Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Azzaro 9 Azzaro for women

Azzaro 9 Azzaro for women
dislike

Azzaro 9 Azzaro for women Pictures Azzaro 9 Azzaro for women Pictures Azzaro 9 Azzaro for women Pictures

Azzaro 9 by Azzaro is a Floral fragrance for women. Azzaro 9 was launched in 1984. Top notes are aldehydes, pineapple, mandarin orange and bergamot; middle notes are mimosa, tulip, carnation, tuberose, lily, wisteria, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, rose, orange blossom, dyer’s greenweed, hyacinth, violet leaf, mimosa petals and basil; base notes are sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, vanilla, incense, cedar, ambrette (musk mallow), vetiver and iris.

Aldehydes Pineapple Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Mimosa Tulip Carnation Tuberose Lily Wisteria Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Orange Blossom Dyer’s Greenweed Hyacinth Violet Leaf Mimosa Petals Basil

Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Vanilla Incense Cedar Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Vetiver iris

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Beige
Paradiso
Isles Lointaines

Azzaro 9 Fragrance Reviews

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

The opening of Azzaro 9 is unusual- very green, but not strongly aldehydic. It actually smells to me like freshly cut tulips. Although I know that this note is created, it does not smell synthetic- it smells *fresh* and realistic. Under the note I read as tulip is a spicy floral note, perhaps wisteria? and lightly sweet pineapple, ever so faint.

The heart, on my skin, is lily, light carnation, faint rose, and basil, with a green/mossy wood vibe that I think may be the dyer's greenwood, and an almost juicy, airy mimosa. Lightly spicy, balmy, relaxed, clean without being soapy, fresh as a breeze, a little cool. Wearing A9 is like sitting out of doors in the early morning, catching drifts of scent from your neighbor's gardens, as the breeze begins to warm, and dew still sparkles in the grass.

In the dry down, neroli, a touch of white musk, creamy sandalwood and green hyacinth appear. Ylang ylang is lightly present, as is LoV. But the real star here is the velvety iris, supported by clean cedar, with a touch of incense. Just lovely!

A9 is a treat! Cool and warm by turns, airy, light, spicy, a little sweet- this is definitely a classic, and deserves to be ranked with L'heure bleue and the like. Extremely complex, and likely to show a different facet in different weather. A9 definitely deserves more of a reputation than it has!

My special thanks to Mi55anthr0py, who provided me with my mini- I will treasure this little beauty, and savor it! My sincere gratitude!

Gjilchrist
Gjilchrist

Based on others' experiences, I was expecting the scent to be flowery like Patou's Vacances. The note list is phenomenal--pineapple, lily of the valley, tulips, carnation, hyacinth, incense, and oakmoss? Yes, please.

But instead of that field of glory, Azzaro 9 is what I would call, in the most layman of terms, perfumey. On me, it smells like a pronounced feminine fragrance, but not enticing in any way. I imagine folks around me thinking, That woman is certainly wearing perfume, rather than Who smells amazing?

HORACIOAG
HORACIOAG

this is one of this crazy world that anyone can´t understand...what the hell why this peace of masterpiece doesn´t exist anymore? wtf? azzaro ceo´s..what have u done? jesuschrist, are u MAD???
So sorry this wonderful, intoxicating, marvellous parfum is discontinuated...

A great scent made of white flowers and softly spice-woody tons. It's really memory scent for me, because my mother had a bottle of it many years ago and I used to spray it on myself when I was very young.
It's an ode to feminity, opulent and elegant, but never cloying. A wonder made of good jasmin. Warm, enveloping and radiant.
It's one of those perfumes that made history in the last decades. I don't knoe if it has been reformulated.

christelucas
christelucas

Why is it that all the classics, which lend to civility, charm and understated sensuality are discontinued?

Gloves, hats, dollies, bric a brac (lent to memories, warmth and coziness of home). Shallowness seems to be in today. Look at the composition of this fragrance. Not simple at all.

Let's put pressure on the design houses and fragrance companies to reflect the change back to time of value.

This fragrance unique, to itself, reminds me of Most Precious by Evyan.

