Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Azzaro 9 Azzaro for women

Azzaro 9 Azzaro for women
dislike

Azzaro 9 Azzaro for women Pictures Azzaro 9 Azzaro for women Pictures Azzaro 9 Azzaro for women Pictures

Azzaro 9 by Azzaro is a Floral fragrance for women. Azzaro 9 was launched in 1984. Top notes are aldehydes, pineapple, mandarin orange and bergamot; middle notes are mimosa, tulip, carnation, tuberose, lily, wisteria, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, rose, orange blossom, dyer’s greenweed, hyacinth, violet leaf, mimosa petals and basil; base notes are sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, vanilla, incense, cedar, ambrette (musk mallow), vetiver and iris.

Aldehydes Pineapple Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Mimosa Tulip Carnation Tuberose Lily Wisteria Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Orange Blossom Dyer’s Greenweed Hyacinth Violet Leaf Mimosa Petals Basil

Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Vanilla Incense Cedar Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Vetiver iris

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Beige
Kingdom Summer

Azzaro 9 Fragrance Reviews

carolyn.parker
carolyn.parker

This is a review of the glass bottle Eau De Toilette

Hi y'all & happy holidays, Carolyn here again writing my 2nd review on Fragrantica my new hobby! Azzaro 9 is a lovely sweet day wear perfume. It starts off with an unpleasant sour note of violet leaf, which when mixed with aldehydes is harsh. The aldehydes are quite heavy, which made me step back a bit. I hoped that this fragrance would eventually get better and it did. I'm a sucker for a pretty and creative looking bottle. This perfume bottle is pure glass and even the stopper is glass. It reminds me of old perfume bottles my mother used to have around the house, but without any name on the bottle, which I was guessing was toilet water from drugstores in the 40's. This is the kind of bottle you want to show off on your dresser table. A dab on bottle all you need do is turn the bottle upside down and the liquid comes up and gets on the stopper which you use to dab on yourself. I apply on my neck and just above my breasts and sometimes on my wrists.

The sweetness of this perfume comes from the fruit notes. A9 opens with mandarin orange, bergamot & pineapple. The citrus notes are juicy, and sweet. Smells like pina colada. A9 was released sometime in the 80's and I was wearing her around 1986-1987, but loved the perfume so much that I never did stop wearing it and continuously wore her even when she fell out of fashion. She has to be credited as one of the very first successful fruity florals even before they became stylish in the 90's. At the same time it lacks the heaviness of a 90's fruity floral like Chloe Narcisse (way too sweet) or Deci Dela. She is rather sedate, elegant and demure, a real classy dame. There is something about her that is more archaic like a citrus floral toilet water from the Renaissance. This is how I imagine the Mona Lisa to smell like. A9 is not as complex as the notes suggest.

The other florals turn to powder and keep making cameos on your sense of smell: a powdery pink rose, a tulip, carnation, lilac, tuberose, lily, iris, orange blossom & mimosa. When it comes right down to it, the major floral notes are mimosa, orange blossom & tulip. So it's a very sunny/solar happy day wear floral scent for a conservative lady who loves to wear DRESSES. This can never match up with a pant suit. I've worn many a pant suit in my career as a high school principal but let me tell you when I was not working I was in dresses and smelling of A9. She is not a typical 80's power scent. This is as far from Opium by Yves Saint Laurent, Poison by Dior or Coco Eau de Parfum. At the same time, A9 is nothing like the super charged powder floral scent of Yves Saint Laurent Paris. This perfume deserves an award for how well balanced moderate and perfect it really is.

She has something in her keeping her grounded and herbal, realistic to actual floral smells, botanical (maybe the basil note or green notes). She is very calm and soothing. The base notes include distinct & noticeable vetiver, sandalwood, cedar wood and vanilla. A whisper of incense. To my nose & skin chemistry, when dry, A9 smells of sandalwood but a curious thing happens. This is the first and perhaps only fragrance in my years of experience with perfume to dry down to IRIS.

The iris floral note is the glue that holds this thing together. It's a very well composed iris providing it with a powder effect. As such one might argue that it is a boudoir perfume. I don't perceive this fragrance as a lingerie or nightgown scent, nor a skin scent. It's not sexy but she is very sweet and subtle. She just wants you to wear her with cocktail dresses, halter top dresses, or floral print dresses. She was my go-to perfume when I wanted to have a good time in the late 80's in Charleston South Carolina with a hat and dress. I would wear her to country clubs my late husband used to go to. A9 is not glamorous but she has an elegant simplicity like the fashions of Audrey Hepburn. White dress shirt, skirt, or little one-color theme dresses. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that Audrey Hepburn wore Azzaro Number 9.

