Designers » A » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Azzaro Aqua Azzaro for men

Azzaro Aqua Azzaro for men
dislike

This citrusy cocktail of notes was presented in 2009 and it incorporates citruses, currant bud and leaf, mint, tarragon, cedar, basil, nutmeg and woody accords. The fragrance is available as 75 ml EDT limited edition.

Citruses Cassis Mint Tarragon Basil Virginia Cedar Woodsy Notes Nutmeg

Azzaro Aqua Fragrance Reviews

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I like this stuff alot. On opening there is a strong, and I mean very strong mint note. it's almost like a eucyliptus scent that can be overbearing. It smells medicinal to me, maybe like a grandparents medicine cabinet. I do like it however, because it's a familiar, comfortable smell thats cooling on hot days. This smell does wear off in under 30 minutes and turns into a woody/citrus scent. Longevity on the citrus is short and the woodiness takes shape in the first hour and lasts till the end which is unfortunately not very long... maybe 4 hours on me. I do like it though, and I would not classify it as an aquatic scent but definitely a top notch summer scent. Maybe an aromatic?

Grottola
Grottola

My good buddy John (gypsy_parfumista) has an absolutely unprecedented review of Azzaro Aqua below me. Please read his review; he's got a magical sense of smell.

In my opinion, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better aquatic than this one.

Azzaro Aqua was a little gem that came and went too soon. I think it's the perfect summer fragrance, and the best mint out there besides Pasha Fraicheur Menthe by Cartier. The mint isn't like toothpaste or dental products at all; this stuff is COOL AS ICE. There are slight aquatic nuances, but for the most part this is a refreshing herbal fragrance, with basil, clove, and tarragon playing second fiddle to the mint. I actually don't get much citrus; but the mint lives up for lack of a citrus freshness. Finally, the fragrance is held together by what is probably the smoothest nutmeg note I've smelled in all of perfumery. Azzaro Aqua doesn't last TOO long - about 5 hours at the most, but I'd suspect it would last a long time on a hot day. Also, it's really not similar to Ice*Men at all. That one is a lot heavier.

It's a shame Azzaro Aqua got discontinued. The bottle, color, font, and of course the fragrance are all beautiful. I would have loved to see matching bath and body products. Oh well. Snatch this up while you still can - I know I will, because it's now my favorite aquatic!

periquito89
periquito89

This is Bright Visit with a very mint top note. A flash mint top note actually, which vanishes quickly and leaves you with a very frustrating feeling, and, of course, with Azzaro Bright Visit. I'd wish the scent was just that mint top note, a really cool one, and one of the closest things of what I figure is a "cold note". I'm sure I would enjoy it better. And you say it would be just mint. You got it. Would be a very nice - and refreshing - mint scent! Not there yet!

I love this sweet minty scent with a small dose of basil. I don't find it all that citrusy however, but it's not a big deal. It's refreshing, strong, and quite aromatically pleasant. Anyone could enjoy this.

Being a great admirer of Azzaro in general, I was shocked and (pleasantly) surprised to find this at a TJX store on clearance for 7.50 US dollars! I was even more happy when I got it home and smelled it...

Despite it's limpid blue colored juice, this is NOT your usual aquatic scent. This begins with citruses alright, but also has a wonderfully bitter cassis and some tarragon for an subtle herbal softness. As it dries, it gets sharper with mint and basil, an utterly delightful addition to what I expected to be a calone-y marine wannabe! If this is water, it's like a fast running icy cold brook in the woods in early springtime, after the snows of winter have thawed and filled the streams to capacity. The herbs add to the springlike feel with their cool, green energies and bright freshness. Basil's warmth balances minty coolness and the overall aroma is stimulating to say the least! The drydown has some warm cedar, smooth nutmeg, and a light nondescript woody accord. Although the notes on this are listed linearly, I find it does develop, and the heart notes last for quite a while (mint haters stay away from this one!), the drydown is very soothing and has a hint of sweet spiciness. For a 'blue' scent, named "Aqua", I was very impressed-but then I usually am when it comes to Loris Azzaro's fragrances...

Sillage: very good
Longevity: quite impressive
Overall: 4.25/5

I came home from the city one day with AQUA, Halston 1-12 and Daddy Yankee to show for my last 20 bucks, and my Mother (scowling, knowing I spent the last of my $ AGAIN on perfumes)actually smiled when smelling this, and then said "You did good, John"-I thought so too...3 FBs for 20 bucks! Don't let the color or the name fool you-this is good juice, my friends and I really dig it...

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

In my opinion, this fragrance is very similar to Bvlgari Extrême (in your middle notes). The mint, cedar, nutmeg and woodsy notes caused me this impression

Fresh and Aqua the cologne doesn't last long on my skin and seems to have a nice warm dry down. Overall not too impressive

guest_Dan
guest_Dan

Anyone noticed how the bottle is quite smilar to Azzaro Jetlag??

bwcw81
bwcw81

Tested this... Very fresh and "aqua" feeling, it remind me the lighter version of Chrome, but much lighter and longevity is not that great. Bottle design also too simple and nothing new..
Not an very outstanding Aqua fragrance I can say. Test it and think twice before you buy.

Cassiano
Cassiano

I like this one!
It is fresh and with a good mint tone. In my oppinion it is very similar to Ice*Men by Thierry Mugler, but this one has a better long lasting.
Even the color of the cologne is equal!
I believe the nutmeg + wood notes are the responsible for the acomplishment on my skin.

For the price it is sold in Brazil, I think it worths a lot, because it is good and has the typical quality of Azzaro fragrances.

Azzaro Aqua by Azzaro 4.11 out of 5 based on 37 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Azzaro Azzaro Aqua fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Azzaro Azzaro Aqua, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Azzaro Aqua by Azzaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Azzaro Aqua by Azzaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.