FayLou
FayLou

A beautiful fragrance. This perfume smells closer to real flowers than any I have come across. It really does smell like putting your nose into a big bunch of fresh flowers! It has a real "pollen" quality to it. I like to wear it during summer, it fits with the season with all its flowers. In winter, it would be a real lift on a dark day I'm sure. I also think it is a good perfume to layer with as it seems quite straightforward in its makeup. I've layered it with Jardins De Bagatelle and it worked nicely, giving what is quite a fleshy perfume a fresh floral lift.
Really like Azzaro 9!

Yohji
Yohji

Romantic dreamer who is standing at the railway station eagerly waiting for his girl with this sunny and bright bouquet of fresh cut flowers. He didn't know how to please her for sure, but he wanted her to be happy. So he have bought all he could only find - tulips and mimose, irises and tuberose, hyacinths and lilies... People passing him by with a smile, charmed by this strange guy, and while they are walking past, wind throws in their faces the most powerful scents of the spring.

Maggie_Everk123
Maggie_Everk123

This is a luxurious, flowery fragrance. I like the smell!

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

This gem has sadly been discontinued. I used to wear it a lot bak in the 80s, when I was young(er). A very lovely scent.

Abendlicht
Abendlicht

When I was a little kid, one of aunt was wearing this beauty. I asked recently what was her perfume in the 80's..... Azzaro 9 they told me. What a disappointment that is discontinued!!! I Would love to have it!! Or at least give sole to her and smell it again!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Had a bottle when I was a teenager...back then I found it a little too strong for me. I remembered as a mossy, flowery smell that was aimed for a lady. Didn't give it to my mom because I wanted to smell elegant and sophisticated like her. I think I would love it now. :D

EDIT: Found it, the same bottle as a teenager, I have so many perfumes I can't keep track. Yes, spicy, mossy & so interesting. Yes, elegant & sophisticated. I'm so glad, I have a gem!

lapurrla
lapurrla

Imagine it's cold & dreary as you walk through the park, then sun breaks through the clouds, you lift your face towards the warming light and breathe in the living fragrances of the gardens. Azzaro 9 is a bottled burst of sunshine to me. That phase I love doesn't last too long and before you know it the clouds re-gather. Still worth the short-lived pleasure.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This perfume is a delight for your senses. This covers so many different notes I do not know where to begin! Fruity, floral, woody & incense all dancing together on the skin. I really get the lily of the valley and pineapple notes big time. Warm but not too warm, spicy but not too spicy. A nice change of pace!

mymlan
mymlan

I have a mini of Azzaro9 which I occasionally find quite addictive. To my nose the top is a wild combination of freshly cut tulips surrounded by tuberose, ylang ylang, and bitter oakmoss.

After a while it slowly and gradually developes itself into a slightly warmer tuberose fragrance on my skin, with honeyed bitter sweet undertones. A very sophisticated "old school" fragrance.

If Azzaro9 was a wine it would probably be a costly Pinot Grigio (the dryer italian style), or perhaps a Chablis. Cold, rich, dry and bitter with the colour of honey. Simply adorable.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

An elegant and romantic fragrance, like a whiff in a large bouquet of spring flowers! That's what I call a flowery perfume - aldehydes plus loads of flowers, all kinds of them, in a strong intoxicating opening blast which then softens to a warm and creamy drydown. I fancy this frag being worn by a stylish blonde in a flaring white dress at an afternoon tea party :)

nesca1502
nesca1502

It's such a shame this perfume is discontinued, I absolutely loved it! It was a 15th birthday gift from one of my brothers and I loved its elegant fragrance, that has a romantic side.
Its middle notes are wonderful, but I think the best part comes when it starts fading to the base notes, so sumptuous and elegant. I hope this perfume would be available again...

I think if azzaro 9 was released 20 years sooner it would be a great competetive for legendary classic perfumes.
it starts with somehow spicy notes continued by flowers which are goodly mixed so that I can't recognize.romantic,warm,classy and very long lasting!I think my mum shouldn't through away the bottle,because it's no more available and the bottle is nice too.

Azzaro 9 by Azzaro 4.52 out of 5 based on 111 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Azzaro Azzaro 9 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Azzaro Azzaro 9, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Azzaro 9 by Azzaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Azzaro 9 by Azzaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.