Designers » A » Woody Spicy « Groups

Acteur Azzaro for men

Acteur Azzaro for men
dislike

leather
Acteur Azzaro for men Pictures Acteur Azzaro for men Pictures Acteur Azzaro for men Pictures Acteur Azzaro for men Pictures

Acteur by Azzaro is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. Acteur was launched in 1989. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Maurin. Top notes are fruity notes, nutmeg flower, bergamot and cardamom; middle notes are carnation, patchouli, jasmine, vetiver, cedar and rose; base notes are leather, amber, musk and oakmoss.

Fruity Notes Nutmeg Flower Bergamot Cardamom

Carnation Patchouli Jasmine Vetiver Cedar Rose

Leather Amber Musk Oakmoss

Acteur Fragrance Reviews

Behram
Behram

I have, had and tried alot of colognes. But this is the Superstar which gets it done. Great projection and longevity. The fragrance is old school but very seductive, just like Opium.
I actually had some women greet and hug me repeatedly... LOL... dats all I need from a cologne..
10/10 fr me.

lovetribe
lovetribe

old school roses.i like it.long longevity and sillage.

i was expecting more. expect the evolution to add more comments.

after 3 hours...soapy and more roses!!!!good scent 80's.
but for me now best roses are declaration d'un soir and van cleef and arpels homme.

vote 7/10.

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

4 from 5 - 93P (out of 100) - pear spice - When Acteur came out, I expected a similar fougère- top-scorer like Azzaro Pour homme, but it is quite different. The late 80ies have been the bridge between the very aromatic fragrances from the 80ies and the synthetic ones from the 90ies, and in fact, Acteur is in the middle of both. Regarding its position in the Azzaro masculines' range, for me it seems to be superior to everything which came after. Pity that it never became a big hit such as Cool Water which had been introduced shortly before.-
Pears on a mellow but spicy fond, yellow roses, light green, but not herbal notes, all harmonized in a soft manner, form a particular fragrance, I do not know any being close to it. Unique. Wonderful to wear at sunshine. Also great as a Unisex.

pronose
pronose

AGAIN NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE????? THAT'S PRETTY WEIRD? IT WAS A UNIQUE COLOGNE.

henri345que
henri345que

It's an interesting fragrance, very unissex for me, maybe due the floral and frutal aspects. I don't know exactly which fruit do i smell at the opening, but there is something that reminds me pineapple maybe? The rose is not so bitter and not powdery, more a kind of rose that would be used in arab compositions. The base is more woody, sweet and ambery. I like it, i didn't expect it to be that good.

sagarjanvekar
sagarjanvekar

when i was 12 years old ....in Misty morning i got up n said Dad!!! you smell so fine which soap???

my Dad jus laughed ...

To begin with dry grapes, sultanas, dry apricot, plums all underrated fruits like a fruit Punch with Vodka....after 15 mis ...its a floral bom...mean it floral bom with 80% of Rose ....20% Leather, Oakmoss, musk , cardamom..... Very fine to the point...feel like back to 80s with disco thump ....in one word Awesome!!!!
shame they discontinued this ....

Giv1952
Giv1952

just bought from Strawberrynet.com at good price 29$ for 100ml bottle. It's very smooth rose fragrance for men but the strong personality of Azzaro Pour Homme also play a main role in this fragrance. The sweet note remind me of Quadrille by Balenciaga also my favourite.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I bought this fragrance recently and I am glad I did. I love the smell of roses in this fragrance. It is not a feminine rose smell, but manly, together with the leather and the oak moss. I wore it on Saturday night for a party and I got many compliments. It lasted a very long time on me. I will be using it more often.

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

U.N.I.Q.U.E

so it's floral...big deal...it's also one hell of a scent ! Very unique, certainly not dated (although 30+)and very pleasant to wear in any circumstance (INCREDIBLE sillage)...nowadays i dare to say that it's better (although 2 totally different scents) than the latest (poor) reformulation of the legendary azzaro pour homme (which i used to love)...acteur is for real, gentle, clean (and confident) guys. Try & buy...

boyoyo
boyoyo

I think i just found the perfect rose fragrance for men.This is it folks.Exclusive.
Acteur is a very special rose fragarance for men.
Masculine,fantastic,unforgetable,awesome,addictive and lovely.
It draws people in,when they catch a whiff.
Acteur is my favourite and the best.
What a splendid fragrance.I love it

619haifisch
619haifisch

Just recieved this in he post, and sprayed it on a card, and all I could smell was.. yep you guessed it - ROSE
This is not a bad thing though; I then decided to spray it on my wrist to see how it developed and I was pleasently suprised.