A9's dignified florals & yet a tad on the festive side because of the fruit. A perfume of a bygone era when ladies were ladies. Why should it be any different now? A perfume that commands respect. Graceful, and sweet. On certain days when I'm not wearing her I get a buzz just from inhaling the fume from the bottle itself.

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

A newbie to floral oriented fragrances but already hooked. This is a pretty glass bottle in a fitted box EDP and EDT. I have the EDP. It is so pretty and sweet with delicate powdery florals, and a dry down of incense and oak moss. Standard chypre. It opens with citrusy mandarin and pineapple. There are aldehydes but not heavy ones. The floral notes are exquisite and include rose, jasmine, lily of the valley, wisteria, tuberose, ylang ylang, carnation, tulip and violet. For me it was not too much. For whatever reason it's not screechy or headache inducing florals like the ones in Yves Saint Laurent Paris. Instead it's powdery and soft. There's a good vanilla in the base that swims in oak moss and incense. There might also be some amber. It's a beautiful classy elegant perfume. I wear it very rarely and want to take my time discovering more about it to love.

auroramccandless
auroramccandless

This beautiful little perfume has been in my collection for as long as I can remember.

It was a perfume I wore when I was ages 21 through 23. At the time, early 90's, it was already pretty old fashioned and "mature". It smelled like a vintage aldehyde floral, perhaps a bit like First by Van Cleef & Arpels. The perfume is at once elegant, tropical, and sweet, with a luxurious aura.

It's so beautiful. As a fan of floral perfumes, this is my bag. The fragrance opens with a fruity mélange of citrus and pineapple. I smell mandarin orange and pineapple quite clearly. Then there's a heavy mimosa, orange blossom and ylang ylang. There's a scent of tulip, carnation, rose, iris, lilac and wisteria, along with tuberose and lilies.

The mandarin and pineapple scent with those shiny aldehydes keep it light and summery. The dry down is an incense and woodsy note. This perfume may also contain some amber and vanilla. The dry down is warmer and less bright, totally a different type of perfume like they put 2 different perfumes into one. It smells Oriental but it's tropical and sweet at the same time. It's a perfume that totally matches up with a cocktail dress or summer sun dress.

Finally, the aldehydes, florals and incense turn into a powder and a typical boudoir perfume. It's quite feminine and old fashioned, lady like and delicious.

The fragrance is still available on ebay and it comes in either the Eau de Parfum spray or the miniature Eau de Toilette bottles. I have both and they are rather different. The EDT is diluted and more powdery, whereas the EDP is fruitier and more full bodied.

Azzaro 9 is a good intro to florals and appears to have been a type of innovation in perfumery as it was released during a time in which heavier musky woodsy Orientals like Chanel's Coco and or incense scents with patchouli like Yves Saint Laurent Opium were all the rage. This perfume is nothing like the 80's incense perfumes nor is it a heavy white floral like Giorgio Beverly Hills. It has a sweetness and it doesn't feel pretentious in the least. I still wear this when I go out to dinner with my husband and love it on cruises to the Caribbean. My Scott love this scent on me. I love it on me.

lucia.lawson
lucia.lawson

Eau de Toilette

The glass bottle is charming and so old-fashioned as to appear like you inherited it from your grandma. This fragrance is quite pretty. Every note in this fragrance is a seductive feminine charm in itself: fruit top notes of citrus pineapple and a heart filled with flowers: hyacinth, carnation, tulip, rose, mimosa, This is a lovely powdery iris perfume on me. It does not start with iris but it dries down to iris and incense. The opening notes are sweet fruit. I like the mandarin orange and pineapple which sparkle with aldehydes all around them. The mimosa and tulip are the dominant flowers, there might be ylang ylang in there as well. All the flowers are sweet and far from being too heavy or "mature" smell as youthful and seductive as Ungaro Diva to me. There was a time when there was no such thing as cotton candy notes, pralines, too much vanilla, licorice, raspberry and other gourmand scents so young women had to wear these type of floral fragrances. Sometimes the aldehydes can be rather big, but the scent softens and progresses into little powder (not incense) a lovely rose powder. Beautiful. This was a perfume I loved to wear in the day time to lunch and to day time parties, weddings that weren't mine, and just to socialize and spend time with other women. By 1984 I was already a mature divorced woman and wore perfumes with the thought that I could find love once again. Azzaro 9 was the perfume that caught the nose of my last husband. This perfume was his favorite. I also wore it to God knows how many parties and while dancing he would always put his nose to my neck. There is a spray cologne version of this perfume but it is obscene. This is best applied as a dab on through a splash bottle. I own the miniature EDT bottles as well as one larger eau de parfum.

