit. Lasting power is poor, about the same as a body mist.

satisfiednose
satisfiednose

i tried out this scent after trying out black rose,thinking it would be better.it was better than black star,but it was still bad.it smeeled like chlorine.this is just what the basenotes smelled like.i forget what the topnotes and heart of the fragrance smell like.i think it was vanilla?idk.i havent tried wild rose yet,so i cant necessarily say that i hate avrils fragrances.bottom line,i wouldnt reccomend this,unless you are an extremely proud swimmer.i am definetly not buying this in the future.

Slytherinn.Green
Slytherinn.Green

I love this perfume. It hits with apple, then dries down into a not-too-sweet floral/fruit. On my skin, the vanilla is not overpowering at all; it just blends with the rest quietly. It's sexy but clean. I'm not a big fan of Black Star and I really dislike Wild Rose, but Forbidden Rose really works for me.

BritXOX
BritXOX

I don't find this dearing or adventures or the fragrance that pushes any boundaries! Very simple smelling. Doesn't fit me, because The words used above are the things I want from a fdragrance.

Malibu

The name and bottle design for this are really misleading; You'd be forgiven for thinking that with the name being FORBIDDEN ROSE this would be a floral, containing rose. But no; This is a generic vanilla fragrance, with a hint of sweet fruits.

On first application Forbidden Rose reminds me of the smell of tinned fruit cocktail; It's sweet and artificial. On first wear the only note I could seperate was the apple, but after reading the notes online and wearing it again I got a slight hint of peach, but only because I was looking for it. It does wear nicely in the heat though - The notes are light, so the sweetness isn't sickly.

From the first 10 minutes to the base there isn't really much to say; the vanilla is the strongest note and it overpowers everything else. The only differences are slight; the fragrance's heart contains a mostly-unrecognizable blend of florals, with gives the vanilla a powdery undertone.

The vanilla in the base is noticably richer and creamier than the heart and loses the powdery undertone. I'm not sure if this is due to the chocolate, sandalwood or both, as neither note is strong enough to be seperated from the vanilla.

First things first; I was disappointed with the staying power; 3/4 hours for a EDP. The fragrance is also close to the skin, so you need to press your wrist right to your nose after an hour to smell it.

It's pleasant enough to wear if I was bought a bottle, but it's not nice enough to spend my own money on.

Dougczar
Dougczar

I have just purchased the 3rd bottle of this for my wife. It is one of the best female perfumes there is.

HazelNicoletti
HazelNicoletti

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :D!

snow81
snow81

For me it`s similar to Christina Aguilera By Night.

RetyanSA
RetyanSA

Such an amazing perfume! The smell is so original, good work Avril!

crakky
crakky

I truly love this! The peach stands out in a gourgeous way! Sparkling scent and really good staying power (on me it stays 4 hours or even more). Perfect for young ladies...just PERFECT!

starise000
starise000

I bought this on a blind buy. I don't really wear wear it. I don't see in any way that this fragrance is fruity or sweet. All I smell is an artifical floral scent mixed with a very noticeable pepper smell. I will continue giving this fragrance a chance but for right now I feel that this perfume is meant for 25-40 year olds.

roseharlow
roseharlow

first: the name seems rather redundant.

secondly: i actually found myself liking this fragrance, that i did NOT expect as i'm not big on celebrity fragrances in general. nothing new or outstanding but it caught my attention.

however... there was something about the drydown that i couldn't get on board with, perhaps the chocolate mixed with the sandalwood? whatever it was ruined it for me.

iluvstuff
iluvstuff

I actually liked Forbidden Rose and was surprised! (I just didn't think I was in Avril's target market so I didn't consider it ha!)

The initial hit when first sprayed was quite....pungent...it's pretty strong and sharp, and I thought it was absolutely awful! About 5 mins later when it settled in, I remember being pleasantly surprised! On me, it turns into a very light and sweet fragrance. It smells like sweet apples (artificial apples...), with a hint of some flower, and a touch of vanilla. I can sense a HINT of chocolate, but barely (you really have to smell for it). I didn't think I would like the scent of sweet artificial apple, but this one is nice! (And I wouldn't have guessed it was apple unless I saw it in the list here, it just smells sweet.) It stays this exact scent on me for about 6-8 hours before it fades (good lasting power!) but don't expect it to "develop" or change much.

Overall, this is a sweet and light fragrance (very happy and uplifting!), but not too "teenagery". I would wear this for daytime in the spring/summer. I do think it's overpriced though...I wouldn't pay more than $40-50 for this, and the 50ml is priced at $61 CAD. Great lasting power though so that means less spraying, so it's worth considering...!

p.s. I didn't think this smelled anything like 'Black Star' like others' have said....