When it was on my skin it turned into a floral leather based scent.
The notes of rose, and it must be jasmine really brought it to life.
One of the best from Azzaro - unique in is own right, and rightfully stands alone as a different scent.

Plus - projection and longevity are BEASTLY on this thing so beware of the trigger. Enjoy smelling good...

hadrian
hadrian

Clearly, it is not the best frag from the house of Azzaro – for instance, nothing comparable with that classic masterpiece (IMO) named Azzaro PH! “Other voices, other rooms” – as Truman Capote put it…

But it’s also clear that Acteur deserves at least a try! After a try, I’ll bet you will buy it.

For those who love the perfume style of the 80s and those who like Versace l’Homme + rose or some of the Aramis + rose, Acteur was (or will be) a pleasant surprise.

Quality versus price make it a must have!
A well deserved 9/10.

migi
migi

best perfume. my favorite. 10/10

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

If you are curious as to what a beautiful amorous dance between rose and oakmoss might be like - you have found it. Rose dressed in a red silk gown and oakmoss clad in leather. Maurice Maurin managed to make an uber-masculine fragrance using common elements usually found in feminine scents (rose, fruits & light musk). He manages to disguise them in a masculine aura. Thus, the leading actor - the rose - is able to fool everyone into thinking she is masculine! I don't know if it was due to ego or daring ... whatever Maurin's reasons, Thank You! He strongly embraces the rose with masculine arms of oakmoss, cedar wood and patchouli. Other elements try to cut in to grab a moment with the rose but their appearances tend to be fleeting - like a soft aldahydic peach near the opening. But ultimately they get chased away by a powerful little mace note.

The other reviewers are so spot on when they say this is a masculine rose fragrance. The rose is a star but her dancing partners are no slouches - they are to be admired as well.
Although upon first spray this has a throwback scent signature with an instantly identifiable Azzaro Pour Homme backbone it is a fragrance all it's own after an hour - That's when it turns humid, leathery and more deeply floral. The leather accord creeps in slowly and nuzzles up to the rose for most of the dance. This fragrance is a ridiculously handsome dirty deep red rose with leather, amber, oakmoss and a fruit like peach singing lightly in the distance.

My Grade System : 1 is horrid, 5 average, 10 perfect

florindeca

rose,rose, rose

juancar_66
juancar_66

It is unfartenabily discontenued now.
It´s good parfum for men.
Dark about the woody notes.
nice Rose Very masculine (in this ocasion)
About the Leather it´s good.
Nice and unusual but so much masculine.

serflayg
serflayg

lamentable resultado de reformulación, ha perdido fuerza y elegancia, no perdura nada en mi piely huele a perfume de venta por catálogo.

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

Bold, romantic ROSE from beginning to end although not a simple linear fragrance. I'd say longevity is above average and sillage is moderate.

Despite a slightly synthetic opening on my skin, the drydown is where Acteur really shines. A flawless composition of floral and warm spicy accords. Brilliant! Beautiful! Bewildering!

Wear it on cool, breezy Spring days when the sky is blue and sunshine is plentiful, or on crisp Fall evenings before the dampness of Winter sets in. Worthy of saving only for special occasions or for anytime you want to feel extraordinary.

This one is special, and you'll know it from first spritz. So will those around you.

UPDATE 11/24/12 . . . this IS now my go to scent from now until the Holidays are over.

happenis
happenis

Now, this scent is incredible, it is. I cannot get enough of it. However every time I wear it I ask myself 'is it not too pretty for a bloke?'.If it wasn't for the label I'd thought it is for the ladies. I still wear it though. Paradoxically it takes some b...s to do it!

instantjim
instantjim

I have wanted this fragrance for quite some time. I found it cheaply at Strawberrynet and after only waiting 4 days (two of which were Saturday and Sunday) it arrived. What a fantastic fragrance! With the first sprays from the bottle I was hit with a boozy rose, somewhat like opening a box of Turkish delight and inhaling deeply. (lol reminds me of the time I took my kids to the movies with turkish delight and they blew the powdered sugar off it ... all over the woman in front of us).

