Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Azzaro Couture Azzaro for women

Azzaro Couture Azzaro for women
dislike

Azzaro Couture Azzaro for women Pictures Azzaro Couture Azzaro for women Pictures Azzaro Couture Azzaro for women Pictures Azzaro Couture Azzaro for women Pictures

Reedition of the fragrance Azzaro from 1974, known under the name Azzaro Couture, was presented a few days ago in Paris, while wider distribution and sale are announced for October 2008. Presentation of this perfume took place in the Bristol hotel (Rue Faubourg Saint Honoré), and was accompanied by a fashion show of Parisian boutique Azzaro.

Original bottle of the Azzaro Couture fragrance was created in shape of a ring, which was inspired by Salvador Dali's painting. Colour scheme was changed from black to white, and is narrowing towards the bottom. Each of them is unique, since it is hand-made. The glass part is hand-made, while the top is crowned with 120 Swarovski crystals.

The bottle is available in two versions, Couture Prestige and Couture Cristal, both in the amount of 75 ml. 100ml Couture Refill edition with a small funnel is also available.

Original version of the perfume was created in cooperation with perfumer Maurice Thibond, as a chypre floral composition. Reedition was created thanks to successful cooperation with perfumer Aurelien Guichard (Givaudan), and is combined as less 'heavy' and more 'floral'.

This perfume includes as many as 5 absolutes, and these are absolutes of: mimose, May rose, iris, ambrette seed and galbanum. The difference, when compared with the previous edition from 1974, is in that some ingredients are excluded, while this, more modern edition became more sparkling and glamorous.

Rose iris Galbanum Mimosa Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Histoire d`Eau Amethyste

Azzaro Couture Fragrance Reviews

leathermountain
leathermountain

Up top I get a salty grapefruit that seems like it belongs to one of JC Ellena's Hermes scents....The heart is a very non-Hermes-like crumbly sweet orris....
And the heart ends fairly quickly in a light powdery thing (mimosa is plausible, but a very airy version), with a hint, once again, of that salty grapefruit. Maybe my salty grapefruit is their ambrette...? Nice, but a bit brief.

courant
courant

A further advance on Chandler Burr's complimentary review on the new Couture would be redundant and a little arrogant, it really hits the mark. Yes, I often bemoan the dearth of elegant perfume releases in a plethora of saccharine concoctions. Saccharine is artificial sugar, a chemical aping of cane sugar just as the sweet monstrosities of the perfume world dull and dumb us down with the olfactory equivalent of high blood sugar. When I heard that Prada had produced 'Candy' there was a sharp intake of breath and a very long measured sigh. Small voices say 'Learn to accept the things you can't change and be grateful for small mercies,' then came Nicky Minage. Candy, all is forgiven.
I had never heard of Couture, not even the older version but the new one caught my eye at a ridiculous price on a daily special. Mentally I was rockin' Austin Powers as I spied the bottle. I really liked it, in the way I liked Thunderbirds (FAB) and the suspended polycarbonate white sound shell chair of the sixties. I found a few references, Chandler's being one of them and gave it a go. I'm so pleased I did. I can believe that this perfume contains four absolutes, which is to say, I want to believe it because I like it, If you took to 'Enjoy, Bill Blass (new) Fleur de Cristal, Flora Nymphaea, First, Y (YSL) Belle en Rykiel etc then that's the general direction but they're not as good. Obviously regulations have taken their toll on these and Couture has been built from the ground up. It's a happy spring scent. a feminine scent (sorry guys, I can't see it on a man) It's compote sweet, not jammy sweet.(compote only has enough sugar to keep for a few days) and there is a sort of guava or feijoa blossom tang.

The bottle has tiny crystals on the top, Austin Powers' fembots are grooving the scene. "Hey DaddyO, do I make you smell nice, baby? Oh Austin, behave....and retrieve my bottle of Couture from the fembots, I'm sure there's state secrets embedded in those little Swarovski crystals. Yes, I can see Liz Hurley as Vanessa wearing this, a top model with a comedic side, classy but fun.

jtd
jtd

This is an interesting floral/fruity chypre. It is largely linear, not a common trait for a chypre, and while it is sweet, the sweetness lies in the floral notes and not the fruity notes. The rose is candied, but the fruit note, somewhere between melon and pear, is tart and sharp. There are many notes listed (rose, bergamot, mimosa, ambrette seed, galbanum, patchouli.) Somehow they create a nose-gestalt that reads as a light chypre, a floral/fruity and a spicy musk. The spiciness reads as a nicely placed pepper note reminiscent of the one in Caron’s Parfum Sacré. It lines up beautifully with the rose and the fruit. It cuts the rose’s sweetness, gives the fruit its green edge and lasts from start to finish.

The linearity tells me that Azzaro Couture might not so much be an ‘actual’ chypre (ie. with oakmoss) as an implied or suggested chypre. Bergamot and the pepperiness give a hint of that rough bitterness that I associate with chypre. The great thing about linearity here is that it stops the clock at an accord that reminds me of the heartnotes of Diorella---almost turned fruit balanced with a dark raspiness.

AC doesn’t have great projection and it lasts better on the strip than on my skin. Although linear for the most part, AC’s constituent elements (flower, fruit, musky spice) remain distinct, and even into the drydown there is no blurring of the lines.

Sissi
Sissi

The opening is hard to describe it's
fruity with metallic nuances. I'm not crazy
about the bottle design it's homely in it's appearance i think what's making that
metallic smell is probably the Amberette
seedlings and the Mimosa notes is making it metallic those two just dominate the other notes you barely smell the rose
and iris in it these are one of those
perfumes that are hard the review.

Azzaro Couture by Azzaro 4.00 out of 5 based on 24 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Azzaro Azzaro Couture fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Azzaro Azzaro Couture, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Azzaro Couture by Azzaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Azzaro Couture by Azzaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.