Lauri88
Lauri88

Blind buy. I regret it, smells like chemical baby powder. It makes me feel sick.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I tested this today, and there really isn't anything special to it. It's just another fruity scent by a celebrity.

nikki1234
nikki1234

forbidden rose has a lovely soft floral scent. from the notes listed, i definatly get the red apple, vanilla and sandalwood. Although i am suprised that rose isnt listed as its called forbidden rose and im sure i can smell a hint of rose in it (not a strong, granny type rose but a nice, soft, subtle hint)

I love to wear this when i really cant be bothered wearing any perfume as its so light and pretty.

The lasting power isnt that great though, maybe about 2 hours on my skin but i find that laring it with the lotion makes a huge difference with this problem making it last about 5-6 hours.

So i would suggest to anyone wanting to try it out, buy the gift set with the lotion, i really does help and its a beautiful scent.

Jellybean
Jellybean

there are some parts of this perfume that are likable, such as: creamy/balmy and soft florals. on the other hand synthetic and cloying ingredients take over and i'm pretty sure that combo of dark chocolate and granny smith are incompatible. If they would refine this perfume there will be hope, but as of now it's a no no. Also, as per many prior reviews the name of the perfume should be changed as it does not contain rose nor it smells like it, therefore it is misleading to a potential buyer.

linecarol90
linecarol90

i dont know what to make of it,i got this as a gift from my cousin as birthday and christmass present.
at the moment i tested it on my skin and i smell like mens perfume(axe)

i want to give this perfume a chance to prove it self..

but maybe it better on the day use and summert day instead of winter?

@jamieohxx and paige baker,

Ok kiddies can we move on you are as bad as each other no matter what age you are and I suspect everyone is sick of both of you.

Neither of you are reviewing the perfumes properly besides going backwards and forwards arguing. Lets move on please.

pug314
pug314

This perfume is nice. It's very light and flattering. Once you put it on, it's strong. After maybe ten minutes of wear, it really brings out a good, sweet and bitter smell. You can really smell the peach, apple, and vanilla together. Those would be the top notes to me. All in all, it works together, but this one is definitely more sophisticated than Black Star.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

This sounds wonderful! Cant wait to take a sniff. Have to say the bottle tho greatly reminds me of Lancomes 'Treasure' Midinight Rose'. Although I think this looks nicer, I like the rose cap instead of the rose necktie. Cute

pickledtink
pickledtink

Really fails to live up to the look and the bottle. I only had a couple of card testers in the mail but even using both achieved nothing.
A faint pleasant scent hardly detectable from the start. So little that I couldn't really name anything in particular. I hoped it would develop into something interesting warm and seductive with time. Instead it just faded away to nothing before even an hour was up.
Maybe if you chucked an entire bottle over you it would work but this is a flop. Weak, weak, weak!

In mood
In mood

This perfume makes me sick. It's so chemical and cheap smelling. Black Star was much better.

AvrilLavigne101
AvrilLavigne101

Avril Lavigne always makes wonderful perfumes with extravagent scents! I love the way she does that but, with an exciting edge! It also has a powerful scent but faint so its not so strong! Sweet job Avril!

cosminsolomon
cosminsolomon

I am a boy and if anyone ask me for a sexy, clean, and mysterious smell for a woman I will say: Forbidden Rose, by Avril lavigne.

It opens with a fruity(apple), floral smell. It's not very vanilly as it is described. After one hour it gets sharp woody notes and I can smell the green apple in it and some florals . After about 2/3 hours you can smell the dark chocolate in it, but the woody notes are still there.
Forbidden Rose is an elegant smell that fits every age, it is not as girly as the first one.

I bought it for my aunt (she is 36 years old) some days ago and the longetivity is about 7/8 hours on her skin. Great longetivity for a celebrity fragrance.

Good job avril.

avrilfan422
avrilfan422

I have this perfume. It's a really amazing bottle and has a brilliant scent. I also love the ring.. its great! To me it's not as good as Black Star but it's great, but maybe that's coz i'm a huge fan of Avril.
Overall, I would recommend buying it.
Score: 9/10

Gaby666
Gaby666

On the test I did buy 15 ml bottle. It is a beautiful and pleasant fragrance. But almost nothing not stamina. So I just evaporate in less than an hour what I'm wearing it. Shame ... :) Otherwise, the smell more suited to cooler days. In the summer I would not use it much. :)

Ramsey84
Ramsey84

It was number 1 in my book, I bought 2 one for my mother and the other for my Soon to be wife and they both loved the smell people kept saying how they enjoyed there smells and they were the life of the party for the wedding smelling like this :]

Whit
Whit

I sampled this at Kohls one day and I was disappointed. I even waited for the dry down and was still put off. I really liked Black Star, and I wanted to like this one too, but it just didn't happen for me. IDK why? Maybe some of the notes are too sharp? It seems from reading reviews for both her perfumes that people tend to like one or the other but not both. So, I guess if you didn't like Black Star, you may like this one. Oh well, maybe her new one will smell good.

