Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

The Purple Dress Ayala Moriel for women
dislike

I have it: 3 I want it: 18

The Purple Dress Ayala Moriel for women Pictures

The Purple Dress was inspired by famous song by Alexander Argov and created as a romantic fragrance with Champaca flower as the main ingredient. Champaca originated from India and in this composition it is surrounded by spicy, floral-tea aromas and enhanced by gentle and barely noticeable essences of white magnolia and star anise, laid on a base created of black tea and smoky wood.

Official composition encompasses star anise and nutmeg in top notes; red Champaca, gold Chapmaca and white magnolia in a heart and sandalwood, Guaiac wood, black tea and angelica absolute in a base.

The perfume will be presented on December 12th 2009, when a reception to celebrate the new fragrance is scheduled. The Purple Dress will be available as perfume extract in amount of 9 ml for $160, as well as Creme Perfume in an original Ayala Moriel pendant for $150. Only 12 flacons and 4 pendants will be available in this exclusive limited offer. Creator of the fragrance is Ayala Moriel, nose and founder of the house.

Nutmeg Star Anise

Magnolia Champaca

Sandalwood Guaiac Wood Angelica Tea

The Purple Dress Fragrance Reviews

cloyd42

I just received my sample and, for a change, I'm not disappointed. First, the wording regarding availability here is a bit misleading. This is easily ordered from the website in sample and full sizes.

Now to the perfume: lovely and unique. When I think of "the art of perfume" this should be the real meaning--a creative vision of a creator brought into existence. For me the scent opened with a grassy herbal note--sharp but pleasant. In a few minutes the star anise took over and the soapy nutmeg note joined it almost immediately. That combination drifted in and out of separately detectable smell and a combination that smelled of cloves. The floral note at about 1 hour is the primary scent although the anise and nutmeg pop in every now and again. For me the base notes are combining into a pleasant incense note when I hold my wrist to my nose. The structure is formal, almost architectural, not a perfume for teenagers. This is somewhat expensive juice but you're paying for quality rather than advertising and stupid gimmicky bottles.

One question for Ayala if she checks in again: this doesn't quite smell like Chamnpaca to me. Is this possibly "magnolia champaca" rather than champaca and magnolia?

Sillage: discrete, personal space
Persistence: good at 3 hours
Fabulosity: hand made oriental rug
Value to price ratio: Excellent

cloyd42

This perfume sounds utterly wonderful. I just bought it blind. If you'd go to the website you'd see that this scent is available in several sizes. Thanks for your comment, Ayala. I would have missed this otherwise.

ayala
ayala

Because, dear lmktacwa, every bottle counts for a small company like this, where each perfume is made in small batches, and each bottle is filled by hand by the perfumer. I pour my heart and soul in everything I do and if you don't appreciate it - then it's obviously not for you.

lmktacwa
lmktacwa

"Only 12 flacons and 4 pendants will be available in this exclusive limited offer. "

makes me wonder why this is even on this website.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ayala Moriel The Purple Dress fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ayala Moriel The Purple Dress, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Purple Dress by Ayala Moriel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Purple Dress by Ayala Moriel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.