sandrajj
sandrajj

This gorgeous frag is available on Amazon and eBay! Quit lamenting that it's no longer available, and grab yourself a bottle right now! I am wearing this (EDT) and have since ordered it in perfume - for way too much money, I must say! But I adore Azzaro 9!!!

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

EDP: Azzaro 9 is an interesting 3-phase perfume that begins with a very sharp, powdery, dried flowers, orange peel smell that's almost a little overwhelming. A half hour later a heavy indolic smell from tuberose comes out along with some hyacinth and lilies. There is further development a half hour after that as the perfume sweetens up with ylang-ylang, pineapple and basil. At this point it has mellowed out and become creamy as it blends into your skin for a most beautiful summer fragrance. I see why there is so much love for Azzaro 9. Super memorable and absolutely gorgeous!

QueenK13
QueenK13

I can explane my feeling easily after getting familliar with this perfume: I've started my interest for a fragrances that are wiser than the 90's :)

Very indolic scent. And then once again I am coming with my associations: the scent is like sniffing in a little green garden a full bodied and opened red tulip covered with face powder. The powder in here also reminds me of all Lancome cosmetics smell, you know that rosy-violet scent, ladies? But more intense. Wet soil note (because there was a hard spring rain 1 hour ago) overall.

I sadly discovered this beauty after it was discontinued.

Mr Viking
Mr Viking

I bought this due to the descriptions here at FR. I was mesmerized by the fragrance and especially the drydown. Beautfull woody floral notes that takes the greater part of my attention. I can´t stop thinking Nina Ricci L´air Du Temps about the florals, and the drydown has a woody voice that sings Nina Ricci Mademoiselle (1967).
I own the vintage Mademoiselle, and the two has a similar drydown in the woods department.
Unmistakeably georgeous.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

A luxurious and beautiful fragrance. I have the Eau de Parfum in a fitted box and glass bottle which is so gorgeous. I can smell the pineapple and mandarin orange of the top notes, fruity but yet subdued. This is a floral fragrance and gets into the floral aspects very quickly. Violets, mimosa, tulips, roses, wisteria, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily of the valley, tuberose, carnation. A lot of flowers but again, subdued. This smells like a more relaxed version of Paris by Yves Saint Laurent. Sweet, a tad spicy, smoky, rich, heady, and elegant. I wear this in the evenings for dates. Very feminine, stylish and sophisticated. I love it. I bought a large size and 2 miniatures and an Eau de Toilette. This is the kind of fragrance you don't mind stocking up on.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