Anyway...back to the review...It also has an aromatic aspect not unlike the original Azzaro, so I would almost categorise this as a floral fougere, even though it technically is missing some of the notes to qualify as such. It is really unlike any other fragrance I have. I have both Ungaro III and Zino Davidoff, but this is very different to either of them. This could quite easily be a top 20 fragrance for me!

karthiktas
karthiktas

Azzaro Acteur is Nothing but Rose Rose Rose. Its fantastic Rose Fragrance for Rose Lovers. But this doesnt smells feminine, Its definitely male. Projection awesome for 3 hours,People next to u will feel they r in to a rose garden. Longevity up to 6 hours, then gets close to skin. I can smell only the Rose from the beginning to end. It has elegant classic smell, which can attract many. Compliments will fly. If u Love Roses ,Then this is for u... I Love it. I give 9/10.

williamvargas
williamvargas

a spicy sexy sort of scent, the very opening reminded me a bit of puig's quorum...but then it goes after that a different direction some rose . I have been reading some reviews and some of the reviewers whom happen to like some of the very same things i do like this one, so i thought i would get a small sample of this to try..don't know if i would wear it often but i like 80's vibe scents, i would have this in my collection, so i will look to pick up some. thanks for the tip on this interesting and well done fragrance.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

I think there are some fragrances that emerged during a certain period of fragrance history, and that at times it takes this knowledge to truly appreciate a fragrance. Probably Acteur is one of them. Nevertheless, all I could smell with this was rose, rose and more rose. No thanks.

LANIER
LANIER

The sumptuous red velvet curtain rose silently. The stage was as dark as 3:am. Then an amber spotlight widened from just a pinpoint at the center of the stage to reveal a lone handsome figure. The Actor.
   “To spray or not to spray, that is the question.”
The audience cupped in the neo classical splendor of the Comédie Française Theater was spellbound in shimmering silence.
“Whether ’tis nobler for the body to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fragrance,
Or to take arms against a sea of scents,
And by opposing end them?”
   He raised a bottle of Acteur Azzaro to inspect it and then popped the top and sprayed it out over the assembly. Thunderous applause shook the rafters of the theater and caused a microscopic show of plaster to fall from the ornately vaulted ceiling lightly dusting the audience.
    The following morning the Parisian papers trumpeted the reviews, The Acteur is bombastic, over the top, and in the grand style of another age. Yet despite all of that, it is a fabulous exciting hit.

And indeed it is. What a perfect name for this late 80’s power fragrance, Acteur, the Actor. It demands attention and carries a natural charisma that only a true star possesses.

The drama of its theatrical opening is huge! It is a tangy spiced cocktail of Fruit, nutmeg, bergamot and cardamom that nearly knocked me over. This opening quickly dissipates into a really romantically masculine and sublime mix of rose, jasmine, vetiver, cedar and patchouli that carries authority in that special 80’s way some of us love. The dry down is a sensuous mix of leather amber musk and oakmoss. I do have to say that throughout the entire performance of this fragrance the leather and amber do move up into the middle notes which temper the rose and burnishes it and the jasmine quite nicely.

The silage is fine, a range of about medium and it last a good 6 to 8 hours on my skin.
If you are looking back to the 1980’s for a fine mature fragrance with some authority and panache, Acteur should take center stage for you.

FIVE GOLD STARS *****

ericrico
ericrico

LANIER, originaldeftom, cowboykenny27, bigsly and flannelman (among others) really wrote some great reviews - thank you! I got a Vintage bottle recently prior to reformulation - the moss is definitely very much there and shows up in the mid-notes on the skin (on clothing, a touch more cleaner and slower evolution of scent - but I really prefer this as a skin scent - just a couple dabs to clothing from a splash). This is radiating a deep, dark rose (not dirty like Zino Davidoff's - different vein). Knightz is correct is saying that this is not a "fresh" bloom, but one that has start to drop a couple of petals into the bowl of fresh and dried fruit under it (definitely some nice fruit notes in here) - slightly wilted, darkening at the edges of the burgundy petals. However, what keeps the rose from being "off" is actually the sharp carnation, in my opinion (brilliant). I actually think it fits perfect into the structure. A bright, cheerful rose note would not fit into this simply wonderful composition...it is very deep, mysterious, & rich. I am in olfactory heaven with this brooding, masculine floral! It would take a confident man to wear this - most definitely.

The wood in this is so well-integrated with the florals and the fruits are drying down a bit. And, the leather is well-done...warm. A key note is mace, or nutmeg flower, (which creates a nice spiciness) which really shows itself, however the note could be off-putting to those who don't know what it is. Not dominant, but integrated in the top with cardamom, some bergamot rind and the booziness from the dried fruit.