Anup
Anup

WOW, an original smelling celebrity fragrance. I was never a really big fan of hers, but this fragrance intrigued me.
As a matter of fact, i don't remember much about her at all, other than the fact that she made a song called "boyfriend" with one of the most annoying catchy choruses in the history of music. This fragrance, to my nose, is extremely well blended. but then again now adays it's more of the "in" thing not to be able to discern the different notes.
This fragrance, to me, is the embodiment of a vannilc shadow. You can never quite understand where this one is going when you smell your hand.
One second, it's soapy, another second and it's sickly powdery. And don't blink, because it just stabbed you in the back with a glistening Vanilla bean shaped knife trimmed with thorns and a heliotrope hilt!

The top:

Dried apple starts off with a rough sooted sappiness, adding to the notion of the fragrance being a sort of "witchy" creation.
It's a note that you would imagine used in some sort of love potion. Alongside the apple we have pepper, giving much body and not allowing the enjoyer to become to "at ease" with sweetness. Pepper brings this back to earth.
I get peach only on the after-smell, and only for a fraction of a second.

The heart:

Even though it's listed, i don't believe that there is an additional apple note. There is some tartness, but i believe that it is emanating from another aspect.
I do however get a very nice heliotrope note, and as my readers know, i'm a huge fan of the fragrant flower. The middle finishes with a very smooth resonate lotus flower note, powdery and semi-sweet.

The base:

Featuring a prominent, yet almost irritatingly stagnant sandalwood note. Adding a "saline wind" effect to the composition. Chocolate offers up depth and dark chalky sweetness, complimented by lacy smooth vanilla.

I approve

Smell: 8
Longevity: 5
Sillage: 7

Black Star
Black Star

It's not my fav but I like it.
It sort of smells of Black Star but it's very nice.
I was expecting it to be slightly stronger but it's still very light or 'watery' (as was Black Star) I bought it anyway :)

takeasniff

I like this. I got a small bottle because the other one is rediculous it's far too big. I do find on some days it annoys me because the apple note stays there the all the time and can screech a little. Most days I love it. I like Avril and I didn't expect it to smell really naughty or rebellious like some people have said so I guess I didn't get dissapointed. It really seems to only have two notes apple and vanilla. I know it has more but when you wear it that's all you seem to be able to smell. Nice if you like that sort of thing. It does not last long which is to be expected.

romrom
romrom

Big disappointment. I expected a nice rose scent but all I got was shampoo, nice shampoo but still shampoo that lasted for a long time.

*Yawn* - a boring fragrance. And not really much of a rose-smell either. Like her first fragrance it's a disappointment. Why does every "celebrity" need a scent these days - especially the infamous ones ?

WardrobeMistress
WardrobeMistress

Opens with something fruity that I cannot define mixed with parma violet sweets, but any fruityness quickly dissipates to be replaced with delicate white flowers which in turn are almost instantly nudged aside by an odd but surprisingly good pepper-tinged vanilla.

Very light and close to the skin but actually much more enjoyable than I had anticipated. I feared the worst with this one as I generally find celebrity scents play to the lowest common denominator but I have to say Avril, this ain't half bad. It won't set the world on fire but it's a perfectly respectable light summer scent and certainly exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations.

krissycat
krissycat

Forbidden Rose, I wanted her so badly that I was searching for her with much anticipation, finally realizing its sold at Kohls and I waited for the shipment to come in to the store so I could order asap. When it came I was so excited, I haven't tried any scents by Avril to be honest. My impression of the scent of Forbidden Rose is to me it smells very much like a Fragrance Soap.. but before I discourage anyone, I do think it smells like an expensive soap, a rose smelling soap with a twist that you would enjoy using in a relaxing bath. Saying that I will admit its not AS wonderful as I was hoping, BUT it is good. I can't compare to her other fragrance because I have never smelled it. I'm not discouraged I bought it, my fiance told me he liked the scent of it on my skin.. its nice enough, just not going to be in my top 5 fragrances. The bottle is very cute by the way. I actually do like the name of the perfume and do think it fits.. it has a sort of mysterious rose smell to me even though Rose isn't even in the notes listed.

yastii
yastii

Lovely bottle describes the smell of the perfume. First time I sprayed it to paper I didn't like it at all, but since I read the review and knowing the notes in the perfume, I was tempted to get one. And when I tried it on my skin, i'm in love with this!!!