DRESSER TABLE PERFUME OF MY DREAMS

In my furthest and farthest scent memory is Azzaro No. 9. It was in the 1980's. My mother was a maid/housekeeper in expensive townhouses and luxury penthouses in Manhattan New York City. I was out of school one summer and accompanied her on the job as she would also house sit and stay in the big house overnight. She was doing her thing while I explored the house. I sneaked into the boudoir of the Mrs. of the house a somewhat boozy busty blonde socialite with a salt and pepper haired husband who was much older than she was. I found Azzaro No. 9 on her dresser table. It was in a beautiful fine crystal glass flacon with a glass stopper. I was instantly drawn to it. I removed the stopper and smelled the perfume. It was probably the first time I had ever smelled perfume. My mother wore mostly affordable Avon perfumes offered to her by an Avon lady that would come visit us. Ah, but this, this was real perfume. It was incredibly beautiful. I could not tell what I was smelling back then. To my child's nose it just smelled like a grown up woman's perfume, but not Avon at all, this was a rich woman's perfume LOL. I hoped that I could one day wear this fragrance because I thought all perfumes never age and could never become outdated or old fashioned. I never did forget the smell. And now many years later I am a woman of 30 and an addicted fragrance fanatic can finally return to that moment when I first smelled perfume. This is like Houbigant's Quelques Fleurs in that you get a whole lot of flowers. This has an epic flower power. The flowers in this perfume are: Mimosa, tulip, carnation, tuberose, lily, wisteria, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, rose, orange blossom, dyer’s greenweed, hyacinth, violet leaf, mimosa petals and basil. The flowers are in the heart of this perfume are beyond amazing. This is flower heaven. So if you're big on floral fragrances, this is the perfume you must possess. And these are not synthetic waxy flowers These are real flowers and floral essence extract/oils. This is a big flower garden where I could live. The opening notes are fruity: pineapple, mandarin orange are prominent. You definitely get pineapple and the aldehydes are quite strong so it's like pineapple cocktails or fruit wine. It's boozy and tropical. The base notes are sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, vanilla, incense, cedar, ambrette (musk mallow), vetiver and iris. The dominant base note is the incense. My God the incense. There is a cloud of dark smoke coming out of this liquid, covering up up all those flowers in a veil of night. This frag has been reformualated but why bother getting that when the original vintage is a masterpiece. This is so beautiful and gives me the same olfactory orgasm as Quelques Fleurs. It has all come full circle for me. I have my town house, my Fashion Week yearly wardrobe for spring, summer, fall and winter, my perfumes and my dresser table. And on that dresser table is the fine glass bottle of Azzaro No. 9.

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

The opening of Azzaro 9 is unusual- very green, but not strongly aldehydic. It actually smells to me like freshly cut tulips. Although I know that this note is created, it does not smell synthetic- it smells *fresh* and realistic. Under the note I read as tulip is a spicy floral note, perhaps wisteria? and lightly sweet pineapple, ever so faint.

The heart, on my skin, is lily, light carnation, faint rose, and basil, with a green/mossy wood vibe that I think may be the dyer's greenwood, and an almost juicy, airy mimosa. Lightly spicy, balmy, relaxed, clean without being soapy, fresh as a breeze, a little cool. Wearing A9 is like sitting out of doors in the early morning, catching drifts of scent from your neighbor's gardens, as the breeze begins to warm, and dew still sparkles in the grass.

In the dry down, neroli, a touch of white musk, creamy sandalwood and green hyacinth appear. Ylang ylang is lightly present, as is LoV. But the real star here is the velvety iris, supported by clean cedar, with a touch of incense. Just lovely!

A9 is a treat! Cool and warm by turns, airy, light, spicy, a little sweet- this is definitely a classic, and deserves to be ranked with L'heure bleue and the like. Extremely complex, and likely to show a different facet in different weather. A9 definitely deserves more of a reputation than it has!

My special thanks to Mi55anthr0py, who provided me with my mini- I will treasure this little beauty, and savor it! My sincere gratitude!

Gjilchrist
Gjilchrist

Based on others' experiences, I was expecting the scent to be flowery like Patou's Vacances. The note list is phenomenal--pineapple, lily of the valley, tulips, carnation, hyacinth, incense, and oakmoss? Yes, please.

But instead of that field of glory, Azzaro 9 is what I would call, in the most layman of terms, perfumey. On me, it smells like a pronounced feminine fragrance, but not enticing in any way. I imagine folks around me thinking, That woman is certainly wearing perfume, rather than Who smells amazing?

HORACIOAG
HORACIOAG

this is one of this crazy world that anyone can´t understand...what the hell why this peace of masterpiece doesn´t exist anymore? wtf? azzaro ceo´s..what have u done? jesuschrist, are u MAD???
So sorry this wonderful, intoxicating, marvellous parfum is discontinuated...

A great scent made of white flowers and softly spice-woody tons. It's really memory scent for me, because my mother had a bottle of it many years ago and I used to spray it on myself when I was very young.
It's an ode to feminity, opulent and elegant, but never cloying. A wonder made of good jasmin. Warm, enveloping and radiant.
It's one of those perfumes that made history in the last decades. I don't knoe if it has been reformulated.

christelucas
christelucas

Why is it that all the classics, which lend to civility, charm and understated sensuality are discontinued?

Gloves, hats, dollies, bric a brac (lent to memories, warmth and coziness of home). Shallowness seems to be in today. Look at the composition of this fragrance. Not simple at all.

