Designers » A » Floral Fruity « Groups

Wild Rose Avril Lavigne for women

Wild Rose Avril Lavigne for women
dislike

Wild Rose Avril Lavigne for women Videos
Wild Rose Avril Lavigne for women Pictures Wild Rose Avril Lavigne for women Pictures

Canadian pop-rock singer Avril Lavigne launches her third fragrance under the name of Wild Rose in 2011. The first perfume, Black Star, was introduced in 2009, followed by the second one, Forbidden Rose, a year later. Wild Rose keeps up with the theme of its predecessor and is made as a refreshing, floral-fruity perfume for daily wear.

The composition is described as a feminine and exciting blend of sun-kissed fruits and beautiful flowers. It begins with notes of mandarin, pink grapefruit and plum. The heart is composed of orange blossom, frangipani and blue orchid, while the base notes are musk, sandalwood and creme brulee.

Avril Lavigne Wild Rose is available as 15, 30 and 50 ml EDP, 150 ml body lotion and 150 ml deodorant.

Grapefruit Mandarin Orange Plum

African Orange flower Frangipani Orchid

Musk Sandalwood Sweet Notes

Wild Rose Fragrance Reviews

Sweetloverxoxo
Sweetloverxoxo

I wanted to buy my 2nd perfume after buying Wonderstruck.
Can't decide which of Avril's fragrance should I buy next...I love her..and the perfume bottles too!
Mian point is,does it smell similar to Wonderstruck?

Miriana93
Miriana93

This is more floral than sweet. I don't like it as soon as I spray it but when it settles down I start liking it. I prefer forbidden rose though since its fruitier.

rachellecunningham
rachellecunningham

So being a fan of Avril's first 2 perfumes, I've wanted this for 2 years now. It never really got released in Canada, or at least I hadn't found it during my 2 year search. But I finally got it in the mail today after caving and ordering it online (I never really order fragrances online). I quite liked the initial blast of citrus, although the sharpness of it faded fairly quick. The citrus (I smell grapefruit but not much orange) lingered around, and then the scent became nice and sweet. It wasn't too sweet on me because the grapefruit kept it balanced. It's very summery, and I see myself wearing this to the beach with a lemon iced tea in hand. Definitely a younger fragrance but I'm still young enough to be wearing sweets like this :) Much love to Wild Rose!

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

Got this on clearance at Kohl's for a steal. I can't resist a bargain so I bought it blind; although I did read the reviews here first and knew I would like it based on the reviews and notes. It's a nice fruity floral scent which is typical of many other scents out there and a tad synthetic.

It's pretty long lasting on me and usually scents disappear on me quickly, but not this one. I smelt beautiful wiffs throughout the day. Although I did have to freshen up mid day. It's non offensive. I'd say this was a good buy and I would recommend it.

Oh and the ring is super cute and it fit me perfectly. I took it off right away and wore it to work, that was a bonus.

Alita920
Alita920

First of all i love avril! the bottle is gorgeous,it smells sweet but different,reminds me of desserts,candy and thats a good thing for me because i love sweet but the citrus moderate so its not overpowering! i would say this is a special fragance for me because i wear it when i was pregnant of my first baby girl! i almost finished the bottle, but i have to say i wouldnt get another bottle because i want something new! it makes you a little tired after while! and im saying this because im not a fragance person, i only had one or two parfum! so i definitely look for a signature fragance, i have to say i was dissapointed that didnt smell like roses at all! so youre buying a wild rose that it doesnt have rose on it! same thing for forbidden rose but that one was horrible!

not a rose in sight with this perfume, but it's creamy and smooth. a lot of sweetness from the frangipani, just a beautiful plumaria note. the plum and orchid are gorgeous supporting players and the sweet notes are lovely. this is lasting and holding a good 3 hrs on me so far with good projection. I love it, but I am partial to sweeties.

windhill
windhill

Sweet, basic and synthetic scent. This perfume has an amazing top notes. Very sweet and mouth-watering but in a few minutes it changed to something chemical and uneatable... I actually love the creme brulee note but I don't get it's creaminess much here. Instead this scent smell like candied shampoo and extremity similiar to Viva La Juicy. much lighter though.