This is, indeed, better than a lot of the niche fragrances out there today - unbelieveably good juice. My score is 9+/10, for Vintage formulation...with a standing ovation. So, do as you may. This is a warm, deep, masculine and beautiful fragrance...one of the best offerings ever made by the Azzaro house, Vintage Acteur. For men, not boys.

**Update** - I decanted about 20-25ml into a 30ml glass atomizer (to have some air in the spray bottle and really let it breathe!) After applying the same splash-on juice by atomizer, it really opens up beautifully. A lot more of the spices comes out along with the other florals mentioned (jasmine, and even more carnation!) The note separation is fantastic. Less concentrated? Perhaps a bit - but it keeps the richness and prefer to apply several shots close in (to create depth) and a couple from a bit of distance to spread out the composition and let it reveal the top and heart notes more. I bought a Vintage 50ml spray bottle as well and realized how the scent wore different when applied through an atomizer. This is serious fragrance and you can really get a lot more notes by applying this way. The rose is not quite as deep and brooding with the leather, amber and oakmoss - but you get a slightly brighter top and a more integrated fragrance. Booziness is still there - you get the FULL effect. Impressive.

Another aspect I did not delve deeply into is the actual spiciness and earthy wood structure of Vintage Acteur. I love the spicy cardamom on top - it is very distinct to my nose. It blends perfectly into the gorgeous and earthy patchouli (one of the most important notes I find in the entire composition) along with a nice warm cedar. Vetiver comes in at the end of the heart going into the drydown. It is not perfectly "clean" vetiver. There is a bit of damp soil on that root - lending an extra bit of depth to the entire wear and allowing it to transcend perfectly into the Oakmoss! The leather is gorgeous here - very classy and smooth and it blends brilliantly with the rose that stays from the top all the way through to the base. The effect is nothing short of the slightly wilted rose petals that are stuffed in the pocket of a rich, black leather jacket. The musk is well-done...another not-so-perfectly clean note, but perfectly befitting the 'mood' this fragrance creates. The amber is actually a more important note here as it blends with the musk and actually does two things - it adds even more warmth (this is one of the "warmest" scents you can find in Vintage Acteur) to the composition and increases the longevity, while at the same time adding a distinct note that provides a radiant feel.

One should wear this on skin, and fairly liberally. It goes on with a wonderful richness, warms incredibly on your skin and creates the "aura-effect" that Azzaro Pour Homme made famous. It is how the scent is structured that allows one to experience (and adore) this. If you look at the notes, this could have had some dialed up and the effect would not be there. Soothing and calming in Vintage Acteur - like a 'mature, confident actor' indeed. Some people have complained about the current juice being "fizzy" - which I simply felt was lacking the density and depth of Vintage (it was dilute, unimpressive and very short-lived), but interesting adjective. That is the last word that would ever come to mind when thinking about this gorgeous, rich scent in its Vintage form, though. Based upon that, and my experience with Vintage Azzaro Pour Homme versus the reformulation - I would say to seek out Vintage bottles of this if you want to truly experience the sheer depth, warmth and beauty that is in Original Acteur. Bravo!

sistertricked
sistertricked

As a lover of chypres I am nuts about a well-made woody rose and Acteur is just that. I am not sure I can wear it in public as it does indeed have that masculine Azzaro note noticed here already but I am sure to wear this beauty all for myself. I think a man wearing this has great taste and class, irrespective of age. I am sure to gift it to my husband and men, if you have the occasion, buy it, it's a gem!

RobbieX
RobbieX

Acteur is an amazing rose scent for men. It is very floral. A lot of men would be put off by the distinct rose in this. I think it's really clean light and fresh almost a "fizzy rose" Stays fairly linear on me as rose and woods. Sillage and staying power are very good. It's a unique men's fragrance.

CHSeifert
CHSeifert

I don't get the vibe from Azzaro Pour Homme at all in Acteur - other than the bottle at a distance looks like the Azzaro PH. Azzaro POur Homme is an 80's power house barber shop frag with a clear anis note. Actuer is a weak fine rose scented frag, so they have nothing in common other than the bottle design and the brand house name.

I'm a HUGE Azzaro Pour Homme fan and of course also had to check Actuer out.
To my nose it's a fine delicate rose scented fragrance with a weak citrus undertone, that stays close to your skin - I get 6-8 hours of longevity and Acteur blends really nice with Zino Davidoff and Guerlain Heritage.