Let's put pressure on the design houses and fragrance companies to reflect the change back to time of value.

This fragrance unique, to itself, reminds me of Most Precious by Evyan.

FayLou
FayLou

A beautiful fragrance. This perfume smells closer to real flowers than any I have come across. It really does smell like putting your nose into a big bunch of fresh flowers! It has a real "pollen" quality to it. I like to wear it during summer, it fits with the season with all its flowers. In winter, it would be a real lift on a dark day I'm sure. I also think it is a good perfume to layer with as it seems quite straightforward in its makeup. I've layered it with Jardins De Bagatelle and it worked nicely, giving what is quite a fleshy perfume a fresh floral lift.
Really like Azzaro 9!

Planet_X
Planet_X

Romantic dreamer who is standing at the railway station eagerly waiting for his girl with this sunny and bright bouquet of fresh cut flowers. He didn't know how to please her for sure, but he wanted her to be happy. So he have bought all he could only find - tulips and mimose, irises and tuberose, hyacinths and lilies... People passing him by with a smile, charmed by this strange guy, and while they are walking past, wind throws in their faces the most powerful scents of the spring.

Maggie_Everk123
Maggie_Everk123

This is a luxurious, flowery fragrance. I like the smell!

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

This gem has sadly been discontinued. I used to wear it a lot bak in the 80s, when I was young(er). A very lovely scent.

Guest_Abendlicht
Guest_Abendlicht

When I was a little kid, one of aunt was wearing this beauty. I asked recently what was her perfume in the 80's..... Azzaro 9 they told me. What a disappointment that is discontinued!!! I Would love to have it!! Or at least give sole to her and smell it again!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Had a bottle when I was a teenager...back then I found it a little too strong for me. I remembered as a mossy, flowery smell that was aimed for a lady. Didn't give it to my mom because I wanted to smell elegant and sophisticated like her. I think I would love it now. :D

EDIT: Found it, the same bottle as a teenager, I have so many perfumes I can't keep track. Yes, spicy, mossy & so interesting. Yes, elegant & sophisticated. I'm so glad, I have a gem!

lapurrla
lapurrla

Imagine it's cold & dreary as you walk through the park, then sun breaks through the clouds, you lift your face towards the warming light and breathe in the living fragrances of the gardens. Azzaro 9 is a bottled burst of sunshine to me. That phase I love doesn't last too long and before you know it the clouds re-gather. Still worth the short-lived pleasure.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This perfume is a delight for your senses. This covers so many different notes I do not know where to begin! Fruity, floral, woody & incense all dancing together on the skin. I really get the lily of the valley and pineapple notes big time. Warm but not too warm, spicy but not too spicy. A nice change of pace!

mymlan
mymlan

I have a mini of Azzaro9 which I occasionally find quite addictive. To my nose the top is a wild combination of freshly cut tulips surrounded by tuberose, ylang ylang, and bitter oakmoss.

After a while it slowly and gradually developes itself into a slightly warmer tuberose fragrance on my skin, with honeyed bitter sweet undertones. A very sophisticated "old school" fragrance.

If Azzaro9 was a wine it would probably be a costly Pinot Grigio (the dryer italian style), or perhaps a Chablis. Cold, rich, dry and bitter with the colour of honey. Simply adorable.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

An elegant and romantic fragrance, like a whiff in a large bouquet of spring flowers! That's what I call a flowery perfume - aldehydes plus loads of flowers, all kinds of them, in a strong intoxicating opening blast which then softens to a warm and creamy drydown. I fancy this frag being worn by a stylish blonde in a flaring white dress at an afternoon tea party :)

nesca1502
nesca1502

It's such a shame this perfume is discontinued, I absolutely loved it! It was a 15th birthday gift from one of my brothers and I loved its elegant fragrance, that has a romantic side.
Its middle notes are wonderful, but I think the best part comes when it starts fading to the base notes, so sumptuous and elegant. I hope this perfume would be available again...

I think if azzaro 9 was released 20 years sooner it would be a great competetive for legendary classic perfumes.
it starts with somehow spicy notes continued by flowers which are goodly mixed so that I can't recognize.romantic,warm,classy and very long lasting!I think my mum shouldn't through away the bottle,because it's no more available and the bottle is nice too.