Sillage and lasting power? *sigh*

The only thing that made me like this perfume is top notes which faded in a few minutes. I would recommend this scent for young girl who's love sweet and playful scent. Only.

beauty_girl

This perfume does too smell like Meow by Katy Perry/More PINK Please by Victorias Secret/Meow by Katy Perry/Secret Wonderland by Bath and Body Works/Pink Chiffon by Bath and Body Works too me.
Must be used with caution since they smell almost the same, it is easy to get tired of them all if you wear them to often. I dont know if it is something possitive or negative to have many perfumes that smell alike.
One day i shall mix them alltogher at once just to see the explosion of notes it must be :)

LuSlovakia:
Do you know why it is discontinued?

ThePerfumeGuy
ThePerfumeGuy

This fragrance is very average.

The sillage is poor and it's a pretty 'basic' scent, when you first spray it you seem to get avery synthetic candy-sweet smell and sadly that's pretty much all there is to it. It's not bad but there a better fragrances on the market.

To me it's very similar to Justin Bieber's second fragrance 'Girlfriend' but a watered down version. I would only recommend Wild Rose over that if you can get this a bit cheaper (which I did).

Not bad but nothing special.

LuSlovakia

SAD NEWS FOR WILD ROSE LOVERS!! I just got info from parfum shop, that production of this fragrance was ended... I already ordered 2 bottles for back-up...but still feel so sad.. What a gorgeous scent.. :(

Chio268
Chio268

A pretty but generic floral fragrance. It's nice, light, innoffensive. It lasts about an hour on my skin which isn't surprising, considering it's pretty inexpensive.

LuSlovakia

sweet but in a delicate way.. i'm in deep love with this parfume..and the bottle design it's just wonderful..if there was a place in ID where you can write parfum which identifies you, i would proudly write this one!!! :)

FranFran
FranFran

When I saw these notes I was really excited to try this out. I expected a custard-like scent with floral undertones and refreshing citrus, so when I actually tested it was very surprised. The creme brulee is the most noticeable note, but it smells more like caramelle than custard, and when mixed with the other notes the overall effect is a very chalky white floral smelling fragrance that gives off a kinda synthetic impression. The sillage and longevity really is poor, and the smell takes getting used to but once you do, its actually really good. Its very different compared to other celebrity fragrances, in fact its more unique than most designer fragrances. Don't judge it based on the notes you see because then it really does look generic, just give it a try. 7/10 for me,

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

آزادی یک خانم شاد را در رایحه مخصوص آن شخصیت مهیا کرده تا بتواند در مسیر پر باد و همچنین محل های مورد نظر که از قبل خود را برای آن آماده کرده بوسیله این شیشه عطر سر خوش انواع میوه خوردنی جنگلی بهمرا یک شکلات گرم وبا طراوت برای مردی که آماده گرفتن این شرینی مطبوع در مسیر خود گم میشود.

LadyRogue

Dear beauty_girl: I am not in the habit of engaging in these kind of conversations, but since my thoughts about this scent obviously have aroused in you the need to post your 'review' addressed to me; I shall answer you once in public and hope the matter is solved. If not please address me via PM.

No, I do not know what a "Fantasy" or a "Black Star" smell like. (I venture a guess and say neither do you?) And when I hear or read about a perfume called Fantasy et cetera I have no predisposed expectations about its smell.
I do however know what a rose smells like, and if a celebrity (or anyone else for that matter) names her scent "Wild Rose", puts it in a bottle with a rose shaped cap and a rose garland bottleneck. Makes a promo clip (you can watch it at the top of the page) in which the door knobs of the patio doors are roses that -upon opening- let in a cloud of rose petals that then form a rose in the said celebrities hand....YES! I expect at least ONE rose note in any fragrance that gets represented to me in such a fashion. And if this puzzles you...I guess we can agree to disagree.

SweetSwiftie13
SweetSwiftie13

I got this one for my 14th birthday and I really love this fragrance <3 I wear it almost everyday and people keep asking me where I bought it.