Actuer is definitely not for everyone - this frag is all about the rose, and rose takes courage for a man to wear as a frag, which is why I very often mix/blend it with Zino Davidoff and Guerlain Heritage :)

I give this an 8.5/10 - rose done the soft smooth way, but a bit linear on my skin, and I prefer to blend it with another frag. Takes courage to wear by itself.

krmarich
krmarich

I stumbled across Acteur in the late 1990s at a closeout store. I found it very unusual that the rose was so defined. Its a big red juicy leathery rose that is rare enough in ladies offerings, let alone mens! The leather/spiciness only accented it. Indeed, it resembles Azzaro PH with florals. It moves into a sensitive, refined area that mens offerings rarely go with any sucess. Actuer came out at the end of the 1980s when the floral was trendy. It was a natural progression.

You get ROSE throughout the entire composition. Its more formal than casual. Very urban, dramatic and romantic. Totally unforgettable and handsome. I think of the Phantom of the Opera with this one. There is a dark mystery in it that works well on cold windy nights! It becons those around you to come closer. It puts the "come hither" on your target.

There was a refromulation that turned down the oakmoss. That BIG ROSE was still there! It didnt sell so well and is no longer on the market. There are plenty remaining online and worth the extra effort/price for a vintage.

MrMookie
MrMookie

I was 11 yrs old back in 89 when i first came in contact with this magnificent scent, my brother then 18 yrs old already was a player in the field for the girls and he wanted this scent... as a kid i used to smell alot of scents in the local perfume store in my town and in that period i fell in love with the 80´s scents already... My father was wearing at that time Loris Azzaro as a signature scent for his business suits...we both liked that one too...
My first smell on Acteur was strange..and good together it was not like anything i smelled before! because many scents back then shared my opinion a same basis...it was WOODY or AQUA...Acteur didnt...it was awkward and nice, rich and full of spices but in a unconventional way... i bought it for my brother because we shared the same interests he was thrilled with my present as i also sniffed it a lot when it was on his shelf that day...
It was my first strange scent that era... and now i´ve ordered myself after 22 yrs a new bottle to get me back in this strange but GOOD time...

PS i think T´erre de Hermes has many similarities with this scent in a way that t´erre de Hermes is deep and less sharp... i can be wrong its been 22 yrs!!

GreenMan
GreenMan

It is woody and spicy, yes. But, there is a dominant, dark rose note that lasts from beginning to end.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Used to love this one back in the day and have fond memories associated with it during my early clubbing days in Vienna Austria. Life was good, I was young and innocent and we had incredibly clever and sophisticated new fragrances at that time. This was one of them.
Loved the fruity opening, supported by jasmine and rose. This is the more cool and wet "brother" to the warm and loud Chanel's "Egoiste" launched a year later. Both are 2 of my all-time favourites.

Testing AMOUAGE OPUS V today, I am being send down memory lane and I feel strongly that the two are very similar indeed. Does anybody else feel the same? (OPUS V being an updated "version" of ACTEUR).

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

I'm a fan of most of the male Azzaro fragrances and Acteur was no exception to this & is truly one of the best in my opinion . I would say this fragrance is quite formal ,& best suited for autumn or winter . I like that about Acteur it lets you know this right away .I really do smell the fruity notes in the beginning and then it changes into a lovely rose scent quite masculine actually ,I definately sense another fragrance 'iquitos' in here I would say its like the scent of a fully flowered rose close to shedding its petals away (ripe rose?) lovely lovely smell and Im proud to own a bottle of this fragrance .

BIG
BIG

This is a great fragrance for the fall months. It belongs to the Aromatic Fougere category rather than the Woody Spicy one.

kraxa
kraxa

It's currently available on cheap smells website in UK.

florentin
florentin

this scent can define my entire life...with good and bad things, emotions, happiness, loneliness, true feelings..all in one bottle. If I ll be forced one day to leave the Earth and go to the Moon, this bottle ( and ok...just few other things) will be in my luggage.
I'm in love with this unique and rare perfume and I am sure, no other will be the same...ever!

gatsby
gatsby

This perfume is my best friend's favourite of all time! He loves this perfume like hell. Anfd I like it too. Looking fwd to buy one for his birthday but it is so hard to find :(

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Acteur is one beautiful men's fragrance. I don't get rose - I get incense and oakmoss, a little leather and tobacco, and a sweet drydown of apples. A truly brilliant combination, I must say. At first I wasn't really keen on it because the opening reminded me too much of Quorum. The bottle I tried must have been at least 15 years old. It's possible some of the delicate balance of notes was lost with time and disuse. But if you're looking for a friendly, unusual, and downright beautiful autumnal fragrance, Acteur is unmatched. There's Polo, but that's pretty played. There's Yatagan, but that's not all that friendly. And then there's Acteur. I want to buy the bottle, but I'm really afraid it'll be the only one I'll ever be able to procure, and I love the scent too much to stay away from it. That bottle would be gone in a year, and then where would I be? But then again, better to have loved and lost . . .