First I can smell like a soft rose (i know it's weird because there's no rose in the pyramid) mixed with peach. Very feminine but not that "girly", I think just like Avril, she's sweet but got a rock soul :P Anyway, the dry down even better I can smell the vanilla and it became just a bit fruity. Love it! i'm not sure about the lasting power, but it;s still here , ive been wearing it for an hour..

sharyssa
sharyssa

I sampled this at khols today I like it I can't even pick out any specific notes but I thought it smelled nice I would purchase this.

Norgirl
Norgirl

I tryed this one on my hand after trying the Black star( found it a bit to sweet) i might like this one .
splshed quite a bit on my hand , thinking , aouch .. this is going to smell forewer . to my big suprise this did not last half an hour on my hand . There was absoultly nothing to smell:)
this is way to week.But then again . is it a caise off skin cemastry.

Good luck to others who will try this . hope it will be to your liking :)

With Avril Lavigne's rather quirky sense of style and her fierce attitude, this fragrance, especially with the name Forbidden Rose, sounded like a risky, almost naughty take on a common floral note. Please don't get your hopes up, as rose never features in this composition, ever.

After the initial disappointment I did feel a little cheated, however I hadn't lost all hope that this could possibly be a good scent. Like other reviewers, the sweet, juicy apple note stood out for me too. It's nothing like DKNY Be Delicious or even Nina by Nina Ricci in regards to the apple note. Actually the apple in Forbidden Rose is quite subtle and clean smelling.

It's a pretty quiet fragrance, especially when compared to the bold, fruity and syrupy Black Star. It's not as fruity or sweet as one would expect. I can't help thinking that perhaps this fragrance is trying to play it safe.

Vanilla comes in halfway through, but I find the way it has been blended rather sickly. I unfortunately didn't smell any chocolate notes nor lotus.

Forbidden Rose is pretty average in almost every aspect of the word. The scent is so-so, the lasting power is not so good and the sillage is quite weak. I much preferred Black Star over this fragrance.

jessigirl
jessigirl

I love this one! It's spicy/ floral and sweet-ish. Sure it's a celeb frag, But it isn't offensive, it's light and pleasant :)

cupcake
cupcake

I don't smell any vanilla in this. It has more of a citrus clean smell. (though not in a lysol type of way). I like it, but I don't love it. I will continue to use it up, but not something I would repurchase.

guest_Miss K
guest_Miss K

Smells very vanilla like. Does not smell like real vanilla and have to be agreed smells like a cheap generic vanilla, i didnt like it initially and agreed about this, however it grew on me, and i now think i would consider purchasing a full size bottle.

panda0410
panda0410

Very apple scent... quite pretty, but on my skin behaves just like Gucci Flora which I already have and love. I'd pick it up if I didn't already own something so similar.

TankGirl
TankGirl

When I tested it today I was choked. The top notes are completly umberable. The dry down its better but I dont know why is this a floral fruity, this is all chocolate, pepper and heliotrope. Really cheap actually, nothing special. Its a shame, I like the bottle.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I think this smells to masculine. I dont smell any vanilla at all,just something to fruity in a bad way. The name is missleading, like they where hoping to do a scent that is mystical and mysterious so ppl shall be coroius of it,but instead ppl ending up dissapointed because the fragrance isnt anything like it,just ordinary. And to me chocolate is a food,not a smell.

secretcrush
secretcrush

i picked this one up 2day and I must say I liike it very much... It kinda reminds me of Nina (Ricci) because of the candy-apple influence but not nearly as sickly sweet... This one is much more soft and wearable for me than the NR...Sillage is excellent too!!!

dakotadegu@gmail.com
dakotadegu@gmail.com

I actualy liked it, when we tested it :-D
I was surprised by this perfume, because the rock star perfume of avril is really bad on me...

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This smells a lot like cacharel scarlett on me! It's ok but smells like a million other fragrances!!

guest_Almasi
guest_Almasi

I was quite surprised ..actually pleasantly surprised with how good this scent is...of course i was skeptical at first with celebs launching perfumes left right and center,but forbidden rose is quite good...I especially love the vanilla not too strong...light and fresh....and the price is just right....

guest_Lauri
guest_Lauri

I dont know what all the bad reviewers have been smelling but this new perfume is amazing. I just got a bottle and have had soooo many compliments from friends and family. Even my 7 yr old daughter is begging me for a squirt. Love the bottle. It's very cute. The black rose is plastic but thats to be expected since its priced so well. Seems money was thoughtfully invested into the magic inside.