I also love the bottle <3 It so sweet and the ring fit perfectly <3

LadyRogue

Am I the only one who feels 'fooled' because the bottle design and the name CLEARLY sate that there should be (at least) one rose note in this? I mean WHY name a perfume "Wild Rose", add a rose shaped cap and fill it with everything but rose?

Based on the name and the cute looking bottle I sampled this yesterday expecting a rose based perfume. Wrong, it's a very sweet candy sirupy scent. No flowers that I can detect at all. This one is to my nose all linear sirup with no real impressive middle or drydown. Even without the promised rose note this could have been a pretty enough scent, but alas, not to my nose. For berry sweet celebrity scents I personally prefer Britney Spears "Cosmic Radiance" and some of her "Fantasy" line. I would recommend this for Lavigne fans and/or young girls who like sweet and playful scents.

Silage is: "sweet sirup and bubblegum fluff" -- Longevity is short with on me 3+ hours. Test before purchase and PLEASE! be aware that you won't get any rose notes in here, no matter what the name & bottle try to fool you into believing. But if candy sweet is your thing, this one might be for you. Good luck! : )

Slytherinn.Green
Slytherinn.Green

I love Forbidden Rose, so I was excited to try Wild Rose. Alas, my nostrils were displeased. I smelled an overpowering synthetic candy, and not one that I would want to eat. I would definitely call this a scent for young girls only.

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

very sweet smelling.. i like it, but doesn't last long maybe an hour or 2 ive applied this 3 times today disappointing but very nice.

orchidlover
orchidlover

I like its smelling, but the lasting power is very weak on me, no more than 1-2 hours, but no problem for me reapplying or choosing another scent after that.
But on the neck of the bottle there is a ring I love (same idea at the J.Lo Still bottle).
I find it a little similar to Cacharel Promesse with less powderness and fruitness with more florals.

starise000
starise000

This is my go to perfume and my favorite out of the Avril Lavinge series. I won't lie I only started collecting her fragrances because I am a HUGE fan, but they do smell nice. It smells sweet, floral, and fruity. When you first spray it on you get a blast of refreshing frosted fruit and a hint of floral notes. Then when the fruity blast starts to wear off it starts smelling like viva la juicy and in the end it has a vanilla scent that isn't too overpowering and a little musk to compliment it. A fair warning it doesnt last very long about say 2-3 hours. But through out the day you'll smell it , its not very noticable to you but it maybe to other people depending on how much you spray. I think this scent would work best for 12-22 year olds. In all it smells like viva la juicy,except more fruity. :)

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I like Wild Rose better than Forbidden Rose. The bottle design is pretty and Wild Rose seems to be a lighter scent but this isn't a fragrance I'd purchase.

Hayven
Hayven

Despite the name I do not smell any rose in this, nor any flowers. If anything, this smells like a longer-lasting version of Body Fantasy's cotton candy fantasy. You're better off saving some money and buying that since the lasting power of Forbidden Rose is 15 minutes at most.

laxpelusa
laxpelusa

This is too simple and boring for me. My sister have it. But it smells good on her.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

It´s actually not bad scent. Better those others from Avril. Not too sweet. The most I smell wild rose and I´m surprised that it´s not in perfume pyramide.

Paige Baker:

You know you can go into your profile and go into "MY reweiws" and see all your comments and then from there delete all your comments!!!

wvdisnut
wvdisnut

A very sweet smelling perfume. I really liked the test spray I tried, and I got a compliment on it before I got out of the store by a man, so I went back and bought it! I only wish there really were roses in this and Forbidden Rose. I don't understand naming a perfume Rose anything without it in it! But it still smells wonderful. It is very similar to Wonderstruck in the dry down. But, Wonderstruck lasts longer, however, this one does last a while also. I like it better than Forbidden Rose, and I think it lasts longer also. Actually, both fragrances smell like they must have some rose in them. But I guess my mind is tricked by the name, since they don't. I enjoy this fragrance anyway, for sure.