One of, if not the best "men's" designer fragrances of all time! It's got it all. I don't agree that it's similar to the original in any way, other than a couple of notes perhaps (which is true for 99% of men's fragrances anyway). It may not be for every day, and it may be too "formal" for the younger crowd, but this is an aficionado's dream come true!

I've seen another note pyramid that listed mace, and it sure smells like there's mace in here. This is mostly a dry, spicy, and rosy wood fragrance. Don't expect much amber, vetiver, leather, or oakmoss in the base. The "fruity notes" are not fruity to me, but rather it impressed me more like "boozy" geranium (and it's a least a bit astringent). The thing about this one is the quality of ingredients and the blending. As far as I'm concerned, today's "niche" fragrances can't touch this one.

UPDATE: The reformulation. I just tried it today and there is something coming across as an "off note" in the opening. It also lacks the richness of the original. However, after a couple of hours or so they are somewhat similar. I don't think I would ever wear the reformulation, to be honest. I suggest anyone who is serious about fragrances grab a vintage bottle soon at current prices. The way you can tell is that the vintage bottle says Vol 90% on the front of the bottle (though of course I can't say with absolute certainty since I didn't bottle them). To be sure, I bought a splash bottle that said Vol 90%.

UPDATE #2: It takes a long time but eventually the basenotes listed are apparent, though quite subtle.

vertigo
vertigo

Acteur is more chypre-leather to me ...
It amazes with its boldness, it has a distinct character, it is somewhat different, it brings to mind mysterious travels to exotic lands and intellectual adventures ...
The composition is cheeky and stout.
I think for elegant and noble men, who are actors - not extras - on the stages of their lives.

flannelman
flannelman

I had this in my wardrobe around 1989 or 1990, shortly after it was realeased. In a forgotten old box, I just found what remains of a mini bottle I also had at the time, with about 1ml of juice left. I thought, "this will likely have gone off in a big way" but to my surprise it was still perfect and exactly as I remembered it. Talk about a trip down memory lane!

One thing I like about eighties fragrances for men is that they were not afraid of having a lot of character. Acteur is not a powerhouse fragrance, but it definitely has an unmistakable personality.

I agree with Knightz's excellent review, to which I do not have much to add. The "azzaro accord" is there, but Acteur has an exquisite floral heart in which the top mace note seems to linger. Despite the spices and the musk, I find Acteur to have some sort of mellow quality. If I didn't know better I would say there is something reminiscent of honey in the juice but it's not a flowery honey, rather something like honeydew.

The overall feel of the fragrance is warm, sensual and sophisticated, with a woody-musky base and a close-to-skin soft leather note.

Really nicely done, perfect for autumn or evening wear.

knightz
knightz

If you know the smell of Azzaro pour Homme, then you know what is in the heart and base of Acteur... minus a few Azzaro pH notes... but still the original 'accord' is unmistakably there.

The top florals are switched to heart florals, with the spices staying mostly in the top. Some of the top notes they took out are Lavender, Geranium, and Iris. They are replaced in Acteur, as heart notes, by light Jasmine, a noticeable Carnation note, and the most dominant of the new florals is Rose. The Rose in this smells old, like a flower that has blossomed already and is starting to whither. It's not a bad smell, it's just not a fresh, clean Rose. I think it is a result of Mace in the top, the Mace is the harshest part of the nutmeg, very dry and peppery. The notes here say Nutmeg Flower in the top, but I'm pretty sure it's the Nutmeg husk (Mace) I am smelling, not the flower. The mace hangs around until well into the dry down.

The scent is average in longevity and sillage. Acteur is actually a little bit lighter than Azzaro pH but lasts about the same time. After about 2 hours it mostly smells of the original Azzaro accord to me, with more spicy dryness from both Vetiver and Mace. Very masculine. Another good one from Loris Azzaro, I like it.

If you are a fan of Azzaro and find Azzaro Now is too sweet for a Rose scent, then you might like Acteur's Rose better than Now's. Acteur is a lot more mature and manly than the playful sweet fruitiness of Now.

Acteur by Azzaro 4.06 out of 5 based on 168 ratings and 42 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Azzaro Acteur fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Azzaro Acteur, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acteur by Azzaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acteur by Azzaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.