My husband LOVES the smell, very intoxicating and mysterious. I cant pinpoint a particular aroma but it smells very clean and sexy.

Im a girl who loves Christian Dior's Poison and Pure Poison perfumes. These are not strong scents. Forbidden Rose is something different right up my alley.

If your looking to fill a whole room with a strong overwhelming scent then this is NOT the perfume for you. If you want to smell lightly fresh and sexy, this is a perfume you WILL love and that he will love to get close to. LOVE IT!!!!

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

How dellusional. The bottle seems attractive in the picture, but in the real life it's nothing special. The juice inside is nothing earthshaking as well. Similar to the previous one, Black Star, Forbidden Rose is quite sweet, plain and well... boring. It doesn't develop on skin, and I can't smell any of the notes mentioned, except for vanilla. Not very impressive, Avril!

chapeaunoir
chapeaunoir

Today i was able to get a tester of avril's new fragrance "forbidden rose".
First: packaging. I thought the bottle was particularily appealing in a dark sort of way, but not in a way that it can be taken seriously... It's cute and totally appealing to avril's current pseudo gothic tween fans.
Unfourtunalty, i have nothing good to say about the smell of this perfume. As many other reviewers have mentioned the opening is soapy clean. After five minutes all i get is vanilla and musk. Totally old ladyish and totally not pseudo goth. Not what i was expecting... I think this fragrance would benefit from some ACTUAL rose in the elixer and not just in the name.

Fides
Fides

A box of candied red apples, that is how Forbidden rose smells to me + dark rose. I can feel rose all the time, but I can't see in on the list, so I guess it's forbidden indeed.

So, it opens with very fresh apples - soapy clean (you know that discreet smell on your hands after you wash them with some smooth liquid soap? That kind of cleaness) - rose (?) - apples again. Yes, there is some sweetness to it, vanilla I guess, but to my nose, it's not a note that stands out a lot. Sandalwood gives the final touch, it's the most prominent flower note.

Floral fruity gourmand, but also very fresh, I really like the apple in this one. I don't know about the perfume yet, since I really dislike pseudo goth (black rose gives me the chills, honestly) bottle, and I don't like the smell THAT much, but a body lotion, or a body mist would be great, who would mind smelling like sweet rosie apple all over?

Allegra
Allegra

The "gothic-chic" styled bottle and package attracted my attention and made me test the fragrance right away. I was expecting quite much from this lilac potion, but to my disappointment I found it very plain, ordinary and even boring a scent. There's absolutely no uniqueness in Forbidden Rose and it lacks the special oomph that makes me either like or love a fragrance. Actually it is so trivial that I don't even have a proper opinion about it - and that's not so usual of me :)

guest_alice

id like some, it looks pretty, and sounds to have a good smell, but were do i get it is the big quetion?

penny-lane
penny-lane

Huge disappointment. I expected apples but vanilla stole the show from the very beginning. And even that disappeared from my skin in about an hour leaving absolutely nothing.

- - - - - - - - - - -
The fragrance
- - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -
Scent notes
- - - - - - - - - -

Red apple, white peach, Bourbon vanilla, lotus, heliotrope, green apple, vanilla, chocolate and creamy sandalwood.

- - - - - - - -
The bottle
- - - - - - - -

I do love the whimsical design of the bottle and cap; It forms a black rose.

The heavy glass is clear, so you can clearly see the lilac juice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Other buying considerations
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The lightness of the EDP does mean that the fragrance isn't sickly or as young as the sweet fruits and vanilla could have otherwise made it. As it is I'd say that the fragrance is ageless and can be confidently worn to work, as well as casual wear. It's too quiet for evening wear though.

Forbidden Rose can also be worn all year round. The light fruits and the powderiness make this pleasant in the sun and heat, while the vanilla is warm and comforting in the cold.

- - - - - - - - -
My opinion
- - - - - - - - -

I'm underwhemed by this; there's nothing that I actively dislike about Forbidden Rose, but there's nohing new here, not to mention how watered down it seems. Plus; the name and bottle design are really misleading.

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

forbidden rose? ironically rose isnt anywhere to b found in the notes

DiBonD
DiBonD

for me it looks like the copy of Paco Rabanne Black XS. It's not distributed in Indonesia, so I wonder how Avril's fragrances smell like.

Forbidden Rose by Avril Lavigne 3.71 out of 5 based on 399 ratings and 84 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avril Lavigne Forbidden Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avril Lavigne Forbidden Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Forbidden Rose by Avril Lavigne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Forbidden Rose by Avril Lavigne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.