takeasniff
takeasniff

@cosminsolomon

You need to lighten up! Paige is young and sounds bubbly he or she is obviously excited about perfumes which we always encourage on this site the catiness we don't!! If this person was older I could understand your complaint but if they are this age leave them alone I am sure they will not reoffend :)

pug314
pug314

This is definitely the sweetest perfume, but in a good way. It's not much different from the others, but drastically feels so. You can really smell the candy in it, but it blends well with the musk and citrus components.

nebi
nebi

this is lovely but quite disappointing as im smelling nothing new. i cant seem to get the creme brulee note at all and somehow this just smells like Black Star and Forbidden Rose combined. i might just put my theory to test - spray on both and see what i get!

bvrchi
bvrchi

This is the best fragrance of Avril Lavigne , I think :P
It's better than Forbidden Rose very much. 70% is Black Star and 30% is sweet note. everytime I spray on me I want to eat strawberry cheese cake or strawberry jam. it's really sweetier than Black Star. But it still soft and cheap. the sharp on top note is the style of Avril Lavigne.

iWhitney13
iWhitney13

I'm going 2 get this! It looks beautiful! I have 2 smell it first because I dont want 2 get and hate it.

Everyworker
Everyworker

This smells almost eatable. Too sweet for me!

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

I have tried yesterday. So nice perfume, very feminine, light, fresh and it is longlasting!Bravo, Avril for this gem!

nanaLvanilla
nanaLvanilla

It is the best perfume I've ever tried. It is amazing and very light. I LOVE this perfume. When I smelled it I was like omg I need this perfume so bad.. <3 love you avril

cosminsolomon
cosminsolomon

I actually smelled this one, and it smells good, well, it's avril, everything she does is good, right? ;)

By the way, this one is a little bit ''youngish'' as black star. I think that forbidden rose is more elegant and made for all ages. Hope avril will make a cologne soon.

avrilfan422
avrilfan422

I really want this perfume can someone PLEASE tell me when it will be available on eBay??!! I want it soooo bad! I have forbidden rose & black star (Avril's other perfumes) and they smell amazing. I don't doubt this will be bad.
PS: I think the bottle looks so pretty! But very similiar to fobidden rose.

This is kind of sweet, but in a soft way. Somehow typical drugstore like again. Only for young girls I would say.

fanciful
fanciful

No surprise here, another super sweet cheap smelling celebrity scent that's a copy of at least one popular perfume. In this case it's mostly Viva La Juicy.
Wild Rose doesn't share the subtleness of Viva, it's waaaaay more sweet and smells cheap and unnatural. Could be a good alternative for someone, but I personally can't stand the sweetness of this fragrance..

Hamano_Chiaki
Hamano_Chiaki

I smelled it today and it's definitely nothing new. Very similar to Viva La Juicy on me! And I love Viva la Juicy but I haven't bought it 'cuz it's expensive, so maybe I'll by this one instead.

laurenstephaniexo
laurenstephaniexo

@acanbek98 It has a similar bottle to Forbidden Rose because Wild Rose is in the same line of perfume. It's a follow up.
Britney Spears has done the same thing. There was Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy, Hidden Fantasy and Circus Fantasy. They all have the same style of bottle because their in the same category.

acanbek98
acanbek98

Uh, I dislike how the bottle is the same as the Forbidden Rose. I know that they are both roses, but couldnt't there be a different bottle?!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

It's not a "Rose" in scent. It's more of a "Rose" in the fragrance is a wild rose or a forbidden rose if that makes sense. Like Elizabeth Taylor's Violet Eyes has no violets in it but it's a name for Elizabeth's eyes. Same thing here.

Better example, a fragrance called Ecstasy. It's more of the feel of the fragrance than what's in the fragrance. I would hope if you smelled a fragrance called ecstasy you wouldn't be disappointed that there wasn't any in the fragrance :)

Wild Rose by Avril Lavigne 3.82 out of 5 based on 206 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Avril Lavigne Wild Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Avril Lavigne Wild Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wild Rose by Avril Lavigne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wild Rose by Avril Lavigne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.